by Flyovercountry ( 58 Comments › )
Filed under Uncategorized at April 12th, 2012 - 11:30 am

I have always said that the first two weeks of Major League Baseball should only have warm weather teams at home, while the colder markets should start with two week road trips. The reason of course could not be illustrated anywhere better than in my hometown of Cleveland. Last night, once again, we had a home game postponed due to snow. There is nothing quite so refreshing to me while I am pushing my fossil fuel burning snow blower around, as the thought that somewhere in the bowels of California, there resides an idiot who believes that an increase in temperatures is a bad thing. They believe that the end to my frustration with clearing a late spring snow from my driveway will somehow damage their bike paths. My snow blower is a source of joy to me on two fronts. While I paid just enough attention to my high school science courses to realize that the whole global warming Chicken Little postulation is utter nonsense, it still fills me with pride that the possibility that my burning copious amounts of carbon is somehow helping to raise the temperatures that I find so damn frustrating in April. Secondly, it’s much easier than using a shovel. In January, just to do my part, I buy several cans of Aqua Net Hair Spray and shoot them off into the atmosphere. (By the way, Aqua Net Hair Spray Unscented is actually Scotch Guard, and does a wonderful job of preventing static cling during the colder months.) I know that I’ve put this up before, but I felt is apropos in light of today’s topic. Watch the first video, and realize that this is the mind set of the Warming Alarmists. If you do not agree with them, that the debate is over, they feel that you should be executed, summarily, sans due process. All heretics must be terminated. Some paragon of toleration the Political Left has become, huh?

Something else occurred to me, while celebrating the Indians umpteenth snow out of the decade by clearing a path for my car on my snow covered drive way, and that was the well known fact that every other period of warming that man kind has experience has been met with relative economic improvement over periods of previous time frames. Extended Springs, Summers, and Autumns, produce extended growing periods for more abundant harvests. More food has usually been viewed as a good thing, even by the dimmest of simple common folk so to speak. How on Earth did we convince ourselves that we wanted to live in a world where Ice Station Zebra was not some nightmarish surreal experience, but something to look forward to. All my life, I grew up hearing people saying that they wanted to move to Florida or Southern California for the great weather all year round, and now suddenly, we want to have North Dakota’s winter nine months of the year. (No offense to the great State of North Dakota, but it gets pretty darned cold there in January and February, you have to admit.) The other question of course is this, how on Earth did we allow these morons to become in charge? Were we not paying attention to anything that they said?

I have an agreement with some of my liberal friends, we don’t talk about politics anymore. Feelings are too easily bruised, mostly by my not just simply agreeing with what ever starting point for debate that is put forward. In one egregious instance, one of my very dear friends would start and end a debate within the same sentence. She would do this by making some preposterous statement about George W. Bush’s policies, and end with the phrase, “shut up,” before I had a chance to respond. So typical, the left can only truly win a debate when the right’s ability to state their position is censored. (By the way, this is the reason for the idiotic boycotts of Rush Limbaugh. Only by getting his voice kicked off of the air can his point of view be countered adequately.) When we hear Al Gore, and every other Climate alarmist traveling around announcing that the debate is over, what they are really saying is that their arguments will not stand up to scrutiny. The U.N.’s IPCC has been putting out reports for a long time now, and as it turns out, not all of the scientists on their list of contributors to their reports agree with the conclusions, or even realized that they were being cited as a part of the reports. Henrik Svensmark is one of those scientists, and in fact ran an experiment at the Cern Super Collider, (which did not end the world by the way,) that basically proved once again, our friend Mr. Sun is mostly responsible for our weather. As it turns out, 30,000 actual scientists wish to continue the debate that the political class has declared to be over.

When I was in my youth, I too loved spreading the gospel of the doomsday scenario. Nothing is quite so much fun as living in a John Carpenter night mare sequence, where a horrible fate awaits any character who even remotely shows the inclination towards attempting to experience any kind of joyous activity. As luck would have it though, I grew up and realized the the sky is not in fact falling. Real science has proven that our planet’s climate has warmed and cooled for millennia, as has the temperatures on several of the other planets within our solar system. With the absence of air conditioning, SUV’s, and farting cows on Mars, I would find the whole man made aspect of the current manufactured crisis somewhat amusing. The only problem, at least from my perspective is this, the proponents of this mythology wish to use it as a bludgeon to inflict real economic damage upon the rest of us, who inhabit this wonderful planet. People in third world countries are really starving as a result of the environmental movement. These people have already caused the deaths of 50 Million people due to the cessation of DDT, and their obvious blood lust has still not been satisfied.

For the sake of the Children, these people must be stopped!

Cross Posted at Musings of a Mad Conservative.

Comments

58 Responses to “The Start Of Baseball In Cleveland, An Inch And A Half Of Global Warming In My Driveway.”

1. 1 | April 12, 2012 11:45 am

Billions will die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. 2 | April 12, 2012 11:47 am

Wait a minute – rant on climate stuff starting with it being cold early in the baseball season? Sorry, but gotta go with the pro on this one…

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjrMDNpODOc

3 | April 12, 2012 12:44 pm

The baseball season is too damned long.

4 | April 12, 2012 12:46 pm

@ Mike C.:
    The guy is a cheap ripoff of The Kid From Brooklyn.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DyG60KT-MY

5. 5 | April 12, 2012 12:49 pm

@ Speranza:

They should shorten it!

6. 6 | April 12, 2012 12:56 pm

Speranza wrote:

The baseball season is too damned long.

….and the rent is too damned high!

7. 7 | April 12, 2012 1:04 pm

@ MacDuff:

Charles Johnson thinks he’s Black!

8. 9 | April 12, 2012 1:15 pm

@ MacDuff:

Charles Johnson thinks he’s Black!

spectacular white guys

He’s one of those with “minority envy”, unspectacular white guys that so want to be a “cool minority” that they glom onto every flaky fringe group that comes along.

9. 10 | April 12, 2012 1:16 pm

@ MacDuff:

He has defended Louis Farrakhan.

10. 11 | April 12, 2012 1:17 pm

@ m:

Chucky is defending her!

11. 12 | April 12, 2012 1:17 pm

m wrote:

When you’re getting your ass handed to you- double down!

In that picture she looks like a young Kathy Bates.

12. 13 | April 12, 2012 1:18 pm

@ MacDuff:

He has defended Louis Farrakhan.

Self-loathing white are not, I think, dissimilar to self-loathing Jews.

13. 14 | April 12, 2012 1:19 pm

@ MacDuff:

Here is the thread.

14. 15 | April 12, 2012 1:20 pm

@ MacDuff:

Charles Johnson has good reason to loathe himself. He is a loathesome little man.

15. 16 | April 12, 2012 1:23 pm

@ MacDuff:

Here is the thread.

Heh, it’s like “aside from his hat-filled diatribes and over-the-top lunacy, he’s really a good guy”. Delusional.

16. m
    17 | April 12, 2012 1:23 pm

@ MacDuff:

When even Whoopi says you’ve gone too far you need to pack it up.

17. MikeA
    18 | April 12, 2012 1:28 pm

@ MacDuff:

Thats who I thought it was when I saw the picture!!!! Thanks for saying that.

18. 19 | April 12, 2012 1:32 pm

@ m:

Only Charles is defending her.

19. 20 | April 12, 2012 1:33 pm

m wrote:

@ MacDuff:

When even Whoopi says you’ve gone too far you need to pack it up.

Whoopi gives her too much credit in saying “she spoke before she thought”. Rosen has since thought and, as you said, doubled down.

I’ll give Whoopi credit for her sentiments, though. Sometimes she surprises you.

20. m
    21 | April 12, 2012 1:34 pm

Of course he is. (that coming from a man that really hasn’t worked a day in his life)

(altho I do thank God the man didn’t breed)

21. 22 | April 12, 2012 1:38 pm

@ m:

Yes he spared humanity his genes.

22. 23 | April 12, 2012 1:44 pm

Later, folks. Have a good afternoon.

24 | April 12, 2012 1:48 pm

@ Speranza:
    They should shorten it!

Cut the season to 154 games.

25 | April 12, 2012 1:48 pm

@ MacDuff:
    Charles Johnson thinks he’s Black!

He isn’t Black?

26 | April 12, 2012 1:49 pm

m wrote:

When you’re getting your ass handed to you- double down!

Being a left-wing ideologue (and adviser to Debbie Waffen-S.S. Schultz) will do that to you.

27 | April 12, 2012 1:50 pm

MacDuff wrote:

He probably got bullied by a minority kids and blamed himself.

27. 28 | April 12, 2012 1:50 pm

@ Speranza:

Heracles from DOD did several posts claiming he was a Black baseball player, Footballl Player and a criminal.

28. 29 | April 12, 2012 1:51 pm

@ Speranza:

In Hawaii they have Hoale day where Native Hawaiians beat up whites. So I think that is ingrained in Charles Johnson’s mind.

30 | April 12, 2012 1:51 pm

@ m:
    Chucky is defending her!

R.S. McCain correctly referred to LGF as a “Dime store version of Kos”.

30. 31 | April 12, 2012 1:52 pm

@ Speranza:

Check this out from Gus.

32 | April 12, 2012 1:52 pm

@ Speranza:

I saw them, they are actually pretty funny and I am sure that CJ has seen them as well and seethed.

33 | April 12, 2012 1:52 pm

@ Speranza:

Charles assumes the white mans burden of guilt.

34 | April 12, 2012 1:54 pm

@ Speranza:
    Check this out from Gus.

Hamas, Hezboillah – all the same to him.

34. m
    35 | April 12, 2012 1:55 pm

faux apology finally

36 | April 12, 2012 1:58 pm

@ m:
    She’s as sincere as Obama’s profession of friendship for Israel and admiration for Britain.

36. 37 | April 12, 2012 1:59 pm

@ Speranza:

Obama and sincere don’t equate in my head!

37. 38 | April 12, 2012 2:00 pm

@ m:

I don’t think Charles has gotten the memo.

38. citizen_q
    39 | April 12, 2012 2:04 pm

MacDuff wrote:

My vote, is the old “even a blind pig finds a truffle occasionally” saw.

BTW, WTF kind of name whoopi? Only Whoopi I know of is the cushion, or the making of.

40 | April 12, 2012 2:06 pm

@ Speranza:
    Obama and sincere don’t equate in my head!

He is a practiced deceiver.

41 | April 12, 2012 2:07 pm

citizen_q wrote:

I read she named it after a Whoopi cushion because she was ahemmmm extremely gassy.

41. 42 | April 12, 2012 2:08 pm

@ Speranza:

he’s a lying Demagogue!

42. 43 | April 12, 2012 2:10 pm

OK… whose in charge of this train wreck today? I have a perfect thread for coldwarrior ME… :grin:

Confirmed: Drinking significantly improves problem-solving abilities

Scientists found that men who either drank two pints of beer or two glasses of wine before solving brain teasers not only got more questions right, they also were quicker in delivering correct answers, compared to men who answered the questions sober.

While the latest findings go against the traditional beliefs that alcohol impairs analytical thinking and rational thoughts, lead author Professor Jennifer Wiley of the University of Illinois at Chicago discovered that alcohol may enhance creativity problem solving by reducing the mind’s working memory capacity, which is the ability to concentrate on something in particular.

“Working memory capacity is considered the ability to control one’s attention,” Wiley told the Federation of Associations in Behavioral and Brain Sciences (FABBS). “It’s the ability to remember one thing while you’re thinking about something else.”

43. 44 | April 12, 2012 2:11 pm

@ citizen_q:

Exactly!

44. 45 | April 12, 2012 2:11 pm

citizen_q wrote:

My vote, is the old “even a blind pig finds a truffle occasionally” saw.

Sigh……… Blind pigs actually find the most truffles, since they are buried and found by sense of smell… :oops:

45. 46 | April 12, 2012 2:12 pm

I believe this.

46. 47 | April 12, 2012 2:14 pm

I believe this.

Hmmm, believe it’s the perfect (hic) thread for (hic) me? Or the scientific (hic) study???

47. 48 | April 12, 2012 2:16 pm

The study!

48. 49 | April 12, 2012 2:19 pm

The study!

:grin: Plus… Hops have a chemical in them that are a very powerful anti-cancer substance, unfortunately, the amount of hops required to be beneficial is about 40 times the amount of hops used in most commercial beers. Or, the same amount used in the majority of (according to coldwarrior your average over hoped) Kraft Brew Ales.

49. citizen_q
    50 | April 12, 2012 2:21 pm

LOL! Killjoy!

Do you like broken clock twice a day? I don’t. I dlo not think poopie is correct often enough to be compared to a broken clock.

50. 51 | April 12, 2012 2:25 pm

citizen_q wrote:

LOL! Killjoy!

Well, I do have an alarm clock that goes off whenever heck it feels like it… Does that count??? :twisted:

51. citizen_q
    52 | April 12, 2012 2:27 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Sure, why not? Though if I were you I’d consider regifing the clock to someone you don’t particularly care for.

52. 53 | April 12, 2012 2:29 pm

citizen_q wrote:

doriangrey wrote:

ROTFLMAO… I soooooo almost did that… :twisted:

53. 54 | April 12, 2012 2:31 pm

doriangrey wrote:

citizen_q wrote:
    doriangrey wrote:

ROTFLMAO… I soooooo almost did that…

Then my less evil side totally punched my evil side in the nose and said “You are soooo not doing that”… :sad:

54. 55 | April 12, 2012 2:41 pm

doriangrey wrote:

doriangrey wrote:
    citizen_q wrote:
    doriangrey wrote:
    ROTFLMAO… I soooooo almost did that…

Sigh… My evil side is a whimp that spends 99 percent of his existence ducktaped in the closet… One day he is going to break free, and their will be heck to pay… I sure hope heck isn’t expensive… :oops:

55. citizen_q
    56 | April 12, 2012 2:46 pm

doriangrey wrote:

So you are married?
    :-)

Running for the exit and looking over my shoulder for mine….

56. 57 | April 12, 2012 2:48 pm