This is it, put up or shut up time for the Republicans!

by Rodan ( 174 Comments › )
Filed under Business, Communism, Economy, Elections 2012, Fascism, Healthcare, Mitt Romney, Progressives, Republican Party, Socialism, Tranzis at June 29th, 2012 - 8:00 am

I was contemplating breaking with GOP and joining the Libertarians in the November election. However, that’s not a fair move considering Mitt Romney doesn’t have the Presidency nor does the GOP have the Senate. Make no mistake, this Obamacare ruling is the conclusion of the Progressives takeover of this nation.

In 1912  the evil and vile human slime KKK White Supremacist, Woodrow Wilson, was elected President. He set off a chain of events both domestically and internationally that has led to the current mess. With the exceptions of the Presidencies of Warren Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Dwight Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan, the Progressive agenda has been advanced. Democrats such as FDR, LBJ, Carter and Caligula (Obama) have been joined by Republicans like Herbert Hoover, Richard Nixon, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush who appointed that quisling John Roberts, and have advanced the Progressive agenda. Make no mistake, both parties are Progressive.

Now however the Republicans claim to be Conservatives. They claim that they have learned their lessons and if given total power, will govern as Conservatives. One reason to doubt it is the fact the Republicans shoved Rockefeller Progressive Republican 2 face jerk Mitt Romney down our throats. They claim that he’s electable and that’s the best the GOP could do.  I think this is hogwash, but it is what it is. Well lets use the Progressive Republicans to defeat the Marxist Democrats.

Make no mistake, I hate both parties with every fiber of my bone. To be fair there are some Republicans like Allen West whom I respect and support. I am 36 going on 37 and with the exception of the great Ronald Reagan, the last 2 Republican Presidents where Liberal failures.  The Republicans of this era used social issues to mask their Progressive Leftist agenda. Too many sincere Conservatives who were upset about the Left’s attack on the culture were used and didn’t realize the GOP’s real agenda. The culture wars were to distract from their Progressive economic/fiscal agenda. That said, by voting in the Republicans and Romney, we eliminate the Democrats. Then the GOP will have no excuse, it’s put up or shut up. I am not a party loyalist. I am a Patriot and put my country over some party loyalty.

If the Republicans do what they usually do and try to distract Conservatives with culture wars while  maintaining the Progressive Regime, then its will be time to destroy them. So I will vote against Obama and the Democrats by using Romney and the Republicans. Let me make this clear, I do not support nor trust Mitt Romney. This is just a  matter of getting rid of the Democrats and their fake Pharaoh. Then with the GOP in charge, if they don’t repeal Obamcare, decide to nation build in Syria, don’t implement tax and regulatory reform I will go full barrel at these phonies.

In the meantime I will concentrate my fire on the false messiah wannabe Caligula we have running this nation. I will not be a cheerleader for the Republican though. If given total power and the Republican don’t deliver it will be time for Conservatives of all stripes to destroy the Republican Party. This is their final chance and warning. I will not be alone in going after these phonies if they don’t deliver. My future has been robbed and my patience is limited.

If you wonder why I doubt the Republican Party and Romney here is a thought. Has the GOP ever repealed a Progressive program? Nope, they usually just claim to manage it better. David Frum, who is one of the elites of the Republicans, is even bragging they will not repeal Obama.

The Republican Plan B is to repeal Obamacare on Day 1 of a Romney presidency.

Good luck with that.

First, today’s Supreme Court decision will make it a lot harder to elect Mitt Romney. President Obama has just been handed a fearsome election weapon. 2012 is no longer exclusively a referendum on the president’s economic management. 2012 is now also a referendum on Mitt Romney’s healthcare plans. The president can now plausibly say that a vote for the Republicans is a vote to raise prescription drug costs on senior citizens and to empower insurance companies to deny coverage to children for per-existing conditions. Those charges will hurt—and maybe hurt enough to sway the election.

Don’t think David Frum is talking crap. This is the GOP elite’s thinking.

It’s put up or shut up time for the Republican Party and Mitt Romney. If they deliver, I will do a post admitting I am wrong and praising them. If they don’t then Conservatives must consider alternatives.

Mitt Romney and the Republican Party have been put on notice. Its put up and deliver  or you are the next target for the Right’s wrath!

Glenn beck expresses how I feel.

Bonus: Ace of Spades expresses my sentiments.

Dear GOP,

This is your last chance. If you blow this, I’m out and you need to be destroyed.

What is it? Repeal ObamaCare on Day 1. Don’t worry about replace, don’t worry about anything else. We will do everything we have to drag your sorry asses over the line this fall, including electing Mitt Fucking Romney.

As you see, I am not alone on this.

Update: I deleted Michael Savage’s accusations of Roberts’ Epilepsy possibly effecting his judgement. People here who are epileptic or in the medical field have said Savage is full of of crap. I apologize for this, it was out of ignorance. But I stand by the rest of my post.

Tags: , , ,

Comments

174 Responses to “This is it, put up or shut up time for the Republicans!”

1 | June 29, 2012 8:32 am

mike savage is an idiot.

period.

his bullshit cupcake phd is in some sociology/anthro crap, not real science and holds ZERO water out here in real world letters after yer name land.

i wouldn’t listen to him about pharma more than my i would listen to my demented crazy old lady neighbor.

frankly, he can go screw himself over his crap comments. he wont lose me as a listener because he naver had me.

2 | June 29, 2012 8:35 am

I think ALL Congresses decisions are effected by the large amounts of psychoactive drugs and antihistamines they consume everyday

3. 3 | June 29, 2012 8:42 am

I appreciate the frustration, but conservatives leaving the Republican Party to find a new home, elsewhere, is suicide. Reagan wasn’t elected because the country was suddenly crawling with conservatives, he was elected because he formed a coalition of disparate groups, not all of which were necessarily “conservative”. A conservative breakaway from the Republicans is the Democrats’ fondest wish, just as a far Leftist breakaway from the Democrat Party is the Republicans’ fondest wish.

4 | June 29, 2012 8:44 am

@ MacDuff:
    But how do we ever have a candidate instead of two Democrats for POTUS?

5. citizen_q
    5 | June 29, 2012 8:46 am

Our future is dependent upon the GOP having some backbone, sticking to principle and following through?

G-d help us all.

6. 6 | June 29, 2012 8:53 am

@ waldensianspirit:
    We’re always going to be looking at a Center Right candidate. Like I’ve explained to Rodan before, we are not the mainstream of American political thought. That is the sad truth. A candidate that espoused everything we want to hear would be unelectable. We have to compromise. That is just the cold hard fact.

7. 7 | June 29, 2012 8:53 am

Michael Savage pints out that John Roberts’ cognition is effected by epilepsy medication.

I have Partial Epilepsy, take meds for it, and I find the Savage’s assumption of cognition problems to be offensive in the extreme. He’s no MD, certainly not a neurologist and diagnosis from the TV (I doubt he’s ever been in the same building as Roberts) is only done my fools.

8 | June 29, 2012 8:55 am

Jeb Bush? Wanna come out and chirp something?

9. theoutsider
    9 | June 29, 2012 8:56 am

No matter what you think of Roberts’ ruling, it is really despicable to attack him because he is epileptic.

10 | June 29, 2012 8:58 am

MacDuff wrote:

its crap.

m savage can go fuck himself. he is an idiot with ZERO creds. period.

11. 11 | June 29, 2012 9:01 am

@ theoutsider:
    For once I agree with you. Attacking Roberts’ epilepsy is beyond the pale. It is also incorrect. Whatever his reasons for this betrayal, his epilepsy had nothing to do with it.

12 | June 29, 2012 9:06 am

@ theoutsider:

his intrinsic socialist?

13 | June 29, 2012 9:06 am

@ theoutsider:

despicable.

14. mawskrat
    14 | June 29, 2012 9:10 am

We are GO for Launch

15. 15 | June 29, 2012 9:10 am

@ waldensianspirit:
    No, if he were an intrinsic socialist, he would have upheld it through the Commerce Clause. That would have been worse than this. I think Obama intimidated him with his threats to deligitimize the Court if it threw ObamaCare out. Roberts blinked, in other words.words

16 | June 29, 2012 9:12 am

@ mawskrat:
    Thanks! Who’s doing it?

17. gibsonz
    17 | June 29, 2012 9:15 am

And we keep expecting a different result…once again a supposed ‘conservative’ named ‘Lucy’ yanks the ball back right as we have the game winner lined up. We have to keep voting for ‘Lucy’ though or we are doomed, doomed I tell ya, “DOOMED”…perhaps it`s time to kick “Lucy” square in the ass instead of taking aim at the ball!

18 | June 29, 2012 9:16 am

Check this out! Crude oil up over $4/bbl and gold up almost $50/oz.

19. 19 | June 29, 2012 9:18 am

@ mawskrat:

Dammit! We should be launching MEN and WOMEN into orbit, but thanks to أوباما and his Muslim Outreach….

20 | June 29, 2012 9:21 am

Macker wrote:

@ mawskrat:

Yeah, but it’s the most high tech muzz outreach in the galaxy. ///

21 | June 29, 2012 9:22 am

@ mawskrat:
    No fins, just chuck it up there eh

22. 22 | June 29, 2012 9:23 am

waldensianspirit wrote:

But how do we ever have a candidate instead of two Democrats for POTUS?

We raise up local and state candidates that most closely share our views -- we won a lot of gubernatorial races in 2010 and governors are a terribly important piece of the puzzle. We elect Representatives and Senators -- the House and Senate hold the power of the people.

We’re on the precipice right now and we simply do not have time to build a party from the ground up and even if we did, what would it look like? Beware, distilling “true conservatives” (whatever that may mean, and it’s debated here daily) away from the Republican Party doesn’t broaden the appeal, it narrows it.

Like it or not, societies become more liberal with time, not more conservative and those two qualifiers change over time. You don’t have to be “progressive” to embrace progress and change.

23. mawskrat
    23 | June 29, 2012 9:24 am

waldensianspirit wrote:

@ mawskrat:
    Thanks! Who’s doing it?

The NRO

24 | June 29, 2012 9:25 am

Obama : “he [Roberts] seemed to have consistently sided with those who were dismissive of efforts to eradicate the remnants of racial discrimination in our political process. ”

Roberts: “See? Do not!”

25. 25 | June 29, 2012 9:26 am

Testing new avatar….

26 | June 29, 2012 9:28 am

gibsonz wrote:

and people like you on the right expect things to change overnight.

keep dreaming. for change to occur we have to take the party over from the ground up, guess what? that takes time, so far we are 3 years into the project. 3 years to reverse the course of 100 years of progressive drift. we have a generation or two of work ahead of us.

go ahead and vote for some 3rd party and see what that gets you, dont dare do the hard work of changing the party from the inside out and from the ground up. oh hell no! that might require some effort!

are you active in your local tea party or do you just whine and bitch on blogs? get involved if you arent. words on the screen dont mean shit. actions count.

the fight is on, the field and rules are now defined.

27. 27 | June 29, 2012 9:31 am

and people like you on the right expect things to change overnight.

the fight is on, the field and rules are now defined.

Hear! Hear!

28 | June 29, 2012 9:32 am

@ MacDuff:

i am so sick of this shit.

it is indeed put up or shut up.

29. mawskrat
    29 | June 29, 2012 9:39 am

Zimmerman bond hearing

30. 30 | June 29, 2012 9:42 am

gibsonz wrote:

So what do you propose? As the lyrics of the Beatles’ “Revolution” goes, “You say you have a real solution, well, you know, we’d all love to see the plan”

31. 31 | June 29, 2012 9:42 am

@ MacDuff:

I want action on economic/fiscal matters. Obamacare must go and we need to economic/regulatory reform. I don’t care about social issues.

That’s my gripe and I feel we can agree on that.

32. 32 | June 29, 2012 9:44 am

@ MacDuff:

Well I have MDs in the family and cousin says Mike Savage is absolutely full of shit.

33. 33 | June 29, 2012 9:44 am

What if the Republicans lie and don’t do squat on economic/fiscal matters?

What do you propose? What are Economic/Fiscal cons top do?

34. 34 | June 29, 2012 9:49 am

I do think though that Roberts did change his vote based on the attacks on the Court and I find that troubling.

35. 35 | June 29, 2012 9:54 am

@ Carolina Girl:

The one time we need a solid Conservative vote, he caved and allowed the US to become a Socialist state.

If Romney/Republican win I think we should do mass protest in January to remind them why we voted them in. If they a mass of people in Washington, watch how quick they repeal Obamacare and implement Tax/Regulatory Reform.

36. theoutsider
    36 | June 29, 2012 9:56 am

@ Carolina Girl:
    No he didn’t. He’s not a pussy. He did what he though was right.

37. 37 | June 29, 2012 9:58 am

@ theoutsider:

You love him now. He gave you guys your victory in the 100 years war. You have the American you want now. You must be proud that you have ruined my future?

Now wait for the counter attack.

38. 38 | June 29, 2012 9:58 am

@ theoutsider:

People like you have ruined my future. You Leftists are scum.

39 | June 29, 2012 9:59 am

@ theoutsider:
    There are gills in the writings that indicate he did. Gills will get ya every time

40. 40 | June 29, 2012 10:01 am

@ Carolina Girl:
    I think so, too. That is the bad news, because it means the Left canif bully him. I hope this is a one off, but I note that he basically gave Obama what he wanted on immigration, too. Bad juju.

41. 41 | June 29, 2012 10:05 am

This was the most important vote. The very reason people for years said vote Republican because of court appointees. Roberts crapped on us. Kennedy, finally came through at a crucial moment. But make no mistake, Roberts stabbed us and this nation in the back.

If Romney/Republicans win, I say January we organize a massive protest to put the feat of God in them. Its to let them know, put up or bye bye. We need to put the fear of God in these people.

42 | June 29, 2012 10:05 am

Rightwing Rebel wrote:

What if the Republicans lie and don’t do squat on economic/fiscal matters?
    What do you propose? What are Economic/Fiscal cons top do?

pay attention….we are in year 3…3 of taking back the gop and then america from a 100 year progressive march.

either join in or get out of the way.

your choice.

43. theoutsider
    43 | June 29, 2012 10:05 am

@ Rightwing Rebel:@ Rightwing Rebel:
    @ Rightwing Rebel:
    What 100 years war are you talking about? I don’t love the guy at all. I’m just giving him credit where credit is due. His court, after all validated Citizens United, and to me that still makes him a villain.

44. 44 | June 29, 2012 10:06 am

Anyone notice that Democratic Court appointees never side with Conservatives, but Republicans time and time again turn on the Right? Do the Democrats have a better vetting process?

45. 45 | June 29, 2012 10:09 am

@ theoutsider:

You Leftists have for a 100 years been infiltrating our system to create your Utopia. You want to control peoples lives and treat us as Serfs. I know your agenda. You guys started the shit withe Jacobins in France in 1789. You guys have under different names since them. Bolsheviks, Nazis, Maoists, Progressives, Socialists. Whatever name you guys use its the same result. Death and destruction. Its not going to happen here. You won one phase of the war. Now get ready for the next phase.

46 | June 29, 2012 10:11 am

Why Romney Won’t Repeal Obamacare

47. 47 | June 29, 2012 10:12 am

@ waldensianspirit:

That’s why we need a mass [protest after the election. To let Romney know, if he don’t repeal he’s a one termer.

48. 48 | June 29, 2012 10:16 am

The problem is that the Republicans don’t act Center-Right. They govern as Leftists expanding government. If they did govern Center-Right, we would not be in this mess. All I ask is for Fiscal responsibility and Economic reform. That’s not much to ask.

49. 49 | June 29, 2012 10:17 am

Rightwing Rebel wrote:

@ MacDuff:

That’s my gripe and I feel we can agree on that.

I feel we agree far more than we disagree. My apologies for my rather insulting tone yesterday, but I, like you, sometimes let frustration get the better of me. You didn’t respond in kind, and that’s a credit to you.

All that said, at some point we all must choose sides. The Republican Party is far more ideologically diverse than the Democrats could ever hope to be. Sure, Dems will grouse but, in the end, they present a united front and support their candidate. Conversely, Republicans rip each other apart in ideological arguments, there are permanent fissures between disparate groups and eventual “full-throated support” can never be assumed. That’s commendable, but successful politics is more about ideological coalitions than ideological purity. In short, if you can’t win elections, it’s all no more than intellectual masturbation.

Jon Anderson, Ross Perot, Pat Buchanan, George Wallace, all drank the Third Party Kool-Aid and affected the party that, had they not been so arrogant, would have come closest to representing their views. Ross Perot was likely responsible for electing Bill Clinton.

No one likes to admit that, while the company they keep is less than stellar, they really have no where else to go, but that’s basically where we’re at. Yeah, a lot of ‘em are assholes, but they’re our assholes and, in the end, our assholes are preferable to their assholes. We can primary out the assholes and, in those rare cases where a Democrat may actually be more conservative than the Republican, we can vote for them.

Just my two cents….

50 | June 29, 2012 10:18 am

The Left is insane.

Video: Axeldouche Still Won’t Call Individual Mandate A Tax After SCOTUS Ruling…

Ignoring reality.

Just like Holder saying he’s just gonna “go back to work.”

Don’t like reality? Ignore it!

Or better yet, spin it into something you DO like.

51. 51 | June 29, 2012 10:20 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ MacDuff:

“Full of shit” is charitable. He’s so execrable that I wouldn’t admit to agreeing with him, even if I did. He’s toxic.

52. 52 | June 29, 2012 10:24 am

Bumr50 wrote:

The Left is insane.

Ignoring reality.

Just like Holder saying he’s just gonna “go back to work.”

Don’t like reality? Ignore it!

Or better yet, spin it into something you DO like.

They’re not insane; they just don’t accept that their arguments need be limited by the boundaries of facts and reason. Alas, it’s been working quite well for 3 1/2 years.

53 | June 29, 2012 10:24 am

@ Bumr50:
    I didn’t expect otherwise. They giggle as Roberts is their new Bart Stupak

54. 54 | June 29, 2012 10:28 am

@ MacDuff:

Hey no biggy about yesterday! We are cool!

I think problem is that Republicans tried to pull the wool over people’s eyes with their Culture War crap. They would bitch about Gays, TV movies, Rap Music and other things to appear Conservative. In other words the GOP was Conservative in the wrong area.

On the Economic/Fiscal front they were no different than Democrats. They expanded government, imposed new regulations and propped up the Progressive state. Now many Conservatives have realized the Con game and are angry. The Republicans also said vote for them for Supreme Court justices. Time and time again, Republican appointed judges sided with the Left. Yesterday Roberts did the ultimate betrayal. He voted for a Socialist state.

Many Conservatives don’t trust the Republicans no more. I decided to vote for them this election to remove the Democrats. But if the GOP doesn’t deliver something has to change. If the Party doesn’t repeal Obamacare and reform our archaic Tax/Regulatory structure, then what’s the point of their existence?

I believe in Free Markets. If the Republican don’t deliver on the service they promise, then as a customer I have to go elsewhere. I am not alone in this sentiment.

Something has to give we are on a unsustainable course.

55. 55 | June 29, 2012 10:32 am

Consumer sentiment falls and the Stock Market is up 200 points?

WTF!

56. 56 | June 29, 2012 10:45 am

@ Rightwing Rebel:
    Actually that is huge ! It requires reform of the entire bureaucracy, including entitlements. There is resistance at every level to this. We have can use some of that in our fight against ObamaCare. They are cutting half a trillion dollars out of Medicare. Romney should hammer that.

57. 57 | June 29, 2012 11:00 am

Actually, his text to me read as follows

“That asshole is more full of shit than shit than my local sewage plant.”

58 | June 29, 2012 11:07 am

mawskrat wrote:

We are GO for Launch

Dead link :sad:

59 | June 29, 2012 11:08 am

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    Yep it happened live and then gone

60. 60 | June 29, 2012 11:10 am

They have to make the tough choices. This is is it, put up or shut up time. This is our very future.

61. 61 | June 29, 2012 11:11 am

Rightwing Rebel wrote:

@ MacDuff:

Hey no biggy about yesterday! We are cool!

Something has to give we are on a unsustainable course.

You use “conservative” as though it’s a monolithic ideology. It’s not. Maybe it is for you, but it’s not for most people. You and I share a lack of enthusiasm for SoCons but they (along with many on this board) would righteously bristle at your comment that they are “conservative in the wrong area”.

As for “On the Economic/Fiscal front they were no different than Democrats”, I would disagree. We wouldn’t be going through this Health Care debacle had McCain been elected nor would we have the first AG to be found in criminal and civil contempt of Congress.

Sorry, but conservatives who “don’t trust Republicans” would be better served making changes within the party than going off on a Don Quixote-like quest for a more conservative party -- that adventure is by no means assured success and even failure will be decades in the making.

We are in crisis and we desperately need realism and coalitions.

62. 62 | June 29, 2012 11:13 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

Actually, his text to me read as follows

“That asshole is more full of shit than shit than my local sewage plant.”

Yeah, I’d vote “aye” to that.

63 | June 29, 2012 11:20 am

MacDuff wrote:

We wouldn’t be going through this Health Care debacle had McCain been elected

I don’t have your certitude. Of course his warmongering might have preoccupied him enough. The debt would be nearly as high

64. 64 | June 29, 2012 11:22 am

We wouldn’t be going through this Health Care debacle had McCain been elected

McCain proposed a very similar Healtcare reform when he was running in 08. We are just going to have to disagree then. We are headed for an economic/fiscal catastrophe and I really don’t think the GOP is up to challenge. They have to prove they will do what is needed to save this nation. You got to see this nations glory years. I only saw the tail end of it.

My future has been robbed. That’s something you may not be able to grasp. Put yourself in my shows at 36, knowing you have no future. You would feel as I do. You would want action, not talk. The Republican Party has been just talk and no action. This is it. They will be put in the driver’s seat hopefully this November. This is crunch time.

65. 65 | June 29, 2012 11:24 am

@ waldensianspirit:

He would use his warmongering to distract. It’s the old Progressive Republican trick Use war and culture wars to distract from Progressive fiscal policies.

66 | June 29, 2012 11:24 am

MacDuff wrote:

Sorry, but conservatives who “don’t trust Republicans” would be better served making changes within the party than going off on a Don Quixote-like quest for a more conservative party – that adventure is by no means assured success and even failure will be decades in the making.

some on the right are too lazy to do a long march through the institutions.

67. 67 | June 29, 2012 11:28 am

I am going to ask you. If a company makes claims of the services they provide and don’t live up top it, would you continue to go to that company? Nope.

The Republican are making promises. They have a history of breaking it. Come November hopefully, they will have all the power in Washington. If after January, they don’t repeal Obamacare and don’t implement tax/regularly reform to make America economically competitive, what’s the point in supporting them then?

68 | June 29, 2012 11:32 am

They spend so fast even Paul Ryan can’t make a diff

69 | June 29, 2012 11:33 am

@ MacDuff:

It’s also a false dichotomy. Most social issues have economic ramifications.

The deliberate replacement of the family unit by government over the past 50 years is the main reason we’re $16 trillion in debt today.

70. 70 | June 29, 2012 11:34 am

Ok, I’ve heard a lot of people rant and rave about how John Roberts betrayed America yesterday. I’ve also read quite a few opinions to the contrary.

What exact did John Roberts decide yesterday.

Well for starters, he kneecapped Wickard v. Filburn, the Supreme Court Ruling that has been used since 1942 to allow the Federal Government via the Commerce Clause to regulate pretty much anything they wanted to. Justices Scalia’s dissent makes it indisputably clear that that was the intent of the Court.

Then their is the inconvenient fact that the Obama Administration had made it 100 percent perfectly clear that they had every intention of issuing Executive Orders that would have done an end run around any Ruling made by the supreme Court to overtly strike down the Affordable Care Act.

Justices Robert’s ruling made it impossible for the Obama Administration to pull an end run around the Courts ruling. Furthermore, his ruling, by legally defining the Affordable Care Act as taxation legislation kicked the Affordable Care Act back to where it can be congress where it can be repealed under reconciliation procedural rules.

Unlike most of us, House Majority Whip Eric Cantor apparently saw this coming because he introduced legislation less than an hour after the SCOTUS Ruling came out that will do exactly that. On July 11th the House will vote to kill the Affordable Care Act using reconciliation procedural rules, which means, it will only require 51 votes to kill.

So, what did Justice Roberts do yesterday.

His ruling made it impossible for Obamacare to be mandated using the Commerce Clause. It forced the Affordable Care Act back in front of the House on reconciliation procedural rules. It prevented Obama from issuing Executive Orders to implement Obamacare in defiance of the Supreme Court. It forced the Obama Administration to acknowledge that the Affordable Care Act was the single largest tax increase in America’s history.

Now I know that some of you are going to continue hypercritically ranting and raving about how Justice Roberts betrayed America like petulant children. Whatever, ranting and raving in anger and ignorance seems to be a favorite sport for some of you.

71 | June 29, 2012 11:37 am

Bart Stupak

72 | June 29, 2012 11:37 am

if you didnt post this, i was going to.

well said.

73 | June 29, 2012 11:37 am

Well, it is easier than actually doing anything…

74 | June 29, 2012 11:38 am

if you didnt post this, i was going to.

well said.

Seconded.

Although I’m pretty sure that I said most of the same thing last night… :)

75. 75 | June 29, 2012 11:39 am

Roberts voted to allow a Socialist state. He easily could have done the same thing in restricting the Commerce clause by throwing out Obamacare. He didn’t and anything else is wishful thinking.

Progressives won and Conservatives lost yesterday. Now we have to plan a counter attack and pressure the GOP to get rid of Obamacare, or else.

76. 76 | June 29, 2012 11:41 am

New Thread.

77 | June 29, 2012 11:41 am

Roberts added on a whole new way to tax that wasn’t in the Constitution before. Obama is a master at running with the words; he doesn’t care as long as his agenda continues unabated

78. 78 | June 29, 2012 11:44 am

@ waldensianspirit:

Obama at this point probably doesn’t care about re-election. He has achieved Woodrow Wilson’s goal of a Progressive state. Now it has to be undone starting by repealing Obamacare and coming up with a plan to balance the budget.

79 | June 29, 2012 11:46 am

Meanwhile, a UN body has voted to protect the Church of the Nativity…from Israel:

UNESCO makes Church of Nativity as endangered site

UNESCO’s World Heritage committee has voted to approve a Palestinian bid to place the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem on its list of sites of World Heritage in Danger.

The Palestinians had pressed to have the church and pilgrimage route inscribed as an emergency candidate at the meeting of the World Heritage 21-nation committee in St. Petersburg, Russia.

UNESCO spokeswoman Sue Williams said the committee voted 13-6 on Thursday to put the iconic Christian site on the list. Two nations abstained.

Emergency status for the candidacy meant the Palestinians could take a shortcut to getting the church on the list.

Some nations saw the move as an attempt by the Palestinians to mix politics and culture.

“This global recognition of the rights of the Palestinian people is a victory for our cause and for justice,” Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas’s spokesman Nabil Abu Rudeina told AFP, as Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erakat called it “a historic day.”

“These sites are threatened with total destruction through the Israeli occupation, through the building of the separation wall, because of all the Israeli sanctions and the measures that have been taken to stifle the Palestinian identity,” the Palestinian delegate said after the vote.

80. 80 | June 29, 2012 11:46 am

@ waldensianspirit:

I say put up a bill to tax Abortions. Let’s see how the Left likes it.

81 | June 29, 2012 11:47 am

Obama now has blatant power to tax citizens he doesn’t like. It is the muslim way; jizyah

82 | June 29, 2012 11:47 am

@ Rightwing Rebel:

a real capitalist would buy out the company and make it better.

83. 83 | June 29, 2012 11:47 am

Rightwing Rebel wrote:

Sorry, that is a strawman argument. The GOP isn’t a corporation, it can’t be brought before a civil court for remedy of fiduciary responsibility. What it is, is a collection of disparate individuals compromising to achieve partially overlapping goals.

coldwarrior is 100 percent right on this. It took 100 years to drift into this mess, and anyone who thinks it’s going to be corrected in a year or two is straight up out of their f’ing mind. We are 3 years into a fight that is going to take the entire rest of our lives. You can either run away or put your big boy pants on.

You don’t like the corruption in the GOP, then run for f’ing office and quit pretending it’s someone else responsibility to fix the broken system. This isn’t about your financial future, if the Founding Fathers had acted like that, their would be a United States of America. The founding of America destroyed the finances of the vast majority of the Founding Fathers, they lost EVERYTHING.

This is about the future of the entire nation.

84. 84 | June 29, 2012 11:48 am

Rightwing Rebel wrote:

BULLSHIT.

85. 85 | June 29, 2012 11:48 am

Funny, Israel has repaired these Churches. Want to be the Palis convert it to a Mosque in a few years. Only in the UN is black, white and white, black!

86. 86 | June 29, 2012 11:50 am

If Robert’s consolation prize makes you feel better hey more power to you. But we are now a Socialist state.

87 | June 29, 2012 11:50 am

waldensianspirit wrote:

Roberts didn’t create a damn thing yesterday. The 16th Amendment did, about a century ago.

88 | June 29, 2012 11:50 am

But, but, but throwing mindless tantrums is soooo liberating… :mrgreen:

89. 89 | June 29, 2012 11:51 am

waldensianspirit wrote:

Wrong. The Supreme Court specifically cited the United States Constitution and pointed directly to Congresses duly authorized authority to levee taxes. SCOTUS did not grant Obama anything.

91. 91 | June 29, 2012 11:54 am

It doesn’t take 100 years to repeal Obamcare and implement Fiscal/Regulatory reform. We don’t have 100 years. We have a small window to get out fiscal house in order. If the GOP has total power in November, they have to deliver on their promises. Its as simple as that.

It only takes 51 votes to repeal Obamacare. It only takes 51 votes to reform our tax code. It only takes 51 votes to change our regulatory structure. This can be accomplished in the first 6 months of a Romney Administration.

Anything else in regards to pursing the Progressives, will take decades. But movement on Obacare and Fiscal/Economic matters can happen faster.

92. 92 | June 29, 2012 11:54 am

Rightwing Rebel wrote:

Wake the fuck up. We have been a socialist pseudo-state for over 70 years. Justice Roberts ended the Federal Governments ability to expand it scope through the Commerce Clause, that’s about the only thing yesterdays Ruling did.

93 | June 29, 2012 11:54 am

It was exactly the same argument (and the same tactic) FDR used to get Social Security past the Court 80 years ago: tell the rubes one thing, and argue exactly the opposite in court.

94 | June 29, 2012 11:54 am

Obama doesn’t need to call it a tax. The court will ok it as a tax for him.

95. 95 | June 29, 2012 11:58 am

The ruling allowed Obamcare to go through. Roberts could have easily did the same knee capping to the Commerce clause and voted to throw it out. He didn’t and now we are fully Socialist.

Spin it all you want, the Progressives have won and accomplished their goals. Now it’s a matter of a counter attack starting in November and then doing a mass protest in January in Washington to tell Romnmey he better come through, or else.

96. 96 | June 29, 2012 11:59 am

Yup, the difference this time, if their is any difference is that the America public has a far greater access to information than it did under Roosevelt. It’s up to the American People to correct this while it still can be corrected. Whether they put their big boy pants on and do so, or throw their hands in the air and run away as some here are suggesting is yet to be determined.

97. 97 | June 29, 2012 11:59 am

Wake the fuck up. We have been a socialist pseudo-state for over 70 years.

100 years starting with a that White Supremacist KKK Fascist scumbag Woodrow Wilson.

98 | June 29, 2012 12:00 pm

@ Rightwing Rebel:
    He distorted the tax clauses to do it

99 | June 29, 2012 12:00 pm

They’re showing live coverage of the inaugural address by the new Egyptian president.

If you focus on the tone of his voice and his speaking style, it sounds amazingly like it could be Nuremburg…

100. 100 | June 29, 2012 12:02 pm

It’s up to the American People to correct this while it still can be corrected.

It can only be corrected by a massive protest in Washington in January demanding Romney and the Republicans overturn this. They need to have the fear of god put in them. They need to be reminded they were voted in to undue Obamacare and get our fiscal house in order. Only through a massive protest will they do this.

101. 101 | June 29, 2012 12:03 pm

Rightwing Rebel wrote:

Respectfully, you’d be amazed at what I can grasp, don’t act like you’re the only one who’s ever been screwed. We’re all on the same crappy road, just at different points on our journey. I served my country in the Navy then worked my ass off in the same industry for 30 years, and by 2000, achieved a nice position, salary, corner office and fast track for a very comfortable retirement. I never bought more house or car than I could afford, bought the 401Ks and basically lived my life in accordance with “the rules”.

By 2004, I was downsized as the economy contracted upon the post 9/11 bubble-burst. I was 50, with a stellar work record, three decades of experience and discovered I was virtually unemployable. After a few months of unemployment, I found an entry-level position for a small fraction of my previous salary (and almost the same as I was getting from Unemployment) and I was fortunate enough to use my skills and experience to rise to a management level (over the course of years), but the progress for which I sacrificed years of single-minded dedication was gone. I had some health difficulties thereafter which further mucked up the works, but that’s just attributable to “shit happens”.

Yeah man, I can “grasp” it. The point is that we all need to play the hand we’ve been dealt, quit whining, confederate with even distantly “like minds” and make incremental progress.

102 | June 29, 2012 12:03 pm

doriangrey wrote:

lol! There are over 50% who like others being taxed more than themselves. They’ll vote to keep and expand their handouts

Information to save us? Bwaahaaahaaahaaaa

103. 103 | June 29, 2012 12:03 pm

Hey its not like we didn’t see this coming!

104. 104 | June 29, 2012 12:05 pm

@ MacDuff:

50 is the worse age to lose a job. There is age discrimination out there. Funny how that bigotry is OK?

That’s why I say we need to organize a massive protest in January when Romney and the GOP are sworn in. When they see masses of people demanding change,. they will act.

105 | June 29, 2012 12:07 pm

@ Rightwing Rebel:

It’s illegal, but damned hard to prove.

106. EBL
    106 | June 29, 2012 12:07 pm

http://evilbloggerlady.blogspot.com/2012/06/thank-you-john-roberts-for-moving-my.html I hope something good comes out of this. I am not the type to wallow in depression or run away from a fight, but this is still a very uphill battle. We cannot tolerate cowardice by the right.

107. 107 | June 29, 2012 12:08 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

If the GOP wins, we need to organize protests in Washington. That is the only way they will listen.

108 | June 29, 2012 12:08 pm

Rightwing Rebel wrote:

really?

how, within the scope of this case?

109 | June 29, 2012 12:09 pm

110. 110 | June 29, 2012 12:09 pm

Yup, that’s why its the discrimination that they get away with the most. Its just so wrong on many levels.

111 | June 29, 2012 12:12 pm

Is it wrong of me to keep wishing I was in the cockpit of a B-2 every time they show an overhead view of the million or so Muslim Brotherhood supporters gathered in Tahrir Square?

112. 112 | June 29, 2012 12:12 pm

It was not passed as Tax. Before yesterday, the Government can not Tax you to force you to buy a product.

Spin it all you want, Roberts caved and the Left won.

Now the question is, will Romney and the GOP have the balls to repeal this monstrosity.

113. 113 | June 29, 2012 12:12 pm

No, I feel the same way.

114. 114 | June 29, 2012 12:13 pm

Personally, I’m beginning to warm to the theory that Roberts saw this as an obvious tax (which opponents argued it was and proponents vehemently denied), identified it as such, and put it back in the political realm, where taxes belong. It doesn’t matter what Congress called it, it matters what it is and it’s a tax, thus constitutional.

It’s really elegantly simple.

115 | June 29, 2012 12:14 pm

Um, join Kennedy, Scalia, Alito and Thomas maybe?

116 | June 29, 2012 12:15 pm

It wasn’t a Constitutional tax … until yesterday

117. 117 | June 29, 2012 12:16 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

They can now Tax you top but electric cars.

118. 118 | June 29, 2012 12:17 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

Damn, I still dig George Carlin!

119. 119 | June 29, 2012 12:18 pm

@ MacDuff:

It was a loss no matter how much some are spinning it. It was a defeat and now we have to remove the god-king and put the fear of God in Romney/Republicans to undue this.

120 | June 29, 2012 12:19 pm

Old And Busted: Obama Campaign Says Health Care Law Need To Help Uninsured – New And Hot: Obama Campaign Blasts Uninsured As “Free Riders”…

See? got it ratcheted over; now they just go busting ahead with their central government growth

121 | June 29, 2012 12:20 pm

If your in Roberts camp you might not want to be listening to any Rush these days

122 | June 29, 2012 12:22 pm

it aint spin guys.

the real work to repeal starts now and now the commerce clause has been kneecapped.

this ‘law’ dies on july 11

123 | June 29, 2012 12:22 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

why? i am not allowed to have a disagreement with the maharushie?

124. 124 | June 29, 2012 12:23 pm

Rightwing Rebel wrote:

It’s up to the American People to correct this while it still can be corrected.

That’s only part of what needs to be done. Like I said above, you don’t like the corrupt GOP, then run for office and replace one of those Corrupt son of a bitches. And if you can’t run for office yourself, find someone who isn’t corrupt who is running and push them over the finish line. We win this one way and one way only, from the bottom up. We need to take a page out of the Ronulans play book.

Their impact the last 8 years has been massively disproportionate to their actual numbers. Learn the rules, seize the trenches and never assume that anyone else is going to do the hard work.

You complain that conservative candidates never get elected. They don’t get elected, not because the majority refuses to vote for them but because their is a process by which they are nominated, one that the Ronulans recognized and have gone after, and those who currently control that nomination process do not want conservative candidates.

So conservative are not getting elected because they are not making it through the nomination process. They aren’t making it through the nomination process because liberals and progressives have infiltrated the steering committees.

The TEA Party people are slowly taking back the steering committees, the local election boards, lower elected offices. Like coldwarrior said, we are 3 years into a fight that will take our entire lives to win. We only win it from the ground up. We win it from the ground up, by taking control of the party at the local level.

125 | June 29, 2012 12:23 pm

Rightwing Rebel wrote:

@ waldensianspirit:

They can now Tax you top but electric cars.

And they could have the day before yesterday, as well.

126 | June 29, 2012 12:24 pm

White House Spokesman Insists: Obamacare Mandate Not A Tax, It’s A “Penalty”…

They take Roberts for a putz and run with it! Must have woke with the giggles with how easy it is

127 | June 29, 2012 12:24 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

I stopped listening to him about 15 years ago.

128. 128 | June 29, 2012 12:24 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

It wasn’t a Constitutional tax … until yesterday

Taxes are inherently Constitutional as long as they’re levied by Congress. That they did not call it a tax is immaterial, that’s between Congress and the People and, thus, it’s a political question and not a Constitutional one.

129 | June 29, 2012 12:25 pm

why? i am not allowed to have a disagreement with the maharushie?

Oh you may. It just wouldn’t be enjoyable listening to him :-)

131 | June 29, 2012 12:26 pm

I only listen to snips every now and then to hear what his camp is thinking

132. 132 | June 29, 2012 12:28 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

Does that mean I won’t get my “Conservative” parking ticket validated?

133 | June 29, 2012 12:28 pm

Obama is adopting Romney’s talking points from RomneyCare. Part of a strategy

134 | June 29, 2012 12:30 pm

The ball is now in the Republicans’ court. They’ve already scheduled a repeal vote on July 11. Once before the Democrat-controlled Senate was able to scotch the effort by threat of filibuster. Had the mandate stood as mandate they could do so again. But now that it’s a tax, it can be passed by a simple majority. And if it is, the president will be forced before the election to veto a repeal of a law a majority of the voters keep indicating they want repealed.

Every Democrat running in November will be forced to defend what amounts to the biggest tax increase-about $400 billion dollars-in American history, a tax largely levied against the young and the middle class who don’t normally carry health insurance.

Professor Ann Althouse sets out the state of play for Obama and his party:

I have said repeatedly that Obama would be worse off if Obamacare were upheld, but what I’m really seeing is how bad it is for him with the mandate declared a tax.

Remember the Democrats got the statute passed by insisting it was not a tax. Now, we learn it is only constitutional because it is a tax. That’s got to hurt politically.

ADDED: Romney has at least 3 big arguments:

1. Obama imposed a huge new tax on working people.

2. Obama deceived the American people by saying it was not a tax, when it was.

3. The law made it look like money would go to insurance companies -- in the form of new premiums -- that would keep premiums low as the companies were required to take on people with pre-existing conditions, but now we find out that the money is really going to go to the federal government. [ADDED: So get ready for your premiums to spiral up and/or for insurance companies to be ruined.]

135 | June 29, 2012 12:30 pm

Yes. Because a B-52 would get the job done at a lower cost… :twisted:

136 | June 29, 2012 12:30 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Does that mean I won’t get my “Conservative” parking ticket validated?

Revenue is revenue. :mrgreen:

137 | June 29, 2012 12:35 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

Yes. Because a B-52 would get the job done at a lower cost…

I’m pretty sure it’s not cheap to keep a 50 year old plane flying.

138. 138 | June 29, 2012 12:36 pm

Yup, I agree with that article.

139. 139 | June 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Yeah its costs in repairs and maintenance. I am shocked those birds are still flying.

140 | June 29, 2012 12:38 pm

And the Repubs look down, “What do we do with these fuzzy things?”

141. 141 | June 29, 2012 12:39 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

We need to put the pressure.

142 | June 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Just having some fun here. :wink:

143. 143 | June 29, 2012 12:41 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

I know what’s better than a B-52! Drop Charles Johnson on Tahir square!

144 | June 29, 2012 12:41 pm

Boeing builds a damn tough airplane. :grin:

145 | June 29, 2012 12:43 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

I know what’s better than a B-52! Drop Charles Johnson on Tahir square!

Ouch!! That would be a crime against humanity… :evil:

146 | June 29, 2012 12:44 pm

I know someone who worked on maintaining the F-117s at Holloman before they were retired.

He said that they actually machined most of their own repair parts onsite, because it was easier and cheaper than having parts made for such a small number of planes.

I’m sure the B-52 (and the B-2) are the same.

147 | June 29, 2012 12:45 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

I wonder what percentage of the original parts are even left in them?

148. 148 | June 29, 2012 12:45 pm

Yup, I agree with that article.

Had the mandate stood as mandate they could do so again.

Why didn’t the mandate stand as a mandate… Because the Roberts Court kneecapped Wickard v. Filburn, they placed a limitation on the Commerce Clause. They said in plan straight forward language that the government can never require a citizen to purchase a product or service.

Yes, they affirmed already well established Constitutional precedent, that Congress has the Constitutional authority to levee taxes. Congress has had that authority since 1789. So the Roberts Court didn’t give the Obama Administration anything that they didn’t already have.

Basically, hard as it is for some to grasp, Justice Roberts out maneuvered the Obama Administration. Now it is up to the America People to take the weapon the Roberts Court gave them and use it to bludgeon Obama and the Affordable Care Act to death with it.

149. 149 | June 29, 2012 12:48 pm

OK, I have to go out and drink some beer work on a race car, ya’ll keep fighting over this… :twisted:

150 | June 29, 2012 12:50 pm

I have to get up for work in a few hours, so I’m out, too.

151. SciFiGuy
    151 | June 29, 2012 12:50 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

I know what’s better than a B-52! Drop Charles Johnson on Tahir square!

There would be a permanent yellow and orange stain on the ground. Happens when you spill Mountain Dew and Cheetos!!

152 | June 29, 2012 12:51 pm

doriangrey wrote:

:shock:

153. 153 | June 29, 2012 12:52 pm

I agree 100%. ObamaCare is, and always was, a tax and thus, Constitutional and inherently political.

154 | June 29, 2012 12:53 pm

Rep. Cantor: Only way to stop ObamaCare is to win back White House

Where did the reconciliation go?

155. 155 | June 29, 2012 12:53 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

White House Spokesman Insists: Obamacare Mandate Not A Tax, It’s A “Penalty”…

If it Quacks, It’s a Tax!

156 | June 29, 2012 12:54 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

I wonder what percentage of the original parts are even left in them?

Not many I’ll bet. Last upgrade I read about for the B-52 was a new set of four engines to replace the old setup of eight engines they have been using since day one. the new engines are suppose to be easier to maintain and more fuel efficient. It’s a lot of work but still cheaper then a new bomber.

157. 157 | June 29, 2012 12:54 pm

@ SciFiGuy:

And don’t forget the brown. selrahC does have to shit those Cheetos out, ya know! 8)

158. 158 | June 29, 2012 12:55 pm

way late to the party as usual but i’m not about to let this BS slither past

you can’t be serious. there are epileptics all around you. most of them you are completely unaware of their issue. are you saying their cognition is affected by epilepsy meds??? are you? i call BS.

i can’t believe you said this crap. you and Mike Savage are full of crap! and coldwarrior is right -- Mike Savage is an idiot with no credibility. i have listened to his show which consists of “ME! ME! ME! LOOK AT ME! I’M FANTASTIC! I’M SMARTER THAN YOU! I’M RICH! I’M A SUCCESS! I’M BETTER THAN EVERYBODY” that’s it. useless BS just like this stupid, extremely offensive post. this is unfreaking believable.

yeah, i’m disgusted.

159. 159 | June 29, 2012 12:59 pm

@ Kirly:

I’ve listened to Michael Savage off and on for a few years. He’s really starting to lose it….

160. 160 | June 29, 2012 1:00 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

Rep. Cantor: Only way to stop ObamaCare is to win back White House
    Where did the reconciliation go?

It went to July 11th 2012. What Eric Cantor is talking about is preventing Obama and the Marxist democrats of repackaging this over and over and over until they finally get it through. They are going to kill Obamacare on July 11th, but Obama can veto their bill, and the whole fight will start all over again. That’s why Cantor is saying we have to get Obama out of office to end this Obamacare BS.

161. 161 | June 29, 2012 1:01 pm

Macker wrote:

@ SciFiGuy:

I don’t know about that, have ya seen how fat he’s gotten? Chunkels the Clown is without a doubt full of Shiite… :twisted:

162. 162 | June 29, 2012 1:09 pm

@ Kirly:

Note this part from the actual post:

Roberts epilepsy is something that should have been taken into consideration when he was nominated to the Supreme Court. John Roberts doesn’t have a stable mind.

I tried to make that point, above, yet it was not addressed. As an epileptic, I’m a bit distressed that this shit not been deleted and an apology offered in its stead. Then again, we epileptics have unstable minds, I suppose.

The over-the-top bombast from friggin’ Admins on this site is really unacceptable and reflects poorly on everyone. Opinions are one thing, indiscriminate bullshit flinging is quite another.

163 | June 29, 2012 1:16 pm

@ MacDuff:

did i not clearly voice my objection?

i thought i did.

was i not very clear? dont lump me into this.

164. 164 | June 29, 2012 1:17 pm

I’m taking a time-out. I’ll return when the epilepsy bullshit in this post is deleted and replaced with a general apology to epileptics.

165. 165 | June 29, 2012 1:18 pm

@ MacDuff:

did i not clearly voice my objection?

i thought i did.

was i not very clear? dont lump me into this.

Absolutely I did not lump you in! The responsibility is with the poster…alone.

166. 166 | June 29, 2012 1:26 pm

@ Kirly:

Check the Update. I don’t know much about Epilepsy and the people here said Savage was full of crap. So my apologies

That said I stand by the rest of my post.

167. 167 | June 29, 2012 1:27 pm

@ MacDuff:

I tried to make that point, above, yet it was not addressed.

I didn’t see that since we were discussing the case. If I had seen it, I would have did the update earlier.

But I stand by the rest of my post,m which even if you disagree with is like you said opinion.

168. 168 | June 29, 2012 1:28 pm

@ Kirly:

Check the Update. I don’t much about Epilepsy and the people here said Savage was full of crap. SO my apologies

That said I stand by the rest of my post.

Thank you, apology accepted.

169. 169 | June 29, 2012 1:30 pm

Fair enough.

170. 170 | June 29, 2012 1:35 pm

@ MacDuff:

I really didn’t see the complaints and never would have posted it if I had known the facts.

171. 171 | June 29, 2012 1:43 pm

I believe that. You may be a bit of a hand grenade at times :) , but I’ve never considered you cruel. We’re good. BTW, you should look into people in history who’ve suffered from epilepsy, it’s illuminating.

Have a pleasant afternoon!

172. 172 | June 29, 2012 1:49 pm

@ MacDuff:

Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great and Napoleon.

173. 4_Sticks
    173 | June 30, 2012 2:57 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    @ MacDuff:

Savage started off the show asking, as many were, how Roberts could have ruled as he did ? He mentioned the NYT’s article (below link) -- also adding that he thought this article/author was despicable for its intent (to block appoint. or use to remove him later):

But then he asked the question of anticonvulsants meds. -- could they cause cognitive ability/memory issues ?
    He told a story about having had lunch earlier in the day with a prominent Neurologist who had assured him these meds could have such effects.
    There was a time when people believed that epilepsy was a form of insanity. Savage did not go there, he was very clear saying that he was sympathetic to anyone/Roberts having to deal with the condition and that a person having epilepsy was not a reason to put them down. He did however eventually say he was sure that the meds. had effected Roberts reasoning as he could think of no other explanation other than Roberts being intimidated or black mailed by O or the meds.
    I’m NOT defending the Savage show here … IMHO, hes a know it all, loud mouthed, blow hard. I just want to re assure those here with epilepsy that you don’t have a talk show host reviving that old myth about epilepsy and he was not slamming people who have epilepsy -- quite the opposite really. I listened very carefully to what he said having spent the 1st decade of a 3 decade career, in part, educating people about the truth/myths of epilepsy. I understand why those here who have the Dx are concerned, upset etc. but the truth of the matter is that it is a valid question.
    Now for him to say that he KNOWS that the meds affected Roberts decision is another matter.
    I used to listen to him for his stories about growing up in NYC having lived in the are myself as a kid and around the same time as he. As for the rest … I remember hucksters and 3 card monte dealers too :-)

174. randian
    174 | June 30, 2012 7:48 pm

It wasn’t the Republicans who shoved Mitt down our throats. It was the mainstream media, who did everything they could to sabotage every Republican candidate other than Romney.