I’d Climb Down a Rope for a Camel OOT

by coldwarrior ( 61 Comments › )
Filed under Crime, Humor, OOT, Open thread at April 26th, 2012 - 11:00 pm

Watch the video…we have a genius at work here.

AMBRIDGE — Police officers studied a surveillance video as though it were excerpted from a Clooney/Pitt heist film, although this script lacked the tactical insights and technological tools of Oceans 11, 12 and 13.

The opening scene featured shredded pieces of the ceiling fluttering curiously to the floor of a small market, darkened and unoccupied, on Duss Avenue in Ambridge. A moment later, a knotted nylon rope was lowered from ceiling to floor.

Dramatically, black-soled boots and then legs appeared clinging to the highest portion of the rope. They descended methodically until the film’s leading man, wearing a white T-shirt over his face, touched down on the floor.

“That’s the guy from upstairs,” two officers and store owner El Joufri Mohone shouted together, according to the Ambridge police report.

Nicholas Shane Pellon, 25, of 555 Duss Ave., Apartment 2, is facing burglary and related charges for the cigarette heist at 8:45 p.m. Monday at Moh’s Market, also located at 555 Duss Ave., according to the report written by Patrolman Michael McQuaide.

Pellon took cigarettes valued at $150 and caused $2,500 damage to the building, according to police.

Four other people — three waiting in a get-away vehicle and one in possession of power tools — were mentioned in the police report but have not been charged.

The apartment above Moh’s Market is vacant, and the door had been forced open, according to the report. Police found a drill bit, an empty package of reciprocating saw blades and the nylon rope scattered around a square hole carved in the apartment floor.

The surveillance video has some comedic moments. According to the police report, after handing a white trash bag full of cigarettes through the hole, Pellon moved to the front door. He snapped the handle off the door and was unable to open it. He went to the rear of the store and broke a window, but could not escape.

The police report said Pellon was “obviously very frantically trying to get out of the building because he knocks over a Western Union display.”

The car with three people waiting outside left before police arrived.

Jimmy Mann, acting police chief, said Pellon managed to get out through a basement door, but he returned to the scene a short time later, where police who had viewed the video were waiting.

Wearing the boots featured in the video, Pellon was apprehended, according to the report. He remained in the Beaver County Jail Tuesday after being unable to post a $20,000 bond.

Comments

61 Responses to “I’d Climb Down a Rope for a Camel OOT”

1. Brick
    1 | April 26, 2012 11:02 pm

Funny, he doesn’t look like a grease-man.

2 | April 26, 2012 11:13 pm

If you’ve ever gotten Chesterfields in your C-rats, you could be an old fart.

3. Mars
    3 | April 26, 2012 11:15 pm

This is going to get worse and worse as tobacco taxes continue to skyrocket. I find it amusing that the group that says it’s wrong to legislate morality hits people with what amounts as sin taxes for things they don’t like.

4. Lily
    4 | April 27, 2012 12:02 am

@ Mars:

Excatly! We are humans we have bad habits. I get sick of this people who are their high-horse telling me what to eat, what to drink (I like Dr. Peppers) clean up your own damn life and stay out of mine.
    If I’m not breaking the law….go own your way.

5. Lily
    5 | April 27, 2012 12:05 am

@ Lily:

My parents are the worse. The actually yell and scream and batter you into living the life they do. They act like they are so much better than you too. I find it so hypocritical in so many ways.

6 | April 27, 2012 12:10 am

G’nite to all.

7. NoThreat2U
    7 | April 27, 2012 12:11 am

Just popping in to let yinz know, in case you already haven’t heard, Dolphin’s missing friend has been heard from. According to the facebook page set up for him he is safe and sound.

8. Lily
    8 | April 27, 2012 12:11 am

@ huckfunn:

Nite huck!

9. Lily
    9 | April 27, 2012 12:13 am

@ NoThreat2U:

Hey {nt2u} yeah she posted eariler … sounds like he has some splaining to do with the wife. Glad he is okay.

10. Lily
    10 | April 27, 2012 12:14 am

Nite for me too. Nite all! :)

11. rain of lead
    11 | April 27, 2012 12:14 am

@ Lily:

hey lily
    there is a good song about what you posted

12. Lily
    12 | April 27, 2012 12:18 am

@ rain of lead:

I’m still here. That is perfect song for me. I swear my daddy still thinks I’m 12. I’m 52!

13. rain of lead
    13 | April 27, 2012 12:21 am

yeah
    it’s a dad thing
    I’m 46 and mine still treats me like i’m 14

14. rain of lead
    14 | April 27, 2012 12:22 am

later peeps

15. Calo
    15 | April 27, 2012 12:26 am

@ NoThreat2U:
    I saw that on the news tonight.

16. Lily
    16 | April 27, 2012 12:27 am

@ rain of lead:

Gets annoying. Me and my dad have never seen eye to eye on a lot of things. He is very leftist liberal. I don’t even talk politics with him anymore and he doesn’t DARE bring the topic up around me. It doesn’t end well. When I was 14 he told me the USSR was better than the United States. I actually said to him even then do you know what you are talking about?? You might want to go move there first before you actually can have an opinion on that. Not sure if I got punished for that..pretty sure I did. Normally though with my daddy all I had to do is say ‘I’m sorry’ to get out of punishment. But in my house he doesn’t dare talk that nonsense to me. I don’t want to argue..he likes to yell and shout and argue. I don’t.

17. Calo
    17 | April 27, 2012 12:29 am

Lily wrote:

@ Lily:

I’ve met your mom. :lol:

Still trying to reconcile her post retirement lifestyle with the person I met.

18. Lily
    18 | April 27, 2012 12:30 am

Calo wrote:

@ NoThreat2U:
    I saw that on the news tonight.

Glad it ended with him safe. Normally after 48 hours it doesn’t bode well. But then again with adults sometimes they just leave. Say nothing take nothing. Tired of their life or have another life going on that the wife doesn’t know about. It happens.

19. Lily
    19 | April 27, 2012 12:32 am

@ Calo:

Now my mom is okay. But if she is around my dad she can get rather looney tunes with him. If you would have met my dad you would have liked him. He looks just like Clint Eastwood believe it or not. But he can be a tyrant at times.

20. Mars
    20 | April 27, 2012 12:33 am

I wish my dad were still around to make my life miserable. Lost him March 23rd. Worst part is, that he had been in the best health he had been in for a long time. He had just got done telling me the day before that he felt like he could go another 20 years. Came home after lunch to grab some Tums and bam, coronary arrest.

21. Calo
    21 | April 27, 2012 12:34 am

@ Lily:
    No, sorry. Huck looks like Clint Eastwood sometimes -- just look at his avatar.

22. Lily
    22 | April 27, 2012 12:35 am

@ Calo:

And good night in Georgia I can’t even understand that. Although the grandkids thought it was rather funny, yet annoyed too because no one wanted to go visit with them there! Good heavens!

23. NoThreat2U
    23 | April 27, 2012 12:36 am

@ Lily:
    I am so glad I told her to never give up hope. Until you know something, one way or another, there is ALWAYS hope.

24. Lily
    24 | April 27, 2012 12:36 am

@ Calo:

I know everytime I see that avatar I think of my dad, every single time.

25. Lily
    25 | April 27, 2012 12:37 am

@ NoThreat2U:

You were so right!!!

26. Calo
    26 | April 27, 2012 12:37 am

@ Lily:
    I’m not retelling that story here -- you do it.

LMAO

27. Calo
    27 | April 27, 2012 12:39 am

@ NoThreat2U:
    And NT2U, I am so glad to see you here tonight.

All is as well on your end of the world?

28. Lily
    28 | April 27, 2012 12:39 am

@ Mars:

Oh I love my dad…but sometimes he is something else. ;)
    /sorry for your loss.

29. Lily
    29 | April 27, 2012 12:40 am

@ Calo:

Ahhhhhhh no. Unless someone really wants to know. :lol:

30. Mars
    30 | April 27, 2012 12:42 am

Thanks for that Lily. Well I’ve got to get some sleep. I’ve had the worst pain in my knee the last couple days and it’s wearing me out horribly. Got a bad feeling it’s arthritis. Just one more gift from the military, lol.

31. Lily
    31 | April 27, 2012 12:44 am

@ Mars:

Nite {mars} hope your knee gets better!

32. NoThreat2U
    32 | April 27, 2012 12:45 am

@ Lily:
    I am so happy he is safe.

@ Calo:
    Hi Calo…things are about as well as they can be at this point. Just taking it day by day. Waiting for late May to get here so my sister can come back up from TN.

33. Mars
    33 | April 27, 2012 12:46 am

On my way out. Looks like The Won is about to start taking some more hits. Hope this one has some traction and isn’t just hot air.

34. Calo
    34 | April 27, 2012 12:46 am

@ Mars:
    Night Mars.

Ibuprofen/Advil is your best friend for pain if it doesn’t interfere with any other meds you take.

35. Lily
    35 | April 27, 2012 12:48 am

@ Mars:

He does misuse Air Force One.

36. AZfederalist
    36 | April 27, 2012 12:50 am

Dumb criminal tricks. Those are the ones that the police can catch — the stupid, slow ones.

37. Calo
    37 | April 27, 2012 12:50 am

@ NoThreat2U:
    You know you are in my daily prayers and thoughts.

Tell me how your daughter is doing? OK?

38. NoThreat2U
    38 | April 27, 2012 12:55 am

@ Calo:
    THoughts and prayers are always appreciated. I have to have blood work done next week and see the doc on the 15th of May. Keeping my fingers crossed for some good news. Shannon is doing pretty good actually. It is much better for her to live here at home with me.

39. 39 | April 27, 2012 12:55 am

Calo wrote:

@ Mars:
    Night Mars.

Nobody like pain, not even me, and I’ve lived with it as a constant companion every single day of my life.

40. Lily
    40 | April 27, 2012 12:55 am

Okay nite for real this time. Nite {Calo},{nt2u} and anyone else.
    Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow… {nt2u} keeping you in my prayers also!

41. Calo
    41 | April 27, 2012 12:57 am

Don’t you live with your mom?

42. Calo
    42 | April 27, 2012 1:02 am

@ NoThreat2U:
    So, the residual problems from her car accident are resolved?

I hope so. She’s so young and a devoted daughter from what I saw on FB.

I go next week for another heart echo -- hope my heart’s electricity and function/output is still a wreck and I can resolve this crap soon.

So, let’s trod along together for one doc appointment after another in search of the carrot that keeps us going girl!

43. 43 | April 27, 2012 1:04 am

Calo wrote:

Don’t you live with your mom?

:razz: yes, but she’s not what I am talking about, she is a real sweetheart. No, I was born with clubbed feet, good old fashioned birth defect. Spent the first five years of my life wearing corrective braces, then broke my right foot and destroyed all the doctors fine work and spent another two years have my right leg fixed again.

My right foot is one full shoe size smaller than my left foot and my right leg is about an inch shorter than my left. Plus my right ankle only has about 30 percent of the movement of my left ankle. Consequently I have back problems, and always have had back problems.

44. NoThreat2U
    44 | April 27, 2012 1:11 am

@ Lily:
    Good nite Lily, and thank you :)

@ Calo:
    I have to get her to her lawyer’s office. They want pictures of the scarring to her face. I just dont seem to function well enough to go anywhere these days.

I am signing off too. I am very tired. Calo, I will talk to you tomorrow evening :)

45. Calo
    45 | April 27, 2012 1:12 am

So, you secretly favor your left foot?

Damn, you ARE a Southern Cal washed up pony tailed ex musician.

46. Calo
    46 | April 27, 2012 1:14 am

@ NoThreat2U:
    Sleep well NT2U.

I do miss you.

47. 47 | April 27, 2012 1:16 am

Calo wrote:

So, you secretly favor your left foot?
    Damn, you ARE a Southern Cal washed up pony tailed ex musician.

Well, as the old saying goes… I yam what I yam… :razz:

48. Calo
    48 | April 27, 2012 1:23 am

Night Dorian.

I still can’t find you in a police line up though.

I ride the short bus daily.

49. 49 | April 27, 2012 1:28 am

Calo wrote:

Night Dorian.

I still can’t find you in a police line up though.

Well, that’s probably because I have never been in a police line-up… :razz:

50. 50 | April 27, 2012 1:36 am

@ Calo:

OK, so she’s cute, but that was just plain weird… :shock:

51. 51 | April 27, 2012 1:37 am

And it’s pouring again here in sunny southern California… :sad: And with that weather update… I’m out for the night…

52. AZfederalist
    52 | April 27, 2012 1:44 am

doriangrey wrote:

but that was just plain weird…

Umm, yeah. Something about her screams, “high maintenance!”

53. 53 | April 27, 2012 5:47 am

More bad news for Obama:

Today, just one in three has a favorable view of the federal government — the lowest level in 15 years, according to a Pew survey. The majority of Americans remain satisfied with their local and state governments — 61 percent and 52 percent, respectively — but only 33 percent feel likewise about the federal government.

In 2002, nearly double that figure, 64 percent viewed the federal government favorably, and Americans held their local and state governments in similar esteem, at 67 percent and 62 percent, respectively.

There’s the expected partisan gap: A majority of Democrats, 51 percent, view the Obama-led government favorably, compared with 27 percent of independents and 20 percent of Republicans. During the Bush presidency, a majority of Republicans viewed the federal government favorably, while support for it faded among Democrats.

It is that unfavorability among independants that should worry Obama. That is almost as bad as it is among Republicans. That is an ill omen for the One. Good news for us, though. I hope it continues or gets worse. Romney is not who I would have chosen as our standard bearer, but now that he is I wish him all the best. Including a solid Tea Party House and Senate. He might prefer an Establishment House and Senate, but as I am having to make do with him, he can make do with a conservative House and Senate.

54. mawskrat
    54 | April 27, 2012 7:48 am

Good Mornin All….make it a great day
    it’s really not that hard to do!

55. 55 | April 27, 2012 7:58 am

@ mawskrat:

It’s Friday! That makes it a good day. Great is hard to come by in the Obama Economy. Maybe by this time next year…

56. mawskrat
    56 | April 27, 2012 8:11 am

well the first wookie is doing fine

Michelle Obama’s $500,000 shopping trip: Huge taxpayer bill for First Lady’s Spanish beach getaway revealed

The First Lady’s whirlwind tour of Spain in 2010 better have been a once in a lifetime trip, because her getaway cost taxpayers nearly half a million dollars.

The highly controversial and lavish trip drew ire at the time, but the White House assured the public that the Obamas picked up the tab on their own.
    But new information from Judicial Watch, a public interest group that investigates government corruption, detailed the extensive security costs to the United States Air Force and Secret Service

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135914/Michelle-Obamas-Spanish-vacation-cost-taxpayers-500-000.html#ixzz1tF4O0aq5

57. 57 | April 27, 2012 8:19 am

@ mawskrat:

Yeah, but did the Secret Service pick up the tab for their own hookers, or did they have a per diem for that? I do think Michelle Antionette would be livid about the SS drinking and whoring while they are supposed to be protecting her, but nonetheless, one wonders what their recreation budget was. And what it was spent on…

58 | April 27, 2012 8:32 am

Some idiot in Congress was blaming the hooker scandal on the fact that there are so few female Secret Service agents.

I’m not sure what his point was, unless it was that they wouldn’t be off chasing whores if there were some hot women on their own team to sleep with.

//Pretty sure that wasn’t it…

59. 59 | April 27, 2012 8:39 am

Yeah, I saw that. Idiot. I do think Instapundit is on to something when he says that if they can’t stop the President’s bodyguards from drinking and whoring hen on duty, how can you trust the Federal Government to do anything right?

60 | April 27, 2012 8:47 am

The libs who keep dismissing the GSA’s Vegas party as no big deal miss the point, too.

They’re not some random agency. GSA is the department that’s in charge of how the federal government spends its money, basically. They manage the buildings, buy the supplies, and decide how much people can spend on travel and stuff.

If the can’t be trusted to spend their own budget wisely, how are they going to monitor the rest of the government?

61. NoThreat2U