Caturday: Chillin’ Out in Alaska

by 1389AD ( 18 Comments › )
Filed under Caturday, Open thread at November 3rd, 2012 - 12:00 pm

An eagle, a fox and my cat all getting along fine on my porch

Published on Mar 25, 2012 by pla1554alaska

First of all just let me explain the hot water heater! My hot water heater leaked and flooded my kitchen and so I just went through getting it replaced. We have had so much snow (it’s melting now) that it was too hard to carry it through all the snow to get to the landfill so it and other building materials are hanging out on my porch until more snow is gone. See how the fox, eagle and cat are all just fine hanging out and no one is trying to attack anyone and they are getting along just fine? Notice the eagle in the background on the lamp post down by the street. That is the partner to this eagle. They aren’t always out to attack and kill each other. Our fox and eagles and cats basically get along just fine here. Sometimes if there is food they might fight over the food some. I live in Unalaska, Alaska in the Aleutian Islands. Also, earlier in the day when the fox first came Gizmo my cat went right up to the fox and told him to leave. It was too funny! But the fox came right back!

March 27, 2012 Todd the Fox Wants To Come in the House

Published on Sep 13, 2012 by pla1554alaska

Going thru my videos I found this one that I had taken after my eagle, fox and cat video was posted and someone had named the fox Todd by then. I am putting this video on for all the people who love Todd the fox. Some more video of him. He so wants to come in the house and eat cat food with the cats! LOL By the way, George freaked out when I closed the door and he had to go right back out. He was OK coming in the house but not if the door gets closed.

An Eagle Slaps My Cat

Uploaded by pla1554alaska on Sep 22, 2010

It was Thanksgiving morning and I noticed about 20 eagles fighting over some slab of food. This eagle won the fight and went on the hill next to my house to eat his food. Next thing I know 2 of my cats are up on the hill checking out this eagle. I tried to call them in the house but they wouldn’t listen to me. I wasn’t too worried about the eagle attacking the cats because that eagle was too into that slab of food. So I got out my video camera and took this video. When Suitcase got so close that eagle could have tore Suitcase up but instead just gave him a slap with his wing. The eagles here are not really aggressive to the cats here.

Tags: ,

Comments

18 Responses to “Caturday: Chillin’ Out in Alaska”

1. John Difool
    1 | November 3, 2012 1:03 pm

An eagle, a fox & cat walk into a bar…..

2. 2 | November 3, 2012 1:29 pm

Vote for REVENGE

3. 3 | November 3, 2012 1:39 pm

Meow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. 4 | November 3, 2012 1:44 pm

That Fox is gorgeous!

5. 2soonold2latesmart
    5 | November 3, 2012 2:06 pm

That is a foxy Fox!

I was out hiking last week when one of my hiking companions saw and photographed a beautiful red fox.

6 | November 3, 2012 2:11 pm

Disgusting.

California Poll Worker Fired For “Intolerance” After She Questioned Presence Of U.N. Observers…

And positively unacceptable.

7 | November 3, 2012 2:14 pm

@ Bumr50:

Someone needs to ask Jerry Brown whether or not CA wants to remain in the Union.

8. 8 | November 3, 2012 2:16 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ Bumr50:

He’s a scumbag.

9 | November 3, 2012 2:22 pm

I so wish there would be a Planet Patrol agent that I could identify at my polling place, but it ain’t going to happen.

I would straight up ask them “WTF are you supposed to be?!”, and scream bloody murder that my voting rights are being trampled upon to every source of local media until I got attention.

I feel THAT strongly.

10 | November 3, 2012 3:04 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ Bumr50:

CA has to stay in the Union…who else is gonna pay the tab for the union pensions?

11 | November 3, 2012 3:10 pm

@ heysoos:
    Oh the union pensions will go with them

12 | November 3, 2012 3:14 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

@ heysoos:
    Oh the union pensions will go with them

If they leave, they can pay them with whatever currency they come up with.

13 | November 3, 2012 3:16 pm

Former Hillary aide backs Romney

14 | November 3, 2012 3:25 pm

If they leave, they can pay them with whatever currency they come up with.

Currency made out of foetal gonads; as they become worthless as currency they can still consume them to improve their libido.

15 | November 3, 2012 3:29 pm

CA will come crawling on it’s knees to the feds for a bailout….bet me…Ill will be close behind

16. AZfederalist
    16 | November 3, 2012 4:34 pm

Love those videos. I’m surprised the eagle and fox did not attack the cats. Here in AZ, the coyotes are a serious source of danger for any cats outside.

17. 17 | November 3, 2012 4:37 pm

heysoos wrote:

Bumr50 wrote:
    @ Bumr50:

You are aware that California pay’s around $10 Billion dollars more each year into the Federal Tax coffers than it receives back, right? That it constitutes 1/6th of the entire nations GDP?

18 | November 3, 2012 4:55 pm

doriangrey wrote:

heysoos wrote:
    Bumr50 wrote:
    @ Bumr50:

all the more reason to fleece the feds…that’s the standard argument at LGF…who pays for it doesn’t really address the problem