Der OOT.

by coldwarrior ( 57 Comments › )
Filed under OOT, Open thread at June 7th, 2012 - 9:00 pm

Beer and Bratwurst on Badgasse Strasse in Bavaria OOT

Comments

57 Responses to “Der OOT.”

1. 1 | June 7, 2012 9:20 pm

Speaking of nasty things in one’s gullet, my plan tonight is to go watch Prometheus at midnight :^D

2. mawskrat
    2 | June 7, 2012 9:45 pm

I’m on the deck…wooo hooo

3. AZfederalist
    3 | June 7, 2012 9:50 pm

Not into beer, but I’ll take the brats, marinated in beer and grilled please.

Yum.

4. Prebanned
    4 | June 7, 2012 10:02 pm

Wat is dist? dis de OOT.

5. mawskrat
    5 | June 7, 2012 10:34 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

Not into beer, but I’ll take the brats, marinated in beer and grilled please.

Yum.

how do you survive?//

6. AZfederalist
    6 | June 7, 2012 10:54 pm

mawskrat wrote:

how do you survive?//

Just don’t like drinking something that tastes like liquid bread.

I have no quarrel with people who do like beer; I just never have been able to get past the smell or taste.

Now, a good, dark heavy red wine every once in a while, that’s not bad.

7 | June 7, 2012 11:14 pm

I find this “blogging day of silence” ridiculous. Forgive my speaking bluntly, but it is the truth.

There is nothing most of the Powers that Be would like than to see the rightwing blogosphere fall silent—permanently. So why give them that satisfaction for even a single day? A better response would be to comment twice as much, twice as fast! Brett Kimberlin and his buttlickers get an undeserved victory if any conservative blog falls silent; what are such blogs doing? Acting like five-year-olds, or—worse—progs, holding their breath ’til they turn blue? Saying, “I’m upset that you’re not behaving properly, legal powers, so I’m gonna be quiet instead of being a gadfly, and then you’ll be sorry!”

Excuse me, but—how fucking stupid is that?

8. 8 | June 7, 2012 11:17 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Excuse me, but—how fucking stupid is that?

This blog will NOT go silent on account of punks like Kimberlin. That’s all I have to say about that. Thanks.

9. 9 | June 7, 2012 11:18 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    I agree, not sure what the logic is there other than to draw attention. Still I’ll blog about Aaron Walker before midnight and take tomorrow off. I blog about once a week anyway.

10 | June 7, 2012 11:19 pm

savage wrote:

Then that means that any “blogging day of silence” in some sort of “protest” is in the ashcan.

Good.

11. 11 | June 7, 2012 11:22 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

savage wrote:
    Good.

We already have something scheduled for 8am tomorrow.

12. m
    12 | June 7, 2012 11:35 pm

@ savage:

I scheduled that but was informed we’re going to support them AND keep blogging. There will be a post with the information about it and then headlines all day long.

I’m with y’all though. I don’t think they should win for a day and I don’t get how that is punishing #asshole.

13. Alberta Oil Peon
    13 | June 7, 2012 11:36 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    I am with you on that, Buzz. Particularly as some Lefty or Greeny (is there a difference) sites went dark a few days ago in protest of something or other.

Be loud, and be proud.

14. m
    14 | June 7, 2012 11:38 pm

@ Alberta Oil Peon:

Oh for real? Now I feel icky.

:-/

15. Alberta Oil Peon
    15 | June 7, 2012 11:39 pm

Here is a video well worth watching:

16. 16 | June 7, 2012 11:43 pm

@ Alberta Oil Peon:

ROTFLMAO… Truth i advertising was never so funny… :lol: :lol: :lol:

17. 17 | June 7, 2012 11:44 pm

I am Aaron Walker.

18. 18 | June 7, 2012 11:44 pm

doriangrey wrote:

@ Alberta Oil Peon:
    ROTFLMAO… Truth in advertising was never so funny…

Oh, and somebody should do ads like that against Obama, they would totally decimate him.

19. 19 | June 7, 2012 11:47 pm

@ Alberta Oil Peon:
    Wow. God love the internet and fuck the MSM.

20. yenta-fada
    20 | June 7, 2012 11:47 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

I agree that it doesn’t make sense for bloggers to go silent. But it sounds smarter when you say it. lol

21. Alberta Oil Peon
    21 | June 7, 2012 11:52 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    And the beauty of it is, if the ones who do go silent start unduly criticizing those who don’t, we can just say, “Hey, dillweed, the Right is not a collective. We are independent thinkers, that’s what being Right is all about.”

22. 22 | June 7, 2012 11:55 pm

m wrote:

@ savage:

Ok, that works for me

23. 23 | June 8, 2012 12:22 am

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

if the ones who do go silent start unduly criticizing those who don’t

Hopefully we won’t eat our own.

24. 24 | June 8, 2012 12:37 am

CW-- Czech yinzmail.

25. 25 | June 8, 2012 12:38 am

This is my response to the “Day of Silence” ok, it’s just an excerpt, it will go up tomorrow morning.

Sorry Ace, a day of silence really does rate up their pretty high on the scale of stupid responses to people who are trying to get you to shut the hell up. Like I said before, I might not be the smartest blogger on the planet, but this is really pretty much of a no brainer. Hell no I will not be silent seems to me to be the correct response. But hey, that’s just me, somebody once rather indigently asked me if I minded, I responded then, just as I do now, “Not very well or very often”.

I’ll post a link to it when it goes up.

26. 26 | June 8, 2012 12:39 am

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    That was my opinion also, although I didn’t say it like that. It’s as effective as a pink ribbon magnet on your car.

27. 27 | June 8, 2012 12:44 am

We are just going to have a post on the day of silence. But will have other posts during the day. So it will be just one post on it.

28. yenta-fada
    28 | June 8, 2012 1:58 am

You can’t make this stuff up Dept. You need ID to attend Mooche’s new book signing. All Comrades MUST purchase the book.

As stated on the blog Obama Foodorama:

On Friday, June 8th, those wishing to attend the event must purchase a copy of the First Lady’s book at the location and leave it at the store, according to the employee. At the same time, customers must also submit their social security number and show an official photo ID (driver’s license, passport) to a Secret Service agent, and they will be issued a wristband to the First Lady’s event on June 12.( Emphasis added)
    The liberal media, particularly Obama-boosting cable network MSNBC has done its best to attack voter ID laws as discriminatory.

29. yenta-fada
    29 | June 8, 2012 2:00 am

It’s not my fault that Mooch and Zero provide us with daily snark material. *eyeroll*

30. 30 | June 8, 2012 2:08 am

Why would RW blogs boycott themselves? Yeah, I know it’s too late.

31 | June 8, 2012 2:12 am

Zimriel wrote:

I saw it a couple of days ago. Excellent movie.

32. 32 | June 8, 2012 2:15 am

Icarus is funnier. Just sayin’.

33 | June 8, 2012 3:06 am

Day of Silence is fine. As is a day of noise. On a blog like this one a day of noise is probably easier to implement than a day of silence.

Silence to me is prayer and reflection. I seldom use my silence to example a negative. But people do it.

34 | June 8, 2012 3:08 am

ooops it is day of silence now isn’t it???

35 | June 8, 2012 5:28 am

Good morning. Wide awake at 4:26 in a hotel room ,an hour
    and a half before my wake up call.
    Damn buddy, can’t have more fun.

36 | June 8, 2012 6:07 am

Democrats swiftly turn on Bill Clinton calling him basically a senile tottering old man. He should switch parties and campaign for Romney for that.

37. 37 | June 8, 2012 6:28 am

@ waldensianspirit:

I like how they are turning on Bill. And I like how Bill stuck the xhiv into Obama’s back. I wish confusion and discord to our enemies. It is going to be fun watching them come apart when Obama loses in the fall!

38 | June 8, 2012 7:07 am

The White House has commented about Cory Booker,
    “He’s dead to us.”
    I don’t like anonymous sources, but this one you
    pretty much know is true.

39. 39 | June 8, 2012 7:47 am

There’s nothing a cult hates worse than heretics, and Obamaism is definately a cult. I love it. I’m hoping for a mini-Civil War amongst Democrats. They can hate each other until their little black hearts are content.

40 | June 8, 2012 8:10 am

The Left is a dishonest group of people. They will pull any
    outrageous lie up the flag pole. If noone salutes, they just
    go on to the next one.
    Not surprising that they can’t even trust each other.

41 | June 8, 2012 8:13 am

Later

42. mawskrat
    42 | June 8, 2012 8:40 am

gotta bury a great family friend today
    RIP Walt

43. 43 | June 8, 2012 8:48 am

@ mawskrat:

My condolences.

44 | June 8, 2012 9:19 am

A great read: K-Hammer; Public Unions’ Icarus Moment

Tuesday, June 5, 2012, will be remembered as the beginning of the long decline of the public-sector union. It will follow, and parallel, the shrinking of private-sector unions, now down to less than 7 percent of American workers. The abject failure of the unions to recall Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) — the first such failure in U.S. history — marks the Icarus moment of government-union power. Wax wings melted, there’s nowhere to go but down.

45 | June 8, 2012 9:20 am

@ mawskrat:
    Sorry to hear that. Condolences to you and your friend’s family.

46 | June 8, 2012 9:23 am

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

i agree and that is one of the reasons why we arent going to do it here.

47. rain of lead
    47 | June 8, 2012 9:24 am

mornin ya’ll

48. 48 | June 8, 2012 9:27 am

@ huckfunn:

I hope he is right. Certainly the Unions poured everything they had into Wisconsin, and they came up far short. They didn’t even get Kleefisch, which I had been worried that they would. I am very pleased about the Wisconsin results. And think of it: those are millions of dollars that the Unions won’t have to pour into the November elections. That money is gone, and they can’t get it back. Plus, this makes the Democrats look like losers. It blunts the air odf inevitibility that Obama has tried to cultivate. To top it off, Romney out fund-raised Obama by $17 million in the month of May! That is huge. Obama expected to be able to steam-roll Romney with money, and it doesn’t look like that is going to happen now.

49. 49 | June 8, 2012 9:29 am

@ rain of lead:

Good morning! Today is a good day. It is Friday, and I just have one week remaining at my current job. I am so looking forward to my new job. It’ll be hard for a while, just getting up to speed and all, but it will be interesting, too. I have a lot to learn.

50. rain of lead
    50 | June 8, 2012 9:31 am

awesome
    change is good

51. 51 | June 8, 2012 9:31 am

New Thread.

52. rain of lead
    52 | June 8, 2012 9:33 am

a good read

The Obama administration suddenly looks like a house of cards

President Obama’s problem now isn’t what Wisconsin did, it’s how he looks each day—careening around, always in flight, a superfluous figure. No one even looks to him for leadership now. He doesn’t go to Wisconsin, where the fight is. He goes to Sarah Jessica Parker’s place, where the money is.

There is, now, a house-of-cards feel about this administration

53 | June 8, 2012 9:37 am

K-Hammer is just one of many people who read this election the same way. The unions are unfanged in WI and other states with public sector unions are taking note. I’m glad to see those thugs beaten back.

Meanwhile, I need to get over to La Grange this morning. There’s a great BBQ joint over there. Oh, and I also need to get some work done.

Later…

54 | June 8, 2012 9:43 am

@ rain of lead:
    Just saw this. Liberals Threaten Not To Vote In November Over Disappointment With Obama

Being See-B.S., they naturally had to throw in some B.S. like this, but they’re dreaming.

Despite the criticism, polling suggests Republicans may face a larger enthusiasm gap than Democrats.

Haw!

55. 55 | June 8, 2012 9:48 am

@ huckfunn:

If I’ve become enthusiastic about Romney (and I have), I don’t think enthusiasm is going to be a problem. We (the Base) want Obama out. Romney isn’t perfect, but give him a Republican House and Senate, and we’d better see Change we can Believe in…

56. 56 | June 8, 2012 9:53 am

mawskrat wrote:

gotta bury a great family friend today
    RIP Walt

My condolences. Losing a friend is hard and it seems to get harder with each one you lose.

57. 57 | June 8, 2012 10:11 am

@ huckfunn:

Personally, I think Romney will be a pleasant surprise. He’s not an ideologue, but a dispassionate, effective manager and that seems to fill the bill right now. In terms of foreign policy, he’s, admittedly an unknown, but I believe he loves his country and will do the right thing by her.