Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren’s race card was a real joker

by Speranza ( 158 Comments › )
Filed under Elections 2012, Multiculturalism, Political Correctness, Politics, Progressives at May 10th, 2012 - 8:00 am

Howie Carr makes a very interesting point – liberals support reverse discrimination because they and their kids will not be affected by it personally. Their kids are not going to become firemen, policemen, sanitation workers,  public school teachers,  teamsters, subway conductors, etc.  The diversity that they celebrate will never impact negatively on a Kennedy, Rockefeller, Bush, Gore, Edwards,  Clinton,  Obama, Kerry,  Warren,  Pelosi,  et al. Their kids will all get into the best schools as legacies. Ted Kennedy hired someone to take a Spanish test for him at Harvard – did he pay a price for it?

by Howie Carr

The Beautiful People still can’t figure out what all the fuss is about over Granny Warren’s family “lore.”

The other day, The Washington Post ran a lengthy story about the 62-year-old Oklahoman’s sputtering campaign. Would you care to guess how far down you had to read to find the first mention of the fake-Indian fiasco?

The 21st paragraph.

The problem the elites have understanding the power of this story is simple. They’ve never been passed over for a job they were qualified for because of some allegedly disadvantaged person who wasn’t.

Nobody ever leapfrogged over a moonbat’s kids into a good school because of the racial spoils system. As Michael Barone put it yesterday, the upper classes have no comprehension of the “rottenness” of this system. (And even if they did, it would be un-PC to bring it up).

[......]

Someone passed over for a job because he’s white? But Chauncy, don’t the ads always say “Equal Opportunity Employer”? Must be another of those anecdotes our eminently qualified governor Patrick is always talking about.

Liberals are all for affirmative action … in the police and fire departments, because they know their kids won’t be working there.

Oh sure, someone in the Harvard counseling office might sadly inform a young Trustafarian that he might have a problem getting into the law school. But then Someone who knows Someone picks up the phone and young Throckmorton suddenly bumps a kid from Quincy with higher LSAT’s who never knows what hit him, although he probably has his suspicions.

Guys grew up around here figuring they’d be the third, maybe even fourth-generation cop in their family. Now they’re pounding a beat … at the mall.

The racial spoils system doesn’t reduce the number of legacies in the freshman class, but it damn sure decimates the population of working-class whites and Asians. It’s as if the old white-shoe outfits have dusted off their old “No Irish Need Apply” signs. Only now they say, “Celebrate Diversity.”

Granny’s fellow multimillionaire academics may pooh-pooh it this summer on the Vineyard, but this is going to be a problem for Pinnochio-hantas. Nobody who ever lost out, or thinks they lost out, on a good school or job because somebody played the racial trump card on them is ever going to vote for that person.

[......]

Read the rest -  Granny Warren’s race card was a real joker

Tags: ,

Comments

158 Responses to “Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren’s race card was a real joker”

1. citizen_q
    1 | May 10, 2012 8:25 am

Eveyone who works in coporate america understands what is meant by “diversity”, and the perdioc indoctrination we are forced to endure.

2. mawskrat
    2 | May 10, 2012 8:26 am

white liberal elitist are the true
    racists. they keep up the lie that
    minorities can’t succeed unless they
    have thier support.

Walter Williams is all over this

3. mawskrat
    3 | May 10, 2012 8:30 am

try being employed by a public university

4. MikeA
    4 | May 10, 2012 8:35 am

@ citizen_q:

This is so true. We have these employee networking groups. Black, Hispanic, Women, LGBTXYZ… they are all about seperating us into groups. We are not just employees. When I applied for an internal job, I was told that since I was a minority, I filled one of the requirements but they couldn’t offer me the job cause they needed a woman to apply. She wouldn’t get the job but they needed to check the box. I said, just put me down as a black trans-gendered woman in a wheel chair and we are done… HR didn’t think it was funny.

5. citizen_q
    5 | May 10, 2012 8:39 am

mawskrat wrote:

try being employed by a public university

Been there.

I’ve even had support for diversity as an item in a performance review. Not applicable in my position as a technical person. It just ment that I was supposed to be happy as a technical person with someone being advanced or retained during layoffs not based on their skills or other qualities that got the job done, but if they were a member of preferred race or enthnicity.

6. 6 | May 10, 2012 8:44 am

It’s time to eliminate all racial tracking. Period. If people want to spend their time tracking their great-great-great grand-parentage, let them do it on their own time, but get government and institutions out of the ancestral blood tracking business. If it truly doesn’t matter, then delete the “race” column from all governmental and institutional spreadsheets; instead of a “national conversation about race”, let’s have a movement to “STFU about race”.

Hell, in a very short period of time, the smoker has become cultural personae non grata, why not those who pratter on as nauseum about race? Let’s just smugly shun them with a “tsk, tsk” and an annoyingly superior attitude. It’ll take a little time, but a lot less than you might think; The Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons are dinosaurs, let’s treat them as such and then watch them, in increasingly more vehement terms, defend their race business. Eventually, they’ll reveal themselves to the world as no more morally superior than the classic caricature of a late-50′s Mississippi Sheriff.

7. citizen_q
    7 | May 10, 2012 8:45 am

@ MikeA:
    Of course not, this employee balkinization and grevience is a major factor driving their staffing. Ever notice that HR is never impacted during right-sizings?

Other than on-bording and 1 question recently about a term I wanted clarified in our healthcare elections, I’ve never had to interact with HR. Too many people like me and it would be hard to justify HR’s staffing levels.

8. mawskrat
    8 | May 10, 2012 8:49 am

all these men have something in common
    but I just can’t figure it out/

Eight of the nine men convicted Tuesday as part Greater Manchester Police’s investigation into child sexual exploitation are seen here. Clockwise from top left: Abdul Aziz, Abdul Qayyum, Adil Khan, Hamid Safi, Abdul Rauf, Mohammed Sajid, Mohammed Amin and Kabeer Hassan

9. citizen_q
    9 | May 10, 2012 8:50 am

@ MacDuff:
    Doncha know, somehow being race and gender neutral is raaaacist.

Disagreeing with with the diversty industry is dangerous to your career.

10. MikeA
    10 | May 10, 2012 8:52 am

@ citizen_q:

Our HR dept is worthless. They do not care about the employee. Just want to make sure the company gets sued. I worked for a black woman who OPENLY favored other blacks. She would give them great ratings which would get them good raises and bonuses. once she left, the new manager rated them the way they should have been. When ever the diversity question comes up I always say… “Shouldn’t we hire the best person, regardless of race, etc..” I get weird looks.

11. citizen_q
    11 | May 10, 2012 8:52 am

@ mawskrat:
    They are all obviously victims of the white male dominated society. /

12. MikeA
    12 | May 10, 2012 8:53 am

@ mawskrat:

Amish?
    Methodist?
    Zen Buddhists?
    Studied under Master Yoda?

13. 13 | May 10, 2012 8:55 am

citizen_q wrote:

@ MikeA:

“HR” departments are the enforcement arm of progressively intrusive employment regulations. What used to be the “payroll department” has now become a leviathan that touches everything you do, at every moment of your day.

14. 14 | May 10, 2012 8:55 am

Testing new Av….

15. 15 | May 10, 2012 8:56 am

@ MacDuff:

Well said.

16. citizen_q
    16 | May 10, 2012 8:58 am

MikeA wrote:

@ citizen_q:

My old manager where I work was black. He figured out I was Jewish by name, and spent a majority of my time in my first review with him trying to manuerver me into adminting I was cheap by steering our conversation in odd ways to how I tried to save money on technical referances I used for work. He first brought up my faith, which I never talk about. Judiasm is not one of the diversities celebrated by the multi-culti crowd. In my experience quite the oppoosite.

17. 17 | May 10, 2012 9:00 am

@ MikeA:

About a decade ago I was passed over for a job that I was extremely qualified for because the company needed a woman to fill the position. They wound up hiring a woman straight out of school that they would spend the next several years training for the position just to check that diversity box. It irks me to this day.

18. mawskrat
    18 | May 10, 2012 9:08 am

@ MacDuff:

I was on the Contract Negotiations team for
    IUOE at the hospital/universty I worked at.
    the head of HR was a black women instead of her
    being the head of negotiations they brought in
    a bunch of lawyers for thier team.

not much confidence there>LOL

19. 19 | May 10, 2012 9:10 am

citizen_q wrote:

Multi-Culti is just racism by a different name; it’s a way to keep old divisions alive that, among “regular, walking around people” are dying from lack of interest.

20 | May 10, 2012 9:12 am

mawskrat wrote:

all these men have something in common
    but I just can’t figure it out/

Hmmmm….? Maybe they belong to some sort of ultra-violent pedophile cult. This one’s a toughie. I’ll bet the DOJ could figger it out.

21. 21 | May 10, 2012 9:13 am

@ MacDuff:

Multiculturalism is an oxymorn. All societies historically have been multicultural.

22. 22 | May 10, 2012 9:13 am

Ah, Indian Princess Sacabaloney… We had that rumor in my family as well, but I never believed it.

OTOH, there’s only one US Government officialy-recognized derivative language group. 5 bazzilion languages past and present, but only one of them gets official minority status.

23. 23 | May 10, 2012 9:18 am

mawskrat wrote:

I was on the Contract Negotiations team for
    IUOE at the hospital/universty I worked at.
    the head of HR was a black women instead of her
    being the head of negotiations they brought in
    a bunch of lawyers for thier team.

not much confidence there>LOL

HR Departments have become somewhat autonomous in that their main mission is compliance with flourishing government regulations, not with the overall success of the company for which they work. They’re direct government tentacles in every corporation in America and that’s precisely what the progressives want.

24 | May 10, 2012 9:20 am

In 1970, the girl who would become Mrs. Huckfunn (I’ll call her CM) applied for a job with the Texas Department of Daycare Licensing. The lady reviewing CM’s application and conducting the interview became noticeably excited when she saw that the place of birth for CM’s mother was San Juan Puerto Rico. However, it was a false alarm. CM’s mother is as white as can be. She was born in Puerto Rico because her parents were missionaries there.

25. citizen_q
    25 | May 10, 2012 9:23 am

MacDuff wrote:

Well said, especially so if the business does a lot of grabbermint work.

26 | May 10, 2012 9:23 am

Affirmative Action was initiated by the Nixon administration.

27 | May 10, 2012 9:26 am

mawskrat wrote:

all these men have something in common
    but I just can’t figure it out/

In America when we refer to Asian we generally mean East Asia -- Japan, Korea, China, Vietnam, Phillipines, etc. In Britain it is used instead of Pakistani, Bengali, i.e. Muslim.

28 | May 10, 2012 9:28 am

@ MacDuff:

There is a myth that Diversity leads to better things. Diversity is not bad of course but Shakespeare, Montaigne, Isaac Newton, Cervantes, Albert Einstein, Alexander Graham Bell, Gallileo, Freud, Leonardo Da Vinci etc. did not operate in multi culti environments and look what they achieved.

29 | May 10, 2012 9:30 am

huckfunn wrote:

Back in 1970 Texas was into the “multi cultural” nonsense?

30. m
    30 | May 10, 2012 9:31 am

@ mawskrat:

Worse even is the fact that it wasn’t stopped quicker from fear of being called raaaaacists.

*spit*

31 | May 10, 2012 9:32 am

Hey he committed a negligent manslaughter and how many times was he re-elected? You can say it cost him the presidency but Ted Kennedy would never become president even if Chappaquiddick never happened.

32. 32 | May 10, 2012 9:33 am

@ Speranza:

All societies have always been diverse, but not in the sense the Left means by diversity.

33. 33 | May 10, 2012 9:33 am

m wrote:

@ mawskrat:
    *spit*

They are the master race.

34 | May 10, 2012 9:33 am

m wrote:

@ mawskrat:
    *spit*

That term has lost a lot of its bite through over-and-misuse by the likes of the aging pasty faced creep over at Little Green Balls.

35. 35 | May 10, 2012 9:35 am

@ Speranza:

That Albino looking fatso now is friends with an Islamist.

36. m
    36 | May 10, 2012 9:35 am

Not quite, apparently.

Police and social workers were last night accused of failing to investigate an Asian paedophile gang for fear of being perceived as racist, allowing them to prey on up to 50 young white girls.

37 | May 10, 2012 9:36 am

@ Speranza:

For me, Diversity means Diversity of opinion not racial or religious diversity. Therefore American universities are the least diverse places in the nation. Yes Freud practiced in Vienna the heart of the Austro-Hungarian Empire with Austrians, Hungarians, Czechs, Slovaks, etc but they were all Europeans.

38. Mars
    38 | May 10, 2012 9:36 am

I remember in the 90′s under Klinton, when my squadron had to send a participant to a multi-cultural awareness meeting. I went ahead and volunteered and then proceeded to make things as difficult as possible.

The hardest part was explaining to people over and over that there was no such thing as reverse racism. Racism is racism is racism.
    No matter who the racist is.

39. MikeA
    39 | May 10, 2012 9:37 am

Not to go off topic and its somewhat on diversity…

Just picked up a new rifle yesterday. Got a nice DSA SA-58 16 inch carbine. Its a FN/FAL with a shorter barrel. Now I have to get to the range to try this sucker out.

Just trying to do my part for diversity.

40 | May 10, 2012 9:37 am

m wrote:

Not quite, apparently.

I read that at The Other McCain. Again they use “Asian” instead of Pakistani or Islamic.

41 | May 10, 2012 9:38 am

MikeA wrote:

Not to go off topic and its somewhat on diversity…
    Just trying to do my part for diversity.

The FN/FAL was the standard assault rifle for the IDF during the Six Day War.

42. m
    42 | May 10, 2012 9:38 am

@ Speranza:

They think people are too stupid to add it up. They are right in TOOOO many cases.

43 | May 10, 2012 9:38 am

Speranza wrote:

Back in 1970 Texas was into the “multi cultural” nonsense?

Yep. And it continued well into the 80′s. It’s interesting that when they backed off the forced diversity thing, genuine diversity really took off. Case in point. Michael Williams is running for Congressman of my district and he is who I will vote for. He was the first black member of the Texas Railroad Commission, long a bastion of mostly white, democrat males. The RRC is the state agency that regulates the oil and gas industry in Texas.

44. citizen_q
    44 | May 10, 2012 9:39 am

m wrote:

@ mawskrat:
    *spit*

Except this occurred in England which is already disarmed and cowed, you get the feeling that a hoped for side effect is people taking matters into their own hands as an excuse to wield ever more totalitarian control.

45 | May 10, 2012 9:40 am

m wrote:

@ Speranza:

They protect Muslims as if they are some endangered species. The British chattering classes make me sick.

46. mawskrat
    46 | May 10, 2012 9:40 am

@ m:

really damn sad

47 | May 10, 2012 9:42 am

citizen_q wrote:

There was a poll a few years ago in Britain where they had to list the nation which they felt was the greatest danger to world peace. Guess which nation “won” that title? Hint -- it is around the size of Wales.

48. 48 | May 10, 2012 9:42 am

Speranza wrote:

That’s why I think a “STFU about race” campaign would work -- people are just tired of race, a lot of people elected Obama because they thought that his election would force people to STFU about race. Alas, it’s had the opposite effect.

There needs to be bumper stickers, T-shirts, and entire STFU About Race campaign.

49. Mars
    49 | May 10, 2012 9:43 am

@ m:
    Asian? Seriously? I know it’s technically correct, but when people see that in their paper they think Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc. I guess the M word would have broken their poor minds.

50. citizen_q
    50 | May 10, 2012 9:43 am

m wrote:

Not quite, apparently.

I believe that they face job loss and real jail time if they are convicted of even raaaaasism in thought much less deed. Oh, and the jails are ruled by Islamic inmates.

51 | May 10, 2012 9:44 am

huckfunn wrote:

Dude, that is always the case. When the government backs off, people act in their best economic interests. People want to patronize talented people and they look past their skin color, ethnic background, and religion.

52 | May 10, 2012 9:45 am

Mars wrote:

@ m:

They deliberately use the term “Asian” in order for people to think it could be anyone -- Pakistani, Chinese, Korean, Indonesian, Malaysian, etc.

53. citizen_q
    53 | May 10, 2012 9:46 am

Israel of course.

The world hates living Jews. Especially ones who stand-up and defend themselves.

Besides hiding their Jew hatred behind anti-Zionism means they can ignore their shameful history against Jews.

54 | May 10, 2012 9:46 am

MacDuff wrote:

That’s why I think a “STFU about race” campaign would work – people are just tired of race, a lot of people elected Obama because they thought that his election would force people to STFU about race. Alas, it’s had the opposite effect.

The Democrats with their divide and rule strategy are too dependent on it.

55. Mars
    55 | May 10, 2012 9:47 am

@ MacDuff:
    There was in interview with Morgan Freeman where he basically said that about race. I didn’t agree with him on everything he said, but on that he was dead on. However, when he says the tea party is racist and opposition to O is racist, he kind of makes himself a hypocrite.

56. 56 | May 10, 2012 9:47 am

@ Speranza:

The Left has twisted the meaning of divesity.

57 | May 10, 2012 9:47 am

citizen_q wrote:

Israel of course.

Bingo! Can you imagine that -- in a world with Iran, Pakistan, Syria, North Korea, Communist China, -- Israel was called the greatest danger to world peace?

58. 58 | May 10, 2012 9:49 am

@ Speranza:

Republicans in recent years use it as well. They are not that innocent.

59 | May 10, 2012 9:50 am

Mars wrote:

@ MacDuff:

I saw that and was disappointed in him. He told Mike Wallace once that Black History Month is an insult and that American History was his history. However I guess he has allowed racial loyalty to be his new point of view.

60. Mars
    60 | May 10, 2012 9:51 am

@ citizen_q:
    Somewhere last year I read an article about racial crime classes, where in England they are actually sending people to what essentially amount to reeducation camps for racial insensitivity. But, I’ll be damned if I can find the article now.

61. 61 | May 10, 2012 9:51 am

@ Speranza:

Israel is the bogeyman of the moment. 20 years ago it was Serbia. Anyone who fights Islam or the Left becomes the bogeyman.

62 | May 10, 2012 9:51 am

@ Speranza:
    Republicans in recent years use it as well. They are not that innocent.

I mentioned that affirmative action was created by the Nixon administration in its Philadelphia Plan.

63. 63 | May 10, 2012 9:51 am

Speranza wrote:

MacDuff wrote:

The Democrats with their divide and rule strategy are too dependent on it.

The fact that it would completely erode their most effective strategy is an added bonus. This is an idea whose time has come; it’s good for our country and our national soul and it’s bad for the Leftist Racial Industrial Complex.

What’s not to like? Let’s STFU About Race!

64 | May 10, 2012 9:52 am

@ Speranza:

25 years ago it was South Africa.

65 | May 10, 2012 9:52 am

MacDuff wrote:

What’s not to like? Let’s STFU About Race!

I would love to see Black politicians adopt that slogan.

66 | May 10, 2012 9:54 am

Ward “Little Eichmann’s” Churchill and Elizabeth Warren both wish they were American Indians just like Charles Johnson wishes he were black.

67. Mars
    67 | May 10, 2012 9:55 am

@ Speranza:
    Yeah, but Israel hasn’t been out of the crosshairs since it was reestablished.
    Not to mention anti-semitism is at an all-time high. (Coincidence that it has increased in proportion to the world giving in to Islamists?)

68. 68 | May 10, 2012 9:56 am

I think mayhaps a new Blogmocracy award would be in order named for Elizabeth Warren. An award for the most dishonest political statement of the year. my nomination for names of this coveted award.
    The Elizabeth Warren;

fauxchohontis;

Pinocchiohontis;

spoutingbull;

talkingbull;

Award.

What say all of you?

69. 69 | May 10, 2012 9:56 am

@ Speranza:

I wasn’t referring to that. Elements of the GOP play racial games and demonize certain ethnic groups. I find it repulsive. I wish the GOP would stop enabling these bigots.

70 | May 10, 2012 9:56 am

Mars wrote:

@ Speranza:
    Yeah, but Israel hasn’t been out of the crosshairs since it was reestablished.

Sad but true, however “Palestine” now seems to be latest cause du jour for the radical chic.

71. mawskrat
    71 | May 10, 2012 9:57 am

I used to post on the BBC muslim board
    the PC was realy obvious there.

72 | May 10, 2012 9:57 am

@ Speranza:

There is a Nativist element however they are a tiny minority and yes they do have loud voices. I am not a Michelle Malkin fan.

73. 73 | May 10, 2012 9:58 am

@ Mars:

Oh I know, buts its worse now for Israel than ever. When Serbia was the bogeyman in the 90′s you really didn’t read much about Israel. It was the 2nd intifada in 2002, that Israel became this global evil villain.

74 | May 10, 2012 9:58 am

mawskrat wrote:

I used to post on the BBC muslim board
    the PC was realy obvious there.

You probably needed a shower after posting at that place.

75. 75 | May 10, 2012 9:59 am

@ Speranza:

They have disproportionate power and the GOP establishment bows and cowers to them. I wish they would go back to the Democratic Party where they belong.

76. citizen_q
    76 | May 10, 2012 9:59 am

@ Speranza:

And one favorite anti-semitic trope is that Jews control the media.

If that were so, we are doing a damn poor job of it.

77. 77 | May 10, 2012 10:00 am

@ citizen_q:

The Arab Muslims control the media.

78 | May 10, 2012 10:00 am

@ Mars:

During that dark period of 2001 -2002 when I feared that Israel was in the patrie en danger kind of peril under a relentless barrage of suicide bombings, I saw the blood lust by the Jew haters (Time Magazine, Newsweek Magazine, etc.) who crawled out of the sewers anticipating her fall. They should have launched Defensive Shield earlier and built that security fence in the 1990′s.

79. citizen_q
    79 | May 10, 2012 10:00 am

Speranza wrote:

mawskrat wrote:
    I used to post on the BBC muslim board
    the PC was realy obvious there.

You probably needed a shower after posting at that place.

Pretty much my reaction as well.

80. 80 | May 10, 2012 10:02 am

@ Speranza:

They should never had agreed to the Oslo accords.

81 | May 10, 2012 10:02 am

citizen_q wrote:

And one favorite anti-semitic trope is that Jews control the media.

The only type of Jews who are in the media are shits like the Sulzberger’s of The New York Times -- not exactly a pro Israel newspaper.

82. mawskrat
    82 | May 10, 2012 10:02 am

lets put it this way I was on permanent pre-mod there>LOL

83. 83 | May 10, 2012 10:02 am

@ Flyovercountry:

As I said, Sacabaloney.

84. citizen_q
    84 | May 10, 2012 10:02 am

BRB

Gotta see if I can get the wife, to help me shower. I will be so glad to get my hand out of bandages and the stitches out. I am rather independant, and chaff need help with personal needs.

85 | May 10, 2012 10:03 am

mawskrat wrote:

lets put it this way I was on permanent pre-mod there>LOL

Even The Daily Telegraph has gone Left (in my opinion).

86 | May 10, 2012 10:03 am

citizen_q wrote:

BRB

It is a bummer trying to shower when you are bandaged, stitched up or generally hobbled. Good luck.

87 | May 10, 2012 10:04 am

@ Speranza:
    They should never had agreed to the Oslo accords.

I completely agree. They resurrected the PLO which had been discredited since the late 1980′s early 1990′s.

88. 88 | May 10, 2012 10:06 am

@ Speranza:

You know who to thank for that. Saint Poppy!

89 | May 10, 2012 10:07 am

I gave $20 to help Scott Brown defeat that poseur Elizabeth Warren.

90. 90 | May 10, 2012 10:07 am

Flyovercountry wrote:

The Elizabeth Warren;
    fauxchohontis;
    Pinocchiohontis;
    spoutingbull;
    talkingbull;
    Award.
    What say all of you?

I vote for Assflapenitis: Which is technical jargon for talking out your ass…

91 | May 10, 2012 10:07 am

@ Speranza:
    You know who to thank for that. Saint Poppy!

Actually I blame Shimon Peres.

92 | May 10, 2012 10:08 am

Face it -- Scott Brown is as good as you can realistically get in Massachusetts.

93. 93 | May 10, 2012 10:10 am

Speranza wrote:

I would love to see Black politicians adopt that slogan.

I started a new webpage called STFU About Race! that I’ll be working on in the coming days. Call me crazy, but I think it’s an idea who’s time has come.

94. mawskrat
    94 | May 10, 2012 10:11 am

well I’m out to work the gardens
    G-d has blessed the Ohio valley today

95 | May 10, 2012 10:14 am

Elizabeth Warren with should have pow wow with
    Ward Churchill to pray to Great Spirit.
    Hey this guy Brown? Please, he’s not Brown, the guy is
    White. How about that?

96. 96 | May 10, 2012 10:16 am

@ mawskrat:

It is a beautiful day here, too. I am, of course, in the office, testing the fix I just made to a bug in our software. Joy. At least it beats the funemployment line. In the Obama Economy, any job is a good one…

97. 97 | May 10, 2012 10:18 am

How dare you insult the great economy under our divine and wise Pharaoh! Thinks are better than ever and we should all be grateful!
    ////

98 | May 10, 2012 10:20 am

@ mawskrat:

Nowadays any job is a good job. Thank you Barry Soetero for killing ambition!

99 | May 10, 2012 10:23 am

Elizabeth Warren with should have pow wow with
    Ward Churchill to pray to Great Spirit.
    Hey this guy Brown? Please, he’s not Brown, the guy is
    White. How about that?

A lot of Black guys named White (Roy White, Bill White -- baseball players) and White guys named Black (Jack Black -actor). Go figure. However there was a Rookie of the Year a relief pitcher named Joe Black for the 1952 Brooklyn Dodgers (15-4 and beat the Yankees as a starter in game 1 of the World Series) who was Black -- sometimes it works out right. lol

100. 100 | May 10, 2012 10:24 am

@ Speranza:

There are a lot of Blacks named Charles Johnson. There’s also a ghost like White guy name Charles Johnson who thinks he’s Black!

101 | May 10, 2012 10:25 am

MacDuff wrote:

Good luck with it as it is a worthy endeavor. Somehow I doubt that LGF, Daily Kos, TPM, Democratic Underground, will link to it though.

102 | May 10, 2012 10:25 am

@ Speranza:

Yes very confusing. There is a blogger named Charles Johnson who really needs to get out a bit more as he is a real pale face.

103 | May 10, 2012 10:26 am

@ Speranza:

A lot of Black guys named White (Roy White, Bill White – baseball players) and White guys named Black (Jack Black -actor). Go figure. However there was a Rookie of the Year a relief pitcher named Joe Black for the 1952 Brooklyn Dodgers (15-4 and beat the Yankees as a starter in game 1 of the World Series) who was Black – sometimes it works out right. lol

True & a lot of Christians are named Barack Hussein./

104 | May 10, 2012 10:26 am

True & a lot of Christians are named Barack Hussein./

A lot of Muslims named Hussein too.

105. 105 | May 10, 2012 10:29 am

T-Shirt, Bumper Stickers:

“We need to have a national conversation STFU on race”

106 | May 10, 2012 10:30 am

MacDuff wrote:

T-Shirt, Bumper Stickers:
    “We need to have a national conversation STFU on race”

The media would automatically denounce it as raaaaacist.

107. 107 | May 10, 2012 10:30 am

Speranza wrote:

True & a lot of Christians are named Barack Hussein./
    A lot of Muslims named Hussein too.

Heh heh… I think you missed the sarc tag on that one… :twisted:

108 | May 10, 2012 10:30 am

Speranza wrote:

True & a lot of Christians are named Barack Hussein./
    A lot of Muslims named Hussein too.

Right, but in the words of our President “There is no one
    more Irish than Barack Obama!”

109 | May 10, 2012 10:33 am

He is a celestial, ethereal figure belonging to humanity. /

110 | May 10, 2012 10:42 am

Speranza wrote:

He is a celestial, ethereal figure belonging to humanity. /

He is a lightworker who strides above us like a god./

111 | May 10, 2012 10:48 am

@ Speranza:

I was so happy when I got the bandages off my shoulder. That was really difficult to work around (and I don’t have a bathtub, just a shower).

112 | May 10, 2012 10:49 am

I had foot surgery last year and I had to wear this damn plastic covering every time I showered.

113 | May 10, 2012 10:50 am

Speranza wrote:
    He is a celestial, ethereal figure belonging to humanity. /

He is a lightworker who strides above us like a god./

He cannot be bothered by the mundane things like governing. He is more needed as a deep thinker, philosopher and shaman/guru.

114. citizen_q
    114 | May 10, 2012 10:51 am

@ Speranza:

Ugh! and at first thought I it was the vicodin making me a little queasy.

115 | May 10, 2012 10:52 am

@ Speranza:

At least you can do that with a hand or a foot. Kind of hard to put a bag over your shoulder (especially when it’s the one on your dominant side).

I suppose I could have taped a piece of plastic over it or something…

116. citizen_q
    116 | May 10, 2012 10:54 am

@ Speranza:

It’s a bit of a pain, but the wife is a good sport about helping.

Bandges come off and stitches out if all is well Monday.

117. citizen_q
    117 | May 10, 2012 10:56 am

Pretty nurse…… sponge bath?…. :-)

118 | May 10, 2012 10:57 am

See, you get it. He operates at a different etherial
    level. He occupies a place with the pantheon on Olympus,
    the first among equals.
    It is miraculous indeed that he finds time to do his
    March Madness Brackets or attend games at Olde Kaminsky
    Stadium.

119 | May 10, 2012 10:58 am

Intellectual honesty claims another victim.

Chronicle of Higher Education Fires Commentator Ripping Black Studies Theses

On Monday of this week, the Chronicle of Higher Education, a weekly publication that is a source of news, jobs, and information for faculty members and administrators across the country, fired Naomi Schaefer Riley, a regular contributor and former Wall Street Journal editor, for daring to point out that dissertations by five Ph.D candidates in Black Studies were “obscure at best . . . a collection of left-wing victimization claptrap at worst.”

Victimhood is, indeed, sacred.

120 | May 10, 2012 10:59 am

citizen_q wrote:

Pretty nurse…… sponge bath?….

My apartment didn’t come with one of those.

121 | May 10, 2012 11:02 am

@ citizen_q:

Ugh! and at first thought I it was the vicodin making me a little queasy

That is a common side effect.
    My I suggest some medicinal marjuana & crank
    Stairway to Heaven.

122 | May 10, 2012 11:05 am

Orangutans at Miami Zoo Use iPads to Communicate

The iPad is by far the most adored tablet in the human world. The numbers speak for themselves. But what you may not know is that members of the animal kingdom dig the 9.7-inch tablet too — particularly a clan of six orangutans at the Miami Zoo.

At the Miami Zoo’s Jungle Island, handlers are interacting with orangutans using the iPad. The apes use the tablet to identify items they’re familiar with, and express their wants and needs. This is done primarily through an app designed for autistic children that displays an array of object images onscreen.

“We’ll ask them to identify ‘Where’s the coconut?’, and they’ll point it out,” Linda Jacobs, who oversees the Jungle Island program, told Wired. “We want to build from that and give them a choice in what they have for dinner — show them pictures of every vegetable we have available that day, and let them pick, giving them the opportunity to have choices.”

Orangutans are very intelligent, but lack voice boxes and vocal cords, which can make communication difficult. Up until now, zoo keepers have been using sign language to communicate with them. Using the iPad gives the orangutans another form of communication with humans, provides them with mental stimulation, and also gives those who don’t know sign language a chance to interact with humans.

How long before orangutans get affirmative action preference for IT jobs?

123. 123 | May 10, 2012 11:09 am

How long before orangutans get affirmative action preference for IT jobs?

MUST.NOT.COMMENT.ABOUT.POTUS….. :twisted:

124. citizen_q
    124 | May 10, 2012 11:12 am

Whoooo Hooooo! —-- Holding lit bic lighter aloft in my good handlobo91 wrote:

How long before orangutans get affirmative action preference for IT jobs?

Being non-caucasian they don’t already? /

This is bad for apple. I want a operation system more sophisticated that one operabele by a lower primate. /

I was wondering where all that movon.org spam was coming from.

125 | May 10, 2012 11:14 am

@ Bumr50:

Victimhood is, indeed, sacred.

And it is a growth industry & very lucrative.
    Milwaukee has something called “The Black Holocaust
    Museum” I assume that it chronicles slavery in
    Wisconsin./

126 | May 10, 2012 11:15 am

See, you get it. He operates at a different etherial
    level. He occupies a place with the pantheon on Olympus,
    the first among equals.
    It is miraculous indeed that he finds time to do his
    March Madness Brackets or attend games at Olde Kaminsky
    Stadium.

Since we are unworthy of his divinity he should not lower himself by being our president therefore he should step down.

127 | May 10, 2012 11:15 am

And it is a growth industry & very lucrative.
    Milwaukee has something called “The Black Holocaust
    Museum” I assume that it chronicles slavery in
    Wisconsin./

Good grief is that true?

128 | May 10, 2012 11:16 am

Whoooo Hooooo! —– Holding lit bic lighter aloft in my good hand

It’s like a Reggae Party, mon!

129 | May 10, 2012 11:18 am

Exactly!

I said a long time ago that we should buy an island and appoint it, then anoint him Emperor of the Universe and put him there.

Whatever it would cost, it would be pennies when compared to the economic consequences of his policies.

Promise him we’ll run everything by him before we do it, or something…

130 | May 10, 2012 11:19 am

I made up the slavery in Wisconsin part. But yes,
    Milwaukee has a Black Holocaust Museum.

131 | May 10, 2012 11:22 am

@ Speranza:

He is sluming in that job, far beneath his abilities.
    Perhaps we should have a Barack Obama History Month.

132 | May 10, 2012 11:25 am

He is sluming in that job, far beneath his abilities.
    Perhaps we should have a Barack Obama History Month.

We should rename the month of his birth (August?) as Barack.

133 | May 10, 2012 11:26 am

I made up the slavery in Wisconsin part. But yes,
    Milwaukee has a Black Holocaust Museum.

Pretty sick. If there were any black Holocausts it was committed in Africa by other blacks.

134 | May 10, 2012 11:26 am

Speranza wrote:

He is sluming in that job, far beneath his abilities.
    Perhaps we should have a Barack Obama History Month.
    We should rename the month of his birth (August?) as Barack.

Brilliant! I can really get behind that.

135 | May 10, 2012 11:27 am

Bumr50 wrote:

Exactly!
    Promise him we’ll run everything by him before we do it, or something…

Just make him U.N. Secretary General and watch the Nobel Peace Prize winner work his magic.

136. 136 | May 10, 2012 11:29 am

@ Speranza:

Rwanda comes immediately to mind.

137 | May 10, 2012 11:32 am

I just got an email from a cousin who is not on board
    with our Obama, not very enlightened./
    He claims that Michelle Obama surrendered her law license
    in 1993 & BHO did the same in 2008.
    Anybody know anything about that?

138 | May 10, 2012 11:33 am

@ Speranza:
    Rwanda comes immediately to mind.

A fine example of the true value of the United Nations… :evil:

139. 139 | May 10, 2012 11:34 am

@ Speranza:
    Rwanda comes immediately to mind.

You do know that Eric Holder and the Department of Just-Us is sending DHS Brown Black shirts to round you two up and haul you off to the nearest William Ayer’s Memorial Community Reeducation and Conservative Elimination Facility right this moment, right? (don’t forget to bring your own potato… :shock: )

140 | May 10, 2012 11:35 am

@ Speranza:
    Rwanda comes immediately to mind.

I was thinking of Rwanda and Darfur.

141. 141 | May 10, 2012 11:35 am

I just got an email from a cousin who is not on board
    with our Obama, not very enlightened./
    He claims that Michelle Obama surrendered her law license
    in 1993 & BHO did the same in 2008.
    Anybody know anything about that?

ROTFLMAO… They did not surrender them, they we disbarred.

142 | May 10, 2012 11:36 am

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

@ Speranza:
    Rwanda comes immediately to mind.

A fine example of the true value of the United Nations…

The Useless Nations.

143 | May 10, 2012 11:39 am

Ya got that right. A Useless Notion if ever there was one. :twisted:

144 | May 10, 2012 11:39 am

ROTFLMAO… They did not surrender them, they we disbarred

In Illinois you get the chance to “voluntarily” surrender
    your law license to avoid disbarment.
    It is a difference without meaning, but it affords cover
    of a sort.

145. citizen_q
    145 | May 10, 2012 11:40 am

doriangrey wrote:

I just got an email from a cousin who is not on board
    with our Obama, not very enlightened./
    He claims that Michelle Obama surrendered her law license
    in 1993 & BHO did the same in 2008.
    Anybody know anything about that?

ROTFLMAO… They did not surrender them, they we disbarred.

No Kidding?

146 | May 10, 2012 11:41 am

In Illinois you get the chance to “voluntarily” surrender
    your law license to avoid disbarment.

Like rogue prosecutor (Durham University Lacrosse team fake “rape” case) Mike Nifong in North Carolina.

147 | May 10, 2012 11:43 am

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

@ Speranza:
    Ya got that right. A Useless Notion if ever there was one.

Not only “useless” but actually dangerous to world peace.

148. 148 | May 10, 2012 11:45 am

New Thread.

149 | May 10, 2012 11:50 am

The US out of the UN and the UN out of the US!

150 | May 10, 2012 11:51 am

The UN had Nazi war criminal Kurt Waldheim as Secretary General.

151. 151 | May 10, 2012 11:54 am

citizen_q wrote:

doriangrey wrote:
    I just got an email from a cousin who is not on board
    with our Obama, not very enlightened./
    He claims that Michelle Obama surrendered her law license
    in 1993 & BHO did the same in 2008.
    Anybody know anything about that?
    ROTFLMAO… They did not surrender them, they we disbarred.

No Kidding?

Nope… She lost her’s for committing extortion, he lost his for committing perjury. (ok, he lied on his bar exam)

Michelle Obama Loses Law License For Extortion!

Michelle Obama Loses Law License

Did you know that our First Lady Michelle Obama lost her law license back in 1993? Oh sure I knew that, “NOT.” Sure, I saw this on the front page of the New York Times during the elections of 2008, “NOT.” I’ve listed below from the State of Illinois’s website of the court action against Michelle forcing her to give up her license. It’s understood that in the box attacked below under Malpractice Insurance – “No malpractice report required as attorney is under court order inactive status.”
    In other words Michelle was under court order to give up her license and is not allowed to practice law in Illinois, period. I hate to use this word but its “rumored” that she was extorting clients. Again, it’s “rumored!” It’s also “rumored” that our President Barack Obama may have been disciplined for not divulging other names that he has used in the past. That really concerns me. He also has an inactive Illinois license to practice law (listed below).
    This is so unfortunate for the Obama’s, after all they are our first family and he is the first black/white President of the United States but I can’t stop thinking that this guy and his wife are not who they say they are. They don’t seem to uphold the integrity of our past first families, yes, even Richard Nixon for all you lefties out there.
    The more I find on the Obamas, the more I feel that the FBI when doing their background check must have been sleeping at the switch. My research is finding reputable sources disclosing many of their past discretion’s and questionable acquaintances.
    Obamas background is questionable enough but do we now have to worry about his wife, also? My god do we have a den of thieves living in the White House?
    If you want to check yourself, here is the link and just search under “Obama.” Bingo!

152 | May 10, 2012 12:01 pm

They’re like Bonnie & Clyde only with less class.

153. yenta-fada
    153 | May 10, 2012 12:04 pm

They’re like Bonnie & Clyde only with less class.

Money runs Chicago. Money runs Washington. Lack of a moral compass is an ACHIEVEMENT. Lack of class is a bonus.

154 | May 10, 2012 12:07 pm

They’re like Bonnie & Clyde only with less class.

The First Wookiee and her pet Orc suck the class out of everything they touch… :twisted:

155 | May 10, 2012 12:08 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

They’re like Bonnie & Clyde only with less class.

It is impossible to underestimate Obamas ethics.
    Fast & Furious should be enough alone to toss them out.

156 | May 10, 2012 12:09 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

The First Wookiee and her pet Orc suck the class out of everything they touch

True

157. citizen_q
    157 | May 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Our first family of sleeze.

158. 158 | May 11, 2012 10:10 am

@ mawskrat:

Well, sort of.

The reason I have not been blogging much lately is that I am working 7 days a week. One of the stores in our chain is being closed, so I am working part of the time at the liquidation sale and the rest of the time at the store where I usually work.

I am still not making much money -- just over minimum wage -- but it’s the best I can do for the time being. :(