The Polls Are Closed In The East! Election 2012.

by coldwarrior ( 260 Comments › )
Filed under Elections 2012, Open thread, Politics at November 6th, 2012 - 7:00 pm

Let’s have an election thread!

Florida: Polls Closing at 7:00 PM (all times local)

Iowa: Polls Closing at 9:00 PM

Nevada: Polls Closing at 7:00 PM

New Hampshire: Polls Closing at 8:00 PM

Ohio: Polls Closing at 7:30 PM

Pennsylvania:  Polls Closing at 8:00 PM

Virginia: Polls Closing at 7:00 PM

Wisconsin: Polls Closing at 8:00 PM

Comments

260 Responses to “The Polls Are Closed In The East! Election 2012.”

1. song_and_dance_man
    1 | November 6, 2012 7:06 pm

Let me be the first to say First.

2. John Difool
    2 | November 6, 2012 7:06 pm

LETS ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!!!

3 | November 6, 2012 7:07 pm

I’ve got 2 plans

4. Mars
    4 | November 6, 2012 7:07 pm

Fox is so far calling 3 electoral for the won and 19 for Romney.

5. 5 | November 6, 2012 7:07 pm

Voted in the People’s Republic of Brooklyn!

6 | November 6, 2012 7:09 pm

Florida polls close at 7pm local time, but Florida is in two time zones.

They probably won’t report anything for Florida until 8pm eastern, when the polls in the western part of the state close.

7. John Difool
    7 | November 6, 2012 7:11 pm

Someone needs to get a news van with a satellite feed to Culver City, stat.

I have a feeling an epic disaster of biblical proportions is getting ready to unfold there tonight involving large quantities of stale Cheetos, the drinking from the wrong bottle of Mt. Dew & a large Corellator tool.

8. eaglesoars
    8 | November 6, 2012 7:12 pm

hey lobo, saw your post previous thread re food for Leia – have you tried sweet potatoes/yams? When Molly won’t eat even chick and rice, those always win.

9. Mars
    9 | November 6, 2012 7:12 pm

Current Senate standings Rep 37 Dems 30

10 | November 6, 2012 7:12 pm

@ eaglesoars:

check your email

11. Mars
    11 | November 6, 2012 7:13 pm

Current House Numbers Rep 6 Dem 1

12. John Difool
    12 | November 6, 2012 7:13 pm

Ace had a link up a few hours earlier saying early exit-polling data from Volusia County was heavily favoring Romney.

13. rain of lead
    13 | November 6, 2012 7:14 pm

hey ya’ll
    tis been a bitter sweet day with the passing of NT2U and yet knowing
    that barky is going down hard
    she would not want us to be sad but enjoy the night and revel
    in a Romney win
    so
    with that said
    let’s PARTY!

14 | November 6, 2012 7:15 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

hey lobo, saw your post previous thread re food for Leia — have you tried sweet potatoes/yams? When Molly won’t eat even chick and rice, those always win.

I’ve been sticking with stuff I know she likes. I’ve never given her sweet potatoes (mainly because I don’t like them, so I’ve never thought to give her any).

She ate all the chicken and rice, though.

15. Mars
    15 | November 6, 2012 7:15 pm

Since all these numbers are coming in from the East coast which is largely a bastion of liberalism, this so far isn’t boding well for the dictatorial party.

16 | November 6, 2012 7:16 pm

Cool

17. John Difool
    17 | November 6, 2012 7:16 pm

@ rain of lead:

Here, here.

18. eaglesoars
    18 | November 6, 2012 7:17 pm

@ eaglesoars:

check your email

responded

19. John Difool
    19 | November 6, 2012 7:18 pm

Cool

Lets hope. I think it went +8 or +22 or something for Barky in ’08, can’t remember.

Head is starting to spin from all the polling data past & present.

20. Lily
    20 | November 6, 2012 7:19 pm

LETS ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!!!

LET’S RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-)

21. song_and_dance_man
    21 | November 6, 2012 7:19 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

I’ve got 2 plans

And they be?

22. Mars
    22 | November 6, 2012 7:19 pm

WTH is with all the House races where there isn’t a Republican running? This is a bunch of crap. Those districts are running a one party dictatorship apparently.

23. Lily
    23 | November 6, 2012 7:19 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

I’ve got 2 plans

Don’t we all tonight! ;)

24. Lily
    24 | November 6, 2012 7:20 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

Voter turn-out looked heavy here in the deep south of Louisiana where the gators are. ;)

25 | November 6, 2012 7:21 pm

rain of lead wrote:

hey ya’ll
    tis been a bitter sweet day with the passing of NT2U and yet knowing
    that barky is going down hard
    she would not want us to be sad but enjoy the night and revel
    in a Romney win
    so
    with that said
    let’s PARTY!

she certainly would not want us being sad.

so we shall not be.

26 | November 6, 2012 7:21 pm

Mars wrote:

There’s no Democrat running here.

There are some places where people just figure it isn’t worth the time and money to bother, because they just have no chance.

27. eaglesoars
    27 | November 6, 2012 7:21 pm

I’ve never given her sweet potatoes

most dogs love them. Molly is spoiled – I actually bake them – but they are available canned – just pour off the syrup and mash ‘em up.

When I’ve got them in the oven, she lays on the kitchen floor with this woe-is-me look – Mummy is starving me because I can’t have them NOW.

28. song_and_dance_man
    28 | November 6, 2012 7:21 pm

@ John Difool:

I’m on the other side of that opinion. I have a feeling he might lose a few pounds when he soils his PJ’s.

29. gibsonz
    29 | November 6, 2012 7:21 pm

The moment is upon us…it is our time!

30. 30 | November 6, 2012 7:22 pm

Mars wrote:

Yeah, there are places were thre really aren’t any Republicans.

31. rain of lead
    31 | November 6, 2012 7:22 pm

@ Lily:

pffft
    I have one plan

VICTORY!!!!!!!!

32. Lily
    32 | November 6, 2012 7:22 pm

@ rain of lead:

Well said {rain} and tell {momcat} to join in!!!

33. 33 | November 6, 2012 7:23 pm

gibsonz wrote:

The moment is upon us…it is our time!

Are we the ones we’ve been waiting for? ;)

34. John Difool
    34 | November 6, 2012 7:23 pm

Mars wrote:

I don’t understand it, it’s as if when the GOP think they don’t have a snowballs chance in a district that would vote for a ham sandwich if it had a (D) in front of it they don’t bother.They’ve been flush with cash for a while now.

In mine, Dean Longo is running against 20 year incumbent Bobby Scott & I haven’t seen where he’s gotten one iota of GOP support.

The Dems never do this, like rust, they never sleep.

35. Mars
    35 | November 6, 2012 7:24 pm

Mars wrote:

There’s no Democrat running here.

I guess I’m old fashioned. I don’t believe one should concede to the enemy until the final moment. Especially with a president as decisive as this one, a Republican running for house in some of those areas could have really made pulled enough votes to have made a point.

Plus, by not having anyone opposing these clowns all we do is contribute to their sense of entitlement.

36. Lily
    36 | November 6, 2012 7:24 pm

THAT’S GREAT!!! Finally got her to eat…something tells me soft food…may want the vet to re-check her teeth. Just a gut feeling.

37. gibsonz
    37 | November 6, 2012 7:24 pm

@ MacDuff:
    We most certainly are!

38 | November 6, 2012 7:24 pm

@ MacDuff:

Yeah, there are places were thre really aren’t any Republicans.

Colorado Springs is just the opposite. Obama and Biden were the only Democrats on my ballot. Every other race just had a Republican, and maybe some third party person.

Romney will probably get 70% here.

39. Guggi
    39 | November 6, 2012 7:24 pm

She ate all the chicken and rice, though.

So, she has become a foodie ? :-)

40. rain of lead
    40 | November 6, 2012 7:25 pm

@ Lily:

as soon as the pizza is done I’m jumping on my puter
    and momcat will join on hers

41. 41 | November 6, 2012 7:25 pm

question; does the Cheetos eaters corelater tool recognize hard drive sigs and IP addys or just the IP

42. song_and_dance_man
    42 | November 6, 2012 7:25 pm

gibsonz wrote:

The moment is upon us…it is our time!

This will be a night to remember

43. song_and_dance_man
    43 | November 6, 2012 7:26 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Are we the ones we’ve been waiting for?

Real Hope and Change.

44. Mars
    44 | November 6, 2012 7:26 pm

@ MacDuff:
    Yeah, there are places were thre really aren’t any Republicans.
    Romney will probably get 70% here.

But that’s at the local level. I can almost understand that. But the House and Senate? It doesn’t makes sense to me.

45. Lily
    45 | November 6, 2012 7:26 pm

rain of lead wrote:

@ Lily:

pffft
    I have one plan

VICTORY!!!!!!!!

Love your moxy!!!!! From your words to God’s ears! ;)

46 | November 6, 2012 7:27 pm

@ Mars:

At least here the primaries are usually contested. Doug Lamborn had about 5 opponents again this time.

But this area is about 70% Republican, so whoever wins the primary is going to win.

When I lived in Santa Fe, it was just the opposite. The Dems would have contested primaries, and there wouldn’t even be any Republicans on the ballot.

47. John Difool
    47 | November 6, 2012 7:28 pm

Scott Madsen wrote:

Hopefully tonight it will become like Skynet, become self aware & launch itself up Charles Johnson’s mile wide pimply pasty ass.

I hope it has the foresight to wrap itself up in 80 grit sandpaper beforehand.

48 | November 6, 2012 7:29 pm

@ Mars:

That includes the 5th District House seat, held by Doug Lamborn.

We don’t have a Senate seat up this year, or governor.

49. Lily
    49 | November 6, 2012 7:29 pm

rain of lead wrote:

@ Lily:

as soon as the pizza is done I’m jumping on my puter
    and momcat will join on hers

Good to hear!!!! Going to get hubby to set mine up in living room in a bit. ;)

50. Mars
    50 | November 6, 2012 7:29 pm

@ Mars:
    At least here the primaries are usually contested. Steve Lamborn had about 5 opponents again this time.

I noticed on California district actually has a Dem running against the Dem incumbent. I’ve never seen that before outside of a primary.

51. song_and_dance_man
    51 | November 6, 2012 7:29 pm

@ Mars:

Putting money into a campaign where there is little chance for victory might be the reason for it. But I agree. Take a chance, and at least make an effort to win in blue districts.

52. 52 | November 6, 2012 7:29 pm

John Difool wrote:

I hope it has the foresight to wrap itself up in 80 grit sandpaper beforehand.

Or morph itself into an anvil shape….

53. Lily
    53 | November 6, 2012 7:30 pm

gibsonz wrote:

The moment is upon us…it is our time!

This will be a night to remember

Indeed Song…indeed. We bow down to no man who thinks he is god-like!

54 | November 6, 2012 7:30 pm

Guggi wrote:

She ate all the chicken and rice, though.

So, she has become a foodie ?

She’s just conned me into cooking for her.

55. Mars
    55 | November 6, 2012 7:31 pm

@ Mars:
    That includes the 5th District House seat, held by Doug Lamborn.
    We don’t have a Senate seat up this year, or governor.

I don’t get it. The list on Foxnews doesn’t have a House seat up in Colorado.

56. song_and_dance_man
    56 | November 6, 2012 7:31 pm

Scott Madsen wrote:

I only go there using a proxy. I don’t trust that dude.

57. eaglesoars
    57 | November 6, 2012 7:31 pm

I forget where I saw this but I posted it this morning. There was a rumor going around that Obama would declare victory early with the intent to suppress the Romney vote.

West Virginia for Romney – Fox is calling it.

Don’t fuck w/coal

58. Mars
    58 | November 6, 2012 7:32 pm

@ Mars:

Or give the people an outlet for a protest vote.

59 | November 6, 2012 7:32 pm

@ Mars:

That’s because California has adopted a bastardized open primary system where the top two candidates from the primary (even if they’re both from the same party) go to the general election.

Another stupid idea.

60 | November 6, 2012 7:32 pm

@ Mars:

I don’t get it. The list on Foxnews doesn’t have a House seat up in Colorado.

All 435 House seats are up this year, like always.

61. Guggi
    61 | November 6, 2012 7:33 pm

She’s just conned me into cooking for her.

cute, cute, cute :-P

62. Mars
    62 | November 6, 2012 7:33 pm

Primary has Romney at 24 The won still at 3

63 | November 6, 2012 7:34 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

West Virginia for Romney — Fox is calling it.

add sw pa, central pa and se ohio to the coal fired anti-obama boilers!

64. Miss Trixie
    64 | November 6, 2012 7:34 pm

I’ve never given her sweet potatoes

most dogs love them. Molly is spoiled — I actually bake them — but they are available canned — just pour off the syrup and mash ‘em up.

When I’ve got them in the oven, she lays on the kitchen floor with this woe-is-me look — Mummy is starving me because I can’t have them NOW.

LOL! :D

Lil Miss will absolutely NOT eat anything canned – unless it’s tripe.

Ick.

Stumbled into the kitchen at oh-dark-thirty to feed her before going to work and accidently zigged, she zagged and my toes were covered in blobs of cold, sticky, slimy tripe.

Which she happily hovered off my toes before belching and going back to bed. :mrgreen:

How are ya luv? I sent an email the other day …

65. Mars
    65 | November 6, 2012 7:34 pm

@ Mars:
    I don’t get it. The list on Foxnews doesn’t have a House seat up in Colorado.
    All 435 House seats are up this year, like always.

Thats right every two years. Wonder why the list is missing some?

66 | November 6, 2012 7:34 pm

Guggi wrote:

She’s just conned me into cooking for her.

cute, cute, cute

Wasn’t a lot of cooking. I heated up some rice in the microwave, added a small can of cooked chicken, and poured some chicken broth over it.

She doesn’t know any better, though. Don’t tell her.

67. John Difool
    67 | November 6, 2012 7:35 pm

So far, so good in Virginia. Precinct data so far is favoring the GOP ticket top down.

The Northern Virginia D.C. suburbs is where it all hinges. Barky & Co. have created somewhere between 70-80k new government jobs there since he assumed dictatorship.

68. Mars
    68 | November 6, 2012 7:35 pm

@ Mars:
    I don’t get it. The list on Foxnews doesn’t have a House seat up in Colorado.
    All 435 House seats are up this year, like always.

Thats right every two years. Wonder why the list is missing some?

Never mind, found them. They had part of the list in alphabetical and then part wasn’t. Threw me off.

(Another damn headache tonight. Not thinking clearly.)

69. Miss Trixie
    69 | November 6, 2012 7:35 pm

*ahem*

hoovered.

70 | November 6, 2012 7:36 pm

@ Mars:

Thats right every two years. Wonder why the list is missing some?

Can’t say. Could be because 95% of incumbents win when they run for re-election.

I don’t think any of the 7 seats here are expected to change hands.

71. Lily
    71 | November 6, 2012 7:36 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

West Virginia for Romney — Fox is calling it.

Don’t fuck w/coal

That will only fire up people to vote against him….people know this election is serious!

72. citizen_q
    72 | November 6, 2012 7:36 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Didn’t some criminal in prison beat of obama in the W VA. primary?

I was LOLing when FOX just called WVA for Romney with 0% reporting.

73. Mars
    73 | November 6, 2012 7:37 pm

Not liking the fact there’s only 100,000 vote difference between Romney and the Won so far.

74 | November 6, 2012 7:37 pm

@ citizen_q:

Didn’t some criminal in prison beat of obama in the W VA. primary?

No, but he got 30% of the vote.

75. John Difool
    75 | November 6, 2012 7:37 pm

eaglesoars wrote:
    West Virginia for Romney — Fox is calling it.
    add sw pa, central pa and se ohio to the coal fired anti-obama boilers!

WV? Really? I know it’s a coal state but even so WV almost always goes Democrat.

76. 76 | November 6, 2012 7:37 pm

The only good thing about it is that a Democrat is running against that imbecile and certified crackpot Pete Stark, which means we may be able to get him out of office, since they’ve recarved his district into an area that has a lot of Republicans.

77. Mars
    77 | November 6, 2012 7:38 pm

@ Mars:
    Thats right every two years. Wonder why the list is missing some?
    I don’t think any of the 7 seats here are expected to change hands.

It’s ok, I found the missing states. The list is ordered oddly.

78. Mars
    78 | November 6, 2012 7:39 pm

Republicans picked up two more in the house, dems 1.

79. Guggi
    79 | November 6, 2012 7:39 pm

Don’t tell her.

promised :-)

80. citizen_q
    80 | November 6, 2012 7:39 pm

John Difool wrote:

I have read that VA is estimated to lose 200k jobs if sequestration is enacted.

81. 81 | November 6, 2012 7:40 pm

I’m sorry I missed the radio show last night.
    Please picture me wearing my disappointed face.

82 | November 6, 2012 7:40 pm

John Difool wrote:

conservative old school democrat, not socialist.

the wv dems aren’t like this crowd in the white house

83. Mars
    83 | November 6, 2012 7:41 pm

Romney 33 the won 3

84. Lily
    84 | November 6, 2012 7:42 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

I’m sorry I missed the radio show last night.
    Please picture me wearing my disappointed face.

I had to watch the Saints play… 8-)

85. rain of lead
    85 | November 6, 2012 7:42 pm

if ya’ll want a good real time election reporting site go here

86. John Difool
    86 | November 6, 2012 7:42 pm

citizen_q wrote:

John Difool wrote:

I have read that VA is estimated to lose 200k jobs if sequestration is enacted.

Yes, military mostly & it’s 400,000 not 200,000. The jobs I was talking about were IRS agents,Homeland Security stuff like that. You know, the government Democrats love.

87. rain of lead
    87 | November 6, 2012 7:44 pm

@ rain of lead:

they are also tracking house and senate races

88. Miss Trixie
    88 | November 6, 2012 7:44 pm

Michigan Man Dies, Is Revived, at Poll – and Makes Sure He Voted

Jebus! 8:

89. momcat
    89 | November 6, 2012 7:44 pm

laundry is washing ,child is eating. How is everyone doing this evening?

90. yenta-fada
    90 | November 6, 2012 7:44 pm

Hubby says there is no love as pure as between a doggie and a bowl of cooked chicken and rice. :-) He used to microwave chicken thigh for said doggie. Very tender and easy.

91. John Difool
    91 | November 6, 2012 7:44 pm

@ rain of lead:

Holyshit, Ace stepped into the 21st Century finally. That site looks way better than his actual blog.

92. 92 | November 6, 2012 7:45 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

I have trepidation too. I have a sock that was registered through a corporate server email and I am afraid of him spaming them with teh digital aids. best leave the black whore of culver alone

93 | November 6, 2012 7:45 pm

momcat wrote:

laundry is washing ,child is eating. How is everyone doing this evening?

full steam ahead!

*crosses fingers that the servers hold out*

94. rain of lead
    94 | November 6, 2012 7:46 pm

they did a test run during the 2010 elections and were very very good

95 | November 6, 2012 7:46 pm

Mars wrote:

True in my NYC district. No Republican to oppose the gerrymandered Democrat. There was somebody running on the Conservative line, so I tossed my vote to him. Won’t help, but wotthehell.

96. yenta-fada
    96 | November 6, 2012 7:46 pm

momcat wrote:

laundry is washing ,child is eating. How is everyone doing this evening?

Waiting for good to triumph over eeeevil.

97. Lily
    97 | November 6, 2012 7:46 pm

@ momcat:

Good and you {momcat}??? Hopefully even better as the evening goes on!!!!!! :)

98. rain of lead
    98 | November 6, 2012 7:47 pm

@ momcat:

hi sweetie
    don’t be a shy lurker tonight
    speak up

99. 99 | November 6, 2012 7:47 pm

Hmmmmm..

100 | November 6, 2012 7:48 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

I still can’t believe that we had 16 candidates for president here.

I’ve never heard of about 12 of them.

101. Lily
    101 | November 6, 2012 7:48 pm

momcat wrote:

laundry is washing ,child is eating. How is everyone doing this evening?

full steam ahead!

*crosses fingers that the servers hold out*

*Crossing fingers too*!!!! ;)

102 | November 6, 2012 7:48 pm

*crosses fingers that the servers hold out*

Could you have one of those servers please serve me another Weller & water? Thank you very much.

103. Mars
    103 | November 6, 2012 7:49 pm

Really don’t care for how close the popular vote is so far on Romney and the won.

And really don’t like how close the senate is right now.

104. Lily
    104 | November 6, 2012 7:49 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

momcat wrote:

laundry is washing ,child is eating. How is everyone doing this evening?

Waiting for good to triumph over eeeevil.

Amen! Amen! Amen!

105. 105 | November 6, 2012 7:50 pm

Today is our anniversary. We are headed out to eat in a few minutes and will not be checking the news for how things are going until way late tonight.

106. momcat
    106 | November 6, 2012 7:50 pm

@ Lily:
    I am doing good. wainting for the landside victory.

107. livefreeor die
    107 | November 6, 2012 7:51 pm

momcat wrote:

laundry is washing ,child is eating. How is everyone doing this evening?

I feel like I’m going to throw up. This dribbling in of numbers on Fox is literally making me ill.

108. Mars
    108 | November 6, 2012 7:51 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

Hmmmmm..

That’s hilarious. They are dogging the hell out of the libs.

109. rain of lead
    109 | November 6, 2012 7:51 pm

early vote totals from ohio
    romney down 100,000
    don’t fret obama gets the early votes

110. song_and_dance_man
    110 | November 6, 2012 7:51 pm

When Davis was recalled in CA there were a slew of candidates that included Gary Coleman.

Johnson is on the ballot here in NM. Yes, we have our very own Paulson or Nader.

111. Lily
    111 | November 6, 2012 7:51 pm

@ Mars:

It’s early Mars …it’s early! ;)

112. John Difool
    112 | November 6, 2012 7:51 pm

SC called for Romney by FOX. No surprise there.

113. Lily
    113 | November 6, 2012 7:52 pm

@ father_of_10:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :)

114. song_and_dance_man
    114 | November 6, 2012 7:52 pm

Lily wrote:

*Crossing fingers too*!!!!

I crossed my eyes and couldn’t tell which tab I should respond to.

115. rain of lead
    115 | November 6, 2012 7:52 pm

@ livefreeor die:
    go to the site i mentioned
    they are MUCH faster than fox or the other tv stations

116. Guggi
    116 | November 6, 2012 7:52 pm

Romney wins Kentucky, President Obama Vermont

117. Lily
    117 | November 6, 2012 7:52 pm

momcat wrote:

@ Lily:
    I am doing good. wainting for the landside victory.

Praying for a landslide, praying!!!! :)

118. 118 | November 6, 2012 7:52 pm

We only had five – but somehow seeing Roseanne Barr on a ballot under the words “President/Vice President (vote for one)” makes me think if you fill in the bubble next to her name, you screw with the space/time continuum.

119. rain of lead
    119 | November 6, 2012 7:53 pm

and georgia

120. Mars
    120 | November 6, 2012 7:53 pm

Romney 49 the won 3

121. song_and_dance_man
    121 | November 6, 2012 7:53 pm

father_of_10 wrote:

Congrats, and have a nice evening.

122. eaglesoars
    122 | November 6, 2012 7:53 pm

Miss Trixie wrote:

How are ya luv? I sent an email the other day

just answered. sorry to take so long, nervous as a cat.

Tripe? srsly?

123. Lily
    123 | November 6, 2012 7:54 pm

@ livefreeor die:

I’m not watching yet..waiting..it’s still very, very early. Keep the faith {livefreeordie}!!!!

124. song_and_dance_man
    124 | November 6, 2012 7:54 pm

Romney 49 the won 3

Romney 50 and Chair the other 7.

125. John Difool
    125 | November 6, 2012 7:55 pm

Guggi wrote:

Romney wins Kentucky, President Obama Vermont

Vermont is Howard Dean’s home. They’re all batshit crazy there from eating the lead lined cheese.

126. livefreeor die
    126 | November 6, 2012 7:55 pm

@ Lily:
    {Lily}
    I know-I should never watch early returns. My husband warned me about how I get when I do look at them.

127. Lily
    127 | November 6, 2012 7:55 pm

Lily wrote:

*Crossing fingers too*!!!!

I crossed my eyes and couldn’t tell which tab I should respond to.

LOL!!!! ;)

128. John Difool
    128 | November 6, 2012 7:56 pm

rain of lead wrote:

and georgia

Always a plus, but alas, no surprises there.

129. Lily
    129 | November 6, 2012 7:56 pm

Romney 49 the won 3

This is good so far…eh? :)

130. Mars
    130 | November 6, 2012 7:57 pm

Romney 49 the won 3

Romney 50 and Chair the other 7.

Lol, I’m talking electoral numbers smartass.

131. Lily
    131 | November 6, 2012 7:57 pm

livefreeor die wrote:

@ Lily:
    {Lily}

Hey I’m not watching yet…waiting til later and the bigger picture is easier to see. ;)

132 | November 6, 2012 7:57 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

He’s on the ballot here, too.

The only other name I recognized was Roseanne Barr.

133. eaglesoars
    133 | November 6, 2012 7:58 pm

They’re all batshit crazy there from eating the lead lined cheese

Excuse me but I think some of the best cheese in the world is from Vermont.

just sayin……….

134 | November 6, 2012 7:59 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

We only had five — but somehow seeing Roseanne Barr on a ballot under the words “President/Vice President (vote for one)” makes me think if you fill in the bubble next to her name, you screw with the space/time continuum.

And Cindy Sheehan is her running mate.

135. 135 | November 6, 2012 7:59 pm

@ father_of_10:

Happy Anniversary to you and the Mrs.!

136. rain of lead
    136 | November 6, 2012 7:59 pm

barky will take a huge lead in ohio at first as the early votes are counted but as the votes come in from today that will tighten up quickly

137. Lily
    137 | November 6, 2012 7:59 pm

Romney 49 the won 3

Romney 50 and Chair the other 7.

LOL! He can have those other 7. I have no problems with it. 8-)

138. John Difool
    138 | November 6, 2012 7:59 pm

They’re all batshit crazy there from eating the lead lined cheese
    Excuse me but I think some of the best cheese in the world is from Vermont.
    just sayin……….

Well, I admit, Vermont White Cheddar is my favorite.

But then again, I’m batshit crazy too.

139. 139 | November 6, 2012 7:59 pm

@ livefreeor die:

I quit smoking in July….I want a cigarette so badly right now it’s unreal. Polls are still open for another three hours in California but I doubt there will be any surprises. Once again GOP not only didn’t field any kind of candidate against Feinstein, I didn’t see a single campaign commercial for them either.

140. Mars
    140 | November 6, 2012 8:00 pm

Lily wrote:

Romney 49 the won 3

This is good so far…eh?

So far, but the popular vote margin is very very thin.

141. CynicalConservative
    141 | November 6, 2012 8:00 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Tillamook from Oregon is better. :-)

/lurk

142. Mars
    142 | November 6, 2012 8:00 pm

The bad gateway errors are starting.

143 | November 6, 2012 8:00 pm

urban areas report first.

144 | November 6, 2012 8:00 pm

Guggi wrote:

Romney wins Kentucky, President Obama Vermont

Vermont barely qualifies as a state.

More people live in my county.

145. rain of lead
    145 | November 6, 2012 8:01 pm

so far in confirmed vote totals
    romney is leading by about +70,000

146. 146 | November 6, 2012 8:01 pm

Obama 78
    Romney 71

147. song_and_dance_man
    147 | November 6, 2012 8:01 pm

Mars wrote:

Lol, I’m talking electoral numbers smartass.

oops…

Well I decided to watch the Fox streaming. 78 71 Chair

148. 148 | November 6, 2012 8:01 pm

Of course, I wonder how many people will actually vote for the two of them. Thankfully, we were spared campaign ads. I don’t know if it’s legal to run that much ugly and stupid on the same ticket.

149. Mars
    149 | November 6, 2012 8:02 pm

CynicalConservative wrote:

@ eaglesoars:
    Tillamook from Oregon is better.
    /lurk

I’m getting hooked on Dubliner.

But, when I need a good colby jack or similar I always grab Tillamook.

150 | November 6, 2012 8:02 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Can you imagine if those two were to actually win?

I’d seriously move to another country.

151. song_and_dance_man
    151 | November 6, 2012 8:03 pm

The only other name I recognized was Roseanne Barr.

I hope she’s not using the (R)’s mascot.

152. eaglesoars
    152 | November 6, 2012 8:03 pm

CynicalConservative wrote:

@ eaglesoars:
    Tillamook from Oregon is better.

/lurk

Thanks for the tip! I shall look for it!

153. Lost
    153 | November 6, 2012 8:03 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    Hi Carolina Girl!
    Long time no see. Hope you are well!
    No Ciggy for you…get some ben and jerrys!

154 | November 6, 2012 8:04 pm

Lost wrote:

@ Carolina Girl:
    Hi Carolina Girl!
    Long time no see. Hope you are well!
    No Ciggy for you…get some ben and jerrys!

Another Vermont product

155. rain of lead
    155 | November 6, 2012 8:04 pm

aoshq is calling
    Romney 86
    Obama 60

156. Mars
    156 | November 6, 2012 8:04 pm

Mars wrote:
    Lol, I’m talking electoral numbers smartass.
    oops…
    Well I decided to watch the Fox streaming. 78 71 Chair

Yeah but now Ace is calling 86 Romney 60 Obama.

157. song_and_dance_man
    157 | November 6, 2012 8:04 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Excuse me but I think some of the best cheese in the world is from Vermont.

I eat CA cheese. I thought the only thing Vermont now makes are marriage certs.

158. SciFiGuy
    158 | November 6, 2012 8:05 pm

If not it should be!

159. John Difool
    159 | November 6, 2012 8:05 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Can you imagine if those two were to actually win?
    I’d seriously move to another country.

Oh come on. Imagine how fun it would be after she moved Dan & the kids into the Whitehouse & her nutty sister in law Lori…err, I mean Cindy

160. Mars
    160 | November 6, 2012 8:05 pm

Lost wrote:

@ Carolina Girl:
    Hi Carolina Girl!
    Long time no see. Hope you are well!
    No Ciggy for you…get some ben and jerrys!

I won’t spend a dime on that damn company. Dumping tons of funds into flat out communist causes.

161. song_and_dance_man
    161 | November 6, 2012 8:06 pm

And Cindy Sheehan is her running mate.

Judging by their combined girth I doubt either of them run. Unless it’s to the fridge.

162. 162 | November 6, 2012 8:06 pm

Mass resignations from the Secret Service, as NONE of them would be willing to take a bullet for those moronic pigs.

163 | November 6, 2012 8:07 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Excuse me but I think some of the best cheese in the world is from Vermont.

I eat CA cheese. I thought the only thing Vermont now makes are marriage certs.

I spent two weeks there in the winter before last (big mistake, BTW).

They appear to make cheese, maple syrup, and Ben & Jerry’s ice cream.

And there are very few humans there. I think minorities are turned away at the state line.

164. Miss Trixie
    164 | November 6, 2012 8:07 pm

Miss Trixie wrote:

How are ya luv? I sent an email the other day

just answered. sorry to take so long, nervous as a cat.

Tripe? srsly?

Yup. She only eats bones and raw now (w/canned tripe) on account of her terrible allergies. The slightest whiff of chicken, lamb, rice or eggs and her skin turns bright red and she scratches to beat the band.

BTW, replied. :mrgreen:

165. eaglesoars
    165 | November 6, 2012 8:07 pm

Vermont barely qualifies as a state.

I have never been to a place where the demographics define culture so completely. Period.

Also, they’ve been infected by yippees who invaded from NYC and think they’re god’s gift.

But the older crowd – they’re hardscrabble granite Vermont. I know some of their cows by name.

That’s not the bad part. The bad part is that those cows know me. YIKES!

No joke.

166. song_and_dance_man
    166 | November 6, 2012 8:07 pm

rain of lead wrote:

That’s because the (R)’s have to get home from work, whereas the (D)’s were probably bussed in earlier.

167 | November 6, 2012 8:07 pm

O’reilley spouting his BS that Hurricane Sandy knocked Romney out of the picture. He really is an idiot.

168. 168 | November 6, 2012 8:08 pm

@ Lost:

Thank you for the encouragement, hon – how the heck are you – is tonight exciting or what?

No Ben and Jerry’s – brother-in-law works for Dreyers Ice Cream so we have lots in the fridge – planning hot fudge sundae for after dinner.

169. John Difool
    169 | November 6, 2012 8:08 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Call it the Victoria’s Secret service after those two were elected & I’d take a bullet for both of ‘em.

My bullets.

170. song_and_dance_man
    170 | November 6, 2012 8:09 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

I quit smoking in July….I want a cigarette so badly right now it’s unreal.

I have an electronic one.

171. Mars
    171 | November 6, 2012 8:11 pm

I’m really hating Fox’s numbers. I don’t know about Ace since I’m not sure where the numbers come from.

172. John Difool
    172 | November 6, 2012 8:12 pm

729 of 2588 precincts reporting in Va. & Mitt Romney with a 60%-42% lead over Obama.

173. 173 | November 6, 2012 8:12 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

I’ve considered that for nights like this – do they work?

174 | November 6, 2012 8:12 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

I quit smoking in July….I want a cigarette so badly right now it’s unreal.

I have an electronic one.

Same here. Puff… pufff… big vapor ring smacks into the screen…

175. Mars
    175 | November 6, 2012 8:12 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:
    I quit smoking in July….I want a cigarette so badly right now it’s unreal.
    I have an electronic one.

I’m a cigar smoker, but due to the fact I’m broke and can’t afford one, and my nephews are running around the living room, I hit the e cig tonight. A nice blend of tobacco oil with a nice splash of cherry extract.

I really need the nicotine tonight. I think I’ll add just a touch of clove to really spice it up.

176. song_and_dance_man
    176 | November 6, 2012 8:12 pm

Vermont barely qualifies as a state.

And sounds a bit French.

177. Dolphin
    177 | November 6, 2012 8:12 pm

Started a post to you and got a phone call – could it be that Leia’s new meds are messing with her appetite/tastes? I will say it again, feed her what she will eat, when they quit eating – that is when it becomes scary.

178. John Difool
    178 | November 6, 2012 8:13 pm

I would love to have the ability right now to reach through my tv screen & choke the ever living shit out of Juan Williams.

179. song_and_dance_man
    179 | November 6, 2012 8:13 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

I’ve considered that for nights like this — do they work?

Oh yeah. I use one from blu cig.

180. SciFiGuy
    180 | November 6, 2012 8:14 pm

John Difool wrote:

102%??? Damn Dems are cheating again.

181. Mars
    181 | November 6, 2012 8:14 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    I’ve considered that for nights like this — do they work?

I love it, but I’m not a cigarette person I do cigars. What I like is you can mix and match different oils to get just the flavor you want.

182 | November 6, 2012 8:14 pm

Dolphin wrote:

Started a post to you and got a phone call — could it be that Leia’s new meds are messing with her appetite/tastes? I will say it again, feed her what she will eat, when they quit eating — that is when it becomes scary.

If they are, it took an awful long time to start. She’s been on this stuff for 5 weeks now, and only stopped eating on Saturday.

183. 183 | November 6, 2012 8:15 pm

One of these days I’d love to see us have a discussion on winner take all on electoral votes or if all states should have a system like Maine and Nebraska (is it Nebraska?). I’m so sick of voting and having it mean nothing.

184. song_and_dance_man
    184 | November 6, 2012 8:16 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Same here. Puff… pufff… big vapor ring smacks into the screen…

The jail where I work was the last one in the country that allowed smoking and it was finally banned this past July.

185. 185 | November 6, 2012 8:16 pm

Obama 78
    Romney 82

186 | November 6, 2012 8:17 pm

I can see doing that.

187. 187 | November 6, 2012 8:17 pm

@ John Difool:

I’ve determined that I’m not turning on the TV to election coverage – I can’t stand the talking heads and even Fox has that twit Williams and I can’t abide him. So I’m alternating between here and Weasel Zippers for updates.

188. rain of lead
    188 | November 6, 2012 8:18 pm

whooooo
    hooooo
    just called Romney for Tennessee
    *does snoopy dance*
    time for first shot

189. Lost
    189 | November 6, 2012 8:18 pm

you taught me something I didn’t know. Thanks.Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Lost:
    Thank you for the encouragement, hon — how the heck are you — is tonight exciting or what?
    No Ben and Jerry’s — brother-in-law works for Dreyers Ice Cream so we have lots in the fridge — planning hot fudge sundae for after dinner.

I’m good. My sister lost nearly everything in Sandy. Now they are homeless with 4 kids so I’ve been real busy fundraising for her. She’ll be alright with time and lots of love.
    Dreyers will more than do. Enjoy it!

190. Lily
    190 | November 6, 2012 8:18 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Yeah I’m waiting to start watching …. way too early…all it will do is give me a stomach-ache. ;)

191. eaglesoars
    191 | November 6, 2012 8:19 pm

and only stopped eating on Saturday.

donuts.

seriously. Molly’s oncologist told us to feed her what she’ll eat and one thing she loves is plain ole donuts.

And sweet potatoes.

192. Mars
    192 | November 6, 2012 8:19 pm

MMM, just topped mine off with some tobacco and clove. Just a light touch of clove and cherry. Almost perfect.

193. CynicalConservative
    193 | November 6, 2012 8:20 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    Can’t stand Zip’s comment threads since he switched to disgust, impossible to follow a fast moving thread / conversation in that format. Only read old threads, nothing real time.

/lurk

194. John Difool
    194 | November 6, 2012 8:20 pm

@ John Difool:
    I’ve determined that I’m not turning on the TV to election coverage — I can’t stand the talking heads and even Fox has that twit Williams and I can’t abide him. So I’m alternating between here and Weasel Zippers for updates.

I’m not either. I remain thus far steadfast I’m sticking with familiar blogs tonight. That noise came trickling down the hallway from the other room.

The wife is glued to FOX right now & Juan Williams is being his usual douchey self.

195. Bordm
    195 | November 6, 2012 8:20 pm

@ Miss Trixie:
    How the heck are you? Thought of you yesterday……. my glasses came apart again, not to worry… J-B Weld to the rescue, didn’t have to use the alligator clip. :grin:

196. song_and_dance_man
    196 | November 6, 2012 8:20 pm

Mars wrote:

A nice blend of tobacco oil with a nice splash of cherry extract.

I go for the straight unflavored sauce.

197. 197 | November 6, 2012 8:20 pm

No one on Fox seems too optimistic. I’m getting bad vibes.

198 | November 6, 2012 8:20 pm

Virginia stopped reporting because they have so many people in line to vote still.

199. Miss Trixie
    199 | November 6, 2012 8:21 pm

{{{{{{{Molly}}}}}}}

200. song_and_dance_man
    200 | November 6, 2012 8:21 pm

SciFiGuy wrote:

102%??? Damn Dems are cheating again.

Looks like the 1%’ers are double dipping.

201 | November 6, 2012 8:21 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Is there a big black market for cigs or did everyone just quit?

202. Dolphin
    202 | November 6, 2012 8:22 pm

At least she is eating something! And the vet visit has given you some peace of mind.

Keep up with the eggs and chicken – if she is eating it, she isn’t tired of it. Heck, my Maine coon has only ever had dry Purina kitten and cat chow his entire life. He has absolutely no interest in any human food.

203. Miss Trixie

@ rain of lead:

ahhhh
    that was a 16 gauge shot from my shotgun shell shooter

205. Lily
    205 | November 6, 2012 8:23 pm

@ John Difool:

Juan Williams is a fool and is so annoying it’s like claws stratching across a chalk board.

206. song_and_dance_man
    206 | November 6, 2012 8:23 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

You mean a national popular vote wins?

207 | November 6, 2012 8:24 pm

@ Dolphin:

The cat that went with my ex is strange. He used to be like a dog. Wanted to eat anything and everything we ate.

Now, you could put a steak on the floor and he’d ignore it and go to his cat food.

208. John Difool
    208 | November 6, 2012 8:24 pm

Polls closed almost an hour and a half ago. I assume that would be in NOVA. If so, not good it’s basically Moscow in the old Soviet Union up there now.

209. song_and_dance_man
    209 | November 6, 2012 8:24 pm

Bordm wrote:

And white tape is passe. Been there, done that kinda thing.

210. Lily
    210 | November 6, 2012 8:25 pm

MacDuff wrote:

No one on Fox seems too optimistic. I’m getting bad vibes.

Way too early MacDuff way too early…..keep the faith.

211. 211 | November 6, 2012 8:25 pm

Rove has his little board out on FOX.

212. 212 | November 6, 2012 8:25 pm

@ Lost:

My prayers are with her. Have you set up a PayPal account for her?

213 | November 6, 2012 8:25 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

You mean a national popular vote wins?

No…dividing up the state’s electoral votes, usually by congressional district, rather than all the votes going to whoever wins the state.

214. song_and_dance_man
    214 | November 6, 2012 8:25 pm

MacDuff wrote:

No one on Fox seems too optimistic. I’m getting bad vibes.

Relax. We have a long night still ahead.

215. Lily
    215 | November 6, 2012 8:26 pm

rain of lead wrote:

@ rain of lead:

ahhhh
    that was a 16 gauge shot from my shotgun shell shooter

You mean a shot from a real gun! I thought you meant a shot of whiskey. LOL!!!

216. eaglesoars
    216 | November 6, 2012 8:26 pm

Don’t give up on ole virginny. It’s early. Besides, in Northern Virginia (read ‘that’s where all the money is’) if sequestration goes thru, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people will be out of work.

217 | November 6, 2012 8:26 pm

If you have the Fox map up, click on Virginia. Looking really good for Romney and Allen.

218. John Difool
    218 | November 6, 2012 8:27 pm

Lily wrote:

@ John Difool:

Somehow Juan arrived at the logic that 80+ % of blacks voting for Obama wasn’t racist but 60% of whites voting for Romney was. He should go over to MSNBC & start a circle jerk with Chris Matthews.

219. song_and_dance_man
    219 | November 6, 2012 8:27 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Is there a big black market for cigs or did everyone just quit?

It’s not big, but tobacco is still getting in. Drugs still rule the pods with cigs being a lesser prob.

220. Dolphin
    220 | November 6, 2012 8:28 pm

@ Lily:
    Yep, we were warned about that earlier today.

Well posts are messing up on the pad – signing off for now (at least until a new thread)!

221. John Difool
    221 | November 6, 2012 8:29 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Wrong. Sequestration will be way harder on Tidewater, not NOVA.

Tidewater is the conservative metropolitan bastion of Virginia.

222. song_and_dance_man
    222 | November 6, 2012 8:29 pm

Lily wrote:

Juan, to me, is a respectable Prog, much like Susan Estrich and a few others.

223 | November 6, 2012 8:29 pm

They’re projecting Bill Nelson to win in Florida.

224. Mars
    224 | November 6, 2012 8:29 pm

Mars wrote:
    A nice blend of tobacco oil with a nice splash of cherry extract.
    I go for the straight unflavored sauce.

I tried both unflavored. The light was too bland. The regular was nice and rich like a cigar. Love it.

I’m using a volcano e cig and their oils right now. Plus I use a little bit of extract and sometimes use the stuff that potheads use to flavor their nasty crap.

225. 225 | November 6, 2012 8:29 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

No, but a scenario where electoral votes are apportioned in accordance with the percentage results; you still have the electoral college. I’ve heard good arguments both for and against.

226 | November 6, 2012 8:30 pm

MacDuff wrote:

No one on Fox seems too optimistic. I’m getting bad vibes.

Always with the negative waves, Moriarty. Always with the negative waves.

227. Lily
    227 | November 6, 2012 8:30 pm

Lily wrote:

@ John Difool:

That makes no sense! It isn’t because of obama’s skin color it is because of him and his policies…what about all those white people who voted for obama in 2008????? Juan is an idiot. Everytime he talks I have to yell at the TV…so I’m waiting …. ;)

228. eaglesoars
    228 | November 6, 2012 8:30 pm

Arkansas for Romney

229. John Difool
    229 | November 6, 2012 8:31 pm

Almost 1000 out of 2588 precincts reporting in right now from Va. showing Roomney & Allen with a +15% lead.

Hope NOVA doesn’t fuck this up.

230. 230 | November 6, 2012 8:31 pm

Obama 78
    Romney 88

231. rain of lead
    231 | November 6, 2012 8:31 pm

@ Lily:

hahaha
    no I have a shot glass like a shotgun shell that is marked in gauges
    410 is the lowest
    10 giage is the highest
    to early to do full shots yet

232. 232 | November 6, 2012 8:31 pm

Obama is hanging out at McCormick Place, from what I understand this location is isolated from the rest of the city. It has a body of water on one side and two highways that basically cut it off from the rest of the city. This is where they had a G8 summit…away from everything.
    This isn’t the kind of place you would hold a victory rally.. People would have to drive, take a taxi or walk across a freeway to get there as there is no mass transit in and out of this area.

Just say’n

233 | November 6, 2012 8:31 pm

NEW THREAD

234. 96cid
    234 | November 6, 2012 8:31 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    You mean a national popular vote wins?

This would be real Electoral College reform. I think it would be the fairest and would be real representative government. It would also stop the large states with lots of electoral votes from having so much influence on the election.

235. eaglesoars
    235 | November 6, 2012 8:32 pm

John Difool wrote:

Wrong. Sequestration will be way harder on Tidewater, not NOVA.
    Tidewater is the conservative metropolitan bastion of Virginia.

No argument at all. It’s just that I know NOVA so I can speak to that.

And trust me – sometimes I feel like I’ve infiltrated enemy territory.

236. Lily
    236 | November 6, 2012 8:32 pm

Lily wrote:

Juan, to me, is a respectable Prog, much like Susan Estrich and a few others.

Normally he is but when it concerns obama he is out there…waaaaay out there.

237. 237 | November 6, 2012 8:33 pm

@ The Osprey:

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyh-JpWdGmQ

238 | November 6, 2012 8:34 pm

I could see Obama joining wikileaks

239. song_and_dance_man
    239 | November 6, 2012 8:34 pm

I’m going upstairs

240. 240 | November 6, 2012 8:34 pm

That’s the scenario I’ve seen – winner in congressional district gets the electoral vote. State popular vote winner gets the two “senate” electoral votes.

241 | November 6, 2012 8:34 pm

@ 96cid:

The argument against it would be that the electoral vote totals would probably end up much closer, more in line with the popular vote, which would take away the illusion of a “mandate” for the winner.

242 | November 6, 2012 8:34 pm

NEW THREAD .

243. Mars
    243 | November 6, 2012 8:35 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Obama 78
    Romney 88

Yep and Romney has pulled ahead by about almost a million in the popular.

244. John Difool
    244 | November 6, 2012 8:35 pm

John Difool wrote:
    Wrong. Sequestration will be way harder on Tidewater, not NOVA.
    Tidewater is the conservative metropolitan bastion of Virginia.
    No argument at all. It’s just that I know NOVA so I can speak to that.
    And trust me — sometimes I feel like I’ve infiltrated enemy territory.

Yea I know them too. Too bad we can’t redraw the border at the Rappahannock instead of the Potemkintomac.

245. Bordm
    245 | November 6, 2012 8:36 pm

@ Miss Trixie:

Good to see you, luv! I think I have a pic about that — somewhere.

I’m pretty sure you lost that picture……. no need to look for it….

/// These are not the droids pictures you’re looking for.

246. Mars
    246 | November 6, 2012 8:36 pm

96cid wrote:

@ song_and_dance_man:
    You mean a national popular vote wins?

I’d love to see that. I’m so sick of California and similar places negating my electoral votes.

247. Lily
    247 | November 6, 2012 8:36 pm

@ rain of lead:

Boy did I get that wrong…LOL!!!

248. 96cid
    248 | November 6, 2012 8:37 pm

Lily wrote:

Lily wrote:
    @ John Difool:

Juan also believes people are getting “free” health screenings because of Obamacare. They really aren’t free, there is no co-pay but they are paid for with higher health insurance premiums.

249. 249 | November 6, 2012 8:38 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

I could see Obama joining wikileaks

Really? He could end up as cellmates with Bradley Manning!

250. Lost
    250 | November 6, 2012 8:38 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    Yes and ppl have been very kind.

As far as the election goes, I’m so nervous I’ve been eating all day!

251. 251 | November 6, 2012 8:38 pm

Offspring is begging for Mickey D’s. I suppose I must relent.
    He voted for Romney today.

252. 252 | November 6, 2012 8:38 pm

@ Mars:

God, the Demo☭rats would be utterly pissed at that proposal!

253 | November 6, 2012 8:39 pm

@ 96cid:

And when they start cutting reimbursements, they won’t get anything but a shiny Obamacare card that nobody will take.

Just like my medical care from the VA.

254. 96cid
    254 | November 6, 2012 8:40 pm

@ 96cid:

I think it would most represent the total population’s wishes.

255 | November 6, 2012 8:41 pm

@ Macker:
    Oh he’d be sly. But my point is he knows way more than his security clearance should allow

256. 96cid
    256 | November 6, 2012 8:41 pm

I am recalling more and more nicks from my long ago days at LGF.

257. Mars
    257 | November 6, 2012 8:43 pm

@ 96cid:
    Just like my medical care from the VA.

Yeah, what’s with our VA cards. The VA never asks for them and no one else takes them.

258. 258 | November 6, 2012 8:44 pm

John Difool wrote:
    Wrong. Sequestration will be way harder on Tidewater, not NOVA.
    Tidewater is the conservative metropolitan bastion of Virginia.
    No argument at all. It’s just that I know NOVA so I can speak to that.
    And trust me — sometimes I feel like I’ve infiltrated enemy territory.

I’m a secessionist. I’d go for the Mason-Dixon Line, plus Alaska if they want to make common cause with us.

259 | November 6, 2012 8:48 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Try the Crispy Chicken CBO! (Cheddar, Bacon, Onion)

260. 96cid
    260 | November 6, 2012 8:49 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

@ Macker:

Suffice to say he probably couldn’t get a security clearance without being POTUS.