Bowling For Kids’ Sake! From mfhorn!

by Kafir ( 20 Comments › )
Filed under Blogmocracy, Guest Post at April 29th, 2012 - 8:30 am

On Sunday, April 29th, I’ll be doing ‘Bowl for Kid’s Sake’, for the Big Brothers/Big Sisters here in Kansas. I’d appreciate any support my fellow Bloggers can give.

Thank you so much!

-mfhorn

Tags: ,

Comments

20 Responses to “Bowling For Kids’ Sake! From mfhorn!”

1 | April 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Sponsored by Koch Brothers!!

HA!!!

I knew those dirty bastards were up to no good!!

///

2. Alberta Oil Peon
    2 | April 28, 2012 5:25 pm

Well, I tried to donate, but the stupid webpage kept telling me to enable Javascript, even after I had told my scriptblocker to temporarily allow the entire page, and had reloaded it.

Nobody’s going to donate if the process is worse than pulling teeth.

3 | April 28, 2012 5:32 pm

The Koch Brohters -- James Bond villains! //

4. mfhorn
    4 | April 28, 2012 7:32 pm

@ Alberta Oil Peon:

Well bugger. :( Sorry about the problems!

Yeah, I know. The Koch’s will enslave these poor innocent little boys & girls & make them deny the Chosen One’s perfection. They’ll force them to work in the eeeeevil oil fields, and to deny the wisdom of AlGore and AGW.

5. mfhorn
    5 | April 28, 2012 9:05 pm

If the link doesn’t work for you, please email me your info & I can just write it on my donation form & turn it in. Just name, address & phone # & amount. Big Brother’s will send an invoice. I can take those until tomorrow around noon (Central time).

6. m
    6 | April 28, 2012 10:04 pm

It worked with firefox.

Go mfhorn! That’s cool!!

7. mfhorn
    7 | April 28, 2012 10:27 pm

Thanks to everyone for the support!

8. Alberta Oil Peon
    8 | April 28, 2012 10:50 pm

m should have my e-mail, mfhorn. If you can accept a PayPal payment, I can do it here and now.

9. mfhorn
    9 | April 28, 2012 11:01 pm

No way that I’m aware of for paypal. I have an account and could just make a pledge myself if you want.

10. Alberta Oil Peon
    10 | April 28, 2012 11:08 pm

Well, get my e-mail from m, and send me an e-mail, and I will PayPal you a donation to your PayPal account.

11. mfhorn
    11 | April 28, 2012 11:10 pm

Thank you so much. :)

12. m
    12 | April 28, 2012 11:12 pm

@ Alberta Oil Peon:

I’ll send them back and forth, but there is a paypal on one of the drop down menus. Where it says -- payment method -- under the name and address -- the drop down has credit card/ paypal.

13. mfhorn
    13 | April 28, 2012 11:22 pm

@ m:

D’oh! Didn’t even see that paypal was an option on there!

14. mfhorn
    14 | April 28, 2012 11:23 pm

Oh, but M, he couldn’t get into the site to donate to begin with.

15. Alberta Oil Peon
    15 | April 28, 2012 11:27 pm

Well, I clicked on it again, and this time it went through, and I was able to use PayPal, and it’s all done. Hopefully it got credited to the right bowler!

16. m
    16 | April 28, 2012 11:27 pm

@ mfhorn:

I sent your info! Thanks for doing this!

17. mfhorn
    17 | April 28, 2012 11:28 pm

@ Alberta Oil Peon:

I’ve got it. Thank you so much!

@ m:
    Happy to do it. :)

18. m
    18 | April 28, 2012 11:51 pm

@ Alberta Oil Peon:

Yay!

19. mfhorn
    19 | April 29, 2012 6:51 pm

‘Bowl for Kid’s Sake’ was pretty successful. I didn’t hear the actual numbers, but they were hoping for around $25,000 in pledges. I bowled 2 games, first I’d done in many years. Only managed an 89 first game, a 132 in the 2nd. I don’t think a 3rd would have been a good idea.

Thank you for helping me out, Alberta Oil Peon, m, and anyone else I missed.

20. mfhorn
    20 | April 29, 2012 7:19 pm

@ mfhorn:

Correction. Shows what happens when I’m not paying attention like I should. They got about 230k in pledges, were hoping for around double that, at 500k.