Mitt Romney did what he needed to do in the debate

by Rodan ( 130 Comments › )
Filed under Barack Obama, Elections 2012, George W. Bush at October 23rd, 2012 - 11:42 am

I have been open in my disgust with the foreign policy of both the Democrats and Republicans. Both parties subscribe to the Wilsonian Progressive notion of spreading Democracy and turning nations into welfare leeches of America. Last night’s debate had me disagreeing with Mitt Romney and Barack Obama equally. Both of their foreign policy ideas are Leftist and are not based on the national interest of America. They both believe the Islamic world can be saved by spending more money and being nice to them. Both Obama and Romney really believe that Muslims want Democracy. The truth is they want a Sharia based system and have an Imperialist agenda. I felt both men are naive and are historically ignorant when it comes to Islam. The majority of Americans are against any more interaction with the savages. But Romney and Obama both live in a Leftist bubble based on feel good academic theories. neither one lives in reality when it comes to foreign policy.

That said, I felt Mitt Romney did what he needed to do in the debate. Whether Conservatives want to hear it or not, the American public have a negative view of the Republican party’s foreign policy. George W. Bush ruined the GOP’s historical advantage in this area. His Wilsonian Progressive nation building project in Iraq turned off the American public to the GOP on foreign policy. Mitt Romney was in a straight jacket situation in last night’s debate because of this image. Romney went out of his way to alleviate the fears the Obama Regime was promoting out there about Romney. Mitt neutralized the image that he’s a clone of George W. Bush by emphasizing peace. Romney assuaged Independents that he is not a nation building ideologue like Bush was. He pivoted to the economy since a strong economy is a national security interest.

Barack Obama last night came looking for a fight. He was frustrated that Romney avoided any confrontation and kept trying to egg him on. The fallen god-king was petty and was more interested in getting zingers in. Romney did not make mistake and came across confident and thoughtful. Romney accomplished his mission, to pass the Commander in Chief test.

The debate can be summed up this way. Barack Obama was a Demagogue and Mitt Romney was Presidential. Americans

Tags: ,

Comments

130 Responses to “Mitt Romney did what he needed to do in the debate”

1 | October 23, 2012 12:00 pm

re-post:

Brilliant performance by Romney last night.

Obama was prepped for the debate to be Yosemite Sam; “Yeeeooooouuuuuu VARMINT! Ah’m a-comin’ t’git yeeoouu, an’ Ah’m a-gonna tear yore ears off cuz yore math don’t add up!”

Romney…was Bugs Bunny. He kept turning the hollow log so that Yosemite Sam Obama would run out the wrong end, over the cliff. Suddenly—repeatedly—Yosemite Sam Obama looked down and saw there was nothing underneath him, and plummeted.

Romney was Bugs Bunny. Obama was Yosemite Sam. The cliff was Obama’s economy.

2. 2 | October 23, 2012 12:03 pm

The Obamalamadingdong is back on the trail with his silly “Romnesia Stage 3″ remarks. He’s President of the damn United States – couldn’t he at least FAKE acting like it?

Maybe he’s auditioning for a gig on Jon Stewart’s fake news show when he finds himself unemployed.

3 | October 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Obama concedes NC to Romney.

4. 4 | October 23, 2012 12:10 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

He’s trying to impress the LGF crowd.

5. citizen_q
    5 | October 23, 2012 12:10 pm

I wonder if obama and biden were coached about their poor behavior? I think it is who they are, but you would think their prep team would understand how badly that would play.

Perhaps they were relying on the MFM being in their corner?

6. 6 | October 23, 2012 12:11 pm

Cursing Dorothy.

7. citizen_q
    7 | October 23, 2012 12:13 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

My bets are on him either competing with jeackson and sharpton as a race hustler, or he suddenly rediscovers allah and becomes a gadfly imam of the farakhan ilk.

8. 8 | October 23, 2012 12:15 pm

I think this is the bombshell Trump is going to drop tomorrow.

Obama sold Cocaine in College.

9. 9 | October 23, 2012 12:20 pm

Forgive the pun, but there was a certain economy in Romney’s performance – as the headline says, he did what he had to do, no more no less. As I mentioned last night, it was “workmanlike”.

The sheer bulk of exaggerations, phony talking points and outright lies emanating from Obama and his acolytes during this campaign makes it nearly impossible to refute them and it drowns out any decent points that should, or could be made.

10. 10 | October 23, 2012 12:21 pm

@ MacDuff:

As I summed it up: Obama was a Demagogue and Romney was Presidential.

11 | October 23, 2012 12:23 pm

@ MacDuff:

Again—Romney was not looking to argue facts last night. The facts are out here and available. He was going for tone; he wanted people to see him as President, and to see Obama for a petulant, ill-prepared, snarky, angry loser.

He set Obama up to get that, and he got it.

12. 12 | October 23, 2012 12:24 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

See my #10. That is exactly what happened.

13 | October 23, 2012 12:24 pm

As I summed it up: Obama was a Demagogue and Romney was Presidential.

Watching Obama’s Icarus-like fall from demigod to demagogue is something.

Waiting for the “SPLAT!” on the sixth.

14. 14 | October 23, 2012 12:26 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

@ MacDuff:
    He set Obama up to get that, and he got it.

Chris Wallace said it best, “If I had been stranded on a desert island for the last 5 years and parachuted in for this debate, I would have thought that Mitt Romney was the president defending his tenure and Barack Obama the losing challenger desperately attempting to score points”.

15. 15 | October 23, 2012 12:28 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

That could be why the blogger “Icarus” loves Obama!

16. 16 | October 23, 2012 12:29 pm

That is exactly how I viewed it as.

17 | October 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Sweetest thing was at the beginning, when Romney, in the opening remarks, congratulated Obama for getting bin Laden.

That made Romney look gracious, able to concede a point to his opponent—and therefore able to go in for the kill later.

It also took bin Laden off the table; Obama couldn’t spike the football on his own because his opponent had already acknowledged it; if Obama used it he’d look churlish and arrogant. He tried, but there was no way out of it.

Romney boxed him in from the beginning.

HA!

18. 18 | October 23, 2012 12:34 pm

I think this is the bombshell Trump is going to drop tomorrow.

Obama sold Cocaine in College.

The Romney campaign doesn’t want to be associated with the story, but they did NOT make any statement to the effect that they disagreed with its accuracy.

If I had to bet I’d say he did sell cocaine. Most people (except for the super-rich) who use drugs heavily end up trading in them to some degree.

19 | October 23, 2012 12:34 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    That’s exactly what I thought. It was a great opening for Romney and took the issue off the table for BO.

20. 20 | October 23, 2012 12:41 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Strategic thinking. From what I’ve seen of Obama, he doesn’t do strategy. At all. A strategic thinker would hae known that cramming ObamaCare through on a completely partisan vote would come back to bite him. He should have made some concessions to get the RINOs on board. A dozen or so Republican House Members, and four or five of the congenitally reach-across-the-aisle Senators, and he’d have looked like a leaders. He wanted100% of what he wanted, and it cost him heavily. The only reason he didn’t lose the Senate was because there were so many more Democrat Senators to lose. If the split had been more like 55-45, he’d have likely lost the Senate as well as the House. As it was, if all Senators had to be elected every two years he’d have lost the Senate as well. Then, having suffered a massive Strategicv defeat, he doubled down, and veered farther Left. If he weren’t the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT, he’d be down in the 30s in the polls. As it is, he’s at 45, and that is about where I expect him to be in two weeks, too.

21. 21 | October 23, 2012 12:43 pm

@ 1389AD:

Yup, I think this will be Trump’s bombshell. The fact the Romney campaign refused to run with it shows they are winning the election.

22. 22 | October 23, 2012 12:44 pm

If he weren’t the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT, he’d be down in the 30s in the polls.

That is all he has at this point.

23. 23 | October 23, 2012 12:47 pm

There’s no percentage in running with this. The people who are going to vote for Obama at this stage are going to vote for him because he is black and hip, and because they are totally ignoring the past. They are still voting for the Magic Man who can bring unicorns and rainbows! A little think like maybe he was eally a low-level hood in college won’t distract them from that Bright, Shiney Obaject that they think they see. OTOH, if Romney ran with it, it could look like desperation, and Romney doesn’t need that. He isn’t desperate. Obama, OTOH, is

24. 24 | October 23, 2012 12:50 pm

That is all he has at this point.

Won’t be enough to win it for him. Did you see my link to Gallup this morning? Today’s 7-Day rolling average has Romney at 51% Obama at 45%. Obama has been steady at that 45% for about a week. Barring something major (I don’t even know what to give as an example), Obama can’t make that deficit up in two weeks. And people are already voting. My vote is cast, and I couldn’t take it back if I would. Romney is peaking at just the right time. I think he will be the next President of the United States.

25. 25 | October 23, 2012 12:58 pm

Romney is going to let Trump hammer Obama on the cocaine charges.

26. 26 | October 23, 2012 12:58 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Buzz – classic lawyer maneuver – diffuse the other side by bringing the subject into focus first. Then when they try to fire the canon at you, you don’t have enough fuse.

27. 28 | October 23, 2012 1:00 pm

I keep wondering what it is Allred has. It is not above her to find people that make accusations and then the entirety falls apart under scrutiny. Sorry, but I think Mitt’s squeaky clean and if there was anything it would have been found “Allred-y.” I think the lady has nothing except someone with a crazy accusation.

28. 29 | October 23, 2012 1:01 pm

Obama’s messiah-hood is faded. Only jerks like Russell Crowe believe he is divine. The good part is that Crowe can’t vote.

29. 30 | October 23, 2012 1:01 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Allred has nothing. It will be something stupid and easily debunked.

30. texasam7
    31 | October 23, 2012 1:04 pm

Somewhere in the book of Proverbs there’s a verse that goes something like: “better to be rebuked by the wise than have stupid people sing your praises”.

31. 32 | October 23, 2012 1:05 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

I heard it said somewhere the the Dem op-research people worked desperately to find skeletons in Romney’s closet only to find, in their horror, that he didn’t even have a closet.

32. EBL
    33 | October 23, 2012 1:06 pm

I agree with what you said, but Mitt Romney was not trying to be a clone of GWB. George Bush is negatively perceived because of Iraq. Mitt was trying to calm fears he is for more of the same with Iran or Syria. He was trying to distance himself from GWB. Frankly I think the USA would prefer an isolationist policy, but that is dangerous too.

I do not think Romney even wants to do what he said last night. I think Romney real goal is contain Islamic extremism, try to take a more forceful approach to the middle east, but primarily promote American economic growth. The same for China, speak strong, but then engage and promote some mutually advantageous position on negotiations.

Now personally I wish he bashed Obama like a baby harp seal in that debate, but he made the conscious and deliberate decision not to. Mitt Romney last looked at the metrics of what he needs to do to win and this was the answer. Whether it works or not remains to be seen, but I noted that Ed Rendell wet his pants on MSNBC last night. I find Rendell craven and dangerous, but he is a smart politician and if he is scared, Romney is probably correct in the course he plotted.

34 | October 23, 2012 1:12 pm

@ EBL:

Romney has been studying Choom Boy for four years to figure out how best to defeat him.

Choom Boy couldn’t be bothered to study up for four days for his first debate; by all accounts, he barely put in four hours.

Choom Boy will discover his error in two weeks.

34. 35 | October 23, 2012 1:13 pm

@ MacDuff:

They tried to imply that he’d talked “his girlfriend” out of getting an abortion only to find he was counseling someone in his ward to keep her baby.

35. 36 | October 23, 2012 1:14 pm

If he weren’t Black, he’d never gotten past the first three primaries in 2008 with his lack of experience.

36. Buffalobob
    37 | October 23, 2012 1:16 pm

The biggest failure of this First Black President was and is that he passed up a golder opportunity to be a leader of all Americans. He is by far the most divisive modern day President. He has used social and economic status to divide and foster envy. He has used race to frighten and incite. Has pitted the young against the old. He was weaned on Chicago destructive politics. In the debate last night you could see his jaw muscles tighten and his temples pulse in a herculean effort to keep from exploding. He was and is nothing more than a community organizer accustomed to shouting like a cheerleader to the hometown crowd.

37. 38 | October 23, 2012 1:16 pm

@ EBL:

Romney did distance himself from Bush. That is a good thing because Bush’s nation building policies were a failure. He laid the groundwork for the Arab Spring. I hope Romney stays out of the Mideast morass and let the savages kill each other.

38. 39 | October 23, 2012 1:16 pm

Yeah – to me she lost all credibility when she considered it her mission to take the Black Republican out of the race. So where’s the damn lawsuit? I’m thinking she thinks she’s got an illegal Mitt hired and didn’t pay like she did with Meg Whitman in 2010.

39. 40 | October 23, 2012 1:17 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Yup, he would be forgot.

40. 41 | October 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Well, actually she never had any credibility with me. I meant she lost credibility with a lot of people. I think this time she’s going to wish she’d kept herself out of it.

41. 42 | October 23, 2012 1:17 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

I think that’s what she “has.

42. 43 | October 23, 2012 1:19 pm

I especially liked his answer to Schieffer’s ridiculous hypothetical re Israel’s bombers. It was a GREAT answer and Bammy couldn’t come up with a better one so he interrupted and blather blather blather. Looked stupid.

43. 44 | October 23, 2012 1:20 pm

And I’ll bet you anything Ann Romney has records and records and records. That lady doesn’t miss much, and I don’t think Ann would cheat anyone. She tries this with Romney and she’ll be laughed off the stage

44. Canoe Convoy
    45 | October 23, 2012 1:22 pm

I’ve been thinking along the same lines. Contain the activity / nations, but otherwise stay out — they have made it clear they want nothing to do with the Modern Times.

45. 46 | October 23, 2012 1:23 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

I am going to enjoy what Trump presents tomorrow.

47 | October 23, 2012 1:26 pm

@ Buffalobob:

Obama is a hermit crab. The hermit crab has no shell of its own; it moves into the hollow, empty, discarded shell of some dead creature and adopts it as its own. The hermit crab is nature’s Occupier.

Hermit Crab Obama moved into the hollow, empty, discarded shells of anti-colonialism, liberation theology, critical race theory, and Marxism generally.

Sadly, then, this hermit crab moved into the nation’s hope and desire for a unifying black leader with a vision like that articulated by Allen West, and Occupied that. He was never that leader, he never intended or wanted to be or was capable of being that leader—but, tired of the filthy discarded shells in which he was used to walking crabwise, he decided to become the first Occupier of that pristine, not-yet-used Unifying Leader shell, and all he did was befoul it.

47. 48 | October 23, 2012 1:27 pm

It’s going to be interesting. The whole birther thing blew up in his face and I hope that all of this doesn’t dissolve down to Larry “back of the limo” Kramer.

And to play a little devil’s advocate, my first question would be “why didn’t you say something in 2008?”

48. Guggi
    49 | October 23, 2012 1:29 pm

Ok, Romney looked tired and burnt out, O. was fresh, well prepared and like a real president. A great victory for O., Romney lost big.

(no, you don’t throw stones at me, that’s what I read here in the (leftwing) newspapers)

49. 50 | October 23, 2012 1:33 pm

@ Guggi:

Chris Wallace said that if he turned on the debate not knowing who they were, he would have assumed that it was Romney who was the President and that Obama the inexperienced candidate trying for the job.

50. Guggi
    51 | October 23, 2012 1:36 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

I didn’t see it but I saw the desperate comments on those newspaper-articles and knew they were wrong :-)

51. 52 | October 23, 2012 1:47 pm

In observing the Romneys, the comparison to the Kennedys is irresistible. The Romneys, in actuality, are what the Kennedys were always sold as, but never quite lived up to. Just in human terms, they’re an incredibly impressive bunch of people on any number of levels.

Discussions of his policies are a welcome part of the process, but it’s rare that we have such a good and decent man even pursue the presidency. Should he win, and I believe he will, that’s a pretty good place to be, as a country.

Later, folks!

52. 53 | October 23, 2012 1:52 pm

From our friend ZIP:

Sandra Fluke’s crying in her cups that only 10 people showed up to see her in Reno on Sunday, saying that the evil conservatives are once again trying to shut her up.

Except – no one’s even talking about her. Maybe only 10 people showed up just to get a photo of her – because it isn’t every day you can see a fool that Rush Limbaugh called a slut.

She might want to ask Mama Moonbat Sheehan how it feels to have no one really give a crap about you except the media.

54 | October 23, 2012 1:55 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Getting her to shut up something other than her pie-hole might reduce federal spending almost as much as cutting Big Bird loose.

54. 55 | October 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Canoe Convoy wrote:

Exactly and that is what most Americans want.

55. 56 | October 23, 2012 1:57 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Someone needs to click the stopwatch and tell the girl that her 15 minutes are up. Dems totally overplayed the hand with that one. Once Rush apologized they had nowhere to go with that story.

Now all it looks like is beating a dead horse.

56. 57 | October 23, 2012 1:57 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

It’s the Cocaine thing.

57. 58 | October 23, 2012 1:58 pm

@ MacDuff:

Well said!

58. bluliner10
    59 | October 23, 2012 2:04 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    I am going to enjoy what Trump presents tomorrow.

Trump is saying it is not the cocaine accusation

59. 60 | October 23, 2012 2:05 pm

Trump says it’s not the Cocaine story.

60. 61 | October 23, 2012 2:06 pm

@ bluliner10:

GMTA look at my #59!

I wonder what it is.

61. Lily
    62 | October 23, 2012 2:07 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Could it be the pictures in Vanity Fair today?

62. bluliner10
    63 | October 23, 2012 2:07 pm

Yours popped on the refresh…GMTA indeed

65 | October 23, 2012 2:10 pm

The son of a Wisconsin State Senator confronted two men vandalizing
    their Romney yard sign.
    He was beaten to a pulp and is now in the hospital.
    Were the perps union goons, or idealistic yoots?

64. 66 | October 23, 2012 2:11 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Tommy Robinson of the EDL and Paul Weston of the British Freedom Party arrested.
    Tommy’s been put into a wing of Wandsworth prison that is full of Muslims.

Let me get this, These Muslim preachers can preach overthrowing the British state, but British patriots standing up to them get arrested? David Cameron is a tool of the Muslim Brotherhood.

65. Lily
    67 | October 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Guggi wrote:

I noticed last night on the Cable news they screaming and twisting themselves in pretzels trying to defend obama. Take Juan Williams good heaven he was yelling and everything trying to say obama won and what Mitt Romney said about the military was a lie. Sorry Juan obama is cutting the military in half after the first of the year. I’m just about sick and tired of obama saying *the military isn’t even asking to be given more money to increase it’s power* Really? This is all he has….everytime he goes back the meme the military isn’t asking for this. Sorry after his inane remarks concerning the military doesn’t use bayonets and the ships that go under water …I was shaking my head..what an idiot.

66. MikeA
    68 | October 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Obama wears Michelle’s clothes… and looks better in them!!! :)

67. Lily
    69 | October 23, 2012 2:23 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Tommy’s been put into a wing of Wandsworth prison that is full of Muslims.

They have a mess over there…don’t they have signs saying a no-go zone because it is a sharia law area? How hard the British have fallen to give in to these people who will not live according to the laws of Britian….

68. Lily
    70 | October 23, 2012 2:25 pm

The son of a Wisconsin State Senator confronted two men vandalizing
    their Romney yard sign.
    He was beaten to a pulp and is now in the hospital.
    Were the perps union goons, or idealistic yoots?

Isn’t that horrible? You can’t even put a sign in your yard opposing obama without getting being put in the hospital??? And obama has said what concerning this? It seems like he should denouce such activity..but oh no I think he likes that this stuff is going on.
    obama is dividing this nation like no other president.

69. song_and_dance_man
    71 | October 23, 2012 2:27 pm

The fallen god-king was petty and was more interested in getting zingers in. Romney did not make [that] mistake and came across confident and thoughtful. Romney accomplished his mission, to pass the Commander in Chief test.

Rodan, I really don’t like to nit pick, but this is the Thread bearer. Put ‘that’ there.

Now that was a great debate. I thought it the best of three. Mitt had the nards to call the Muslim Right Jihadists and labeled them as terrorists. This is something no other leader in the near capacity to lead our country has done. Kerry called it a nuisance; Bush called it a ROP; Chair has yet to define it, but did go to Cairo instead of Israel. Here is a great quote from the Mittster.

Mr. President, the reason I call it an apology tour is because you went to the Middle East and you flew to — to Egypt and to Saudi Arabia and to — to Turkey and Iraq. And — and by way, you skipped Israel, our closest friend in the region, but you went to the other nations. And by the way, they noticed that you skipped Israel. And then in those nations and on Arabic TV you said that America had been dismissive and derisive. You said that on occasion America had dictated to other nations.

R battered the Chair with truth and won…big time.

70. Guggi
    72 | October 23, 2012 2:27 pm

Lily wrote:

:-)

71. Lily
    73 | October 23, 2012 2:28 pm

The obama re-election campagin have to be the most ignorant people ever.

Another Obamabot Misspells “Forward” On Their Shirt – This Time On The Obama Campaign Website…

72. Will Consult for Food
    74 | October 23, 2012 2:30 pm

Lily wrote:

Carolina Girl wrote:

Could it be the pictures in Vanity Fair today?

WTF is that supposed to be humor? I don’t suppose they will do one of Obama and the Choom gang?

73. 75 | October 23, 2012 2:31 pm

@ Lily:

I can’t figure out if the morons at Vanity Fair think these are real or KNOW they’re staged and are trying to engage in satire. Actually, I found them funny as hell.

76 | October 23, 2012 2:32 pm

@ Lily:

obama is dividing this nation like no other president

I have no doubt that Obama likes this stuff and thinks that
    he is down with the revolutionary struggle.
    That mean Obama look that you saw in split screen last night
    is an old Obama tactic.
    His Columbia room mate said that BHO described that as his “bad ass
    n-gah look” His words

77 | October 23, 2012 2:32 pm

Lily wrote:

The obama re-election campagin have to be the most ignorant people ever.

“Fo’ward” is proper Ebonics, what do you mean it’s misspelled?

76. 78 | October 23, 2012 2:32 pm

@ Lily:

I wonder if those are for sale at the website and the idiots didn’t realize it.

Or maybe it’s the way they talk – “OBAMA FOE! KEEP OBAMA IN PREZDINT!”

77. Lily
    79 | October 23, 2012 2:36 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

R battered the Chair with truth and won…big time.

I thought it was great that Romney got that in there and all obama had to come back to is what he did in 2008….sorry but you haven’t been to Israel in 4 years, obama has insulted them, obama has rebuffed Israel repeatedly or simply ignored them and yes it was a damn apology tour. The President of the United States should never do such a thing. I believe Romney gets it. Sure he didn’t say the things a lot of people would have liked him to say …but he came across as presidental and does have knowledge about what is going on in the middle east. Unlike obama always saying he is sorry and complimented our enemy over our soldiers ……last night obama seemed more concerned about the people in the middle east who hate us than he is over Americans.

78. song_and_dance_man
    80 | October 23, 2012 2:37 pm

Will Consult for Food wrote:

The photo looks like a gag. That is no old lady. It was probably set up by the Annual Staff in an attempt of humor showing Mitt giving noogies to some old broad. It probably didn’t work then and sure as hell doesn’t now.

The Left are REEEEACHING.

81 | October 23, 2012 2:38 pm

When I was catching up, I noticed on a previous thread that you asked what the basic ammo load for an M-16/M-4 is. Basic load, for planning purposes, is 210 rounds (7 30 round magazines).

That’s not to say that many people don’t carry more than that, because they frequently do, particularly if they’re going out on an operation where they think they’ll need it.

80. song_and_dance_man
    82 | October 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Lily wrote:

The obama re-election campagin have to be the most ignorant people ever.

It can’t be systemic; I mean, who pays forward grammatical error? It must be a white eugenics thang

81. Lily
    83 | October 23, 2012 2:40 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

They are clearly staged photographs but Vanity Fair has no love for Romney so I’m thinking that they think these pictures are going to hurt Romney.

Vogue is getting petty…..

Is Anna Wintour pressuring designers to steer clear of Ann Romney?

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/10/23/is-anna-wintour-pressuring-designers-to-steer-clear-ann-romney/#ixzz2A9ISxJXG

84 | October 23, 2012 2:41 pm

@ Lily:

In the end, that was his mission. The debates aren’t a 90 minute game of Trivial Pursuit. They’re a chance for the candidates to speak directly to the voters without a filter and show that they’re capable of doing the job.

83. Lily
    85 | October 23, 2012 2:42 pm

Will Consult for Food wrote:

Lily wrote:

Carolina Girl wrote:

Could it be the pictures in Vanity Fair today?

Well of course not!!!! obama can only be show with a halo around his head…even if that halo has most of it’s lights burnt out.

84. 86 | October 23, 2012 2:42 pm

MikeA wrote:

Obama wears Michelle’s clothes… and looks better in them!!!

:lol: she is more manly than he is!

85. 87 | October 23, 2012 2:43 pm

@ The Osprey:

You get a Hat Tip!

86. Lily
    88 | October 23, 2012 2:44 pm

That’s what that look was supposed to come off as??? He looked piss and crazed at the same time. Not a good move on his part in my opinion.

87. Lily
    89 | October 23, 2012 2:45 pm

@ The Osprey:

:lol: They left out the ‘ if that is what they were trying to do.

88. Lily
    90 | October 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Lily:

I wonder if those are for sale at the website and the idiots didn’t realize it.

Or maybe it’s the way they talk — “OBAMA FOE! KEEP OBAMA IN PREZDINT!”

I don’t know but good grief the president kept on and on about educateding the American people yet his own campagin can’t spell….what a doofus.

91 | October 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Lily wrote:

I think that all of that Obama emoting smacked of desperation.
    Their internal polls must look bad.

90. song_and_dance_man
    92 | October 23, 2012 2:48 pm

Lily wrote:

What struck me most, as if in reaching moments to solidify his lies, was his repeated notion that Israel was our greatest ally in the regions. With thought to plausibly deniability I can assume he was speaking for others and not himself. Which makes the most sense as it’s clear, from his long record, he is NO friend of Israel.

91. Lily
    93 | October 23, 2012 2:48 pm

Lily wrote:

I think that all of that Obama emoting smacked of desperation.
    Their internal polls must look bad.

Oh I totally agree ….. you can almost smell the desperation….
    Obama re-election campagin has conceded NC now ….how many more stated are they going to concede????

92. Lily
    94 | October 23, 2012 2:49 pm

@ Lily:

And neither can I spell…. educating. PIMF……darn it.

93. song_and_dance_man
    95 | October 23, 2012 2:52 pm

That’s why I love the debates. They put behind the Ads and lackey voices that have painted an unclear picture of who these men really are. 90 minutes is not enough, but it’s the best we can hope for since the MSM doesn’t do it’s job correctly.

94. Lily
    96 | October 23, 2012 2:53 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

He is absolutly no friend of Israel but he sure did try to say he was…I wonder if Bibi watched that debate last night I’m sure whenever obama spoke about Israel and our greatest allie he was screaming LIAR, LIAR, LIAR!!!!! Repeatedly.

97 | October 23, 2012 2:53 pm

Lily wrote:

The obama re-election campagin have to be the most ignorant people ever.

song_and_dance_man wrote:

I suspect that the reason for the “misprinted” “Foward” shirts is to try and create a basis for someone to make a couple of “Ebonics” cracks so that the Obama campaign can try and gin up the “racism!” cries in the last weeks of the campaign.

98 | October 23, 2012 2:53 pm

@ Lily:

Oh I totally agree ….. you can almost smell the desperation….

My guess is that they know that Virginia
    and Florida are gone too.
    The game is in Ohio & you have to battle the Dem Machine in
    Cleveland.

97. 99 | October 23, 2012 2:55 pm

@ Lily:

Saw that over at ZIP – Hah! Ann Romney would have no trouble buying off the rack at Macy’s and still look better than Moochelle and her stupid ass “big belts”.

98. 100 | October 23, 2012 2:55 pm

That’s why Romney should go all in for Pennsylvania. Its more winnable than Ohio.

99. Moe Katz
    101 | October 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Is it only me or does this recent reconstruction of Neanderthal Man look like Chuck Norris?

100. song_and_dance_man
    102 | October 23, 2012 2:57 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

That makes sense. And…I used the wrong word. I meant Ebonics and not eugenics.

101. Lily
    103 | October 23, 2012 2:57 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Will Consult for Food wrote:

The Left are REEEEACHING.

They are twisting themselves into pretzels trying to defend obama and smear Romney aren’t they??? The left are in desperation mode.

104 | October 23, 2012 2:57 pm

That may be true & who saw that coming?

103. 105 | October 23, 2012 3:00 pm

Coldwarrior.

104. 106 | October 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

I think you’re on to something, the resemblance is striking!

105. Lily
    107 | October 23, 2012 3:01 pm

@ Lily:

And the debates clearly showed obama is completely out of his depth.
    Romney in my opinion has broken the *messiah aura* around obama in the first debate, in the second debate Romney showed he can put up a fight, and in the third debate he showed he can be reasonable and has knowledge on domestic and foreign policy and is willing to call the bad guys excatly who they are Islamist terrorists..Obama couldn’t acknowledge that.

108 | October 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Coldwarrior.

That’s true, he did call it and some time back.

109 | October 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

Chuck Norris caused the Wooly Mammoth to go extinct.

110 | October 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Lily:

Saw that over at ZIP — Hah! Ann Romney would have no trouble buying off the rack at Macy’s and still look better than Moochelle and her stupid ass “big belts”.

I’m pretty sure that she has plenty of clothes of her own, anyway.

111 | October 23, 2012 3:03 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Moe Katz wrote:

I think you’re on to something, the resemblance is striking!

It’s his ancestor Ally Oop Norris.

112 | October 23, 2012 3:03 pm

@ Lily:

And the debates clearly showed obama is completely out of his depth.

For someone who’s already doing the job, that’s devestating. It basically shows that he needs to be fired.

111. Lily
    113 | October 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Lily:

No kidding! Whoever told her that those big belts are flattering were lying to her. Not to mention those ugly colored flat shoes that don’t match what she is wearing. Very unflattering those things are.
    /yes I noticed peoples shoes. Shoes can say a lot about a person in my opinion. ;)

112. 114 | October 23, 2012 3:07 pm

New Thread.

115 | October 23, 2012 3:07 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Moe Katz wrote:

Chuck Norris caused the Wooly Mammoth to go extinct.

Chuck Norris melted the glaciers

114. Lily
    116 | October 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

That is Chuck Norris and he kicked butt even then. ;)
    /Chuck Norris doesn’t have to use weapons for food all he has to do is look at the animal and it drops dead. ;)

117 | October 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Michelle Obama is doing the overdressed nouveau riche thing. She’s flaunting it, because she’s insecure and uncomfortable with herself.

Ann Romney has nothing to prove. She wouldn’t wear a $300 T-shirt with fake oil smears printed on it to an oil-spill photo-op, as Michelle Obama did; she’d wear an old shirt and an old pair of jeans and look 100 times better because she was dressed for the occasion instead of overdressing for it.

116. Lily
    118 | October 23, 2012 3:09 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Moe Katz wrote:

Chuck Norris caused the Wooly Mammoth to go extinct.

Ba-da-Bing!!!! ;)

117. Lily
    119 | October 23, 2012 3:15 pm

@ Lily:

And the debates clearly showed obama is completely out of his depth.

Yep he needs to be fired. The community organizer needs to go..so what he was in the Senate …he didn’t do anything there. Last night that lady in the front row in Luntz’s Focus group was absolutely LIVID! Not only about Benghazi but about how obama has gotten us in trillions of dollars of debt!!! I think Luntz made a mistake in having her on his panel she actually knows what is going on. The others thought obama was great on his foreign policy. Really all I heard out of him concerning his foreign policy was babbling and rambling.
    Not to mention a lot of people watched the debate on Fox News instead of other channels….says something to me.
    From Drudge..

DEBATE 3 RATINGS:

FOXNEWS pulls over 11.5 million viewers — making it FNC’s highest rated telecast EVER… DEVELOPING…

120 | October 23, 2012 3:21 pm

As to the belts, Michelle wears wide belts cinched over her chest under her bosom in order to try and minimize the size of her ass.

She doesn’t realize that walking around in loud neon getups destroys any benefit she might theoretically get from the belt—which doesn’t work anyway.

119. 121 | October 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Thanks!

122 | October 23, 2012 3:24 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

one of the nurses i work with is a black female.

what she says about mooch cannot be reprinted here.

121. Lily
    123 | October 23, 2012 3:26 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

I have to agree. But I think I read somewhere that her wearing suits and such made her look even more mean and edgy so in an effort to soften her looks they went these neon colors and these belts and sleeve-less dresses. It didn’t work out that much. She still comes off as mean and edgy with a chip on her shoulder.

122. Lily
    124 | October 23, 2012 3:27 pm

That says a lot…of course you can give us a little bit of what she says and make it G rated. ;) Inquiring minds and all.

125 | October 23, 2012 3:30 pm

Lily wrote:

That says a lot…of course you can give us a little bit of what she says and make it G rated. Inquiring minds and all.

her rants are epic, that is all i want to say.

124. Moe Katz
    126 | October 23, 2012 3:36 pm

Lily wrote:

Moe Katz wrote:

That is Chuck Norris and he kicked butt even then.

:) :) :)

127 | October 23, 2012 3:46 pm

I wanted to smack the idiot Obama surrogate FNC had on a few minutes ago. He was going on and on about how stupid Romney was to think that Russia was a problem.

Who do these idiots think is facilitating Iran’s nuclear program, or preventing any significant action against them?

And who designed and/or built all the weapons that have been used to kill our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan?

128 | October 23, 2012 4:00 pm

russia is a problem. it is a problem becasue we have morons who cant get hte cold war thinking out of their head.

russia and the us are competitors, not nuclear adversaries like before. why cant we simply let them run their sphere and we run ours (heh, kinda like mob families) and try to get some good trade and cooperation between both countries.

but NOOOOO!!!! idiots on both sides of the bering sea are stuck in antiquated thinking. liberate both countries leaderships of this nonsense thinking. russia and the us could easily run the joint placing china in check, while we are at it, invite the indians in on the deal.

that neuters islam and china at the same time.

127. bluliner10
    129 | October 23, 2012 4:16 pm

yep

128. 130 | October 23, 2012 4:47 pm

i’ll wager it has something to do with a certain epithet?