Caturday: The Young Lions

by 1389AD ( 115 Comments › )
Filed under Caturday, Open thread at April 21st, 2012 - 3:00 pm

Psalm 104 (KJV)

1 Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:
4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:
5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.
6 Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.
7 At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away.
8 They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them.
9 Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.
10 He sendeth the springs into the valleys, which run among the hills.
11 They give drink to every beast of the field: the wild asses quench their thirst.
12 By them shall the fowls of the heaven have their habitation, which sing among the branches.
13 He watereth the hills from his chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works.
14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man’s heart.
16 The trees of the LORD are full of sap; the cedars of Lebanon, which he hath planted;
17 Where the birds make their nests: as for the stork, the fir trees are her house.
18 The high hills are a refuge for the wild goats; and the rocks for the conies.
19 He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.
20 Thou makest darkness, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep forth.
21 The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their meat from God.
22 The sun ariseth, they gather themselves together, and lay them down in their dens.
23 Man goeth forth unto his work and to his labour until the evening.
24 O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.
25 So is this great and wide sea, wherein are things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts.
26 There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein.
27 These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give them their meat in due season.
28 That thou givest them they gather: thou openest thine hand, they are filled with good.
29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.
30 Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.
31 The glory of the LORD shall endure for ever: the LORD shall rejoice in his works.
32 He looketh on the earth, and it trembleth: he toucheth the hills, and they smoke.
33 I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
34 My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD.
35 Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD.

The Dallas Morning News: Three young lions debut at Fort Worth Zoo

[Direct link to video]

By ASHLEY STAINTON
Staff Writer
astainton@dallasnews.com

Published: 19 April 2012 02:27 PM

Tsavo remains king of the Fort Worth Zoo, but he’ll have a few young subjects from now on.

Three juvenile lions, one male and two females, made their public debut Wednesday after a long journey from a wildlife refuge in South Africa.

They join the zoo’s 17-year-old patriarch in its African Savannah exhibit.

“We are thrilled to have them here,” said Remekca Owens, the zoo’s public relations manager. “We have global wildlife partnerships from all around the world, and because of this we had the opportunity to bring them here.”

The lions, one male and two females, range in age from eight to 15 months and are unrelated. Owens said the trio will offer companionship for Tsavo.

They’ll also revitalize the exhibit – and remodel it in their own special way.

“We made sure to spruce it up a bit with minor aesthetic things,” Owens said, “but since they’re young and like to explore we didn’t do too much because they’ll just tear it up anyway.”

A zookeeper named the male lion Jabulani, meaning come bring happiness to everyone, and the females are Saba (the number seven), and Abagebe (the one long expected). “They’re very unique African names,” Owens said.

The zoo has successfully bred three African lions since 2004 but has no current plans to use these young lions for breeding.

Over the past two decades, the world’s lion population has shrunk nearly 30 percent, prompting the International Union for Conservation of Nature to label them a vulnerable species.

“From a conservation standpoint, anytime we bring in an animal that is of conservation concern, it’s a big deal,” Owens said.

Tags: , , ,

Comments

115 Responses to “Caturday: The Young Lions”

1. yenta-fada
    1 | April 21, 2012 3:42 pm

For the ‘preppers’ Cat evacuation readiness

2. 2 | April 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Basement Kitteh not amused. Wud like to know where is Fancee Feasts?

3. mfhorn
    3 | April 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Beautiful.

4. mfhorn
    4 | April 21, 2012 4:35 pm

@ yenta-fada:

One cat kit for each of our cats. Expensive. We need to make our own.

5. yenta-fada
    5 | April 21, 2012 4:40 pm

mfhorn wrote:

@ yenta-fada:
    One cat kit for each of our cats. Expensive. We need to make our own.

I don’t think that anyone with a family should think about being prepared in a place other than in your own home. I was just looking for something unusual. Unless, of course, you have the luxury and privilege of owning a second home.

6. Lily
    6 | April 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Gag….I would say we need to vote obama out to get rid of OWS they make such a mess and they are costing a fortune to clean up after and costing a fortune in police patrolling …

Van Jones: We Have To Reelect Obama To “Stop The Tea Party”…

7. Lily
    7 | April 21, 2012 4:43 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Oh dear. Didn’t need that when we had to leave when hurricane Rita hit. Just some sedatives and a carrier and my kitty did fine. ;)

8. yenta-fada
    9 | April 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Lily wrote:

@ yenta-fada:

You could use the same principle in getting me from point A to point B. lol

9. Lily
    10 | April 21, 2012 4:47 pm

1389 nice post.

10. Lily
    11 | April 21, 2012 4:48 pm

Yep same for me! :oops:

11. 12 | April 21, 2012 4:49 pm

12. Lily
    13 | April 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Always like Def Leppard….and since some cats bite…think maybe Leppards… ;)

13. yenta-fada
    14 | April 21, 2012 4:54 pm

@dorian
    @lily

Thanks for my ongoing musical education. :-)

14. 15 | April 21, 2012 4:59 pm

@dorian
    @lily
    Thanks for my ongoing musical education.

Hey.. Leppards are cats, so it’s cat related… :razz:

15. yenta-fada
    16 | April 21, 2012 4:59 pm

The Zionist gay cat

16. Lily
    17 | April 21, 2012 5:00 pm

LOL! Yep…and they are bad to the bone leppards that is!!

17. 18 | April 21, 2012 5:00 pm

18. yenta-fada
    19 | April 21, 2012 5:01 pm

doriangrey wrote:

@dorian
    @lily
    Thanks for my ongoing musical education.
    Hey.. Leppards are cats, so it’s cat related…

I caught that. My post wasn’t *gasp* snark.

19. Lily
    20 | April 21, 2012 5:02 pm

20. Lily
    21 | April 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Cats like sugar!

21. Lily
    22 | April 21, 2012 5:07 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Didn’t come off as snark at all! ;)

22. mawskrat
    23 | April 21, 2012 5:07 pm

cats belong in the barn..now Dogs
    belong next to your feet…..

jus sayin

23. Lily
    25 | April 21, 2012 5:12 pm

27 | April 21, 2012 5:18 pm

25. yenta-fada
    28 | April 21, 2012 5:19 pm

I love being ‘catty’ about Moochelle. Yes, it’s from the National Enquirer which has more integrity than the NYT.

26. yenta-fada
    29 | April 21, 2012 5:20 pm

@ Lily:

That’s the exact song I was searching for in my head.

30 | April 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Not a cat song, but Bonnie Raitt gives great slide. Check it out:

28. Lily
    31 | April 21, 2012 5:24 pm

29. mawskrat
    32 | April 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and the Cats
    Published March 1, 2008 Mercy to All Creation , Uncategorized19 Comments
    Tags: cat, cats, islam, Muezza, muslim, prophet muhammad

Prophet Mohammed advised the people to treat their cats (pets) as a member of their family, and by this he meant to take a good care of them. Not only by words, but also with his actions he was a very good role model. For example: “the stories of Muezza, the Prophet Muhammad’s favourite cat: The most famous story about Muezza recounts how the call to prayer was given, and as Prophet Mohammed went to put on one of his robes, he found his cat sleeping on one of the sleeves. Rather than disturbing the cat, he cut off the sleeve and let him sleep. When he returned, Muezza awoke and bowed down to Prophet Muhammad and in return he stroked him three times. It is also believed that when Prophet Muhammad gave sermons within his household he would often hold Muezza in his lap”.

HA Ha….jus sayin////

Rossini’s Duet for Two Cats

34. Lily
    37 | April 21, 2012 5:37 pm

35. yenta-fada
    38 | April 21, 2012 5:39 pm

@ mawskrat:

The most gullible and dangerous cult in the world.

36. Lily
    39 | April 21, 2012 5:41 pm

@ mawskrat:

The most gullible and dangerous cult in the world.

Hands down. Yet no one dares to say the truth how horrible that cult is. You know it isn’t pc. Good night in Georgia can you imagine WWII in todays pc culture. The germans were just mis-understood!

40 | April 21, 2012 5:42 pm

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Michelle was behind the
    attempted smear of Ann Romney.
    Bertha Butts Obama is a nsty piece of work & go figure,
    the Enquirer has some credibility.

38. mawskrat
    41 | April 21, 2012 5:46 pm

@ mawskrat:

The most gullible evil and dangerous deadly cult in the world.

mo betta//

39. Lily
    42 | April 21, 2012 5:47 pm

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Michelle was behind the
    attempted smear of Ann Romney.
    Bertha Butts Obama is a nsty piece of work & go figure,
    the Enquirer has some credibility.

I’d lay money down she WAS behind it.

40. yenta-fada
    43 | April 21, 2012 5:48 pm

We all have a dark side. I’m still looking for a light side to Moochelle and Zero. They are low.

44 | April 21, 2012 5:49 pm

White Sox picther Philip Humber has a perfect game
    against Seattle in the seventh innings.
    In the dug out he sits by himself & his teammates
    dont look at him or say a word.
    Baseball players are very supersticious.

42. yenta-fada
    45 | April 21, 2012 5:51 pm

@ Lily:

The National Enquirer was sued so many times that they were forced to be able to prove what they printed. My father-in-law used to read it because the stories were so funny, so my husband knows the history. The Enquirer does break a few stories, like John Edwards.

46 | April 21, 2012 5:53 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

I am not sure that those two have a sincere light side.
    BHO strikes me as a sociopath who mimes normal behavior.
    Michelle is just a mean, nasty individual.

44. yenta-fada
    47 | April 21, 2012 5:53 pm

lol. Bertha Butts. That’s creative. Ridicule the would be tyrants.

45. Lily
    48 | April 21, 2012 5:54 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Yep they break the stories the msm doesn’t want to touch because it doesn’t fit in with their propaganda. Sad state of affairs when the alien baby rag is sometimes more credible than msm news.

49 | April 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Sox picther now though seven & still perfect.
    Only three balls hit on the infield & no full
    counts!

47. yenta-fada
    50 | April 21, 2012 5:57 pm

yenta-fada wrote:
    I am not sure that those two have a sincere light side.
    BHO strikes me as a sociopath who mimes normal behavior.
    Michelle is just a mean, nasty individual.

I would not trust anyone who attended the Rev. Wright’s “Church”. It seems hated based. I could see someone attend out of curiousity, but
    staying there for 20 years and having him as a dominant life figure allows people to wallow in the tragedy of slavery and the lust for revenge.
    The NOI ties are batshi* crazy and rife with ignorance.

48. yenta-fada
    51 | April 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Sox picther now though seven & still perfect.
    Only three balls hit on the infield & no full
    counts!

Wow. Fun.

49. Lily
    52 | April 21, 2012 5:58 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

I am not sure that those two have a sincere light side.
    BHO strikes me as a sociopath who mimes normal behavior.
    Michelle is just a mean, nasty individual.

You also have to add Narcissistic personality disorder to thier psycopathy…

50. Lily
    54 | April 21, 2012 5:59 pm

yenta-fada wrote:
    I am not sure that those two have a sincere light side.
    BHO strikes me as a sociopath who mimes normal behavior.
    Michelle is just a mean, nasty individual.

The NOI ties are batshi* crazy and rife with ignorance.

Yet this *hatefilled* person who attended that church/which had nothing to with God, is now our president!!!

51. Lily
    55 | April 21, 2012 6:00 pm

@ huckfunn:

Dear me and where is obama and eric holder on this crime…
    *crickets*

56 | April 21, 2012 6:01 pm

lol. Bertha Butts. That’s creative. Ridicule the would be tyrants.</blockquote

There used to be a song “The Berta Butts Boogie”
    Every time that I see Michelle, the name pops
    into my mind.
    She should have been named Bertha Butts!

53. NoThreat2U
    57 | April 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Figure it out. I cant seem to do it right anymore :(

54. NoThreat2U
    58 | April 21, 2012 6:02 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    Yeah I just tried to post it but it didn’t work.

55. NoThreat2U
    59 | April 21, 2012 6:02 pm

56. Lily
    60 | April 21, 2012 6:03 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

{NT2U} what are you talking about??

57. Lily
    61 | April 21, 2012 6:03 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

See you can still do it right!!! ;)

62 | April 21, 2012 6:04 pm

@ Lily:

You also have to add Narcissistic personality disorder to thier psycopathy

Oh yeah, BHO is a narcisst in the extreme.

63 | April 21, 2012 6:07 pm

White Sox picther now perfect through eight innings.

60. NoThreat2U
    64 | April 21, 2012 6:08 pm

@ Lily:
    The last time I tried to post a video it didn’t work, even after I put the v in it. It did this time though. Oh well. lol

65 | April 21, 2012 6:10 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Hate Crime: Hoodlum Who Looks Just Like Obama’s Son (If He Had One) Beats the Hell Out of White Person Because He Was Upset by Trayvon Martin Case
    HT…WZ

Think maybe these punks were inspired by out racist
    president making inappropriate comments.

62. yenta-fada
    66 | April 21, 2012 6:10 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

@ Lily:

Look what the Caturday dragged in./ lol lol (no offense meant)

67 | April 21, 2012 6:12 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    I’m getting a little worried about our subject.
    I understand that BHO is eating chicken poodle soup,
    so it may not be long………………

68 | April 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Think maybe these punks were inspired by out racist
    president making inappropriate comments.

Not much doubt about it. Teamwork… Obama, Holder and Sharpton.

65. yenta-fada
    69 | April 21, 2012 6:15 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

Funny song!

66. NoThreat2U
    70 | April 21, 2012 6:16 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    No offense taken…its true. lol

Agreed. I saw a picture of “the subject” waiting to escort reporters to the veggie garden. Makes me nervous. Let me shave my legs and I will swing by and pick you up. We are at zero hour.

67. Lily
    71 | April 21, 2012 6:19 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

@ Lily:

You might of had a broken link. Just because it happened once doesn’t mean your ability to do it is broken! :)

72 | April 21, 2012 6:20 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Think maybe these punks were inspired by out racist
    president making inappropriate comments.
    Not much doubt about it

. Teamwork… Obama, Holder and Sharpton.

We are in some serious shit.
    Obama leaves very little doubt that he is a racist
    & Holder doesn’t even have any pretenses.

69. NoThreat2U
    73 | April 21, 2012 6:20 pm

LOL That is what I immediately thought of when Rix called her Bertha Butt. LMAO

70. 74 | April 21, 2012 6:21 pm

huckfunn wrote:

HT…WZ

Nothing to see here, move along, it was clearly a perfectly legal and moral beatdown…

75 | April 21, 2012 6:22 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

I will be ready. Hey let’s get some carryout for the drive,

72. Lily
    76 | April 21, 2012 6:22 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Think maybe these punks were inspired by out racist
    president making inappropriate comments.

Not much doubt about it. Teamwork… Obama, Holder and Sharpton.

Bingo! They started this and threw gas on this to gin it up.
    It is so apparent their agenda it is amazing that the media is going along with them. They want racial warfare.
    It is disgusting.

73. NoThreat2U
    77 | April 21, 2012 6:22 pm

@ Lily:
    I was under the impression we had a different way of doing it now. Someone told me to copy the embed code instead. Oh well….it’s working now :)

78 | April 21, 2012 6:23 pm

We are in some serious shit.
    Obama leaves very little doubt that he is a racist
    & Holder doesn’t even have any pretenses.

I still need to do that thread about “A Nation of Racial Cowards -- Revisted”. It’s on my list.

79 | April 21, 2012 6:23 pm

Sox picther one out away from a perfect game now.

76. NoThreat2U
    80 | April 21, 2012 6:23 pm

Chinese food perhaps??

81 | April 21, 2012 6:23 pm

Sox picther one out away from a perfect game now.

!!!!!!!

love it!

78. yenta-fada
    82 | April 21, 2012 6:26 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    I will be ready. Hey let’s get some carryout for the drive,

May I suggest Hunan Rice. :-)

79. NoThreat2U
    83 | April 21, 2012 6:28 pm

Racist Rice?

84 | April 21, 2012 6:29 pm

Perfect game!!!!!!!!!!!!
    White Sox pitcher, Philip Humber retired 27 in a row.
    The Seattle fans were on their feet pulling
    for him on the last batter.

81. yenta-fada
    85 | April 21, 2012 6:30 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

Racist Rice?

It’s what is on the menu these days./

86 | April 21, 2012 6:30 pm

humber just entered some very rarefied air with that performance.

83. 87 | April 21, 2012 6:33 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:
    Racist Rice?
    It’s what is on the menu these days./

I thought dog was what was on the menu these days, at least at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave… :twisted:

84. yenta-fada
    88 | April 21, 2012 6:33 pm

Congrats!

85. NoThreat2U
    89 | April 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Not if we have anything to say about it.

86. yenta-fada
    90 | April 21, 2012 6:36 pm

doriangrey wrote:

NoThreat2U wrote:
    Racist Rice?
    It’s what is on the menu these days./

It took a while, but I’m about burned out on dog jokes. I’m ready for Zero’s next gaffe now that the precedent has been established.

91 | April 21, 2012 6:41 pm

humber just entered some very rarefied air with that performance.

Yes he did. It is only the 21st perfect game in
    baseball history.
    The White Sox have 3 of them.

92 | April 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Congrats!

Thank you.

93 | April 21, 2012 6:44 pm

May I suggest Hunan Rice

And a sixpack!

94 | April 21, 2012 6:44 pm

humber just entered some very rarefied air with that performance.

Yes he did. It is only the 21st perfect game in
    baseball history.
    The White Sox have 3 of them.

were they all at comiskey field?

95 | April 21, 2012 6:47 pm

@ huckfunn:

I still need to do that thread about “A Nation of Racial Cowards – Revisted”. It’s on my list.

That will be a really interesting thread.
    Could that cretin Holder be any more insulting?

96 | April 21, 2012 6:49 pm

were they all at comiskey field?

I will have to consult our President.
    He is the foremost White Sox historian
    & soon he will be able to name a player
    either current or past. Soon

93. 97 | April 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Could that cretin Holder be any more insulting?

Why ask a question like that when you know damned well Erick Holder is going to be even more insulting as Obama’s chances of being reelected become increasingly obviously worse and worse?

94. Lily
    98 | April 21, 2012 6:51 pm

doriangrey wrote:

NoThreat2U wrote:
    Racist Rice?
    It’s what is on the menu these days./

He is like the weather. All you will have to wait is about 24 hours.

95. mawskrat
    99 | April 21, 2012 6:55 pm

another fav for my night

krank it

96. 100 | April 21, 2012 6:57 pm

Lily wrote:

He is like the weather. All you will have to wait is about 24 hours.

ROTFLMAO… Oh nooooooooo, this one isn’t going away any time soon. Remember what the reaction to Micheal Vick’s dog fighting scandal was? Vick was only fighting and sometimes killing the dogs, Obama actually admitted to eating one. Americans truly and genuinely love their dogs, this particular blunder on Obama’s part is going to hand around his neck for a long time to come.

97. Lily
    101 | April 21, 2012 6:58 pm

@ Lily:

Well he does look out the window a lot..

Obama’s Favorite Pose: Staring Out The Window In Deep Thought…

102 | April 21, 2012 7:01 pm

Odd fact. Seven ex Mets have pitched perfect games.
    Yet no active Mets pitche has ever thrown one.

103 | April 21, 2012 7:02 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Could that cretin Holder be any more insulting?

Umm, I just felt the urge?

104 | April 21, 2012 7:14 pm

Odd fact. Seven ex Mets have pitched perfect games.
    Yet no active Mets pitche has ever thrown one.

ahhhh, the minutia of baseball!

105 | April 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Odd fact. Seven ex Mets have pitched perfect games.
    Yet no active Mets pitche has ever thrown one.
    ahhhh, the minutia of baseball!

Isn’t that the truth? It’s either Fox Sports,or
    maybe EPN on line has a slide show of all 21 pitchers.

106 | April 21, 2012 7:19 pm

That’s ESPN. later Taters.

107 | April 21, 2012 7:19 pm

here is more minutia:

the pirates losing streak will be 20 years old this year!

104. Lily
    108 | April 21, 2012 7:24 pm

@ Lily:

Apparently I still have problems with links.

105. Lily
    110 | April 21, 2012 7:29 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Lily wrote:

He is like the weather. All you will have to wait is about 24 hours.

Yep..dog lovers don’t forget that kind of thing. But then again the leftist’s say he was a child and didn’t know what he was doing.
    For some reason they always have an excuse for his behavior. Always.

106. 111 | April 21, 2012 8:02 pm

Lily wrote:

doriangrey wrote:

Lily wrote:
    He is like the weather. All you will have to wait is about 24 hours.

For some reason they always have an excuse for his behavior. Always.

He wasn’t a child when he wrote it, and that’s whats important.

107. Alberta Oil Peon
    112 | April 21, 2012 8:05 pm

@ mawskrat:
    Possibly the only redeeming feature of mo-ham-head’s personality; that he liked cats.

I gotta tell you, though, if my cat is sleeping on my clothing, he gets turfed off.

108. 113 | April 21, 2012 8:22 pm

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

Hmmm, but what does that say about cat’s… nothing good I assure you.

109. 114 | April 21, 2012 11:58 pm

mfhorn wrote:
    @ yenta-fada:
    One cat kit for each of our cats. Expensive. We need to make our own.

We live in a motorhome. We keep it fueled up and in as good a state of repair as we can manage.

110. 115 | April 22, 2012 12:00 am

doriangrey wrote:

Lily wrote:
    doriangrey wrote:
    Lily wrote:
    He is like the weather. All you will have to wait is about 24 hours.
    For some reason they always have an excuse for his behavior. Always.

He wasn’t a child when he wrote it, and that’s whats important.

Dogs, and cats, are domesticated as pets. That means they are bred and raised to trust humans as family members.

Making a meal of them is truly perverse in my opinion.