A Bird In La Bouche

by Bunk X ( 89 Comments › )
Filed under Censorship, Free Speech, OOT, Open thread, Politics at June 6th, 2012 - 11:00 pm

While rummaging through the files of yore, I found these. Unfortunately I don’t have links to the original sources (although some may be found here).

Tonight’s OOT is dedicated to those who have been actively blocked after speaking their opinions on Twitter and elsewhere, and especially to Aaron. You peeps who’ve been following the blatant attacks on the 1st Amendment know exactly what I’m talking about on The Overnight Open Thread.

Tags: , , , ,

Comments

89 Responses to “A Bird In La Bouche”

1. 1 | June 6, 2012 11:18 pm

TWEET THIS, BITCHES. :D

2. 2 | June 7, 2012 12:00 am

so, i went to the amazon page for the book from the previous thread (here) only to find that, once again before the book is even available to read, the nuts are “tagging” it. stupid amazon. they don’t allow comments/reviews on it until it’s out; they need to not allow tags either.

3. Fritz Katz
    3 | June 7, 2012 12:01 am

@ Bunk X:

I Am Aaron! We are all Aaron.

4. 4 | June 7, 2012 12:03 am

Fritz Katz wrote:

@ Bunk X:
    I Am Aaron! We are all Aaron.

I am not Aaron, but we do have the same last name… :oops:

5. Fritz Katz
    5 | June 7, 2012 12:13 am

@ doriangrey: So your full name is Dorian Grey Walker?

6. 6 | June 7, 2012 12:14 am

Fritz Katz wrote:

@ doriangrey: So your full name is Dorian Grey Walker?

:wink: something like that… :wink:

7. rain of lead
    7 | June 7, 2012 12:34 am

ya’ll knew…just knew this was coming

Hitler finds out that Scott Walker won the Wisconsin recall election

8. AZfederalist
    8 | June 7, 2012 12:38 am

rain of lead wrote:

Hitler finds out that Scott Walker won the Wisconsin recall election

That was just all kinds of awesome.

“It’s for the children!” Captures the liberal statist propaganda perfectly

9. rain of lead
    9 | June 7, 2012 12:41 am

@ AZfederalist:

:-)

10. 10 | June 7, 2012 1:22 am

@ rain of lead:

Somebody screwed up, their already running the California School Administration… :shock:

11. yenta-fada
    11 | June 7, 2012 1:25 am

It makes me crazy (not a long drive from here)lol, to see how hard it is for individuals to take on a ‘system’. Our so called Human Rights Commissions employ 1,000 people across Canada who sue bloggers & other writers in every Province. That’s recent info from Ezra Levant. Rogue government in action in Canada. As for Aaron, I trust that there are enough good people to make a stink about a convicted psychopath and a hack judge. One day at a time, one crook at a time…….. Normally I stay off DOD issues, but LGF has invaded the real world with Chuckian logic and slimy associates again.
    YUCK times a quadrillion.

12. PrincessNatasha
    12 | June 7, 2012 1:26 am

@ rain of lead:
    I may be weird, but this never gets old. LMAO.

13. 13 | June 7, 2012 1:27 am

@ Kirly:
    Get some screen caps.

14. 14 | June 7, 2012 1:27 am

@ Fritz Katz:
    Yep. Regardless of political affiliation.

15. yenta-fada
    15 | June 7, 2012 1:28 am

doriangrey wrote:

@ rain of lead:

You mean you have a public middle school in your neighborhood that turns the cafeteria into a mosque every Friday too? BECAUSE I DO.
    :-(

16. yenta-fada
    16 | June 7, 2012 1:29 am

PrincessNatasha wrote:

@ rain of lead:
    I may be weird, but this never gets old. LMAO.

Helloooooo, Princess. It’s great to see you! How’s life treating you?
    In style, I trust. :-)

17. 17 | June 7, 2012 1:31 am

@ yenta-fada:
    This NOT a DoD issue, and neither is it a Right Wing / Left Wing issue. It’s about the First Amendment and how it’s being abused… IN REAL TIME.

18. yenta-fada
    18 | June 7, 2012 1:36 am

Bunk X wrote:

@ yenta-fada:

Yep. I agree. I have become accustomed to associating these dirty tactics from the left. That’s my experience. It is only Conservative bloggers and writers who are being sued wrt freedom of speech. Our news has always slanted left. As with Kimberlin, a single person is using the kangaroo court system disproportionately. He’s not a criminal, but he is a former Human Rights Commission employee and games the system for money and to shut down opinions that do not match his own. In REAL TIME.

19. PrincessNatasha
    19 | June 7, 2012 1:48 am

@ yenta-fada:

Fantastic, I must say! Heeding your financial advice, it is even better! But, since I am going to go play in the Sandbox soon, I can allow myself to shop, laugh and live. I remembered my password to here, so I am really happy! :)

20. PrincessNatasha
    20 | June 7, 2012 1:53 am

Птичка в рот, и капут!

21. yenta-fada
    21 | June 7, 2012 1:56 am

PrincessNatasha wrote:

@ yenta-fada:

Live, Laugh, Love. It’s not the same here without you. Call in to the next radio show on June 17th, 8:00 pm Eastern standard time if you can. We need your unique brand of poetry to adequately describe the world. lol lol

22. yenta-fada
    22 | June 7, 2012 1:58 am

PrincessNatasha wrote:

Птичка в рот, и капут!

Cold Warrior is not around to translate. He probably told you he passed all his exams and will be starting the job he wants in a Neuro trauma unit. That guy loves action! Like you.

23. yenta-fada
    23 | June 7, 2012 1:59 am

@ PrincessNatasha:

Does that translate as pink Hello Kitty AK7? hahaha

24. 24 | June 7, 2012 2:01 am

yenta-fada wrote:

@ PrincessNatasha:
    Does that translate as pink Hello Kitty AK7? hahaha

I think it’s closer to “A Bird in the mouth”.

25. yenta-fada
    25 | June 7, 2012 2:04 am

The wit and wisdom of Moochelle:

26. PrincessNatasha
    26 | June 7, 2012 2:09 am

@ yenta-fada:
    I need to move to where CW lives. He can take care of me when I flip my Jeep or run my sports car into a ditch….

27. Calo
    27 | June 7, 2012 2:13 am

:lol: :lol: ;lol:

I am so happy for CW -- he got the short test last week.
    Told me all I needed to know -- he passed it with flying colors.

28. yenta-fada
    28 | June 7, 2012 2:14 am

PrincessNatasha wrote:

@ yenta-fada:

Wear a helmet! He doesn’t want you as a patient, I’m sure. :-)

29. 29 | June 7, 2012 2:16 am

Calo wrote:

;lol:
    I am so happy for CW – he got the short test last week.
    Told me all I needed to know – he passed it with flying colors.

Yup, he called me up and told me what kind of test it was and how it went, he was a little worried because they did a terrible job of explaining the kind of test, but I laugh my ass off and explained it to him. He aced that sucker big time. :grin:

30. Calo
    30 | June 7, 2012 2:17 am

@ yenta-fada:
    That woman is making me nuts! Ruining innocent channels on the tube with her screed.

31. yenta-fada
    31 | June 7, 2012 2:18 am

Calo wrote:

;lol:
    I am so happy for CW – he got the short test last week.
    Told me all I needed to know – he passed it with flying colors.

People who do what CW does and what you used to do are the best of the best. You guys just do the job and get on with things. No whining, no needing constant adulation. Same with Princess Natasha. Character matters.

32. Calo
    32 | June 7, 2012 2:20 am

Oh, so he called you?

I told him he passed when the test gave him less than 50 questions.

Bastard :smile:

33. yenta-fada
    33 | June 7, 2012 2:22 am

Calo wrote:

@ yenta-fada:

OMG. She’s everywhere. It’s a bad dream.

34. 34 | June 7, 2012 2:22 am

Calo wrote:

Oh, so he called you?
    I told him he passed when the test gave him less than 50 questions.
    Bastard

Meh, I talk to him on the phone probably once a week.

35. yenta-fada
    35 | June 7, 2012 2:25 am

More Mooch.

Make it stop before we are assimilated!

36. Calo
    36 | June 7, 2012 2:28 am

@ yenta-fada:
    Nooooo -- please don’t let her invade the Olympics.

I’m afreed she might be on Design Team USA and executing the Olympians attire.

*shudder*

37. Calo
    37 | June 7, 2012 2:29 am

Meh -- sing me a song.
    I’m tired.

38. 38 | June 7, 2012 2:32 am

Calo wrote:

Meh – sing me a song.
    I’m tired.

39. yenta-fada
    39 | June 7, 2012 2:35 am

Calo wrote:

@ yenta-fada:
    Nooooo – please don’t let her invade the Olympics.
    I’m afreed she might be on Design Team USA and executing the Olympians attire.
    *shudder*

She is a walking fashion crime.

40. yenta-fada
    40 | June 7, 2012 2:38 am

Mick Jagger is all attitude and smart, but he can’t hold a tune.

41. 41 | June 7, 2012 2:38 am

42. yenta-fada
    42 | June 7, 2012 2:39 am

It’s late here. ‘night campers.

43. 43 | June 7, 2012 2:44 am

Calo wrote:

Night Dorian.
    Thank you for the music.

Good night Calo… :grin:

50 | June 7, 2012 5:22 am

@ Mike C.:

I hope nobody in the Obama administration reads that…

51 | June 7, 2012 6:20 am

More Miss Pennsylvania news:

“I refuse to be a part of a pageant system that has so far and so completely removed itself from its foundational principles as to allow and support natural born males to compete in it,” she wrote in the email, which Sanders provided. “This goes against every moral fiber of my being. I believe in integrity, high moral character and fair play, none of which are part of this system any longer.”

Her Facebook page lists her politics as “conservative” and her religious views as “John 3:16,” a reference to the Bible verse.

Trump, who runs the Miss Universe Organization, called Monnin’s claims of pageant rigging “totally ridiculous.”

“We’re going to be suing her now. She made a very false charge, and she knows it’s a false charge,” Trump said on “Good Morning America.”

She’d have gotten a lot more support if she’d have made her stand without even bringing up the rigging.

It looks as though she was looking for an out.

51. mawskrat
    52 | June 7, 2012 6:38 am

Good Mornin All….make it a great day!

53 | June 7, 2012 6:41 am

@ mawskrat:

You too!

53. 54 | June 7, 2012 6:50 am

@ rain of lead:

The subtitle text was a bit small, but otherwise very good!

54. 55 | June 7, 2012 6:55 am

@ Bumr50:
    I have to say, the integrity of Beauty Pageants was not a concern for me and after hearing this story, it’s even less so. Most of these women have been in the “pageant system” since they were children and these events never have stuck me as repositories of “integrity, high moral character and fair play”. The girl may have a point, she may not, but I get the disticnct impression that this is more about garnering publicity (and it’s clearly worked) than it is about a crusade for fairness.

56 | June 7, 2012 7:01 am

@ MacDuff:

Miss USA is not Miss America, apparently, but I think it bears marking when they decided to let transsexuals compete with the girls.

Ugh.

Could you imagine Hugh Hefner having a transsexual Bunnie?

56. 57 | June 7, 2012 7:13 am

Bumr50 wrote:

@ MacDuff:

Ugh.

Could you imagine Hugh Hefner having a transsexual Bunnie?

The transsexual was a publicity boon for her/him/it and the pageant and I’m just cynical enough to believe that was precisely the point. It seems that every day brings something more outrageous than the day before and I’m getting “outrage burnout”. I’m so numb from it all that I have to really work at developing an interest in what’s actually important.

58 | June 7, 2012 7:19 am

@ MacDuff:

I have to train myself to shift focus (from time to time) from the things that turn me bitter and cynical, or I find it will consume me.

I think I’m actually getting better at managing my outrage, and there are times when I know I can’t look at things at all.

58. 59 | June 7, 2012 7:24 am

@ Bumr50:

I’m not raggin’ on you, man. The base and banal just tend wear me out.

59. mawskrat
    60 | June 7, 2012 7:25 am

@ MacDuff:
    @ Bumr50:

I’m over getting outraged….I just shake
    my head now at the headlines.

Ecclesiastes 1:9

New International Version (NIV)

9 What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun.

60. 61 | June 7, 2012 7:31 am

@ Bumr50:

I don’t pay much attention to pagents. Couldn’t tell you who won Miss America last year, or Miss World, or whatever, but I will say that bringing in transexuals is downright creepy. I don’t care how you slice it (no pun intended :P ), transexuals have a psychological disorder. If the dude thought he was Napoleon, everyone would agree he is crazy, but if he (chromosome pattern XY) thinks he’s a she (chromosome pattern XX) he has a point? It is a delusion. It is sad, just as any mental illness is sad, but it is dangerous to pretend that it is normal and natural.

62 | June 7, 2012 7:32 am

@ MacDuff:

She’s a local gal, so the news is in my face.

And she’s cute.

62. mawskrat
    63 | June 7, 2012 7:34 am

come on Iron Fist…yah got to get in touch
    with your inner feminine side/

64 | June 7, 2012 7:36 am

It’s the Left that saddles Conservatives with all this intolerance crap.

When you get right down to it, I don’t think about transsexuals at all unless I’m confronted with one or hear “Lola” on the radio…

I’ve seen drag parades in Key West, and thought they were funny as heck.

64. 65 | June 7, 2012 7:36 am

Bumr50 wrote:

@ MacDuff:

She’s a local gal, so the news is in my face.

And she’s cute.

Well, I can think of a lot worse things to have in my face. :D

65. 66 | June 7, 2012 7:45 am

@ mawskrat:

The only feminine side I need to get in touch with is my wife. My tolerance for the LGBTXYZPDQ crowd has been stretched to the breaking point. They aren’t content to be left alone to do whatever they want in the privacy of their own home. No, they have to make it everybody’s business by pushing it in our faces. Intolerant? Go ahead and call me names. I am beyond caring. When they make it my business, then it become smy business, and I intend to voice my strong disapproval of their chosen lifestyle.

66. 67 | June 7, 2012 7:51 am

Bumr50 wrote:

It’s the Left that saddles Conservatives with all this intolerance crap.

I’ve seen drag parades in Key West, and thought they were funny as heck.

Gays comprise some 2-5% of the population and transsexuals probably wouldn’t even register as a meaningful percentage. I’m not intolerant, I let ‘em be. I worked in the airline industry and knew a number of openly gay men (the biz is a gay magnet) and got along well. The fact is though, I really don’t think about them that much and it gets to be off-putting to constantly have to prove my “tolerance”. It’s none of my business, and I don’t want it to be my business.

Just like race, people should try shutting the fuck up about it and people will become as apathethetic as they are about really important things.

67. mawskrat
    68 | June 7, 2012 7:55 am

@ Bumr50:

LOL…back in the late 70′s early 80′s
    there was a club downtown where all the freaks
    all the freaks came around in Cincinnati. it was
    great to get a buzz on and people watch.

Kesha

68. 69 | June 7, 2012 8:13 am

I’m kinda waiting for cannibalism to become a legitimate “condition” or “syndrome” and a ribbon assigned to “raise awareness”. Sure, it’s shocking now, but just give it a chance.

Hell, why don’t we just remove “taboo” from the vocabulary? It’s not like we really need it anymore. I remember when the Beatles hair (halfway over their ears!) was actually controversial. Gawd, I’m becoming a curmudgeon…..

70 | June 7, 2012 8:14 am

@ mawskrat:

in pgh it was he electric banana and the grotto.

i miss those joints.

i wonder if chief’s is still ’round near PITT

70. 71 | June 7, 2012 8:14 am

Ooooh, good one. I was called intolerant last year on this issue as well. I heard this second hand of course. The friend that told me this wasn’t too upset about it either. At least I think so. I just shrugged my shoulders and said those are my beliefs. I am entitled to them just like everyone else is entitled to theirs. If they want to shut me up, then I have the same rights to try and shut them up. Well, normally…

72 | June 7, 2012 8:15 am

MacDuff wrote:

I’m becoming a curmudgeon…..

get off yer own lawn.

73 | June 7, 2012 8:15 am

laters….

73. 74 | June 7, 2012 8:16 am

@ MacDuff:

I had gay co-workers when I worked in the resturant industry and I have gay co-workers now. They don’t make a big deal about it, and I could care less. It is their private business. That is the way it should be. I don’t bandy about what me a nd my wife do in the bedroom, either. It has no bearing on work, and should never enter the -picture. To tell the truth, I used to be very sympathetic to the gay marriage thing, but the gays themselvesa have convinced me that it isn’t about fairness but about sticking a finger in the eyes of straights and destroying traditional marriage. That is an entirely different thing.

75 | June 7, 2012 8:19 am

Yeppers.

76 | June 7, 2012 8:20 am

Hey wait..upstairs thread is broken!!

76. 77 | June 7, 2012 8:22 am

@ Bumr50:

I don’ tknow how to fix that. We’ll have to wait on Coldwarrior, Rodan, or m to fix it. Wah… :(

78 | June 7, 2012 8:35 am

@ Bumr50:
    I just went downstairs and looked in the utility closet. The thread is in the hoppah but I guess the pipes are clogged up.

78. 79 | June 7, 2012 8:37 am

Tolerance is overrated. At some level, intolerance is how society regulates behaviors that shouldn’t be illegal, but are, nonetheless, not particularly desirable.

79. mawskrat
    80 | June 7, 2012 8:43 am

@ MacDuff:

yep,,those that demand tolerance are usually
    the least tolerant

81 | June 7, 2012 8:45 am

Don’t let the door hit you in the arse…

Marion O. Sandler, 81, Banker and Philanthropist, Dies

82 | June 7, 2012 8:51 am

Here’s a thread to chew on while we wait for the top thread to get fixed. Chiseled in Stone; VOTE FOR ANYONE BUT OBAMA

83 | June 7, 2012 8:55 am

@ huckfunn:

Obama Caught Lying Again: He Was Member of ‘New Party,’ Says Kurtz

It’s safe to assume that he’s ALWAYS lying…

84 | June 7, 2012 8:59 am

Bumr50 wrote:

@ huckfunn:

Obama Caught Lying Again: He Was Member of ‘New Party,’ Says Kurtz

It’s safe to assume that he’s ALWAYS lying…

Yep. Truth does not reside in his soul; or any member of his regime for that matter. Carney is simply amazing. He can stand flatfooted, look you in the eye and tell the most ridiculous, naked lies like no one I have ever seen. He has a special skill set.

85 | June 7, 2012 9:02 am

@ huckfunn:

He’s taking water.

McCain is even jumping in.

Arizona Sen. John McCain on Tuesday demanded an investigation into the recent leaks of classified information on U.S. intelligence operations.

The ranking Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, who lost the 2008 presidential election to Barack Obama, accused the White House of leaking sensitive details on covert missions to The New York Times in order to “paint a portrait of the president of the United States as a strong leader on national security issues.”

86 | June 7, 2012 9:11 am

@ Bumr50:
    Most unsporting of McRINO after BO had such nice things to say about him last week. But seriously, there seems to be quite a few peeps jumping on this band wagon and rightfully so. Giving up deeply classified intel for political gain is nothing short of criminal. I hope this thing gets busted wide open.

87 | June 7, 2012 9:14 am

@ huckfunn:
    Meghan Mac’s dad is an over the hill attention whore.

88 | June 7, 2012 9:17 am

Speranza wrote:

@ huckfunn:
    Meghan Mac’s dad is an over the hill attention whore.

Indeed. If it’s Okay with you, I moved a thread by Flyover to come up in about 5 minutes since yours is stuck in the pipe. When the bosses come in they can re-schedule yours for 1100.

88. 89 | June 7, 2012 9:25 am

mawskrat wrote:

@ MacDuff:

yep,,those that demand tolerance are usually
    the least tolerant

In the end, there is only liberty and restraint and the broadening umbrella of “tolerance” smells a lot more like restraint than it does liberty.