Blood and Chrome OOT

by Macker ( 45 Comments › )
Filed under Entertainment, OOT, Open thread at November 8th, 2012 - 11:00 pm

For those of you who have subscriptions to the Machinima Prime YouTube Channel, you may want to check out Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome, which finally got a distribution from these folks, instead of (ugh) SyFy (aka “Skiffy”).
This series chronicles the closing years of the First Cylon War, when a young Ensign, William Adama, enters the fight. If you like Old Skool Cylons, they’re there!
The webseries premieres Friday, November 9. Amazon.com is already taking pre-orders for the Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Download product. Here’s an official Trailer:

Time to go Toaster Shopping on the Overnight Open Thread!
SO SAY WE ALL!

Tags: , , ,

Comments

45 Responses to “Blood and Chrome OOT”

1. rain of lead
    1 | November 8, 2012 11:09 pm

dude
    that looks so badass

2. Alberta Oil Peon
    2 | November 9, 2012 12:42 am

So is this new series a product of the Hollywood media machine? If you buy it, are you putting money in Leftists’ pockets? If you can’t answer both questions with a resounding, “No!”, then you are giving the enemy money to buy the shovel to bury you with.

3 | November 9, 2012 1:05 am

@ Alberta Oil Peon:
    That’s why I steal shows off of the internet… :cool:

4 | November 9, 2012 1:09 am

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

@ Alberta Oil Peon:
    That’s why I steal shows off of the internet…

I watched all my TV shows and movies in Kuwait that way.

5. Alberta Oil Peon
    5 | November 9, 2012 1:10 am

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    As far as I’m concerned, when an entity has identified itself as your enemy, it’s no sin to steal from it.

I’ve just lost interest in watching movies altogether, but if I really wanted to watch one, I’d find a way to do it without contributing to the Left-Media axis.

6 | November 9, 2012 1:12 am

This is pretty cool. Aerosmith did a short free concert on Monday to mark the dedication of the apartment they lived in back in 1972 as a landmark.

7 | November 9, 2012 1:13 am

Someone owes me some Quatloos!

8. Alberta Oil Peon
    8 | November 9, 2012 1:18 am

@ The Osprey:
    Quatloos looking pretty good against the $USD right now.

9 | November 9, 2012 1:27 am

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

@ The Osprey:
    Quatloos looking pretty good against the $USD right now.

I’m holding out for gold-pressed latinum.

10. 10 | November 9, 2012 1:31 am

Dedicated to the +50% of Nov 6.

11 | November 9, 2012 1:36 am

“Ahhh…they took my freakin’ kidney!”
    How I feel since Tuesday.

12. ThreeHundred
    12 | November 9, 2012 3:29 am

The current channel, SyFy, is not the same owner that produced that wonderful re-imagined Battlestar Galactica and spin-off “Caprica” series on SciFi….note the change in spelling, which occured when GE/NBC took over and started running wrestling as part of the line-up.

13. Guggi
    13 | November 9, 2012 4:14 am

You don’t say:

Rebels’ Missteps Weaken Support Among Syrians

The Syrian public is increasingly disgusted with the actions of some rebels, including poorly planned missions, senseless destruction, criminal behavior and the coldblooded killing of prisoners.

14. Guggi
    14 | November 9, 2012 4:20 am

From the same link above:

The rebel shortcomings have been compounded by changes in the opposition, from a force of civilians and defected soldiers who took up arms after the government used lethal force on peaceful protesters to one that is increasingly seeded with extremist jihadis. That radicalization has divided the fighters’ supporters and made Western nations more reluctant to give rebels the arms that might help break the intensifying deadlock. Instead, foreign leaders are struggling to find indirect ways to help oust Syria’s president, Bashar al-Assad.

15. Guggi
    15 | November 9, 2012 4:30 am

China Congress with McDonald logo :-)

16. 16 | November 9, 2012 5:17 am

@ ThreeHundred:

Hence the “ugh”….

17. 17 | November 9, 2012 5:23 am

@ The Osprey:

[Plunks down 10,000 Quatloos to The Osprey]….

18. Guggi
    18 | November 9, 2012 5:28 am

Loughner sentence

Kelly also took aim at state politicians over the issue of gun control, saying the “political class ignores white elephant of gun violence,” singling out Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer and the state legislature for saying guns not the problem.

19. 19 | November 9, 2012 5:37 am

Good morning everyone. A historic ocassion in photo walk history. East meets West! Okay, maybe not that historic…

20. 20 | November 9, 2012 6:01 am

@ Guggi:

We’re going to see the Left move on gun control now that Obama has been re-elected. We’re seeing it at the UN, and we’ll most likely see some Executive Orders about it coming from Obama. You can’t get anything through the Congress, but I don’t expect that will slow Obama any at all.

21. Guggi
    21 | November 9, 2012 6:13 am

This is a picture from Romney/Ryan in Florida during a prayer

Please can anyone explain the gesture of the man in the midst of the photo ?

22. 22 | November 9, 2012 6:18 am

Guggi wrote:

This is a picture from Romney/Ryan in Florida during a prayer

Please can anyone explain the gesture of the man in the midst of the photo ?

It’s not as it looks. Some evangelicals raise their palms toward the speaker during prayer. It’s pretty common, but I’m sure it’ll be misconstrued by many.

23. Guggi
    23 | November 9, 2012 6:19 am

MacDuff wrote:

It’s pretty common, but I’m sure it’ll be misconstrued by many.

Yes, it is and thank you for you answer.

24. 24 | November 9, 2012 6:23 am

@ Guggi:
    You’re welcome, and good morning.

25. Guggi
    25 | November 9, 2012 6:29 am

MacDuff wrote:

@ Guggi:
    You’re welcome, and good morning.

Good morning, MacDuff

26. 26 | November 9, 2012 7:01 am

I don’t doubt that at all. Mandatory registration? Massive tax on ammo? Limit on how many weapons you have? All of the above and more?

27. Guggi
    27 | November 9, 2012 7:34 am

It’s disgusting that Kelly used the court for political agitation. That’s why I linked it.

28. 28 | November 9, 2012 7:42 am

@ mfhorn:

We’ll see. The EPA was talking about regulating the lead in ammunition early on in the Obama Administration. That would make ammo prohibitively expensive. I mean, yeah, you’ll be able to buy ammo for a buck fifty a round or so, but buying 1000 rounds at a time will be prohibitively expensive, and training? Who can afford to train at such prices? It won’t affect hunting, so the Supreme Court under Roberts will probably go along with it. Because the Second Amendment is all about hunting, right? :roll:

We are so screwed. People think they’ve voted themselves a bunch of free shit, but what they’ve done is make economic collapse inevitable. We’re going to go back into recession (like we ever really left). I’ve done all I can on the national stage. I am just going to try and get me and mine through the collapse. I have a good job, the wife has a good job, so we are going to focus on getting out of debt. And we’ll buy ammo when we can until they kill that off.

29. 29 | November 9, 2012 7:46 am

Throwing something out here. Okay, we have cases of GOP poll watchers being evicted enmasse, precincts where the vote went 99% to Obama, cases of vote fraud on the left. Is there anything similar on the Republican side? A precinct that went 99% to Romney? All of the Democrat poll watchers evicted? Any case of a republican committing vote fraud? I know people are looking into the situation on the Democrat side. In order to counter the future arguments I think these questions should be answered before hand as well.

30. 30 | November 9, 2012 7:47 am

Hand loading, bullet casting, and so forth. Start stocking up on stuff to make cartridges. Primers would be a big one. You could probably find lead all over the place in bulk quantities if you need to.

31. 31 | November 9, 2012 7:49 am

@ Guggi:

That is what gun controllers do. They know that the cold logic of the arguement is against them, so they appeal to emotion, not reason. They see a tragedy like this as something to exploit. Witness Sarah Brady, who turned her husband’s shooting into a very profitable industry for herself.

32. Guggi
    32 | November 9, 2012 7:53 am

I didn’t know this.

33. 33 | November 9, 2012 7:54 am

@ PaladinPhil:

Yeah, you can buy bulk lead at a dive shop, so you’ll be able to get ammo. They know they’ll never be able to stop gun ownership completely. What they aim to do is make it almost impossible to do legally, and make it as difficult and expensive as possibl. Something they’ve already done with machineguns, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, and suppressors. I’ve said forever that if the latter regulations are Constitutional (I don’t think they are, BTW), then strict gun control is probably invitable. They know it is a loser at the polls, but after this election they probably feel like they can do anything and win as long as they promise to rob the producers to give to the parasites. And they are probably right.

34. 34 | November 9, 2012 7:54 am

@ PaladinPhil:

The polling place I worked went for Obama about 3:1. I was the token Republican working there.

As far as Republican fraud, I know there were some serious questions about some actions taken by a company that, IIRC, was doing some of the registration. Actual election day fraud like the ’99% for Obama’ there in PA? Not that I’ve heard.

35. 35 | November 9, 2012 7:55 am

Your EPA is doing an end run around a lot of liberties. Too bad there was no way to shut them down.

36. 36 | November 9, 2012 7:57 am

@ Guggi:

At one point in time she was making over a quarter of a million a year from Handgun Control, Inc. I don’t know what she’s doing now, though. Gun control was one of the big factors in the 1994 takeover of congress, something Clinton acknowledged at one time. It has been poisonous ever since then, but after this election I expect to see movement on that front. The parasite class doesn’t care, and they are big enough to elect a President now.

37. 37 | November 9, 2012 7:59 am

@ mfhorn:
    It’s a start. What brings this up was a conversation I had with someone. They said “Well it probably happens on the republican side as well.” Since I hadn’t seen anything I figured this would be one tactic uninformed people would use “Both sides do it”. If we can show that no, both sides DON’T do it, we may be able to get somewhere.

38. 38 | November 9, 2012 8:02 am

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

@ Da_Beerfreak:

Same here.

Only movies I watch are ones that conservatives make and post on YouTube for free, or old movies that we get on the basic cable that comes with our RV park lot rental.

39. 39 | November 9, 2012 8:04 am

mfhorn wrote:

@ PaladinPhil:

If there were any, the MSM would be trumpeting it, you can be sure of that.

40. 40 | November 9, 2012 8:05 am

@ PaladinPhil:

You might point out to them that the Republicans are the ones that want voter ID, which will make vote fraud almost impossible to comitt. All the nonsense about “voter suppression” is just that, nonsense. The only voters that would be suppressed by voter ID are fraudulent voters. The Democrats know this. Voter fraud is almost exclusively comitted by the Democrats, and certainly the large-scale vote fraud is a Democrat institution.

41. eaglesoars
    41 | November 9, 2012 8:07 am

Guggi wrote:

Kelly showed his true colors shortly after the shooting when some ‘journalist’ asked him if Sarah Palin had called (because it was all her fault for using bulls-eyes on maps).

Instead of saying “No, why should she?” he sniffed “no, she hasn’t”, thereby validating the premise of the question.

Asshole.

42. 42 | November 9, 2012 8:08 am

Voter ID was mentioned. Two Canadians here talking IRL. ID is a requirement to vote.

43. 43 | November 9, 2012 8:10 am

@ PaladinPhil:
    Oh, and she brought up the idea of “disenfranchisement” of requiring ID. “So many people have lost documents in tragic fires….”, I called BS on that one. Not that many people could have lost EVERYTHING in tragedies, or wouldn’t be able to prove who they were.

44. 44 | November 9, 2012 8:12 am

PaladinPhil wrote:

ID is a requirement to vote.

It should be. It is easier to vote than to buy a beer in most states right now. If you suppressed the illegal vote, it is possible that that would have been enough for Romney to have won it. The illegal vote doesn’t have to be too awful big to swing the very close states. You could do it with less than 100,000 illegal votes. There’s no way to prove it, of course, but it is telling that the Democrats simply don’t see a problem with illegal voting. As long as the illegal vote is cast for a Democrat, that is. If you had wide-scale vot efraud on the Republican side, the Democrats would want to do something about that.

45. 45 | November 9, 2012 8:14 am

@ PaladinPhil:

You can get replacement documents. I had to get a replacement birth certificate a few years ago. It was a pain in the ass, but nothing really major. The only people “disenfranchised” by voter ID are the illegal voters. People who whine about that just don’t have the balls to say that they are pro-voter fraud. Or they are so dumb they have to be reminded to breathe occasionally.