Memorial Day 2012: A Tale of Two Networks.

by Flyovercountry ( 66 Comments › )
Filed under Media, Politics at May 29th, 2012 - 8:00 am

No matter what your political bent is, there are some things which should be flat out beyond the political fray of the moment. Those brave members of our military deserve our respect and gratitude. They serve our nation without question. They have no say in the political considerations which are used to place them into harms way. Memorial day is the day we honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice on behalf of what should be a grateful nation. In November, we honor those who are still among us. I decided to go in search of some of the memorials being played out today on our major media. The first offering is from MSNBC, a few words will follow.

Yes, he really said the following. (Clip and transcript from Breitbart.com)

Thinking today and observing Memorial Day, that’ll be happening tomorrow. Just talked with Lt. Col. Steve Burke [sic, actually Beck], who was a casualty officer with the Marines and had to tell people [inaudible]. Um, I, I, ah, back sorry, um, I think it’s interesting because I think it is very difficult to talk about the war dead and the fallen without invoking valor, without invoking the words “heroes.” Um, and, ah, ah, why do I feel so comfortable [sic] about the word “hero”? I feel comfortable, ah, uncomfortable, about the word because it seems to me that it is so rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war. Um, and, I don’t want to obviously desecrate or disrespect memory of anyone that’s fallen, and obviously there are individual circumstances in which there is genuine, tremendous heroism: hail of gunfire, rescuing fellow soldiers and things like that. But it seems to me that we marshal this word in a way that is problematic. But maybe I’m wrong about that.

I do not know where Chris Hayes was educated. Where ever it was, he learned nothing more than how to use big words which end up meaning nothing. The phrase, “rhetorically proximate to justifications,” is exactly the point made in yesterday’s post by Thomas Sowell about why society does not need intellectuals. Hayes put that big brain of his into action and came up with the most morally bankrupt piece of nonsense ever uttered on American Soil. This tolerant creature from the left is exactly the same type of individual which made Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Qaddafi, and Ahmadinejad, possible.

Now, let’s leave the post on a good note. Here is one of the tributes made on Fox News during a long weekend. Actual gratitude for our sons and daughters who have been asked for and paid the ultimate price for our continued freedom.

Notice that there was not a single mention of anything even remotely political during the thanks. Just a personal tale of what Memorial day means to Jenna Lee. and all of it with a vocabulary that while it was easy to understand, it packed one hell of a meaning.

Cross Posted at Musings of a Mad Conservative.

Comments

66 Responses to “Memorial Day 2012: A Tale of Two Networks.”

1 | May 29, 2012 8:27 am

Hayes whole argument is reliant on the premise that WE start ALL wars.

2. mawskrat
    2 | May 29, 2012 8:39 am

Well said Jenna!

3. rain of lead
    3 | May 29, 2012 9:00 am

hahahahah

Dare to debate? Marisa DeFranco comes out swinging

Democratic underdog Marisa DeFranco, claiming she’s riding a new wave of momentum as party establishment darling Elizabeth Warren struggles with a persistent scandal, is demanding at least four primary debates as the U.S. Senate race rivals head into the weekend’s state Democratic convention — and last night the Warren campaign opened the door to the possibility.

oh, mornin ya’ll

4 | May 29, 2012 9:04 am

@ rain of lead:

Warren is in exile, I think.

5 | May 29, 2012 9:08 am

Halper mentions in his article that Hayes is an editor at large for the far left Nation Magazine. That explains his quizzical attitude toward the outrage directed toward him. He really didn’t think what he said was all that bad.

Link.

6. rain of lead
    6 | May 29, 2012 9:14 am

@ Bumr50:

the dems are trying to block defranco from getting 15% needed
    to be a primary challenger

7 | May 29, 2012 9:24 am

Not that it matters, but Chris Hayes has issued an apology for stupid remarks. As I never ever go to MSNBC, I’d never heard of this twerp until Friday’s flappadoodle. His yammerings are typical of the vacuous drivel coming from Kerry, Biden, O-hole, et al. Long-winded BS intended to make us think they’re smart.

8 | May 29, 2012 9:24 am

Any way to stop that vid from starting every time we refresh?

9. citizen_q
    9 | May 29, 2012 9:27 am

Good morning all.

I hope everyone had a good, safe holiday weekend.

I won’t even bother with this nobody mslsd talking head’s name. He seems to be the product of a lifetime of progressive PC indoctrination , education and hanging out with the same. His ethics and morals have been so eroded he cannot tell good from bad.

10. citizen_q
    10 | May 29, 2012 9:30 am

@ huckfunn:
    Let me guess it’s one of those insincere “I’m sorry someone was offended” non-apology apologies.

11 | May 29, 2012 9:32 am

@ citizen_q:
    Pretty much. More tortured babblings about previous tortured babblings.

12. 12 | May 29, 2012 9:33 am

@ huckfunn:

Immediately pressing the pause button upon refresh is the only way that I’ve found so far. If there is some programming formula found in the embed code, that would be well beyond my abilities.

13 | May 29, 2012 9:35 am

@ Flyovercountry:
    I’ll just deal with it. I’m already pissed off at Dewhurst and that opening commercial will add to my resolve to vote for Ted Cruz when I go to the polls this morning.

14. 14 | May 29, 2012 9:41 am

@ huckfunn:

That’s funny, I get a different commercial. I get Barack Obama telling me all about how he has cut spending, which causes a shot of coffee to be sprayed across my keyboard and screen, followed by his claim to have increased domestic energy production in the United States to an all time high, which sends a second spray along the same trajectory as the first.

15 | May 29, 2012 9:42 am

@ Flyovercountry:

Me too.

16. citizen_q
    16 | May 29, 2012 9:48 am

@ Flyovercountry:
    @ Bumr50:
    Try clearing your browser history, files, and cookies. They try to personalize your ads by examining your browser history.

I have my browser set to clear history and cookies when it is shutdown.

17 | May 29, 2012 9:52 am

@ Flyovercountry:
    @ Bumr50:
    Mine is a Ted Cruz ad telling us what a RINO David Dewhurst is. For those not familiar with that contest, David Dewhurst is the sitting Lt. Governor of Texas. He is the RINO candidate for Senator Kay B. Hutchinson’s senate sear. Cruz is the Tea Party pic. Son of a Cuban immigrant, he’s very much in the mold of Rubio. Cruz has pulled to within single digits of Dewhurst. There are also about 6 other candidates but the real race is Dewhurst and Cruz. If no one get’s 51% there will be a runnoff. That’s where I think this is headed. It would be great to see Cruz get the 51%.

18 | May 29, 2012 9:55 am

citizen_q wrote:

@ Flyovercountry:
    @ Bumr50:

I have my browser set to clear history and cookies when it is shutdown.

Didn’t work. I’m thinking that the ad you see is based upon the location of your ISP.

19. citizen_q
    19 | May 29, 2012 9:58 am

@ huckfunn:
    Sorry. In this case it may be.

20. 20 | May 29, 2012 10:07 am

@ citizen_q:

I got pneumonia. Joy. I spent yesterday in the ER, and am home from work today. Wah. I shall cry… 8O

21. Doppelganger
    21 | May 29, 2012 10:08 am

warren is an ungrateful and ignorant twerp.

my grandfather who was in the British Navy in WWII would do what is appropriate to this twerp: he’d box his ears

and his faux apology only made things worse. Rather than say I was a twat and I’m sorry he gave this convoluted nonsense that really said nothing

22. Doppelganger
    22 | May 29, 2012 10:08 am

@ Doppelganger:

I meant Hayes. have no idea why I typed warren!

23 | May 29, 2012 10:11 am

Hope you feel better.

24. Guggi
    24 | May 29, 2012 10:12 am

@ citizen_q:

I’m so sorry for you. Get well soon !!!!

25. 25 | May 29, 2012 10:15 am

Thanks, guys (and girl :P )! I appreciate it.

26 | May 29, 2012 10:17 am

Hayes was educated at Brown, with a BA in Philosophy; in addition to being a sometime editor of the far-left Nation and a former substitute host for Rachel Maddow, he is an editor of the Socialist Chicago paper In These Times; his wife is one of Barack Obama’s attorneys and his brother is a Democratic Party political operative. (All this from Wiki.)

Any questions?

27 | May 29, 2012 10:22 am

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Wow! MSNBC had to look under a lot of rocks to find that twit.

28. citizen_q
    28 | May 29, 2012 10:23 am

Sorry to hear that, hope you feel better!

29. 29 | May 29, 2012 10:23 am

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Any questions?

Clearly a dyed in the wool Marxist douchebag…

30. 30 | May 29, 2012 10:24 am

huckfunn wrote:

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Wow! MSNBC had to look under a lot of rocks to find that twit.

Nope, he was obviously handed to them on a silver platter…

31. SciFiGuy
    31 | May 29, 2012 10:27 am

huckfunn wrote:

@ Flyovercountry:

DITTO

32. 32 | May 29, 2012 10:31 am

@ SciFiGuy:

Go Ted! It will really send a message to the RINO establishment if he wins.

33. 33 | May 29, 2012 10:32 am

@ buzzsawmonkey:

I knew that, “rhetorically proximate,” had to have come from an Ivy League indoctrination. Pure pap, lot of big sounding words with a conclusion that could only come from a complete lack of actual thought. Every single one of these dolts sound exactly to me like the Damon Wayans character, Oswald Bates.

34. 34 | May 29, 2012 10:34 am

Stay healthy we need an Iron Fist!

35 | May 29, 2012 10:35 am

@ SciFiGuy:
    I’m thinking that at the very least Cruz will force a runnoff. It would the icing on the cake if he were to get 51% today.

Sorry to hear of your ailment, Ironman. Rub some dirt on it. Hope you’re feeling better.

36. 36 | May 29, 2012 10:36 am

Back from the beach guys!

I see the media is hyping up a “massacre” in Syria. Here we go again. NATO will do the bidding of the House of Saud/Muslim Brotherhood.

This is getting old and I’m tired of my nation being the Jannasaries of the Islamic world. This shit needs to stop.

37. 37 | May 29, 2012 10:38 am

@ Flyovercountry:

I wonder if that’s where General Seti got is shtick from.

38. 38 | May 29, 2012 10:39 am

Don’t worry, we only have 154 more days of this to go. Mitt, for all of his many faults, seems to be listening exclusively to John Bolton for his foreign policy advice.

39. 39 | May 29, 2012 10:40 am

Probably, but Wayans meant it as comedy and not as a documentary. Seti clearly took it as the latter.

40. Guggi
    40 | May 29, 2012 10:41 am

You don’t say it :-)

Global Green Agenda Continues To Fail

There was a time — as recently as early 2010 — when the Great and the Good, the Champions of the Conventional Wisdom and the Oracles of the Davoisie identified the UN’s forlorn climate change negotiations as the wave of the future and the last best hope of man. Let the futility and failure to which all this led be a reminder to us and to them: those who guide the world’s destiny aren’t nearly as discerning as they think they are. Between the American housing bubble, the European meltdown and the climate policy disaster, it almost begins to look as if the Establishment consists mostly of overpaid, egotistical blowhards

41. 41 | May 29, 2012 10:45 am

@ Flyovercountry:

I saw Bolton calling for intervening in Syria. So I don’t trust Romney on this either.

42. 42 | May 29, 2012 10:45 am

@ Flyovercountry:

Although I wonder about Seti sometimes.

43. citizen_q
    43 | May 29, 2012 10:47 am

I think it may be based on real characters.

I once passed someone having a conversation in a public library who was having a conversation whose style was the spitting image Oswald Bates.

44. 44 | May 29, 2012 10:48 am

@ citizen_q:

Yes many of these Afro-Centric types use big words.

45. citizen_q
    45 | May 29, 2012 10:50 am

I kept thinking of Ingio Montoya from the Princess Bride, “I don’t think that means what you think it does”.

46. 46 | May 29, 2012 10:53 am

@ Guggi:

Yup!

47 | May 29, 2012 10:55 am

An Arab Muslim enters a taxi cab in San Antonio, Texas ……….
    Once he is seated he asks the cab driver to turn off the radio because he must not hear music as decreed by his religion and; in the time of the prophet, there was no music, especially Western music, which is music of the infidel’s and certainly no radio ……..

So the cab driver politely switches off the radio, pulls over to the side, stops the cab and opens the back door.

The Arab asks him: “What are you doing man?”

The Texan answers: “In the time of the prophet there were no taxis. So get your ass out and wait for a camel.”

The great state….TEXAS

48. m
    48 | May 29, 2012 11:01 am

TAXI = HARAAM!
    Mo said so! Ok, well he would have if he’d known!

49 | May 29, 2012 11:08 am

Greetings & salutations from the airport, you evil
    one percenters.
    I have once again successfuly navigated the complexities
    of the Obama Transportation Travel Authority.
    I think that I have this figured out, they bare profiling
    four year old little girls with blond hair,blue eyes &
    their dollies.
    Notice that there has not been one terrorist incident
    at the airport involving a four year old girl?
    See, it’s working./

50 | May 29, 2012 11:25 am

Hail Gröpenfuhrer Napolitano!

51 | May 29, 2012 11:28 am

The Osprey wrote:

Hail Gröpenfuhrer Napolitano!

Now if you are 73 years old, you can leave on a
    light jacket & your shoes to go through security.
    So, I assume that covers Achmed & Mohammad too.
    TSA makes no sense.

52. 52 | May 29, 2012 11:29 am

Greetings & salutations from the airport, you evil
    one percenters.
    I have once again successfuly navigated the complexities
    of the Obama Transportation Travel Authority.
    I think that I have this figured out, they bare profiling
    four year old little girls with blond hair,blue eyes &
    their dollies.
    Notice that there has not been one terrorist incident
    at the airport involving a four year old girl?
    See, it’s working./

I see all of those visit’s of your to the William Ayer’s Memorial Community Reeducation and Conservative Elimination Facility are finally starting to pay off… :twisted:

53 | May 29, 2012 11:31 am

m wrote:

TAXI = HARAAM!
    Mo said so! Ok, well he would have if he’d known!

:wink:

54. 54 | May 29, 2012 11:34 am

The Osprey wrote:

Hail Gröpenfuhrer Napolitano!

If that’s supposed to be Deutsche, shouldn’t that be Heil? 8)

55. 55 | May 29, 2012 11:36 am

m wrote:

TAXI = HARAAM!
    Mo said so! Ok, well he would have if he’d known!

Hey, aren’t “Prophets” suppose to know about future stuff???

56 | May 29, 2012 11:37 am

57. 57 | May 29, 2012 11:38 am

@ huckfunn:

Does this mean she has shaved? 8)

58 | May 29, 2012 11:39 am

@ Macker:
    I’ll leave that one alone. The image bad enough.

59. 59 | May 29, 2012 11:45 am

@ huckfunn:

Don’t scare me like that. I half expected to see a vestigial penis, or some reason why she has a voice deeper in pitch than James Earl Jones.

What is it with Democrats and their lesbian appointees? Janet Reno, Janet incompetentano, Elena Kagan, what’s next with these people?

60 | May 29, 2012 11:47 am

Oh yeah, once you open your mind to the fabulousness
    of the Obama, a perfect state of peace & tranquility
    is achieved.
    It takes away all of the stress of thinking for ones self.

61 | May 29, 2012 11:48 am

My eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!

62 | May 29, 2012 11:50 am

Flyovercountry wrote:

If Comrade Zer0 gets his second term my guess would be the first transgender supreme court justice.

63. 63 | May 29, 2012 11:51 am

Flyovercountry wrote:

@ huckfunn:

Why they’re all so cheerful, bright and GHEY!

64 | May 29, 2012 11:51 am

My eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that. :mrgreen:

65. 65 | May 29, 2012 11:53 am

Flyovercountry wrote:

@ huckfunn:

I was going to say Asmodeus Mephistopheles and Lucifer himself, but then I realize that the democrats had already gotten all three of those guys elected to Congress… :shock:

66 | May 29, 2012 12:57 pm

huckfunn wrote:

He’s already appointed the First DA/DT Justice.