A Lesson in Patience

by savage ( 95 Comments › )
Filed under Open thread at May 10th, 2012 - 7:00 pm

hat tip to bonz

A NYC Taxi driver wrote:

I arrived at the address and honked the horn. After waiting a few minutes I honked again. Since this was going to be my last ride of my shift I thought about just driving away, but instead I put the car in park and walked up to the door and knocked.. ‘Just a minute’, answered a frail, elderly voice. I could hear something being dragged across the floor.

After a long pause, the door opened. A small woman in her 90′s stood before me. She was wearing a print dress and a pillbox hat with a veil pinned on it, like somebody out of a 1940′s movie.

By her side was a small nylon suitcase. The apartment looked as if no one had lived in it for years. All the furniture was covered with sheets.

There were no clocks on the walls, no knickknacks or utensils on the counters. In the corner was a cardboard
box filled with photos and glassware.

‘Would you carry my bag out to the car?’ she said. I took the suitcase to the cab, then returned to assist the woman.

She took my arm and we walked slowly toward the curb.

She kept thanking me for my kindness. ‘It’s nothing’, I told her.. ‘I just try to treat my passengers the way I would want my mother to be treated.’

‘Oh, you’re such a good boy, she said. When we got in the cab, she gave me an address and then asked, ‘Could you drive
through downtown?’

‘It’s not the shortest way,’ I answered quickly..

‘Oh, I don’t mind,’ she said. ‘I’m in no hurry. I’m on my way to a hospice.

I looked in the rear-view mirror. Her eyes were glistening. ‘I don’t have any family left,’ she continued in a soft voice..’The doctor says I don’t have very long.’ I quietly reached over and shut off the meter.

‘What route would you like me to take?’ I asked.

For the next two hours, we drove through the city. She showed me the building where she had once worked as an elevator operator.

We drove through the neighborhood where she and her husband had lived when they were newlyweds She had me pull up in front of a furniture warehouse that had once been a ballroom where she had gone dancing as a girl.

Sometimes she’d ask me to slow in front of a particular building or corner and would sit staring into the darkness, saying nothing.

As the first hint of sun was creasing the horizon, she suddenly said, ‘I’m tired.Let’s go now’.
We drove in silence to the address she had given me. It was a low building, like a small convalescent home, with a driveway that passed under a portico.

Two orderlies came out to the cab as soon as we pulled up. They were solicitous and intent, watching her every move.
They must have been expecting her.

I opened the trunk and took the small suitcase to the door. The woman was already seated in a wheelchair.

‘How much do I owe you?’ She asked, reaching into her purse.

‘Nothing,’ I said

‘You have to make a living,’ she answered.

‘There are other passengers,’ I responded.

Almost without thinking, I bent and gave her a hug.She held onto me tightly.

‘You gave an old woman a little moment of joy,’ she said. ‘Thank you.’

I squeezed her hand, and then walked into the dim morning light.. Behind me, a door shut. It was the sound of the closing of a life..

I didn’t pick up any more passengers that shift. I drove aimlessly lost in thought. For the rest of that day,I could hardly talk.What if that woman had gotten an angry driver,or one who was impatient to end his shift? What if I had refused to take the run, or had honked once, then driven away?

On a quick review, I don’t think that I have done anything more important in my life.

We’re conditioned to think that our lives revolve around great moments.

But great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

Comments

95 Responses to “A Lesson in Patience”

1. Alberta Oil Peon
    1 | May 10, 2012 7:12 pm

Man! What a bittersweet story that is. That cabbie is a saint, IMHO.

2. livefreeor die
    2 | May 10, 2012 7:21 pm

I wish I knew who the taxi driver was. I’d love to send him a thank you for his kindness.

3 | May 10, 2012 7:21 pm

do no harm…
    be humble…
    respect your elders…
    very nice tale…and btw…volunteer

4. Lily
    4 | May 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Ah I see where God put the right two people together. A dying woman and he made sure a certain cabbie went there. I don’t believe in coincidences.
    What a bittersweet story indeed.

5. Lily
    5 | May 10, 2012 7:24 pm

livefreeor die wrote:

I think he got that thank-you by just meeting and experiencing the little old lady. ;)

6. Lily
    6 | May 10, 2012 7:28 pm

There is so many things wrong with this…I can not even count them..
    this is what we have come to?

Pop Quiz: What’s wrong with the latest TIME Magazine cover?

7. 7 | May 10, 2012 7:29 pm

Wow, I’m not a very emotional person, but that made me tear up… :oops:

8. Lily
    8 | May 10, 2012 7:30 pm

@ heysoos:

You know heysoos I’m glad to see you on the main blog. ;)

9. Lily
    9 | May 10, 2012 7:31 pm

That was a awesome thing to hear…just when you feel the world is all jaded…you find out it’s not.

10 | May 10, 2012 7:31 pm

glad to be here…
    that’ll be $2 please

11 | May 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Is that what happened? I thought something was going on with my monitor; it was blurring a bit.

12. brookly red
    12 | May 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Lily wrote:

There is so many things wrong with this…I can not even count them..
    this is what we have come to?

Pop Quiz: What’s wrong with the latest TIME Magazine cover?

I will leave that to the pros… http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/05/10/we_ve_improved_on_time_s_new_cover

13. Lily
    13 | May 10, 2012 7:34 pm

heysoos wrote:

glad to be here…
    that’ll be $2 please

You just had to go there didn’t you? Sorry no speeky englay?
    /no money either.

14. Dolphin
    14 | May 10, 2012 7:34 pm

That is disgusting.

15. Lily
    15 | May 10, 2012 7:35 pm

@ brookly red:

Yep. That’s obama’s America.

16 | May 10, 2012 7:35 pm

@ Lily:

no money?…I can relate to that…
    I waive my fee in the spirit of friendship

17. 17 | May 10, 2012 7:35 pm

@ Lily:
    I doubt that the model is the 7 year old boy’s mother. Just creepy and wrong!

18. Lily
    18 | May 10, 2012 7:36 pm

@ Dolphin:

In more ways than one.

19. Lily
    19 | May 10, 2012 7:36 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

@ Lily:
    I doubt that the model is the 7 year old boy’s mother. Just creepy and wrong!

I doubt it either. Very creepy!

20. Lily
    20 | May 10, 2012 7:37 pm

heysoos wrote:

@ Lily:

no money?…I can relate to that…
    I waive my fee in the spirit of friendship

Ahhhhh. How sweet. ;)

21. Brick
    21 | May 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Lily wrote:

There is so many things wrong with this…I can not even count them..
    this is what we have come to?
    Pop Quiz: What’s wrong with the latest TIME Magazine cover?

Nice looking broad, acceptable rack….But, who’s the midget?

22. brookly red
    22 | May 10, 2012 7:40 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Wow, I’m not a very emotional person, but that made me tear up…

I am reminded of a former neighbor. He passed about 3 years ago at the age of 90 something. he had been a turret gunner in a B-17 and told many growing up stories about the kid from Brooklyn and the war. Most if not all of his keep-sakes ended up in the trash… I picked out a small wooden crucifix with the word Jerusalem written on it out of small box that contained his service insignias and it hang above my computer now.

23. Lily
    23 | May 10, 2012 7:42 pm

@ brookly red:

Everything thrown in the trash??? Glad you picked through it.

24. brookly red
    24 | May 10, 2012 7:44 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

@ Lily:
    I doubt that the model is the 7 year old boy’s mother. Just creepy and wrong!

it’s good work if you can get it I guess…

25. brookly red
    25 | May 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Lily wrote:

@ brookly red:

Everything thrown in the trash??? Glad you picked through it.

“there are 8 million stories in the Naked City… this I one of them”.

26. brookly red
    26 | May 10, 2012 7:47 pm

brookly red wrote:

Lily wrote:

@ brookly red:

Everything thrown in the trash??? Glad you picked through it.

“there are 8 million stories in the Naked City… this I one of them”.

is one of them… sheesh

27. Lily
    27 | May 10, 2012 7:49 pm

@ brookly red:

I figured out what you meant. Me and dorian have to the conclusion that our keyboards are trying to make us look foolish.
    /and like I said…like I need any help in that! ;)

28 | May 10, 2012 7:50 pm

Forward with Obama, Mao and Lenin

29. Lily
    29 | May 10, 2012 7:59 pm

I think this goes with On Topic…especially for the cabbie…

30. Lily
    30 | May 10, 2012 8:00 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

EVOLUTION! :lol:

31. Lily
    31 | May 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Once again I have murdered a thread.
    /sorry savage….this was such a great read.

32. mawskrat
    32 | May 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Lily wrote:

great stuff happens every day
    you just gotta make it happen

33. Lily
    33 | May 10, 2012 8:26 pm

@ mawskrat:

Yep. A guy wrote in to a magazine …
    He was depressed, didn’t think his life was worth living and had made up his mind to commit suicide. He was going to jump off a bridge. On his way to the bridge in a passing car a woman smiled at him.
    He was perplexed. She smiled at me? Why would she smile at me? Maybe my life isn’t worthless. If a pretty woman like that would smile at someone like me then maybe my life isn’t worthless.
    He didn’t jump off the bridge. A simple smile from a stranger changed his life.
    There are little miracles happening all around us.

34. 34 | May 10, 2012 8:27 pm

brookly red wrote:

“there are 8 million stories in the Naked City… this I one of them”.

Good God, put some cloth’s on that City, that’s just plain disgusting. :twisted:

35. Dolphin
    35 | May 10, 2012 8:27 pm

@ Lily:
    LOL! No, you didn’t. It always lulls this time of the evening.

36. Lily
    36 | May 10, 2012 8:28 pm

@ Dolphin:

Oh I know. But I have a reputation for murdering threads…ask dorian.
    /serial thread killer here. ;)

37. Lily
    37 | May 10, 2012 8:30 pm

doriangrey wrote:

brookly red wrote:

“there are 8 million stories in the Naked City… this I one of them”.

Good God, put some cloth’s on that City, that’s just plain disgusting.

Although I’m not from NY…but as my liberal parents would say to me.
    Prude.

38. 38 | May 10, 2012 8:33 pm

OT.

Charles Johnson is now allied with a Jihadi 9/11 Truther.

39. brookly red
    39 | May 10, 2012 8:34 pm

doriangrey wrote:

brookly red wrote:

“there are 8 million stories in the Naked City… this I one of them”.

Good God, put some cloth’s on that City, that’s just plain disgusting.

no one remembers that TV show?

40. Lily
    40 | May 10, 2012 8:38 pm

Good night in Georgia! Why am I not surprised? Anything to become relevent again. Then again even some of his posters are warning him about the people he is hanging around. Now that says a lot. I guess that interview on that marxist radio show brought out the nuts and moonbats (as he would use to say and now he has become one)…all I got to say is WAY TO GO CJ you are now officially a moonbat.

41. Lily
    41 | May 10, 2012 8:38 pm

@ brookly red:

Sounds familiar…never watched it though. ;)

42. Dolphin
    42 | May 10, 2012 8:40 pm

@ Lily:
    I tend to do that on the only other forum I post on also. It is because I don’t post enough and when I do, it’s like -- “who the heck is this?” And silence is deafening. I generally don’t just post unless I have something to add. Especially if it is off topic. I think it is rude to the author. The exception is “open” topics.

43. Brick
    43 | May 10, 2012 8:44 pm

Seems fitting…a little long -- and apologies to Mr. Shlatter as this is NOT his original version. Blurry monitor warning.

Perspective -- Kyle And Error
    One day, when I was a freshman in high school, I saw a kid from my class was walking home from school. His name was Kyle. It looked like he was carrying all of his books. I thought to myself, “Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday? He must really be a nerd.” I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my friend tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on. As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him. They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt. His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him. He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes. My heart went out to him. So, I jogged over to him and as he crawled around looking for his glasses, and I saw a tear in his eye.
    As I handed him his glasses, I said, “Those guys are jerks. They really should get lives.” He looked at me and said, “Hey thanks!” There was a big smile on his face. It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude.
    I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived. As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen him before. He said he had gone to private school before now. I would have never hung out with a private school kid before.
    We talked all the way home, and I carried his books. He turned out to be a pretty cool kid. I asked him if he wanted to play football on Saturday with me and my friends. He said yes. We hung all weekend and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him. And my friends thought the same of him.
    Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books again. I stopped him and said, “Damn boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!” He just laughed and handed me half the books. Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends. When we were seniors, began to think about college. Kyle decided on Georgetown, and I was going to Duke. I knew that we would always be friends, that the smiles would never be a problem. He was going to be a doctor, and I was going for business on a football scholarship. Kyle was valedictorian of our class.
    I teased him all the time about being a nerd. He had to prepare a speech for graduation. I was so glad it wasn’t me having to get up there and speak. Graduation day, I saw Kyle.
    He looked great. He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school. He filled out and actually looked good in glasses. He had more dates than me and all the girls loved him! Boy, sometimes I was jealous.
    Today was one of those days. I could see that he was nervous about his speech. So, I smacked him on the back and said, “Hey, big guy, you’ll be great!” He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled. “Thanks,” he said.
    As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began. “Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those tough years. Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach but mostly your friends. I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them. I am going to tell you a story.” I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the story of the first day we met. He had planned to kill himself over the weekend. He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn’t have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home. He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile. “Thankfully, I was saved. My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable.” I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment.
    I saw his Mom and dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile. Not until that moment did I realize its depth. Never underestimate the power of your actions.
    With one small gesture you can change a person’s life. For better or for worse. God puts us all in each other’s lives to impact one another in some way. Look for God in others.

44. brookly red
    44 | May 10, 2012 8:44 pm

OT.

Charles Johnson is now allied with a Jihadi 9/11 Truther.

OK, that one confuses me… so let me see if I got it right. George Bush conspired with Israeli Jews, to attack America, to discredit Muslims, thereby oppressing Palestinians, and thus preventing them from freeing black people, homosexuals and women to achieve their rightful place as proletariat… Did I get that right?

45. Lily
    45 | May 10, 2012 8:45 pm

@ Dolphin:

Oh I post enough if I have anything to say. Which a lot of times I do now whether what I have to say is worth a peanut that is totally up to debate! I have my on days and off days. Sometimes I do go off topic (and I really don’t mean to be rude at all). Oh well…guilty as charged. ;)

46. brookly red
    46 | May 10, 2012 8:46 pm

brookly red wrote:

OT.

Charles Johnson is now allied with a Jihadi 9/11 Truther.

No, it doesn’t help illegals… I must have missed something.

47. Lily
    47 | May 10, 2012 8:50 pm

@ Brick:

Beautiful.

48. Lily
    48 | May 10, 2012 8:52 pm

@ brookly red:

You forgot nazis, and right-wing wing nuts.

49. brookly red
    49 | May 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Lily wrote:

@ brookly red:

You forgot nazis, and right-wing wing nuts.

no I said Bush…

50. Lily
    50 | May 10, 2012 8:54 pm

I stand corrected. ;)

51. Lily
    51 | May 10, 2012 8:56 pm

@ brookly red:

Now this you did forget. That Iran should have nukes, because we have nukes and it is unfair.

52. mawskrat
    52 | May 10, 2012 8:58 pm

@ Brick:

AMEN

53. 53 | May 10, 2012 8:59 pm

I can’t get that logic.

54. Lily
    54 | May 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Neither can I.
    /you aren’t mad at me?

55. mawskrat
    55 | May 10, 2012 9:03 pm

Adam Mayes, who is suspected of kidnapping Jo Ann Bain and her three daughters, has been captured and is near death, according to reports from WMCTV.com in Memphis, Tenn.

The two younger daughters, Alexandria, 14, and Kyliyah Bain, 8, were both found safe, WMBCTV reported.

Mayes was also charged with the first-degree murders of Jo Ann Bain and her eldest daughter, Adrienne Bain, 14, whose bodies were found in a backyard. He was added to the FBI’s Top 10 most wanted list on Wednesday.

56. brookly red
    56 | May 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Lily wrote:

@ brookly red:

no we really don’t have nukes, we were given 2 farraknas mutha wheel ship by to use against japan to save the lives of millions mooslem (not muslim) draftees that would have died invading the invading the well fortified convince stores of japa…

oh wait that is korea. whatever it’s still bush’s fault.

57. Lily
    57 | May 10, 2012 9:05 pm

@ mawskrat:

So very tragic. Yet the two girls are okay that is a godsend. Usually it doesn’t turn out that way.

58. brookly red
    58 | May 10, 2012 9:05 pm

I can’t get that logic.

I am just trying to figure out the CJ 9/11 truther thing…

59. Dolphin
    59 | May 10, 2012 9:06 pm

@ Lily:
    NOOO! You add a lot to this blog. I don’t have the time. If there is some breaking news or some such that is not what I call off topic. It is the general BS, no “value” add to the thread that I am talking about.

And, again, I don’t condemn any one for doing it, that is just me.

See, I am doing a very good job of it right now -- lol.

Going back into lurk mode.
    :-)

60. Lily
    60 | May 10, 2012 9:07 pm

@ brookly red:

So Bush is at fault just about carries everything wrong. Gottcha.

61. Brick
    61 | May 10, 2012 9:07 pm

brookly red wrote:

I can’t get that logic.

I am just trying to figure out the CJ 9/11 truther thing…

It can’t be the same guy running that site that was running it circa. 2004-2007. It just can’t be.

62. Lily
    62 | May 10, 2012 9:08 pm

@ Dolphin:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

63. 63 | May 10, 2012 9:11 pm

@ brookly red:
    The Naked City …..The police crime series twin to the science fiction series Twilight Zone.
    It was one of my favorite shows, along with Perry Mason and Alfred Hitchcock.

64. Lily
    64 | May 10, 2012 9:11 pm

@ Brick:

Sure it can. As soon as bho won the election he switched sides because he thought he would be on the politically correct side.
    He just reverted to what he was pre-9/11 but on steroids. He flip-flops more than a fish out of water.

65. brookly red
    65 | May 10, 2012 9:12 pm

Peter wrote:

@ brookly red:
    It was one of my favorite shows, along with Perry Mason and Alfred Hitchcock.

you be old as the hills :)

66. 66 | May 10, 2012 9:13 pm

@ Lily:
    This topic deserves its own thread. There are SO MANY things wrong with this issue of TIME.

67. Lily
    67 | May 10, 2012 9:15 pm

@ Peter:

Child porn for one. Disgusting. Children aren’t even sacred anymore, they are used to promote an agenda.

68. Brick
    68 | May 10, 2012 9:21 pm

On the topic of patience…

I was tested today and I passed. Waiting to get on the elevator there was a group of young hens chattering away in front of the elevator doors. As the doors opened, the chatter continued but they did not enter AND they were preventing me from entering. I pulled out a well-worn but polite, “Excuse me -- I’d like to get on.” They paused, stared at me for a moment, and parted. Just as the doors were closing, I stuck out my arm -- the doors bumped my arm and opened back up and I started my upward journey hoping the doors down there would mysteriously open, and they would all be swept into the shaft by an equally mysterious wind.

Not too many years ago, I would have just shark-weaved my way through them, stepping on as many exposed toes as possible. :)

Re-reading this, it seems to be more a story of self-discipline instead of patience, but what the hey.

69. Lily
    69 | May 10, 2012 9:23 pm

This says a whole lot…..

Immigrants From Former USSR Overwhelmingly Vote GOP: “The Republican Party Was The Party That Brought Them Out of Despair”…

70. Lily
    70 | May 10, 2012 9:26 pm

@ Brick:

Having manners is a virtue.

71. Brick
    71 | May 10, 2012 9:30 pm

Lily wrote:

@ Brick:
    Having manners is a virtue.

Why, thank you. :)

That reminds me, I’m running low and have to pick some more up this weekend.

72. Dolphin
    72 | May 10, 2012 9:38 pm

@ Lily:
    Coming back out of lurksom -- I agree, but being so absorbed in your BB/smart phone to pay attention to your actual task at hand is absurd. Get on the fricken elevator and get to your computer. There is nothing so important that can’t wait for the 30 sec ride up the elevator OR the 30 min drive in to work.

// rant off

// back to lurking -- lol (actually heading to bed soon)

73. 73 | May 10, 2012 9:38 pm

I remember being in a bus station in Albuquerque I think when some guy started talking about all his problems in life. I don’t remember the specifics but at the time I listened and tried to be sympathetic. What I really wanted to do was get back to the book I was reading but kept on listening. Then he talked about committing suicide. I mentioned that no matter how bad things get suicide is something that can’t be taken back and should be the last option. I asked about the people that would be hurt if he took that path. He didn’t really answer but he was thinking about it. I asked him to contact someone, any one one, before he took this step although I had no idea who he could turn to. Did this help? I have no idea, guy could have slit hi wrists as soon as I left, but I still consider this the best thing I’ve done with my time to date.

74. Lily
    74 | May 10, 2012 9:43 pm

@ Rancher:

You made him think. Sometimes that is all it takes for someone to change their mind on suicide. One day you will know the outcome.
    He probably really needed someone to listen to him and you did.

75. Lily
    76 | May 10, 2012 9:45 pm

@ Dolphin:

Dear heavens…these types of people would be lost if they were suddenly transported to the 70′s and 80′s.
    /so glad all that tech wasn’t around when I was a teenager.

76. Lily
    77 | May 10, 2012 9:49 pm

@ huckfunn:

Batten down the hatches!
    /I think I spelled all that right.

78 | May 10, 2012 9:52 pm

@ Lily:
    All hatches are battened. I really do love all of this rain we’re getting. By this time last year, we were already into a severe drought and didn’t get any rain until September. Everything is lush and green.

78. Dolphin
    79 | May 10, 2012 9:53 pm

@ huckfunn:
    Ah, crap. My aunt is going o have a rough night. She doesn’t need that right now.

@ Lily:
    Ditto. I loved my childhood (for the most part). All of my friends freaked when I told them we didn’t have a TV, but when I asked them if they had read xtz book (that was the current movie) most didn’t even know it was a book before it was a movie; and for the most part I had read the book a year or so before the movie release.

80 | May 10, 2012 9:55 pm

Dolphin wrote:

She in the Austin area?

80. Lily
    81 | May 10, 2012 9:56 pm

@ Dolphin:

I was a huge book-reader when I was younger. We had a TV black and white no A/C down here, but an attic fan. Whenever some topic came up and I said something about … my friends would go ‘how did you know that?’ I read a book about it. Don’t know how many times I said that.

81. Lily
    82 | May 10, 2012 9:57 pm

@ huckfunn:

Yeah Texas needs the rain …. that rain will hit here probably in the morning some time. It’s suppose to rain tomorrow here.

82. Dolphin
    83 | May 10, 2012 10:02 pm

@ huckfunn:
    Georgetown. She is still battling the affects of lung cancer.

83. Dolphin
    84 | May 10, 2012 10:07 pm

@ Lily:
    I still do it. Finished the Hunger Games trilogy a month or so ago. The books were so good, don’t care if I see the movies. That is usually how it happens.

84. Lily
    85 | May 10, 2012 10:13 pm

@ Dolphin:

I bought them but haven’t read them yet! Sometimes I see the movie first then read the book or read the book and see the movie.
    Now I saw ‘Jaws’ at the movie first..then I saw the book, bought it and wow completely different than the movie other than there was a killer shark and in the book…the big bad shark isn’t killed.

85. 86 | May 10, 2012 10:14 pm

@ huckfunn:

Check the headline!

87 | May 10, 2012 10:17 pm

Dolphin wrote:

@ huckfunn:
    Georgetown. She is still battling the affects of lung cancer.

Sorry to hear that. It must be a terrible burden to bear.

88 | May 10, 2012 10:24 pm

brookly red wrote:

doriangrey wrote:
    brookly red wrote:
    “there are 8 million stories in the Naked City… this I one of them”.
    Good God, put some cloth’s on that City, that’s just plain disgusting.

no one remembers that TV show?

Car 54 was more my speed. :grin:

88. Lily
    89 | May 10, 2012 10:25 pm

Wonder if bho will weigh in on this one…should be good the next couple of days..the gift that keeps on giving…

Biden To Students: “You Know You’re Spreading Socialism”…

89. Dolphin
    90 | May 10, 2012 10:28 pm

@ huckfunn:
    All tests say she in cured. But, she still has to do breathing treatments and she is single and lives alone. Aunt Barb is my moms youngest sister. Lost my mom when I was 18, my aunt became my secondary mom.

90. 91 | May 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Dolphin wrote:

Contact your county/city Emergency Manager just in case.

91. Lily
    92 | May 10, 2012 10:30 pm

@ Dolphin:

Prayers to your Aunt!

92. Dolphin
    93 | May 10, 2012 10:37 pm

@ Lily:
    The Hunger Games are a true entertainment series. I have to balance a lot of the history/politic books I listen to with some mind dead entertainment.

93. Dolphin
    94 | May 10, 2012 10:43 pm

Thank you.

@ Rancher:
    She is fine, storms have always freaked her out. More than likely she will spend the night in the bathroom. I went through my first hurricane with her.

Night all!