by Flyovercountry ( 56 Comments › )
Filed under Elections 2012, Politics at April 27th, 2012 - 11:30 am

Yesterday, I received this email in my inbox, as a result of he whole, “attack watch,” thing, which thankfully landed me on the Obama Campaign’s distribution lists. It seems as though the win a date with Barack and Joe has been marked back up to $3 from $2. That is because they have improved on the quality of the entire experience. That’s right my friends, we can now add the name of George Clooney to the dream date experience. I believe as a starting point for this discussion I should begin with some personal disclosure. One, I am not a fan of George Clooney on a personal level, although I have enjoyed some of the movies that he’s been in. Two, this has to be the single lowest rent fundraising scheme ever performed by any politician in the admittedly sordid world of political fundraising. More to follow after you read this gem, found in my inbox.

Obama - Biden
Friend –

I have some advice for the two people who will be selected to go to a party for the President at George Clooney’s house:

Choose your guest wisely.

Whoever you pick to join you is going to owe you big time.

Think about it — and chip in $3 or whatever you can today to be automatically entered:

- Ann Marie

Ann Marie Habershaw
Chief Operating Officer
Obama for America

P.S. — Regarding your airfare and hotel, we’ve got it covered. Just get your name in the mix today.

The good news for the Obama minions is that by pimping out Clooney’s name and house for this get together, we’ve moved the price tag from 8 quarters to 12. This moves us barely, from the territory of donating what’s often obtainable by searching couch cushions or the floorboards of a car into a definite, I have to think about making certain I have this in my checking account before I use my debit card to purchase this raffle ticket territory. The bad news of course is a little more expandable than the one sentence above. First off, I do not ever remember any national political figure debasing his campaign or for that matter his office in quite so seedy a manner. Buy a raffle ticket for a dream date is at the very best, degrading to the office of the Presidency. Yes it is true that President Clinton pimped out the Lincoln Bedroom and turned our Chief Executive’s residence into a bed and breakfast, but he at least got a solid $100 Thousand for the experience. It was a tacky move, but at least it was a very expensive tacky move. People on the left are always admonishing those of us on the right to show respect for the office of the Presidency even though we disagree politically with the current holder of that office. This is that perfect example of how the person who holds that office should be the example of paying that respect and not lesson number one of what not to do. Why not go the whole way Barry? Why not just kick the price up to 5 bones and include Carrot Top and the entire cast from those, “Girls Gone Wild,” videos?

I realize that fundraising is a part of the campaigning process that is unavoidable. The amount of money raised during a campaign is usually in correlation to what level of popular support a candidate actually has. Money is necessary to tell people what you stand for and why they should vote for you and not the other guy. For all of the whining about campaign funds that people do, they only whine about the money that the candidates that oppose their favorite receive, and not the money raised by those that they support. The Democrats whine about corporations while accepting gazillions from the unions. I have always thought the entire campaign finance fight was a complete waste of time, effort, and hypocritical besides. It is also a breech of our First Amendment Rights. When ever a politician rails on about getting money out of politics, what they mean is that they wish to stop the funding the other side is able to tap into, while keeping their own spigots on full. That being said, the win a dream date with Barack contest smacks of desperation. This is hardly the methodology he used for his first White House bid, and does not speak to a man who will reach his $1 Billion goal. The reports of some of the seedier things he’s doing aside, (not verifying the authenticity of credit card donors for one, the foreign flow of money for another,) this hardly aspires to the level of dignity one would or should expect from the President of The United States of America.

Secondly, I would not walk across the street to have dinner with George Clooney. He is a fine actor, of that there is no doubt. I personally believe that the only interesting things he has ever said, at least when ever a recording device was able to capture it, were written for him by somebody else. Unscripted, I have found him to be smug, pompous, arrogant, idiotic, and worse. What’s more, he is an classic Jew hater, and for me, that is a non starter. His aunt Rosemary must be spinning in her grave furiously over his support for the thugs who wish to wipe Israel off of the map and kill every Jew on the planet. His speech a few years ago about his environmental beliefs while receiving some type of acting award can only be characterized as moronic. The people who are willing to drone on endlessly and with authority about subjects that they have every conceivable fact dangerously wrong are my least favorite people in the world. He is a huge anti Malaria advocate, which would be hilarious for the fact that it is his movement and activism that is the leading progenitor of Malaria in today’s world. What makes it not hilarious however is the horrifying fact that the number of people who have died needlessly due to the moronic activism of the environmental gang now tops 100 Million. George Clooney pretends to care for the same reason that all of these freaks who live and work in the make believe world of entertainment pretend to care. Acting like you care sells their image and helps them to get rich via the same system that they are trying to destroy for the rest of us. Maybe that is a little harsh, but Clooney deserves every word of it. Quite frankly, I am not at all interested in seeing George Clooney alive.

At least with the entire cast of, “Girls Gone Wild,” I would have the good fortune to enjoy my very own private peep show. That Obama Campaign gurus would be worth a finskaru to me.

Cross Posted at Musings of a Mad Conservative.

Comments

56 Responses to “Signs Your Campaign Is Healthy Probably Do Not Include The Need To Pimp George Clooney For 12 Quarters”

1. Bob in Breckenridge
    1 | April 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Who the f**k cares about what any Hollywood douchebag says? Those imbeciles are some the of the most ignorant people on the planet.

2. 2 | April 27, 2012 12:09 pm

Bob in Breckenridge wrote:

Which is why they deserve the title Film Actors’ Guild!

/Matt_Damon!

3. Alberta Oil Peon
    3 | April 27, 2012 12:12 pm

“Why not just kick the price up to 5 bones and include Carrot Top and the entire cast from those, “Girls Gone Wild,” videos?”

Now you’re talkin’ serious fund-raising mojo. Or consciousness-raising, maybe?

“Quite frankly, I am not at all interested in seeing George Clooney alive in person.” FIFY.

(Quite seriously, the above-quoted sentence almost reads like a threat; and I know that’s not what you meant. Not trying to be a grammar nazi here!)

4. Buffalobob
    4 | April 27, 2012 12:18 pm

All royalty surrounded themselves with court jesters and fools. The good king obama is no different.

5 | April 27, 2012 12:37 pm

Why don’t they just make the price a nice South Park-style three-fitty?

6. 6 | April 27, 2012 12:39 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Somehow, this just comes to mind….

7. eaglesoars
    7 | April 27, 2012 12:40 pm

I have noticed that people who are admired fot their good looks seem to operate under the illusion that they are also intelligent.

It is most unfortunate

8 | April 27, 2012 12:42 pm

Buffalobob wrote:

The good king obama

Good King Obama lashed out
    At sound criticism
    Yes, he acted like a lout
    If folks dared to quiz him
    Left was right and right was bad
    That much was a given
    According to the plan he had
    From Cloward and Piven…

9. Dolphin
    9 | April 27, 2012 12:45 pm

NOAA Ship Okeanos Explorer is doing some exploration of the sea floor of the Gulf of Mexico. They are using an ROV and when they are they are providing live streaming.

Be for warned -- it is addicting.

And there is audio of what you are looking at.

10. spinmore
    10 | April 27, 2012 12:58 pm

I’d pay somebody three bucks NOT to have dinner with these numbnuts

11. 11 | April 27, 2012 12:58 pm

OFF-TOPIC: Your Tax Dollars At Work!
    Navy Naming Ship After Gay Activist?

12. spinmore

Macker wrote:

@ spinmore:

C’est la suc!

. . . sounds gay (but not sure) :D

15. Alberta Oil Peon
    15 | April 27, 2012 1:08 pm

What sailor would want to serve aboard a ship that’s always going down?

16. 16 | April 27, 2012 1:08 pm

@ spinmore:

It’s French! Of course it’s gay… :evil:

17. 17 | April 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

Now you’re talkin’ serious fund-raising mojo. Or consciousness-raising, maybe?

Here’s the thing, I actually did spend a lot of time thinking about that particular line. I sat in front of my keyboard and gave it a good 20 minute think, and here is why I wrote it, and still stand by it. George Clooney, whether he realizes it or not, has aligned himself with people who wish to not only kill me, but all of my people as well. I am not meaning to threaten George Clooney, as I have faith that his efforts to rid the entire world of Jews will not be successful. I would however not shed a single tear at his passing, as to me, he is nothing more than a dolt who openly supports the death of all Jews. Literally, I have no feelings towards Clooney’s continued good health one way or the other. I am just not interested at all in seeing him continue to draw breath, as I am for pretty much the remainder of man kind. He is after all, even if it is not personal for him, trying to put an end to my own existence.

18 | April 27, 2012 1:19 pm

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

Carrot Top

Last time I saw Carrot Top it looked like he couldn’t decide if he wanted to be a Muscle Beach bodybuilder or a drag queen.

Unfortunately, these are not two aesthetics which readily combine.

19 | April 27, 2012 1:19 pm

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

What sailor would want to serve aboard a ship that’s always going down?

these guys:

20 | April 27, 2012 1:20 pm

Clooney can act, but I am not particularly a fan.
    When he moved to LA to try to launch his carrer,
    he moved in with his aunt Rosemary.
    She took him in & helped with her show biz connections.
    He repaid her by going on a late night program & mock
    her for being overweight.
    Years later Obama did about the samne thing. Grandma
    took him in & sacrificed to feed, clothe & educate
    him. He repayed her by asserting that she was a racist
    (typical white woman) when he needed cover from wright.
    Clooney & Obama deserve eachother.

21. 21 | April 27, 2012 1:24 pm

I can’t imagine wanting to be within a mile of either of them. I am not all into celebrity, anyway.

22 | April 27, 2012 1:25 pm

@ Dolphin:

this is very interesting

23 | April 27, 2012 1:26 pm

wjy would i want to hang out with someone who spends his life reading words others have written for him and pretending he is someone else?

24. pat
    24 | April 27, 2012 1:27 pm

Romney should take the cue and auction off a date with Danielle Houghton, Hooters girl extraordinaire, $25 bucks a ticket.
    That’ll earn a few bucks.

25 | April 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Cuz he’s famous an’ real purty.

26 | April 27, 2012 1:37 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Cuz he’s famous an’ real purty.

well, if you put it THAT way…

27. SciFiGuy
    27 | April 27, 2012 1:50 pm

Dolphin wrote:

Be for warned – it is addicting.

And there is audio of what you are looking at.

Used to do this for a living. Was an ROV pilot/mechanic for Oceanering. SOme of the animals and stuff you would see under the oil drilling platforms was truly spectacular. But have you ever tried to find a 1 1/2 inch wrench that fell in 5600Ft of water? not fun!!

28. 28 | April 27, 2012 1:52 pm

pat wrote:

That’ll earn a few bucks.

Well Danielle is cute, but she’d be a lot cuter with a tad bit less hooters… :oops:

29. pat
    29 | April 27, 2012 1:56 pm

I concur.But it ups the bid, heh,heh.

30. pat
    30 | April 27, 2012 1:57 pm

Federal Judge rules Sharia is not religious and can be imposed on Christians and Jews because they have no core values.

Yes, this is real.

31 | April 27, 2012 2:04 pm

The thing about moat celeberties is that they won’t
    shut up.
    If they would keep their mouths shut, you would not know
    how seriously stupid they are.

32 | April 27, 2012 2:05 pm

pat wrote:

Yes, this is real.

If it’s “not religious” then there is no legal basis for asserting it in the first place.

33. 33 | April 27, 2012 2:06 pm

The thing about moat celeberties is that they won’t
    shut up.
    If they would keep their mouths shut, you would not know
    how seriously stupid they are.

The problem with celebrities like George is, that they don’t have a clue how stupid they are, and actually think that they are super geniuses.

34. 34 | April 27, 2012 2:07 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

pat wrote:
    Yes, this is real.

The judges needs one of those abortion vacuum things plugged into his ear…

35. Alberta Oil Peon
    35 | April 27, 2012 2:07 pm

@ Flyovercountry:
    OK, if that’s how you feel about it.

36. 36 | April 27, 2012 2:09 pm

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

@ Flyovercountry:
    OK, if that’s how you feel about it.

How would you feel about someone who was advocating for you and your families murder?

37. Dolphin
    37 | April 27, 2012 2:11 pm

@ SciFiGuy:
    I can only imagine. Gained a whole lot of respect for ROV operators watching the live feed from the attempts to cap the Deep Water Horizon.

38. Alberta Oil Peon
    38 | April 27, 2012 2:13 pm

@ SciFiGuy:
    I shouldn’t think a 1 1/2″ wrench is valuable enough to warrant the cost of using an ROV to search for it. Unless unusual circumstances prevailed?

39 | April 27, 2012 2:19 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Got news for you; the same disability affects the current presidential officeholder, who erroneously continues to think that he is the Smartest Man in the Room.

40. 40 | April 27, 2012 2:20 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Obama’s not the smartest man in the room when he’s in the room by himself…

41. 41 | April 27, 2012 2:21 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

doriangrey wrote:

ROTFLMAO… News Flash… That’s not news to me… :razz:

42. Alberta Oil Peon
    42 | April 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Well, I have no interest in seeing George Clooney at all, alive or dead, in person, or on the idiot box.

If I were to say simply that I don’t wish to see him alive, then the obvious corollary would be that I’m not altogether opposed to seeing him dead. While there may be some celebrities and politicians out there who I’d fancy seeing as non-consumers of oxygen, George Clooney doesn’t number among them. He’s just an idiot, and not worth my time.

I wouldn’t cross the street to piss on him, if he caught fire.

43 | April 27, 2012 2:29 pm

Obama’s not the smartest man in the room when he’s in the room by himself…

HA!

44 | April 27, 2012 2:32 pm

They do & when they really want to sound intelligent they
    speak very deliberately and say uh a lot.

45. SciFiGuy
    45 | April 27, 2012 2:36 pm

@ Alberta Oil Peon:
    All I got to say is EPA! If you drop ANYTHING off the rig, it warrants a fine and investigation if not recovered. Even though the rental/usage was approaching 5 figures an hour, it pales in comparison to the fines.

46 | April 27, 2012 2:36 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Obama’s not the smartest man in the room when he’s in the room by himself…

He is not the smartest carbo based life form,
    when it is just he & Bo the dog in the room.

47. 47 | April 27, 2012 2:38 pm

They do & when they really want to sound intelligent they
    speak very deliberately and say uh a lot.

ROTFLMAO… I probably shouldn’t be talking about celebrity stupidity, oh and have you ever heard me talk on the Blogmocracytalkradio show? Uh… Ya, Ummm, I uh, probably ought to uh, shut up right uh about now… :oops:

48 | April 27, 2012 2:41 pm

The Obama administration threatened to veto the House Republican version of the extension of the student loan bill Friday, arguing that it cuts funding for preventive health services to offset the one year extension of the 3.4 percent student loan rate.

Obama just lost an issue & he is throwing a tantrum.
    Snadrs Fluke is tweeting that interest on her student
    loan just doubled!
    Apparently she is not burdened with honesty.

49 | April 27, 2012 2:43 pm

uh, I uh have not actually heard it per se.
    But, I uh plan to.

50 | April 27, 2012 2:48 pm

SciFiGuy wrote:

What’s the fine for dropping an EPA inspector off the rig, and failing to recover him because all the lifebelts are in the shop?

51. Alberta Oil Peon
    51 | April 27, 2012 2:48 pm

SciFiGuy wrote:

@ Alberta Oil Peon:

Heh! I was about to say, “Well, that qualifies as ‘unusual circumstances’, morons in government.” Then I realized how wrong that was.

Absolutely insane. A dropped wrench on the seafloor poses no more threat than a rock, and I presume there are a few rocks down there. Worst case, it might provide habitat for a colony of critters that don’t thrive in mud.

52. 52 | April 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Apparently she is not burdened with honesty.

She never was. She is a typical Democrat operative. She probably expects to get a job in the Obama Administration when she graduates from Georgetown, and if Obama is re-elected she probably will. Your tax dollars at work…

53 | April 27, 2012 2:56 pm

Obama campaign: “People have been telling us for some time to get a clue—but getting a Clooney was the best we could do!”

54 | April 27, 2012 3:04 pm

Good Lord willing & the crick don’t rise, BHO will
    be an ex president by the time Sandra Fluke graduates
    Georgetown Law.

55. SciFiGuy
    55 | April 27, 2012 3:12 pm

@ Alberta Oil Peon:
    Your trying to make sense out of a government regulation. You’ll hurt your noggin if you keep that up!!!

56. 56 | April 27, 2012 3:20 pm

SciFiGuy wrote:

@ Alberta Oil Peon:

Hurt more than his poor noggin…. :shock: