First time visitor? Learn more.

Life Outside Of The Vacuum

by Flyovercountry ( 141 Comments › )
Filed under Barack Obama, Elections 2012, Progressives at October 23rd, 2012 - 3:00 pm

Political Cartoons by Henry Payne

When you boil down the Obama message for a second term agenda, which is awfully thin gruel after all, it really is nothing more than, “this is the best living standard Americans should feel entitled to, and we should all just be thankful that the government allows us to have what they have allowed over the last four years. It is our fault for having the temerity to set the bar as high as we do. We have all gotten too soft by the spoiling effects of the wealth created by a free market economy, and we have no right to take so much from others around the globe who are so poor, only as a result of our opulence.”

I had coffee this morning with a business associate and friend. As we wrapped things up, our conversation ventured onto the topic of Presidential Politics. He seemed truly puzzled with my insistence that Mitt Romney will win on November 6th. I was truly puzzled with his insistence that the race is indeed over, and that Barack Obama will be taking the oath of office once again come January 20th. Clearly, one of us is missing something that the other sees. The question is, who lives in the bubble, and who is participating in reality.

The problem as I see it, as was driven home to me by this article on HotAir.com, is that much of what Americans in general are paying attention to, is considered completely without perspective. Many times when I write my musings, I will add the phrase, consider these facts against a particular backdrop. This is not bad advice, for any endeavor in which critical thinking should be involved. The problem for Barack Obama is not that two dozen embassies were sacked in September of this year. The problem for Barack Obama is that two dozen embassies were sacked in September of this year due exclusively to his foreign policy directives. The problem for Barack Obama is not that the labor force participation is at its lowest rate since 1932. The problem is that the labor force participation is at its lowest rate since 1932 due exclusively to his disastrous domestic agenda. The problem for Barack Obama is not that he has had trouble getting his message out to a public that largely saw him as some sort of messianic figure. The problem for Barack Obama is that the aforementioned public understands the implications of his messaging, having been inflicted with it for the past four years.

Part of the problem with the liberal take on economics is that we do not in fact live in that vaunted vacuum with which they surround themselves. Adam Smith’s invisible hand has been tried before George W. Bush became President, and it has had near miraculous results. Those results span several centuries, and really have been the only economic system that has seen the lot of the ordinary person improve to the point where those hated class divisions have not only blurred, but almost disappeared. The ideals of Socialism have been tried by several societies during its little over 100 years of existence, and have not succeeded anywhere. In every instance, the divisions between classes have grown more stark, and have become impossible to cross. Americans, in as much as they usually wish to participate in their lives pretty much keeping to themselves, and are not usually motivated to engage in politics, are also able to recognize that their living standards have gotten decidedly worse during the last four years. They are not all that thrilled when the people in charge of America’s business are going around telling everyone to just accept that loss of living standard as the new normal. For those of us who live outside of the vacuum, remembering back to our living standards during the days of Reagan is not such a tall task, or a yesteryear so long ago that it escapes the conscious memory.

During the 2008 campaign, Barack Obama let slip the following quote, “Americans can not drive the cars they want, heat their homes to the temperatures they want, eat what they want, and just expect the rest of the wold to allow them to do that, that’s not leadership.” That quote did not receive wide distribution in 2008, and so Barack Obama did not pay the electoral price for it. Barack Obama’s problem in 2012 is that while he was smart enough to not say that this time, his policies have said it loud and clear, and American’s living in that reality, outside of the leftist vacuum, have received the message irrespective of the main stream media’s refusal to cover it.

While life in the vacuum can be comfortable for those who choose to exist there, it has its dangers. One of those dangers is that the people living there tend to believe in things which have no basis in reality. So, when Barack Obama tells himself that Mitt Romney is evil incarnate and not capable of relating to people who do not eat with golden utensils, he has no idea that when Americans get to know Mitt Romney, they’ll see something else entirely. When he tells himself that our private sector economy is coming along just swimmingly, and that people are O.K. with the idea that they should just give up vacations to the beach for ever, so as to not steal resources from the rest of the world, he has no idea that this is in fact not what Americans want.

It has been a long and painful four years, and quite frankly, Americans have never tolerated this level of incompetence all that well. Looking into my crystal ball this morning, I had the race so far at 257 to 201 in favor of Mitt Romney, with New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Nevada remaining as toss ups. With Romney needing only 13 of those elusive electoral votes out of what’s left, I feel much better. Outside of the vacuum, Americans in general have had enough of Barack Obama and his class warfare snake oil shtick. I wish him great success on the lecture circuit, building houses for photo ops.

Cross Posted from Musings of a Mad Conservative.

Tags:

Comments

Comments and respectful debate are both welcome and encouraged.

Comments are the sole opinion of the comment writer, just as each thread posted is the sole opinion or post idea of the administrator that posted it or of the readers that have written guest posts for the Blogmocracy.

Obscene, abusive, or annoying remarks may be deleted or moved to spam for admin review, but the fact that particular comments remain on the site in no way constitutes an endorsement of their content by any other commenter or the admins of this Blogmocracy.

We're not easily offended and don't want people to think they have to walk on eggshells around here (like at another place that shall remain nameless) but of course, there is a limit to everything.

Play nice!

141 Responses to “Life Outside Of The Vacuum”
( jump to bottom )

  1. Mars
    1 | October 23, 2012 12:20 am

    Imagine Walter Williams as President. His intelligence and wit blow me away every time I listen to him.


  2. 2 | October 23, 2012 3:10 pm

    @ Mars:

    He’s always been one of my favorite Rush replacement hosts, and he always manages to line up Thomas Sowell as a guest.


  3. eaglesoars
    3 | October 23, 2012 3:47 pm

    Don’t bother reading that 2nd trm agenda crap. Anything in there is meaningless.

    It’s what is NOT in there that we should worry about.

    - deliberately causing skyrocketing energy prices

    - redistributing suburban tax revenues to the cities

    - destruction of the dollar

    that’s just for starters


  4. Lily
    4 | October 23, 2012 3:53 pm

    Mars wrote:

    Imagine Walter Williams as President. His intelligence and wit blow me away every time I listen to him.

    It makes you wonder why obama who knows nothing about economic’s, why didn’t he surround himself with someone who actually does like Williams? Walter Williams is a stark contrast to what obama is doing. Not to mention last night when obama was pointing out to Romney that the math doesn’t add up to the Romney budget proposal!!!! I’m mean really here is a president who hasn’t passed a budget in three years because Congress will not give him everything he wants he refuses to pass a budget! In obama’s mind it’s his way or the highway! Speaking of the math not adding up it was apparently clear obama cannot add up 1+1…and he wants another four years. Yeah right. He needs to be fired and also charged with treason…of course the latter will never happen and I can only pray the first will happen that he is fired and sent packing.


  5. lobo91
    5 | October 23, 2012 3:57 pm

    @ Lily:

    It makes you wonder why obama who knows nothing about economic’s, why didn’t he surround himself with someone who actually does like Williams?

    Because Williams is a capitalist.


  6. RIX
    6 | October 23, 2012 3:58 pm

    @ Lily:
    I love how BHO alaways accuses Romney of old thinking.
    “Romney is stuck in the Cold War, blah, blah , blah.”
    Does it occur to him that his redistributive philosophy and
    silly utopian ideas go back to Karl Marx?
    That’s thinking old.


  7. Lily
    7 | October 23, 2012 4:02 pm

    @ eaglesoars:

    - deliberately causing skyrocketing energy prices

    This alone should make obama a one term president. Not okaying the Canadian pipeline? Really? Obama went way out of his way twisting arms to stop this. Then shutting down all these coal plants which is coming up and the mining of coal without a viable replacement???? Really? Are people that stupid? Obama is in contempt of Court here in Louisiana for not allowing leases for drilling in the Gulf. We have plenty of resources here in the United States if we would only take advantage of them. We have come a long way in getting these resources without damaging the enivorment. Yet obama again cuts in half the ability to extract oil in Alaska too. What obama is doing is sheer madness concerning our ability to have low prices for gas and electricity. Not only is he taking away jobs from the plants and mines that will be closing he is taking away new jobs that would be created if he would allow the Canadian pipeline..there is no reason or rhyme to this other than to hurt our country.


  8. coldwarrior
    8 | October 23, 2012 4:04 pm

    Lily wrote:

    Then shutting down all these coal plants

    KANAWHA COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) — The struggling coal industry is hit with a double punch in southern West Virginia.

    Norfolk Southern Railroad has announced the layoffs of 200 engineers and conductors who run coal routes in the company’s Pocahontas Division that includes southern West Virginia and southwestern Virginia.

    Norfolk Southern says it’s moving less and less coal in that area and doesn’t need as many trains.

    The workers have been offered other jobs in seven other regions, but most of those are in Midwestern states.

    A Norfolk Southern spokesperson says that would require “permanent relocation.”

    It also appears Beckley-based Mechel Mining is closing down at least five mining operations in southern West Virginia.

    Various reports indicate a surface mine in Wyoming County is impacted and a few underground mines in McDowell County.

    The company says it will have a news release shortly about the idled operations.

    a lot of that coal moves in the rail yard that i can see from my deck. been real quiet there for a good 3 years now. no overtime, no new hires.


  9. Lily
    9 | October 23, 2012 4:05 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    @ Lily:

    It makes you wonder why obama who knows nothing about economic’s, why didn’t he surround himself with someone who actually does like Williams?

    Because Williams is a capitalist.

    Not only that could you imagine someone like Williams schooling obama about his reckless ways concerning the economy?? Obama cannot have anyone smart around him…obama has to be the smartest person in the room. Which in my opinion is setting the bar very, very low. So you can imagine all the idiots who surround obama giving him idiotic advice.


  10. Guggi
    10 | October 23, 2012 4:08 pm

    @ Lily:

    It’s about “saving resources for future generations”. This is the song of songs of environmentalists because they can only think linear.


  11. Lily
    11 | October 23, 2012 4:09 pm

    RIX wrote:

    @ Lily:
    I love how BHO alaways accuses Romney of old thinking.
    “Romney is stuck in the Cold War, blah, blah , blah.”
    Does it occur to him that his redistributive philosophy and
    silly utopian ideas go back to Karl Marx?
    That’s thinking old.

    Where in the hell did obama get this “Romney is stuck in the Cold War mentalitiy”? I imagine he pulled it out of thin air. Romney has never said at least I have never heard him say Russia is our biggest enemy. Romney also knows Russia would stab us in the back the first chance it gets..which is why Putin wants another obama term. Really when all the bad guys are pulling for obama to be re-elected you have to wonder why? Yet there are numb-nuts who refuse to see this.


  12. coldwarrior
    12 | October 23, 2012 4:10 pm

    good bye

    Ben Bernanke, the chairman of the US Federal Reserve, has reportedly told close friends he will probably not stand for a third term at the central bank even if President Barack Obama wins a second term in office.


  13. heysoos
    13 | October 23, 2012 4:10 pm

    we need to slam the coal question with some good science…burn it clean and a third of our needs are relevant again…coal is filthy, so fix it


  14. Lily
    14 | October 23, 2012 4:12 pm

    @ RIX:

    Obama in my opinion is stuck in the 1960′s mentality…War on Women, really? Class warfare…racial warfare….energy warfare. Who in their right actually believes there is a War on Women in this country?
    Only pure leftists. Obama’s talking points come straight for the hippy-dippy thinking in the 1960′s.


  15. 15 | October 23, 2012 4:13 pm

    @ coldwarrior:

    Too bad the damage is mostly done. May he reap some fitting reward for his service.


  16. Lily
    16 | October 23, 2012 4:18 pm

    @ coldwarrior:

    This is causing a ripple effect…and it will cause an even bigger ripple effect toward electricity bills. Obama doesn’t care about the average working person or the poor people because this is going to hurt the middle class and the poor very hard and make ghost towns where these workers once worked at the plants, the coal mines and the train stations..not to mention all the towns and cities that depend on the revenue from this workers and businesses that cater to these plants, coal mines and train stations.


  17. lobo91
    17 | October 23, 2012 4:21 pm

    @ Lily:

    That’s why we have food stamps.
    //


  18. Lily
    18 | October 23, 2012 4:21 pm

    Guggi wrote:

    @ Lily:

    It’s about “saving resources for future generations”. This is the song of songs of environmentalists because they can only think linear.

    According to my husband who works in the petro/chemical sector we have plenty of resources here that would last 100′s of years. If only we would tap into them. But windmills and solar panels cannot produce the energy needed as a replacement.


  19. heysoos
    19 | October 23, 2012 4:22 pm

    the War on Women meme originated with the defiant right who chose to disallow abortion in cases of incest or rape, make abortion public and generally shut down Planned Parenthood no matter their record…politically and morally stupid


  20. Lily
    20 | October 23, 2012 4:26 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    @ Lily:

    That’s why we have food stamps.
    //

    And who funds the food stamps our tax dollars. So if you are going create a non-working society who will fund the food stamps then?
    No one likes being on food stamps..people actually want to work, although there are your perpetual leeches..the people who actually want to have a job out number the leeches and to be fair not all people who are on food stamps are leeches the federal government actually makes it hard on someone to drag themselves out of this poverty instead of helping them get back on their feet.


  21. heysoos
    21 | October 23, 2012 4:28 pm

    that said, the left’s ideal of free abortion, paid for by taxpayers is equally disturbing…if pregnancy is a universal health issue, then I’m the king of siam


  22. buzzsawmonkey
    22 | October 23, 2012 4:30 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    the War on Women meme originated with the defiant right who chose to disallow abortion in cases of incest or rape, make abortion public and generally shut down Planned Parenthood no matter their record…politically and morally stupid

    Planned Parenthood has only been on the government teat for about half of its life. If it provides a need, there is no reason why it cannot operate privately once again. If it doesn’t provide a need, there is no reason why it needs to operate at all.

    I don’t know what you mean by “making abortion public.”

    Abortion is “disallowed” nowhere in cases of rape or incest. There are valid arguments for permitting abortion in such cases, and there are valid arguments for not doing so.

    There are also valid arguments for saying that while abortion may be a necessary evil, its exaltation into a secular sacrament, which the Left has done, is a part of the oversexualization of society which cheapens human relationships, and that it is also part of a culture of death which is as evil in its own way as the Muslim culture of death which produces children in vast quantities for use as suicide cannon fodder.


  23. Lily
    23 | October 23, 2012 4:30 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    the War on Women meme originated with the defiant right who chose to disallow abortion in cases of incest or rape, make abortion public and generally shut down Planned Parenthood no matter their record…politically and morally stupid

    Really???? And excatly how many cases are there of rape and incest? Abortion is being used 99% for birth control. The genie is out of the bottle and abortion is not going to be taken away. So whatever fear you may have concerning this is wrong. Of all the women I have known who had abortions it wasn’t because of incest or rape..it was because they didn’t use birth control and used abortion for birth control. Do you know how this effects a woman also concerning having an abortion? They never forget it and weighed heavily by guilt.


  24. RIX
    24 | October 23, 2012 4:31 pm

    @ Lily:
    Romney referred to Russia as a “Geo-political advesary” or words to that effect.
    He identified Iran as our biggest threat.
    Obama simply lied. I am sure that Candy Crowley would have
    corrected him./


  25. Lily
    25 | October 23, 2012 4:34 pm

    RIX wrote:

    @ Lily:
    Romney referred to Russia as a “Geo-political advesary” or words to that effect.
    He identified Iran as our biggest threat.
    Obama simply lied. I am sure that Candy Crowley would have
    corrected him./

    Excatly. Iran is a huge threat if it goes nuclear and Romney was correct in saying last night that in obama’s four years in office he basically gave Iran four more years to become nuclear.


  26. lobo91
    26 | October 23, 2012 4:37 pm

    @ Lily:

    Excatly. Iran is a huge threat if it goes nuclear and Romney was correct in saying last night that in obama’s four years in office he basically gave Iran four more years to become nuclear.

    And who’s backing Iran’s nuclear program?

    Russia.


  27. Lily
    27 | October 23, 2012 4:39 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    @ Lily:

    Excatly. Iran is a huge threat if it goes nuclear and Romney was correct in saying last night that in obama’s four years in office he basically gave Iran four more years to become nuclear.

    And who’s backing Iran’s nuclear program?

    Russia.

    Bingo and if obama is re-elected he will give Putin more freedom. His own words. Insanity at best.
    I also liked it when Romney said, “He would not give Russia more freedom to do what they want but more backbone.”


  28. heysoos
    28 | October 23, 2012 4:39 pm

    @ buzzsawmonkey:
    and the loudest voices have the most shock effect, hence the most authority…I hope you are right…it is the utmost private matter and the right needs to temper their message accordingly…rightwing fanatics that want to publish abortion stats, burn clinics and kill doctors is not a message of tolerance


  29. yenta-fada
    29 | October 23, 2012 4:39 pm

    Putin gaining global power through energy production.

    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-18/rosneft-to-replace-gazprom-as-putin-energy-driver-after-tnk-deal.html


  30. RIX
    30 | October 23, 2012 4:40 pm

    @ Lily:

    Excatly. Iran is a huge threat if it goes nuclear and Romney was correct in saying last night that in obama’s four years in office he basically gave Iran four more years to become nuclear.

    When the young people were in the street in Tehran begging for US
    support, Obama was MIA.
    That was tacit support for the mullahs.
    It seems like Obama supports revolution against secular dictators in
    the Muslim world. But he can’t bring himself to oppose the guys
    who support the Sharia.


  31. lobo91
    31 | October 23, 2012 4:40 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    the War on Women meme originated with the defiant right who chose to disallow abortion in cases of incest or rape, make abortion public and generally shut down Planned Parenthood no matter their record…politically and morally stupid

    Who’s said anything about shutting down Planned Parenthood?

    All I’ve heard is that they shouldn’t receive subsidies from the taxpayers, which they shouldn’t. They’re supposedly a non-profit organization. Let them get their funding from contributions and fees.

    The majority of the outcry in their defense is absolute lies, by the way. There isn’t a Planned Parenthood clinic anywhere in America that provides cancer screenings or mammograms. Call them and ask.


  32. heysoos
    32 | October 23, 2012 4:40 pm

    @ Lily:
    yes, I surmised this


  33. heysoos
    33 | October 23, 2012 4:43 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    heysoos wrote:

    the War on Women meme originated with the defiant right who chose to disallow abortion in cases of incest or rape, make abortion public and generally shut down Planned Parenthood no matter their record…politically and morally stupid

    Who’s said anything about shutting down Planned Parenthood?
    All I’ve heard is that they shouldn’t receive subsidies from the taxpayers, which they shouldn’t. They’re supposedly a non-profit organization. Let them get their funding from contributions and fees.
    The majority of the outcry in their defense is absolute lies, by the way. There isn’t a Planned Parenthood clinic anywhere in America that provides cancer screenings or mammograms. Call them and ask.

    maybe I was not clear…the fed subsidies must end, period…someone elses pregnancy is not my problem…there are viable, simple alternatives


  34. lobo91
    34 | October 23, 2012 4:45 pm

    @ heysoos:

    rightwing fanatics that want to publish abortion stats, burn clinics and kill doctors is not a message of tolerance

    The number of people who support burning clinics or killing doctors is so small that they could probably all fit in your living room. Those people are irrelevant to any policy discussion. They’re basically terrorists.

    I’m not sure what that has to do with “publishing abortion stats,” though.


  35. buzzsawmonkey
    35 | October 23, 2012 4:45 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    rightwing fanatics that want to publish abortion stats, burn clinics and kill doctors is not a message of tolerance

    “Rightwing fanatics who want to burn clinics and kill doctors” are arrested, tried and convicted when they do these things, as any other criminals would be. And the convictions are usually supported even by people who would prefer that abortion be banned outright. So that is a nonsense strawman argument.

    I don’t know what you’re referring to regarding “publishing abortion stats.” Publishing statistics is perfectly legitimate. Publishing names of people is not—it is a gross violation of privacy—but I am not aware of any instance where that has even been proposed, let alone has actually occurred.


  36. waldensianspirit
    36 | October 23, 2012 4:46 pm

    Lily wrote:

    Abortion is being used 99% for birth control.

    Where coupled with ultrasound technology, if it doesn’t sport a dangle, let it strangle


  37. heysoos
    37 | October 23, 2012 4:47 pm

    @ lobo91:
    ‘basically terrorists’, therefore they make the news and influence public opinion


  38. Lily
    38 | October 23, 2012 4:48 pm

    @ heysoos:

    Oh good grief! Abortion clinic’s are being burned around the country and doctors who work there are being killed in high numbers…you take a few instances that have been roundly denouced by everyone and make it sound these people who acted on their own were being supported by right wing people. This is an absurd notion.
    Where is your outrage for some clinic’s that are sorely dirty, do late term abortions and basically are risking the life of the women who go there??? There is where your outrage should be. No one supports are even thinks it is okay for the few indivials who have committed criminal acts against the abortion clinic’s. This is a non-issue subject. No one is taking away the ability for a woman to kill their baby. Say excatly what it is …don’t couch it behind words…this is the killing of babies. But no one supports killing the doctors or burning down the clinics.


  39. buzzsawmonkey
    39 | October 23, 2012 4:49 pm

    I would be willing to bet that the number of incidents, and the death toll, in the last ten years from Muslims under the influence of Sudden Jihad Syndrome is far greater than the number of incidents, and the death toll, from “rightwing anti-abortion fanatics.”

    And I would further be willing to bet that the conviction rate for “rightwing anti-abortion fanatics” is far greater than the conviction rate for jihadi Muslims.


  40. lobo91
    40 | October 23, 2012 4:50 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    @ lobo91:
    ‘basically terrorists’, therefore they make the news and influence public opinion

    When was the last time you read about an abortion clinic being burned or a doctor killed?

    I can recall one shooting in the past decade, and I can’t even remember the last case of a clinic being bombed or burned. It was probably during the Clinton administration.


  41. Lily
    41 | October 23, 2012 4:50 pm

    RIX wrote:

    @ Lily:

    Excatly. Iran is a huge threat if it goes nuclear and Romney was correct in saying last night that in obama’s four years in office he basically gave Iran four more years to become nuclear.

    When the young people were in the street in Tehran begging for US
    support, Obama was MIA.
    That was tacit support for the mullahs.
    It seems like Obama supports revolution against secular dictators in
    the Muslim world. But he can’t bring himself to oppose the guys
    who support the Sharia.

    He can’t even call terrorism ….terrorism. Only *bumps in the road*.


  42. buzzsawmonkey
    42 | October 23, 2012 4:55 pm

    Lily wrote:

    He can’t even call terrorism ….terrorism.

    You know what’s “terrorism?” Threatening to confront Obama with the actual facts of his record and his economic policies.


  43. Lily
    43 | October 23, 2012 4:55 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    @ lobo91:
    ‘basically terrorists’, therefore they make the news and influence public opinion

    They are acting on their own…so if someone shoots up a theater it is making public opinion? Against guns…these are crazy people who do this and are arrested, tried and convicted.


  44. Lily
    44 | October 23, 2012 4:56 pm

    buzzsawmonkey wrote:

    I would be willing to bet that the number of incidents, and the death toll, in the last ten years from Muslims under the influence of Sudden Jihad Syndrome is far greater than the number of incidents, and the death toll, from “rightwing anti-abortion fanatics.”

    And I would further be willing to bet that the conviction rate for “rightwing anti-abortion fanatics” is far greater than the conviction rate for jihadi Muslims.

    And you would win that bet by a large margin.


  45. lobo91
    45 | October 23, 2012 4:57 pm

    Lily wrote:

    heysoos wrote:

    @ lobo91:
    ‘basically terrorists’, therefore they make the news and influence public opinion

    They are acting on their own…so if someone shoots up a theater it is making public opinion? Against guns…these are crazy people who do this and are arrested, tried and convicted.

    And if those people have any effect at all on public opinion, it’s probably to stiffen the resolve of the pro-abortion crowd. It’s counter-productive, but they’re too stupid to realize it.


  46. buzzsawmonkey
    46 | October 23, 2012 4:57 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    ‘basically terrorists’, therefore they make the news and influence public opinion

    You can read here, at RealClearPolitics, at PJ Media, at Weaselzippers, at Breitbart, at C2, and at any number of other places how thoroughly and how regularly the mainstream media “make the news” and lie to push their own agenda. You have seen it in the course of the current campaign.

    And yet you are still willing to admit that you are influenced by these now-shopworn tricks?


  47. heysoos
    47 | October 23, 2012 4:58 pm

    burning and killing is extreme and I didn’t intend to make it sound like the norm…it was supposed to be an illustration as to how far this issue separates us…what I am trying, and failing to say, is that left wing acceptance of abortion as an everyday birth control is no less reactionary than right wing refusal of any abortion, period…people pay attention to this stuff and I think there is middle ground between the two exclusives


  48. Lily
    48 | October 23, 2012 4:58 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    heysoos wrote:

    @ lobo91:
    ‘basically terrorists’, therefore they make the news and influence public opinion

    When was the last time you read about an abortion clinic being burned or a doctor killed?

    I can recall one shooting in the past decade, and I can’t even remember the last case of a clinic being bombed or burned. It was probably during the Clinton administration.

    I can’t remember either…it is very rare and like buzz said they are arrested, tried and convicted.


  49. Lily
    49 | October 23, 2012 4:59 pm

    buzzsawmonkey wrote:

    Lily wrote:

    He can’t even call terrorism ….terrorism.

    You know what’s “terrorism?” Threatening to confront Obama with the actual facts of his record and his economic policies.

    Isn’t that the truth. No one disagree with obama or you are a racist.
    /it’s absurd.


  50. Lily
    50 | October 23, 2012 5:01 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    Lily wrote:

    heysoos wrote:

    @ lobo91:
    ‘basically terrorists’, therefore they make the news and influence public opinion

    They are acting on their own…so if someone shoots up a theater it is making public opinion? Against guns…these are crazy people who do this and are arrested, tried and convicted.

    And if those people have any effect at all on public opinion, it’s probably to stiffen the resolve of the pro-abortion crowd. It’s counter-productive, but they’re too stupid to realize it.

    Not to mention the media goes way overboard on their reporting on it.


  51. Lily
    51 | October 23, 2012 5:03 pm

    @ heysoos:

    Where does the right-wing have a refusal of any abortion???? I haven’t seen it. Abortion should only be done in extreme cases and that is between the mother and the doctor. But you ignore the fact that abortion is mainly being used as birth control. No you are not getting your point across very well.


  52. 52 | October 23, 2012 5:05 pm

    Lily wrote:

    According to my husband who works in the petro/chemical sector we have plenty of resources here that would last 100′s of years. If only we would tap into them. But windmills and solar panels cannot produce the energy needed as a replacement.

    I believe that, in His own way and on His own clock, God provides oil as a renewable resource…something the liberals will never understand.


  53. heysoos
    53 | October 23, 2012 5:08 pm

    @ Lily:
    I do not ignore the argument that abortion is a general means of birth control…in fact that is the basis of my argument against it


  54. buzzsawmonkey
    54 | October 23, 2012 5:09 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    left wing acceptance of abortion as an everyday birth control is no less reactionary than right wing refusal of any abortion, period

    OK: so, on the one side, what do you see around you? You see government-subsidized abortion on demand, with people like Obama in their state Senates trying to legalize late-term abortions up to the moment the child emerges…or even afterwards. You see government action by the feds against states which try to merely remove government funding from abortion mills. You see laws passed to permit children too young to drive to be able to have abortions without parental notification. And despite all of this government funding you still see cases of outright infanticide.

    On the other side, you see people arguing that government funding should be removed, and being pilloried for arguing it. You see a major charity attacked for removing its financial support from a nationwide abortion mill. You see arguments—again, arguments—that the overpromotion of abortion, and the over-reliance on it that is currently promoted, is a social evil.

    And on the basis of the actions of a handful of nutjobs who were caught and convicted, you think that the latter people are “extreme”?


  55. Lily
    55 | October 23, 2012 5:10 pm

    @ heysoos:

    I see that you are acknowledging abortion is being used as birth control..but how is that because of a reactionary cause to these rare events concerning birth control clinics? So I disagree with reactionary reaction…that if someone burns an abortion clinic it will make women more prone to have an abortion…


  56. Lily
    56 | October 23, 2012 5:13 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    @ Lily:
    I do not ignore the argument that abortion is a general means of birth control…in fact that is the basis of my argument against it

    I corrected my mistake…on that. ;)


  57. 57 | October 23, 2012 5:15 pm

    @ Lily:

    See, all the el cubos want to do is simply to copulate for the sake of copulation. Like the animals!


  58. Lily
    58 | October 23, 2012 5:18 pm

    Macker wrote:

    @ Lily:

    See, all the el cubos want to do is simply to copulate for the sake of copulation. Like the animals!

    Yeah increasingly the government is making it okay to use our bodies like an amusement park ride..and if a baby is the result of it then kill it because it will hinder your life. What happened to adoption being an option??? There are many couples out there that can’t have children.


  59. buzzsawmonkey
    59 | October 23, 2012 5:21 pm

    Lily wrote:

    There are many couples out there that can’t have children.

    In some cases—rarely reported on—because an earlier abortion, or an STD, that was the result of sexual romping, has affected their later fertility.


  60. heysoos
    60 | October 23, 2012 5:22 pm

    @ buzzsawmonkey:
    extreme implies the few, loudest, most well funded…and yes, I feel the right wing extremists hurt their own cause…this is what people see and read in the papers…my own views on abortion is not relevant…any and all harm that come to abortionists is a negative price we have to pay…I’m not trying to over emphasize the war against PP as a fault against abortion, but it’s a fault against conservatives regarding the rights of others…I’m not trying to pick a fight, I’m just trying to understand the differences between us and them


  61. 61 | October 23, 2012 5:22 pm

    @ Lily:

    If I weren’t the age I am (about to turn 52), I’d consider adopting. but I don’t have a girlfriend either…and I’ve just filed for divorce from wife #2.


  62. 62 | October 23, 2012 5:24 pm

    I have to wonder how many women, in the course of a year, are “forced” to give birth because they “had no access” to abortion, or because they had “no access” to contraception. Admittedly, I have no idea, but I’d assume it’s negligible.


  63. Lily
    63 | October 23, 2012 5:26 pm

    buzzsawmonkey wrote:

    Lily wrote:

    There are many couples out there that can’t have children.

    In some cases—rarely reported on—because an earlier abortion, or an STD, that was the result of sexual romping, has affected their later fertility.

    You read my mind..on that.


  64. coldwarrior
    64 | October 23, 2012 5:26 pm

    MacDuff wrote:

    I have to wonder how many women, in the course of a year, are “forced” to give birth because they “had no access” to abortion, or because they had “no access” to contraception.

    in america or in the middle east/muzz countries…?


  65. buzzsawmonkey
    65 | October 23, 2012 5:27 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    extreme implies the few, loudest, most well funded…and yes, I feel the right wing extremists hurt their own cause…

    That is because the leftwing extremists—who are far more well-funded and far more loud—scream like stuck pigs when anyone disagrees with them even slightly, and start crying “hate speech! extremism!” when someone dares to counter their well-funded, government-backed extremist leftwing views.

    Haven’t you noticed?


  66. Lily
    66 | October 23, 2012 5:27 pm

    MacDuff wrote:

    I have to wonder how many women, in the course of a year, are “forced” to give birth because they “had no access” to abortion, or because they had “no access” to contraception. Admittedly, I have no idea, but I’d assume it’s negligible.

    Birth conrol is as easy as your nearest Drug store, grocery store or convience store. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist. ;)


  67. Lily
    67 | October 23, 2012 5:29 pm

    Macker wrote:

    @ Lily:

    If I weren’t the age I am (about to turn 52), I’d consider adopting. but I don’t have a girlfriend either…and I’ve just filed for divorce from wife #2.

    No children?


  68. 68 | October 23, 2012 5:31 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    MacDuff wrote:

    I have to wonder how many women, in the course of a year, are “forced” to give birth because they “had no access” to abortion, or because they had “no access” to contraception.

    in america or in the middle east/muzz countries…?

    In America. I just think it’s a massive straw man….or straw woman…..or straw woman with a straw bump….


  69. Buckeye Abroad
    69 | October 23, 2012 5:31 pm

    @Flyover
    I was truly puzzled with his insistence that the race is indeed over, and that Barack Obama will be taking the oath of office once again come January 20th.

    You volunatarily do business with this dolt? Hope he doesn’t control your marketing expenditures.


  70. heysoos
    70 | October 23, 2012 5:32 pm

    @ MacDuff:
    contraception is the key to the entire issue…contraception is easy, where abortion is actually life threatening…my belief is that if abortion was less accessible, then avoidance becomes more viable


  71. RIX
    71 | October 23, 2012 5:32 pm

    @ Lily:

    He can’t even call terrorism ….terrorism. Only *bumps in the road*.

    Obama tortures our language. we have “overseas contingencies” not
    a war on terror.
    we have “Workplace violence” when a jihadi fanatic murders fellow
    soldiers.
    He call taxes “investments”
    My fourth grade nun would have slapped the snot out of him.


  72. buzzsawmonkey
    72 | October 23, 2012 5:32 pm

    Lily wrote:

    Birth conrol is as easy as your nearest Drug store, grocery store or convience store. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist.

    Birth control does fail sometimes. But there is a huge moral difference between using birth control and dealing with its failure, and not using it because you know you can get PP to bat cleanup.


  73. Lost
    73 | October 23, 2012 5:33 pm

    You can’t have this argument without taking into account sex education. Pregnancy is not a surprise side effect. The chance is always there and I believe that kids and adults all know that.

    If so, than abortion is an eraser. Fix the mistake after its been made. Birth control requires you to be prepared, unless you go for the morning after pill.


  74. heysoos
    74 | October 23, 2012 5:34 pm

    @ buzzsawmonkey:
    yes I have…at some point in time you just have to say ‘fuck you’ and roll the dice


  75. 75 | October 23, 2012 5:35 pm

    @ Lily:

    No kids from Marriage #2. I do have a 24-year-old son from Marriage #1, with whom I don’t have a relationship…because Ex#1 made it so.


  76. 76 | October 23, 2012 5:35 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    @ MacDuff:
    contraception is the key to the entire issue…contraception is easy, where abortion is actually life threatening…my belief is that if abortion was less accessible, then avoidance becomes more viable

    You’re right.


  77. coldwarrior
    77 | October 23, 2012 5:35 pm

    MacDuff wrote:

    In America. I just think it’s a massive straw man….or straw woman…..or straw woman with a straw bump….

    straw womb


  78. Lily
    78 | October 23, 2012 5:35 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    @ MacDuff:
    contraception is the key to the entire issue…contraception is easy, where abortion is actually life threatening…my belief is that if abortion was less accessible, then avoidance becomes more viable

    I have noticed with younger women in their 20′s or early 30′s abortion is very frowned upon. This is something that the government or leftists stop. They are disgusted with abortion and if you get pregnant their thinking is it is your responsibility to take care of the baby or have the baby and give it up for adoption.


  79. buzzsawmonkey
    79 | October 23, 2012 5:35 pm

    Lost wrote:

    You can’t have this argument without taking into account sex education.

    “Sex education” is now aimed at ever-younger children with the objective of normalizing homosexual behavior and making sex in general more attractive at earlier and earlier ages. “Sex education” has burgeoned in the last thirty to forty years, and promiscuity, out of wedlock pregnancies, and STD transmission have burgeoned too.


  80. lobo91
    80 | October 23, 2012 5:36 pm

    @ MacDuff:

    I’ve actually heard people suggest that abortion training be made mandatory for all medical students, because there are so many places that don’t have convenient access to abortion clinics.

    Of course, most of those places are in the middle of the country, where there really isn’t that much demand, so it’s not surprising.


  81. Lily
    81 | October 23, 2012 5:36 pm

    @ Lily:

    *Can’t Stop* PIMF…..
    /darn keyboard.


  82. Lost
    82 | October 23, 2012 5:36 pm

    buzzsawmonkey wrote:

    Lost wrote:
    You can’t have this argument without taking into account sex education.
    “Sex education” is now aimed at ever-younger children with the objective of normalizing homosexual behavior and making sex in general more attractive at earlier and earlier ages. “Sex education” has burgeoned in the last thirty to forty years, and promiscuity, out of wedlock pregnancies, and STD transmission have burgeoned too.

    So no surprises that abortion could be burgeoning to.


  83. Lost
    83 | October 23, 2012 5:37 pm

    Forgive my grammatical errors. I don’t know what’s wrong with me today.


  84. Lily
    84 | October 23, 2012 5:38 pm

    @ Macker:

    Very, very sorry to hear that.
    Terrible.


  85. RIX
    85 | October 23, 2012 5:38 pm

    @ MacDuff:

    woman…..or straw woman with a straw bump….

    Hey ,we have to be a nation that assures that Catholic Institutions
    provide contraception to 31 year old law students.
    She was smart enough to get into Georgetown, but not smart enough
    to get her own birth control.
    George Stephanoplis introduced the BS argument into the debate
    for BHO.
    This war on women is childish.


  86. Lily
    86 | October 23, 2012 5:38 pm

    Lost wrote:

    Forgive my grammatical errors. I don’t know what’s wrong with me today.

    I blame it on my keyboard. ;)


  87. lobo91
    87 | October 23, 2012 5:39 pm

    @ RIX:

    He call taxes “investments”

    And suggests that raising them is “asking people to contribute” more.

    “Asking” and “contribute” seem voluntary to me. I don’t really think that’s what he has in mind.


  88. buzzsawmonkey
    88 | October 23, 2012 5:39 pm

    @ Lost:

    “Sex education” is an “investment,” as Barack Obama would say—in full employment for abortion providers, fertility clinics, latex manufacturers, AIDS hospice careworkers, and the pharmaceutical industry.


  89. lobo91
    89 | October 23, 2012 5:40 pm

    @ Lily:

    The only “child” I’m likely to have is staring at me right now, waiting for a french fry.


  90. huckfunn
    90 | October 23, 2012 5:40 pm

    New Romney ad: Apology Tour


  91. Lily
    91 | October 23, 2012 5:42 pm

    RIX wrote:

    @ Lily:

    He can’t even call terrorism ….terrorism. Only *bumps in the road*.

    Obama tortures our language. we have “overseas contingencies” not
    a war on terror.
    we have “Workplace violence” when a jihadi fanatic murders fellow
    soldiers.
    He call taxes “investments”
    My fourth grade nun would have slapped the snot out of him.

    Yep he does torture our language…because he simply can’t tell the actual truth…he has to couch it behind absurd wording.


  92. 92 | October 23, 2012 5:43 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    @ MacDuff:

    I’ve actually heard people suggest that abortion training be made mandatory for all medical students, because there are so many places that don’t have convenient access to abortion clinics.

    Of course, most of those places are in the middle of the country, where there really isn’t that much demand, so it’s not surprising.

    I think abortions have already peaked and will be trending downward in the future. It’s a disgusting, horrific procedure that has been generally considered so throughout its history.


  93. lobo91
    93 | October 23, 2012 5:44 pm

    @ RIX:

    She was smart enough to get into Georgetown, but not smart enough to get her own birth control.

    It’s been suggested that that’s why she chose to attend Georgetown in the first place.

    She’s a professional activist, not a law student.


  94. Lily
    94 | October 23, 2012 5:44 pm

    buzzsawmonkey wrote:

    Lily wrote:

    Birth conrol is as easy as your nearest Drug store, grocery store or convience store. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist.

    Birth control does fail sometimes. But there is a huge moral difference between using birth control and dealing with its failure, and not using it because you know you can get PP to bat cleanup.

    Yes it does fail sometimes. The thing is if you are going to have sex and you do use birth control and still get pregnant you need to understand there is no sure way of preventing a pregnancy unless surgically…one has to responsiblitiy for ones actions.


  95. Lost
    95 | October 23, 2012 5:45 pm

    buzzsawmonkey wrote:

    @ Lost:
    “Sex education” is an “investment,” as Barack Obama would say—in full employment for abortion providers, fertility clinics, latex manufacturers, AIDS hospice careworkers, and the pharmaceutical industry.

    And that gives us a strong economy for the middle class!

    /See how well the re-education is going


  96. lobo91
    96 | October 23, 2012 5:46 pm

    @ Lily:

    one has to responsiblitiy for ones actions.

    I think that’s on the list of “racist” terms now.


  97. Lily
    97 | October 23, 2012 5:47 pm

    RIX wrote:

    @ MacDuff:

    woman…..or straw woman with a straw bump….

    Hey ,we have to be a nation that assures that Catholic Institutions
    provide contraception to 31 year old law students.
    She was smart enough to get into Georgetown, but not smart enough
    to get her own birth control.
    George Stephanoplis introduced the BS argument into the debate
    for BHO.
    This war on women is childish.

    It is indeed childish…there is no war on women.


  98. Lily
    98 | October 23, 2012 5:48 pm

    @ lobo91:

    Leia is wanting a french fry?? ;)


  99. lobo91
    99 | October 23, 2012 5:48 pm

    @ Lily:

    It is indeed childish…there is no war on women.

    If anything, there’s a war on commons sense and personal responsibility.

    The left wants us all to be wards of the state.


  100. RIX
    100 | October 23, 2012 5:49 pm

    @ lobo91:

    And suggests that raising them is “asking people to contribute” more.

    “Asking” and “contribute” seem voluntary to me. I don’t really think that’s what he has in mind.

    Very hypocritical for Obama who lives like an oil sheik to
    promote class warfare.
    He takes fabulous trips, tosses lavish parties & demands the best of
    everything on the public dime. But he demands sacrifice and attacks
    the wealthy, while talking about how well off that he is.


  101. lobo91
    101 | October 23, 2012 5:49 pm

    Lily wrote:

    @ lobo91:

    Leia is wanting a french fry??

    One of her favorite foods.


  102. buzzsawmonkey
    102 | October 23, 2012 5:49 pm

    Lily wrote:

    there is no war on women.

    Well…there is in Pakistan and Afghanistan.


  103. Lily
    103 | October 23, 2012 5:50 pm

    @ huckfunn:

    Good one…and I like the fact they put in there as president obama has yet to go to Israel…he brought up the fact he went in 2008…big deal…have you gone as president? Hell no.


  104. lobo91
    104 | October 23, 2012 5:50 pm

    buzzsawmonkey wrote:

    Lily wrote:

    there is no war on women.

    Well…there is in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

    And China


  105. RIX
    105 | October 23, 2012 5:50 pm

    @ Lily:

    It is indeed childish…there is no war on women.

    It’s astro-turfed


  106. Lily
    106 | October 23, 2012 5:51 pm

    MacDuff wrote:

    lobo91 wrote:

    @ MacDuff:

    I’ve actually heard people suggest that abortion training be made mandatory for all medical students, because there are so many places that don’t have convenient access to abortion clinics.

    Of course, most of those places are in the middle of the country, where there really isn’t that much demand, so it’s not surprising.

    I think abortions have already peaked and will be trending downward in the future. It’s a disgusting, horrific procedure that has been generally considered so throughout its history.

    This is what I am seeing in the younger generation….it is very frowned upon. Very much.


  107. Lily
    107 | October 23, 2012 5:53 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    @ Lily:

    one has to responsiblitiy for ones actions.

    I think that’s on the list of “racist” terms now.

    Darn it and I left out the word TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. I’m having my usual day of mistakes. ;)
    /dear heavens I’m being racist again?


  108. unclassifiable
    108 | October 23, 2012 5:53 pm

    @ RIX:
    @ Lily:

    This is a “time zero” liberal/progressive… aw hell why bother…

    This is a “time zero” authoritarian strategy that allows the collectivists to control the language and the dialog. I have often had these same people tell me that I can’t say things a certain way or “how would you like it if” or “that’s demeaning”.

    Well it is all BS.

    English is one of the most diverse languages of all and these jackholes who supposedly love their diversity would love to dumb it down to only having “the right people” say things and then have everyone parrot it like good little robots.

    I will not submit to the permanently offended. I rather be known as a misanthrope than give in to their attempt to shackle speech.


  109. huckfunn
    109 | October 23, 2012 5:54 pm

    RIX wrote:

    Very hypocritical for Obama who lives like an oil sheik to
    promote class warfare.
    He takes fabulous trips, tosses lavish parties & demands the best of
    everything on the public dime. But he demands sacrifice and attacks
    the wealthy, while talking about how well off that he is.

    Obama always leaves out the part that he is one of those evil millionaires that he’s constantly harping about. When he leaves office his income will necessarily skyrocket and he’ll have a Hawaiian palace paid for by other peeps. Meanwhile he’s left behind the smoldering ruins of Chicago, Detroit and the U.S. economy.


  110. Lily
    110 | October 23, 2012 5:55 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    @ Lily:

    It is indeed childish…there is no war on women.

    If anything, there’s a war on commons sense and personal responsibility.

    The left wants us all to be wards of the state.

    I concur there …common sense has been thrown out the window…if you go along with what the media is trying to shove down our throats and all the leftists..there are still people with common sense who are noticing this collusion the media is having with obama and his leftist agenda.


  111. 111 | October 23, 2012 5:55 pm

    Back in the day, I argued against abortion with anyone who would engage. My cousin was argumentatively “pro-choice”, right up to the time his wife became pregnant and I recalled his assertion that it (his son) was no more than a “non-viable tissue mass”.

    His views, shall we say are much different now.


  112. 112 | October 23, 2012 5:56 pm

    @ lobo91:

    Thou shalt not insult sex-selective abortions, for they are true get of the god Abortion. No blasphemy against the god Abortion will be tolerated…


  113. Lily
    113 | October 23, 2012 5:56 pm

    buzzsawmonkey wrote:

    Lily wrote:

    there is no war on women.

    Well…there is in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

    All over the middle east.


  114. buzzsawmonkey
    114 | October 23, 2012 5:56 pm

    Lily wrote:

    Good one…and I like the fact they put in there as president obama has yet to go to Israel…he brought up the fact he went in 2008…big deal…have you gone as president? Hell no.

    The point Romney made, that he skipped Israel on his Presidential Middle East tour, was telling.

    Given that Muslim countries will not admit ordinary travelers if they have an Israeli stamp on their passports, it would have been a big thing for the President of the United States to go to Egypt, and Saudi Arabia, and Israel, and Turkey; it would have been big even if he had saved Israel until last, but he could have gotten away with sandwiching Israel in the middle, which would have been huge—instead, he left Israel off entirely.


  115. 115 | October 23, 2012 5:57 pm

    Lily wrote:

    This is what I am seeing in the younger generation….it is very frowned upon. Very much.

    We’re winning, life is winning.


  116. lobo91
    116 | October 23, 2012 5:58 pm

    Andrea Tantaros just said she skipped the debate and went to a Rush concert last night.

    I knew there was something I liked about her…


  117. RIX
    117 | October 23, 2012 6:00 pm

    @ unclassifiable:
    This is not an original thought, but if you control
    the language, you control the debate.


  118. lobo91
    118 | October 23, 2012 6:01 pm

    RIX wrote:

    @ unclassifiable:
    This is not an original thought, but if you control
    the language, you control the debate.

    See also: Orwell, George.


  119. Lily
    119 | October 23, 2012 6:01 pm

    @ unclassifiable:

    Yes indeed I dislike their wording also. Try and have a conversation and they are offended…why? Because you don’t agree with them on something they know nothing about and then you ask them where they got that information …. *crickets*. Hell I can tell you were they got their talking points from .. MSNBC…because they are parroting the excate meme..can’t they think for themselves????


  120. RIX
    120 | October 23, 2012 6:02 pm

    @ huckfunn:

    Obama always leaves out the part that he is one of those evil millionaires that he’s constantly harping about. When he leaves office his income will necessarily skyrocket and he’ll have a Hawaiian palace paid for by other peeps. Meanwhile he’s left behind the smoldering ruins of Chicago, Detroit and the U.S. economy.

    And you could actually say to him, “You didn’t earn that.”


  121. Lily
    121 | October 23, 2012 6:03 pm

    Iron Fist wrote:

    @ lobo91:

    Thou shalt not insult sex-selective abortions, for they are true get of the god Abortion. No blasphemy against the god Abortion will be tolerated…

    These are just evil in my opinion. obama okay with it though.


  122. RIX
    122 | October 23, 2012 6:04 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    RIX wrote:

    @ unclassifiable:

    This is not an original thought, but if you control
    the language, you control the debate.

    See also: Orwell, George.

    I have believed for four years that Obama is straight out
    of the mind of Orwell.


  123. Lily
    123 | October 23, 2012 6:05 pm

    @ buzzsawmonkey:

    Very telling…and really I almost threw something at the TV when he said back in 2008 I went blah, blah, blah…I said where have you gone since you have been president???? You sent a message by not going to Israel.


  124. RIX
    124 | October 23, 2012 6:07 pm

    @ Lily:

    These are just evil in my opinion. obama okay with it though.

    Oh heck, Obama is down with killing surviving infants
    from botched abortions.
    He was the only Illinois State Senator that would not
    vote protection for them.


  125. Lily
    125 | October 23, 2012 6:09 pm

    RIX wrote:

    lobo91 wrote:

    RIX wrote:

    @ unclassifiable:

    This is not an original thought, but if you control
    the language, you control the debate.

    See also: Orwell, George.

    I have believed for four years that Obama is straight out
    of the mind of Orwell.

    Obama is a pox on this nation of ours after 4 years of him and his administration there is so much hate running through this country..someone is beat up because they have a Romney/Ryan sign in their yard…this also happened in California to an elderly couple if I remember correctly and not just to the Senator’s son. So much anger and vileness going on.


  126. 126 | October 23, 2012 6:09 pm

    I have a particular aversion to these abortions of “inconvenient” pregnancies. My wife was an “oops!” pregnancy. Sorry, once you have fertilization, you have responsibility -- you can’t just kill the damned baby!


  127. lobo91
    127 | October 23, 2012 6:11 pm

    Well, I’m going to take Leia to the vet so they can check out the lump on her side.

    BBIAB


  128. Lily
    128 | October 23, 2012 6:12 pm

    RIX wrote:

    @ Lily:

    These are just evil in my opinion. obama okay with it though.

    Oh heck, Obama is down with killing surviving infants
    from botched abortions.
    He was the only Illinois State Senator that would not
    vote protection for them.

    Very telling if I may say so to the type of person he is..yet he was voted in as our president….what a horrible mistake this country made.


  129. RIX
    129 | October 23, 2012 6:13 pm

    @ Lily:
    If BHO is reelected, it will say more about America than
    it will about him. We all know what he is.
    Seriously, I think that capital will flee and a lot of Americans
    will head for the life boats.
    His war on the wealthy is a phony segue to destruction of the
    Middle Class.


  130. Lily
    130 | October 23, 2012 6:14 pm

    MacDuff wrote:

    I have a particular aversion to these abortions of “inconvenient” pregnancies. My wife was an “oops!” pregnancy. Sorry, once you have fertilization, you have responsibility — you can’t just kill the damned baby!

    Amen to that MacDuff! How many saints have been killed in the womb, how many great scientists have been killed in the womb, how many great people that God has sent us have been killed in the womb?


  131. Lily
    131 | October 23, 2012 6:16 pm

    RIX wrote:

    @ Lily:
    If BHO is reelected, it will say more about America than
    it will about him. We all know what he is.
    Seriously, I think that capital will flee and a lot of Americans
    will head for the life boats.
    His war on the wealthy is a phony segue to destruction of the
    Middle Class.

    I agree….we need to vote him out. This election truly is so important.


  132. RIX
    132 | October 23, 2012 6:17 pm

    @ Lily:

    Very telling if I may say so to the type of person he is..yet he was voted in as our president….what a horrible mistake this country made.

    These are fully born human beings that should have all the rights
    that any other American has.
    I think that BHO is an evil dude & I don’t use the term lightly.


  133. unclassifiable
    133 | October 23, 2012 6:17 pm

    @ Lily:

    Yes another example of the most vilest vapid phase in the collectivist lexicon — “speaking truth to power”.


  134. RIX
    134 | October 23, 2012 6:18 pm

    @ Lily:

    I agree….we need to vote him out. This election truly is so important.

    It is crucial


  135. buzzsawmonkey
    135 | October 23, 2012 6:18 pm

    Since we’re talking abortion, I’d like to recommend that people read Evelyn Waugh’s Sword of Honor trilogy. The three books, Men at Arms, Officers and Gentlemen, and Unconditional Surrender (also published in the US under the title The End of the Battle), chronicle the military service of Guy Crouchback, surviving son of a semi-noble Catholic family in reduced circumstances, through WWII.

    It is a wry and funny series. In the last book, Guy remarries his former wife because she has become pregnant by another officer whom he loathes. His wife is killed in a V-2 attack; the child ends up being the agent by which he meets and marries someone else, and the subsequent restoration, to some extent, of the family’s fortunes.


  136. buzzsawmonkey
    136 | October 23, 2012 6:19 pm

    @ buzzsawmonkey:

    I should have mentioned that the hero remarries his wife after she makes two attempts to procure an abortion, which is what made me bring it up here.


  137. RIX
    137 | October 23, 2012 6:22 pm

    Every body have a great evening.


  138. Lily
    138 | October 23, 2012 6:36 pm

    RIX wrote:

    @ Lily:

    Very telling if I may say so to the type of person he is..yet he was voted in as our president….what a horrible mistake this country made.

    These are fully born human beings that should have all the rights
    that any other American has.
    I think that BHO is an evil dude & I don’t use the term lightly.

    I agree with you and I don’t call people evil very often. The look in his eyes last night says it all.


  139. Lily
    139 | October 23, 2012 6:38 pm

    @ RIX:

    Have a good evening Rix!


  140. unclassifiable
    140 | October 23, 2012 6:38 pm

    I personally would like the government out of the entire procreation question completely.

    I know this is not the position of the “pro-life” faction. Your belief is valid but I do not think it should be legislated.

    This is the crux of where I really think the government should head --to be smaller in all facets of life and death.

    I simply do not think you make a better society by taking the most important decisions out of the hands of its citizenry.

    I absolutely hate Sarah Silverman’s “look at me I have had an abortion” BS. But at the same time she has a right to purvey this crap as much as I have a right to call her a “one screwed up unit”.

    When all of this (all of it) is left to the public’s control and taken away from the government the view that will be formed will be guided by the individuals moral and ethical values.

    I am only for allowing the choice to kill an unborn child to the individual because I see no societal value in the government making it one way or another.

    And let me be clear, there is still room to shun this person from society if you choose to do so. There is still room for a parental authority over minors (who are by very definition not accorded full citizenship status). There is still room to protest for or against this practice.

    But to leave this decision to be made by outsiders is the ultimate rejection of liberty and responsibility.

    I am not G*d. I do not know if the next aborted child would have been Charles Manson or Albert Einstein. In fact, more than likely it would be something “in between” sort of speak.

    But how are we to return to a society where the likes of Obama will be rejected on its face because their first premise is that the general citizenry cannot comport themselves?


  141. 141 | October 23, 2012 7:07 pm

    buzzsawmonkey wrote:

    Lily wrote:

    There are many couples out there that can’t have children.

    In some cases—rarely reported on—because an earlier abortion, or an STD, that was the result of sexual romping, has affected their later fertility.

    Or because they put off trying to have a child until one or both partners have lost their fertility or virility. Women usually lose fertility considerably before menopause. Male fertility declines with age, albeit not as rapidly.


Back to the Top

The Blogmocracy

website design was Built By David