Strike The Pose & We’ll Feed Ya The OOT

by Bunk X ( 50 Comments › )
Filed under Caption This, Humor, OOT, Open thread at June 3rd, 2012 - 11:00 pm

[via]
Somebody’s boyfriend needs some serious rehab, and a shave, and whoa! Is that a laptop or a menuboard? I don’t know, Babs, but I do know this. It’s time for
The Overnight Open Thread.

Tags: , , ,

Comments

50 Responses to “Strike The Pose & We’ll Feed Ya The OOT”

1. 1 | June 3, 2012 11:10 pm

Mayor Bloomberg will save this hairy beast by taking away his 16-0z. sugar drinks. The world will be a better place.

2. 2 | June 3, 2012 11:12 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    Yes. Get rid of the .32 caliber straws, too. Make them sip and suck harder.

3. 3 | June 3, 2012 11:20 pm

@ Bunk X:

Ooooo Bunk, I love it when you talk dirty to me.

4. 4 | June 3, 2012 11:32 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    I love it when you love it, whether we’re talking about a hairy thunderer or a cosmic muffin. Know what to kiss, and when.

5. 5 | June 4, 2012 12:09 am

So… I guess this is a private thread then? :^)

6. 6 | June 4, 2012 12:20 am

@ Zimriel:
    Not any more. She’s dieseling in the back room. Who is this “rossp” who showed up on BTR Chat?

7. 7 | June 4, 2012 12:26 am

Not I. I was in Table 9, and intermittently whining at Ace via cellphone to be unbanned from there.

I already offered him valu-rite vodka. I hope he doesn’t make me wear a hobo costume and chase me around the city.

8. Calo
    8 | June 4, 2012 12:28 am

@ Bunk X:
    See, I would have called in, but I knew my F bombs would have been bleeped out.

rossp is a creep -- really, anyone who brings your spouse up and comments on her reminds me of another person with similar tactics like Brett Kimberlin.

9. 9 | June 4, 2012 12:32 am

@ Calo:
    Yeesh. I missed that drama. I listened to the first half, with Buckhead. Interesting stuff with the internals at CBS (which I guess Buckhead found out about later). I wouldn’t be surprised if li’l Kim found out about this site, though.

10. 10 | June 4, 2012 12:51 am

@ Calo:
    I tried to find out what his/her beef was, then silence. If it was indeed my good friend “pendajo” then that would explain it. Years ago I posted his IP before I knew that doing it was poor sportsmanship. Back then I thought all blogs played by The Charles Johnson Rules Of Blogging, and I was very wrong.

11. 11 | June 4, 2012 12:58 am

Bunk X wrote:

@ Calo:

Chunkels the Clown’s blog rules change more often then the bag of cheeto’s he’s munching on does…

12. 12 | June 4, 2012 1:00 am

ROTFLMAO…. Oh man… this is going to leave on hell of a bruise.

Nearly 90% who gave Obama $200 or more in 2008 haven’t donated this time

13. Calo
    13 | June 4, 2012 1:05 am

@ Bunk X:
    Hah! I was so naive back then that I had to ask Mongoose what was wrong with posting an IP address online.

*dumb idiot*

14. Calo
    14 | June 4, 2012 1:07 am

@ Calo:
    Don’t ask me how I walked to school, uphill, both ways.

15. yenta-fada
    15 | June 4, 2012 1:07 am

The part of the show I heard tonight was excellent. I liked all the lawyer dialogue between Buckhead and Carolina Girl. I feel like I’m doing 30mph in a 75mph zone on a lot of U.S. political topics. Fact based reporting. Hope it catches on.

16. yenta-fada
    16 | June 4, 2012 1:08 am

Calo wrote:

@ Calo:
    Don’t ask me how I walked to school, uphill, both ways.

In zee snow!

17. 17 | June 4, 2012 1:16 am

yenta-fada wrote:

Calo wrote:
    @ Calo:
    Don’t ask me how I walked to school, uphill, both ways.
    In zee snow!

Bare footed carrying 100 lbs of stone tablets that were her school books… :twisted:

18. yenta-fada
    18 | June 4, 2012 1:35 am

Small doomage joke.

MERKEL FLIES INTO FRANCE
    CUSTOM OFFICIAL ASKS HER NATIONALITY
    “GERMAN” SHE REPLIES
    OCCUPATION?’ HE ASKS
    “NO, ONLY HERE FOR A FEW DAYS.”

19. Buffalobob
    19 | June 4, 2012 2:00 am

The other day I heard a report that Rachel Maddow was tweeting, I thought you had to have opposing thumbs to tweet.

20. 20 | June 4, 2012 2:23 am

Buffalobob wrote:

Rachel Madcow tweeting is proof that just because you can invent a technology, does not mean you should invent that technology.

21 | June 4, 2012 2:58 am

I caught a few minutes of the Kuwaiti version of NPR the other night while I was in a taxi. It mostly consisted of a guy reading off the emir’s schedule for the day. The funny part was that they apparently don’t use personal pronouns when referring to the emir, and they always use his full name and title.

“His highness Emir Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah met with representatives of a French trade delegation to discuss date tariffs. His highness Emir Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah congratulated the winner of the annual spelling bee. His highness Emir Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah had lunch with so and so.”

This went on for 10 minutes.

22 | June 4, 2012 4:29 am

OK, so I’m up with a sick dog.

No more pieces of rice krispie squares.

Anyhoo --

Set the controls b*tches…

23 | June 4, 2012 5:51 am

Disclaimer: I am NOT a fanboy either way.

If anyone out there deals with iTunes on a regular basis, I highly suggest trying Zune Marketplace.

I just now had the misfortune (again) of having to deal with iTunes due to an “exclusive content” deal, and cannot stress enough how HORRIBLE the interface is compared to Zune.

24 | June 4, 2012 6:01 am

Re: Photo on top.

Syd Bear-it?

25 | June 4, 2012 6:33 am

READ THIS.

26 | June 4, 2012 6:43 am

Good morning.
    Day 1,231 America held hostage!

27. 27 | June 4, 2012 6:47 am

@ Bumr50:

HE doesn’t pull any punches, does he? Good. The Cold Civil War will either be the end of Progressivism or the end of America. I can’t wait for this year’s Presidential Election to be done. I think it is the most important election since 1860.

28 | June 4, 2012 6:57 am

No he does not.

A few conservative luminaries, like Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Bill O’Reilly, have warned that Marxism is infecting the United States, but neither the Tea Party’s “Contract from America” nor the Republicans’ “Pledge to America” called attention to the looming dangers of Marxism. Why not? Because our well-meaning conservatives do not seem to be familiar with the undercover forms of Marxism that we are facing today.

Well, that or they’re SCARED to call these people what they are for fear of being called “extremists” or “nutjobs.”

All part of the Left’s strategy.

29 | June 4, 2012 6:58 am

Marxism is a malignant tumor on the body of any country. This is another thing I learned during my years at the top of Marxist Romania. Marxism, like any cancer, works silently–you can feel it only after it has spread throughout the whole body, and then it is usually too late.

Excellent analogy.

30 | June 4, 2012 7:17 am

A new book recounts an incident when Axlerod & Holder
    almost came to blows in the white House. Apparently
    Jarrett told them to take it into the hall.
    Axlerod does not deny it.
    That would have been a slap fight.

31 | June 4, 2012 7:20 am

I’ll read this book, and I don’t read political books often (I like to keep reading books “fun”).

Lt. Gen (r) Ion Mihai Pacepa is the highest-ranking official ever to have defected from the former Soviet bloc. He is currently writing a book on disinformation together with Prof. Ronald Rychlak.

32 | June 4, 2012 7:21 am

Is it ‘The Amateur’?

I believe someone(s) here is reading it.

33 | June 4, 2012 7:36 am

I don’t believe this part is quite accurate:

Former White House “green jobs” czar Van Jones, who resigned after it was revealed that he belonged to the U.S. Communist Party, also announced his support for Occupy Wall Street, which he believes is the start of an “American Autumn.”

I’m fairly certain that Van Jones was one of the people behind this “spontaneous movement” from the very beginning.

34. mfhorn
    34 | June 4, 2012 7:38 am

Update: The kitten we found the other day is doing much better. I’ll be picking him up at the emergency clinic over lunch & taking him to our regular vet for follow up.

Poor little guy’s been through a lot for only being a month old. He’s had to have two transfusions just to get his blood count to where it should be- it started off at about half of that number. Many fleas, too. Plus dehydrated. He’s very lucky to be alive.

From what they’ve said there at the clinic, he’s got the whole staff wrapped around his little paw. God, just what we need. Another feline.

35 | June 4, 2012 7:40 am

@ Bumr50:
    It’s not the Amateur & I can’t recall the title.
    They talked about it on FNC this morning.

36. 36 | June 4, 2012 7:40 am

Bumr50 wrote:

Exceptional column by this guy. Thanks for the heads-up!

37. mawskrat
    37 | June 4, 2012 7:40 am

Good Mornin All…make it a great day!

38. 38 | June 4, 2012 7:42 am

@ mfhorn:

We got a little kitten after our Akasha died of Feline Leukimia last fall. She is a sweet little thing named “Hope”. She was abandoned in a Wal-Mart parking lot, and she had a lot of health issues, too. But now she is healthy and happy, and a real darling. She sleeps at my feet almost every night.

39. mfhorn
    39 | June 4, 2012 7:45 am

So sorry to hear about Akasha. :( I’m glad to hear you were able, and willing, to rescue ‘Hope’ there though!

We’re working on a name for this little guy. He seems to be a real fighter w/ those health problems, so I’m thinking of something like Rocky. Better half doesn’t like that one.

40. 40 | June 4, 2012 7:53 am

@ mfhorn:

YTou can never have too many cats. We have six right now, and are planning on getting two Siberians or a Siberian and a Main Coon for Christmas. My wife says I have a kitten addiction. I don’t think they make a 12-Step program for that :P

41 | June 4, 2012 7:55 am

Interesting piece in this mornings paper.
    It was about Kim Phuc, the little girl fleeing
    a Vietnamese village after a naplam strike, naked
    & burned & photographed.
    The photo showed the world how evil Americans are.
    Not quite, it involved North & South Vietnamese troops
    battling for her village. It was a mistake by a
    South Vietnamese pilot.
    She defected to the West & is 49 years old.
    To this day she refers to the troops as “My” South
    Vietnmese soldiers.
    The truth is not quite the way it was reported,

42. 42 | June 4, 2012 7:56 am

The truth is not quite the way it was reported,

It never is. The media lie for practice.

43. mfhorn
    43 | June 4, 2012 7:59 am

We passed 6 a while back. This little guy will make 10, and if we get the near-feral one that escaped back…

We have a problem. It could be worse, though. At least they’re all well fed & cared for. I think I need a second job to help pay for ‘em all.

Have a great day everyone!

44 | June 4, 2012 8:08 am

The truth is not quite the way it was reported,
    It never is. The media lie for practice.

They shape the news, which means that they shirk their
    duty to be honest.
    But they are worse now than ever.

45 | June 4, 2012 8:09 am

Later Gators.

46. 46 | June 4, 2012 8:14 am

Interesting piece in this mornings paper.
    It was about Kim Phuc, the little girl fleeing
    a Vietnamese village after a naplam strike, naked
    & burned & photographed.
    The photo showed the world how evil Americans are.
    Not quite, it involved North & South Vietnamese troops
    battling for her village. It was a mistake by a
    South Vietnamese pilot.
    She defected to the West & is 49 years old.
    To this day she refers to the troops as “My” South
    Vietnmese soldiers.
    The truth is not quite the way it was reported,

It seldom is, The narrative that many take as fact was concocted decades ago. Hell, a substantial number of people believe 25% of the population is gay.

I’m reminded of the ol’ Jefferson Airplane lyric: “When the truth is found to be lies, and all the joy within you dies…..” We have a couple of generations now who have core believes (to the extent they actually have “core beliefs”) that are complete fiction. Very depressing……

47. mawskrat
    47 | June 4, 2012 8:15 am

Saudi Princess ‘does a £5m runner from five star Paris hotel’: Police called after she does midnight flit with her entourage of SIXTY

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2154152/Saudi-Royal-Princess-Maha-Al-Sudairi-does-5m-runner-Paris-hotel.html#ixzz1wpHDigLY

lol who lets some one rack up that
    kind of bill?

48 | June 4, 2012 8:24 am

@ mawskrat:

lol who lets some one rack up that
    kind of bill?

We let Obama rack up a $5 trillion bill…

49. 49 | June 4, 2012 8:35 am

I just hope he gets run out of office and leaves us with just that bill. Another four years of him will probably cost another $10 trillion…

50 | June 4, 2012 8:44 am

True, but by that time, $10 trillion will probably buy a loaf of bread…