Comedy Gold: David Brooks claims that Obama is fiscally responsible!

by Rodan ( 235 Comments › )
Filed under Barack Obama, Economy, Entertainment, Humor, Open thread at April 17th, 2012 - 5:00 pm

David Brooks, along with Peggy Noonan, Kathleen Parker, Chris Buckley, Colin Powell, JC Watts and Susan Eisenhower were called the Obamicans. These were Republicans who in 2008 voted and supported Obama. Most of those mentioned have now turned against the Pharaoh. David Brooks is still a die hard believer. He claims that Obama is a fiscally responsible Liberal. Yes, you read that correctly, Brooks believes Obama is fiscally responsible!

I’ve been critical of President Obama’s budgets. I’ve argued that while I like the way Obama preserves spending on things like scientific research and programs for the vulnerable, he doesn’t do enough to avoid a debt crisis.

[....]

Extremely senior members of the administration believe these sorts of criticisms are completely unfair and vastly underestimate their fiscal hawkishness. In this column, I thought it only fair that I provide you with a summary of their arguments.

First, their goals. They argue that it’s foolish to try to solve the debt problem with some drastic magic bullet all at once. It’s smarter to stabilize the debt while also looking after other needs, like protecting the vulnerable and investing in things that boost growth and mobility.

They argue that the president’s 2013 budget is a step toward fiscal stability that will also pave the way for bigger steps in the years ahead. They estimate that their budget would produce $5 trillion in budget savings over a decade. It would raise $1.5 trillion in new revenue by raising taxes on those making more than $250,000 a year.

[....]

Basically, what we’re looking at is a period of stability, administration officials say, which would soothe credit markets and give us time to make further adjustments. This, they conclude, is responsible prudence.

I’m not going to pass my own comprehensive judgment on this here. I’ll just say that my conversations reaffirm my conviction that Obama is a pragmatic liberal who cares about fiscal sustainability, who has been willing to compromise for its sake, but who has not offered anything close to a sufficient program to avoid a debt crisis.

But we have a campaign in front of us. If the president is truly committed to a strategy for progressive fiscal stability, as Bill Clinton was, he’ll make that the center of his campaign. He’ll earn a mandate. He’ll win over independents who want fiscal discipline but worry about the way Republicans get there.

David Brooks will vote for Obama. This clown is not a  Conservative, but a  Progressives masquerading as a Conservative like David Frum. His claim that the Pharaoh’s regime wants fiscal responsibility is just laughable. David Brooks is water carrier for the regime and he should not be taken serious. To him, Obama is our divine god-king who is leading America to a greater future. Brooks would be writing favorable of Stalin, Hitler or Mao is they were still ar0ound.

This is not a serious thread because David Brooks is not a serious commentator. He’s just a saner version of Charles Johnson.

Tags: , ,

Comments

235 Responses to “Comedy Gold: David Brooks claims that Obama is fiscally responsible!”

1. Buffalobob
    1 | April 17, 2012 5:10 pm

These nitwits will say anything to get invites to the in cocktail parties.

2. 2 | April 17, 2012 5:26 pm

David Brooks is a Pickle Puffer who smokes crack from a penis shaped crack pipe… That is all…. :twisted:

3. Canoe Convoy
    3 | April 17, 2012 5:35 pm

Nonsense!

4. grambo
    4 | April 17, 2012 5:44 pm

doriangrey wrote:

I’ve suspected that for quite some time! Good to have confirmation.

5 | April 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Is this report from The Onion?

6. 6 | April 17, 2012 5:48 pm

It seems like it.

7. yenta-fada
    7 | April 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Speranza wrote:

Is this report from The Onion?

Nope. THIS is from The Onion.

8 | April 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Speaking of Christopher Buckley this comment about him from four years ago still rings true.

He has the soft and flabby face of a well fed appeaser.

9. 9 | April 17, 2012 5:51 pm

grambo wrote:

doriangrey wrote:

I’ve suspected that for quite some time! Good to have confirmation.

You know that an individual has totally Fluked their own reputation when people cast the most outrageous aspersions against their character and everyone who reads those aspersions says.. Umm, well yea…

10. grambo
    10 | April 17, 2012 5:56 pm

doriangrey wrote:

grambo wrote:
    doriangrey wrote:
    I’ve suspected that for quite some time! Good to have confirmation.

I don’t subscribe to the “if we do that, too, then we’re just as bad as they are” school.
    I will use whatever means necessary to demean and defeat the enemy.
    I will do whatever I can to spread the truth about this guy

11. yenta-fada
    11 | April 17, 2012 6:00 pm

OT sort of from Drudge

The Secret Service is looking into Ted Nugent. I certainly hope he has enough hookers and booze. lol

12. 12 | April 17, 2012 6:02 pm

@ Speranza:

I don’t get why David Brooks isn’t supporting Romney. That’s his kind of republican.

13. 13 | April 17, 2012 6:03 pm

@ Speranza:

Because Romney doesn’t have the right creases in his pants.

14. 14 | April 17, 2012 6:05 pm

You think its that? That David Brooks fantasizes about some Obama loving.

15. 15 | April 17, 2012 6:05 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

OT sort of from Drudge

Hmmm, the same Secret Service that just tried to set Obama up for assignation?

16. 16 | April 17, 2012 6:06 pm

You think its that? That David Brooks fantasizes about some Obama loving.

He did love the crease in Obama’s pants… :shock:

17. 17 | April 17, 2012 6:09 pm

I just find it out. Romney is the most Liberal Republican since Nixon and people like Brooks are not embracing him. Mitt is one of them.

18. 18 | April 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Apparently Mitt isn’t one of them, not Marxists enough or something. Isn’t that scary… :shock:

19. 19 | April 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Yeah it is really scary.

20. 20 | April 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Buffalobob wrote:

These nitwits will say anything to get invites to the in cocktail cock in tail parties.

There, fixed that for ya!

21. 21 | April 17, 2012 6:24 pm

I’ve taken to simply calling Romney by his first name. Now get 20,000 screaming Hockey Fans to do the same:
    WIL-LARD!
    WIL-LARD!

Rinse & Repeat….

22. pat
    22 | April 17, 2012 6:28 pm

This is the Gergen school of conservatism. Or as we say on the internet…mobies.

23. citizen_q
    23 | April 17, 2012 6:50 pm

doriangrey wrote:

yenta-fada wrote:
    OT sort of from Drudge

Hmmm, the same Secret Service that just tried to set Obama up for assignation?

I notice that the powers that be are giving screwy luis farrakahn a pass for his recent statement about people killing their leaders.

24. 24 | April 17, 2012 6:54 pm

citizen_q wrote:

doriangrey wrote:
    yenta-fada wrote:
    OT sort of from Drudge
    Hmmm, the same Secret Service that just tried to set Obama up for assignation?

Well of course, he has two get out of jail free cards, one for being black and one for being Muslim.

25. yenta-fada
    25 | April 17, 2012 7:05 pm

ICK alert from WZ: Holder’s people go to Trayvon town.

26. Dolphin
    26 | April 17, 2012 7:31 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    The best quote from your link…

“I will stand by my speech,” he said, and then upped the ante by heaping more scorn on Democrats, describing Wasserman Schultz as a “brain-dead, soulless, heartless idiot.”

27 | April 17, 2012 7:35 pm

Most of these folks (Brooks, et al) don’t actually believe anything they are saying.

In many cases, they simply cannot admit they were SO WRONG about Obama.

I’m hoping we see this reflected among the general population in November. Many people have a hard time admitting flaws or mistakes out loud, but voting is anonymous.

28. 28 | April 17, 2012 7:38 pm

I’m glad this is a comedy thread. I love comedy. This is funny too!

29. Dolphin
    29 | April 17, 2012 7:42 pm

@ Urban Infidel:
    OMG -- love the sunglasses. LOL.

30. yenta-fada
    30 | April 17, 2012 7:42 pm

Dolphin wrote:

@ yenta-fada:
    The best quote from your link…

This obscure DOJ ‘crs’ is HIRING. They are ‘assisting’ people (specifically Blacks and Muslims) who are having ‘community’ problems.

31 | April 17, 2012 7:42 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

In many cases, they simply cannot admit they were SO WRONG about Obama.

Most of these people are exactly like Obama: they are credentialed, but not educated.

They accepted him as one of their own because he had the proper hecksher (kosher certification): Columbia and Harvard and Sidley Austin. You can go farther than that, if you want—Alinsky, “community organizer,” nicely-mellowed Sixties radical connections which tapped into their own college nostalgia. Better accent and credentials than Al Sharpton, less angry-sounding than Jesse Jackson or Farrakhan. He was—is—credentialed up the wazoo.

If they questioned whether the credentials actually stand for anything, or merely conceal the absence of any genuine achievement, their entire worldview would crumble—because most of them are just as vacuous and ignorant as Obama himself. It goes far, far beyond admitting that “they were wrong about Obama”; if they question his credentialing they must confront the possibility that they are wrong about themselves and their friends and associates.

And that they will never do.

32. 32 | April 17, 2012 7:44 pm

Dolphin wrote:

@ Urban Infidel:
    OMG – love the sunglasses. LOL.

I know! The wheels! The tires! OHMGGD.

33. Dolphin
    33 | April 17, 2012 7:45 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    Shaking head in discussed.

OTOH -- job creation?
    ///

34. yenta-fada
    34 | April 17, 2012 7:46 pm

You can be a Conciliation Specialist:

35. yenta-fada
    35 | April 17, 2012 7:49 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

You can be a Conciliation Specialist:

The dictionary in my head reads Conciliation Specialist as “appeaser” and “enforcer”, but that’s just me…

36. Dolphin
    36 | April 17, 2012 7:49 pm

@ Dolphin:
    Disgust

Stupid auto correct trying to read my mind again.

37. yenta-fada
    37 | April 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

I’m glad this is a comedy thread. I love comedy. This is funny too!

Yeah. I noticed the black paint-spraying anarchist and the other anarchist with a megaphone. OWS support vehicle. Well spotted.

38. Prebanned
    38 | April 17, 2012 8:07 pm

David is really a democrat, thier mascot is a braying, worthless, jackass.

39. yenta-fada
    39 | April 17, 2012 8:10 pm

Prebanned wrote:

David is really a democrat, thier mascot is a braying, worthless, jackass.

s’up!

40 | April 17, 2012 8:14 pm

Prebanned wrote:

David is really a democrat, thier mascot is a braying, worthless, jackass.

I can’t stand when they describe him as a conservative. He is no where near to being a conservative.

41 | April 17, 2012 8:14 pm

Nixon was very, very liberal.

42 | April 17, 2012 8:15 pm

Poppy Bush was pretty liberal himself.

43. Prebanned
    43 | April 17, 2012 8:15 pm

Hey ‘Fada!!
    WOT WOT!

44 | April 17, 2012 8:16 pm

doriangrey wrote:

He did love the crease in Obama’s pants… :shock:

He actually did say that was one of his (Obama’s) virtues. I guess you have to check your integrity at the door when you work for The New York Times.

45 | April 17, 2012 8:17 pm

@ Speranza:

Brooks does not want to jeopardize his Georgetown dinner party invitations.

46 | April 17, 2012 8:18 pm

@ Speranza:

I wonder who David Frum will support? 60/40 he will find a reason to support Obama.

47. yenta-fada
    47 | April 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Prebanned wrote:

Hey ‘Fada!!
    WOT WOT!

:-) Miss ya.

48 | April 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Speranza wrote:

Brooks does not want to jeopardize his Georgetown dinner party invitations.

See my #31.

49. Prebanned
    49 | April 17, 2012 8:19 pm

@ Speranza:
    RINO’s dilute the brand name.
    The Republican Party is riddled with inflitrators.

50 | April 17, 2012 8:20 pm

Woo-hoo! Arizona voter ID law upheld by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals!

If the (ultra-liberal) Ninth Circuit upheld this, I’m betting most of the other ones are upheld too.

51. yenta-fada
    51 | April 17, 2012 8:21 pm

@Speranza
    @Rodan

I think Rodan should call up Ted Nugent and get him on blogtalk radio. He might just go for it. Rodan would be great at interviewing him.

52. Prebanned
    52 | April 17, 2012 8:22 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    Been workin a bunch again, which is good.
    I am trying not to think about November.

53. 53 | April 17, 2012 8:22 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Woo-hoo! Arizona voter ID law upheld by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals!

whoooT!

54. yenta-fada
    54 | April 17, 2012 8:22 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Hey, yenta. That’s a fabulous idea! lol

55. EBL
    55 | April 17, 2012 8:24 pm

I can only assume Andrew Sullivan has really damning photographs of Brooks at some party and his black mailing him.

Either that or Brooks had a stroke and it turned him into a Democrat.

56 | April 17, 2012 8:24 pm

Speranza wrote:

Poppy Bush was pretty liberal himself.

“Poppy…yessss….Poppy…Poppy will put them to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep…”

—The Wicked Witch of the West

57. 57 | April 17, 2012 8:24 pm

Kinder gentler!

58. yenta-fada
    58 | April 17, 2012 8:24 pm

Prebanned wrote:

@ yenta-fada:
    Been workin a bunch again, which is good.
    I am trying not to think about November.

Glad to see that you’re working. I was gonna ask, but thought it might be too personal. Jeez Louise, November will be here very soon.

59. 59 | April 17, 2012 8:25 pm

@ Speranza:

Actually Frum is all in for Romney. He claims the Liberal wing of the GOP has won, so he’s all for Romney. AT least he’s being honest.

60. 60 | April 17, 2012 8:26 pm

@ EBL:

Brooks doesn’t want to be racist and he wants to be cool.

61 | April 17, 2012 8:26 pm

There’s a “Frumious Blandness Snatch” Alice in Wonderland joke in there somewhere.

62. 62 | April 17, 2012 8:27 pm

@ Speranza:

Romney comes from that wing of the GOP. So far at least Romney is fighting Obama.

63. 63 | April 17, 2012 8:27 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

His Frum Forum went offline. He now rites for Daily Beast.

64 | April 17, 2012 8:29 pm

“My Way or the Highway”: the Petulant President threatens to veto the highway funding bill unless Keystone Pipeline provision is removed.

He kind of reminds me of a Muslim cabdriver refusing to take a fare unless the bottle of wine is tossed.

65. Prebanned
    65 | April 17, 2012 8:31 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    I am self-employed, and sometimes self-unemployed.

66. Prebanned
    66 | April 17, 2012 8:32 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Hopefully, we show O hole the highway.

67 | April 17, 2012 8:33 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    His Frum Forum went offline. He now rites for Daily Beast.

Tina Brown’s “The Daily Beast” -- why am I not surprised? Meghan Mac and her boobs write for “The Daily Beast” too.

68 | April 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Prebanned wrote:

Hopefully, we show O hole the highway.

The fate of the nation depends on it.

69 | April 17, 2012 8:34 pm

@ Speranza:

That is what I was hoping for. A commitment to victory.

70 | April 17, 2012 8:34 pm

Prebanned wrote:

@ yenta-fada:
    I am self-employed, and sometimes self-unemployed.

Charles Johnson is also. lol

71 | April 17, 2012 8:35 pm

@ Speranza:

In Frum World the perfect candidate would be the pasty faced David Cameron but alas (for him) he is British.

72 | April 17, 2012 8:38 pm

Prebanned wrote:

@ Speranza:
    RINO’s dilute the brand name.
    The Republican Party is riddled with inflitrators.

I am a big tent Republican but I cannot stand squishy candidates who refuse to fight such as McCain and the Bush’s.

73. 73 | April 17, 2012 8:38 pm

@ Speranza:

Cameron who is the Left of Tony Blair. I never thought the British Tories would be the Far Left Party and Labor the conservative one.

We live in interesting times.

74. 74 | April 17, 2012 8:39 pm

@ Speranza:

This election is the first American Pharaoh (Obama) vs. The Heir to Richard Nixon (Romney).

Its going to be nasty.

75. 75 | April 17, 2012 8:44 pm

Obama ate dog meat.

“With Lolo, I learned how to eat small green chill peppers raw with dinner (plenty of rice), and, away from the dinner table, I was introduced to dog meat (tough), snake meat (tougher), and roasted grasshopper (crunchy). Like many Indonesians, Lolo followed a brand of Islam that could make room for the remnants of more ancient animist and Hindu faiths. He explained that a man took on the powers of whatever he ate: One day soon, he promised, he would bring home a piece of tiger meat for us to share.”

76 | April 17, 2012 8:46 pm

There is something about Obama that is just not real.

77. Prebanned
    77 | April 17, 2012 8:47 pm

Prebanned wrote:
    @ Speranza:
    RINO’s dilute the brand name.
    The Republican Party is riddled with inflitrators.

I believe that the President and Congress work for the American People, not the other way around.
    The People make up this Nation, not its government.
    The Constitution exists to safeguard us from the government.
    That is my tent.

78 | April 17, 2012 8:47 pm

@ Speranza:
    We live in interesting times.

Margaret Thatcher was the exception. Most Tories are as useless as Labourites.

79 | April 17, 2012 8:47 pm

Prebanned wrote:

The People make up this Nation, not its government.
    The Constitution exists to safeguard us from the government.
    That is my tent.

Ummm, ok.

80 | April 17, 2012 8:48 pm

There is every indication he’s eaten an amoeba that now traverses his brain

81. Prebanned
    81 | April 17, 2012 8:50 pm

sorry ha ha

82. 82 | April 17, 2012 8:52 pm

@ Speranza:

This story is disgusting.

83. 83 | April 17, 2012 8:53 pm

@ Speranza:

John Major was really lame.

84 | April 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Speranza wrote:

There is something about Obama that is just not real.

Is there really anything about Baby Doc Baraq that is real?? :roll:

85 | April 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Speranza wrote:
    There is something about Obama that is just not real.

Is there really anything about Baby Doc Baraq that is real??

Certainly not his surgically altered nose.

86. Dolphin
    86 | April 17, 2012 9:01 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    Oohh, that is a great idea.

87 | April 17, 2012 9:01 pm

@ Speranza:
    John Major was really lame.

Actually he was not bad. His problem was coming after Thatcher whom he could never live up to, sort of like Bush I coming after Reagan.

88. 88 | April 17, 2012 9:01 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    @ Speranza:

How do we know know his name is Barack Obama? I’m dead serious.

89. 89 | April 17, 2012 9:02 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    @ Speranza:
    How do we know know his name is Barack Obama? I’m dead serious.

You are to trust him, that’s how.

90 | April 17, 2012 9:02 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    @ Speranza:
    How do we know know his name is Barack Obama? I’m dead serious.

No reason to think otherwise.

91. 91 | April 17, 2012 9:03 pm

@ Speranza:

Was Major more Conservative than Poppy?

92. 92 | April 17, 2012 9:04 pm

@ Speranza:

No records from his youth. For all we know his name is Frank Marshall Davis Jr. He’s a man of mystery.

93 | April 17, 2012 9:04 pm

@ Speranza:
    Was Major more Conservative than Poppy?

Yes he was but that is not setting the bar too high. He was more conservative than Cameron.

94 | April 17, 2012 9:05 pm

@ Speranza:

I don’t care what his name is, it might have a Hajj in front of it for all I know -- but I do know he sucks as a POTUS.

95 | April 17, 2012 9:06 pm

@ Speranza:
    Also Thatcher was not popular by the time she left in 1990 so I guess Major had to some what distance himself from her for obvious reasons.

96 | April 17, 2012 9:07 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    @ Speranza:
    How do we know know his name is Barack Obama? I’m dead serious.

Good question.
    Who the heck is Bathhouse Barry Sotero and where did he come from?? :twisted:

97. 97 | April 17, 2012 9:08 pm

@ Speranza:

Its just scary that a man where there’s no paper trail gets elected. Hey did you see Michelle Obama said Obama has lead us out of the darkness and into the light? She’s playing up the god-king theme.

98. m
    98 | April 17, 2012 9:09 pm

citizen_q wrote:

Just needed to be repeated.

The Nuge uses crude wording but all he really said was you don’t let the coyotes piss in your living room or it’s your own fault and the battlefield is the ballot box in November.

Screwy Louie wasn’t using metaphors.

99 | April 17, 2012 9:10 pm

@ Speranza:

Obama has made the Bush years seem like sweetness and light to me.

100. 100 | April 17, 2012 9:10 pm

Rodan, say it ain’t so about J.C. Watts! That one breaks my Heart.

101 | April 17, 2012 9:10 pm

@ m:
    Calypso Louis is passed his prime and passed his time.

102. 102 | April 17, 2012 9:11 pm

@ Speranza:

I just can’t believe they will try and play some messiah role for Obama. It’s sick.

103 | April 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Flyovercountry wrote:

Rodan, say it ain’t so about J.C. Watts! That one breaks my Heart.

J.C. Watts supported Obama in 2008 out of racial solidarity.

104 | April 17, 2012 9:12 pm

@ Speranza:

They cannot brag about his record can they?

105. 105 | April 17, 2012 9:12 pm

Flyovercountry wrote:

Rodan, say it ain’t so about J.C. Watts! That one breaks my Heart.

J.C. Watts supported Obama in 2008 out of racial solidarity.

I just threw up a little, in my mouth.

106. 106 | April 17, 2012 9:12 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

Yup.

He apologized in 2010 for it.

107 | April 17, 2012 9:12 pm

Flyovercountry wrote:

Rodan, say it ain’t so about J.C. Watts! That one breaks my Heart.

Waht was so special about J.C. Watts outside of being a Black Republican?

108. m
    108 | April 17, 2012 9:12 pm

NO WAY!

109. 109 | April 17, 2012 9:13 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

So did Condelleza Rice.

110 | April 17, 2012 9:13 pm

I think that it was 50/50 that Condi Rice voted for Obama too.

111. Alberta Oil Peon
    111 | April 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Obama is fiscally responsible. He’s responsible for the terrible shape the nation’s finances are in.

112. 112 | April 17, 2012 9:14 pm

@ m:

That’s a very Liberal court. Even they saw its bs.

113 | April 17, 2012 9:14 pm

EBL wrote:

Either that or Brooks had a stroke and it turned him into a Democrat.

No mystery, he sold out in order to be the House Conservative at The New York Times. He is no Bill Safire.

114 | April 17, 2012 9:15 pm

Hannity has “the architect Karl Rove” on. Architect of Defeat is more accurate.

115. 115 | April 17, 2012 9:15 pm

m wrote:

NO WAY!

It is getting harder and harder for the democrats to steal elections aint it.

116. 116 | April 17, 2012 9:16 pm

She did.

117 | April 17, 2012 9:17 pm

She did.

Clueless Condi Rice was an awful Secretary of State.

118. 118 | April 17, 2012 9:17 pm

Flyovercountry wrote:

Rodan, say it ain’t so about J.C. Watts! That one breaks my Heart.

What was so special about J.C. Watts outside of being a Black Republican?

He was always one of the true House Conservatives, even up until he left the House.

119 | April 17, 2012 9:17 pm

O’Reilly is the dork that I watch occasionally. Tonight on the Pinheads/Patriots segment regarding the Secret Service-hooker flappadoodle someone emailed in the following: “With a name like ‘Secret Service’ one would think that they could get serviced in secret”. :lol:

120 | April 17, 2012 9:18 pm

She did.

Vomit. It was a sickening read.

121 | April 17, 2012 9:22 pm

Flyovercountry wrote:

I never felt he was all that conservative. If he were white nobody would have noticed him (just like Mr. 9, 9, 9).

122 | April 17, 2012 9:23 pm

Well I feel better. At least Romney didn’t eat his dog

123 | April 17, 2012 9:26 pm

Speranza wrote:

I think that it was 50/50 that Condi Rice voted for Obama too.

She did.

Condoleezza Rice, when still Secretary of State, compared “Palestinian” children—not the Jewish children threatened by “Palestinian” rockets, but “Palestinian” children—to the four girls killed in the Birmingham church bombing during the Civil Rights Movement.

At that moment I decided that Condi Rice was black before she was sane, or American, or working for American ally Israel in the Middle East; that it would be a cold day in Hell before I’d support her for anything; and that it would take a great deal of proof on the part of any black person—any black person—contending for national office before I would support them. The antisemitic narratives of the post-civil-rights “civil rights movement” are too strong in the black community for me to trust any of them without strong proofs.

Sorry to be blunt, but that is the way it is.

124 | April 17, 2012 9:26 pm

People were excited about Michael Steele (he was a good Senate candidate in Maryland and a good pundit too) until it was apparent that he sucked a big one as Chairman of The Republican National Committee. I would not be surprised if he votes for The One in November.

By the way I suspect that a lot of “Republican” elitists voted for Obama in 2008 including Meghan Mac.

125 | April 17, 2012 9:28 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

She was overrated. She was an expert about a nation that no longer existed (the U.S.S.R.) but the Establishment loved her and what can you do?

126. 126 | April 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Obama ate dog meat.

I can’t believe America elected this man President.

127 | April 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Speranza wrote:

People were excited about Michael Steele (he was a good Senate candidate in Maryland and a good pundit too) until it was apparent that he sucked a big one as Chairman of The Republican National Committee. I would not be surprised if he votes for The One.

If for some reason Hillary Clinton were to run for President, I expect her to choose Michael Steele as her VP so as to run on a bogus “national unity” platform.

128 | April 17, 2012 9:30 pm

She was overrated.

She was a protege of James “Fuck the Jews” Baker.

129. 129 | April 17, 2012 9:30 pm

Via Jawa Report

Swedish Official Eats ‘N-Word Cake’

Ah, that viking blood. It’s okay, though, Liljeroth is a liberal. From FriaTider:

STOCKHOLM (FRIA TIDER).A macabre scene with racist undertones took place on Saturday when Swedish minister of culture Lena Adelsohn Liljeroth attended a tax funded party for the powerful Stockholm cultural elite. The self proclamed “anti-racist” Liljeroth, who is currently in the process of removing press subsidy for the only nationalist newspaper in Sweden, declared the party officially started by slicing a piece of a cake depicting a stereotypical African woman.

And the best part of all? The cake screams when it’s cut!:

130 | April 17, 2012 9:31 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

Posted that earlier. It’s disgusting on so many levels it almost deserves a prize.

131. 131 | April 17, 2012 9:31 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Allen West is no anti-Semite.

132. 132 | April 17, 2012 9:32 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

That’s just o dehumanizing. Those tolerant Europeans! Not!

133 | April 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Speranza wrote:

She was an expert about a nation that no longer existed (the U.S.S.R.)

She memorized a bunch of writings. What she didn’t develop is the ability to learn and assess quickly new events and real world systems

134 | April 17, 2012 9:33 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Sorry to be blunt, but that is the way it is.

That’s exactly how I feel about it. Obama and Holder have set race relations back 30 years. And that’s a shame for people like Herman Cain and Alan West who I’m sure are unbiased, intellectual conservatives. They are the losers in the current storm of race baiting and that loss is no doubt celebrated in the liberal ranks.

135. 135 | April 17, 2012 9:34 pm

huckfunn wrote:

and that loss is no doubt celebrated in the liberal ranks.

It was undoubtedly the entire point.

136. 136 | April 17, 2012 9:34 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

So wrong yet so good.

137 | April 17, 2012 9:34 pm

She was overrated.

She was a protege of James “Fuck the Jews” Baker.

A certain family in Texas loved her.

138. 138 | April 17, 2012 9:37 pm

@ huckfunn:

I’m going to disagree. Allen West is beloved by many Conservatives. People will support him regardless of race. Here in Florida, despite the Martin thing, I don’t see much racial hostility.

139 | April 17, 2012 9:37 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Sadly J.C. Watts and Colin Powell too. Colin Powell owed every thing to Reagan and both Bush’s but racial loyalty and peevishness over losing a foreign policy debate were more important. Allen West is what J.C. Watts should have been.

140 | April 17, 2012 9:38 pm

Allen West is no anti-Semite.

No, he’s not. He’s shown that in many ways. Condi Rice may not be an antisemite of the Farrakhan stripe, but she is a nicely constant, genteel antisemite who combines the anti-Jewish antipathy of a James Baker with the bedrock antisemitism of the Civil Rights Movement when it morphed/distorted itself into a “human rights” grabfest.

141. 141 | April 17, 2012 9:38 pm

@ Speranza:

Are you seeing racial tensions in NY? I hear about Obama setting race relations back and I don’t see it here in Miami.

142 | April 17, 2012 9:38 pm

@ huckfunn:

I love Allen West’s fearlessness, patriotism, loyalty and bluntness.

143 | April 17, 2012 9:38 pm

Not yet.

144. 144 | April 17, 2012 9:39 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

I have no use for Condi Rice. She’s a Muzzie lover.

145 | April 17, 2012 9:39 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Allen West is no anti-Semite.

He is philo Semitic.

146 | April 17, 2012 9:40 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    I have no use for Condi Rice. She’s a Muzzie lover.

A subscriber to her former boss’s “Religion of Peace” bullshit.

147 | April 17, 2012 9:41 pm

Speranza wrote:

I love Allen West’s fearlessness, patriotism, loyalty and bluntness.

We haven’t seen CAIR try him after his “NUTS!” caper :mrgreen:

148 | April 17, 2012 9:41 pm

James Baker is one of the most loathsome political hacks I have ever seen.

149 | April 17, 2012 9:41 pm

I would be proud to be able to vote for Allen West.

I would be proud to be able to vote against Condi Rice—except that I’d be appalled if I had the opportunity.

150 | April 17, 2012 9:42 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

We haven’t seen CAIR try him after his “NUTS!” cape

They know better then to start with him. He is no Mike Bloomberg.

151. 151 | April 17, 2012 9:42 pm

@ Speranza:

Powell is still supporting Obama.

152 | April 17, 2012 9:42 pm

Speranza wrote:

James Baker is one of the most loathsome political hacks I have ever seen.

“One of the most loathesome political hacks” is an awfully crowded field.

153. 153 | April 17, 2012 9:42 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

I think Axelrod wins that bone.

154 | April 17, 2012 9:43 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Some folks were talking about running her for POTUS and I thought “Why because she is a woman and black?”

155. 155 | April 17, 2012 9:43 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

What if Romney picks her?

Oh man, that would be a bad move!

156 | April 17, 2012 9:43 pm

Powell is still supporting Obama.

He should change the spelling of his first name to “Colon,” since he has proven himself such an asshole.

157 | April 17, 2012 9:43 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

“One of the most loathesome political hacks” is an awfully crowded field.

It is a title that he has well deserved. Even though I voted for Bush in 1992 I was not upset that he lost and James Baker and Brent Scowcroft were two of the reasons.

158 | April 17, 2012 9:45 pm

Speranza wrote:

Yes. Labia and melanin trump experience and talent. Look at Obama’s Supreme Court picks—racist, sexist and DA/DT to the core.

159 | April 17, 2012 9:45 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Actually his name is pronounced l “Collin” not “Colon”.

160. 160 | April 17, 2012 9:45 pm

@ Speranza:

The Pat Buchanan speech at the convention did damage that is still felt to this day.

161 | April 17, 2012 9:46 pm

What if Romney picks her?
    Oh man, that would be a bad move!

I would vote for Romney and pray for his continued good health.

162 | April 17, 2012 9:46 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Supporting Rice for those reasons actually is reverse racism.

163 | April 17, 2012 9:46 pm

Speranza wrote:

Actually his name is pronounced l “Collin” not “Colon”.

Not from where I stand.

164 | April 17, 2012 9:46 pm

@ huckfunn:

I’m not sure what part you disagree with. I’ve sent money to both Cain and West and I still believe in both of them. However I know of several people whom I have known as unbiased conservatives who are really having second thoughts about support for any black candidate.

165 | April 17, 2012 9:47 pm

@ Speranza:

Major damage and the jowly ass hole eventually left the GOP anyway, thankfully. Wise people urged that Buchanan not be given a speakers slot but Bush wanting to placate the yahoos insisted that he get one. Shmuck! Bush deserved to lose.

166 | April 17, 2012 9:48 pm

Speranza wrote:

Supporting Rice for those reasons actually is reverse racism.

There is no such thing as “reverse” racism. There is only racism.

The pretense that “reverse racism” exists is what has allowed the black communities in this country to remain swamps of race prejudice while the rest of the society has altered dramatically.

167. taxfreekiller
    167 | April 17, 2012 9:48 pm

On Facts:

Mike Huckabee supports David Dewhurst here in Texas for U.S. Senate.

Tax Free Killer and wife Ms Tax Free Killer support Ted Cruz for U.S. Senate in Texas.

Mike Huckabee says he cooked squirrels in his pop corn popper when he was in college.

Facts count up.

168 | April 17, 2012 9:49 pm

huckfunn wrote:

I’ve sent money to both Cain and West and I still believe in both of them.

Money sent to 9 9 9 was wasted. Sorry to say that. Money sent to West is a good investment in America.

169 | April 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Speranza wrote:

Supporting Rice for those reasons actually is reverse racism.

There is no such thing as “reverse” racism. There is only racism.

What Buzz said.

170 | April 17, 2012 9:50 pm

@ taxfreekiller:
    “David Dewhurst” -- are you making that name up?

171 | April 17, 2012 9:50 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

Same here. Go Ted!

172 | April 17, 2012 9:52 pm

@ huckfunn:

What Buzz said.

No. Reverse racist means that in attempting to do an anti-racist thing, you are actually acting racist.
    What Speranza said.

173 | April 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Speranza wrote:

Money sent to 9 9 9 was wasted.

I didn’t send money to 9-9-9 or a pizza mogul. I sent money against Romney. Wasted? Probably. I feel I sent it for the right reasons. Not the first time I lost money. Won’t be the last. Who did you send money to?

174. 174 | April 17, 2012 9:53 pm

@ huckfunn:

I haven’t seen that yet.

Hey, what time you want the Doolittle Raid thread? At 8:00 AM as its set?

175 | April 17, 2012 9:53 pm

@ huckfunn:
    What Speranza said.

No. You are chasing your tail and pissing on your boots. What Huck said.

176. taxfreekiller
    176 | April 17, 2012 9:53 pm

James Baker would take a retainer as defense council from Hammibel Lecther with Hammibel chewing on a ladies fingers in his mouth at the time.

177 | April 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Hey, what time you want the Doolittle Raid thread? At 8:00 AM as its set?

Sounds good.

178 | April 17, 2012 9:54 pm

huckfunn wrote:

None of them. My guy Rick Perry flamed out and I am not a fan of Father Santorum or Newton P. Gingrich. I did send Scott Brown $20 to help him beat that anarchist Elizabeth Warren (and keep the seat in GOP hands) in Massachusetts though.

179. taxfreekiller
    179 | April 17, 2012 9:55 pm

Ya, its just like spinhurtsya, you know like your silly ass name.@ Speranza:

180 | April 17, 2012 9:57 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

Ya, its just like spinhurtsya, you know like your silly ass name.@ Speranza:

Can you do a coherent post once in your life?

181 | April 17, 2012 9:58 pm

huckfunn wrote:

No. You are chasing your tail and pissing on your boots. What Huck said.

Now you are being insulting, condescending, and childish, goodbye. I do not want to interact with you any more.

182. taxfreekiller
    182 | April 17, 2012 9:58 pm

@ Speranza:
    You ever been in a fight to death in your long word, look down your nose at others life.??

183 | April 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Speranza wrote:

Now you are being insulting, condescending and childish, goodbye.

BWAHAHAHAHA. That’s a laugh coming from you. You are about the most judgmental, condescending, holier-than-thou person on this thread. Adios.

184 | April 17, 2012 10:01 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

@ Speranza:

Yes while a member of the Gambino Crime Family I killed three men and all of them deserved it. The cops never solved it either.

185 | April 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Fart

Poot

190 | April 17, 2012 10:04 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

I call bull shit.
    ass wipe@ Speranza:

You keep thinking that peyote smoker.

191. taxfreekiller
    191 | April 17, 2012 10:05 pm

low point, now go lower, its your play pen, your sand,

have at it.

192. taxfreekiller
    192 | April 17, 2012 10:07 pm

Should I ever take a toke of peyote near you, smoke might get in where your eyes use to be.

193 | April 17, 2012 10:10 pm

@ taxfreekiller:
    Fist bump….

194. 194 | April 17, 2012 10:10 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Everyone expected Obama to be liberal; had he been only liberal and not patently anti-American and even remotely competent, he wold have been the transformative figure many Americans had in mind when they elected him. Instead, he’s widened the racial faults that became exposed during the OJ trial. He’s been a transformative president in the way lung cancer is a transformative health condition.

When a black president is struggling in the general polls and enjoys a 90+% approval rating among blacks, there’s a serious problem -- among blacks. For far too long, being black has insulated people from all sorts of unacceptable and bizarre behaviors and it just has to stop. Obama isn’t growing unpopular because he’s black, he’s growing unpopular because he sucks at his job and the fact that his race should be a factor is testament to every ugly stereotype imaginable.

195 | April 17, 2012 10:17 pm

What Speranza said.

Au contraire.

When you say, “in attempting to do an anti-racist thing, you are actually acting racist” you are referring to, e.g., whites being racist towards whites in the service of putting the thumb on the scale in favor of blacks—as in college admissions.

That sort of social self-mutilation is indeed part of “reverse racism”—but only part. The other part is the Derrick Bell Critical Race Theory belief—to which the President, his Attorney General, and many other members of the Administration subscribe—that whites cannot not be racist, and that blacks can never be racist.

This false belief is grounded in Leftist notions of “who has the power,” not on how individuals respond to other individuals. And it is from this “power, power, who’s got the power?” garbage that the whole “reverse racism” nonsense really springs.

There is no such thing as “reverse racism”; you are either responding to people on the basis of race first and foremost, or you are not. I have admitted, upthread, that I view black politicians with threshold suspicion as antisemites. Is this a “racist” position? Yes—regrettably—because it is a race-based position, that is, sadly, born of experience. Is it an impenetrable position? Absolutely not; as I said above, I would be proud to be able to vote for Allen West for higher office.

196 | April 17, 2012 10:22 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Barack Obama was not and never has been “liberal.” He is a revanchist. He ran as a revanchist—for anyone with the eyes to see and the ears to hear—his appointments have been revanchist, and he has governed as a revanchist.

His entire candidacy and governance have been about the black folks revenging themselves on the white folks. He is the insurgent slave in the cane thicket wielding the machete—without the nerve to actually wield the machete himself.

He is a coward and a murderer by proxy.

197. 197 | April 17, 2012 10:23 pm

Ok guys, chill out we are adults here.

198. taxfreekiller
    198 | April 17, 2012 10:27 pm

Very likely he did some deep thinking on how Charles Manson did his murdering…@ buzzsawmonkey:

199 | April 17, 2012 10:28 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

He is a coward and a murderer by proxy.

Yessir. I’ve wanted to do a thread which re-examines the notion that “We Are a Nation of Racial Cowards” Holder and Obama are the cowards and bullies at the same time.

200 | April 17, 2012 10:29 pm

we are adults here.

Says who? :evil:

201. taxfreekiller
    201 | April 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Not all of us, some think they are teenage school teachers in training and allowed to scold any one of us at any time and we peons have to lap it up….@ Rodan:

202. taxfreekiller
    202 | April 17, 2012 10:32 pm

Just give a moment to think of what the peyote slam in fact is, and if you do not know that much about race baiting you have never walked in a native Americans shoes.

203 | April 17, 2012 10:33 pm

Speranza wrote:

He has the soft and flabby face of a well fed appeaser.

Isn’t he the son of the founder of The National Topsider, T. Coddington Van Voorhees VI?

204. 204 | April 17, 2012 10:35 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

He’s 3rd World Liberation.

205 | April 17, 2012 10:36 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

He’s 3rd World Liberation.

Mugabe Lite™

206. taxfreekiller
    206 | April 17, 2012 10:36 pm

The only good indian is a dead indian.

Well you know they can not hold the whiskey.

Just a freaked out apache gone nuts on peyote.

Very very nice uh?

Very mature I’m sure.

207. 207 | April 17, 2012 10:37 pm

@ MacDuff:

The funny part is that Obama is not Black. He is Mulatto! He is Black for political reasons but until his Chicago days, didn’t live the Black experience in America.

208. Brick
    208 | April 17, 2012 10:37 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    He’s 3rd World Liberation.

Revanchist, or 3rd world liberation -- both spell bad guy to me.

Evening, all.

209 | April 17, 2012 10:38 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Mugabe Lite™

A Romney voter is an Obama voter who’s been Mugabe’d by reality.

210. 210 | April 17, 2012 10:38 pm

@ taxfreekiller:

I was just trying to get everyone to calm down, that’s all.

211. 211 | April 17, 2012 10:39 pm

@ The Osprey:

Less killing!

212. 212 | April 17, 2012 10:39 pm

@ Brick:

Obama is scum.

213. 213 | April 17, 2012 10:41 pm

@ huckfunn:

Charles Johnson.

214 | April 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Obama is scum.

“Scum?” “Scum?” That’s “alternative energy source algae” to you, pal…

215. taxfreekiller
    215 | April 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Your post #197, why might I ask did you not ask some special person to tone down the race baiting comments?

Rather than “you guys”, seems single to me at that point.

216. 216 | April 17, 2012 10:41 pm

@ taxfreekiller:

If you felt insulted, you had aright to answer back. I was just trying to clam everyone down, that’s all.

217 | April 17, 2012 10:42 pm

‘Nite, folks.

218. Brick
    218 | April 17, 2012 10:42 pm

@ Brick:
    Obama is scum.

Now, now. Scum at least has a rightful place in an organic food chain.

219. Brick
    219 | April 17, 2012 10:42 pm

‘Nite, folks.

Sorry I just got here, Buzz -- looked like you were on quite a tear. :)

220. 220 | April 17, 2012 10:43 pm

@ taxfreekiller:

I didn’t know the peyote comment was racist until you broke down the history. I was just trying to clam things in general. You explained why you got mad and I see why now.

221. taxfreekiller
    221 | April 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Or do we have a two class posting thing just so I know my place.@ taxfreekiller:

222. Brick
    222 | April 17, 2012 10:45 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

Rather than “you guys”, seems single to me at that point.

I don’t think Rodan meant anything by it, really. Now Speranza on the other hand….

I keed.

Been awhile since I’ve seen you online, TFK…how’s life been treating you?

223. taxfreekiller
    223 | April 17, 2012 10:47 pm

Life gave me my final test, Obama.@ Brick:

224 | April 17, 2012 10:47 pm

@ The Osprey:

Less killing!

Slightly less currency devaluation!

225 | April 17, 2012 10:47 pm

@ taxfreekiller:

Speranza knew exactly where he was going with that jibe and I saw it right off.

226 | April 17, 2012 10:48 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

@ Speranza:

Take the gun, leave the cannoli.

227. 227 | April 17, 2012 10:48 pm

@ taxfreekiller:

No I was asking all to clam down. I didn’t know the peyote comments was racist until you told me. When I said you guys, I was talking in general for everyone to back off. I re-read it and see why you blew your gasket. I know now that the peyote reference is racist.

228. 228 | April 17, 2012 10:49 pm

@ huckfunn:

I didn’t know what the Peyote reference was about until TFK explained it.

229. 229 | April 17, 2012 10:50 pm

@ The Osprey:

Different asshole, same shit!

230. Brick
    230 | April 17, 2012 10:51 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

Life gave me my final test, Obama.@ Brick:

He’s testing many. I’m studying up for November. Without sounding dramatic -- November will be the crossroads for generations that follow.

231. taxfreekiller
    231 | April 17, 2012 10:57 pm

jump school

run run run , pt, pt, pt.

jump off the pt stand, jump off the pt stand,

climb the 75′ tower, slip line jumb, knees and feet together,,

climb the 250 tower, jump off with the piss ant chute,

get in the plane and get pushed out and hope you packed it correct..

Obama well he packed our chute and pushed U.S. out,

Now What?

232 | April 17, 2012 10:59 pm

@ huckfunn:

I didn’t know what the Peyote reference was about until TFK explained it.

We’re cool. I just had to flap some dust.

233. Lily
    233 | April 17, 2012 10:59 pm

@ Brick:

To say the very lest. Like Rodan said eariler today obama isn’t the run of the mill liberal democrat. He is something totally different he wants the destruction the United States and has said that. Didn’t he say that the world needs to be on a better playing field? That the United States doesn’t need to keep other countries down?
    He is destroying our country, our military, our economy, our standing in the world. He has been very successful at these things.

234. Brick
    234 | April 17, 2012 11:12 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

jump school
    run run run , pt, pt, pt.
    jump off the pt stand, jump off the pt stand,
    climb the 75′ tower, slip line jumb, knees and feet together,,
    climb the 250 tower, jump off with the piss ant chute,
    get in the plane and get pushed out and hope you packed it correct..
    Obama well he packed our chute and pushed U.S. out,
    Now What?

A Boy Scout, an old lady, and Obama are in an airplane that’s going down. The pilot says into the intercom -- “Good luck folks you’re on your own!” and then they hear him yelling, “Geronimo!” as he floats clear of the plane. (a little hat tip to TFK) :)

The three of them stare intently at each other as there are only 2 parachutes in the cabin. Obama quickly grabs one, puts it on and bails out. “So long, suckas!” he yells on the way down.

Now the old lady looks solemnly at the Boy Scout and says, “You take the last parachute young man. I’ve lived a long and happy life, and you have all of yours ahead of you.”

The Boy Scout replies, “Nonsense, ma’am.” and proceeded to strap the old woman into the parachute. “We’re both getting out of here alive.”

“What about you?” she asked with tears in her eyes.

“I’ve got the other parachute right here,” the Boy Scout said with a smile. “That jackass grabbed my backpack.”

235. Brick
    235 | April 17, 2012 11:15 pm

Lily wrote:

@ Brick:

I have to admit -- yes, he is doing all of these things and will continue to as long as he can. I can only counter with, the fabric of our republic is shockingly resilient and durable. Americans are what makes America great -- and will do so again in the not too distant future.