An Economy In Shackles, Not In Decline.

by Flyovercountry ( 107 Comments › )
Filed under Uncategorized at April 11th, 2012 - 11:30 am

Rush Limbaugh said something on his show yesterday which I believe may be the single most insightful thing ever uttered by the most polarizing talk show host in our nation. At the 4:40 mark on the video is where Mr. Limbaugh really gets at the nub of the matter. The free market system that has served us so well for 221 years, (assuming 1791 as the starting point for our constitutional republic,) did not begin to falter until the geniuses in Washington began to regulate it. Even today, even with the Democrat Party’s best efforts to destroy it, our economy is still the strongest in the world. The statement that somehow, the free markets have failed, after 221 years of unprecedented success may be one of the all time egregiously idiotic statements ever uttered by human speech. Our economy has continued to thrive through the great depression and beyond despite the efforts of our Legislative and Executive Branches, not because of them. Barack Obama needs Americans to be completely ignorant of the broader picture painted by history in order to sell his snake oil. Part of that snake oil is convincing us all that America is somehow in decline, that we need to take our just place as a mediocre nation, just one of the gang, and allow a more just Marxist entity to be the world’s superpower now.

The only problem of course is that our nation is not in decline, it is merely in shackles. There is a difference, and that difference is not so subtle as Rush Limbaugh painted it to be. that difference is huge. In November, we will have the philosophical battle for our national direction once again. Will we begin to remove those shackles placed on America as a nation and allow for our free market economy to once again create the wealth and prosperity unbounded by cynical politicians and cronies seeking expanded privilege and power? Conversely, will we place even more shackles and onerous regulation on the backs of our fellow citizens taking solace that we will all be equally miserable, except of course for the elite class of politicians and cronies favored by the state as somehow deserving of dear leader’s grace?

It has taken about a century of meddling since the Administration of Woodrow Wilson to bring the world’s greatest economy to its knees. Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, and Jimmy Carter almost succeeded, and Ronald Reagan was able to reverse much of that damage. It took political will and personal courage for Reagan to stay the course he undertook. (For those of you who remember, the first three years of Reagan’s term in office were not exactly a bed of roses. Things took a good long while to start turning around.) The question now is this, will someone else emerge with the courage and political will to allow the only medicine that has ever worked, sufficient time to actually work?

Our greatest days are indeed ahead of us, should we elect to seek them. A large portion of our manufacturing base was not enticed over seas by cheap labor, we chased it away by inflicting it with onerous regulations and a taxation burden that can be only characterized as punitive. Punishing success has never been a good way to create wealth. Anyone who has ever owned a dog can tell you that beating the animal for urinating outside is not going to help in your efforts to house break that pet. The manufacturing base of the world will settle anywhere they can make their products most efficiently, with affordable energy, and with as little interference from the politicians as possible. Even with all we’ve done to the auto industry, there are still 14 auto manufacturers not named GM, Ford , or Chrysler, building cars in America. The question is, do we want that to continue to be the case? Eventually, if we try hard enough, we might be able to successfully chase them away as well. Just follow California’s lead, and threaten to sue them over carbon emissions, which of course have not been shown scientifically to harm anything. If I were a car company, I would stop selling cars to California. How many auto plants are in California anyhow? Californians must already purchase the majority of their electricity from other states. Hardly a self sufficient place.

Cross Posted at Musings of a Mad Conservative.

Comments

107 Responses to “An Economy In Shackles, Not In Decline.”

1. 1 | April 11, 2012 11:35 am

Obama wants what he is against. He wants a land of haves and have nots.

2. 2 | April 11, 2012 11:37 am

I wish there were a way to force California out of the Union. They want to be a Third World Communist dictatorship, fine. Just not as part of the United States. Let them go their own strange way, and be done with them. No Federal bailout when they go bankrupt. Let them take their medicine, and serve as an example of what prolifigate spending, over-taxation, and over-regulation can do to a State or Nation.

3. Tanker
    3 | April 11, 2012 11:41 am

With him being the deciding factor of who is the haves and the have nots.

4. 4 | April 11, 2012 11:42 am

@ Tanker:

Exactly. What Obama wants is a Neo-Feudal system. Where an elite will benefit and give the crumbs to those they feel who deserve it.

5. 5 | April 11, 2012 11:43 am

Dorian will get mad!!!!!!!1

:evil:

6. Tanker
    6 | April 11, 2012 11:46 am

Then we can start an underground railroad to get few sane folks out. They couldn’t afford to drive out, even if the SSOC (Socialist State Of California) let them keep their vehicles.

7. Tanker
    7 | April 11, 2012 11:47 am

See #6

8. 8 | April 11, 2012 11:50 am

Dorian will get mad!!!!!!!1

Meh, what’s the point? California needs to be split in two, North California and South California.

9. 9 | April 11, 2012 11:50 am

@ Tanker:

Just saw that!

10. 10 | April 11, 2012 11:50 am

It’s like we’re living within a novel co-written by George Orwell and Ayn Rand.

11. 11 | April 11, 2012 11:51 am

How’s that coming along? The whole South Californian succession?

12. 12 | April 11, 2012 11:51 am

Tanker wrote:

Then we can start an underground railroad

NO MORE FUCKING RAILROADS IN CALIFORNIA…. :twisted:

13. 13 | April 11, 2012 11:52 am

@ Tanker:

Yeah, I’m glad my wife got out of there when she did. The real estate market has really tanked there, worse than it has all over the nation. She could have been stuck with a house she couldn’t sell at any price, just as I was stuck with an upside-down house that took me almost three years to get rid of. I wouldn’t move to California for double my current salary. Hell, doubling it would just about effectively cover the extra cost of living in California, and then you add on all the nutso regulations and even more nutso people. No thanks.

14. 14 | April 11, 2012 11:52 am

How’s that coming along? The whole South Californian succession?

It seems to be stalled at the moment, but I expect it to pick up steam again as gasoline prices continue to go up and tax day approaches.

15. Tanker
    15 | April 11, 2012 11:54 am

doriangrey wrote:

Dorian will get mad!!!!!!!1

Then what’s to be done with LA?

Oh..and if shit comes, I’ll bring a car hauler in to get your Beemer and Vette out. I’ll really look after them for you. I promise!!!

16. citizen_q
    16 | April 11, 2012 11:57 am

Pathetic

I’m not trying to ‘redistribute wealth’

President Obama, who famously called for tax increases on the wealthy to “spread the wealth around,” denied today that his tax increases on the rich are an attempt to “redistribute wealth.”

“So these investments — in things like education and research and health care — they haven’t been made as some grand scheme to redistribute wealth from one group to another,” the president said today at Florida Atlantic University. “This is not some socialist dream,” Obama added, as he called for tax increases on millionaires today to pay for those investments.

When he advocated the same plan in 2008, though, Obama described this “spread the wealth around” policy. “I’m gonna cut taxes a little bit more for the folks who are most in need and for the 5 percent of the folks who are doing very well – even though they’ve been working hard and I appreciate that – I just want to make sure they’re paying a little bit more in order to pay for those other tax cuts,” he told Samuel Wurzelbacher (aka Joe the Plumber), who is now running for Congress.

17. Tanker
    17 | April 11, 2012 11:57 am

I know the feeling. I need to sell my place now, but don’t see it happening for a while (KY).

18. 18 | April 11, 2012 12:02 pm

@ Tanker:

The housing market is awful, and that is a Direct result of Freddie and Fannie’s meddling in the housing market. Things are likely to get worse, and not better anytime soon. I read the other day that there is another wave of foreclosures getting ready to come down as people who have been delinquient for some time get their houses taken. That’ll depress the market some more. And credit is tight. They aren’t lending money to you just because you have a pulse any more. I don’t honestly think that the housing market will ever come back. It was an artificial bubble, and we are going to be living with the effects of it for the foreseeable future.

19. 19 | April 11, 2012 12:11 pm

OT: Anyone else noticing an ongoing purge at National Review?

20. 20 | April 11, 2012 12:15 pm

Tanker wrote:

doriangrey wrote:
    Dorian will get mad!!!!!!!1

Then what’s to be done with LA?

LA is in North California… Better bring an Army with that Car Carrier, you can have my Beemer and Corvette right after you pry my AR-15 out of my cold dead hands… :twisted:

21. 21 | April 11, 2012 12:22 pm

@ Zimriel:

Yes Charles claims credit for that one.

22 | April 11, 2012 12:23 pm

Tanker wrote:

Then what’s to be done with LA?

Send in Snake Plisken with a Beldar Conehead firecracker.

23 | April 11, 2012 12:37 pm

@ Zimriel:

I’d like to read Weissberg’s paper for myself before I draw any conclusions.

I think it’s a bit hinky that Lowry didn’t provide any examples from the piece.

24. m
    24 | April 11, 2012 12:42 pm

@ Tanker:

:D

Tanker is just cool like dat.

25. 25 | April 11, 2012 12:42 pm

@ Bumr50:

He attended a conference of White Nationalists. I looked up the group and no way in hell the Right should be associated with these people.

26 | April 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Oh.

I didn’t know that, and agree. What was the group?

I hate identity politics. This is what happens when you introduce preferences to ANY group on a legislative level.

27. Tanker
    27 | April 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Dude..I’m not your enemy. I’d be like the Gov, just there to help a Bud out!

28. Tanker
    28 | April 11, 2012 12:52 pm

m wrote:

@ Tanker:

Tanker is just cool like dat.

Always willing to do my part for the struggle! 8-)

29. 29 | April 11, 2012 12:53 pm

@ Bumr50:

Although its lefty source, I did my own research. These guys are not good.

30. 30 | April 11, 2012 12:59 pm

The Right already is associated with these people … in Europe (at least France and Belgium). Jared Taylor and his boys are deeply mutually involved with Vlaams Belang and the younger Le Pen. But that’s by the way.

I used to think that white nationalism was a problem. Now I see it as a protective mechanism. Our enemies are those who hate whites – or, if you like, The West – not those who love them.

At least, the point is arguable. Stormfront and Vanguard and groups / sites like that are crazed haters. Taylor is not a crazed hater. He should be debated, not shunned.

/imo

31. 31 | April 11, 2012 1:00 pm

How in the world do they justify L.A. in Northern California? I suggest everything north of Santa Barbara.

Although East/West California works for me. We can divide by Highway – I-5 from the Oregon border to Sacto, I-80 from Sacto to Fairfield, 680 from Fairfield to San Jose and 101 from San Jose to L.A., and East Cali gets everything south from Orange County. We should be able to pull it off – just tell the Democrats to imagine it looking like a Congressional district they’re trying to keep.

32. 32 | April 11, 2012 1:01 pm

@ Zimriel:

Well count me as the enemy. I despise White Nationalist and if they want to rumble, I am game.

33. eaglesoars
    33 | April 11, 2012 1:02 pm

A good time to repost this.

Understanding the Slave Mentality

The Facts Lose Value: The worst flaw of the slave is not necessarily his ability to overlook the truth, but his ability to see it, comprehend it, and then shrug it off anyway because it is contrary to his mission to fulfill his private delusions. For the slave, the truth exists, but is no longer useful. Lies make his universe turn, and facts are a tool to be used or cast aside at his leisure.
    []
    The Need For Control: I suppose it’s ironic, but the average slave loves tyranny because it affords him a perceived seat at the table of power, perhaps for the first time in his entire life. Collectivist slaves are often people who have felt weak and inadequate since childhood. While honorable human beings fight this personal uncertainty by strengthening themselves physically and mentally, and improving upon their own character, the slave takes the easy route by joining with bureaucracy and living vicariously through its conquests. Through the state, the hollow, cowardly, and stupid, have the ability to “show the world who’s boss”, and get revenge for a life filled with meaninglessness.

There’s more. Much more.

34 | April 11, 2012 1:09 pm

@ Zimriel:

It’s definitely reactionary, but not in a productive way.

It’s a very base response, to defend a group (of which I am a part) which IS in fact under attack by most of the Leftist progressive world.

But in doing so they feed the stereotype, which is the goal of many of those that would attack “Whites.”

I know that I feel under attack for being “white” on many levels from many different individuals and groups.

I simply reject the notion of ANY sort of “groupism,” be it on a racial, religious, or gender level.

The America that I’ve studied and been proud of has been one that embraces complete and total individualism.

Where the Left pits one group against another relentlessly, it’s important to understand the overarching goal. That being Globalism.

Reactionary groups of any stripe that wrongly (but IMO understandably
    )choose to band together into the very boxes that the Globalists sought to create in the first place only serve to subvert the Individualist philosophy that I so warmly embrace.

35. 35 | April 11, 2012 1:11 pm

@ Bumr50:

Well said! These White Nationalists would throw me in a gas chamber if they could. I know their game and I would take out 10 of trashy scumbags out before they can even harm me.

36. 36 | April 11, 2012 1:12 pm

@ eaglesoars:

This was most definitely behind the idea of continuing unemployment for 99 weeks, despite the collective states protests that it would break their budgets and was not financially feasible. It was also behind the mass sign up of folks for food stamps and welfare on the state level, with a “sign up first and we’ll check later” mentality, where communities were rewarded for the numbers they were able to get on the rolls.

This is why Obama is not working on appealing to the middle class white voters – and why he’s shoring up the entitlement base as much as he can.

Oh, and now he’s trying to call “The Buffett Rule” the “Reagan Rule” because Reagan made comments about paying their fair share. That SCOAMF!

37. 37 | April 11, 2012 1:12 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Too many Americans don’t realize that the government “taking care” of you is a form of slavery.

38. 38 | April 11, 2012 1:15 pm

@ eaglesoars:

thanks for the link. don’t have time to read the whole thing now, but it’ll be gotten to later this evening.

39. 39 | April 11, 2012 1:16 pm

I realize that Obama, by the way, is itching to attack Romney’s religion, but he may want to re-think that. We have such terrific sound bites of Reverand Wright, there, Sparky – and I don’t think the media will have the luxury of ignoring them this time — you’ll have a hard time attacking a guy’s religion when your preacher is a jerk filled with hate. It’ll have people thinking whose church they’d rather sit in on Sunday morning.

Stick with what ya know, Bummer – Racism, racism, racism…..it worked so well for you last time.

40. 40 | April 11, 2012 1:16 pm

Slaves were taken care of in the Antebellum South. They were given a minimum of shelter and food, a minimum of clothing, etc. Not unlike American in housing projects in major cities, except the crime rate in the slave shacks in the Antebellum South was nothing like the crime rate in the housing projects.

41. 41 | April 11, 2012 1:22 pm

Now you understand why I continue to be a secessionist. It can be done peacefully, via constitutional amendment. If one state wants to leech permanently from the others, the answer is to cut it loose.

42 | April 11, 2012 1:22 pm

@ Zimriel:
    I do not like nationalism (as opposed to patriotism) and particularly a nationalism based on race.

43. eaglesoars
    43 | April 11, 2012 1:23 pm

@ eaglesoars:

I would add that too many Americans don’t realize how many Americans WANT to be slaves. Remember during the 2008 campaign that woman yelling Obama was going to buy her a new house? When asked where the money would come from she said “I dunno. He’s got a stash somewhere”

44. 44 | April 11, 2012 1:23 pm

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

45 | April 11, 2012 1:23 pm

@ Speranza:

What do you think of my 34?

46. eaglesoars
    47 | April 11, 2012 1:24 pm

I think that’s rather a benign view of a repugnant institution.

47. 48 | April 11, 2012 1:24 pm

@ eaglesoars:

It’s the I am owed mentality that is prevalent among people. They are straight when they are young that they are owed a living. I have been through and back in my life and realize that no one owes you shit.

49 | April 11, 2012 1:24 pm

They were given one way bus tickets to Northern cities such as Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, D.C., Boston, Philadelphia and New York.

50 | April 11, 2012 1:25 pm

m wrote:

Germany: Fear of Honour Killings Sends Hundreds Into Hiding…nothing to do with Islam of course

Of course.

50. 51 | April 11, 2012 1:25 pm

@ Speranza:

These White Nationalists are scum.

51. 52 | April 11, 2012 1:26 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Which? Slavery in the South or Housing projects in the North? There doesn’t seem much to choose between them, really. Both are repugnant, dehumanizing institutions, but one is still going on today while the other has been extinct for 150 years.

52. 53 | April 11, 2012 1:26 pm

@ m:

It’s Israel’s fault!

53. eaglesoars
    54 | April 11, 2012 1:26 pm

m wrote:

That has also been going on in France for years, also with charitable groups trying to help these women. Vanity Fair ran a very good piece on it. If I could remember the title, I’d look it up for you.

54. 55 | April 11, 2012 1:27 pm

The KKK just got smarter, that’s all.

55. 56 | April 11, 2012 1:29 pm

Zimriel wrote:

OT: Anyone else noticing an ongoing purge at National Review?

I never thought much of NR to begin with. They sided against the Serbs. To heck with them.

56. 57 | April 11, 2012 1:29 pm

I am convinced that the Johnson Administration looked at what the Courts were doing in the Civil Rights movement, andsaid “What can we do to keep those [people] down?” And the “Great Society” was born. The Great Society has done more damage to the black race than slavery, and that is no exaggeration.

57. 58 | April 11, 2012 1:30 pm

I agree with you. Just like he lied about Rightwing Dominican Nationalists in 65 trying to remove a Leftist junta and called them Communists. He is a liar and I hope he’s burning in hell for the damage he did to America.

58. 59 | April 11, 2012 1:31 pm

@ 1389AD:

National Review is Pro Muslim Brotherhood. The only writers I like are Andrew McCarthy, Mark Steyn, Victor Davis Hanson and Jonah Goldberg.

59. eaglesoars
    60 | April 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Click on this just to see the picture. Please. You’ll LOVE it I promise.

60. eaglesoars
    61 | April 11, 2012 1:33 pm

National Review is Pro Muslim Brotherhood

Wha??

61. 62 | April 11, 2012 1:33 pm

They got medical care at least as good as what their owners received, partly because they were considered valuable.

Many of them received cash allowances to spend on what they wanted.

Some of them were taught how to read and write by their owners, even though this was technically illegal.

The stats show that they were allowed to keep roughly 90% of the value of what they produced through their labor, which is more than what we “free” people get to keep today.

And no, I am anything but an apologist for slavery – whether it be chattel slavery (then) or slavery to a government (now).

62. 63 | April 11, 2012 1:35 pm

@ eaglesoars:

They supported the Arab Spring and the Libya War. They also are calling for intervention in Syria. Its not that they outright support the MB, but the actions they call for helps the Muslim Brotherhood agenda.

That said, Andrew McCarthy and Mark Steyn do go against the editorial board.

63. eaglesoars
    64 | April 11, 2012 1:38 pm

Ok I uderstand what you’re saying. But that hardly translates to support for MB. It just means they’re stupid.

64. 65 | April 11, 2012 1:39 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Right, I once again mis-wrote! A big problem I have!

65. 66 | April 11, 2012 1:40 pm

@ Bumr50:

I’ve never attended any white nationalist gathering, but I’ve had occasional conversations with people who have been in such organizations. I reserve the right to talk with ANYBODY, be they right, wrong, or anywhere in between. I would not want to be ostracized from polite society (whatever that is) for such a reason.

Oh, and by the way, why is it socially acceptable for people in public life to hobnob with BLACK nationalists and their organizations?

Just askin’.

66. 67 | April 11, 2012 1:43 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Either they’re stupid, or they’ve been bought off (or unduly influenced by those who have been bought off).

At any rate, it’s their responsibility not to be stupid, and they’ve failed it.

68 | April 11, 2012 1:47 pm

@ Speranza:
    @ Bumr50:

The only reason I ask is because I respect your knowledge of politics and history, and want to make sure I’m not oversimplifying because I’m thinking of doing a guest post.

I feel that the nature of these divisions is almost inconsequential to the Progressive Globalists, and they’d have brown-eyed people fighting the blue-eyeds if they could.

The division itself makes people angry, and THAT’S their goal, IMHO.

68. 69 | April 11, 2012 1:48 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Right, I once again mis-wrote! A big problem I have!

The NR supports Obama’s interventionist, pro-Muslim-Brotherhood foreign policy, which for all intents and purposes, amounts to the same thing.

Just as they supported the Clintons’ interventionist, pro-al-Qaeda foreign policy in the Balkans.

69. 70 | April 11, 2012 1:50 pm

@ 1389AD:

I don’t like either and reject both. They are both my enemy.

70. 71 | April 11, 2012 1:51 pm

@ Bumr50:

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!

71. eaglesoars
    72 | April 11, 2012 2:03 pm

gotta go

72. Lily
    73 | April 11, 2012 2:08 pm

@ Bumr50:

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!

And pray tell what about the green-eyed people?? ;)

73. 74 | April 11, 2012 2:08 pm

@ eaglesoars:

See ya later!

74. 75 | April 11, 2012 2:09 pm

@ Lily:

Over at Little Green Footballs?
    ///

75. Lily
    76 | April 11, 2012 2:10 pm

No, no, no. There eyes are just full of green sh*t! ;)
    /green-eyed person here! :)

76. 77 | April 11, 2012 2:11 pm

@ Lily:

I was just teasing!

77. Lily
    78 | April 11, 2012 2:12 pm

Oh I know!!!
    8-)

78. 79 | April 11, 2012 2:15 pm

Breaking over at FOX: Special Prosecutor Reportedly Will Charge George Zimmerman in Fatal Shooting of Trayvon Martin.

80 | April 11, 2012 2:16 pm

I was just about to do a headline. Go for it.

80. 81 | April 11, 2012 2:17 pm

Miscarriage of JustUs. There’s probably no way Zimmerman can get a fair trial, either. You have the blacks threatening to riot if justice is done. They really believe they have the right to commit assault. I have to say, this has opened my eyes quite a bit, and I don’t like what I see.

81. 82 | April 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Just when you think Holder had plumbed the depths, he goes still deeper.

Gawd, this man is a villain of the first order and should be impeached forthwith.

82. 83 | April 11, 2012 2:19 pm

@ huckfunn:

Nah, you do it!

83. 84 | April 11, 2012 2:19 pm

He should flee to Peru.

84. 85 | April 11, 2012 2:20 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Sorry, just got back from taking Mom in for her daily Radiation therapy.

85. 86 | April 11, 2012 2:21 pm

@ huckfunn:

I like your headlines better than mine!

86. 87 | April 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Yeah, I think I’d have bugged out, if I had the money to do it. He probably doesn’t have the cash it would take to pull up stakes and move across the globe. It takes money to do a Roman Polanski…

87. 88 | April 11, 2012 2:22 pm

@ MacDuff:

He’s another reason to vote against Obama. We have an open Racialist running the Department of Justice.

88. 89 | April 11, 2012 2:23 pm

At this point, nothing short of a public hanging will likely sate the mobs.

89. 90 | April 11, 2012 2:23 pm

From Weasel Zippers:

More than 200 Jewish students attending Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, were surprised to find “eviction notices” posted to their dorm room doors on Friday.

The students later found out that the fake notices were placed by the Students for Justice in Palestine.

According to the Sun Sentinel, the group’s stunt was aimed to draw attention to their claim that “about 25,000 homes have been demolished since the occupation of Palestine by Israeli troops began in 1967.”

According to the report, SJP has some 75 chapters across the United States that host Palestinian-awareness programs perceived by many as anti-Israel. The group advocates boycott campaigns and annual Israeli Apartheid Weeks.

In Atlantic University, the group has about 30 members.

“We want to raise awareness about the plight of the Palestinians,” chapter President Noor Fawzy said.

“The intent is to expose Israel’s illegal policies and give students a feel of what it’s like to live under occupation.”

Zip’s response: The Jewish students should have responded by firing rockets at the Pro-Pali students – so that they could know what it was like to live in Israel.

90. Buffalobob
    91 | April 11, 2012 2:25 pm

@ Iron Fist: Don’t leave out the Indian Reservations. Even with the invention of Indian Casinos most live in poverty, on food stamps with unemployment of the young males in double + digits. The clan/tribal leaders and prog politicians reap the benefits, the majority struggle as wards of those in power. Classic socialism/communism.

91. 92 | April 11, 2012 2:28 pm

Well, we know it’s not going to be Murder One, as she’d need the grand jury for that. Of course, nothing short of Murder Two (or Three) is going to satisfy the mob rule.

92. 93 | April 11, 2012 2:30 pm

@ Buffalobob:

True. Any time you turn your well-being over to the State, you are takin g a grave risk. It rarely pans out well. Only fo rthe lucky few at the top of the food chain, really. In our system, it is the government workers banking 6 figure incomes that are making out, while the people they are supposedly helping are trapped in a cycle of poverty that truly is difficult to break unassisted. Once you are sucked into living on the dole, it is damned hard to get off, and that is by design. They want the masses of semi-slaves who will vote their paycheck as a check against the more responsible citizens who make an honest living for themselves.

93. 94 | April 11, 2012 2:30 pm

@ Buffalobob:

Not to mention the drug problems and alcoholism that plague the reservations. I don’t know about other states, but in California, they got the go-ahead by saying how much the Casino tribes would help the non-Casino tribes. Which turned out to be bullshit. It is a clusterfuck out here.

94. Tanker
    95 | April 11, 2012 2:34 pm

Today I weep for the soul of my Nation. But, never think that because I’m weeping I’ll not defend it!

I don’t think the MOB will be satisfied with anything less than a hanging. It seems the system will give it to them!

96 | April 11, 2012 2:34 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

She’s a Republican, FWIW.

96. 97 | April 11, 2012 2:34 pm

MacDuff wrote:

At this point, nothing short of a public hanging will likely sate the mobs.

I’m OK with that, in fact, I think hanging the mobs is a great idea.

97. 98 | April 11, 2012 2:36 pm

doriangrey wrote:

MacDuff wrote:

At this point, nothing short of a public hanging will likely sate the mobs.

I’m OK with that, in fact, I think hanging the mobs is a great idea.

A bit time consuming, dontcha think?

98. 99 | April 11, 2012 2:37 pm

@ Tanker:

Meanwhile, Zimmerman has gone to ground. May he never be found if he does not wish to be. If he were here, I’d hide him. The police and DA who originally investigated did not bring charges, so they had to find a, “special prosecutor,” who’s sole job would be to bring charges. Was a time when a high tech lynching like this would have been impossible to even conceive.

99. Lily
    100 | April 11, 2012 2:38 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Just when you think Holder had plumbed the depths, he goes still deeper.

Oh my word! Yet nothing about the public Wanted Dead or Alive by the NPP! I mean that is against the law too. Good night in Georgia!

100. 101 | April 11, 2012 2:42 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

Oh, no. They’d have done the same thing to a black man charged with killing a white man during Jim Crow. It has become glaringly obvious that a large part of the Black Community want Jim Crow back, but in reverse. So much for judging someone based on the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. Nice words, but not really meant.

102 | April 11, 2012 2:42 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

She’s a Republican, FWIW.

One wonders whether that is a matter of location, or whether, given the choice of a Republican or Democrat, they chose the Republican in order to either put Republicans on the spot, to ensure that there might be some small element of fairness in the legal process, or a combination of the two.

102. 103 | April 11, 2012 2:43 pm

New Thread.

103. 104 | April 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Shades of Pontius Pilate capitulating to the mobs.

I hate democracy as much as our Founders did.

104. mtc
    105 | April 11, 2012 4:28 pm

Thank goodness there is no more slavery. Owning other people is repugnant and evil as was secession.

105. mtc
    106 | April 11, 2012 4:31 pm

America has had a history of having great Presidents at dark moments in history. America is better because Abraham Lincoln put an end to the twin evils of slavery and secession.

106. 107 | April 11, 2012 5:41 pm