Happy Birthday Bob Dylan

by huckfunn ( 121 Comments › )
Filed under Blogmocracy, Music, Open thread at May 24th, 2012 - 8:00 pm

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmY30_DjMYo&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CJsuyY_VvMK3EyXkq2qyeZ

Born 71 years ago today as Robert Allen Zimmerman, Bob Dylan may be the most prolific American poet and song writer alive today. His music spans the spectrum of folk, protest, ballad, country, gospel and rock ‘n roll. Heavily influenced by folk balladeers Woody Guthrie and Pete Seeger, Dylan became a regular on the Greenwich Village scene in the early 60′s. In 1965 he performed his live first electric set at the Newport, Rhode Island Folk Festival and was booed off the stage after 3 songs. The folk/protest crowd felt that Dylan had betrayed their movement and sold out to the pop culture which they despised. This was a liberating moment for Dylan who ventured on to write and record in many different genres.

In September 1999 I took the family to see Bob Dylan and Paul Simon when they performed in Austin. It was a great show with Paul Simon leading off. At the end of Simon’s set, Dylan came out and jammed with Simon on The Boxer. At the end of Dylan’s set, Simon came out and jammed with Dylan on Like a Rolling Stone.  The show was just spectacular. The next day the music editor of The Austin American Statesman wrote a somewhat critical article saying that “Dylan should never play lead guitar”. That editor quite obviously didn’t understand that Dylan’s musical and lyrical style is distinctly discordant and is part of makes Dylan… Dylan.

Happy Birthday, Bob and I wish you many more.

A guide to Dylan’s albums can be found here.

Comments

121 Responses to “Happy Birthday Bob Dylan”

1 | May 24, 2012 8:16 pm

I’m amused that you embed “Like a Rolling Stone” while mentioning Pete Seeger in the thread intro. Seeger famously tried to cut Dylan’s amp cables at the Newport Folk Festival when he was set to perform “Like a Rolling Stone” with an electric guitar.

Seeger had invented “folk music” along with Alan Lomax. Now, don’t get me wrong; we owe these two Harvard-educated communists an immense debt for going around and collecting material that would have otherwise been lost—but we have to understand that this was being done, as long ago as the 1930s, for the purpose of the Communist Party taking control of the “music of the people,” and, thereby, the voice of the people. The Gramscian takeover of American culture has been going on for a very long time.

Dylan was willing to go against that; he was willing to use the instruments of “the people”—i.e., electric guitars (just as Bob Wills had done before him)—rather than consent to being a fly in amber in the service of a frozen leftwing vision of “the people.” It was that heresy—a musical Trotskyism, if you will—that prompted Seeger’s attack on Bob Dylan’s amps.

2. Dolphin
    2 | May 24, 2012 8:25 pm

Completely different experience when we went to the same venue (it was at The Woodlands Mitchel Pavilion). Paul Simon’s band rocked. Bob Dylan -- not so much. Dylan was so wasted he fell down on stage, couldn’t sing or play. Simon tried to carry him, but it was so bad our group left early.

3 | May 24, 2012 8:29 pm

Zimmerman? Is he a WHISP?

4 | May 24, 2012 8:36 pm

i loves me some bob dylan.

5. NoThreat2U
    5 | May 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Sweet baby Jesus. Go check out the chompers on this one. ICK.

6 | May 24, 2012 8:37 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    :mrgreen:

7. NoThreat2U
    7 | May 24, 2012 8:41 pm

@ waldensianspirit:
    That shit just aint right. We should all mail her toothbrushes.

8 | May 24, 2012 8:44 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

As I said, Seeger was an early influence on Dylan and I’m pleased that you’re amused. :grin:

9 | May 24, 2012 8:47 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Seeger was an early influence on Dylan and I’m pleased that you’re amused.

My amusement comes from the implacable hatred Seeger and his folkie minions directed at Dylan for straying off the plantation (or, as Dylan himself put it, “Maggie’s Farm”). As to Seeger being an early influence on him, yeah, I guess so—though I have to wonder how much Seeger was an “influence” and how much Dylan actually saw him as a gatekeeper to be placated.

10. Dolphin
    10 | May 24, 2012 8:47 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    Ewww. Yuck.

11 | May 24, 2012 8:49 pm

This song was written for a relationship that I had about 34 years ago. One of my favs.

12 | May 24, 2012 8:52 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    The folk/protest folks turned on Dylan when he wanted to go in different directions. Typical lib snobbery. As to Seeger’s influence, I have no personal knowledge. Just what I read. I didn’t become a Dylan fan until the late 70′s.

13. 13 | May 24, 2012 8:53 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

I didn’t need to see that.

14 | May 24, 2012 8:54 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

@ waldensianspirit:
    That shit just aint right. We should all mail her toothbrushes.

Remind you of those big yellow horse teeth?

15 | May 24, 2012 8:56 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

Sweet baby Jesus. Go check out the chompers on this one. ICK.

“Darling, you simply don’t understand. In Britain, in the ’60′s, you could be a sex symbol and still have bad teeth. It didn’t matter”!

(One of my favorite, or would that be “favourite” lines from the original Austin Powers movie.)

16. brookly red
    16 | May 24, 2012 8:59 pm

*sigh* if you consider Subterranean W4th st Blues you could make a case that Dylan is the father of Gansta Rapp LOL…

17. rain of lead
    17 | May 24, 2012 8:59 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

as we say here in the south

“she could eat an ear of corn through a picket fence”

18. Mars
    18 | May 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Sorry, I just don’t get Dylan. Never have. But, there are a few people and groups that are held in high esteem that I just can’t stand.

Maybe I’ve just listened to the wrong stuff from Dylan. All I get is somebody mumbling incoherently with guitar in the background.

19. Mars
    19 | May 24, 2012 9:03 pm

And I might as well get it out now, I hate Led Zeppelin and can’t stand most of the later Beatles stuff.

20. 20 | May 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Let’s hear what Bob Dylan might have sounded like, had he tackled Dr. Seuss:

21. NoThreat2U
    21 | May 24, 2012 9:05 pm

@ Dolphin:
    @ Rancher:
    @ huckfunn:
    And she with the great health care. Maybe they need to update their dental plan. And yes, they really do look like big yellow horsey teeth. lol

22. 22 | May 24, 2012 9:05 pm

I bloged about Obama’s war on capitalism.

Capatilist Pigs vs Socialist PIIGS

23. NoThreat2U
    23 | May 24, 2012 9:06 pm

@ The Osprey:
    She would fit in nicely.

@ rain of lead:
    I wonder how long a person has to go with no dental hygiene to get that look?

24. Mars
    24 | May 24, 2012 9:08 pm

@ Rancher:
    Well done.

25. NoThreat2U
    25 | May 24, 2012 9:10 pm

might bbl

26. brookly red
    26 | May 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Rancher wrote:

I bloged about Obama’s war on capitalism.

Capatilist Pigs vs Socialist PIIGS

nice…

27 | May 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Mars wrote:

Dylan, Beatles, Led Zep. They were new and exciting if all you had before was Nat King Cole, Elvis and Doo Wop. I suppose much of it has to do with the decade in which you spent your formative years. I have absolutely no appreciation for most of the “music” that has come out since the mid 80′s. Sounds like noise to me.

28. 28 | May 24, 2012 9:18 pm

Krauthammer just excoriated Obama on O’Reilly for burning two agents, the Pakistani doctor and the Yemen double agent, so he could crow about his achievements. I’d throw Osama’s death in with that, we should have sat on that so as to make maximum use of the intel we got, instead Obama couldn’t wait one minute to get on the air and yell “I got him!”

29 | May 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Rancher wrote:

I saw that. O’Reilly said “Well, then… you think that… blah, blah, blah.” K-Hammer didn’t blink and immediately replied with “I don’t think; I just showed you”. YESSSSSS.

30. 30 | May 24, 2012 9:26 pm

@ huckfunn:

I love it whenever Rile O’Billy gets taken to school!

31 | May 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Rancher wrote:

instead Obama couldn’t wait one minute to get on the air and yell “I got him!”

Necessarily, alas, once again; I’d do some emphasis, but the whole thing is of a piece:

The Servant When He Reigneth
    —Rudyard Kipling

“For three things the earth is disquieted, and for four which it cannot bear. For a servant when he reigneth, and a fool when he is filled with meat; for an odious woman when she is married, and an handmaid that is heir to her mistress.” –Prov. 30: 21-22-23.

Three things make earth unquiet
    And four she cannot brook
    The godly Agur counted them
    And put them in a book—
    Those Four Tremendous Curses
    With which mankind is cursed;
    But a Servant when He Reigneth
    Old Agur entered first.

An Handmaid that is Mistress
    We need not call upon.
    A Fool when he is full of Meat
    Will fall asleep anon.
    An Odious Woman Married
    May bear a babe and mend;
    But a Servant when He Reigneth
    Is Confusion to the end.

His feet are swift to tumult,
    His hands are slow to toil,
    His ears are deaf to reason,
    His lips are loud in broil.
    He knows no use for power
    Except to show his might.
    He gives no heed to judgment
    Unless it prove him right.

Because he served a master
    Before his Kingship came,
    And hid in all disaster
    Behind his master’s name,
    So, when his Folly opens
    The unnecessary hells,
    A Servant when He Reigneth
    Throws the blame on some one else.

His vows are lightly spoken,
    His faith is hard to bind,
    His trust is easy broken,
    He fears his fellow-kind.
    The nearest mob will move him
    To break the pledge he gave—
    Oh, a Servant when he Reigneth
    Is more than ever slave!

32 | May 24, 2012 9:27 pm

huckfunn wrote:

those damned kids and their damned grunge noise! why, back in my day…

33. Mars
    33 | May 24, 2012 9:31 pm

I’m good with most of the 50s and 60s and 80s. The 70′s, 90s, and everything up to date is mostly a waste of time.

Give me Elvis, Marty Robbins, Dion, Del Shannon, Skid Row, Quiet Riot, Europe, dozens of others.

If given a choice I will listen to talk radio. Radio annoys me, too repetitive.

34. 34 | May 24, 2012 9:32 pm

This is the thread where I confess… I learned to play guitar playing Bob Dylan. When I first starting playing guitar my mom bought me “The Songs of Bob Dylan: From 1966 Through 1975” And I taught myself to play out of that book.

Of course there were a whole lot of other books that followed later, books on different styles and techniques, Jazz, Classical, Rock and Roll, Metal, but yes, it all started with Bob Dylan and my really wanting to be able to play this song.

35 | May 24, 2012 9:33 pm

mrs coldwarrior and i have a function at the cc tomorrow, so tonight we have to watch caddyshack. it is necessary.

bbl

36 | May 24, 2012 9:34 pm

huckfunn wrote:

those damned kids and their damned grunge noise! why, back in my day…

Egggzakly. I used to make snide critical comments when everyone would put up that damn cacophony that many here call music. Then I thought… “Damn, I’m starting to sound like everybody’s dad… Time to back off, dewd“. I then remembered… I’m probably old enough to be almost everybody’s dad. Time for me to shut the hell up. :roll:

37. 37 | May 24, 2012 9:38 pm

So how did Bob Dylan’s “Tangled up in Blue” turn into this? Your guess is probably better than mine… :shock:

38 | May 24, 2012 9:39 pm

Get your old Bob Dylan “Best of Volume II” album out and listen to Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues. I found a couple of live versions and some covers but just nothing like the original studio version. Incredible song.

39. 39 | May 24, 2012 9:51 pm

Oh dear… I Lillied the thread… :oops:

40. Mars
    40 | May 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Reminds me of O for some reason.

41 | May 24, 2012 9:57 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Oh dear… I Lillied the thread…

Ah… you’re the one. I thought it was me.

Carry on. :wink:

42. 42 | May 24, 2012 9:57 pm

huckfunn wrote:

doriangrey wrote:
    Oh dear… I Lillied the thread…

Ah… you’re the one. I thought it was me.
    Carry on.

Does this mean I need to go shoe shopping now? :oops:

43 | May 24, 2012 10:26 pm

Where is everybody?

44. m
    44 | May 24, 2012 10:33 pm

Hey Rix!

Dunno!

45 | May 24, 2012 10:37 pm

@ m:
    Awful quiet here.

46. Lily
    46 | May 24, 2012 10:45 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Oh dear… I Lillied the thread…

OMG! You went there again!!! ;)
    /tsk…tsk….tsk….

Betcha thought I wouldn’t see it huh? :lol:

47. m
    47 | May 24, 2012 10:45 pm

I know. Whassup w’dat?

48. Lily
    48 | May 24, 2012 10:46 pm

doriangrey wrote:

huckfunn wrote:

doriangrey wrote:
    Oh dear… I Lillied the thread…

Ah… you’re the one. I thought it was me.
    Carry on.

Does this mean I need to go shoe shopping now?

YES!!!! Because I just loooovvvve shoes….so many are just to die for! ;)

49. Lily
    49 | May 24, 2012 10:47 pm

@ m:

*waving hands* *waving hands*

50. Lily
    50 | May 24, 2012 10:49 pm

@ Lily:

Okay I murdered another thread….*sigh* again. :(

51. Lily
    51 | May 24, 2012 10:52 pm

KARMA! At least I think so.

PRICELESS: National Co-Chair for Obama’s Reelection Campaign Is a Private Equity Manager Whose Firm Closed Factories and Terminated Hundreds of Workers

52. 52 | May 24, 2012 10:57 pm

Romney had been gone two years before GST Steel went under, the one in the attack ad. Jonathan Lavine, a top Obama bundler, was still a managing director.

53. Lily
    53 | May 24, 2012 10:57 pm

Since when does the DOJ get involved with this type of stuff..really?

University offers transgender student access to ladies’ room after DOJ letter

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/24/university-offers-transgender-student-access-to-ladies-room-after-doj-letter/?test=latestnews#ixzz1vqXXYD7n

54 | May 24, 2012 10:58 pm

@ Lily:
    What up!

55. Lily
    55 | May 24, 2012 10:59 pm

@ Rancher:

Excatly….if you are going to do an attack ad at least be truthful..oh wait with obama and the truth…it’s like oil and water.

56. Lily
    56 | May 24, 2012 11:00 pm

Hey Rix! Not much…and you?

57 | May 24, 2012 11:03 pm

Milwuakee Mayor Tom Barret running against GOv Walker
    is having Debbie Wasserman Schultze come in to stump
    for him.
    Is this guy out of his mind?

58. Lily
    58 | May 24, 2012 11:04 pm

@ Lily:

Seems like everyone is asleep.

59. Lily
    59 | May 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Apparently..but then again that is a good thing. ;)
    /I swear there are is more crazy going on than ever.

60. Mars
    60 | May 24, 2012 11:05 pm

A University in my state is under investigation by both the DOJ and DOE for their handling of a sexual assault case. A case that was already handled with criminal charges at the state level. What kind of business do these two agencies think they are up to?

OH, M, that idea I had the other day got fleshed out this evening and was sent to you guys in two emails.

61 | May 24, 2012 11:06 pm

Lily wrote:

Hey Rix! Not much…and you?

I am in Dallas & had meetings & dinner tonight.
    I have a molestation by the TSA in my future
    tomorrow.

62. Lily
    62 | May 24, 2012 11:07 pm

@ Mars:

Aren’t these state matters?

63. Lily
    63 | May 24, 2012 11:08 pm

I saw where they are doubling down on the molesting people. Hate to hear that.

64 | May 24, 2012 11:08 pm

Lily wrote:

Apparently..but then again that is a good thing.
    /I swear there are is more crazy going on than ever.

Or as Johnson would say, “Bad crazy!!!!!”

65. Lily
    65 | May 24, 2012 11:10 pm

@ Mars:

Maybe punishing states that don’t vote obama.
    /it seems like that is what they are doing.

66 | May 24, 2012 11:10 pm

Lily wrote:

I saw where they are doubling down on the molesting people. Hate to hear that.

This is the Age of Obama. How much will people tolerate
    is what they want to know.

67. Mars
    67 | May 24, 2012 11:10 pm

Desperate, the polls right now have him without a snowballs chance. Of course bringing in Loony Debbie will probably have the opposite effect that hes hoping for.

68. Lily
    68 | May 24, 2012 11:11 pm

I think maybe he said that so many times ….that he went bad bat sh*t crazy himself. ;)

69. Mars
    69 | May 24, 2012 11:13 pm

@ Lily:
    It’s a possibility. Of course as I mentioned yesterday, my state is bad enough on its own. They’ve decided to attack free speech.

But, they won’t vote for O.

70. m
    70 | May 24, 2012 11:14 pm

Sorry Lily! Had some stuff to do! Didn’t mean to leave ya hanging!

71. 71 | May 24, 2012 11:15 pm

Desperation. He’s loosing badly.

72. Lily
    72 | May 24, 2012 11:16 pm

Well I am no longer tolerant of what they are doing. I’m sure many people feel that way. It seems every single day they are doing something that is just beyond the pale.
    /if a convicted incarcerated felon can pick up votes in the primaries…I would say we are at the tipping point.

73. Lily
    73 | May 24, 2012 11:16 pm

@ m:

{{m}}! :lol:

74. Mars
    74 | May 24, 2012 11:18 pm

Has Politico always been so rabidly leftist? I thought it used to be pretty center.

This attack piece is vile and disgusting. Filled with unfounded allegations and snide little remarks, it’s almost impossible to read.

75. 75 | May 24, 2012 11:18 pm

Lily wrote:

@ Mars:
    Maybe punishing states that don’t vote obama.
    /it seems like that is what they are doing.

Most of Texas burned down last summer and they couldn’t get a disaster declaration from Obama.

76. Mars
    76 | May 24, 2012 11:19 pm

@ m:
    Did you catch the end of my #60 comment?

77. Lily
    77 | May 24, 2012 11:21 pm

@ Mars:

Remember according to that teacher if you say something not nice about obama you could get arrested.
    /all this crap makes my head hurt at times when a student knows more than a teacher..and a teacher who uses curse words and can’t control a classroom.

78 | May 24, 2012 11:21 pm

@ Lily:
    This morning in Chicago the TSA profiled infant formula
    bottles. They then swabed the baby bag for residue of
    explosives & drugs.
    Blue eyed baby girls are the threat!

79. 79 | May 24, 2012 11:22 pm

The states led by New York

About says it all. Business can’t express an opinion but unions with a clear conflict of interest can? Fairness.

80 | May 24, 2012 11:23 pm

Good night all.

81. Lily
    81 | May 24, 2012 11:23 pm

Rancher wrote:

Lily wrote:

@ Mars:
    Maybe punishing states that don’t vote obama.
    /it seems like that is what they are doing.

Yeah Texas and Louisiana and most of the Gulf States do not have much love for the ‘one’. Could be why he never comes down here.
    /thank goodness Texas has gotten some much needed rain in the past few months.

82. Lily
    82 | May 24, 2012 11:23 pm

Nite Rix! :)

83. Lily
    83 | May 24, 2012 11:24 pm

Good grief. They are idiots.

84. Mars
    84 | May 24, 2012 11:25 pm

@ Rancher:
    Funny you should mention the word fairness.

Watch for an upcoming post of mine. If it gets approved that is.

85. m
    85 | May 24, 2012 11:26 pm

@ Lily:

{{{Lily}}}! It ain’t you sugah!

86. Lily
    86 | May 24, 2012 11:29 pm

@ Mars:

Oh finally that book is hitting a nerve. Good. You know they have to diss it. It took some time though. I hope it stays at #1 for months!

87. 87 | May 24, 2012 11:32 pm

Mars wrote:

Well, when you’re getting beaten 54 to 36 you do desperate things, when you do desperate thing, you wake up in a ditch… with Debbie Waffen-SS…

88. Lily
    88 | May 24, 2012 11:33 pm

@ Lily:

Someone in the White House is miffed! Release the attack hounds!
    I paid full price for that book and would do it again. ;)

89. Mars
    89 | May 24, 2012 11:35 pm

Holy hell, the Onion needs to redo this article for the current administration. This is hilarious.

Oh and Lily, the part that got me the most was when they immediately decided that since it was #1 it had to have been due to cheating. The ridiculous part about that is that conservative books consistently outsell liberal crap. I’ve seen more conservative books at #1 on the bestseller lists than any other kind of non-fiction, except for maybe history.

90. Lily
    90 | May 24, 2012 11:36 pm

LOL!

91. Mars
    91 | May 24, 2012 11:36 pm

lol

92. Lily
    92 | May 24, 2012 11:37 pm

@ Mars:

There was no cheating. There is so much buzz about that book on the net and on TV…people wanted to read it.

93. Lily
    93 | May 24, 2012 11:43 pm

@ Mars:

LOL! Yeah they need to re-write to describe the past 3 1/2 years of the people in the White House right now.

94. 94 | May 24, 2012 11:44 pm

Lily wrote:

@ Mars:

What? Barack Obama can’t just have the courts seal his record as POTUS for the last 3 1/2 years like he did all the rest of his records?

95. Mars
    95 | May 24, 2012 11:47 pm

I can’t wait to read his official White House bio. Every other word will be redacted.

96. Lily
    96 | May 24, 2012 11:48 pm

Really? This is something you want to say and think it’s going to work for you?

Obama: Because Romney’s Business Made A Profit He Doesn’t Belong In The White House

97. 97 | May 24, 2012 11:49 pm

@ Mars:
    My favorite “fairness” example. We’ll make less revenue to assure “fairness”.

98. Mars
    98 | May 24, 2012 11:50 pm

@ Rancher:
    yep. sounds about right. Well, for those people.

99. Lily
    99 | May 24, 2012 11:51 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Lily wrote:

@ Mars:

I don’t know can he? Can another president unseal them? Because you know if you are going to seal your records of your performance in the White House….well people will want to know why? Self-racism???? ;)
    The white part of him did it?

100. 100 | May 24, 2012 11:57 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Harvard and others are suppressing the release of anything detrimental to The One. However once he’s gone the floodgates will open and America will find out exactly how they were played.

101. Lily
    101 | May 24, 2012 11:57 pm

@ Rancher:

Wait a minute. bho is paying a lower tax rate than his secretary.
    /fairness…I don’t bho would know the meaning of that word if it bit him in the face.

Fairness just another word for marxism.

102. 102 | May 24, 2012 11:59 pm

Lily wrote:

doriangrey wrote:

Lily wrote:
    @ Mars:

The white part of him did it?

If he could find a way to do it, yea he would, but then he would have to arrest every moderate or conservative blogger in America, and I do not doubt for one second that the thought hasn’t crossed his mind.

103. 103 | May 25, 2012 12:00 am

Rancher wrote:

And hopefully will face thousands of lawsuits and maybe even criminal fraud charges when that happens.

104. Lily
    104 | May 25, 2012 12:02 am

Don’t you know it. All this negativity has to be just crawling up under his skin. You just know it.
    /where is the love? What happened to the worship? He is so thin-skinned you know he is making plans for the U.S. to suffer for this.

105. Lily
    105 | May 25, 2012 12:03 am

doriangrey wrote:

Rancher wrote:

From your words to God’s ears and everything that is good and right.

106. Mars
    106 | May 25, 2012 12:06 am

My favorite blast from the past when it comes to anonymous.

6am, door busted down (NOT KIDDING), “FBI FBI FBI POLICE FBI GET YOUR ARMS UP AND DONT MOVE THEM. WALK DOWNSTAIRS RIGHT NOW. DO NOT MOVE YOUR HANDS.” — TWO *REAL* GUNS POINTED AT ME.

me in 1 cop car, gf in other car.

took 3.5 hrs, all electronic devices taken including 3 computers. said nearly nothing. finally left.

The shock of the dumb SOB, REAL GUNS! Apparently destroying peoples lives, hurting business, and attacking national security isn’t supposed to have real world repercussions.

107. Mars
    107 | May 25, 2012 12:06 am

Whoops wrong thread.

108 | May 25, 2012 12:08 am

My favorite Dylan tune:

109. Lily
    109 | May 25, 2012 12:09 am

@ Mars:

What did he think…the FBI is uses *fake guns*???
    NEWSFLASH to hacker…the police, FBI and basically law enforcement uses *REAL GUNS*. They perfer it that way.
    *shakes head*

110. Lily
    110 | May 25, 2012 12:12 am

@ Mars:

Whoops he forgot the *warrant* that was shoved in his face. Bet he knows what that is now/or maybe not.

111. Mars
    111 | May 25, 2012 12:13 am

@ Lily:
    Seriously, anonymous and all the other hacker collectives have no concept of the real world. They think they’re some great revolution, when all they are is internet tough guys. When the real world hits, they go crying to mommy. Just like they did when the Mexican drug cartels threatened their lives.

112. Lily
    112 | May 25, 2012 12:13 am

Mars wrote:

Whoops wrong thread.

Still went well on this thread.

113. 113 | May 25, 2012 12:13 am

Mars wrote:

Whoops wrong thread.

ROTFLMAO… No worries… that was worth a good chuckle… :grin:

114. Lily
    114 | May 25, 2012 12:15 am

@ Mars:

Totally out of touch. All tough and bad on the internet…yet when the real world crashes in on their pretend world..not much fun.

115. Mars
    115 | May 25, 2012 12:21 am

Everyone who passes by any of these OWS things should punch every Guy Fawkes mask they see. Actually just punch every face you see. But the Guy Fawkes stuff is usually attacked to Anonymous.

116. 116 | May 25, 2012 12:25 am

Off topic, but go here and check out the cartoon for Monday May 21st.

117. Lily
    117 | May 25, 2012 12:27 am

@ Mars:

I don’t see any of them around here. If I did I would whack with a parasol and tell them to get a damn job and if they didn’t say “yes ma’am” I’d whack them again and say where are your manners?
    /thankfully I don’t see them around here.

118. Lily
    118 | May 25, 2012 12:30 am

@ JeremyR:

Well you know the GOP just hates baby seals, puppies and kittens too!
    /the humanity! ;)

119. Lily
    119 | May 25, 2012 12:36 am

Okay time for me to go….Nite all! :)

120. 120 | May 25, 2012 12:39 am

Lily wrote:

Okay time for me to go….Nite all!

Night Lily… :grin: