First time visitor? Learn more.

Holocaust Amnesia – guest post

by Kafir ( 40 Comments › )
Filed under Anti-semitism, Guest Post, Holocaust at June 29th, 2012 - 11:30 am

Blogmocracy in Action!
Guest post by: Richard Mather!



I

Holocaust denial is a disgusting industry and its only purpose is to delegitimize Jewish suffering.

But the astonishing rise in anti-Semitism in the past ten years, which masquerades as anti-Zionism, is indicative of a new phenomenon: Holocaust amnesia.

The truth is we may as well live in a world where the Holocaust never happened. What is so awful about the fact that anti-Semitism is at its highest since WW2 is that the decimation of European Jewry seems to matter so little.

Furthermore, the Palestinians have effectively repackaged themselves as the ‘new Jews.’ Gaza is the new Warsaw ghetto and the Israelis are the new Nazis. Israel is so evil that it is also the new South Africa.

Accusing Israelis of committing genocide or comparing the Jewish state to South Africa is not only deliberately offensive, it is indicative of a depressing decline in moral and intellectual standards. Words like ‘apartheid’ and ‘genocide’ are fast becoming empty signifiers, cut loose from the horrors they are supposed to define. Predictably, some Palestinians now refer to their plight as a ‘holocaust.’

This is testament to the Palestinian disinformation machine, which has managed to outwit Israel’s public relations department at every turn.

The Palestinians are well-versed in historical revisionism, media manipulation and downright lying, and it is proving rather successful in the West, which is looking for any excuse to exonerate themselves of Holocaust guilt.

But I wonder if ‘guilt’ is the right word. Perhaps Westerners are trying to rid themselves of Holocaust resentment. By blaming the Israelis for the ongoing crisis in the Middle East, Westerners are able to offload that resentment by turning the victim into the oppressor.

This resentment is not new. It was identified in a survey conducted in 1989. The study found that nearly half of all West Germans believed reparations paid to Israel and/or Jews were too high or should stop altogether.

The compilers of the survey concluded in their report that present-day anti-Semitism “is essentially tied to memories of Nazism, feelings of guilt, and the desire to end discussion of the past and return to normalcy.”

This may explain why in the past few years, anti-Zionism has become a socially acceptable way of expressing anti-Semitism in Germany and beyond.

The manic obsession with the Palestinians and the hateful demonization of Israel, while ignoring the Tibetans or the Burmese or the millions of oppressed Muslims from Iran to Saudi Arabia, seems to hint at something dark in the Western psyche.

The fact that the Palestinian crisis is largely self-inflicted and/or the fault of neighbouring Arab states and UNWRA is of no interest to the West.

The obsession with blaming Israel taps into an age-old bigotry. Once upon a time the Jews were accused of killing babies and poisoning wells. Now the Jewish state is accused of killing babies and poisoning wells. Israel truly is the Jew among nations.

II

The power of the Holocaust to genuinely shock people is fading, which may also help explain why Judeophobia is increasingly acceptable on the Left and in the liberal media. Europe, it seems, is reverting to type.

The Jewish historian, Tony Judt, who is no friend of Israel, said: “The Holocaust may lose its universal resonance. We must hope that this will not be the case and we need to find a way to preserve the core lesson that the Shoah really can teach: the ease with which people—a whole people—can be defamed, dehumanized, and destroyed.”

Muslim colonisation of European political discourse is largely to blame for the upswing in irrational Israel bashing. It has got so bad that some UK schools are afraid to teach pupils about the Holocaust because Muslim pupils might be offended or express anti-Semitic sentiments.

Islamic anti-Semitism has taken its toll on Jewish communities for centuries. But these days, Judeophobia is justified as political criticism of Israel. But take a look at the editorial cartoons in the Arab, Turkish and Iranian press and you will see undiluted Nazi-influenced Jew-hatred.

This nasty streak of anti-Semitism, combined with the refusal to recognise Israel, is wreaking havoc in the Middle East and in the West, and is prolonging the jihad against the Jewish state and Jews everywhere.

Europe, which is wallowing in post-colonial guilt and cultural relativism, has failed to address the problem of resurgent anti-Semitism, probably because it so captivated by the absurd narrative of the Palestinian underdog and the Israeli oppressor.

The internet, too, is partly to blame. The web is a hotbed of neo-Nazi conspiracy theories, bizarre YouTube videos, weird allegations, slurs and lies, that are all too reminiscent of the anti-Semitism in the decades preceding the Shoah.

What is also reminiscent of the pre-war situation is the growing boycott movement. Apart from the fact that it is hysterical and entirely unnecessary, it is eerily reminiscent of the boycott of Jewish shops Nazi Germany in the 1930s, which was also supported by the Arab world.

Israel advocates continue to work hard to challenge public misconceptions. We know that the Palestinian leadership has repeatedly rejected the opportunity to establish a state of their own in the hope of acquiring the entire land of Israel. But the rest of the world is either ignorant of the Palestinians’ true intentions or is deliberately choosing to ignore it. I think it is the latter. And this is more worrying because it is indicative of humanity’s recurring rebellion against progress, conscience and free will– all of which are gifts from the Torah. In short, the hatred of Israel is synonymous with animosity towards the Jewish God. Or to put it another way, it is metaphysical anti-Semitism.

I’m firmly convinced that the vast majority of global anti-Israel activity is anti-Semitic. If I’m right, how on earth do you reason these people, who are at best in need of some education and at worse completely unhinged? Somewhere in the middle are the people who are intellectually dishonest and this includes newspapers like the Guardian and the Independent.

The answer is, you can’t reason with these people. Because the culture war being waged against Israel is inherently unreasonable. And that it why Israel must remain strong, defiant and independent. It must not be disheartened by the boycott movement, nor must it make concessions that would endanger its security.

Moreover, Israel does have many friends it can count on for moral support. The US, Canada, the Czech Republic and Australia are among the handful of nation states that Israel can count on. And there are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of organisations, activists and freelance websites around the world which advocate on behalf of Israel.

We may be outnumbered by a billion Muslims, the EU, the liberal media and socialist agitators, but we have right on our side. As Churchill said: “The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.”

Coincidentally, Honest Reporting has published an article which also focuses on German resentment of the Holocaust. See…

http://honestreporting.com/the-conflict-as-seen-by-german-media

-Richard Mather


(cross posted from Defense Of The Israeli People – originally published 4.6.12)

Tags:

Comments

Comments and respectful debate are both welcome and encouraged.

Comments are the sole opinion of the comment writer, just as each thread posted is the sole opinion or post idea of the administrator that posted it or of the readers that have written guest posts for the Blogmocracy.

Obscene, abusive, or annoying remarks may be deleted or moved to spam for admin review, but the fact that particular comments remain on the site in no way constitutes an endorsement of their content by any other commenter or the admins of this Blogmocracy.

We're not easily offended and don't want people to think they have to walk on eggshells around here (like at another place that shall remain nameless) but of course, there is a limit to everything.

Play nice!

40 Responses to “Holocaust Amnesia – guest post”
( jump to bottom )

  1. Speranza
    1 | June 29, 2012 12:14 pm

    I sense the dark shadows of the coming times.


  2. 2 | June 29, 2012 12:29 pm

    @ Speranza:
    I wouldn’t want to be Jewish in Europe right now. Really anywhere other than America or Israel. There is too much of 1933 in the air.


  3. Speranza
    3 | June 29, 2012 12:32 pm

    Iron Fist wrote:

    @ Speranza:
    I wouldn’t want to be Jewish in Europe right now. Really anywhere other than America or Israel. There is too much of 1933 in the air.

    Someone once wrote about the increasing anti-Semitism in Europe and the genocidal threats in the Middle East “Party like it’s 1938!”


  4. 4 | June 29, 2012 12:39 pm

    Muslim Brotherhood Preaching Israel Destruction After Election
    Nooooooooooooooooooo~ Ya don’t say.


  5. 5 | June 29, 2012 12:47 pm

    @ Speranza:
    @ Iron Fist:

    There’s a difference. The European population hates the Muzz in their midst. If a genocide happens in Europe, it will not be Jews who get killed. Most Euro-Nationalists don’t hate Jews, they hate Muslims. That’s where the fury will be.

    This is not 1938, this is 632 AD when the Arabs tribes united and before their invasions of East Roman and Persian Empires.


  6. Speranza
    7 | June 29, 2012 1:01 pm

    Kafir wrote:

    Turkish Court Takes Monastery’s Land, Declares Assyrians ‘Occupiers’

    Obama’s BFF is Recip erdogan.


  7. Speranza
    8 | June 29, 2012 1:06 pm

    Rodan wrote:

    @ Speranza:
    @ Iron Fist:
    There’s a difference. The European population hates the Muzz in their midst. If a genocide happens in Europe, it will not be Jews who get killed. Most Euro-Nationalists don’t hate Jews, they hate Muslims. That’s where the fury will be.
    This is not 1938, this is 632 AD when the Arabs tribes united and before their invasions of East Roman and Persian Empires.

    The Left in Europe hates Jews, don’t kid yourself otherwise. They hate Muslims so much in Europe (actually they are afraid of them so they revert to appeasement mode which is their default position) that they are virulently anti Israel (see Britain, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, and sadly even Germany).


  8. Speranza
    9 | June 29, 2012 1:06 pm

    Kafir wrote:

    Muslim Brotherhood Preaching Israel Destruction After Election
    Nooooooooooooooooooo~ Ya don’t say.

    The latest news is that water is still wet.


  9. Guggi
    10 | June 29, 2012 1:10 pm

    Speranza you asked me why I don’t believe the Natasha Smith story.
    Let’s look at the few facts one can discover from this story:

    When ?
    The incident must had happened in the evening b’cause she writes about the firework in the sky.

    Where ?
    We notice two locations: the end of the Qasr al Nil Bridge and the small platform and the small area where the tents are located at the Tahrir Square.

    Who ?
    Hundreds of men, like in the Logan case.

    Why ?
    Because there went the rumor that she was a spy, like in the Logan case.

    What happened ?
    Her limbs were torn apart by hundreds of men, she was stripped naked, graped everywhere and finger f*cked in every possible hole (like Logan) and pushed around.

    Now my question to you: How did she come from the end of the Qasr al Nil Bridge to the area with the tents ? Those „hundreds of men“ had to drag her naked and barfooted along about 500 meters the crowded al Tahrir Street – which was controlled on both sides by the police -- then they had to turn right to the al Tahrir Square all that while grapping and finger f*cking her. (Remember, she wrote that she wanted to turn around when she saw the crowd from the end of the bridge. But you can only see the street not the square from the bridge, so the street was crowded)

    But it doesn’t stop here because now those „hundreds of men“ had to fight their way across the Tahrir Square – again about 200 meters – which was crowded with ten thousends of people celebrating Mosri’s victory to reach the tent area (for God’s sake why should they do this ?) and again they did this while grabbing and finger f*cking her in all possible holes. She doesn’t mention this with a single word, we are not told how she came from the end of the bridge to the tent area. Not a single word about this. Maybe they used a flying carpet ?

    Dressing – the „burka case“.
    Egyptian women don’t – I repeat: don’t – wear burkas. They are either dressed like Westerners, or wear a hijab, or wear a chador or a niqab. Women in a niqab were never seen at Tahrir Square and the very last place where they would go would be the tent area.

    Let aside this Lady-Godiva related dime novel writing and her self-adulation as a saint we come now to the hospitals. There are only two hospitals which she could have possibly attended: the El Hussein University Hospital (al Azar university) and the Ossama El Azizy Hospital (there are more hospitals and medical centers around but they are special medical centers and research units for e.g cancer, kidney deseases, radiology and a cardiology clinic). Why doesn’t she name them if she was treated that bad there ? Above the entry you can read the name of each hospital in big letters in English. Maybe because someone could fact checking her ? The same with the police report: she doesn’t tell us the name of the police station where she filed her report. Why ? Egyptian police is well known to treat women who file for rape or sexual assault like sh*t but she didn’t make any experiences. No word about police.

    So far, we have only one name: Callum, her friend. But, although she calls him a hero, she doesn’t give us his full name even though he is the only one who could confirm her story from the very beginning to the end. What’s about her friends who had cried and cried and cried about the incident while she – the victim -- stayed cool ? What a female hero, isn’t she ? What’s about the „lady from the embassy“ who brought her to the private hospital that night ? Also she is hidden behind the term „lady from the embassy“. She (Natasha Smith) has avoided any chance – or at least believed so – that anyone could fact check her story and so we have only her word for it. Failure, if you fake a story do it carefully and she certainly didn’t.

    Know what Speranza ? After reading her story again and again carefully I even doubt that she was near Qasr al Nil Bridge, Tahrir Street and Tahrir Square that evening let alone that she was sexually assaulted by „hundreds of men“.

    The story is not only a fake, the story is bad written and the story is disgusting Kitsch and self-promotion.

    To give you an impression how the tent area looked that evening

    And here a photo how crowded the Tahrir Square was that evening including the small tent area


  10. 11 | June 29, 2012 1:16 pm

    @ Speranza:

    The Left does, but if things go kaput, the Left will get it also. Europe is going to descend into anarchy. We are in uncharted waters. America goes Socialist, Europe collapsing and the Caliphate is being born. We are at the beginning of crazy times.


  11. 12 | June 29, 2012 1:18 pm

    @ Speranza:

    Charles Johnson is still a bum.


  12. waldensianspirit
    13 | June 29, 2012 1:52 pm

    @ Guggi:
    CNN article mentions a doctor, Mohammed Meligi of a still unnamed hospital. It includes one sentence sounding like its from an interview with him.

    And video of her recounting her story


  13. The Osprey
  14. 15 | June 29, 2012 2:01 pm

    @ The Osprey:

    :lol:

    WTF!


  15. 16 | June 29, 2012 2:03 pm

    Columbia Journalism Review article on why internet access is a human right:

    More than $140 million dollars were spent by the US government in 2010 to make sure Pakistanis, Kenyans, Indonesians, and others, got relevant, targeted news and information, according to a report published by the Center for International Media Assistance.

    Resident Ozero is funding news orgs in his hometowns and meanwhile he’d like to shut all of us down.


  16. heysoos
    17 | June 29, 2012 2:04 pm

    I’m a Jew lover, just for the record


  17. 18 | June 29, 2012 2:04 pm

    The Osprey wrote:

    Kenya Waste and the Kingdom of the Golden Skull.

    Obama will arrest, jay z and kanye, seize the golden skull, melt it down and sell it to fund his re-election campaign.


  18. 19 | June 29, 2012 2:07 pm

    Rodan wrote:

    @ Speranza:

    The Left does, but if things go kaput, the Left will get it also. Europe is going to descend into anarchy. We are in uncharted waters. America goes Socialist, Europe collapsing and the Caliphate is being born. We are at the beginning of crazy times.

    The worse off Europe becomes, the more ideologically healthy the US becomes. A great deal can be learned from the misery of others, and we’re the kind of country that is receptive to those lessons. Yeah, we’ve followed the preposterous European Social Democrat model to this point, but we’re unlikely to follow them off the cliff. If European countries, or even groups of European countries go down, the world is in major crisis. If the US goes down, the world could be on the verge of a new Dark Age.

    We are, indeed, in uncharted waters


  19. 20 | June 29, 2012 2:08 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    I’m a Jew lover, just for the record

    So, you’re officially “out of the closet”, now? ;)


  20. 21 | June 29, 2012 2:09 pm

    @ MacDuff:

    If the US goes down, the world could be on the verge of a new Dark Age.

    Don’t worry Charles Johnson will save us.
    ////


  21. 22 | June 29, 2012 2:09 pm

    The Osprey wrote:

    Kenya Waste and the Kingdom of the Golden Skull.

    Filthy out-of-touch one percenters!


  22. 23 | June 29, 2012 2:10 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    I’m a Jew lover, just for the record

    No wonder Charles banned you!


  23. 24 | June 29, 2012 2:11 pm

    @ Urban Infidel:

    @ MacDuff:

    Jay Z is a phoney. Back in the 90′s when I was Djing, He used to get robbed and blackmailed by the Latin Kings and Italian Mob.


  24. 25 | June 29, 2012 2:12 pm

    @ MacDuff:
    @ Urban Infidel:
    @ The Osprey:

    Here’s my post on Jay-z.


  25. 26 | June 29, 2012 2:14 pm

    MacDuff wrote:

    Filthy out-of-touch one percenters!

    I remember Kanye’s little trip to Zucotti Square to hang with the flea-ridden Occupy bunch.


  26. 27 | June 29, 2012 2:15 pm

    @ Rodan:
    He sucks and so does all that crap called hip hop / rap today. When it started back in ’79 it was all about dancing and having fun. Now it is just a cultural degeneracy that just keeps on giving.


  27. Guggi
    28 | June 29, 2012 2:26 pm

    waldensianspirit wrote:

    @ Guggi:
    CNN article mentions a doctor, Mohammed Meligi of a still unnamed hospital. It includes one sentence sounding like its from an interview with him.
    And video of her recounting her story

    This must be the doctor from the private hospital where she was brought to by the “lady from the embassy” but he doesn’t mention anything about sexual assaults and if you may remember she wrote “I twisted my ankle.” This could have happened anywhere.

    I had a discussion about the case with the chief editor of the German “Welt online” who also mentioned the CNN interview. They published the article in the subjunctive and with the introduction “she claims that….etc.”

    Lara Logan had to stay in the hospital I think about four days and she was “only” sexual assaulted for about 15 min. while Smith was three or four times longer under the thumb of the criminals but the very next day everything was ok. No treatment, no hospital stay.


  28. Speranza
    29 | June 29, 2012 2:34 pm

    @ Guggi:
    So let me get this straight Sherlock -- a woman who is obviously pro Egyptian and believes in the chimera of “moderate Islam” is going to invent a horrific story that will make her beloved Egypt and “Arab Spring” look awful.

    Not. Buying. It.

    On that note that topic is closed.


  29. heysoos
    30 | June 29, 2012 2:39 pm

    MacDuff wrote:

    heysoos wrote:
    I’m a Jew lover, just for the record

    So, you’re officially “out of the closet”, now?

    my folks visited Israel 3 times…I’ve seen hours of vids and my dad especially loved the people…but my admiration goes back further…I just really respect their spirit and sense of obligation…and they fight like hell unleashed…what’s not to like?


  30. Guggi
    31 | June 29, 2012 2:41 pm

    The quote from the CNN article is very clever:

    “He and a female nurse (who only reluctantly kept me covered up) looked briefly at the damage and just wandered off, saying that because I didn’t have internal bleeding, they couldn’t do anything,” she wrote. “A useful trip, that was.”

    Not with a single word is a sexual assault mentioned and “intern bleeding” can also be a hematoma when you twist your ankle.


  31. Guggi
    32 | June 29, 2012 2:48 pm

    Speranza wrote:

    @ Guggi:
    So let me get this straight Sherlock – a woman who is obviously pro Egyptian and believes in the chimera of “moderate Islam” is going to invent a horrific story that will make her beloved Egypt and “Arab Spring” look awful.
    Not. Buying. It.
    On that note that topic is closed.

    No one gives you a Sherlock. You can believe what you want but don’t be surprised when people will call you an useful idiot.

    Case closed.


  32. Alberta Oil Peon
    33 | June 29, 2012 3:11 pm

    Sheesh! This whole Natasha Smith dispute is so friggin’ pointless.

    You have a moonbat “journalist” who claims she was raped by a mob of Egyptian men near Tahrir Square. Either she is telling the truth, or she is lying, or has at least grossly exaggerated the incident.

    So what? Raping Western women is what muslims do, and what Egyptians do, given the opportunity to do so without incurring penalty. That isn’t news.

    If her story is false, no innocent Egyptian man is going to go to the gallows because of it. If her story is true, no guilty Egyptian man is going to go to the gallows for it, either.

    Natasha Smith is a sideshow, and her rape story, be it true or false, is not going to determine any outcomes in Egypt.


  33. 34 | June 29, 2012 3:14 pm

    Guggi wrote:

    don’t be surprised when people will call you an useful idiot.

    A useful idiot to whom? If you know so much about this story, why did she do it? Who benefits? She’s obviously a big lover of Egypt and Islam--so what’s your point? It seems to be a pretty much straight up mob attack, the type we’ve seen many times before.


  34. yenta-fada
    35 | June 29, 2012 3:26 pm

    In my opinion, the lessons of the Holocaust are numerous. The outstanding one for our times, is that when the world turns against the Jews, the consequences for the rest of the world could EASILY result in a GLOBAL Holocaust of nuclear proportions. When hatred overcomes all reason, the opportunity for atrocities is unbounded.

    If mankind cannot evolve beyond this level of self-destruction, it will lead to apocalytic results with unbounded fury.


  35. yenta-fada
    36 | June 29, 2012 3:28 pm

    @ yenta-fada:

    That’s an opinion without reference to the Bible. If we lose our humanity, we become animals.


  36. 37 | June 29, 2012 3:34 pm

    @ yenta-fada:

    Amen.


  37. waldensianspirit
    38 | June 29, 2012 3:37 pm

    @ Alberta Oil Peon:
    I agree completely. My only reason for questioning is a false mantle hurts those who have been assaulted


  38. 39 | June 29, 2012 8:13 pm

    I don’t much approve of throwing the Boers under the bus.

    Apartheid was how the Boers ensured their survival. Israel, also, does what it needs to survive, using very similar methods. Otherwise it is “kill the farmer kill the Boer”.

    The survival of the civilised peoples in both regions also turns out to ensure the prosperity of those they live amongst. Otherwise, Zimbabwe.

    Yes, Israel is an apartheid state. That is *why* she is deserving of our support.


  39. 40 | June 29, 2012 8:17 pm

    Raping Western women is also what black South Africans do, by the way.


Back to the Top

The Blogmocracy

website design was Built By David