BULLITT: The Great Chase Scene-OOT

by huckfunn ( 205 Comments › )
Filed under Cars & Trucks, Movies, OOT, Open thread at November 3rd, 2012 - 10:20 pm

I was flipping through the channels the other night and saw that the old Steve McQueen hit movie Bullitt was on. I tuned in just as the bad guys in the black ’68 Charger goosed it, made a hard, tire-smoking left turn and the chase through the hills of San Francisco was on. The chase scene was a classic match-up between 2 classic muscle cars; a 1968 Charger equipped with a 375 hp 440 Magnum  and a 1968 Mustang Fastback GT fastback packing a Ford 325 hp 390 cu motor. Two of each car were used during the filming which took weeks and resulted in 9 minutes of film time. Classic car enthusiasts will be pleased to see many classic cars from the 50’s and 60’s in the background. I spotted ’57 and ’58 Cadillacs, a bathtub Porsche convertible and a variety of other venerable old land yachts. Pay close attention and you’ll see that the Charger loses 4 hubcaps while in town, and one more on the open road. However, in all of the closeup open road shots the Charger has all of its hubcaps.  Early in the chase you’ll see that they pass the same forest green VW Bug twice.

So, go to full screen, crank up your speakers and buckle up. It’s a wild ride and just the thing for a Saturday night OOT.

For more reading on the making of Bullitt click on this article; THE GREATEST CHASE OF ALL; An inside look at how they filmed BULLITT, the granddaddy of car pursuit movies.

Comments

205 Responses to “BULLITT: The Great Chase Scene-OOT”

1 | November 3, 2012 10:37 pm

Someone should do a thread on automobile personalities. When you look at cars in moves that have a certain identity appeal, they are all from the 60′s and 70′s. The latest honda civic is a just a project managers money dream and will never pick up a chick or catch a bank robber. Unless you are herbie of course, but that was a random roll of the dice by a forgiving god.

2 | November 3, 2012 10:48 pm

@ darkwords:
    I was born in ’52. As a child I was looking at all those cars from the late 40′s and early 50′s. They had very expressive faces. The Buicks had big teeth. The Packards and Nash’s had sour faces. The Pontiacs looked angry.

3 | November 3, 2012 11:03 pm

The open road scenes are on US1 heading south to Pacifica. Driven that road many times.

They Bay Area is full of lefty psychos but I miss the place.
    SF is a beautiful city but the people are whacked.

4. Bordm
    4 | November 3, 2012 11:07 pm

Actually, the same green VW bug is seen 4 times in that sequence.

5 | November 3, 2012 11:16 pm

@ The Osprey:
    @ The Osprey:
    I spent 4 months out there in 1999. We stayed in Concord and rode the BART downtown to Market & and about 3rd. I really enjoyed it. Great food, weird people. Going to work was like going to the zoo everyday. The maniacs, weirdo’s and stumblebums were a real trip.

6 | November 3, 2012 11:20 pm

Bordm wrote:

Actually, the same green VW bug is seen 4 times in that sequence.

Yep. 2 scenes going downhill passing the VW and 2 scenes looking uphill as the chase comes down the hill and passes the VW.

7 | November 3, 2012 11:27 pm

@ huckfunn:

I like the avenues out toward the beach on Geary. Lots of good Irish bars, Asian restaurants and Russian delis.
    Not as many psycho freaks as downtown or the Haight. :lol:

8 | November 3, 2012 11:28 pm

Hey does anyone know the word that describes those woven, Mexican hoodie things?

9 | November 3, 2012 11:30 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

When I lived in Alamogordo we called them Juarez letter jackets. :twisted:

10. Bordm
    10 | November 3, 2012 11:33 pm

@ huckfunn:

Yep, lots of ‘errors’ in the movie, each time I watch it I spot another. I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve seen it, it’s still one of the greatest action movies of the 60′s.

11 | November 3, 2012 11:35 pm

LMAO!

I just got a new, used car that was in great shape, but a big gouge out of the top of the steering wheel. I bought a cover for it today at Sears, and it’s made of that material. I was trying to describe it in an e-mail.

Did you ever put one those on? Holy Toledo!

I had to open the door to use the ground for leverage, I’m occasionally hitting the horn in the parking lot, and my wife is asking me questions like “Are all steering wheels the same size?”

12 | November 3, 2012 11:36 pm

Repost from earlier, because I feel like sharing more!!

Or I’m just an attention whore;-):

Got a feel-good story to share!

On my way back from Sears and Longhorn the Mrs. and I got stuck in traffic due to an accident.

I pulled up slowly next to a pickup wearing Utah plates and anti-Obama stickers, rolled my window down, and commented to the girl in the passenger seat that I couldn’t wait for Election Day.

She responded that her and her husband were flying 2000 miles to Utah just to vote, and then flying back because they couldn’t register here in time.

13. 13 | November 3, 2012 11:37 pm

@ huckfunn:

Gee, I spent one week there in ’99 and I got the same reaction!

14 | November 3, 2012 11:38 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

“Is that a real Mexican poncho, or a Sears poncho?”
    - Frank Zappa

15. 15 | November 3, 2012 11:39 pm

@ Bumr50:

Those covers can indeed be a pain in the ass sometimes.

16 | November 3, 2012 11:43 pm

@ The Osprey:

Heavy, man.

17 | November 3, 2012 11:49 pm

I spent 6 months in the East Bay area back in 2007.

I’ve never been so happy to leave a place in my life.

18 | November 3, 2012 11:50 pm

I am drinking tequila at a bar in PHX right now and all this talk of the Bay Area is giving me “savage flashbacks” as Hunter S. Thompson would say…

“We can’t stop here…this is bat country”.

19 | November 3, 2012 11:56 pm

Where in the East Bay? Oakland? Berzerkeley?

20 | November 4, 2012 12:02 am

The Osprey wrote:

Where in the East Bay? Oakland? Berzerkeley?

I was TDY at Camp Parks (Dublin), and lived at a Residence Inn in San Ramon.

21 | November 4, 2012 12:07 am

The Osprey wrote:

Where in the East Bay? Oakland? Berzerkeley?

I was TDY at Camp Parks (Dublin), and lived at a Residence Inn in San Ramon.

Could have been worse! You could have been in Oakland!

22 | November 4, 2012 12:20 am

@ The Osprey:

Could have been worse! You could have been in Oakland!

The only thing the Army would use Oakland for is target practice.

23. Prebanned
    23 | November 4, 2012 1:00 am

Car chase starts at 54:20, lasts until 1:31.

24 | November 4, 2012 1:13 am

And so it begins.

25 | November 4, 2012 1:31 am

Obama supporter votes 5 times and gets away with it.

HAven’t been able to tell if it is true or not. But the guy doesn’t look that radical.

26 | November 4, 2012 1:37 am

Stephen Hanks. About as much of a low life as a person can be. UK Bristol Palin story.

27. 4_Sticks
    27 | November 4, 2012 2:33 am

@ huckfunn:
    Ah, just scrolled up from the bottom to see if anyone else made this observation. I guess it is that obvious (the VW). I caught something else too the other night that I had never noticed before but now can’t think of it for the life of me … should have made a note of it (upon all my other notes)
    Maybe after I sleep on it …

28. 28 | November 4, 2012 3:19 am

I dunno, guys… VWs were pretty damned ubiquitous back then, and that dark green was extremely popular. Had one myself.

29. 29 | November 4, 2012 6:45 am

Thinking about buying myself one of these…

Kind of a step down from that Mini Countryman S All4 I want, but then, it doesn’t have a turbo engine, the dealer is less than 5 miles away, and I’d save at least $ 7000. If only they’d drop the six-speed tranny in there and offer leather in a manual tranny vehicle… Well, The Mighty Geo still runs, so I guess there’s no hurry. But I would like to have at least one new car of my own before I kick the bucket. The wife is on her third, and even the daughters have had one each. Me, not so much…

30 | November 4, 2012 6:54 am

@ Mike C.:

$39.99 for a cigarette lighter.

Sheesh.

31. 31 | November 4, 2012 7:15 am

@ Bumr50:

Who gives a crap?

On the other hand, there’s this…

They’re as rare as hen’s teeth, though. But once, just once… I get another contract and I might just have my local dealer put my name in for one…

32 | November 4, 2012 7:30 am

@ Mike C.:

Almost looks like a little Porsche. Probably drives like one too.

I like these.

33 | November 4, 2012 7:31 am

Mike C. wrote:

Who gives a crap?

Just sayin’- the markup on that’s bigger than draft beer at a ball game…

34. 34 | November 4, 2012 7:42 am

The final Susquehanna Polling & Research Poll shows a 47-47% tie heading into the Tuesday election. This is good news. Pennsylvania is within reach. It’ll depend on voter turnout, now. That gives us an edge. We have the enthusiasm and the momentum going into Tuesday. If Obama can’t hold Pennsylvania, he cannot win. I am so very hopeful going into this election, but I so want to get it done.

35. 35 | November 4, 2012 7:44 am

Bumr50 wrote:

@ Mike C.:
    Almost looks like a little Porsche. Probably drives like one too.
    I like these.

If you mean the Scion FR-S, it’s the same car as the last Subaru I posted, It’s a Subaru/Toyota (Scion) joint venture. Subaru drive train and overall engineering, Toyota design.

36. 36 | November 4, 2012 7:51 am

@ Mike C.:

I didn’t get to drive it, but I did sit in the very first one my local dealer received. My thought was “I could drive this!” Hate the God-damned red stiching in the seats, though. I’m sorry, but I never thought red and black was a great color combo. But if I could overlook the white dinner plate-sized speedo in a Mini, I could get over the red stitching…

37 | November 4, 2012 7:51 am

@ Mike C.:

I like the vehicle, but wouldn’t want a rear wheel drive car for my daily runner here.

I just picked up a clean 06′ Hyundai Elantra hatch, and I’m hoping it lasts me until I can buy a new car.

These past three weeks dealing with craigslist, used car dealers, and working nights have jaded me to the point where I don’t want to have to go through that again.

38. 39 | November 4, 2012 8:16 am

@ Bumr50:

Well, I’ve always got access to the wife’s 2011 Outback if I need a serious car. But this is all just sort of fantasy anyway -- I’m still flogging the 96 Geo Metro. Still has less than 42 K miles on it. Pretty grim cometically, though.

39. 40 | November 4, 2012 8:17 am

Er, “cosmetically.”

40. theoutsider
    41 | November 4, 2012 8:34 am

@ Iron Fist:@ Iron Fist:
    The Husquehanna poll is Bs. I’ve told that you before. You don’t know that by now?

42 | November 4, 2012 8:40 am

The Husquehanna poll is Bs

Why?

43 | November 4, 2012 8:42 am

Bumr50 wrote:

The Husquehanna poll is Bs
    Why?

maybe you should simplify your question

43. 44 | November 4, 2012 8:44 am

Feh. Two more days, then we get answers. Excepting the inevitable Democratic challenges to anything that is even remotely close, that is.

Enough speculation and bullshitting… Let’s just throw the dice and see how they fall, eh? It’s the “Free Shit Army” v the “Free Army.” Let’s go..

44. 45 | November 4, 2012 8:47 am

@ theoutsider:

Actually, it is the most accurate poll in Pennsylvania:

If Romney wins Pennsylvania, the race is over. If the Obama campaign and the media ignore Susquehanna’s polling, they do so at their peril. Let’s take a quick look at the three most recent major statewide races in Pennsylvania, and how Susquehanna fared compared to their polling counterparts:

2010 US Senate Race -- Susquehanna was the only pollster to nail Pat Toomey’s two-point margin of victory over Joe Sestak. The media-despised Rasmussen Reports was second closest (two points off), while Quinnipiac and Public Policy Polling (the “real” pollsters) were off by three points.

2010 PA Governor’s Race -- Republican Tom Corbett won the race by eight points, 54-46. Susquehanna polled the race within one point, showing Corbett winning by seven points. Rasmussen, PPP, and Quinnipiac reported the same margin, resulting in a four-way tie in correctly predicting the race.

2008 Presidential Contest -- For those shocked at seeing Obama trailing Mitt Romney by four points in the latest Pennsylvania poll, the same polling outfit had Obama defeating McCain by 8 points four years ago. Obama won by 10. Although their final poll was done two weeks before election day, they actually polled within two points of the final results, along with PPP, Quinnipiac, and Survey USA. The results were closer than other state polls done by Rasmussen, ARG, Marist, and Morning Call.

In the last three statewide contests, Susquehanna had an average margin of error from the actual result of one point, making them Pennsylvania’s most accurate pollster.

I’ll take those odds. Hell, man, the poll I linked to last week that only had Obama up by four in Pennsylvania had a D+13 bias. You don’t really expect Obama to do better this year than in 2008, do you? Obama had a D+7 in Pennsylvania in 2008, so if the D+13 poll is accurate and you correct their egreigious error on the sample, Romney would be winning. Obama won’t get D+7 in Pennsylvania this time around, so all things being equal, it looks like Obama is going to have to fight hard for Pennsylvania. And if he loses Pennsylvania, it is all over for him. HE has to hold Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Ohio to win. That is a tall order for a President in a country where over 50% of the population thinks the country is on the wrong track.

45. theoutsider
    46 | November 4, 2012 8:49 am

@ theoutsider:
    It’s just not very reliable. Check Results.

46. 47 | November 4, 2012 8:51 am

On, and evven Minnesota is in play:

We’ve been reporting for close to a week that Minnesota, the bluest of blue states, which has voted for the Democratic candidate in every election since 1976, is very much in play for Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. Today, we got statistical confirmation that is the case via an American Future Fund poll. From the polling memo:

1. The Presidential ballot in Minnesota is a dead heat.

Mitt Romney has a one point lead on the ballot (46% Romney/45% Obama.). The demographics of the state clearly make Minnesota a battleground state.

2. Mitt Romney leads Independents by double digits.

As we are seeing across the country, Romney’s lead in the state is driven by Independent voters (49% Romney/36% Obama). Due to his consistent advantage with Independents, Romney leads or is tied with the President across the battleground states – even those that traditionally lean Democratic.

The findings of this poll comport with the non-statistical campaign trends for the state.

That independent lead is critical. If we get an R+0 or R+1 turnout (which Gallup is predicting), then Obama may be taost even in traditional Blue States. We have the momentum and we have the enthusiasm going into the critical phase of the election. The numbers simply aren’t there for Obama. If he were going to win, he’d have broken 50% nationally, and he hasn’t done that since the first debate.

47. theoutsider
    48 | November 4, 2012 8:56 am

Hey Iron Fist,
    What are you going to say to President Obama on his Reelection day? It hasn’t happened yet, but let’s get your response.

48. 49 | November 4, 2012 8:59 am

We can’t let this enthusiasm die down over the next few days. We’ve got to get every Romney voter & every Romney leaning voter out there.

Don’t let the thugs from the unions,the New Black Panthers, NAACP and the Occupiers stop you. Tell the UN goons to get stuffed.

Send Obama packing!

49. 50 | November 4, 2012 8:59 am

Jesus, guys -- enough with the freaking polls, eh? I can hear the proverbial Fat Lady running through scales in her dressing room. Let’s get ready to rumble!

Oh, and there are only two more shopping days until the election. If you’re in one of the “Free Shit Army” urban areas, you might want to check those supplies in case they lose. They’ve spent the last few weeks promising riots should that happen. Couldn’t hurt to be prepared…

50. 51 | November 4, 2012 9:00 am

@ theoutsider:

How will Queen Michelle react when she has to give up her taxpayer funded vacations?

51. 52 | November 4, 2012 9:01 am

@ theoutsider:

Congratulations. Now resign over Benghazi. Why do you defend the man who cut those people off to die? But in any event, that looks unlikely to happen. Instead, I’ll be congratulating Romney on defeating the SCOAMF. That will be one of th ebest days of my life. The choice in this campaing is start: continued failure and ultimately collapse under Barack Obama or the possibility of a brighter future under Romney. It’ll be tough for Romney to pull us out, and Reid has already indicated that he’ll keep trying to drive America over the cliff. I think we’ve got the Presidency sewn up, but I am not sure how the Senate will fall. If Romney wins big we’ll get it, but I think if it is close the Democrats may hang on. That’ll be bad for the country, but not as bad as Obama being re-elected. Obama being re-elected would be as bad for the Union as McClellan winning the 1864 election would have been.

53 | November 4, 2012 9:03 am

@ theoutsider:

What’s the primary reason that you support Barack Obama?

53. 54 | November 4, 2012 9:04 am

@ Mike C.:

I want to win the debate by the preponderance of the evidence, but it’ll be even more satisfying Tuesday night to gloat. I won’t be a good winner. I intend to gloat heavily :evil:

54. 55 | November 4, 2012 9:06 am

I won’t do it, since sending an email to the White House that says ‘bwahahaha’ would get me an IRS audit, but it’s tempting.

55. Guggi
    56 | November 4, 2012 9:06 am

@ theoutsider:
    It’s just not very reliable. Check Results.

Where are your links ? Or do we have to trust you because it’s you ?

56. theoutsider
    57 | November 4, 2012 9:14 am

@ Guggi:
    Can you google Guggi? Just find a legitimate source.

57. Guggi
    58 | November 4, 2012 9:15 am

Headline from one of our more important newspapers:

Obama: Zu fein, um ein Kämpfer zu sein

(Obama: to noble to fight)

58. 59 | November 4, 2012 9:15 am

Liberal paper, The New York Daily News just endorsed Romney!

59. Guggi
    60 | November 4, 2012 9:17 am

@ Guggi:
    Can you google Guggi? Just find a legitimate source.

You claim something and I should google ? Are you serious ? I’m not your slave and you can quit this slaveholder mentality.

I want to see some facts for your claims and YOU’ll provide them not I.

60. theoutsider
    61 | November 4, 2012 9:19 am

What are you talking about? Give it to me in wingnut language? It’s total bullshit that has been debunked the last week.

61. 62 | November 4, 2012 9:24 am

@ Guggi:

hE CAN’T PROVIDE FACTS. aLL HE CAN POSSIBLY FO IS LINK TO nATE sILVER, WHO CAN’T BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. sILVER USES ONLINE POLLS IN HIS CALCULATIONS, AND ONLINE POLLS ARE NOT RELIABLE AT ALL. tHEY ARE TOO EASY TO GAME, AND THEIR SAMPLES AREN’T EVEN REMOTELY REPRESENTATIVE. iT IS, IN A WORD, JUNK.

I absolutely hate the caps lock key. I’m not going to retype that, though :P

62. 63 | November 4, 2012 9:27 am

@ theoutsider:

You’ve not heard about Benghazi? How blind are you? That should tell our readers all they need to know about you and your agenda.

63. 64 | November 4, 2012 9:29 am

Still having a hard time understanding why any of you are talking to this supposed person… It doesn’t respond to specific questions or presented evidence, so what’s the point?

Well, whatever -- carry on…

64. unclassifiable
    65 | November 4, 2012 9:33 am

I have a bit of despair over this election mainly because I was one of those cheerleaders last time that said “the only poll that matters is elections day”. Well the polls for the most part were accurate and McCain lost. Funny thing is I am not sure I would have been voting Libertarian by this point if he had won (or any number of weirder scenarios — but I digress).

One thing that I have found a little comfort in is the inventive snark of comments on the online news sites. Like this one today in response to one of the “hope and changers” once again trying to change the subject:

I don’t always double-down on utter stupidity.
    But when I do, I vote obama.

Stay jobless, my friends.

Priceless:D

66 | November 4, 2012 9:36 am

@ Mike C.:

Like the stinkbugs in my apartment, their numbers are dwindling, and soon they will be completely gone.

66. Prebanned
    67 | November 4, 2012 9:38 am

theoutsider wrote:

He said, (as I understood it) “President Obama is toast, finished, done, already gone. However, the Dims can still destroy the country if they hang on to the Senate”

So cheer up, all is not lost, the Dims can still wreck the country if they hang on to the Senate.

67. 68 | November 4, 2012 9:41 am

@ theoutsider:

[GAZE]

68. unclassifiable
    69 | November 4, 2012 9:42 am

Here’s another one:

Administration Uninstall

>>>>>>>>>_|

95% complete

69. theoutsider
    70 | November 4, 2012 9:42 am

@ Iron Fist<@ Iron Fist:
    Heard of the Washington Post? Can you reference them?

70. 71 | November 4, 2012 9:43 am

@ Prebanned:

Exactly. The Outsider is willfully ignorant, or pretends to be. Notice that he never provides any links to back up his assertions. That is because his assertions are always wrong. HE simply can’t back up what he says.

71. Guggi
    72 | November 4, 2012 9:50 am

@ Prebanned:

And that’s why he is a troll.

72. Prebanned
    73 | November 4, 2012 9:53 am

He is a little better than ferb.
    Ferb hangs out here to derail the conversation.
    I do not think Ferb cares who wins, he is probably doing the same thing at huffington post or kos.
    Ferb wants everyone else to be as miserable as he is.

The outsider on the other hand wants Obama to win.
    Otherwise his motivations are the same as ferb’s.

74 | November 4, 2012 9:54 am

@ Guggi:
    @ Guggi:
    he’s also a very unhappy person, the surly, insecure type

74. 75 | November 4, 2012 10:02 am

@ Guggi:

I don’t worry about him. We have lots of readers who don’t post. They are the one’s I am trying to reach with my responses. Really, the Outsider helps us. Undecideds who read us can see the difference between his unscourced opinions an dour assertions backed up by links and cogent writing. It is important.

75. Guggi
    76 | November 4, 2012 10:02 am

heysoos wrote:

@ Guggi:
    @ Guggi:
    he’s also a very unhappy person, the surly, insecure type

It’s not so bad to disagree in a discussion but you have to have at least some arguments and provide some facts not only “claims”.

76. Guggi
    77 | November 4, 2012 10:03 am

@ Guggi:

That’s why I told ferb that he gives a bad picture of Germans.

77. 78 | November 4, 2012 10:13 am

Guggi wrote:

Headline from one of our more important newspapers:
    Obama: Zu fein, um ein Kämpfer zu sein
    (Obama: to noble to fight)

Of course the author would praise him …..
    Written by a well known Marxist, Robert Misik.

78. 79 | November 4, 2012 10:14 am

The Wisconsin State Journal endorses Romney! Just the latest LIBERAL paper to flip from Barry to Mitt!

79. theoutsider
    80 | November 4, 2012 10:15 am

@ Iron Fist:@ Iron Fist:
    I’m the best person you have got engaging you today. Who is going to be talking to you on Wednesday, Iron Fist. It won’t be me.

80. Guggi
    81 | November 4, 2012 10:16 am

Peter wrote:

Of course the author would praise him …..
    Written by a well known Marxist, Robert Misik.

Yep and he quotes Benjamin Barber who has told him that Sandy will push Obama to a victory. Doubtful from what I’ve seen.

81. 82 | November 4, 2012 10:16 am

Y’all are discussing this as if it matters. 2 days until the feacal matter hits the air motion machinery. Then we shall see what we shall see.

Clean the weapons, fill the magazines, then wait to see what goes down. If you are so inclined, pray that the first two items are uneccessary.

82. Guggi
    83 | November 4, 2012 10:17 am

It won’t be me.

but me and many others.

83. eaglesoars
    84 | November 4, 2012 10:18 am

It won’t be me.

Promise?

So Bloomi makes an unannounced visit to the outer burroughs and gets an earful. His response?

“You’ve got to understand people’s frustration,” the mayor said. “They’re cold, they’re tired, they lost a lot. Sometimes we all get a little bit overanxious, if you will.”

84. theoutsider
    85 | November 4, 2012 10:22 am

@ Urban Infidel:
    What kind of rag is that? I used to listen to your radio show. Why should I read that?

85. Moe Katz
    86 | November 4, 2012 10:23 am

Guggi wrote:

The states that are in play were all or mostly out of the path of Sandy, therefore I doubt much halo effect for Obama in terms of electoral votes. Is that understandable or should I clarify?

86. Guggi
    87 | November 4, 2012 10:27 am

Moe Katz wrote:

Is that understandable or should I clarify?

It is understandable

87. Moe Katz
    88 | November 4, 2012 10:28 am

@ Guggi:
    Thank you.

88. John Difool
    89 | November 4, 2012 10:30 am

So apparently the crack election sleuth & race detective aka Chuckles Johansen has exclusively uncovered a video that shows Mitt Romney having an on air meltdown over his Mormon beliefs, specifically where women’s rights & abortion are concerned.

Only problem is it’s from 2007 & lots of folks already know about it.

Predictably he refuses to admit it’s old & has doubled-down on ridiculous.

89. Guggi
    90 | November 4, 2012 10:31 am

Urban Infidel wrote:

I don’t get this (from your link):

Obama is the more likeable candidate and inspiring speaker.

Everyone who has seen the interview with Jon Stewart could see that he is still the old stuttering clusterfuck he always has been.

90. 91 | November 4, 2012 10:31 am

@ Urban Infidel:

Just out of idle curiosity, what state do you reside in? I’ll go first, if you like -- I’m from Virginia.

91. John Difool
    92 | November 4, 2012 10:32 am

Mike C. wrote:

@ Urban Infidel:
    Just out of idle curiosity, what state do you reside in? I’ll go first, if you like — I’m from Virginia.

I’m going with Washington, Oregon or California.

92. John Difool
    93 | November 4, 2012 10:37 am

@ Mike C.:

I predict Wednesday morning he’ll be from the state of shock.

94 | November 4, 2012 10:39 am

@ Mike C.:

I predict Wednesday morning he’ll be from the state of shock.

After which he’ll move on to the state of denial, where he’ll claim that Romney “stole” the election since the results don’t match Nate Silver’s garbage.

94. John Difool
    95 | November 4, 2012 10:40 am

@ Mike C.:
    I predict Wednesday morning he’ll be from the state of shock.

Well of course, he & many others. Which is why I hope it’s a landslide & not even close.

96 | November 4, 2012 10:40 am

@ Urban Infidel:

Funny…that’s my reaction to you pushing Nate Silver’s crap from the NY Times.

Have they started giving it away at supermarkets yet?

96. theoutsider
    97 | November 4, 2012 10:43 am

This is my suggestion. Blow me off if you want. A Blogmocracy radio show on Wednesday the 7th, No matter who wins or who loses.

97. rain of lead
    98 | November 4, 2012 10:43 am

mornin ya’ll
    nice to see ya’ll playing with the outsider like a cat plays with a mouse

98. John Difool
    99 | November 4, 2012 10:44 am

New York Daily News to endorse Romney. NYT-Jazeera, mouth-piece of the communists since 1939

99. John Difool
    100 | November 4, 2012 10:44 am

theoutsider wrote:

Why would you demand a radio show you have no intention of showing up for?

100. 101 | November 4, 2012 10:46 am

I wasn’t pushing any sort of agenda with that question. I know rock-solid conservatives that live in the most liberal shitholes, and liberals that live in the reddest of states. I was just curious.

101. John Difool
    102 | November 4, 2012 10:46 am

I wonder if the reason he calls himself outsider is because he lives outside in his sisters garage like this other guy we know?

103 | November 4, 2012 10:48 am

I continue to have this terrible vision of Comrade Obama running through the corridors of the WH late Tuesday night with a hatchet and a can of spray paint. :sad:

104 | November 4, 2012 10:48 am

theoutsider wrote:

nobody cares about your empty suggestion….you type blab here because you’re not even worthy at lgf

104. John Difool
    105 | November 4, 2012 10:50 am

huckfunn wrote:

If he swings a hatchet like he throws a ball he’s liable to cut his own hand off.

105. 106 | November 4, 2012 10:55 am

Mike C. wrote:
    @ Urban Infidel:

I’m going with Washington, Oregon or California.

The only way he’s from California, is, if he’s Northern Coastal, and yes… Northern Coastal does rhyme with went postal and most of the folks in Northern Coastal California are one squirrel shit nut short of postal.

106. 107 | November 4, 2012 10:56 am

@ Urban Infidel:

Not sure what you mean. Have you never heard of the NY Daily News?

108 | November 4, 2012 10:57 am

@ eaglesoars:

Another Bloomberg/Obama screwup:

Free gas fiasco fuels frustration, chaos in N.Y.

Free gas came with gallons of chaos.

Thousands of fuel-starved New Yorkers were able to get much-needed gasoline from the government at no cost yesterday, but not without a high-octane fit of confusion and double talk from state and federal authorities.

The trouble-plagued giveaway began when Gov. Cuomo’s office announced in the morning that officials would try to ease the post-Sandy gas crisis by giving out free fuel to both “emergency vehicles and the general public.”

The gas was to be dispensed from trucks at five locations around the area — and throngs of desperate drivers showed up to fill their tanks.

But by the afternoon Cuomo spokesman Matt Wing rolled back the offer of free gas, announcing that fuel was intended for emergency vehicles first and foremost.

The change came after the U.S. Department of Defense — which provided the gas in coordination with the National Guard — said the gas was only for first responders.

A Cuomo administration source blamed the mixup on the military.

109 | November 4, 2012 10:58 am

@ Urban Infidel:
    Are they the paper that bought out The Daily Planet?

109. John Difool
    110 | November 4, 2012 11:00 am

I used to joke that with Democrats in charge we would all be living in a real life Mad Max movie before long, fighting in the streets over gasoline and such.

Now it’s become a reality.

110. Alberta Oil Peon
    111 | November 4, 2012 11:04 am

@ huckfunn:
    I expect one of his last acts will be to carve his initials in the top of the Resolute Desk.

112 | November 4, 2012 11:04 am

John Difool wrote:

Now it’s become a reality.

Amen to that. Everything they touch turns into a full blown fustercluck. What more could one expect from a gaggle of academicians who have never created anything and view the world as a petri dish for their goombah social experiments.

113 | November 4, 2012 11:05 am

John Difool wrote:

Now it’s become a reality.

I read where there is 40-50% of the usual stash around the city but no electricity….8m people and nobody thought to open the tanks, drop a hose down and pump it out

114 | November 4, 2012 11:06 am

John Difool wrote:
    Now it’s become a reality.

just look how they ruined the outsider….turned him into a drooling bot

115 | November 4, 2012 11:07 am

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

@ huckfunn:

I hope the WH steward made a careful pre-0 inventory of the silverware and crockery.

115. John Difool
    116 | November 4, 2012 11:08 am

heysoos wrote:

John Difool wrote:
    Now it’s become a reality.

I’m betting the problem isn’t so much as supply but can be attributed to over-regulation & non-union truck drivers shipping it in, probably with potable water & food too.

With Democrats politics always trump humanitarianism or they play politics with humanitarianism….same deal.

117 | November 4, 2012 11:10 am

@ John Difool:
    get the MOB on it….problem solved

118 | November 4, 2012 11:11 am

Obama is still using the same lines in his stump speech today about how “al Qaeda is on the run.”

Shameless.

Ambassador Stevens and three other Americans are unavailable for comment.

119 | November 4, 2012 11:11 am

heysoos wrote:

just look how they ruined the outsider….turned him into a drooling bot

I get the feeling that he/she/it has been a lifelong drooler.

119. 120 | November 4, 2012 11:11 am

@ Urban Infidel:
    Are they the paper that bought out The Daily Planet?

They ARE The Daily Planet…

120. John Difool
    121 | November 4, 2012 11:12 am

In the 80′s my dad delivered a truckload of frozen food to a cold storage warehouse in NYC. He got paid extra to unload the cargo himself. Once at dock he was informed that not only could he not unload his own cargo he would have to pay a union guy $300 to do it.

He basically gave them a choice, either they let him do it or he was taking his load back to Richmond.

After several phone calls & lots of red tape they finally gave him the go-ahead to do it….about 8 hrs. later.

122 | November 4, 2012 11:14 am

heysoos wrote:
    just look how they ruined the outsider….turned him into a drooling bot
    I get the feeling that he/she/it has been a lifelong drooler.

I was just trying to squeeze a twofer out of it….if liberals cannot attract enough natural bots, they can manufacture them…

122. John Difool
    123 | November 4, 2012 11:14 am

Shameless.
    Ambassador Stevens and three other Americans are unavailable for comment.

Still looking for it but I saw on Twitter that in a campaign speech in Ohio today Obama compared the Romney/Ryan campaign to Hitler & somewhere Valerie Jarrett said that if Romney is elected we’ll all be living in a police-state.

You know you’ve lost the argument when…..

123. 124 | November 4, 2012 11:15 am

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:
    @ huckfunn:

Inventory of the Whitehouse Crockery: One Barack Obama, check, One Moochell Obama, check, two little Obama girls, Check, One very scared Portuguese Water Dog… Ok… where’s the Portuguese Water Dog?

124. John Difool
    125 | November 4, 2012 11:18 am

doriangrey wrote:

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:
    @ huckfunn:

Imagine Bo on the phone with the police who are talking him through being harassed by a deranged man who is making repeated phone calls threatening to eat him:

The Phone Call Is Coming From Inside The House……It’s Coming From Inside The House !

126 | November 4, 2012 11:20 am

doriangrey wrote:

Ok… where’s the Portuguese Water Dog?

You’re right. BO’s been mysteriously absent from any coverage lately. Issa and Grassley need to open another another doggone investigation.

126. 127 | November 4, 2012 11:21 am

huckfunn wrote:

Issa and Grassley need to open another another doggone investigation.

ROTFLMAO… I see what you did there… :twisted:

127. John Difool
    128 | November 4, 2012 11:24 am

Bo is a Portugese Water Dog….so I imagine he’ll be plenty juicy coming out of the oven this Thanksgiving.

129 | November 4, 2012 11:26 am

John Difool wrote:

I can’t see the Obamas actually celebrating Thanksgiving.

129. John Difool
    130 | November 4, 2012 11:30 am

John Difool wrote:

I can’t see the Obamas actually celebrating Thanksgiving.

O.k., Ramadan then

131 | November 4, 2012 11:31 am

and then there’s this…from Chicago

BO gets sucker punched by his very own peeps…second story like this

132 | November 4, 2012 11:31 am

doriangrey wrote:

ROTFLMAO… I see what you did there…

:cool:

132. John Difool
    133 | November 4, 2012 11:33 am

heysoos wrote:

and then there’s this…from Chicago
    BO gets sucker punched by his very own peeps…second story like this

Suspicious media black-out on that one….no pun intended

134 | November 4, 2012 11:35 am

@ heysoos:

The protesters waved anti-union signs, anti-NAACP, anti-Rainbow Push, and signs reading “Rahm Hates Black People” in front of the studio as Kathy Brock and Alan Krashesky broadcasted the evening news. They demanded their voices be heard and criticized Emanuel for acting in cahoots with community-organizing front groups ACORN and ACTION Now to put properties in the community into the organizations’ hands. These actions by the Mayor and the corrupt “Chicago Machine” have ensured that construction work only goes to the unions, effectively keeping the residents of the community unemployed.

Wow…the wheels are coming off…

134. John Difool
    135 | November 4, 2012 11:37 am

If you’ve lost the blacks in Chicago….

No wonder the O campaign is resorting to juvenile LGF like scare tactics in it’s final days.

136 | November 4, 2012 11:41 am

According to FEMA:

The entire federal family continues to lean forward to support the states, tribes and communities in their ongoing response efforts as they work to save lives. We also continue to work with the entire emergency management team, including with our state, tribal and local partners, the voluntary and faith-based community, the private sector, and we continue to encourage the public to be safe and listen to the direction of their state, tribal and local officials.

But then there’s reality:

FEMA’s vaunted “lean forward” strategy that called for advanced staging of supplies for emergency distribution failed to live up to its billing in the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.

In fact, the agency appears to have been completely unprepared to distribute bottled water to Hurricane Sandy victims when the storm hit this Monday. In contrast to its stated policy, FEMA failed to have any meaningful supplies of bottled water — or any other supplies, for that matter — stored in nearby facilities as it had proclaimed it would on its website. This was the case despite several days advance warning of the impending storm.

FEMA only began to solicit bids for vendors to provide bottled water for distribution to Hurricane Sandy victims on Friday, sending out a solicitation request for 2.3 million gallons of bottled water at the FedBizOpps.gov website. Bidding closed at 4:30 pm eastern.

They might be able to fool the public on something like Benghazi, but people know what’s happening on the ground in Long Island.

137 | November 4, 2012 11:45 am

I guess it really is hard to stage supplies in advance of something like a hurricane. I mean, it’s not like it spent several days moving north at 15 mph, or there were computer models showing where it was going to hit, or anything.

138 | November 4, 2012 11:46 am

heysoos wrote:

and then there’s this…from Chicago

BO gets sucker punched by his very own peeps…second story like this

Now there’s some peeps who are tired of being kept on the dem plantation. The local GOP needs to get in there and talk to those folks.

139 | November 4, 2012 11:48 am

I believe Budweiser has been canning water for a couple of days now…where I have no idea, but then packed, trucked, unpacked, distributed…this entire part of the story is downright criminal

140 | November 4, 2012 11:50 am

heysoos wrote:

I think it’s coming from South Carolina.

I’m sure the city or state will manage to screw that up somehow, though.

140. John Difool
    141 | November 4, 2012 11:54 am

heysoos wrote:

I think it’s coming from South Carolina.
    I’m sure the city or state will manage to screw that up somehow, though.

But most importantly was it packaged in a union plant, using union labor & then delivered by a union trucker?

This is what thirsty people are most concerned about.

142 | November 4, 2012 11:55 am

heysoos wrote:

I think it’s coming from South Carolina.
    I’m sure the city or state will manage to screw that up somehow, though.

probably….the whole thing up there is very discouraging…too many people failed to prepare and relying on the various agencies is a loser…a double whammy

142. 143 | November 4, 2012 11:55 am

Holy cow, NY Newsday just endorsed Romney too! That is not a conservative paper at all.

144 | November 4, 2012 11:56 am

I was wrong. It’s a plant in Georgia.

145 | November 4, 2012 11:58 am

@ John Difool:

This is what thirsty people are most concerned about.

I’m sure they’ll be fine. I mean FEMA solicited bids on Friday for food and water.

146 | November 4, 2012 11:59 am

where are those Navy amphibs?…where are all the big ass choppers that fly huge bladders of water around the ME….it’s just friggin water

147 | November 4, 2012 12:01 pm

@ heysoos:

Just think what would happen to NYC in the event of a catastrophic loss of power or communications infrastructure for several months, like after a massive solar flare or an EMP event.

It would look like an episode of The Walking Dead.

147. 148 | November 4, 2012 12:01 pm

Bumper sticker of the week!

148. John Difool
    149 | November 4, 2012 12:02 pm

heysoos wrote:

There is a simple way to desalinate or purify your own water in desperate situations but I wouldn’t expect your average New Yorker to know that.

149. John Difool
    150 | November 4, 2012 12:03 pm

@ heysoos:
    It would look like an episode of The Walking Dead.

Speaking of, Hines Ward is making a cameo tonight as a zombie on The Walking Dead.

Ben Rothlisburger makes a cameo next week…..look for the zombie going around sexually assaulting people instead of biting them.

151 | November 4, 2012 12:05 pm

@ John Difool:
    fly the bladders over to a fire hydrant in Jersey, fill the damned things, fly them to a parking lot and set it down….repeat

152 | November 4, 2012 12:05 pm

Surfing the morning programs , I landed on NBC.
    The Libs, Cokie Roberts & Matthew Dowd etc are
    really very smug & confident.
    They were mocking anybody who actually thinks that Romney can win.
    I do hope that they get it handed to them on Tuesday.

153 | November 4, 2012 12:06 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

Bumper sticker of the week!

:mrgreen:

154 | November 4, 2012 12:07 pm

@ heysoos:

It would look like an episode of The Walking Dead.

It’s gonna get real ugly real quick up there. I predict riots the day after the election and it won’t be about politics. It will be about groceries, heat and gasoline.

154. 155 | November 4, 2012 12:10 pm

@ John Difool:
    Brooklyn and Queens residents are arming themselves against looters. I’m pretty sure folks on Staten Island are doing the same.

155. 156 | November 4, 2012 12:11 pm

I was wrong. It’s a plant in Georgia.

Budweiser has done that for a very long time. Back during the 2007 Witch Creek Wildfire here in San Diego they trucked in tons of canned water. Heck, I drank about three cases of it myself before I realized it wasn’t their beer.. :wink:

156. John Difool
    157 | November 4, 2012 12:11 pm

@ huckfunn:

I feel pity for the people up there but I can’t get over the whole “Feed me, Gimme Sumtin’ To Drink, Clothe Me !” mentality of the people up there.

When the shit really hits the fan these will be the first ones to go.

Reason A-Numero-Uno I refuse to live in a heavily urbanized area. I’m only minutes away from prime fishing & hunting & I know how to do both very well.

158 | November 4, 2012 12:11 pm

Surfing the morning programs , I landed on NBC.
    The Libs, Cokie Roberts & Matthew Dowd etc are
    really very smug & confident.
    They were mocking anybody who actually thinks that Romney can win.
    I do hope that they get it handed to them on Tuesday.

When Obunga goes down in a landslide, MSM will have lost their last few remaining shreds of relevance.

158. John Difool
    159 | November 4, 2012 12:12 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

@ John Difool:

But, but, but….this simply cannot be…..Mike Bloomberg has banned firearms?

160 | November 4, 2012 12:14 pm

@ heysoos:
    It would look like an episode of The Walking Dead.

after all the phony bs about a good job!, co-operation, timely co-ordination!….back slapping and butt kissing…before anything at all was even accomplished!….why didn’t they just give Bloomberg a Nobel?….bunch of empty rhetoric….let’s have a marathon instead!

161 | November 4, 2012 12:17 pm

@ huckfunn:

When the shit really hits the fan these will be the first ones to go.

The first catastrophe that I went to during my brief stint as a storm adjuster was Hurricane Andrew. It was shocking to see the devastation. Equally shocking was the sight of 20,000 Americans lined up for a jug of water, a few cans of beans and some toilet paper. I absolutely will not live in an urban environment. When the lights go out the thin veneer of civilization is pretty quickly peeled away.

BTW, when does goose season start up?

162 | November 4, 2012 12:17 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

@ John Difool:

But, but, but….this simply cannot be…..Mike Bloomberg has banned firearms?

That happened in NYC long before Bloomberg.

He’s been focused on trying to ban everyone else’s firearms.

163 | November 4, 2012 12:19 pm

@ heysoos:

He’ll probably try to ride his “success” with this storm to a presidential bid in 2016.

164 | November 4, 2012 12:20 pm

John Difool wrote:

But, but, but….this simply cannot be…..Mike Bloomberg has banned firearms?

Check it out: BLOOMBERG REFUSES NATIONAL GUARD ENTRY INTO BROOKLYN BECAUSE THEY CARRY GUNS

165 | November 4, 2012 12:20 pm

and people will believe him….millions of them

166 | November 4, 2012 12:21 pm

Oh, goodie…Janet Napolitano will be live at 3:15 eastern to brag about all her department has done to save the day.

167 | November 4, 2012 12:21 pm

I really wonder if they are just trying to demoralize Republicans
    to hold down the vote.
    Romney is campaigning outside of Philadelphia today.
    They have to have reason to believe that Pennsylvania
    is in play.
    FNC has a new poll showing the state tied.

167. 168 | November 4, 2012 12:22 pm

John Difool wrote:
    But, but, but….this simply cannot be…..Mike Bloomberg has banned firearms?

Now ya know why I insist on calling him Mayor Bloomingidiot.

169 | November 4, 2012 12:23 pm

It only makes sense. After all, she made the Arizona border safer than it’s ever been. // :roll: //

169. John Difool
    170 | November 4, 2012 12:23 pm

John Difool wrote:
    But, but, but….this simply cannot be…..Mike Bloomberg has banned firearms?

Last time I checked New York state had a governor. If I were him I would instruct those guardsmen on how to properly take a rifle butt to an uncooperative mayors face.

171 | November 4, 2012 12:24 pm

John Difool wrote:

But, but, but….this simply cannot be…..Mike Bloomberg has banned firearms?

That’s just crazy. You have roving “Wolf Packs” preying on people.
    They need the Guard.
    This is just what the Louisiana Governor did after Katrina.
    It didn’t end well.

172 | November 4, 2012 12:26 pm

@ John Difool:

That’s what would happen in America.

But this is New York you’re talking about.

172. John Difool
    173 | November 4, 2012 12:26 pm

Good, I hope she brings the pom-poms with her & some fireworks.

People know when someones shitting down their backs & then telling them it’s raining. This storm will probably create more new Republican voters than the RNC has in thirty years.

174 | November 4, 2012 12:26 pm

I really wonder if they are just trying to demoralize Republicans
    to hold down the vote.

I think that’s exactly what they’re trying to do. Ironically, it’s probably having the opposite affect. When republicans see that the race is close or Obama is slightly ahead, that will just drive more of them to the polls.

174. John Difool
    175 | November 4, 2012 12:27 pm

@ John Difool:
    That’s what would happen in America.
    But this is New York you’re talking about.

I don’t quite get it. Do the police & FBI in NYC not carry firearms also or is it because the National Guard isn’t union?

176 | November 4, 2012 12:28 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Now ya know why I insist on calling him Mayor Bloomingidiot.

I’m thinking that Doomberg’s response to this storm will mean that this is his last term as mayor.

177 | November 4, 2012 12:29 pm

@ huckfunn:

Yup, Republicans are energized.

177. 178 | November 4, 2012 12:29 pm

5 PM EASTERN Romney/Ryan rally in Bucks County, PA tonight. 30,000 people expected.

179 | November 4, 2012 12:31 pm

@ John Difool:

It’s the same logic that led them to decrease the security at a consulate located in a war zone.

They’re worried about “sending the wrong message.”

179. 180 | November 4, 2012 12:31 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    Now ya know why I insist on calling him Mayor Bloomingidiot.

I don’t know, New Yorker’s aren’t really know of late for being the sharpest tools in the shed, seems like all the really bright ones moved to Florida… :wink: :wink: (well, except for Urban Infidel, who might have Stockholm Syndrome :shock: )

180. John Difool
    181 | November 4, 2012 12:31 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

Only 200 people showed up for a recent Obama/Stevie Wonder event.

Not many people called to say they love Obama….

182 | November 4, 2012 12:32 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Now ya know why I insist on calling him Mayor Bloomingidiot.

Unless he gets them to change the rules (again) it will be anyway. He can’t run again under current law.

183 | November 4, 2012 12:32 pm

I’ve got to get some errands done before football.

Remember to “fall back” your clocks.

Later….

183. John Difool
    184 | November 4, 2012 12:33 pm

And Brookly Red.

184. 185 | November 4, 2012 12:35 pm

And Brookly Red.

Ya, but Brookly definitely has Pizza Syndrome… :twisted:

186 | November 4, 2012 12:35 pm

Anybody else think the da Bama Phones are receiving IM’s
    to vote for Obama.

186. John Difool
    187 | November 4, 2012 12:38 pm

Anybody else think the da Bama Phones are receiving IM’s
    to vote for Obama.

Does a bear shit in the woods? Probably came preloaded with a campaign app.

If he wins a second term they’ll probably upgrade them to Droid 4 & iPhone.

188 | November 4, 2012 12:41 pm

@ John Difool:

Does a bear shit in the woods? Probably came preloaded with a campaign app.

If he wins a second term they’ll probably upgrade them to Droid 4 & iPhone.

Only the best.

189 | November 4, 2012 12:41 pm

Excellent twist on the Romnesia buzz word at SCENES FROM OHIO ‘ALL-STAR’ RALLY.

IF ROMNESIA WILL HELP ME FORGET THE LAST 4 YEARS I WANT IT!

190 | November 4, 2012 12:45 pm

Today is the anniversary of another great Democrat foreign policy triumph:

1979 U.S. hostage crisis in Iran

Today is the 33rd anniversary of the beginning of the U.S. hostage crisis in Iran. On Nov. 4, 1979, more than 60 U.S. Embassy staffers were taken prisoner, though only 52 remained for the full 444 days. The blockbuster movie “Argo” is about the escape of six Americans, at least one with Michigan ties, who narrowly escaped becoming hostages and successfully fled the country.

190. John Difool
    191 | November 4, 2012 12:47 pm

Just saw a Tweet that thousands of the NYC marathon runners decided to stay & volunteer in the relief efforts.

Bloomberg last seen tripping up some steps to get to a podium to take credit for this.

191. John Difool
    192 | November 4, 2012 12:49 pm

Today is the anniversary of another great Democrat foreign policy triumph:
    1979 U.S. hostage crisis in Iran

Say what you want about Carter but at least he tried to send commandos in to rescue our people, failed raid or not.

Reason #10,331 why Obama is a worse president than carter..

193 | November 4, 2012 12:49 pm

A slightly different perspective on today:

Iranians mark ‘Day of Fighting the Global Arrogance’

Thousands of Iranians protested outside of the former US embassy in Tehran on Friday, marking the country’s annual “Day of Fighting the Global Arrogance,” The New York Times reported.

The yearly celebration coincides with the anniversary of the November 4, 1979 Iranian hostage crisis, in which 52 American diplomats were held captive in the US embassy for 444 days, causing the breakdown in diplomatic relations between Washington and Tehran that continues 33 years later.

The Times reported that youth gathered outside the former US mission held up models of missiles, labelled “Made in Iran,” while a senior Iranian security official warned against compromising with the “great Satan.”

AFP reported that demonstrators also chanted anti-Israeli slogans and burnt Israeli flags.

“Today we commemorate the conquering of the castle of Satan!” the Times quoted Mohammad Reza Naghdi, the commander of an Iranian paramilitary group, as telling the crowd.

194 | November 4, 2012 12:50 pm

@ John Difool:

Argo is actually a pretty good movie, too.

194. John Difool
    195 | November 4, 2012 12:52 pm

@ John Difool:
    Argo is actually a pretty good movie, too.

Been wanting to go see it, but bearded Ben Affleck makes me apprehensive.

196 | November 4, 2012 12:52 pm

@ John Difool:
    Argo is actually a pretty good movie, too.

And John Goodman stole the scenes near him:-)

197 | November 4, 2012 1:02 pm

Bill Clinton spending Monday in PA :-) He’ll want something for that.

197. John Difool
    198 | November 4, 2012 1:05 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

Bill Clinton spending Monday in PA He’ll want something for that.

“You’ve Got A Friend In Pennsylvania” doesn’t mean what he thinks it means.

199 | November 4, 2012 1:17 pm

John Difool wrote:

“You’ve Got A Friend In Pennsylvania”

Thanks for reminding me about that…

///

(We’re currently going with “State of Independence.”)

201 | November 4, 2012 1:37 pm

George Will predicts R 321- O 217

Dick Morris predicts R 351 — O 189

Michael Barone predicts R 315 — O 223

BLOWOUT!

Yeah, but CJ and theoutsider predict a big Obama win.

Who are you going to believe?

200. 202 | November 4, 2012 1:43 pm

I would hope UI doesn’t smack you upside the head for that! 8)

201. 203 | November 4, 2012 2:08 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

Only 200 people showed up for a recent Obama/Stevie Wonder event.
    Not many people called to say they love Obama….

Grand Funk Railroad is going to be there tonight!

202. 204 | November 4, 2012 2:09 pm

doriangrey wrote:

I do. You’re right. But I could never live in Florida.

203. 4_Sticks
    205 | November 5, 2012 12:45 am

@ John Difool:

Uze guyz are forgettin’ sumpin’ … there are elderly, handicapped people living 10, 20. 30 stories up with no elevators working without power, no plumbing and, even if they made it down all those floors, gettin’ back up ? Fagettabout it. NOT like walking out the front door on Maple St and over to the football field LZ at the local high school. Not a good situation at all.