Memorial Day Open 3

by coldwarrior ( 232 Comments › )
Filed under Open thread at May 27th, 2012 - 12:00 pm

number 3…

I just can’t let this pile of steaming bull excrement sit without comment, check this paragraph out:

President Barack Obama faces new warning signs in a once-promising Southern state and typically Democratic-voting Midwestern states roughly five months before the election even as he benefits nationally from encouraging economic news.

By THOMAS BEAUMONT

In the mind of that ‘journalist’, we are too stupid to see how 0 is saving us! The economy is grand! Happy Days! Joyous Praise to the One, Our Very Own Dear Leader!

Hey Tom, what color is the sky in your world? Maybe if you took some econ courses in college you wouldn’t have written that garbage.  Yeah, I know, those courses have math and math is hard! :lol:

Journalists….

Tags:

Comments

232 Responses to “Memorial Day Open 3”

1. taxfreekiller
    1 | May 27, 2012 12:28 pm

The Lie.

Also known as the msm.
    Bill Moyers:
    1. Lied for LBJ.
    2. Sends the rest of his life telling lies about that.
    3. Clear and Present danger to all mankind, freedom and justice.

They are all just Moyers of the same.

2 | May 27, 2012 12:29 pm

More apropos for Veterans Day, but this is an open.

The THIRD ROW???

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=hxlcVAEj0sM&vq=large

3. taxfreekiller
    3 | May 27, 2012 12:30 pm

Roll the Thunder.

Never Forget.

4 | May 27, 2012 12:30 pm

@ Bumr50:

Sorry.

5. 5 | May 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Hey, and don’t forget to check out the super awesome gun thread over at my blog… :twisted:

Coldwarrior, you are sooo going to love it… :mrgreen:

6. 6 | May 27, 2012 12:36 pm

Shit! I actually read this yesterday. NOTHING Обама says or does surprises me anymore.

7 | May 27, 2012 12:37 pm

super awesome

Happy Joy!!

Does it come with an egg roll??

8. 8 | May 27, 2012 12:39 pm

ROFLMAIAO!

9. 9 | May 27, 2012 12:39 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

super awesome
    Happy Joy!!
    Does it come with an egg roll??

No… But it does come with a scope and a suppressor… :shock:

10. 10 | May 27, 2012 12:40 pm

Macker wrote:

ROFLMAIAO!

Where the hell were those damned things when we were 9???

11. 11 | May 27, 2012 12:42 pm

Oh…. And Rodan really should guest post my gun thread over at DoD under the title… “Charles Johnson’s notorious Mossberg found” :twisted:

12 | May 27, 2012 12:43 pm

Ease of cleaning?

13. 13 | May 27, 2012 12:43 pm

Spitwads were meleé weapons back then.
    I don’t know if you’re doing this, I’m actually listening to the Indy 500! Just like I did when I was growing up!

14 | May 27, 2012 12:46 pm

@ Macker:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYIIIIING! yyIIIING yING yING yING…………………yING!!!

15. 15 | May 27, 2012 12:48 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Except that ‘selrahC ‘mossberg’ would not run on…spit! 8)

16. 16 | May 27, 2012 12:48 pm

Macker wrote:

Spitwads were meleé weapons back then.

Na, I’m not big on NASCAR, I’m a NHRA kind of guy… We might even sneak up to the strip later this afternoon for a little while, if nothing happens to interrupt that plan, then it’s off for a raucous night of poker, beer and cigars with the fellas… :grin:

17. 17 | May 27, 2012 12:49 pm

Macker wrote:

doriangrey wrote:

Except that ‘selrahC ‘mossberg’ would not run on…spit!

Of course it would, it is after all his weapon of preference… :twisted: (spit, drool, what’s the difference)

18. 18 | May 27, 2012 12:50 pm

Um, NASCAR doesn’t run at Indianapolis until late July. The Indy 500 is run by IndyCar.

19 | May 27, 2012 12:51 pm

Macker wrote:

IndyCar.

Aren’t there competing leagues in that class?

20 | May 27, 2012 12:52 pm

@ Macker:

Did they do a tribute to Dan Wheldon?

21. 21 | May 27, 2012 12:57 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

Aren’t there competing leagues in that class?

The Indy Racing League and CART merged in 2008.

22. 22 | May 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Macker wrote:

Yes, but they still just go around in circles… :razz: I like going in a straight line… really really fast… :twisted:

23. 23 | May 27, 2012 1:20 pm

24. 24 | May 27, 2012 1:26 pm

For gods sake somebody… quick, charge the paddles, this thread is going into difib… :shock:

25 | May 27, 2012 1:31 pm

v-fib (ventricle fibrillation)

d-fib defibrillation, what you do when someone is in v-fib, because v-fib means death.

;)

26 | May 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Stuck it to us…

27. 27 | May 27, 2012 1:34 pm

v-fib (ventricle fibrillation)

Smarty pants… :razz:

28 | May 27, 2012 1:35 pm

v-fib (ventricle fibrillation)

Smarty pants…

29 | May 27, 2012 1:38 pm

its so hot in indy that one of the drivers just let his crew chief know that his boot is melting and sticking to the gas pedal.

30. 30 | May 27, 2012 1:42 pm

OUCH…. :shock:

31 | May 27, 2012 1:45 pm

OUCH….

that is HOT!

32 | May 27, 2012 1:53 pm

track temp 130F plus and climbing

33. 33 | May 27, 2012 2:00 pm

track temp 130F plus and climbing

Wow, I like the warm weather, but that’s to hot even for me…

34. Calo
    34 | May 27, 2012 2:15 pm

:evil:

35. 35 | May 27, 2012 2:17 pm

Calo wrote:

Hey now… I was trying to save the thread… :oops:

36 | May 27, 2012 2:27 pm

Heh…

37. 37 | May 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Obama: America’s first Dope President…

38. 38 | May 27, 2012 2:32 pm

@ huckfunn:

Hey, don’t forget to check out my Memorial Day Gun Thread:mrgreen:

39 | May 27, 2012 2:36 pm

@ huckfunn:

Hey, don’t forget to check out my Memorial Day Gun Thread…

Nice. I never had a spit wad gun but I had a pea shooter. My sisters made great targets.

40 | May 27, 2012 2:39 pm

@ huckfunn:

If I were a more accomplished song satirist like buzzsawmonkey, I’d make up a song about the lolo popolo who smoked too much pakalolo to the tune of the old comic hula, ” The Cockeyed Mayor of Kaunakakai”

41. 41 | May 27, 2012 2:41 pm

huckfunn wrote:

@ huckfunn:
    Hey, don’t forget to check out my Memorial Day Gun Thread…

Yea, my little brothers made great targets for my BB Gun Pea shooter too… :twisted: (I don’t think they have forgiven me for that even now, some 40 plus years later :shock: )

42 | May 27, 2012 2:45 pm

Kurt Vonnegut Jr may be a goofball lefty but he his absolute spot on when he says that “The true nature of horror is waking up in the morning and realizing people from your high school are running the world.”

43 | May 27, 2012 2:49 pm

The Osprey wrote:

@ huckfunn:

Right out of the same song book as “Princess Papooli has Plenty Papaya (she loves to give it away)”.

44. 44 | May 27, 2012 2:50 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Yea, I had one of those moments the other night when I read this thread over at Hot Air… (Not that I went to high School with Obama, but that so much of his high school experience was so closely parallel to my own. Hell I even have a photograph somewhere of me wearing an almost identical hat… :shock:

45 | May 27, 2012 2:59 pm

Yes, I think that lifestyle was a common experience for people in high school in the 70′s, especially Hawaii and California (whose youth cultures sort of overlapped somewhat, because of the surf scene). We grew out of it though,
    I don’t think Barry ever did…

46 | May 27, 2012 3:02 pm

@ huckfunn:

Yes, a sliced papaya half does look somewhat like a “vajayjay”.

Nothing like a fresh papaya and some Kona coffee in the morning.

47. 47 | May 27, 2012 3:03 pm

@ huckfunn:
    Great, thanks for the headache.

48 | May 27, 2012 3:06 pm

@ The Osprey:

How can someone who penned ‘Harrison Bergeron’ be a lefty?

It’s one of the great mysteries…

49. 49 | May 27, 2012 3:06 pm

The Osprey wrote:

I don’t think Barry ever did…

I know I am something like 6 months older than Barry, never got any help from affirmative action and had to work my a$$ off to get through college. I would be willing to bet that my GPA smokes the living carp out of his. Yes, my GPA is only a 3.96, but it’s a 3.96 while carrying a 31 unit per semester load. (which is almost double the normal course load) And that load included real hard classes, like Physics, Chemistry, Oceanography and German.

50. Eliana
    50 | May 27, 2012 3:08 pm

It’s been a given all along that The Won would say that the economy is doing absolutely great and dare anyone to be raaaaaaaacist enough to disagree with him.

If we don’t like him, we’re raaaaaacist.

If we don’t like the economy while he’s president, we’re raaaaaacist.

The Dems are going to push this on us (one way or another) every single step of the way.

51 | May 27, 2012 3:11 pm

@ Eliana:

there are grumbling in the dem party, some are running away from 0.

cracks are starting to show.

52. Eliana
    52 | May 27, 2012 3:14 pm

Yes, 3.96 is smoking (with or without being compared to Obama) but I doubt that he could compete with most anyone else who also graduated.

He didn’t publish in the Harvard Law Review while president there. They elected him but they weren’t nuts enough to have him published.

53. 53 | May 27, 2012 3:15 pm

Eliana wrote:

Yup, and their doing it will bare an uncanny resemblance to the scene in “Constantine” where Lucifer is trying to drag Constantine off to hell and with every step God makes Constantine heavier and heavier until Lucifer can no longer drag him.

54 | May 27, 2012 3:15 pm

doriangrey wrote:

I would be willing to bet that my GPA smokes the living carp out of his.

CHOOM!

55. Eliana
    55 | May 27, 2012 3:15 pm

cracks are starting to show.

Agreed.

Not that the Dems overall are willing to admit it.

56 | May 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ The Osprey:

How can someone who penned ‘Harrison Bergeron’ be a lefty?

It’s one of the great mysteries…

Vonnegut is an odd duck… Kind of like Orwell, he has mixed conservative and leftist ideas.

57. 57 | May 27, 2012 3:18 pm

Well, my little brother keeps sending me texts with pictures of my nephew and niece on their Red Neck Slip-an-slide (it’s on the side of a hill right next to their house, about a 60 degree slope and about 75 feet of drop), which I suspect is his way of asking when the hell I’m coming over… so got to go, you all have a nice day… :grin:

58. 58 | May 27, 2012 3:19 pm

The Osprey wrote:

doriangrey wrote:
    I would be willing to bet that my GPA smokes the living carp out of his.
    CHOOM!

Heh heh heh… I was wondering if anyone would catch that… :twisted:

59. Eliana
    59 | May 27, 2012 3:19 pm

@ The Osprey:

CHOOM!

Obama was quite literally like those guys in “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” who pulled up to someplace in their van and all tumbled out of it while a huge cloud of smoke escaped. :lol:

Sean Penn in this movie (Spicoli) was Obama’s mentor.

60. 60 | May 27, 2012 3:26 pm

If somebody had dropped bales of weed on us when I was in high school, we would have assumed it was some odd-looking alfalfa…

61. Eliana
    61 | May 27, 2012 3:27 pm

By the way, this long weekend (Jewish Sabbath plus Sunday and Monday) is a big Jewish holiday in America and elsewhere.

In Israel, it was only one day after the Sabbath (from Saturday nightfall to Sunday after sundown) because we aren’t in the diaspora, which makes us closer to the location of the First and Second Temples. It’s almost 10:30pm here so we have already finished the celebration.

The name of the holiday is “Shavuot” and it’s the holiday to celebrate receiving the Torah in the Sinai desert!

62 | May 27, 2012 3:27 pm

Barack Hussein Spicoli! Dude! :lol:

63 | May 27, 2012 3:28 pm

that was quite a finish at indy.

64. Eliana
    64 | May 27, 2012 3:29 pm

@ The Osprey:

Barack Hussein Spicoli! Dude! :lol:

Yeah! :lol:

I wonder if The Won also got a pizza delivered to him in his classroom.

65 | May 27, 2012 3:46 pm

Eliana wrote:

@ The Osprey:

Barack Hussein Spicoli! Dude!

Yeah!

I wonder if The Won also got a pizza delivered to him in his classroom.

From Ray The Gay Hippie Dope Dealer and Pizza Chef!

66. Eliana
    66 | May 27, 2012 4:07 pm

@ The Osprey:

I wonder if The Won also got a pizza delivered to him in his classroom.

From Ray The Gay Hippie Dope Dealer and Pizza Chef!

This must be why Obama mentioned him with affection in his High School yearbook without mentioning his own Mom.

67. yenta-fada
    67 | May 27, 2012 4:27 pm

Eliana wrote:

@ The Osprey:

I wonder if The Won also got a pizza delivered to him in his classroom.

From Ray The Gay Hippie Dope Dealer and Pizza Chef!

If you’re still out there, {{Eliana}} it’s terrific to hear from you. How’s the living in Israel going? I would love to hear your take on internal politics in Israel, what people are thinking and talking about, etc.

68. John Difool
    68 | May 27, 2012 4:28 pm

The Osprey wrote:

@ Eliana:
    Barack Hussein Spicoli! Dude!

I wonder if Barack Spicoli had a pizza delivered to Mr. Hand’s classroom with pepperoni on it made out of canine?

69. yenta-fada
    69 | May 27, 2012 4:31 pm

The Osprey wrote:

@ Eliana:
    Barack Hussein Spicoli! Dude!

You mean pupperoni? :-)

70. John Difool
    70 | May 27, 2012 4:33 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Maybe he ordered it from Doginoes Pizza ?

71. Eliana
    71 | May 27, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi {{yenta-fada}}!

Living in Israel is great!!

I’ve been keeping busy getting completely moved in and all, but life is great here! I’m living in one of the so-called large settlement blocs and it’s amazing how established it is with malls, infrastructure, etc.

How anyone can call these communities “settlements” is beyond me, but lefties no doubt see me as a personal obstacle to peace. :lol:

It’s really amazing here!!!

I need to make some little movies (YouTube) and post them on the blog!

72. John Difool
    72 | May 27, 2012 4:37 pm

I see Dario Franchitti won Indy. I wonder if his wife is going to demand he pay his fair share of the prize money, about 75% to Obama and The Occupiers?

Nope, didn’t think so either.

73. AZfederalist
    73 | May 27, 2012 4:38 pm

Wow, and here in Tucson, it’s a pleasant 85 degrees, about 10 degrees below average.

We’ll be back up to 109 by the end of the week, but we’ve really enjoyed this weekend.

74. John Difool
    74 | May 27, 2012 4:40 pm

On a lighter note, rescued three newborn rabbits from my cat last night ’cause I’m soft like that and love lil’ bunnies.

75. Eliana
    75 | May 27, 2012 4:44 pm

@ John Difool:

Nice! Are you going to raise them or do they still have a mommy?

76. yenta-fada
    76 | May 27, 2012 4:44 pm

@ Eliana:

Please post some utubes from Israel when you have the chance. I would think using the word ‘settlements’ is part of the propaganda wars against Israel. When people send utubes and pics, it gives us the only real visuals we get. Certainly the MSM won’t show them anymore than they would show a shopping mall in Gaza. They want the world to think the Paleos live in “camps” put there by the oppressive Joooos.

77. yenta-fada
    77 | May 27, 2012 4:47 pm

AKA killer bunnies. lol

78. yenta-fada
    78 | May 27, 2012 4:48 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

Is that still a ‘dry’ heat at 109?

79. John Difool
    79 | May 27, 2012 4:50 pm

Eliana wrote:

@ John Difool:
    Nice! Are you going to raise them or do they still have a mommy?

No, turned them over to animal protection who in turn said they were going to turn them over to wildlife caregivers this morning. To care for them you need reconstituted kittens milk or something mixed with carnation cream which at that time of the night it happened was a no go and they seemed to be in dire need of feeding.

My cat will usually kill anything with a heartbeat but her maternal instincts kicked in when she found those babies and she was treating them like kittens. No idea if she killed the mother or something else befell her.

80. Eliana
    80 | May 27, 2012 4:52 pm

@ yenta-fada:

My city is near Jerusalem so I go there a lot. Jerusalem is amazing -- it’s an incredibly vibrant city! Going to Jerusalem is a treat no matter how many times I go (week after week, month after month).

Outside the big cities, of course, is the countryside -- and it’s so gorgeous. It would be worth it to go from Jerusalem to every other city in Israel just for the scenery along the way. It’s also worth to see the other cities, of course! :-)

I’ve got a video feature on one of my cameras so I can make movies. I’ll get to work on it! :-)

81. John Difool
    81 | May 27, 2012 4:52 pm

Also, I took some pics of the rabbits after I lined a shoebox to put them in (three rabbits in total) and I’ll post them in a comments thread later on or tomorrow.

82. Eliana
    82 | May 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Awww.

I had a male cat with maternal (or uncle) instincts years ago. I kitten-sat a friend’s four kittens for several days and my male cat wouldn’t eat dinner until they’d been fed and bathed (by him).

When he bathed them, he would put his paw on their faces to hold them in place so that he could give them a proper bath but it didn’t hurt (apparently) because the kitties would allow him to clean them completely. He did a great job -- they were fluffy all over after every meal.

83. yenta-fada
    83 | May 27, 2012 4:57 pm

John Difool wrote:

That would be sweet. A nice change of content is good for all.
    We haven’t had Caturday in a while, so ‘bunny’ works.

84. John Difool
    84 | May 27, 2012 4:59 pm

@ Eliana:

My female cat was doing the same thing to the rabbits. She had them all together in a bunch and was licking/cleaning them. She really looked dejected almost heartbroken when I took them away from her but she had no way to feed them. She’s fixed and has never had kittens, I kinda of felt bad for her.

85. John Difool
    85 | May 27, 2012 5:00 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

John Difool wrote:

That would be sweet. A nice change of content is good for all.
    We haven’t had Caturday in a while, so ‘bunny’ works.

Raburday ?

86. Eliana
    86 | May 27, 2012 5:02 pm

@ John Difool:

I suspect that adult cats remember being kittens or something because they seem to know how to herd little cats (or other baby animals) and clean them up.

My male cat used to herd the visiting kittens into a bunch, too.

87. yenta-fada
    87 | May 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Eliana wrote:

@ John Difool:

My male cat used to herd the visiting kittens into a bunch, too.

Somehow, somewhere, it’s always Caturday. :-)

88. Eliana
    88 | May 27, 2012 5:06 pm

Yup! :lol:

Dogs are wonderful, too!

89. Mars
    89 | May 27, 2012 5:06 pm

Ok, I’m in a panic here guys. Anyone an expert on web pages? I designed a webpage for a local private school, did everything right, but for some reason it will not show up on google search. It’s been 4 months now and still isn’t listing.

My skills are a little rusty, but I was pretty sure I did everything right. Now I’ve done the google analytics code and am waiting 24 hours to see if google can see the code or not. As of right now it keeps saying code not installed.

I’ve done everything I remember, keywords, headers, outside linking, but nothing is helping.

90. AZfederalist
    90 | May 27, 2012 5:06 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Is that still a ‘dry’ heat at 109?

For now.

When the rainy season starts around July 4, it’s no longer a dry heat. 20 to 30% humidity and 105 degrees is not fun

91. Mars
    91 | May 27, 2012 5:07 pm

We’ve had snow all weekend here.

92. yenta-fada
    92 | May 27, 2012 5:07 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Dogs too. German Shep. finds owner home from deployment after fetching ball.

93. yenta-fada
    93 | May 27, 2012 5:10 pm

@ Mars:

Maybe you could email the BRC at DOD. (Acronym is my third language)

94. Mars
    94 | May 27, 2012 5:11 pm

Might work.

95. yenta-fada
    95 | May 27, 2012 5:11 pm

Mars wrote:

We’ve had snow all weekend here.

What state is that? Alberta can get snow/hail in the summer occasionally.

96. John Difool
    96 | May 27, 2012 5:12 pm

@ Mars:

Hey, you know who’s a realwhiz at web design?

*cough* Charles Johnson * cough* : )

97. Eliana
    97 | May 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Sweet video!!

I love the greetings that dogs give when soldiers come home.

Dogs do happy in really cool ways! :-)

98. yenta-fada
    98 | May 27, 2012 5:16 pm

Eliana wrote:

Sweet video!!

I love the greetings that dogs give when soldiers come home.

Dogs do happy in really cool ways!

Yep. Snoopy/bliss.

99. Calo
    99 | May 27, 2012 5:19 pm

@ John Difool:
    Eliana might be able to help you with your website Mars.

IIRC, she designed this one recently.

100. Mars
    100 | May 27, 2012 5:20 pm

Montana

101. Eliana
    101 | May 27, 2012 5:21 pm

@ Calo:

I just made some changes here about a year ago (although I’m working on a few things on the blog now, actually). :-)

It sounds like he’s already done the things I’ve done in the past to get Google to find websites. I think he needs BRC-level help.

102. Calo
    102 | May 27, 2012 5:22 pm

@ Mars:
    OK, now I am jealous, snow in May???

I should have moved to the North when I had a chance…

103. Mars
    103 | May 27, 2012 5:24 pm

@ Eliana:
    Yeah, I’ve even stepped outside of my WYSIWYG web creator and tweaked things in the HTML, still nothing.

104. Mars
    104 | May 27, 2012 5:26 pm

@ Calo:
    It is a bit odd. Of course week after next will probably shoot up to 100, so it all works out.

105. Calo
    105 | May 27, 2012 5:33 pm

@ Eliana:
    Search engine optimization was the term I was looking for

Eliana, please post us some pics or a video. Let some of us live vicariously through you.

106. Eliana
    106 | May 27, 2012 5:37 pm

@ Calo:

Eliana, please post us some pics or a video.

I will!

Anyone can come here to see for themselves, but it would be fun to make some videos!

107. NoThreat2U
    107 | May 27, 2012 5:50 pm

@ Eliana:
    I would gladly come see you there, but it isn’t in the cards. I am with Calo, we will live vicariously through you :)

108 | May 27, 2012 5:56 pm

@ Mars:
    Hey, you know who’s a realwhiz at web design?
    *cough* Charles Johnson * cough* : )

Didn’t he used to have a blog or something?

109. Eliana
    109 | May 27, 2012 5:57 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

One of my female friends here often goes to Jerusalem with me and it’s joyous all the way. Busy city or not, Jerusalem is unique and it never stops being exciting.

It’s called Ye-ru-sha-la-yim and it’s magical!! :-)

I’ll try to capture some of it in videos. :-)

110. NoThreat2U
    110 | May 27, 2012 5:59 pm

@ Eliana:
    I have seen some pictures of the beauty that is Israel. It would be nice to see some from a personal perspective. People hate ya because they aint ya. Just look how they made the desert bloom!

111. Calo
    111 | May 27, 2012 6:02 pm

{{NT2U}}

We may not be able to travel the world, in search of he perfect shoe.

But, I have faith in Eliana to show us what we are missing.

112. Eliana
    112 | May 27, 2012 6:06 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

Just look how they made the desert bloom!

I live in Judea (an area that some people still wickedly call the “West Bank”) and I can see empty land from my back balcony. There’s still a lot of empty land in the areas that Israel hasn’t annexed yet.

When you go from city to city on Israel’s coastal plain, however, it’s all sweet little communities and crops. No empty land. It’s all blooming!!

113. NoThreat2U
    113 | May 27, 2012 6:11 pm

@ Calo:
    {{{Calo}}} Ah yes, the search for the ever elusive perfect shoe. Actually I saw a pair of red ones with white polka dots…reminded me of Minnie mouse. I trust that Eliana will get some great videos and pictures for us :)

@ Eliana:
    I miss watchin the Naked Archeologist…he was all over Israel and showed some very beautiful places. I would love to hit the beach there for sure!

114. yenta-fada
    114 | May 27, 2012 6:14 pm

The beautiful folksong ‘Jerusalem of Gold’ written in 1967

115. yenta-fada
    115 | May 27, 2012 6:15 pm

Calo wrote:

{{NT2U}}

We may not be able to travel the world, in search of he perfect shoe.

But, I have faith in Eliana to show us what we are missing.

{{Calo}} I’m so glad to see that you are well and posting again!

116. Mars
    116 | May 27, 2012 6:18 pm

I fear I know nothing about DOD, I never go over there, so I have no idea who does what.

117. Eliana
    117 | May 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Our wonderful IDF soldiers are visible in transit every single day here -- they are individuals (sometimes grouped together) going from one location to another -- perhaps coming or going from home.

Here’s a video I like about them:

118. 118 | May 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Coca Cola 600 underway in Charlotte. Fitting -- the pole was won by the No. 43 car -- sponsor is the Air Force.

119. Calo
    119 | May 27, 2012 6:30 pm

{Yenta}}

You are kind.

It was a hard few years. I just thank God for medical advancements that have given me a second chance in life.

And, I feel remiss, probably should post a Saturday Lecture thread documenting how a shocky box can save a life -- there are so many causes for Congestive Heart Failure, and so few “cures”.

120. NoThreat2U
    120 | May 27, 2012 6:33 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    That was lovely. May I ask, do you speak the language?

121. yenta-fada
    121 | May 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Calo wrote:

{Yenta}}

You are kind.

And, I feel remiss, probably should post a Saturday Lecture thread documenting how a shocky box can save a life – there are so many causes for Congestive Heart Failure, and so few “cures”.

I’m sure your family is relieved and grateful that you had the courage to go through with the procedure. It is a miracle of modern medicine.

122. yenta-fada
    122 | May 27, 2012 6:37 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    That was lovely. May I ask, do you speak the language?

Nope. I refused to go to Hebrew school, so I never learned to even read it. My sisters did and hated every minute of it. They made it really boring. Hebrew was not a living language until Israel restored it. Now I wish I had gone though.

123. Eliana
    123 | May 27, 2012 6:38 pm

@ Calo:

So glad to hear about this!!!

124. NoThreat2U
    124 | May 27, 2012 6:40 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    Maybe an online class? I see them offered all over the internet.

125. Mars
    126 | May 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Calo wrote:

{Yenta}}
    You are kind.

My dads hit so fast back in March, the docs said even if I had a shock box it wouldn’t have made a difference. It only took the EMTs about 5 minutes to get to us and it was still too late.

126. yenta-fada
    127 | May 27, 2012 6:42 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    Maybe an online class? I see them offered all over the internet.

Developing cataracts here, so I’m really not in the mood to learn to read again. I’ll just muddle around in English.

127. Eliana
    128 | May 27, 2012 6:42 pm

@ yenta-fada:

I’m studying Hebrew like wild these days!! :-)

I wish I had become fluent before moving here but it is possible to function here in English for people who don’t speak Hebrew at all.

Almost every native-English-speaker I know in Israel is fluent in Hebrew, though. It helps a lot and I’m working on it.

I can get by in Hebrew in some situations but I use a lot of hand signals when I’m shopping. :-)

128. John Difool
    129 | May 27, 2012 6:44 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Coca Cola 600 underway in Charlotte. Fitting – the pole was won by the No. 43 car – sponsor is the Air Force.

BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY !!

129. yenta-fada
  130. John Difool
    131 | May 27, 2012 6:46 pm

@ Mars:
    Hey, you know who’s a realwhiz at web design?
    *cough* Charles Johnson * cough* : )

Didn’t he used to have a blog or something?

Yea, I believe so. He took down a famous journalist or something, Cronkite for saying we lost the Tet Offensive or something if my memory is correct.

131. Eliana
    132 | May 27, 2012 6:47 pm

@ John Difool:

Actually, I think the guy (the supposed blogger) was a legend in his own mind more than anything.

132. NoThreat2U
    133 | May 27, 2012 6:47 pm

I understand :)

@ Eliana:
    English is the universal language.

133. NoThreat2U
    134 | May 27, 2012 6:48 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    You are welcome…just in case you change your mind :)

134. yenta-fada
    135 | May 27, 2012 6:48 pm

Eliana wrote:

@ yenta-fada:

I’m studying Hebrew like wild these days!!

You will learn. People who know you will automatically switch to English in order to communicate better. If you are musical, I suggest learning some Hebrew songs to develop cadence and fluency. I think the ‘right brain’ that helps process music co-ordinates with the language oriented ‘left brain’.

135. Calo
    136 | May 27, 2012 6:49 pm

@ Mars:
    Mars, I am so sorry to hear this…

Yes, time is an enemy in that situation.

Five minutes…

I am sorry for your loss.

136. John Difool
    137 | May 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Eliana wrote:

@ John Difool:

I think you mean IS a legend in his own mind although he’s probably ashamed of taking down William Randolph Hearst now.

Wait….is that right?

137. yenta-fada
    138 | May 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Eliana wrote:

@ John Difool:

Over at one of the Moochelle blogs, they call Obama ALI HOM. (A Legend In His Own Mind)

138. Eliana
    139 | May 27, 2012 6:53 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

English is the universal language.

A lot of Israelis know English at some level (even if it’s not perfect).

There was an article in Israel a few years back that gave me a smile. Someone was talking about how more Israelis need to speak English because of the international business opportunities that can be conducted in English.

The article excitedly said that we (the Jewish people) have over 5 million native-English-speaking Jews in America!! The article said that we should try to get more of them to come to Israel to teach English or something.

I thought it was cute for the writer to get so excited about the Jewish people having so many native-English-speaking Jews in the world.

139. NoThreat2U
    140 | May 27, 2012 6:56 pm

@ Eliana:
    Now that would be a great bilingual goal. Hang on to what is natural and learn the universal language too.

140. Eliana
    141 | May 27, 2012 6:58 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Yeah, my Hebrew is coming along.

People here are so sweet -- when I do speak in halting Hebrew (with as much as I know so far), I get very sweet smiles from Israelis. I think they appreciate the effort.

A lot of people’s parents or grandparents were immigrants to Israel, so they understand and show a lot of patience.

141. John Difool
    142 | May 27, 2012 6:59 pm

You know I’ve always wanted to go to Israel….well not always but after 911 I have, mostly because I became aware of who our friends are and what a beautiful place it is and how fortunate we are to have it as our ally.

I would like to see all of the holy and biblical places and mingle amongst the guardians of the only true democracy in the middle east. Not only the middle east but for probably several thousand miles beyond that.

Fuck Europe.

O.k., maybe Australia too, but there is too much poisonous shit and too many bitey things there for my liking.

142. Eliana
    143 | May 27, 2012 7:04 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

Israel has a majority of bilingual or multilingual people, I’m sure, although I think 70% of Israelis were born here.

When I’m out and about, I hear mostly Hebrew, but I also hear Russian, French, Arabic and English at times.

The ATM machines are in Hebrew, Russian, Arabic and also English (if you use an English credit or debit card, anyway).

My Israeli ATM card for my Israeli bank account only provides a choice between Hebrew, Russian and Arabic. I choose Hebrew and I take my chances.

So far, I’ve gotten the right amount of money from the machines every time. :-)

143. NoThreat2U
    144 | May 27, 2012 7:06 pm

@ John Difool:
    I’m with you re Europe. Part of me is sad about that because I would love to see the ancient castles and such. Now, I would be afraid to go though. As for Israel, imagine walking the same streets our holy persons have walked. That would be awesome!

144. Eliana
    145 | May 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Anyway, it’s after 2am here so I’m heading off to sleep!

It’s been fun to see you guys and I will be here more often now.

Take care!!

145. John Difool
    146 | May 27, 2012 7:09 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

Hell I’d consider living there, but they probably wouldn’t want to have a drunk Christian Southern Irishman living among them. I’d definitely kick off WWIII.

Not much of a Christian though but I’m plenty Irish……and drunken.

146. John Difool
    147 | May 27, 2012 7:11 pm

@ Eliana:

G’night! Your descriptions of living in your new homeland were tantalizing. It was like a postcard I could see in my minds eye. Thanks!

147. yenta-fada
    148 | May 27, 2012 7:11 pm

Eliana wrote:

Anyway, it’s after 2am here so I’m heading off to sleep!

It’s been fun to see you guys and I will be here more often now.

Take care!!

Shalom!

148. Mars
    149 | May 27, 2012 7:11 pm

I think I’ve just found another article idea. You know how it’s just a matter of fact that people in the US are the fattest in the world? In fact everywhere you go online, you can find pretentious assholes from other countries constantly making fun of the fact. Well, it took a lot of searching and changing of search terms, but I’ve found the actual and most recent report on obesity worldwide. Guess what? We aren’t even in the top 10. Yet, O, Moochelle, and the press continue to press this myth to control what we eat and how we eat. Nowhere along the way has anyone considered that personal choice plays into this.

149. NoThreat2U
    150 | May 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Sleep well Eliana!

150. NoThreat2U
    151 | May 27, 2012 7:13 pm

@ John Difool:
    I dont think they would mind at all :)

151. John Difool
    152 | May 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Mars wrote:

Yep, I saw the same stats posted somewhere else along with income/tax statistics and if memory serves me correctly it’s the British who are actually the fattest.

Also being poor in America in a lot of places is like being middle/upper middle class in Europe.

152. Mars
    153 | May 27, 2012 7:14 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    Germany was fun, and a very nice place, but kind of depressing. Now OTOH I’d love to live in Luxembourg, that place was a blast and still so nice and quiet.

153. yenta-fada
    154 | May 27, 2012 7:15 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

Not much of a Christian though but I’m plenty Irish……and drunken.

I’m pretty sure most Israelis would prefer your kind of Irish to a lot of other people they get saddled with.

154. Mars
    155 | May 27, 2012 7:18 pm

@ John Difool:
    The real stats have the UK down to #10. Yet they are the first on forums to start the harassing Americans.

Pacific Islanders are now at the top, represented by Nauru.

Anything other than just the raw percentages by population is someone manipulating the statistics for their own agenda. (That’s how the made teh US #1 in the past. By limiting it to industrialized nations, population by ethnicity, and availability of fast food.) Once the agenda is dropped and the pure numbers are used, their arguments go to hell.

155. John Difool
    156 | May 27, 2012 7:18 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

@ NoThreat2U:
    Not much of a Christian though but I’m plenty Irish……and drunken.

No doubt, I was just being tongue-in-cheek there. Hopefully one day I’ll save enough and take my dream vacation there. Love to see the Holy land and some of the beaches.

156. NoThreat2U
    157 | May 27, 2012 7:18 pm

@ Mars:
    Wasn’t it Jamie Oliver from the UK who did a series here in AMerica for one season on how to make us lose weight? Maybe he should stay in the UK and teach them how.

157. Dolphin
    158 | May 27, 2012 7:19 pm

@ John Difool:
    Me too. Actually started to do research on the trip. I really don’t want to do the group tour/trip thing, but too scared (maybe unsure of myself is a better description) to do it alone.

158. John Difool
    159 | May 27, 2012 7:19 pm

@ Mars:

Now when you say forums you don’t mean /b/ or /sp/ do ya’

*wink*

159. Mars
    160 | May 27, 2012 7:20 pm

I actually had a pos arguing with me on another site about which party was spending the highest in our government. I used the pure numbers straight from the Dept of Treasury. He said I was a liar and didn’t know what I was talking about, because some stupid CBO report that he wouldn’t post the original link of, had some kind of cryptic mathematical formula showing that the Republicans were the worst spenders in the government. I linked my post directly to the Dept of Treasury numbers.

160. NoThreat2U
    161 | May 27, 2012 7:20 pm

@ Mars:
    I honestly dont know how I would feel with so many muslims around. That may seem lame, but I think of it that way.

161. John Difool
    162 | May 27, 2012 7:22 pm

Dolphin wrote:

@ John Difool:

I wouldn’t go it alone, my wife would go with me of course. She actually looks middle eastern since she’s only second generation removed Assyrian Christian.

162. Mars
    163 | May 27, 2012 7:22 pm

@ John Difool:
    Lol, nope just different random forums. Like today, I was looking for all the info on secret menus at popular restaurants. And every other asshat was pushing the meme that we were the fattest country and demanding government regulation of the industry. Of course this was from 2010, but we’ve had the actual numbers since 2007, they just weren’t able to publish until 2011.

163. yenta-fada
    164 | May 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Heck, I feel the same way about Toronto. :-(
    (looks out of window watching large mosque going up)

164. Mars
    165 | May 27, 2012 7:25 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    The only muslim influence in Germany is the turks. (At least when I was there.) The problem was that they and the Nazis (I’m sorry, I mean white supremicists.) were constantly getting into massive fights. Even in clubs out in the boonies.

165. John Difool
    166 | May 27, 2012 7:27 pm

Mars wrote:

@ NoThreat2U:

Which is weird because the Turks had the highest concentration of actual Nazis during WWII outside of Germany.

166. yenta-fada
    167 | May 27, 2012 7:28 pm

Mars wrote:

@ NoThreat2U:

That might be one of those ‘don’t stop them when your enemies are fighting’ situations./

167. Dolphin
    168 | May 27, 2012 7:31 pm

@ John Difool:
    Yeah, I wouldn’t. Like I said just started looking into it. I want to go before I get much older and/or before the region becomes too unstable. I have never had ANY desire to travel anywhere outside the US except to go to Israel.

168. yenta-fada
    169 | May 27, 2012 7:31 pm

Mars wrote:

@ NoThreat2U:

To the neo-nazis, the muslims are outsiders who are parasitic. To the muslims, the neo-nazis are infidels. Just guessing, of course.

169. John Difool
    170 | May 27, 2012 7:32 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Mars wrote:

Alien vs. Predator

Whoever wins, we all lose

170. yenta-fada
    171 | May 27, 2012 7:33 pm

Mars wrote:

@ NoThreat2U:

Luxembourg sounds like a good place for rich people to sit out the zombie apocalypse.

171. John Difool
    172 | May 27, 2012 7:34 pm

@ Dolphin:

The region will become more stable within the next 25 years. Orthodox Jews are outbreeding liberal Jews over there 5 to 1 last time I checked : )

172. Mars
    173 | May 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Pretty much.@ John Difool:
    Yep

173. John Difool
    174 | May 27, 2012 7:36 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Mars wrote:

@ NoThreat2U:

You may want to purchase your ticket now. The Zombie Apocalypse has already begun

174. Mars
    175 | May 27, 2012 7:37 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    Yes it would be. Best part is, it would probably only take the better part of the day to close the border, lol.

175. Mars
    176 | May 27, 2012 7:37 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Mars wrote:
    @ NoThreat2U:

Gotta be something like that, I just know they really, really hate each other. We servicemen, just kinda sat back and stayed the hell out of it.

176. yenta-fada
    177 | May 27, 2012 7:38 pm

lol. Harvard throws Elizabeth Warren under the bus.

177. yenta-fada
    178 | May 27, 2012 7:39 pm

@ Dolphin:

From your keyboard to ‘His’ computer.

178. Dolphin
    179 | May 27, 2012 7:41 pm

@ John Difool:
    :-) Yes, but I won’t get younger! LOL! Wished I had been on the thread earlier and chatted with Eliana, but will try and catch her later.

180 | May 27, 2012 7:41 pm

I wouldn’t write off Europe in it’s entirety. I’d still like to see Switzerland, the Czech
    Republic and Poland. None of those countries are overrun by
    Muslims, nor do I think it likely they will be.

180. John Difool
    181 | May 27, 2012 7:42 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

@ Dolphin:

From your keyboard to ‘His’ computer.

Thats not a myth thats a fact. Can’t remember what site it was (Huffpo maybe) but I remember seeing a recently transplanted New Yorker liberal Jewish person bitching about it.

182 | May 27, 2012 7:45 pm

There are a lot of Haitian immigrants in So. Fla. Haiti
    is the homeland of Zombies.

Raaaaacism!

182. John Difool
    183 | May 27, 2012 7:45 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Republic and Poland. None of those countries are overrun by
    Muslims, nor do I think it likely they will be.

True, Eastern Europe still has their wits about them for the most part. Of course they’re not far removed from the tyranny and murder that were the Nazis and then their knights in shining armor the Communists who came in and rescued them shortly after.

The reason why they’re still erecting statues of Reagan in public squares as we speak.

183. yenta-fada
    184 | May 27, 2012 7:45 pm

@ John Difool:

Impossible to outbreed 1.2 billion Muslims though.

184. NoThreat2U
    185 | May 27, 2012 7:47 pm

@ John Difool:
    I like that…Alien vs Predator. Where I am I am not exposed to muslims therefore, all I know about them I learned on 9/11.

185. yenta-fada
    186 | May 27, 2012 7:48 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Our local foodbank that feeds over 1,000 muslim families is complaining that the number of families requiring food has DOUBLED in the past YEAR. Take take take.

186. Mars
    187 | May 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Saw the other day that O’s Occidental college records came out somewhere, and they had him listed as a foreign student. (This is not birther stuff, this is him lying to get special consideration.) Only problem is, it linked to a less than reliable site. Still looking to see if a little more reliable site has picked this up yet or if the records are still sealed.

188 | May 27, 2012 7:49 pm

ok…the oot goes up at 9pm tonight.

its a trip(le)

;)

188. John Difool
    189 | May 27, 2012 7:49 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

@ John Difool:
    Impossible to outbreed 1.2 billion Muslims though.

Yes, but it’s a good start. Doesn’t take 1.2 billion of Gods people to defeat 1.2 billion of Mohammed’s sheeple.

I’d put my money on 5 million Israelis against 1 billion goat fuckers any day.

190 | May 27, 2012 7:50 pm

@ John Difool:

Yes. But in a way being occupied by the commies for 50 years was a blessing in disguise.
    They weren’t overrun by third world economic immigrants and have been innoculated against the
    virus of cultural Marxism that has infected Western Europe and our Blue States.

190. Dolphin
    191 | May 27, 2012 7:51 pm

@ The Osprey:
    My thought is there are too many places I want to see (or re-see as an adult) here in the US. Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Glacier national park, Washington DC, New York City… to name a few.

My draw to Israel is something different.

191. John Difool
    192 | May 27, 2012 7:52 pm

@ John Difool:

I know enough about them to know they are the enemies of all that is good about this world

192. NoThreat2U
    193 | May 27, 2012 7:52 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    That is all because they are lazy.

193. yenta-fada
    194 | May 27, 2012 7:53 pm

@ John Difool:

Ismaili Muslims who follow the Aga Khan are a small, but educated and successful group in Toronto. They are the exception to the rule. Ali Velshi who does money reporting on CNN is from here and started out on Canada’s Business TV channel. He’s not interested in a Sharia government!

194. NoThreat2U
    195 | May 27, 2012 7:54 pm

So very very true.

195. John Difool
    196 | May 27, 2012 7:54 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

@ John Difool:

Yes but they are the exception. they would be considered apostates by your average Dearborn, Michigan resident

196. yenta-fada
    197 | May 27, 2012 7:57 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    That is all because they are lazy.

Here’s a *success* story:

A PROMINENT Muslim youth leader, who preaches the perils of crime to his community, has been charged with possessing more than $1.5 million worth of cocaine.
    Police allege 36-year-old Fadi Abdul-Rahman, who featured in Kevin Rudd’s 2020 Summit in 2008 and has been a fighter for justice in western Sydney, was part of a commercial cocaine syndicate that was caught with 5kg of the drug hidden in a chess set.
    Abdul-Rahman appeared in the Downing Centre Local Court on Tuesday, facing two commercial drugs charges after he was arrested during a police sting at Punchbowl in March. Abdul-Rahman’s lawyer Brett Galloway told The Sunday Telegraph he would defend the charges.
    “There are no facts which establish any of the offences. . . they are consistent with his innocence or that he was in the wrong place at a bad time,” Mr Galloway said.
    The courtroom was a world away from when Abdul-Rahman mixed with ex-PM Rudd in 2008 and was a member of the summit’s Strengthening Communities, Supporting Families and Social Inclusion Committee.
    He became a prominent public figure for his work in steering Lebanese youth away from a life of crime and his work was the subject of SBS and ABC TV documentaries.
    According to police documents tendered to court at a bail hearing in April, Abdul-Rahman was one of three men arrested on March 30 at an apartment on Dudley St, Punchbowl.
    Police allege Abdul-Rahman and another man were in the process of cracking open the chess set when they were arrested.
    Police had intercepted the cocaine, which had been smuggled from the US, and replaced it with an “inert substance”, court documents said.
    Police also placed a listening device “in the vicinity of the consignment” which allegedly recorded Abdul-Rahman saying: “It’s a f . . . . . . . tracker.” Abdul-Rahman was charged with attempting to possess a commercial quantity of cocaine and conspiring to import a commercial quantity of cocaine.
    Punchbowl man Ahmad Khodr, 23, was also arrested and charged with attempting to possess a commercial quantity of cocaine and conspiring to import a commercial quantity of cocaine.
    Ibrahim Hamra, 38, of Yagoona, was charged with importing a commercial quantity of cocaine and allegedly supplied the drugs to Abdul-Rahman and Khodr, court documents said.

197. Mars
    198 | May 27, 2012 7:59 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    There’s a family like that here in my town. They came out of Pakistan, and a lot of their family is there, but they hate going back to visit. Plus they hate sharia and love the freedom they have here. (Guessing they’re probably liberals too, Husband is a Psychologist, wife is a teacher.) But, they are good people and very different from what I’ve known before in the ME. (Though I did meet some really nice westernized Kuwaitis while is was in Kuwait. Way nicer country than the Kingdom.)

198. yenta-fada
    199 | May 27, 2012 7:59 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

199. yenta-fada
    200 | May 27, 2012 8:02 pm

later, crocodiles.

200. John Difool
    201 | May 27, 2012 8:02 pm

So very very true.

Our betters in academia who are quite fond of alternate history would like us to think the crusades took place many many centuries ago and it’s we who have the problem and aren’t being tolerant of the muslims. I say the crusades never stopped. Of course the crusades were a direct result of the muslim world invading the Holy land and even getting as far as Southern Europe, slaughtering all non-believers along the way but our elitist historians would have us believe it was unprovoked aggression launched against the muslims by Christian kings and the Vatican.

History has shown muslims don’t get along with their neighbors very well, sort of like a cockroach infestation.

Except, cockroaches don’t tend to blow your house up.

201. Dolphin
    202 | May 27, 2012 8:03 pm

@ Mars:
    I work with one like that. Not sure what sec(?) he is, but his last name is Khan. He migrated here with his parents from Iran (way back). Now has a family of his own (beautiful family btw). He is a very hard worker and is very respectful of woman -- much more so than other mussies I work with.

202. Mars
    203 | May 27, 2012 8:06 pm

@ Dolphin:
    There do seem to be some moderate muslims finally starting to pop up here and there. Problem is they are still a massive minority, and they sure as hell aren’t the ones taking over the countries in the ME>

203. Bob-Crotchit
    204 | May 27, 2012 8:07 pm

NO new thread since noon. The admins must all be at the same party. I have the number- can someone call them for another thread. 867-5309

204. Mars
    205 | May 27, 2012 8:09 pm

@ Bob-Crotchit:
    Nothing coming until tonights OOT triple.

205. Dolphin
    206 | May 27, 2012 8:10 pm

Good evening chica!

You may (as others) enjoy this short documentary. I watched it last week. Very moving and exciting on archeological digs going on, in and around the old City of David and Old Jerusalem.

Yishai Fleisher (JewishPress.com) takes us on an adventure in the famous Ir Davide (City of David) in Jerusalem. Connections between the history of the Jewish people in Israel and the modern day discovery of archeological evidence.

206. Mars
    207 | May 27, 2012 8:10 pm

ok…the oot goes up at 9pm tonight.
    its a trip(le)

207. NoThreat2U
    208 | May 27, 2012 8:10 pm

@ John Difool:
    I cant tell you how many times someone has told me we need a new Crusade. They are already taking over Europe and no one seems to care.

208. Mars
  209. NoThreat2U
    210 | May 27, 2012 8:12 pm

@ Dolphin:
    Hey there! I look forward to watching that video. My RealPlayer has this awesome feature that downloads videos for later viewing. Thank you!

210. John Difool
    211 | May 27, 2012 8:13 pm

@ John Difool:

We don’t need a new crusade the same way as we don’t need new immigration laws, we’re still in the middle of the old crusades. We just need to force the progressives out of the way so we can start swinging our swords again but if they don’t get out of the way that’s just fine by me.

212 | May 27, 2012 8:14 pm

Bob-Crotchit wrote:

watchoo need bob?

we are all at a brasilian mma beach party in southern florida.

can i offer you a Caipirinha or 3?

212. Dolphin
    213 | May 27, 2012 8:16 pm

@ Mars:
    Don’t get me wrong, I have worked with quite a few muslims. Most love the US and we have spoke honestly about the 9/11 attacks (my company was in WTC1 at the time). We work in a high rise in Houston. One guy shortly after 9/11 went to his boss (in my department) and was all frantic. I happened past the office when the conversation was going on. The guy was from Pakistan and had been in the US for about 10 years (Omar was his name). Omar said to Kenny “you don’t understand, they are going to come after me. I have taken several flight lessons and am a member of the NRA” Kenny and I had a good laugh at his expense later on, but Omar was one of the good ones.

213. Dolphin
    214 | May 27, 2012 8:18 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    Do check it out. They have discovered factual evidence of the first Temple. It is truly amazing. Would love to hear what you think after you watch.

215 | May 27, 2012 8:34 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

hey…we got ribs tomorrow.

holla if you’ll be here.

need to know asap

215. Dolphin
    216 | May 27, 2012 8:34 pm

I. Killed. The. Thread.

Sorry all.

:-(

216. NoThreat2U
    217 | May 27, 2012 8:35 pm

@ Dolphin:
    I shall report back to you :)

217. NoThreat2U
    218 | May 27, 2012 8:36 pm

Sure. What is a good time?

219 | May 27, 2012 8:45 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

Sure. What is a good time?

go for 4pm

220 | May 27, 2012 8:47 pm

Dolphin wrote:

I. Killed. The. Thread.
    Sorry all.

use this

220. NoThreat2U
    221 | May 27, 2012 8:52 pm

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the invite.

221. Dolphin
    222 | May 27, 2012 8:52 pm

lol. I did see the dfib vs vfib (or what ever) post earlier today. I got a good laugh about it.

Had to leave the pad behind and go with the laptop. Pad doesn’t like threads when they get more than 180 (or so) long.

224 | May 27, 2012 8:53 pm

This SWATting business is going to get out of hand. The 911 systems need to be updated to counter the unknown phone call. The penalty for it needs to have some kind of manslaughter penalty to it.

There are going to be copy cat callers. Anarchists. Criminals looking to cloak a crime. Spurned spouses. It’s going to take a few rough jail sentences for the crowd to die down so only the loonies do it.

225 | May 27, 2012 8:55 pm

@ Dolphin:

just for you…the oot is up now

226 | May 27, 2012 8:57 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the invite.

holla tomorrow around 2pm for final plan

227 | May 27, 2012 8:57 pm

@ 213 Dolphin: I’ve known iranians and pakistanis and a few palestians, a few egyptians, a few somalis. All muslim. All conspiracy paranoid. It’s like some part of them still thinks it is the dark ages.

I used to count it as the unreliable russian textbooks they were exposed to in Africa and just crazy in iran. But now I think it might be institutional koranizing that does them in. They can be very nice people until stress brings out the worst of their characters. A character formed by child abuse via reading the Koran.

228 | May 27, 2012 8:57 pm

oot is up

thanks bunk

227. Dolphin
    229 | May 27, 2012 8:57 pm

woo hoo! back to sitting my happy a$$ on the couch with my pad!!

Thanks

228. Mars
    230 | May 27, 2012 9:00 pm

@ darkwords:
    That’s what surprised me about these people. I’ve met a lot of muslims, mostly in the ME, and these are the first that aren’t buying into the conspiracy crap, and the sharia insanity.

I guess they are the 1%, lol.

229. NoThreat2U
    231 | May 27, 2012 10:10 pm

BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

230. 232 | May 28, 2012 3:41 am

Excepting the few policemen on break and myself, I counted FIVE people here in the diner wearing T-shirts or other gear emblazoned with the Stars and Stripes.

A Harley and a F-350 dually parked outside both have patriotic motifs.

A average night here.