Why Thomas Peterffy is voting Republican and putting this ad on television

by 1389AD ( 18 Comments › )
Filed under Business, Communism, Elections 2012, Environmentalism, Republican Party, Socialism at November 1st, 2012 - 11:00 am

Thomas Peterffy – Freedom To Succeed

Published on Oct 10, 2012 by Thomas Peterffy

Thomas Peterffy grew up in socialist Hungary. Despite the fact that he could not speak English when he immigrated to the United States in 1956, Thomas fulfilled the American dream. With hard work and dedication, he started a business that today employs thousands of people. In the 1970s, Thomas bought a seat on the American Stock Exchange. He played a key role in developing the electronic trading of securities and is the founder of Interactive Brokers, an online discount brokerage firm with offices all over the world.

Now this is important!

Even if you don’t live in a “battleground state” with regard to the US Presidency, your vote still matters a great deal. We need your votes for GOP candidates in the races for US Senate, US House, governor, state legislature, and other state, county, and local offices.

Let’s stick together here! The RINO hunt season is closed between the primary and general elections!

Tags:

Comments

18 Responses to “Why Thomas Peterffy is voting Republican and putting this ad on television”

1 | November 1, 2012 11:11 am

“RINO season!”

“Prog season!”

“RINO season!”

“Prog season!”

2. 2 | November 1, 2012 11:40 am

I will ask the question here that I ask elsewhere -- what has this SCOAMF done in the last four years that you’d like to see more of?

My very libturd “friend” (the one I snarked at that she’s so party oriented she’d vote for Hitler if he ran as a “D”) told me she was so thrilled to see that every American would now have health coverage and didn’t I think that was important? To which I replied:

1. “Coverage” and “care” are not synonymous. That fact that you have health insurance is not a guarantee that you will actually get all the care you want.

2. Yes, isn’t it just wonderful that supposedly 30,000,000 people now can see a doctor whenever they want -- oh, and where are the doctors to treat these 30,000,000 new folks going to come from? Especially since 10% of practicing physicians have said they will be leaving the profession once Obamacare becomes law.

3. Also please explain to Medicare recipients why they can no longer have Medicare Advantage or why they can’t find a physician because the reimbursement rate is so low that they won’t accept Medicare patients.

4. There are three medical programs administered by the government -- the VA, Medicare, and the Indian Health Program. ALL OF THEM are fiscally collapsing and have the highest rate of treatment refusal.

Yeah, Obamacare -- can’t wait. It’ll be great as long as you don’t get sick.

3 | November 1, 2012 11:45 am

@ Carolina Girl:

I’m a perfect example of that. I got a letter about 10 days ago from the VA enrollment office in DC saying that I’m entitled to care.

A few days later, I got a letter from the VA clinic here saying that, while I’m entitled to care, they don’t have any available appointments for as far out as their scheduling system can go. They’re going to send me another letter when something comes up.

I guess I can frame the letter and put it on the wall, but that’s about all it’s good for.

4. 4 | November 1, 2012 11:54 am

And the VA is exactly what all healthcare (except the private healthcare for the very wealthy) will become under ObamaCare. I believe that is the intent of ObamaCare. They want a two-teired system where the vast majority of the people get service that is way below what we receive today, and the “Elites” with the political connection sget top-notch care. They don’t seem to realize that the free market is what makes the top-notch care even possible. The former Soviet Union did no tboast great innovation in health care, even though it, too, had this “universal” care. They don’t ask themselves “Why not?” They don’t care.

5. 5 | November 1, 2012 11:55 am

@ Carolina Girl:

The people with decent healthcare now will be screwed while those with none will be given an illusion thereof. No one wins.

6. 6 | November 1, 2012 11:58 am

@ MacDuff:

We are in the midst of open enrollment -- we have been told that our “low deductible” plan is no longer available because it is considered a “Cadillac Plan.”

7 | November 1, 2012 11:59 am

You don’t even have to look at the Soviet Union. Just look at Canada.

It’s easy to get an MRI in Canada--for a dog.

It’s damn near impossible for a human to get one, though.

Why? Because the government controls the health care system used for people, and the veterinary system is run by the free market.

8 | November 1, 2012 12:02 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

I finally had to pay out of pocket for an appointment with my doctor the other day, in order to get a prescription refilled. $102 for the office visit, and $48 for the prescription from WalMart (which used to be $10).

Yeah, that government-provided “free” health care is working great for me…

9. bluliner10
    9 | November 1, 2012 12:05 pm

Lobo how close are you to retiring? I am not thrilled with my “first” VA experience of buying a VA Foreclosure. Somehow, I figured they would be happy trying to get a property off the taxpayer books and into a homebuyers books. I was wrong. The next is retirement and switching from DoD to DVA. Not sure I am thrilled with that so far. Your vignette does little for my confidence.

10 | November 1, 2012 12:13 pm

bluliner10 wrote:

I’m a reservist, so my experience may not be the same as yours. I can transfer to the Retired Reserve anytime I want, but I won’t start drawing retirement pay (and getting the rest of the benefits that go with it) until 2020, regardless.

VA is a disaster at this point, on all fronts. Since I spent 5 years on active duty in support of OIF/OEF, I was granted an additional year of GI Bill benefits. Since I didn’t plan to use them, and my (now ex-) wife was in grad school, I transferred my benefits to her. That took over 9 months to accomplish. It took days just to get in touch with a human on the phone to find out what was going on.

11. 11 | November 1, 2012 12:17 pm

There is a reason that the town of Bangor, Maine, with a population of around 60,000, has 12 hospitals.

Canadians.

12 | November 1, 2012 12:21 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Canadians.

Exactly

13. 13 | November 1, 2012 12:22 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Like I said, two teirs of care: one for the plebians and ne for the patricians. Mexico may become famous for their hospitals if ObamaCare holds. It would take som etime for them to build up, but they coul dhire doctors from the United States, and facilities ca be built if the money is there. Of course, if ObamaCare holds, in 20 years the best doctors won’t be ones educated in the United States, anyway. Socialism is a leech. It drains the life out of everything that it comes in contact with.

14 | November 1, 2012 12:25 pm

Americans have been going to Mexico for medical and dental care for years, although it’s probably slowed down some recently due to the violence.

15. 15 | November 1, 2012 12:30 pm

I worked for the VA’s research department back in the 80′s. Health Systems Reseach and Development Field Program, to be exact. I saw a considerable amount of inefficiency, with long waiting times in the emergency room and even for scheduled appointments. I don’t think it has gotten any better in 30 years. In the 80′s I learned that the State of Utah had more CAT machines than the entire United Kingdom.

16. 16 | November 1, 2012 12:35 pm

@ father_of_10:

They are going to take the best health care system the world has ever seen and destroy it in the name of equality. All the while knowing that they will be able to get their premium health care elsewhere. And some people are eating it up because they think they’ll get something for “free”. Poll show that a solid majority still wants it repealed, though. We’ll see if that effects the election any.

17. 17 | November 1, 2012 4:10 pm

Reliable sources tell me that you can get good (and low-priced) care in Chile, with no worries about violence. The big expense will be the airfare and the unpleasantness of being groped by the TSA on your way out.

18. Tanker
    18 | November 1, 2012 11:26 pm

@ bluliner10:

Some advice for you from someone dealing with TRICARE and the VA. Do all you can through TRICARE (I now have Prime, switching to Standard though), getting the VA appointment isn’t the worst of dealing with them. The care sucks more than Chrisy Matthews. If you have to deal with VA do it some place other than Marion, Illinois. I have flat refused to go back to that hell hole. Have been working to get transferred to Nashville, Tn.

Good Luck!