Always Come Prepared

by Bunk X ( 106 Comments › )
Filed under Humor, OOT, Open thread at May 22nd, 2012 - 11:00 pm

[via]
Bizarre day today. Got cussed out by a Vietnamese lady in her 60s who wanted to buy me beer at the local 7-11 if I would force the manager behind the counter to let her use the employees’ restroom. He refused – he knows her and she’s nuts – and directed her to the gas station across the street.

Then she demanded I drive her across town. When I declined she threatened to call the police and her lawyer. She quieted down once I told her that I was in a hurry to get home, because I had to put up The Overnight Open Thread.

Tags: , ,

Comments

106 Responses to “Always Come Prepared”

1 | May 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Looks like Bob still has a thing or two to learn about alligator surfing… :grin:

2. Mars
    2 | May 22, 2012 11:26 pm

Carry over from previous thread.

Here’s a Republican who should lose his job. This is the crap dems do, what the hell is this morons malfunction?

Oh and in Who Gives a Damn News, Alec Baldwin had another moronic meltdown and declared that liars and thieves like Bush will be back in WH if O loses.

(Someone remind me again what President and his wife, stole everything that wasn’t nailed down from the WH when they left?)

3 | May 22, 2012 11:28 pm

Bunk! :lol:

4. mfhorn
    4 | May 22, 2012 11:34 pm

Huffpo: Keystone would result in higher gas prices

Yeah, like I’m going to believe any report put out by the NRDC.

5. Mars
    5 | May 22, 2012 11:39 pm

@ mfhorn:
    Yeah, that flies in the face of every estimate I’ve read. I’m guessing NRDC is an enviro group. We have the NPRC up here, which exists for one reason, the governor signs something to help industry, then hands it over to the NPRC to tell us why it’s environmentally dangerous to do it, and the project gets cancelled.

6. mfhorn
    6 | May 22, 2012 11:48 pm

@ Mars:

NRDC=National Resources Defense Council

7. Mars
    7 | May 22, 2012 11:54 pm

@ mfhorn:
    Saw that, are they an official agency, or a nut group with and official sounding name? For some reason I just can’t be bothered to google it, lol.

8 | May 22, 2012 11:56 pm

Mars wrote:

official sounding name?

National Wildlife Federation!

A federation of WHAT…?

9. 9 | May 23, 2012 12:21 am

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    When the party invitation says wear gators, wear gators. When the invite says wear crocs, ignore it and just show up.

10. 10 | May 23, 2012 12:22 am

waldensianspirit wrote:

Bunk!

WHAT? :D

11. 11 | May 23, 2012 12:28 am

Bunk X wrote:

waldensianspirit wrote:
    Bunk!

WHAT?

Fuck you, that’s what…. j/k :twisted:

12 | May 23, 2012 12:36 am

doriangrey wrote:

Bunk X wrote:
    waldensianspirit wrote:
    Bunk!
    WHAT?

Fuck you, that’s what…. j/k

language….please.

13. AZfederalist
    13 | May 23, 2012 12:36 am

Mars wrote:

Couple or three leftist goofballs with a logo and a fax machine website.

14. 14 | May 23, 2012 12:36 am

Jeez, the whole day has been odd, and now there’s another F-U. The cat told me to “OPEN THE GODDAMN DOOR ASSWIPE” a short while ago, ran onto the patio and chomped a gopher. She got pissed off again when I wouldn’t let her bring it into the house. Then the neighbor lady called up, said her printer wasn’t working. I went over and turned it off and back on, and it worked. Then there was oddness on Twitter… Y’all be careful out there.

15. 15 | May 23, 2012 12:37 am

Fuckoff. :D

16 | May 23, 2012 12:39 am

Bunk X wrote:

Fuckoff.

i will take that under advisement

17. 17 | May 23, 2012 12:41 am

Czech Yinzbox while I fuckon.

18. AZfederalist
    18 | May 23, 2012 12:42 am

Bunk X wrote:

Then there was oddness on Twitter… Y’all be careful out there.

Really? How so?

19. 19 | May 23, 2012 12:46 am

doriangrey wrote:
    Bunk X wrote:
    waldensianspirit wrote:
    Bunk!
    WHAT?
    Fuck you, that’s what…. j/k

language….please.

Ouch… :oops:

20 | May 23, 2012 12:47 am

@ Mars:

Republican Assemblyman Jim Conte said the legislation would cut down on “mean-spirited and baseless political attacks” and “turns the spotlight on cyberbullies by forcing them to reveal their identity.”

“Mean-spirited and baseless political attacks”?

You mean like blaming Romney for something that happened 2 years after he left Bain Capital?

21 | May 23, 2012 12:47 am

good night

22. 22 | May 23, 2012 12:48 am

doriangrey wrote:
    Bunk X wrote:
    waldensianspirit wrote:
    Bunk!
    WHAT?
    Fuck you, that’s what…. j/k

language….please.

Here… Look at the pretty pictures…

23 | May 23, 2012 12:50 am

@ Mars:
    No more Batman and Spiderman then. They are a form of anonymous speech.

OT: News about teacher wanting to arrest student for dissing Obama

people try to downplay the stupidity here, but it should be intensified where possible.

24. 24 | May 23, 2012 12:51 am

25 | May 23, 2012 12:52 am

I am so looking forward to this day ending.

I didn’t get home from my physical therapy appointment until almost 10pm, and I had to get up at 3:30 this morning. This new assignment is killing me.

26. 26 | May 23, 2012 12:53 am

I am so looking forward to this day ending.

Well, when it does, can I have your house in Colorado? :twisted:

27 | May 23, 2012 12:56 am

@ darkwords:

The union must be so proud of that ignorant bitch…

28 | May 23, 2012 12:56 am

As long as you make the payments…

29. 29 | May 23, 2012 1:03 am

@ AZfederalist:
    A lot came down in the past few days/weeks/month/years, and it’s still rolling.

30. Mars
    31 | May 23, 2012 1:06 am

@ darkwords:
    Seriously, who needs Dems with Republicans like that assclown.

Night all.

32 | May 23, 2012 1:08 am

since i have that on vinyl can i listen to that here?

33 | May 23, 2012 1:10 am

night y’all

33. 34 | May 23, 2012 1:10 am

since i have that on vinyl can i listen to that here?

Nope… since you have it on vinyl, you aren’t legally allowed to listen to it anywhere… :razz:

34. Mars
    35 | May 23, 2012 1:15 am

@ Bunk X:
    I hadn’t heard about this situation other than noticing the name popping up all over the place. After reading that article, and doing some more research I’ve got to thinking.

I’ve always wondered if Soros had a hitman, this guy sure seems to fit the bill.

35. 36 | May 23, 2012 1:17 am

doriangrey wrote:

Well, when it does, can I have your house in Colorado?

Sure. Greeley is nice this time of year

37 | May 23, 2012 1:18 am

37. 39 | May 23, 2012 1:27 am

@ Mars:
    The more you read the more bizarre it becomes. There’s a guy with a jazzy magical ponytail who is involved as well, and he’s been spotted covering his twittracks.

38. AZfederalist
    40 | May 23, 2012 1:40 am

@ Bunk X:

OK, yeah, bizarre stuff.

39. 41 | May 23, 2012 1:42 am

Bunk X wrote:

@ Mars:

Well their certainly isn’t anything bizarre about the jazzy magical ponytail choosing to support the criminal’s side, in fact it would really only be bizarre if the jazzy magical ponytail had actually chosen to support the correct side.

40. 42 | May 23, 2012 1:44 am

Read the links. It’s more than inane internet heckling.

41. 43 | May 23, 2012 1:53 am

Bunk X wrote:

Read the links. It’s more than inane internet heckling.

I know. I know what this is about, but like I said, the jazzy magical ponytail always seems to make the worst possible decisions, it seems to be in his DNA.

42. 44 | May 23, 2012 1:54 am

I became interested only because I signed up to Twitter, not to tweet, but as a joke, just to find out how many followers I could get with absolutely no tweets, no content. Then I found out that that when I looked a some Twitterer’s timelines, I was blocked, without ever having contacted them, and I found a list with my name on it.

43. 45 | May 23, 2012 2:05 am

Bunk X wrote:

Meh, I have zero interests in Tweeting, it’s just the newest version of an ancient technology known as Instant messaging, which I burned out on 10 years ago.

44. Aussie Infidel
    46 | May 23, 2012 2:31 am

This you HAVE to see. Someone left the asylum door open again.

45. Aussie Infidel
    47 | May 23, 2012 2:32 am

Just click on it above to see the video

46. 48 | May 23, 2012 2:50 am

No, you’re wrong on that one. The problem with Twitter is that it’s addictive and permanent.

49 | May 23, 2012 2:53 am

@ Aussie Infidel:

I love it when they put those memes out there about Fox News and its supposed inaccuracies, based on what some “study” written by another academic scam artist says.

It’s funny how they never seem to be able to cite any actual examples of incorrect information put out in their reporting. You’d think that it would be a simple task, if they’re actually so bad.

On the other hand, I can cite lots of inaccurate stories put out by CNN. Operation Tailwind, anyone?

48. Guggi
    50 | May 23, 2012 2:55 am

I gues I’m speking to myself but has anyone seen this yet ?

Four agents challenge Secret Service over Cartagena dismissals

Four Secret Service employees have decided to fight their dismissals for engaging in inappropriate conduct in Colombia last month, a development that could unravel what has been a swift and tidy resolution to an embarrassing scandal over agents’ hiring of prostitutes.

The agents are arguing the agency is scapegoating them for behavior that the Secret Service has long tolerated, a charge Director Mark Sullivan may have to address when he appears before a Senate committee Wednesday. He has not yet spoken in public about the controversy, but according to his prepared testimony, he plans to tell Congress there was no breach of operational security.

(…)

(eam)

51 | May 23, 2012 3:02 am

@ Guggi:

Current and former agency employees say sexual encounters during official travel had been condoned under an unwritten code that allows what happens on the road to stay there.

While that may be (and probably is) true, it doesn’t change the fact that they violated the actual written code of conduct they’re supposed to follow. The agency clearly has some issues, but I doubt that it’s going to help those guys keep their jobs.

Besides which, the Secret Service is a pretty small agency. Even if some judge orders them to be reinstated, their careers are finished. They can look forward to stuff like doing advance work in Alaska in the dead of winter.

50. Guggi
    52 | May 23, 2012 3:09 am

They’d fully deserve it :-)

Does anyone know what happened to Maj.Gen. Peter Fuller ? I can’t find word that he retired but also no information where he is assigned now. Did he return to his old position ?

53 | May 23, 2012 3:19 am

@ Guggi:

He’s probably assigned to a non-existent job at the Pentagon while they get his retirement paperwork ready.

A general officer who’s been relieved is finished in the military.

52. Guggi
    54 | May 23, 2012 3:27 am

A general officer who’s been relieved is finished in the military.

Analyzing his “politico” interview I’m convinced that he was fully aware of what he was doing/saying and which consequences that would have for his career (others than the McChrystal/Rolling Stone case)

55 | May 23, 2012 3:35 am

@ Guggi:

Probably.

Maybe he was just tired of the bullshit.

54. Guggi
    56 | May 23, 2012 3:45 am

Maybe he was just tired of the bullshit.

This wouldn’t contradict my conviction that he was fully aware off what he did. Honestly, I respect this man and usually I’ve no good opinion about generals in general and their ability to show backbone. Most of them are career opportunists.

55. Guggi
    57 | May 23, 2012 3:46 am

Guggi wrote:

Most of them are career opportunists.

In every military of the world.

56. 58 | May 23, 2012 5:35 am

Morning everyone. Haven’t linked pictures here for awhile. Couple of weeks at least. Lots of stuff going on and not enough hours in the day. Here’s a portion of my 365 project that I am working on.

57. Guggi
    59 | May 23, 2012 5:54 am

@ PaladinPhil:

I’ll never eliminate smoking from MY life, never, ever.

60 | May 23, 2012 6:33 am

@ PaladinPhil:

I’ve been watching…looking great!

61 | May 23, 2012 6:34 am

@ PaladinPhil:
    @ Bumr50:

Your Flikr. Not you. That would be creepy…

62 | May 23, 2012 6:50 am

Good morning, the Dems are increasing the TSA Security
    fees at the airport from $2.50 to $5.00.
    So, we will soon pay double for the privlege of being groped.

63 | May 23, 2012 6:52 am

@ 51 lobo91: Do they think they are NBA starts? c’mon.

64 | May 23, 2012 6:54 am

I wish MSM sports journalists would just not talk about hockey at all rather than pretend like they pay attention during the playoffs. They just sound like complete idiots to hockey fans.

65 | May 23, 2012 6:58 am

@ Bumr50: i used to laugh at Don Cherry. He didn’t seem to fit into an msm jacket. i only followed hockey in the Gretzky years, but i thought seeing hockey in person was one of the most exciting sports events.

66 | May 23, 2012 7:02 am

Colin Powell is making the rounds on TV.
    He is not yet prepared to make a presidential
    endorsement.
    The suspense is killing me!/

67 | May 23, 2012 7:08 am

Tool.

66. 68 | May 23, 2012 7:09 am

PaladinPhil wrote:

Smoking’s a tough one but doable; do some research on Chantix, it may be helpful. I’m at 16 months and now I’m working on losing the 30 pounds I’ve added after quitting smoking -- it’s always something……

69 | May 23, 2012 7:11 am

Obama had a bad day yesterday,
    In the Kentuky Primary he got 58%, but uncommittrd
    got 42%!
    In Arkansas Obama got 59%, but an attorney named Wolf
    from Tennessee got 41!

70 | May 23, 2012 7:14 am

He’s got a REAL problem with rank-and-file Dems.

71 | May 23, 2012 7:16 am

In the Kentuky Primary he got 58%, but uncommittrd
    got 42%!

I think Uncommitted is the cousin of Unnamed Republican…

70. 72 | May 23, 2012 7:16 am

Colin Powell is making the rounds on TV.
    He is not yet prepared to make a presidential
    endorsement.
    The suspense is killing me!/

It would seem that people in his position would be immune from faux intellectualism and the urge to “stick with the black guy” but he’s apparently not. At this point anyone who actually sees accomplishment in this administration is either being paid to do do, or is willfully blind.

73 | May 23, 2012 7:17 am

Bumr50 wrote:

He’s got a REAL problem with rank-and-file Dems.

He does.

74 | May 23, 2012 7:18 am

One thing’s for sure -- the public’s opinion of their politicians is in the commode.

75 | May 23, 2012 7:19 am

I think Uncommitted is the cousin of Unnamed Republican

Yeah, those are protest votes. If they cared enough
    to show up for the primary & vote the way they did,
    they will not be voting for Obama.

74. 76 | May 23, 2012 7:22 am

Top o’ da mornin’, RIX!

75. 77 | May 23, 2012 7:22 am

Top o’ da mornin’ to all!

78 | May 23, 2012 7:24 am

He’s always known it, I think.

Hence the “bitter-clinger” remarks and such.

79 | May 23, 2012 7:26 am

@ MacDuff:

Powell is being disingenuous. He said this morning that his
    selection last time was based on all of the “smart”
    people surrounding Obama.
    “I looked at McCain & all I saw was Joe the Plummer”
    Sounds a little elitist, huh?
    At the end of the day he chose racial solidarity over
    a “Thirty year friend.”
    He’ll probably do it again.

80 | May 23, 2012 7:28 am

Bumr50 wrote:

He’s always known it, I think.
    Hence the “bitter-clinger” remarks and such.

But it was kind of stupid that he said it about people
    in Pennsylvania, that is a swing state.
    He is not really all that bright.

81 | May 23, 2012 7:33 am

I think he hates that segment of his party and probably views them as a dying breed as Progressivism further becomes the new norm (not that it isn’t already.)

I think he was talking more about that “type” of Democrat than anyone else, and that PA was purely an example.

80. Guggi
    82 | May 23, 2012 7:35 am

The public trial of Justice Roberts

Novelist John Grisham could hardly spin a more provocative fiction: The president and his surrogates mount an aggressive campaign to intimidate the chief justice of the United States, implying ruin and ridicule should he fail to vote in a pivotal case according to the ruling political party’s wishes.

If only it were fiction.

(…)

83 | May 23, 2012 7:42 am

Cory Booker stepped on a rhetorical landmine with his five-minute lapse into unfiltered commentary.

82. 84 | May 23, 2012 7:43 am

@ Guggi:

I hope Chief Justice Roberts holds the line, along with Associate Justices Scalia, Alito, Thomas, and Kennedy, and tell Обама and his cohorts in no uncertain terms what to go do with themselves.

83. mawskrat
    85 | May 23, 2012 7:43 am

“Always Come Prepared”

Man arrested for drunk driving after taking zebra, parrot on a trip to a bar

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/23/man-arrested-for-drunk-driving-after-taking-zebra-parrot-on-trip-to-bar/#ixzz1vgwlI5jT

84. 86 | May 23, 2012 7:45 am

Good morning, the Dems are increasing the TSA Security
    fees at the airport from $2.50 to $5.00.
    So, we will soon pay double for the privlege of being groped.

And still there is no K-Y Jelly to help ease the discomfort….

85. Guggi
    87 | May 23, 2012 7:47 am

Macker wrote:

@ Guggi:

This is really scary.

86. 88 | May 23, 2012 7:48 am

They discount the record of failure yet, in the same breath, tout the “smart people” in the administration. “Smart is as smart does”.

87. 89 | May 23, 2012 7:51 am

mawskrat wrote:

“Always Come Prepared”

Man arrested for drunk driving after taking zebra, parrot on a trip to a bar

Great setup for a joke…….terrible punch line. :D

90 | May 23, 2012 7:54 am

@ MacDuff:

I wonder if he was charging for the pix…

If he wasn’t drunk, would the show have gone on?

89. 91 | May 23, 2012 7:54 am

@ mawskrat:

Idiot. He should have let the zebra drive…

90. 92 | May 23, 2012 8:02 am

Mike C. wrote:

@ mawskrat:

Idiot. He should have let the zebra drive…

:D

91. 93 | May 23, 2012 8:03 am

@ Mike C.:
    And let the parrot do all the talking…

94 | May 23, 2012 8:16 am

@ Bumr50:

Yeah, he carried PA anyway.

95 | May 23, 2012 8:18 am

MacDuff wrote:

Top o’ da mornin’, RIX!

Mac, right back at ya.May the road rise to meet
    you, may the wind be always at your back…….
    Oh never mind, good morning.

94. 96 | May 23, 2012 8:20 am

Bumr50 wrote:

@ MacDuff:

I wonder if he was charging for the pix…

If he wasn’t drunk, would the show have gone on?

I don’t think a story that begins with “taking the parrot and zebra for a ride to the bar” can have a good ending.

95. 97 | May 23, 2012 8:21 am

MacDuff wrote:

Top o’ da mornin’, RIX!

Mac, right back at ya.May the road rise to meet
    you, may the wind be always at your back…….
    Oh never mind, good morning.

……and may he be an hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead!

98 | May 23, 2012 8:21 am

MacDuff wrote:

If you watched FNC this morning, you saw Colin Powell
    twist himself into a pretzel defending BHO, while
    saying that he is not ready to endorse.
    Every time they served him a question, he ran around
    his back hand to return it.
    Who really cares who Powell endorses? He lost his cred
    in 08.

99 | May 23, 2012 8:24 am

@ MacDuff:
    ……

and may he be an hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead!

Slainte!

98. 100 | May 23, 2012 8:26 am

MacDuff wrote:

If you watched FNC this morning, you saw Colin Powell
    twist himself into a pretzel defending BHO, while
    saying that he is not ready to endorse.
    Every time they served him a question, he ran around
    his back hand to return it.
    Who really cares who Powell endorses? He lost his cred
    in 08.

He’s a perfect example of “being so open minded that your brains fall out”. Generals seem to make piss poor pols, and I’d be very wary of supporting any of ‘em.

101 | May 23, 2012 8:29 am

The Dems & the left media are trying very hard to
    intimidte the Court, particularly Chief Justice
    Robert.
    I know that Hitler analogies are over used, but
    he didn’t have much use for the courts either.

102 | May 23, 2012 8:32 am

Am I late to the party on this?

Could Superman be gay?

Have you SEEN his outfit??

103 | May 23, 2012 8:53 am

@ Bumr50:
    Isn’t Obma the gay super hero?

104 | May 23, 2012 8:55 am

@ MacDuff:

Right & kind of ironoc, you hve to be a political
    animal to make general.
    Powell is putting race over country.

105 | May 23, 2012 8:57 am