Coming Clean on Romney

by coldwarrior ( 23 Comments › )
Filed under Business, Economy, Elections 2012, Energy, Inflation, Misery Index, Mitt Romney, Politics, Regulation, Republican Party, taxation, The Political Right, Transportation, unemployment, Unions at April 21st, 2012 - 12:03 pm

I will be the first to admit that some of us have been rather hard on Mitt. So let me be the first to admit that I will gladly vote for him on Tuesday in the PA primary. Yes, Gingrich is on the ticket, so is Santorum. No, I won’t bother with a protest vote either. This will be a willing vote FOR Romney.

Something interesting happened over the past two weeks. Romney and his people actually went after Obama on several occasions. This makes me very very happy. We were all dreading a McCain redux, weren’t we? Romney even called out the MSM! My fear of a roll over and die race was alleviated. I must say, I am impressed with the tenacity and spirit of Romney and his people thus far.

Without the killer instinct the next and the main reason for voting for Mitt is moot.  “It’s the economy, stupid” – James Carville 1992. Its the economy. Economics are the top issues will all voters in every poll. It isn’t contraceptives or school prayer or evolution. It’s the Economy! The economy includes unemployment, high cost of energy, over regulation, anything that prevents Americans from realizing their dreams. There are no other issues as prevalent and on the minds of the voters anywhere.

Mitt, as much as I dislike some of his early tactics at Bane, is the ‘turn-around’ artist. He made a lot of money for his investors. But more than that, effective CEO’s are ego driven. They have to be, the risk reward of running companies requires it. Mitt has this ego, and as a self proclaimed ‘turn-around’ artist what is the biggest turn-around opportunity ever?  The US economy right now. We can use a guy who knows how to pear down waste and maximize efficiencies. If he can turn this ship around, he gets the kudos, he gets the ego fix, Mitt is remembered later as the guy who saved America….IF he can pull it off. The economy belongs to the President.

For example, I can’t wait to see what he does with the GSA, that place is crying out for a rectal exam and subsequent decimation for wastefulness and abuse.

In short, as much as it surprises me to say, I will gladly vote FOR Mitt on Tuesday and will happily watch him defeat Obama in November.

Comments

23 Responses to “Coming Clean on Romney”

1 | April 21, 2012 12:21 pm

with tht, I am off to the CC…

caturday is up at 1700

2. AZfederalist
    2 | April 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Job #1 is getting the marxist and his minions inhabiting the White House flushed out this November. period dot

Job #2 is dragging Romney and his running mate across the finish line

Job #3, which will become Job #1 after #1 and #2 are completed will be a relentless push to keep Romney to the right; that is not his natural position and his history demonstrates that. It will take relentless Tea Party and conservative pressure to keep from getting a Harriet Meyers SCOTUS appointment, a new prescription-drug like entitlement program, and a host of other RINO-like actions.

Yes, it is the economy and there is no way that the current inhabitant of the White House is either fit nor suited for the job.

To paraphrase a very smart SECDEF: You don’t always go to the general election with the candidate you want, you go with the candidate you’ve got.

3. 3 | April 21, 2012 1:00 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

Funny, I used that exact same expression a couple of days ago when cw and I were discussing him writing this post… :twisted:

4. 4 | April 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Well, I was wondering if I would ever hear of Bain Capital again. IIRC, that alone garaunteed Mitt’s loss of PA.

5. 5 | April 21, 2012 1:30 pm

@ AZfederalist:

I miss Rummy…. 8)

6. 6 | April 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Macker wrote:

@ AZfederalist:
    I miss Rummy….

ROTFLMAO… hell, at this point I’m starting to miss Jimmy Carter… and I hate Jimmy Carter… :shock:

7. Guggi
    7 | April 21, 2012 1:33 pm

Obama Sees Steep Dropoff in Cash From Major Donors

The traditional big sources of campaign funds are not delivering for President Obama’s campaign as they did four years ago, leaving the president to rely much more on grass-roots support.

8. 8 | April 21, 2012 1:43 pm

@ Guggi:

The grass-roots of the Democrat Party doesn’t have money to donate. They aren’t going to be cutting him big checks out of their welfare checks…

9 | April 21, 2012 1:50 pm

I am really impressed at how smart the Romney people are
    & their rapid responses.
    They don’t fear the fabulousness of Obama and everal times
    in the last couple of months they have turned things back
    on BHO & exposed him as a fool.
    Contrast this with the McCain Campaign that seemed in awe
    of the overrated mediocrity.

10. 10 | April 21, 2012 2:04 pm

A good reason not to do business with Bank of America. Seems they don’t want business from people who own guns. I’m happy to oblige.

11. brookly red
    11 | April 21, 2012 2:14 pm

Well this isn’t about Romney, but it is about ” Business, Economy, Elections 2012,” so I am not feeling so bad about going off topic…

Grrrrr!

12. 12 | April 21, 2012 2:36 pm

Grrrrr!

Now would be a good time to nuke Tehran.

13. brookly red
    13 | April 21, 2012 2:58 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Grrrrr!

Now would be a good time to nuke Tehran.

kinda harsh, no?

14. 14 | April 21, 2012 3:16 pm

Guggi wrote:

Obama Sees Steep Dropoff in Cash From Major Donors

I don’t know that this will matter. I heard they already turned off all credit card checks to ensure you actually live in the USA and to limit contributions to the legal maximum. Get ready for voter fraud and donor fraud that will make ’08 look like a joke. Maybe he’ll get his billion $s from “Palestine”.

15. 15 | April 21, 2012 3:19 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    Grrrrr!
    Now would be a good time to nuke Tehran.

kinda harsh, no?

No, it’s how you kill cancer. My mom is undergoing radiation therapy 5 days a week right now for Breast Cancer, it is the best way to cure that disease. :twisted:

16. brookly red
    16 | April 21, 2012 3:23 pm

doriangrey wrote:

doriangrey wrote:
    Grrrrr!
    Now would be a good time to nuke Tehran.

kinda harsh, no?

sorry to hear that, best wishes to your Mom.

17. 17 | April 21, 2012 3:30 pm

brookly red wrote:

sorry to hear that, best wishes to your Mom.

Actually she is doing GREAT… Even her doctors are amazed at how well she is doing. Zero complications and she is 76 years old. They expected her to end up with one breast with a serious “sun” tan… nope… They expected her to become fatigued as a consequence of the radiation therapy… Nope… If anything she is getting feistier and more active.

18. brookly red
    18 | April 21, 2012 3:39 pm

doriangrey wrote:

brookly red wrote:

sorry to hear that, best wishes to your Mom.

that treatment is a bit rough on red blood cells, red meat, dark beer , dark green veggies (like spinach) help… maybe it’s time to take mom to a steak house.

19. 19 | April 21, 2012 3:46 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    Grrrrr!
    Now would be a good time to nuke Tehran.

kinda harsh, no?

Nope, they need to put enough in there to make it a glass parking lot!

20. 20 | April 21, 2012 3:59 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    brookly red wrote:
    sorry to hear that, best wishes to your Mom.

Like I said, it aint fazing her in the slightest. :mrgreen:

21. Lily
    21 | April 21, 2012 4:33 pm

That is really great to hear about your mother dorian. So glad she is getting better!! :)

22. 22 | April 21, 2012 4:43 pm

23 | April 21, 2012 4:48 pm

Mike C. wrote:

yep, i will freely admit when i am wrong ’cause i make mistakes all the time. i have made some whoppers too…HUGE mistakes!
    tell me mike, doesn’t it get frustrating being right all the time? i know it would drive me nuts to be omniscient and have to deal with morons 24/7.

seriously though, obama is up by 6 in PA acc’d to RCP (march data so YMMV) and its april, long time to go. the affluent suburbs will probably decide this race in PA. i like romney’s chances as long as he focuses on the economy. the bain ads that the white house are going to run may cripple him here though, the counter will be a bad economy and a shift to the right that the voters have taken in the past 4 years.

gonna be a long hot and interesting summer for sure.