Cracks In The Dam? The Flood Waters Have Burst Through!

by Flyovercountry ( 71 Comments › )
Filed under Politics at June 4th, 2012 - 8:00 am

Political Cartoons by Eric Allie

What you are about to see, assuming you watch the video, will be a former Democrat President, and one most conservatives in this country really did not like all that much by the way, come as close to endorsing the Republican nominee as he can get without officially crossing that line. Make no mistake about it, this one is a knock out punch for Team Zero. I’ll explain afterwards.

Why would Bill Clinton add his name to the exponentially growing list of Democrats, and recently former Democrats who are working hard to undermine the current President’s reelection bid? My theory is this. I have known for some time that the Democrat apparatchiks have been saying different things when in private and when in public. Publicly, they have all defended their man as the most qualified person in the room, America’s only hope for a bright future. Privately, they have expressed fears of having elected a man to our highest office that is not only a complete incompetent, but has combined that incompetence with a narcissistic arrogance that borders on being bad enough to have any non President institutionalized. If not having outright fears for their country, they have all shared fears for the future of their political party should this man be allowed to operate unchecked for four more years. For what ever the reasons are, there are plenty of Democrat Party Apparatchiks who do not want to see a second term for the Obama Presidency.

That, no matter who you are, spells major political trouble for any one running for elective office. It will mean less volunteers knocking on doors, making phone calls, stuffing envelopes, etc. It will mean fewer bus drivers picking up homeless people and offering them packs of cigarettes for their votes in urban centers across the electoral rich states on election day. It will mean less people raising cash to be used on what is sure to be a scorched Earth campaign strategy. It will mean the loss of the Clinton Machine, which quite frankly is far more powerful than the Daly Machine.

Remember back to 2008. Early in September, McCain actually had emerged with a 5 point lead, and the Clintons and Obamas were not speaking with one another. Many people point to the Lehman collapse as what turned the election around that month, but that was also the same week that Obama reached out to Clinton, spent an entire day with Billy Jeff, and the Clintons took to the stump in earnest campaigning vigorously for the Bamster. I believe that this, as much as any other reason, was what turned the election around for Obama.

Make no mistake about it. Obama’s grand strategy was to have Romney’s Status as the embodiment of all things Wall Street be the central campaign issue for November of 2012. The entire OWS movement was created for just this very reason. What we have been seeing over the last couple of weeks has been a very clear message from a large group of very influential Democrats that they still agree with Capitalism, and wish not to be a part of the Marxist messaging. Cory Booker, Ed Rendell, Devall Patrick, Artur Davis, and Bill Clinton, have just served a devastating gut punch to the only message that Obama was planning for his campaign. Two of these five have just thrown a hay maker and announced that they will not be hitting the stump on his behalf. One of them connected, Artur Davis, by announcing that he will be actively stumping for the opposition. For anyone who has any illusions of Davis’ value to Team Obama, he was the Southern Campaign Coordinator for the Obama campaign in 2008. All of the Campaign managers of the southern states answered to Davis, more than just a costly defection. The flood has begun in earnest, and for Obama, the water is deep. Too bad he’s not a capitalist who is willing to support the private corporation that sells life boats. That government boat provided by FEMA was detained due to the Davis Bacon act, and is sitting in dry dock in a Venezuelan boat house.

Cross Posted at Musings of a Mad Conservative.

Comments

71 Responses to “Cracks In The Dam? The Flood Waters Have Burst Through!”

1. tunnelrat
    1 | June 4, 2012 8:24 am

Along with Duval Patrick and Stenney Hoyer (sp?) this is simply a case of the adults stepping in to correct their children. Obama is an economic illiterate and those who know better are attempting to distance themselves from his rabid pronouncements.

This does not constitute an endorsement of Romney by any of these individuals, they are simply injecting accuracy into the insane demonization of private equity since they know better.

2. mawskrat
    2 | June 4, 2012 8:26 am

buyers remorse any one/

3. tunnelrat
    3 | June 4, 2012 8:42 am

I can’t believe that this attack on capitalism and profit is going to play out very well with the public at large. It may fire up the OWS crowd but they are lazy parasites who will vote Democrat anyhow. If this is the only issue the Dems have, then they are screwed.

4. 4 | June 4, 2012 8:50 am

tunnelrat wrote:

They also know better than Obama that the Democrats rely on Wall Street for donations to the tune of billions of dollars every election cycle. By going after Romney on Bain, Obama implicitly went after those cahs-cows. Bad Idea, for someone who was supposed to raise $1 billion to run his Scorched Earth campaign this fall. Don’t guess he’ll get there now. Last I heard, Romney was keeping up with Obama pretty well. I’m waiting until after he picks his VP, and if the VP is palatable (i.e. not Chris Christie) I intend to unlimber my checkbook to the tune of a few hundred dollars. Put my money (and probably time as well) where my mouth is.

5 | June 4, 2012 8:56 am

The Choomster-in-Chief ™ is getting no where near the dough he got last time around. Obama’s 2008 Donors Don’t Give In 2012

Hat tip doriengrey from previous thread.

6. 6 | June 4, 2012 9:00 am

@ huckfunn:

It’s a beautiful thing! I am waiting until closer to the election to give, but I’ll donate to individual Senate campaigns and Romney himself (unless he picks Chris Christie as a running mate). I’d encourage everybody to give this time around. If all you can afford is ten dollars, ten dollars from a million people is ten million bucks! MOney is the life-blood of any campaign. Romney wasn’t my first choice, nor even my second, but we have to get Obama out of there. Then we hopefully will elect a good Republican House and Senate to hold Romney’s feet to the fire on issues like Supreme Court Justices and spending.

7 | June 4, 2012 9:13 am

Same here. I’ll chip in sometime after the VP pick. Seeing BO’s money dry up reminds me of the fact that no one likes betting on a loser. Further, no one likes admitting that they bet on a loser. 4 years after Carter got thrashed, you couldn’t find anyone who would fess up to voting for him. I’ll bet there are quite a few people who will tell the pollsters “yes I voted for him in 08 and yes I’ll vote for him this time” just because they don’t want to be seen as raaaaacist, and then stay home or vote for Mitt.

8. 8 | June 4, 2012 9:13 am

I also hope Romney nominates someone who can annihilate Joe The Biden™ in the debate, as well as stump like hell for him too.

9 | June 4, 2012 9:18 am

Macker wrote:

someone who can annihilate Joe The Biden™ in the debate

NOT a difficult qualifier….

10 | June 4, 2012 9:19 am

Bumr50 wrote:

Macker wrote:
    someone who can annihilate Joe The Biden™ in the debate
    NOT a difficult qualifier….

I can see if Leia’s available…

11. 11 | June 4, 2012 9:19 am

Yup, agree! I would also add no War in Syria as well.

12. 12 | June 4, 2012 9:20 am

@ Bumr50:

True, dat…is it wrong for me to say that I want to see Plugs slink away from the stage with his tail tucked between his legs?

13. 13 | June 4, 2012 9:20 am

@ Macker:

I like Suzanna Marttinez for those reasons. She’s pretty hard-core on the Second Amendment, she’s a governor of a swing state, and she’ s likablein ways that Joe Biden is distinctly unlikable. After her I’d like Paul Ryan. That would signal that Romney is serious about fiscal issues, and Ryan is generally a good guy.

14. 14 | June 4, 2012 9:20 am

How is she doing?

15. 15 | June 4, 2012 9:21 am

Susana is my first choice, Jindal my 2nd, Ryan my 3rd and Rubio my 4th.

16. 16 | June 4, 2012 9:21 am

Leia is…I’m sorry, I’m having a Senior Moment! 8)

17 | June 4, 2012 9:21 am

@ Macker:

Not at all!

18 | June 4, 2012 9:23 am

Macker wrote:

Leia is…I’m sorry, I’m having a Senior Moment!

<============

19. 19 | June 4, 2012 9:24 am

@ Macker:

I want him to roll over on his back and piss on his belly… 8O

:evil: :evil: :evil:

20 | June 4, 2012 9:25 am

Last I heard, she’s fine. Supposed to go in for getting her teeth cleaned.

Less fun for dogs, from what I understand. They do it with general anasthesia

21. 21 | June 4, 2012 9:25 am

Now that would be…Poetic Justice. ROFLMAIAO!

22. 22 | June 4, 2012 9:27 am

Jindal would be good, too9, but Romney is going to win Louisiana, so he doesn’t bring a State the way Martinez or Ryan would. I hope Romney chooses wisely. Picking Palin was the only right thing McCain did in 2008, and then he cut her legs out from under her. At least Romney looks like he’ll not be another McCain. I was very worried about that.

23. 23 | June 4, 2012 9:28 am

Yes, they have to its too painful.

24 | June 4, 2012 9:29 am

Yes, they have to its too painful.

Probably for all parties involved. :)

25. 25 | June 4, 2012 9:30 am

I hope Romney doesn’t choose Christie or Portman. They bring nothing to the table and Christie besides being anti-2nd Amendment is Pro Muslim Brotherhood.

26. 26 | June 4, 2012 9:32 am

Hey you saw Tokyo’s stock exchange hit 28 year lows. I think we are seeing a global meltdown.

27 | June 4, 2012 9:33 am

And I was sure the Facebook IPO was going to turn the economy around…

28. 28 | June 4, 2012 9:36 am

Hey we were told the Divine Pharaoh had saved our economy and things were roaring!
    ///

29 | June 4, 2012 9:38 am

Fortunately, we made lots of money on the GM bailout

///

30. 30 | June 4, 2012 9:46 am

Yes Obama saved the auto-industry and we are experiencing an unprecedented era of prosperity!
    ///

The sad part is at least 45% of people believe this!

31. 31 | June 4, 2012 9:51 am

Christie is a no-go for me. I’ll keep my wallet closed and may even stay home if Christie is the VP nominee. It woul dhave exactly the opposite effect on me that McCain’s choosing Palin did. I’ve always been a Palin fan. In fact, her being on the ticket was what motivated me to vote for McCain, despite his poor campaign and my personal misgivings (since seen to be correct) about him as a President. He wouldn’t have been quite as bad as Obama, but he’d have been close. And we’d have never known how bad Obama could be, unless he beat McCain in 2012. If we were going to have Obama, it is best that we were spared a McCain Presidency. I hope I don’t wind up feeling that way about Romney. He is saying the right things, but I don’t really trust him. Like his performance at the NRA Convention. I’d trust him a hell of a lot more if he’d thought of all that he said before he signed Massachuttes’ “Assault Weapons” ban.

32 | June 4, 2012 9:56 am

Krathammer hits a walk off home run today.
    He points out the absurdity of BHO criticising
    interrogation techniques under Bush.
    But Brackorambo sits around the WH with special opps
    Axlerod & otheres , shuffling a deck of cards to decide
    who they are going to off with drones.

33. 33 | June 4, 2012 9:58 am

Yeah I’m not a huge Romney fan. If he wins I will give him 6 months to a year. If he doesn’t govern as a Fiscal/Economic Conservative and or gets us involved in Syria expect anti-Romney posts from me. I’m supporting Romney against Obama because I despise 3rd world Liberation Ideologues, not because I like Romney.

I am also calling the Republican party’s bluff. What Romney and the Republicans need to realize is that if they defeat Obama, they can no longer use him as a bogey man to scare Conservatives. They screw up, many will turn on them.

34. 34 | June 4, 2012 10:13 am

Yeah, if the Republicans win the White House and the Senate (and I think they’ll get the Senate regardless), it’ll b etime for them to Man-Up and make the tough decisions that we sent them there to make: entitlement reform, budget cuts, even a re-calibration of our defense priorities. These hard issues must be tackled, if we are to save the United States. Nothing less than the fate of the nation rests on this election. That is not hyperbole.

35. tunnelrat
    35 | June 4, 2012 10:13 am

Yes, the entire party will need to change direction in order to retain my support. I want to see real budget cuts, not just trimming down a program here and there. I would like to see entire bureaus closed down, such as the DOE and EPA, among others. No more ‘reaching across the aisle’ and no more entitlements whatsoever. If they do not deliver, then it is time for a third party.

36. 36 | June 4, 2012 10:22 am

Yup it will be time to put up or they will go the way of the Whigs. The GOP will not have Obama as a bogeyman forever.

37. 37 | June 4, 2012 10:26 am

And I was sure the Facebook IPO was going to turn the economy around…

Ya know, I just don’t get how seemingly “smart” people invested anything in Facebook. Just from cursory gleaning, it set off warning bells in my head. Geez, FB isn’t the “next big thing” it’s the “last big thing”. Fools.

I know of whence I speak -- I bought MSFT when I should have bought AAPL……

38 | June 4, 2012 10:27 am

The Dems have enouraged union members from Illinois
    and Minnesota to blanket Wisconsin, going door to door
    to get out the vote.
    You could open the door & hve an SEIU thug “offering”
    a ride to the polls.
    Axlerod says that they have hundreds of lawyers in the
    state to monitor vote fraud.
    Kind of like Dillinger observing bank security.

39. 39 | June 4, 2012 10:30 am

They’re there to make sure the right fraudulent votes get counted. I bet the Black Panthers show up at some polling places tomorrow, too…

40. 40 | June 4, 2012 10:34 am

@ tunnelrat:

Well said!

41 | June 4, 2012 10:51 am

Tom Barrett is flat out gauranteeing a victory.
    You wonder how many fradulent absentee ballots are
    cast.
    Milwaukee has had a lot of election thuggery over the
    last 20 years, learned from da guys from Chicaga.
    The Republicans should have swat teams of lawyers on the
    ground, but I am pretty confident that Walker will win.

42. 42 | June 4, 2012 10:59 am

I hope you are right. This is extremely important. I think it says something that Obama has stayed away from this election. Barrett may be talking vconfident, but if their internal polls were showing a win, teh Won would be in there to grab all the glory…

43 | June 4, 2012 11:09 am

Exactly, they see this as a loser & don’t want it
    too look like a rejection of Obama.
    Clinton came in, no doubt as a quid pro quo to help to pay off Hillary’s campaign debt.
    Billy Jeff really didn’t have his heart in it.

44. 44 | June 4, 2012 11:12 am

I heard he didn’t really attract much of a crowd. A few hundred, in the stronghold of the Enemy. That doesn’t speak of highly motivated voters. I think it’ll be close, but not so close they can steal it. I’ll be on pin sand needles until it is over, though.

45. 45 | June 4, 2012 11:16 am

More bad economic data.

46. 46 | June 4, 2012 11:20 am

I commented on that thread. There i sjust too much of this for the MFM to hide. I think Obama is a one-term wonder, but I won’t be happy until after all the votes have been counted and it is official.

47. Alberta Oil Peon
    47 | June 4, 2012 11:23 am

I would love to Romney choose Sarah Palin as his VP candidate. Watch the Leftard’s heads explode.

Might not be as crazy as it sounds. The Left has already shot their wad at Palin, with little effect, and she has no skeletons remaining in the closet. She would give Romney some cred with the Right and the Tea Party folks, and she is at least an order of magnitude more competent than Biden.

48. 48 | June 4, 2012 11:25 am

If Obama was a normal Democrat he would be toast. Yet they invested so much into him that many refuse to see the truth. This election should be a blow out for Romney, but Obama the symbol still has a powerful grip. There’s no way this guy should be above 40% in any poll.

49. 49 | June 4, 2012 11:27 am

@ Alberta Oil Peon:

She’s more competant that all ofTeam Obama combined, but I doubt Romney would consider her. She took too much damage when McCain hung her out to dry. McCain is a worthless piece of shit in my book. He wasn’t worthy of the Presidency. Hopefully, Romney will correct the terrible mistake made four years ago, but I still have a problem with Republicans reflexively running the “Next Guy In Line” for President. We need better answers than that, if we are to save the Union.

50. Alberta Oil Peon
    50 | June 4, 2012 11:27 am

Rodan, I don’t really believe that Romney is hot to invade Syria. He is just playing politics, using Obama’s non-intervention in Syria as a club against him.

There’s a political campaign going on. Believe only 10% of that which you can prove.

51. 51 | June 4, 2012 11:29 am

I agree. That FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT thing is the best shot he has of winning it. I just hope that is not enough. It might be. There are a lot of stupid people out there, and the Democrats are doing everything they can to mobilize the stupid vote…

52. 52 | June 4, 2012 11:29 am

The truth is that with the exception of Reagan, Goldwater, Harding and Coolidge, Republican Presidents and Candidates have been Center-Left. The GOP is a Progressive Center-Left Party with a Center-Right base.

There is no Center-Right Conservative Party in American politics.

53. 53 | June 4, 2012 11:30 am

I address this in my 11:30 thread. There is also an interesting tid bit about McCain!

54. 54 | June 4, 2012 11:31 am

New thread.

55. 55 | June 4, 2012 11:32 am

@ Alberta Oil Peon:

I hope you are right on that, because I’m certainly not hot to invade Syria. If we do anything, it should be a punitive mission to deny al Qaeda in Syria access to the WMD that Iraq stashed in Syria prior to th eSecond Gulf War. Get in, destroy the weapons in place (even if that leaves the countryside devistated), and get out.

56 | June 4, 2012 11:36 am

That’s what I think, the spread is proably too much
    to steal.
    Debbie Wasseman Schultze swooping in & clashing with
    the decor didn’t help.

57. 57 | June 4, 2012 11:37 am

She is an ugly piece of work, isn’t she? The perfect spokes-hole for the Democrat Party.

58. 58 | June 4, 2012 11:39 am

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

Well 70% of Americans don’t want involvement in Syria. Romney is going against public opinion here. I don’t trust the GOP when it comes to the Mideast.

59. 59 | June 4, 2012 11:41 am

I would only support that if we had intelligence to where the weapons are. If its a mission to occupy Syria and look for weapons, I would not support that. Once we occupy, the GOP will do the same Iraq nation building crap.

I don’t trust the GOP (Nore the Democrats) with this stuff.

60. Alberta Oil Peon
    60 | June 4, 2012 11:43 am

I am OK with that sort of a mission. No point in doing Al Qaeda’s dirty work for them.

61. 61 | June 4, 2012 11:44 am

Tom Barrett is flat out gauranteeing a victory.
    You wonder how many fradulent absentee ballots are
    cast.
    Milwaukee has had a lot of election thuggery over the
    last 20 years, learned from da guys from Chicaga.
    The Republicans should have swat teams of lawyers on the
    ground, but I am pretty confident that Walker will win.

Most of the Fifth Column Treasonous Media and many democrat propagandists are already conceding a Walker win.

62. 62 | June 4, 2012 11:46 am

@ Alberta Oil Peon:

Former Ambassador John Bolton is advising Romney to do exactly that as a pretext to provoke Iran into a full on war.

63. Alberta Oil Peon
    63 | June 4, 2012 11:47 am

I’m sure he was just staking out a position that could be seen as distinct from Obama’s policy, and it would be a mistake to read into it anything more than that.

If he gains office, all he has to do is say, “the situation on the ground in Syria has changed, and the window of opportunity where our efforts could have been helpful has closed.” End of story, and his “policy” still stands.

64. 64 | June 4, 2012 11:49 am

OK, so put this one in the “Not going to end well” Column…

Venezuela bans civilians from private gun ownership

65. 65 | June 4, 2012 11:51 am

Another Occupation, good luck selling that to the American public. It will be the end of Romney’s Presidency. Many on the Right are tired of this crap and will revolt. If Romney invades and occupies Syria, say hello to President Andrew Coumo in 2016. If Romney was smart, he would avoid the Syrian mess and just go after Iran.

66. 66 | June 4, 2012 11:51 am

Sliding below 12,000 probably by the end of the day.

DOJI
    12,083.37
    -35.20
    (-0.29%)

67. 67 | June 4, 2012 11:51 am

I did a thread on that last week. Hot Gas is behind the curve.

68. Alberta Oil Peon
    68 | June 4, 2012 11:52 am

Well, if there is any country in the zone that needs to have war made against it, Iran is the one. And I guess tackling their proxy in Syria would be one way to do it. But I’d prefer to see Iran’s military and nuclear capabilities taken out by air strikes, including nuclear weapons if needed, while trying to do minimum damage to civilian populations. But do go after the political class, the Rev. Guards, and all the mullahs.

69. 69 | June 4, 2012 11:52 am

@ Alberta Oil Peon:

It’s a dumb position to take. If Romney said he will NOT intervene in Syria people would applaud him. The truth is the GOP elites are addicted to Nation Building. Its not their family members who will have to die.

70. 70 | June 4, 2012 12:04 pm

Who said anything about an occupation? Are you old enough to remember the first gulf War? Oh, and contrary to your assertion, nobody on the right is tired of occupying, their tired of rules of engagement that don’t allow us to win, or force our troops to wear a straightjacket when fighting. Americans and especially those on the right hate loosing and hate having their fellow Americans die for nothing.

Former Ambassador John Bolton hates and despises the GW and Obama ROE’s. Romney isn’t GW. All indication’s so far from Romney are, when he picks a fight, it’s not to tie, it to win by an indisputable margin. If he follows Former Ambassador John Bolton’s advice, it’s very likely to be under far more aggressive ROE’s and not likely to involve a long protracted occupation.

71. 71 | June 4, 2012 12:20 pm

Who said anything about an occupation?

That’s the only way to get these weapons (if they exist). Unless we have clear intelligence to their locations, we would have to occupy Syria. Then what? IEDs, ethnic cleansing of Christians and more dead Americans. How will the US leave Syria and what type of government will we put in place? Its not easy like you think. The US doe not have a history of nation destroying. Our elites love Nation Building.

Oh, and contrary to your assertion, nobody on the right is tired of occupying

Yes many of us are tired of this Nation Building crap. Read the polls and you will see. I’m tired of Americans dying for Islamic scumbags. If Romney goes into Syria, you will be stunned how many on the Right will join the Left in protesting this nonsense.

Former Ambassador John Bolton hates and despises the GW and Obama ROE’s.

Bolton doesn’t get Islam. He still is think8ing through Cold War lenses. Andrew McCarthy knows more about Islam and is dead set against intervention.

Good luck selling Americans on another war for WMDs. Remember I’m telling you this, this would be the end of Romney’s Presidency and the American Right will be permanently divided.