First time visitor? Learn more.

OBAMACARE INCLUDES $127 BRIBE TO VOTERS

by Kafir ( 124 Comments › )
Filed under Barack Obama, Elections 2012, Politics at April 27th, 2012 - 5:00 pm

Blogmocracy in Action!
Guest post by: Mars!



OBAMACARE INCLUDES $127 BRIBE TO VOTERS

A little known provision in Obamacare is ready to hit this year with $1.3 Billion in Health Care Rebates being given out to qualifying people. This is another shameless bribe by the Democrat party to win voters, much the same as the one time $250 tax rebates given out a couple years ago. This absurdly transparent attempt to sway an election serves a two-fold purpose for The Won. It helps convince the weak-minded middle to vote for him and keep the gravy train rolling, and it allows him to tout the “savings” his health care plan has already given the people.

From CNN Money:

Your insurance company may owe you $127
By Jessica Dickler @CNNMoney April 26, 2012: 11:31 AM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) — Thanks to a provision in the health care reform law, millions of consumers will be receiving rebates from their insurers this summer.

By Aug. 1, insurers that failed to meet one of the early guidelines of the Affordable Care Act are going to issue rebates averaging $127 to certain policyholders, according to estimates from the Kaiser Family Foundation.

Last year, the Affordable Care Act started requiring health insurers to spend a certain percentage of the premium payments they receive toward patient care, such as doctor’s visits and hospital stays, and quality improvement activities, including discounted gym memberships or wellness brochures, instead of things like administrative and marketing costs.

Under the law, large employer-sponsored plans must spend 85% of a policyholders’ premiums this way, while insurance companies that cover individuals and small businesses have to spend at least 80%. If an insurer fails to meet that threshold, they must issue a refund.
What health care reform is (and isn’t) doing now

Based on insurers’ recent filings to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, those rebates will total $1.3 billion altogether this year, according to Kaiser.

A large share of this money, or $426 million, will go to consumers who bought their own insurance through one of 215 plans. Nationwide, these consumers — roughly 3.4 million people — will each receive an average rebate of $127, Kaiser said in its report.

Once again Obama tries to buy the vote, and the MSM is silent. It should also be considered that Obama can use these rebates as another way to attack private insurance. All he has to do is claim that the rebates came from “misuse” of the insurance money and all the happy little liberals will jump on the bandwagon.

Remember, there is nothing these scumbags won’t do to win. Hold them accountable at every turn.

-MARS

Comments

Comments and respectful debate are both welcome and encouraged.

Comments are the sole opinion of the comment writer, just as each thread posted is the sole opinion or post idea of the administrator that posted it or of the readers that have written guest posts for the Blogmocracy.

Obscene, abusive, or annoying remarks may be deleted or moved to spam for admin review, but the fact that particular comments remain on the site in no way constitutes an endorsement of their content by any other commenter or the admins of this Blogmocracy.

We're not easily offended and don't want people to think they have to walk on eggshells around here (like at another place that shall remain nameless) but of course, there is a limit to everything.

Play nice!

124 Responses to “OBAMACARE INCLUDES $127 BRIBE TO VOTERS”
( jump to bottom )

  1. 1 | April 27, 2012 6:32 pm

    The folly of this madness simply staggers the imagination, which in my case is truly a noteworthy event. Since I work in this industry I will break it down for you.

    Right now, all insurance companies, as a matter of law, are required to keep a certain amount of their premium dollars in a general fund. this amount varies from state to state, and amongst the Canadian Provinces as well. This amount is usually between 70% to 80% of revenue received. Do you see the beginnings of the problem yet? So, on top of the insurers being forced by law to place themselves into financial distress, (profitability itself is out of the question,) they must dip even further into their reserves and pay a penalty of $1.3 Billion.

    You want your insurance company to be profitable. Do you want to know why? If your insurance company is healthy, they will be able to make good on their promise to pay off when the time comes. By eliminating the reserves, that pool of money that they used to pay claims when they had an unexpected increase in their liabilities, you place them in the position of facing financial ruin during any economic hiccup, like for instance, the one we are experiencing over these last three years.

    If this law is not undone one way or another, (Supreme Court or repeal,) then all insurance companies selling health insurance will either be driven out of business or forced to drop that entire line of business.


  2. 2 | April 27, 2012 6:33 pm

    By the way, great post!


  3. Mars
    3 | April 27, 2012 6:45 pm

    Thank you. A little underwhelmed by the response though. Thought this was big news.


  4. Da_Beerfreak
    4 | April 27, 2012 6:47 pm

    Flyovercountry wrote:

    all …insurance companies selling health insurance will either be driven out of business or forced to drop that entire line of business….

    From Baby Doc Baraq’s point of view that’s a feature not a bug. :evil:


  5. Mars
    5 | April 27, 2012 6:50 pm

    @ Da_Beerfreak:
    Yep, this is the long thought out process to drive the system into a single payer model.


  6. Da_Beerfreak
    6 | April 27, 2012 6:51 pm

    @ Mars:
    I think that most Folks just want this monstrosity killed ASAP and are not all that interested in its finer details. :twisted:

    Other than that it’s a great thread. :grin:


  7. coldwarrior
    7 | April 27, 2012 7:04 pm

    Mars wrote:

    Thank you. A little underwhelmed by the response though. Thought this was big news.

    friday evenings can get slow, this will get a lot of reads over the weekend


  8. CynicalConservative
    8 | April 27, 2012 7:06 pm

    @ Mars:
    Great write-up, bum time slot, tends to get spooky quiet around here on Friday afternoon’s.

    /lurk


  9. coldwarrior
    9 | April 27, 2012 7:07 pm

    i can almost see flyover’s house from here!


  10. coldwarrior
    10 | April 27, 2012 7:09 pm

    CynicalConservative wrote:

    @ Mars:
    Great write-up, bum time slot, tends to get spooky quiet around here on Friday afternoon’s.
    /lurk

    this will have hundreds of page views by this time tomorrow.


  11. Mars
    11 | April 27, 2012 7:12 pm

    There’s something fishy going on. I talked to the Attorney Generals Office today (State level) and apparently there has been more tax returns stolen this year than ever. (Through Identity Theft). This info was also verified by Jackson Hewitt, the IRS, and an IRS advocate.

    Seems odd that this is happening when our current President is such good friends with so many criminal elements in this country.


  12. coldwarrior
    12 | April 27, 2012 7:12 pm

    that poping sound yinz just heard is a bottle of st hilaire being opened as i took my final final for the RN program today. the prediction is from this exam is that i have a 98% chance of passing the state boards…i want to take them NOW, but i have to wait until graduation

    :(

    so its celebration this weekend!


  13. Mars
    13 | April 27, 2012 7:15 pm

    @ coldwarrior:
    Great to hear. Early Congrats


  14. huckfunn
    14 | April 27, 2012 7:15 pm

    Just one more crucifixion of a capitalist industry. No biggy. //


  15. Tanker
    15 | April 27, 2012 7:16 pm

    Mars wrote:

    Thank you. A little underwhelmed by the response though. Thought this was big news.

    Well written post! HOOAH

    I think many like myself read, but don’t often comment!

    Lurk


  16. huckfunn
    16 | April 27, 2012 7:17 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    that poping sound yinz just heard is a bottle of st hilaire being opened as i took my final final for the RN program today. the prediction is from this exam is that i have a 98% chance of passing the state boards…i want to take them NOW, but i have to wait until graduation

    so its celebration this weekend!

    Cheers, mate… clink.


  17. coldwarrior
    17 | April 27, 2012 7:21 pm

    @ Mars:
    @ huckfunn:

    cheers!

    breaks out another bottle


  18. Lily
    18 | April 27, 2012 7:26 pm

    Hey Mars great post. I read this in the paper today. Disgusting. Can’t wait for the Supreme Court to throw this crap out.
    /plus just getting on the computer late! ;)


  19. Lily
    19 | April 27, 2012 7:27 pm

    @ coldwarrior:

    Congrats CW!!! We had in my family a RN break out last year.


  20. 20 | April 27, 2012 7:29 pm

    @ coldwarrior:

    Stop in for a Brewski!


  21. brookly red
    21 | April 27, 2012 7:29 pm

    Mars wrote:

    There’s something fishy going on. I talked to the Attorney Generals Office today (State level) and apparently there has been more tax returns stolen this year than ever. (Through Identity Theft). This info was also verified by Jackson Hewitt, the IRS, and an IRS advocate.

    Seems odd that this is happening when our current President is such good friends with so many criminal elements in this country.

    well I am sure Holder will investigate just as soon as those pesky congress critters get off his case…

    oh and nice post btw


  22. Tanker
    22 | April 27, 2012 7:29 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    that poping sound yinz just heard is a bottle of st hilaire being opened as i took my final final for the RN program today. the prediction is from this exam is that i have a 98% chance of passing the state boards…i want to take them NOW, but i have to wait until graduation

    so its celebration this weekend!

    Congrats CW, Great example you set for your little ones! Hard work does pay off!


  23. Lily
    23 | April 27, 2012 7:30 pm

    And on topic. What the hell would a $127 rebate to for me anyway???
    Nothing. All it is going to do is hurt me in the long run. Not to mention the two states that were extremely opposed to obamacare seem like they are going to get hit the hardest, Texas and Florida.
    /coincidence I think not.


  24. coldwarrior
    24 | April 27, 2012 7:30 pm

    Flyovercountry wrote:

    @ coldwarrior:
    Stop in for a Brewski!

    i’m by pymatuning this weekend


  25. coldwarrior
    25 | April 27, 2012 7:32 pm

    @ Lily:
    @ Tanker:

    retraining at 40ish isnt for everyone!

    this course beat my ass! much harder than anything i had in grad school econ.


  26. brookly red
    26 | April 27, 2012 7:32 pm

    Lily wrote:

    And on topic. What the hell would a $127 rebate to for me anyway???

    fill your gas tank and a bag of chips…


  27. Lily
    27 | April 27, 2012 7:32 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    Mars wrote:

    There’s something fishy going on. I talked to the Attorney Generals Office today (State level) and apparently there has been more tax returns stolen this year than ever. (Through Identity Theft). This info was also verified by Jackson Hewitt, the IRS, and an IRS advocate.

    Seems odd that this is happening when our current President is such good friends with so many criminal elements in this country.

    well I am sure Holder will investigate just as soon as those pesky congress critters get off his case…

    oh and nice post btw

    This administrative in the White House is so corrupt it is unbelievable. Every single one of them should be put in handcuffs.


  28. Lily
    28 | April 27, 2012 7:33 pm

    @ coldwarrior:

    But you did it!!! ;)


  29. Mars
    29 | April 27, 2012 7:33 pm

    @ Lily:
    It’s going to do exactly what the $250 a couple years ago did. Not a damn thing, but it makes the seniors think they’re getting something. But, since it doesn’t apply to medicare/caid it isn’t going to work this time. People who can afford their own insurance aren’t going to give a damn about 127 bucks. People who are getting their insurance at work might be happy to have this much, but it isn’t going to go far to change their opinion. I think O and the mystery authors of this bill blew it with this one.


  30. Lily
    30 | April 27, 2012 7:35 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    Lily wrote:

    And on topic. What the hell would a $127 rebate to for me anyway???

    fill your gas tank and a bag of chips…

    Excatly … but it will do great harm to the insurance companies.


  31. brookly red
    31 | April 27, 2012 7:35 pm

    Lily wrote:

    This administrative in the White House is so corrupt it is unbelievable. Every single one of them should be put in handcuffs, and left in the showers on Rikers island

    fify


  32. Dolphin
    32 | April 27, 2012 7:38 pm

    @ coldwarrior:
    Congrats! When is graduation?

    Love the graphics on the post. Content rocks also. Great post.


  33. brookly red
    33 | April 27, 2012 7:39 pm

    Lily wrote:

    Excatly … but it will do great harm to the insurance companies.

    name one industry O’s policies hasen’t fucked?


  34. Lily
    34 | April 27, 2012 7:40 pm

    @ Mars:

    It is nothing but a bribe. Actually just throwing pennies at you to make you think they have your welfare in mind while they go on lavish vacations and live the life of a queens and kings. When I saw this in the paper today I just shook my head, unreal. Not to mention because of this, this is a slam-dunk that my insurance will increase in price!
    /this in my opinion is criminal.
    Of course the paper spinned it as much as it could towards this is being a good thing, but they couldn’t spin the whole way into this is a good thing. I’m talking about the AP.


  35. 35 | April 27, 2012 7:41 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    Flyovercountry wrote:

    @ coldwarrior:
    Stop in for a Brewski!

    i’m by pymatuning this weekend

    You’re still a couple of hours from me, but that part of the state is more like home to me still. I grew up just across the river in West Virginia, assuming you are far enough south to be along the Ohio River, not certain exactly where Andover is, guessing it’s between Ashtabula and Youngstown. But as I’ve come to learn, when you fly through a plate glass window of the bar and into a gutter, it really doesn’t matter if the bar is called Thirsty’s on South Bass Island or if it is called Papa Joe’s on High Street. A gutter is a gutter is a gutter. Enjoy the weekend sir, and crack one for me.


  36. Lily
    36 | April 27, 2012 7:42 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    Lily wrote:

    Excatly … but it will do great harm to the insurance companies.

    name one industry O’s policies hasen’t fucked?

    Actually I can’t. It is a disgrace.


  37. coldwarrior
    37 | April 27, 2012 7:43 pm

    Lily wrote:

    Excatly … but it will do great harm to the insurance companies.

    bingo.


  38. brookly red
    38 | April 27, 2012 7:43 pm

    Lily wrote:

    Actually I can’t. It is a disgrace.

    I can think of one… solar panels LOL


  39. coldwarrior
    39 | April 27, 2012 7:43 pm

    Dolphin wrote:

    Congrats! When is graduation?

    may 10 and you are all invited!

    :lol:


  40. Lily
    40 | April 27, 2012 7:44 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    Lily wrote:

    This administrative in the White House is so corrupt it is unbelievable. Every single one of them should be put in handcuffs, and left in the showers on Rikers island

    fify

    Indeed. Thanks for finishing it. ;) Rikers Island one can dream this treasonous bastiages would end up there.


  41. Lily
    41 | April 27, 2012 7:45 pm

    @ brookly red:

    Oh wait windmills too. But then again how are those companies doing??
    /not too good.


  42. coldwarrior
    42 | April 27, 2012 7:46 pm

    Flyovercountry wrote:

    I grew up just across the river in West Virginia,

    i live where the ohio river turns south…can see the big bend from my deck. just like mr twain wrote about.

    this weekend we are up at my parents, gonna do some serious goofing off


  43. brookly red
    43 | April 27, 2012 7:48 pm

    Lily wrote:

    Oh wait windmills too. But then again how are those companies doing??
    /not too good.

    their doing great! billions in loans and then go bankrupt and keep the cash? brilliant! If this was any other country these people would be swinging from lamp posts.


  44. brookly red
    44 | April 27, 2012 7:49 pm

    Lily wrote:

    Indeed. Thanks for finishing it. Rikers Island one can dream this treasonous bastiages would BE end up there.

    fify again :)


  45. Lily
    45 | April 27, 2012 7:50 pm

    @ brookly red:

    Oh my! :lol:


  46. Lily
    46 | April 27, 2012 7:51 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    Lily wrote:

    Oh wait windmills too. But then again how are those companies doing??
    /not too good.

    their doing great! billions in loans and then go bankrupt and keep the cash? brilliant! If this was any other country these people would be swinging from lamp posts.

    A complete and total waste of our taxpayers money gone to waste if this isn’t criminal I don’t know what is.


  47. darkwords
    47 | April 27, 2012 7:55 pm

    Well I hear a new health care product is coming online the same day. The Obamater. For $127 it will take the temperature of your butt. It has a picture of Obama on it and everything.


  48. brookly red
    48 | April 27, 2012 7:57 pm

    Lily wrote:

    A complete and total waste of our taxpayers money gone to waste if this isn’t criminal I don’t know what is.

    It is criminal and until we as a nation start treating it as such it will only grow worse.


  49. Lily
    49 | April 27, 2012 7:57 pm

    Stating the obvious! Ya think?

    Charlie Cook: “We have kind of a metrosexual president. . .”

    http://weaselzippers.us/2012/04/27/we-have-kind-of-a-metrosexual-president/


  50. Lily
    50 | April 27, 2012 7:58 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    Lily wrote:

    A complete and total waste of our taxpayers money gone to waste if this isn’t criminal I don’t know what is.

    It is criminal and until we as a nation start treating it as such it will only grow worse.

    Excatly. But I do think a lot of people are seeing this and are not happy at all.


  51. Lily
    51 | April 27, 2012 8:00 pm

    darkwords wrote:

    Well I hear a new health care product is coming online the same day. The Obamater. For $127 it will take the temperature of your butt. It has a picture of Obama on it and everything.

    Right! Who in the hell is he fooling??? Only dimwits I say.


  52. brookly red
    52 | April 27, 2012 8:01 pm

    Lily wrote:

    Right! Who in the hell is he fooling??? Only dimwits I say.

    60 million dimwits can ruin your day…


  53. Alberta Oil Peon
    53 | April 27, 2012 8:04 pm

    @ Mars:
    Mars, the site was loading slowly for while this afternoon, too. That never helps.


  54. Da_Beerfreak
    54 | April 27, 2012 8:07 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    …gonna do some serious goofing off…

    You’ve earned it. Enjoy. :mrgreen:


  55. Lily
    55 | April 27, 2012 8:07 pm

    @ brookly red:

    Well I am hoping that number lowers.


  56. song_and_dance_man
    56 | April 27, 2012 8:08 pm

    Only 127? Looks some are going to be disappointed from expecting more money from the Obama Stash.


  57. Lily
    57 | April 27, 2012 8:09 pm

    Is this even legal??????????? If so lets start naming who contributes to obama..I mean other countries…

    Unreal: Obama Singles Out Private Citizens By Name For Donating To Romney, Accuses Them Of “Betting Against America”…

    http://weaselzippers.us/2012/04/27/unreal-obama-singles-out-private-citizens-by-name-for-donating-to-romney-accuses-them-of-betting-against-america/


  58. brookly red
    58 | April 27, 2012 8:09 pm

    Lily wrote:

    brookly red wrote:

    Lily wrote:

    A complete and total waste of our taxpayers money gone to waste if this isn’t criminal I don’t know what is.

    It is criminal and until we as a nation start treating it as such it will only grow worse.

    Excatly. But I do think a lot of people are seeing this and are not happy at all.

    well http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304723304577368280604524916.html
    and this is the wall street journal not info wars mind you.


  59. Alberta Oil Peon
    59 | April 27, 2012 8:10 pm

    Lily wrote:

    brookly red wrote:

    Lily wrote:
    And on topic. What the hell would a $127 rebate to for me anyway???
    fill your gas tank and a bag of chips…

    Excatly … but it will do great harm to the insurance companies.

    Which is exactly the goal. Set up so many roadblocks to the successful operation of private insurers that the public will clamor for “government insurance”.

    Drive the price of oil and gas up, so people will accept wind energy. Same thing.

    Wreck the functioning paradigm, so that people will fall for the new, and non-functional paradigm. Cloward-Piven.


  60. Lily
    60 | April 27, 2012 8:10 pm

    song_and_dance_man wrote:

    Only 127? Looks some are going to be disappointed from expecting more money from the Obama Stash.

    No kidding. I don’t want free stuff I want a free country.


  61. brookly red
    61 | April 27, 2012 8:12 pm

    Lily wrote:

    Is this even legal???????????

    we don’t need no stinking badges…


  62. brookly red
    62 | April 27, 2012 8:14 pm

    Lily wrote:

    song_and_dance_man wrote:

    Only 127? Looks some are going to be disappointed from expecting more money from the Obama Stash.

    No kidding. I don’t want free stuff I want a free country.

    Ahem… “freedom’s just an other word for nothing left to lose”

    we are at that point


  63. Da_Beerfreak
    63 | April 27, 2012 8:15 pm

    Lily wrote:

    darkwords wrote:

    Well I hear a new health care product is coming online the same day. The Obamater. For $127 it will take the temperature of your butt. It has a picture of Obama on it and everything.

    Right! Who in the hell is he fooling??? Only dimwits I say.

    His goal is to fool the Mushrooms on the left and enough Sheeple from the middle and the right to get re-elected. As for the rest of us, he doesn’t give a damn… :evil:


  64. Lily
    64 | April 27, 2012 8:15 pm

    @ brookly red:

    GMTA! Really can he do that? Well he is, I hope a lot of people sue him and sure hope this back-fires on him. There is no low to which he will stoop. I would be pissed if he name me by name and would make me want him out of office even more.
    Who does he think he is Stalin?? If so …this isn’t Europe.


  65. Lily
    65 | April 27, 2012 8:17 pm

    @ Da_Beerfreak:

    I don’t think he gives a damn about any of us and the middle shouldn’t fall for this at all. Like a rebate of 127 dollars is going to help me with my health-care, it isn’t. It is meant to destroy the insurance companies.


  66. coldwarrior
    66 | April 27, 2012 8:18 pm

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    coldwarrior wrote:
    …gonna do some serious goofing off…
    You’ve earned it. Enjoy.

    i have 36 hours of state board test review next week.

    for the first time in almost 3 years i have nothing pending! so i brought the girls up (gramma/papak is keeping them next week).

    there will be quality time with the browning hp at the club tomorrow, then wings and beer.

    golf on sunday and monday, then back to the books.


  67. Lily
    67 | April 27, 2012 8:18 pm

    @ brookly red:

    I know we are at a cross-roads as a Nation, I just hope other people realize this. I pray so.


  68. song_and_dance_man
    68 | April 27, 2012 8:18 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    we are at that point

    I hate to say, buy it appears to be a point of no return. The decline can only be slowed but not stopped. At least not with the direction we are heading both socially and politically.


  69. brookly red
    69 | April 27, 2012 8:23 pm

    song_and_dance_man wrote:

    I hate to say, buy it appears to be a point of no return. The decline can only be slowed but not stopped. At least not with the direction we are heading both socially and politically.

    oh ye of little faith…


  70. waldensianspirit
    70 | April 27, 2012 8:24 pm

    @ coldwarrior:
    After all that you’ll go through a roller coaster of emotions


  71. Da_Beerfreak
    71 | April 27, 2012 8:25 pm

    @ Alberta Oil Peon:
    Exactly!! The Liberals break everything they touch, than they run crying to their dimwitted supporters that nothing works anymore and they are the only ones smart enough to fix the problem. Rinse & repeat… :evil:


  72. Lily
    72 | April 27, 2012 8:25 pm

    @ brookly red:

    Also this caught my eye and should screamed from the rooftops..

    If Mr. Obama isn’t going to act like a president, he bolsters the argument that he doesn’t deserve to be one.

    I truly hope after he is defeated (hoping on that) he is arrested pdq.


  73. coldwarrior
    73 | April 27, 2012 8:26 pm

    song_and_dance_man wrote:

    The decline can only be slowed but not stopped.

    i disagree


  74. brookly red
    74 | April 27, 2012 8:26 pm

    Lily wrote:

    @ brookly red:

    I know we are at a cross-roads as a Nation, I just hope other people realize this. I pray so.

    ironic you use the term “cross-roads” we are indeed dealing with the devil here and that is one negotiation that can’t be won. better that you pray because there is one greater than he.


  75. brookly red
    75 | April 27, 2012 8:27 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    song_and_dance_man wrote:

    The decline can only be slowed but not stopped.

    i disagree

    I second that.


  76. Lily
    76 | April 27, 2012 8:28 pm

    song_and_dance_man wrote:

    brookly red wrote:

    we are at that point

    I hate to say, buy it appears to be a point of no return. The decline can only be slowed but not stopped. At least not with the direction we are heading both socially and politically.

    I think all of this is coming to a head…it is a make or break point.
    This time I am praying all of this crap is washed out of our country.


  77. Lily
    77 | April 27, 2012 8:30 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    Lily wrote:

    @ brookly red:

    I know we are at a cross-roads as a Nation, I just hope other people realize this. I pray so.

    ironic you use the term “cross-roads” we are indeed dealing with the devil here and that is one negotiation that can’t be won. better that you pray because there is one greater than he.

    I pray every night for this country and I am sure I am not the only one.


  78. coldwarrior
    78 | April 27, 2012 8:32 pm

    the right needs to think in incremental gains instead of instant big gains.

    it took us a hundred years to get here, it will take more than one election cycle to fix it.


  79. brookly red
    79 | April 27, 2012 8:32 pm

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    @ Alberta Oil Peon:
    Exactly!! The Liberals break everything they touch, than they run crying to their dimwitted supporters that nothing works anymore and they are the only ones smart enough to fix the problem. Rinse & repeat…

    How do you think I’m going to get along,
    Without you, when you’re gone
    You took me for everything that I had,
    And kicked me out on my own

    Are you happy, are you satisfied
    How long can you stand the heat
    Out of the doorway the bullets rip
    To the sound of the beat


  80. brookly red
    80 | April 27, 2012 8:35 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    the right needs to think in incremental gains instead of instant big gains.

    it took us a hundred years to get here, it will take more than one election cycle to fix it.

    indeed. but we have only one election cycle to stop it.


  81. coldwarrior
    81 | April 27, 2012 8:37 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    coldwarrior wrote:
    the right needs to think in incremental gains instead of instant big gains.
    it took us a hundred years to get here, it will take more than one election cycle to fix it.

    indeed. but we have only one election cycle to stop it.

    yep

    then it takes a good 20-30 yrs to fix the prblem


  82. Lily
    82 | April 27, 2012 8:38 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    coldwarrior wrote:

    the right needs to think in incremental gains instead of instant big gains.

    it took us a hundred years to get here, it will take more than one election cycle to fix it.

    indeed. but we have only one election cycle to stop it.

    It can be done we as a nation have to have the will.
    /One thing that is very telling since bho has been elected gun sales have gone through the roof and continue to go through the roof. This tells me a lot of Americans do see where this nation is heading and are not too happy with it at all.


  83. waldensianspirit
    83 | April 27, 2012 8:39 pm

    There is no way this nation ever pays off a trillion of its debt yet alone 24 trillion. Ever


  84. coldwarrior
    84 | April 27, 2012 8:43 pm

    waldensianspirit wrote:

    There is no way this nation ever pays off a trillion of its debt yet alone 24 trillion. Ever

    sure there is, we paid off 100% debt compared to gdp after ww2

    we have 100% debt/gdp now. it will take a good 30 years to do it.


  85. Lily
    85 | April 27, 2012 8:44 pm

    waldensianspirit wrote:

    There is no way this nation ever pays off a trillion of its debt yet alone 24 trillion. Ever

    We can if all the red tape is cut and this country is more friendly to companies wanting to start up. Sure it will take some time. The infiltration of the communism that has infected this country has come to a head after a 100 years. The one thing bho has done has made a lot of people realize the stench of it.


  86. brookly red
    86 | April 27, 2012 8:44 pm

    waldensianspirit wrote:

    There is no way this nation ever pays off a trillion of its debt yet alone 24 trillion. Ever

    so we default… send your protest letters to NORAD


  87. Da_Beerfreak
    87 | April 27, 2012 8:50 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    waldensianspirit wrote:
    There is no way this nation ever pays off a trillion of its debt yet alone 24 trillion. Ever

    sure there is, we paid off 100% debt compared to gdp after ww2
    we have 100% debt/gdp now. it will take a good 30 years to do it.

    If and only if the Government allows the Private Sector to produce Wealth faster than the Government is destroying it. I see little chance of that happening anytime soon… :evil:


  88. Dolphin
    88 | April 27, 2012 8:51 pm

    @ coldwarrior:
    Unfortunately, we live in the age of instant gratification. Especially the younger generation.

    We finally found our new (to us) car. Closing the deal on Tuesday. 1999 Honda Civic with just over 120,000 miles. Cash talks! $1500. This will greatly help with gas right now. I only drive 24 miles round trip to work, however hubby pushes 70 rt/day. Been looking for almost a year.


  89. coldwarrior
    89 | April 27, 2012 8:52 pm

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    If and only if the Government allows the Private Sector to produce Wealth faster than the Government is destroying it. I see little chance of that happening anytime soon… :evil:

    i dont.

    i have heard the laments and gnashing teeth over the death of america in the 70′s, they happened in the 30′s as well.

    DC needs to be eviscerated. the mood is rising for it.


  90. Da_Beerfreak
    90 | April 27, 2012 8:55 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    DC needs to be eviscerated. the mood is rising for it.

    No doubt about that. This Country is its People and the States. DC Town is the monkey we have to get off our backs. :twisted:


  91. Lily
    91 | April 27, 2012 8:55 pm

    @ coldwarrior:

    Oh indeed. I am hearing the gnashing of teeth from people who never talk politics. This is coming to a head.
    /caught this comment over at W/Z if anyone has any doubt how other nations view us…this should leave that doubt at the door.

    The Asshole Supreme has brought the presidency down to the level of a Chicago mayor…. actually lower. I’m in Asia and have been for over a year and most people think America is now a joke and Obama the Joker.


  92. Dolphin
    92 | April 27, 2012 8:55 pm

    @ coldwarrior:
    I have a question for you. You can tell me to go blow smoke if you don’t want to answer, but just wondering. Did you pay as you went with regard to the RN degree or do you have loans?


  93. coldwarrior
    93 | April 27, 2012 8:56 pm

    Dolphin wrote:

    Unfortunately, we live in the age of instant gratification. Especially the younger generation.

    the same younger generation who crammed the recruiting stations to go kill terrorists after 911 and all the way through to now? the military has never been for want for troops.

    this generation is no more instant gratification than the boomers were/are, i think you are going to be pleasantly surprised by this crew, they are waking up politically and dumping the left in droves.


  94. coldwarrior
    94 | April 27, 2012 8:59 pm

    Dolphin wrote:

    @ coldwarrior:
    I have a question for you. You can tell me to go blow smoke if you don’t want to answer, but just wondering. Did you pay as you went with regard to the RN degree or do you have loans?

    i have loans from my MS in econ, i paid cash for the RN degree. that came out of savings and investments. this three years has been murder on the savings account and pushed retirement back to late 60′s, we were headed for a 58-60yo retirement.


  95. brookly red
    95 | April 27, 2012 9:00 pm

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    coldwarrior wrote:

    waldensianspirit wrote:
    There is no way this nation ever pays off a trillion of its debt yet alone 24 trillion. Ever

    sure there is, we paid off 100% debt compared to gdp after ww2
    we have 100% debt/gdp now. it will take a good 30 years to do it.

    If and only if the Government allows the Private Sector to produce Wealth faster than the Government is destroying it. I see little chance of that happening anytime soon…

    Hope and Change is/was our nations flirtation with socialism. It failed, in a sucktacular way. One thing the libs have manifested is the me,me,me mentality.

    Are you better off than you were 4 years ago? this is going to be epic.


  96. coldwarrior
    96 | April 27, 2012 9:04 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    Hope and Change is/was our nations flirtation with socialism.

    bingo.

    and it failed, it failed because it is the antithesis on american progress. it is unnatural. now we need to let loose the economy by deregulation and lower taxes.

    DC needs to see 20% unemployment


  97. Dolphin
    97 | April 27, 2012 9:04 pm

    @ coldwarrior:
    Good for you! Hopefully your new occupation will be able to help you recoup the investment. That is a big sacrifice, especially with a growing family.


  98. Lily
    98 | April 27, 2012 9:05 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    Dolphin wrote:

    Unfortunately, we live in the age of instant gratification. Especially the younger generation.

    the same younger generation who crammed the recruiting stations to go kill terrorists after 911 and all the way through to now? the military has never been for want for troops.

    this generation is no more instant gratification than the boomers were/are, i think you are going to be pleasantly surprised by this crew, they are waking up politically and dumping the left in droves.

    People should realize that the OWS and what the msm says about the youth these days is wrong. They are hard-core believers in the CONSTITUTION, they are noticing everyday the outrages that this president is doing. They LOVE THIS COUNTRY. Do not buy into the bullsh*t.
    They hate the scum of OWS, they mock it. They mock the indoctination of things that go against the grain. They don’t buy into someone telling them that something BAD is really GOOD! Indeed this generation will surprise a lot of people. I am seeing myself with my kids and neices and nephews and god-children. They abhor abortion as a means for birth control. They adore the men and women in the military.


  99. Dolphin
    99 | April 27, 2012 9:06 pm

    @ coldwarrior:
    I pray you are right.


  100. brookly red
    100 | April 27, 2012 9:07 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    brookly red wrote:

    Hope and Change is/was our nations flirtation with socialism.

    bingo.

    and it failed, it failed because it is the antithesis on american progress. it is unnatural. now we need to let loose the economy by deregulation and lower taxes.

    DC needs to see 20% unemployment

    50% why do we need 2 senators for each state? I say 1 and the Governor votes as the second. Now that is real savings.


  101. Lily
    101 | April 27, 2012 9:09 pm

    Dolphin wrote:

    @ coldwarrior:
    I pray you are right.

    He is right.


  102. coldwarrior
    102 | April 27, 2012 9:10 pm

    Dolphin wrote:

    @ coldwarrior:
    Good for you! Hopefully your new occupation will be able to help you recoup the investment. That is a big sacrifice, especially with a growing family.

    mrs coldwarrior is instrumental in this. she worked her ass off the last few years. now she can go back to her 3x12′s a week and chill the other 4 days of the week. my turn to hit the grindstone, besides, i need 3000 trauma hours to move on and the sooner the better.

    i have tons of management experience/letters after my name which will enable me to get to at least senior vp of a large health system if i choose that route. right now, i want an advanced practice license like nurse practitioner. i will end up back in management becasue i am very good at it, but not yet


  103. brookly red
    103 | April 27, 2012 9:11 pm

    Lily wrote:

    coldwarrior wrote:

    Dolphin wrote:

    Unfortunately, we live in the age of instant gratification. Especially the younger generation.

    the same younger generation who crammed the recruiting stations to go kill terrorists after 911 and all the way through to now? the military has never been for want for troops.

    this generation is no more instant gratification than the boomers were/are, i think you are going to be pleasantly surprised by this crew, they are waking up politically and dumping the left in droves.

    People should realize that the OWS and what the msm says about the youth these days is wrong. They are hard-core believers in the CONSTITUTION, they are noticing everyday the outrages that this president is doing. They LOVE THIS COUNTRY. Do not buy into the bullsh*t.
    They hate the scum of OWS, they mock it. They mock the indoctination of things that go against the grain. They don’t buy into someone telling them that something BAD is really GOOD! Indeed this generation will surprise a lot of people. I am seeing myself with my kids and neices and nephews and god-children. They abhor abortion as a means for birth control. They adore the men and women in the military.

    one day we will wake up to CNN freaking out because there is a ring of tanks around the white house… me? I will still get to work by 8:30 and have a bagel


  104. brookly red
    104 | April 27, 2012 9:12 pm

    Lily wrote:

    Dolphin wrote:

    @ coldwarrior:
    I pray you are right.

    He is right.

    Amen


  105. Dolphin
    105 | April 27, 2012 9:15 pm

    @ coldwarrior:
    Then the Congrats from earlier -- send it on to Mrs. Cold as well!

    :-)


  106. Da_Beerfreak
    106 | April 27, 2012 9:16 pm

    @ brookly red:
    A damn good start would be to repeal the 16th & 17th Amendments.

    I would shoot for at least an 80% reduction in DC Town. Enumerated Powers would be my benchmark.


  107. Lily
    107 | April 27, 2012 9:17 pm

    @ brookly red:

    This is the generation that saw us attacked on 9/11. Many of my sons friends enlisted pdq. My oldest son cursed the disease he has because he so much wanted to be in the military and go with them. My youngest was too young to enlist…he went into law enforcement. Sure this generation *flirted* with what the left was trying to cram down their throats. But that flirtation was like a one-night-stand that left them with a bad feeling. They have righted their ship…


  108. brookly red
    108 | April 27, 2012 9:23 pm

    Lily wrote:

    @ brookly red:

    This is the generation that saw us attacked on 9/11. Many of my sons friends enlisted pdq. My oldest son cursed the disease he has because he so much wanted to be in the military and go with them. My youngest was too young to enlist…he went into law enforcement. Sure this generation *flirted* with what the left was trying to cram down their throats. But that flirtation was like a one-night-stand that left them with a bad feeling. They have righted their ship…

    as I used to say on another site, our 40 years in the wilderness. the last of the “summer of love” in congress are dying of old age. we will be free again.


  109. coldwarrior
    109 | April 27, 2012 9:23 pm

    Dolphin wrote:

    @ coldwarrior:
    Then the Congrats from earlier – send it on to Mrs. Cold as well!

    i will


  110. coldwarrior
    110 | April 27, 2012 9:24 pm

    the oot goes up at 10est


  111. Lily
    111 | April 27, 2012 9:28 pm

    @ brookly red:

    as I used to say on another site, our 40 years in the wilderness. the last of the “summer of love” in congress are dying of old age. we will be free again

    That freedom can not come too soon either. Those old hippies expected the youth to go all ’60′s style. Guess what they didn’t. All they could come up with is OWS…to the younger people (20-30) they are nothing but a damn joke to them.


  112. savages_girl
    112 | April 27, 2012 9:35 pm

    @ coldwarrior:
    Hola CW. Just passing through. I have to tell you: a couple of weeks ago I took a judging class to learn to judge competition BBQ. It was with the PNWBA (Pacific Northwest BBQ Association). I’ve already judged a cooking class competition and this weekend I am going to be judging a competition BBQ at the Monroe Fairgrounds. Very excited!


  113. coldwarrior
    113 | April 27, 2012 9:38 pm

    there is a sea change coming.

    once the hippies are gone it’s gen x’s turn. stoic, bitter, hero-less ex punk rocker realists.


  114. coldwarrior
    114 | April 27, 2012 9:39 pm

    savages_girl wrote:

    @ coldwarrior:
    Hola CW. Just passing through. I have to tell you: a couple of weeks ago I took a judging class to learn to judge competition BBQ. It was with the PNWBA (Pacific Northwest BBQ Association). I’ve already judged a cooking class competition and this weekend I am going to be judging a competition BBQ at the Monroe Fairgrounds. Very excited!

    nice!!!!


  115. 115 | April 27, 2012 9:47 pm

    I am SO praying for 6-3 but I’ll take 5-4 too.


  116. 116 | April 27, 2012 9:48 pm

    @ Da_Beerfreak:

    16.2 TRILLION UPDINGS!


  117. yenta-fada
    117 | April 27, 2012 9:53 pm

    Great post, Mars. (just getting around to the computer). It appears as though most of the population is one fact deep on any given issue. This is a big story, but people don’t understand the implications as you do. Add to that the fact that a lot of news is just plain bad, so a bunch of people will just ignore it.


  118. coldwarrior
    118 | April 27, 2012 10:02 pm

    the oot is up yinz…and i have a clear sky, not much of a moon and a set of celestron 25x100 binos.

    bbl


  119. song_and_dance_man
    119 | April 27, 2012 10:40 pm

    Hey Macker.

    Got your message and I’m glad everything is upwards and onward.


  120. 120 | April 27, 2012 10:49 pm

    Outstanding post, Mars!

    I am another with oddball hours.

    What is this $127 going to do?

    Hurt the Industry and give Odumbo some attack points. In other words, exactly what was intended.

    Pending Congrats CW!


  121. darkwords
    121 | April 27, 2012 11:37 pm

    Gay anti bully speaker is a bully. This guy is a hero to a lot of people and has national speaking engagements, but he is just a piece of baloney.


  122. Mars
    122 | April 28, 2012 2:14 am

    Thanks everybody, I appreciate it.


  123. eaglesoars
    123 | April 28, 2012 7:51 am

    Mars wrote:

    There’s something fishy going on. I talked to the Attorney Generals Office today (State level) and apparently there has been more tax returns stolen this year than ever. (Through Identity Theft). This info was also verified by Jackson Hewitt, the IRS, and an IRS advocate.
    Seems odd that this is happening when our current President is such good friends with so many criminal elements in this country.

    good morning Mars. This is a great post. We got a $100 PER MONTH decrease in our premiums.

    As for the identity theft -- don’t file electronicly.


  124. RIX
    124 | April 28, 2012 8:21 am

    What Obama & the drafters of ObamaCare ignore ,
    but surely know is that insurance companies have
    to maintain state mandated reserves out of that
    magin.
    Also a stock companay needs to pay dividends
    out of that magin, & mutual companies reduce costs
    for policy holders.
    It is just part of the attack on private insurance to
    get everybody into government rationed health care.


Back to the Top

The Blogmocracy

website design was Built By David