Mrs Coldwarrior…

by coldwarrior ( 82 Comments › )
Filed under Open thread at November 8th, 2012 - 6:59 pm

Is resting comfortably in the step-down unit after having a stent placed for a 100% blockage of her Right Coronary Artery.

She thanks you all for your prayers and kind words. She should be discharged home tomorrow.

She had complained of fatigue for a year to her doctor and weird feelings in her chest. So be advised, 42 is not to young to have a heart attack.

So take this example to heart ( :lol: ) And Look After Yourselves!

This is an open thread.

Comments

82 Responses to “Mrs Coldwarrior…”

1. song_and_dance_man
    1 | November 8, 2012 7:03 pm

Let me be the first to say, am I first?

2 | November 8, 2012 7:04 pm

good grief…tough night out
    my sincere best wishes

3. eaglesoars
    3 | November 8, 2012 7:04 pm

CW how are the children? I hope this wasn’t too frightening for them.

4. Mars
    4 | November 8, 2012 7:04 pm

That’s the best news I’ve heard all week.

5 | November 8, 2012 7:09 pm

heysoos wrote:

good grief…tough night out
    my sincere best wishes

and i have tina’s funeral tomorrow…

6 | November 8, 2012 7:09 pm

Cold. Glad to hear the missus is OK. I saw a brief mention of this (yesterday, I think) but I was in the midst of mourning for our country and NoThreat. At any rate, what a shocker. When and where did the event occur?

7 | November 8, 2012 7:10 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

CW how are the children? I hope this wasn’t too frightening for them.

they are having a great time at gramma’s house.

the 4 year old is still too young to really ‘get it’.

8 | November 8, 2012 7:10 pm

Mars wrote:

That’s the best news I’ve heard all week.

it is.

9 | November 8, 2012 7:10 pm

Thank God she’s doing well. May she enjoy a refuah shelemah (a complete healing).

10 | November 8, 2012 7:13 pm

huckfunn wrote:

at the hospital where we work! the head of cardiology placed the stents, the lead for cardiac surgery was his second.

so if one is going to have a heart attack, have it AT a level 1 hospital that has a world famous cardiology department. from onset to cath time was 40 minutes.

she has a dreadful family history on both sides of terrible heart disease. so this happened nice and early to a young heart that has great collateral perfusion. now she has a baseline, the meds, the stent, and world class cardiologists to follow her. this event and treatment will trump her genetics.

11 | November 8, 2012 7:14 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

i will pass that on!

she feels great, says she feels 20 years younger now. amazing what a well perfused heart can do.

12. song_and_dance_man
    12 | November 8, 2012 7:14 pm

cw

I pray and I will pray for you and yours.

13. eaglesoars
    13 | November 8, 2012 7:15 pm

work to do, so I’ll say good nite. God Bless, CW. Sorry I couldn’t make it tomorrow.

14 | November 8, 2012 7:16 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

i’ll take a few pics…

15 | November 8, 2012 7:16 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

cw
    I pray and I will pray for you and yours.

this was a fortunate event as i stated above.

16. Buckeye Abroad
    16 | November 8, 2012 7:19 pm

I didn’t know. Fantastic it worked out. You’re about the same age as Andrew Breitbart, yes`?

17 | November 8, 2012 7:21 pm

Incredible! I’ve never heard of a lucky heart attack, but if there is such a thing, that was it. Good luck to her and all you warriors.

18 | November 8, 2012 7:22 pm

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

yep.

19. Buckeye Abroad
    19 | November 8, 2012 7:27 pm

So am I. Take care of your girl… I couldn’t live without mine.

20. Brick
    20 | November 8, 2012 7:28 pm

Wow, CW! From the sounds of things, if it had to happen, it’s fortunate it happened where and when it did. We’ll keep you and yours in our prayers and Tina’s clan, too. Good luck tomorrow and keep the faith.

21. 21 | November 8, 2012 7:29 pm

Talk about beating the odds WOW! Man I hope the Berlin luck carries over to my brood.

Speedy recovery Mrs. CW!

22 | November 8, 2012 7:31 pm

heh, i thought we needed some good news after this hell-week.

bbiab!

ITS AN OPEN THREAD>>>>

23. song_and_dance_man
    23 | November 8, 2012 7:34 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Going back to what we discussed shortly back thread. And also knowing that you are not only a student of American Law but as well The Law, do you see a difference between what is legal and what is Lawful?

I have a hard time reconciling what any society deems legal where those statutes/code are in direct opposition to the Law.

24 | November 8, 2012 7:42 pm

So be advised, 42 is not to young to have a heart attack.

Indeed. My youngest brother (youngest of 9 siblings) dropped dead of a heart attack on August 13. No warning whatsoever. He was overweight and probably got little or no excersise on a regular basis.

25. song_and_dance_man
    25 | November 8, 2012 7:43 pm

The recent post thing on the right side bar is gone.

26. Buckeye Abroad
    26 | November 8, 2012 7:44 pm

heh, i thought we needed some good news after this hell-week.

bbiab!

ITS AN OPEN THREAD>>>>

Good news. The republican challanger to my local county sheriff office won election by 2,ooo votes.

The bad news: The democrat incumbent Sheriff won 7,000 votes despite his wife doing 3 years for embezzlement from the local credit union to the paltry sum of +$160,000. They don’t have to pay it back either. It’s not her first time stealing funds either. The credit union sacked 3 employees to cover overhead.

He lost the election, but still enjoys the truck and fishing boat his wife bought for him.

27. song_and_dance_man
    27 | November 8, 2012 7:45 pm

My next best friend died on a hike trail doing what he loved best. The doctors said he died before he hit the ground. That’s how I want to go.

28 | November 8, 2012 7:51 pm

Lots of prayers from Glenshaw.

29 | November 8, 2012 7:51 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

The recent post thing on the right side bar is gone.

It was taken down before the election night threads in order to speed up the threads. I hope they’ll put it back up one of these days.

30. 30 | November 8, 2012 7:51 pm

Please send my Get Well wishes to the Mrs., CW!

31. song_and_dance_man
    31 | November 8, 2012 7:57 pm

Threads like this are an upper and a downer. Up, because someone, miss cw, has found healing; down, because it reminds us all of our mortality.

I intend to live for at least another 30 years, God willing, and hope to change that to additional years. Providing I change my ways.

32. Guggi
    32 | November 8, 2012 7:57 pm

cw, best wishes for your wife.

33 | November 8, 2012 7:58 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

@ buzzsawmonkey:

You mean like this?:

School Children Taught About Gay Foreplay, Saran Wrap

A school district in Maine is apologizing after middle school students learned about homosexual foreplay during what was supposed to be a “Diversity Day” presentation.

“I don’t want my child taught heterosexual foreplay, let alone homosexual foreplay,” outraged parent Kristy Howard told Fox News.

The principal of Gorham Middle School sent a letter to parents apologizing for the graphic nature of the presentation by PRYSM, Proud Rainbow Youth of Southern Maine.

“They went beyond the scope of our intentions and discussed topics that we do not deem appropriate for our middle school,” Robert Riley wrote in a letter obtained by The American Journal. “We do not intend to expose them to ideas that are not within the scope of our teaching about responsible citizenship as it is embedded in our code of conduct.”

The incident occurred two weeks before the state voted to approve gay marriage – and involved a classroom of 25 eighth graders.

34. gibsonz
    34 | November 8, 2012 8:05 pm

That is great news Mr. Coldwarrior that your wife is doing well and I hope for a full and speedy recovery. I can assure you I know all too well the devastation of heart disease and it`s sudden impact upon ones life. I wasn`t so fortunate, the love of my life, my reason for being, my soul mate fell over dead at the age of 44 on March 2nd, 2008. She was beautiful, vibrant, and full of life. She was the ‘son’ her father never had (he died at 47), and unfortunately he was correct in his assertion…no male had ever lived to 50 in her family, unfortunately in her case, heart disease is not gender specific…she died a sudden death without warning or circumstance…or so it seemed…it hindsight all the warning signs were there. She complained of heartburn and funny sensations that were dismissed as indigestion, she would become easily fatigued and we ignored it and dismissed it as being ‘out of shape’, so easily we overlook the obvious in the hectic day to day struggles of life! Thankfully your wife will live a full and productive life with proper treatment and care…YOU ARE a lucky man Mr. Coldwarrior…you won the lottery! I mean this in the best sense from a guy who can tell you the other side of the outcome…

35 | November 8, 2012 8:34 pm

Mr CW send Mrs CCW some flowers for us and wish her health and happiness. We need someone to keep CW on track. Modern medicine is pretty good for these things.

36. song_and_dance_man
    36 | November 8, 2012 8:37 pm

Yeah, like that.

There is, what some call Natural Law, an inherent indigenous latent code that is embedded within all, that tells us what is Right and Wrong; good and evil, and on the other side of this gamut are those who find the legality of resistive law that rests in an ever gaining acceptance through societal acceptance that allows them to find harbor that is contrary to this unwritten Natural Law

This is where it gets complicated and so my question about what is legal and not Lawful.

I’m not a good writer, but I hope that makes sense.

37. 37 | November 8, 2012 8:40 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

Everyone has a Natural Knowledge of God.

38. brookly red
    38 | November 8, 2012 8:40 pm

I assume the 8th graders were under 18 (hey it’s not Chicago)so I think there are a few people that should be doing some time…

39. song_and_dance_man
    39 | November 8, 2012 8:43 pm

@ Macker:
    I should have just quoted Paul. The law of God is written on our hearts.

40. 40 | November 8, 2012 8:46 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Adding my wish for a complete recovery!

41. brookly red
    41 | November 8, 2012 8:46 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

I’m not a good writer, but I hope that makes sense.

for example: thou shalt not steal. Wealth redistribution may be legal but not lawful.

42. 42 | November 8, 2012 8:48 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

GMTA!

43. 43 | November 8, 2012 8:48 pm

huckfunn wrote:

So be advised, 42 is not to young to have a heart attack.

Sorry to hear that. Was your brother in his 40s as well?

44. brookly red
    44 | November 8, 2012 8:48 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

@ Macker:
    I should have just quoted Paul. The law of God is written on our hearts.

Indeed, and a perfect lead in to wish Mrs. Cold Warrior well :)

45 | November 8, 2012 8:52 pm

Kirly wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Was your brother in his 40s as well?

He was 46.

46. 46 | November 8, 2012 8:52 pm

@ gibsonz:
    That is so sad. I’m so sorry for your loss.

47. song_and_dance_man
    47 | November 8, 2012 9:06 pm

brookly red wrote:

Great point that used less words.

Entitlements. They are wrong headed for the most part. Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for life.

48 | November 8, 2012 9:08 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Well, that raises a lot of interesting questions.

I try and avoid Biblical references when discussing issues related to homosexual behavior, partly because people interpret the Bible differently, but mostly because it can end up raising church/state issues which end up distracting from the main issue.

However, since the subject has been raised, I will point out that nowhere in the Torah/Old Testament is there any mention of “homosexuality”; there is, rather, condemnation of homosexual behavior. That is, there is no discussion of, or allusion to, the “status” of “being gay,” nor is there any condemnation of homosexual behavior as “unnatural.” As a much-better-read-in-Torah-law-than-I friend once pointed out, the Torah does not command us to do anything that we would do “naturally,” nor does it forbid us from doing anything that we—well, somebody—would not do “naturally.” Thus, it is “natural” for some people to want to engage in incest; incest is not forbidden because it is “unnatural,” but because those people for whom it is natural must be stopped from doing it.

The same holds true for homosexual behavior; it’s not forbidden on the basis of “unnaturalness,” but precisely because it is natural for some people to want to engage in it; morality is not the operation of “nature” but the imposition of will for the purpose of restricting natural impulses.

Historically, homosexual orgies and temple prostitution (with both men and women) were features of idolatrous worship. Most people know that ancient Greek society, for instance, was built around the practice of pederasty; fewer are aware that prostitution was practiced in their temples, and that when one reads in the Greek myths that so-and-so was a “son of Zeus,” for example, that is because he was born to a temple prostitute in the Temple of Zeus.

In both of the instances where the prohibition against homosexual behavior appears in Leviticus, it is preceded by the prohibition against child sacrifice, against giving one’s children to Moloch (the second time, it appears at a slight remove; the first time, it follows the Moloch prohibition immediately). This suggests strongly that the prohibition was initially aimed at eliminating the practice of homosexual behavior in the context of idolatrous worship—particularly when considered in connection with the prohibition against men or women engaging in temple prostitution in Deuteronomy. The original prohibition against this idolatrous practice was probably expanded to a general prohibition during the Hellenistic period, i.e., the early Talmudic period around the time that Alexander conquered the Eastern Mediterranean, and Greek social behavior became the norm.

The entire series of sexual prohibitions in Leviticus (of which homosexual behavior is extremely small potatoes) is aimed at taking the sacrament of sex out of the context of a public temple and creating sacredness in the context of home and family. I should also add that, given the prohibition against imposing any death penalty for any transgression of Biblical law unless there was eyewitness testimony from two witnesses, it was practically impossible for any death penalty for homosexual behavior to be imposed as long as one stayed on the downlow.

49. brookly red
    49 | November 8, 2012 9:08 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

brookly red wrote:

Great point that used less words.

but give a man another mans fish and he votes for you for life

50 | November 8, 2012 9:13 pm

A school district in Maine is apologizing after middle school students learned about homosexual foreplay during what was supposed to be a “Diversity Day” presentation…

I wonder if Kevin Jennings, Obama’s former “Safe Schools Czar,” was lurking nearby. Recall that Jennings, who regarded/regards NAMBLA founder Harry Hay as a hero, was involved in an organization teaching “safe fisting” to highschool students.

The “anti-bullying” initiatives in schools are largely a blind for introducing more pro-homosexual-behavior indoctrination under the guise of protecting the bullied. It would be a mistake not to realize that the end object of this ever-younger sexualization is the lowering, if not outright abolition, of the age of consent.

51. gibsonz
    51 | November 8, 2012 9:14 pm

@ huckfunn:
    Unfortunately it happens everyday in this Nation, and around the world as well…I feel your pain!

52. gibsonz
    52 | November 8, 2012 9:15 pm

@ Kirly:
    Thank you…it was hard, and still is!

53. 53 | November 8, 2012 9:21 pm

Thank God they caught things in time. I know what she’s going through. Prayers to both of you & your family.

54. brookly red
    54 | November 8, 2012 9:22 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

/great choice libs give kids… aborted or fucked.

55. whosoever
    55 | November 8, 2012 9:22 pm

Glad she’s doing OK, CW. Need good news!

56 | November 8, 2012 9:24 pm

gibsonz wrote:

@ huckfunn:

Thanks for your thoughts. For the me, the worst part is the fact that he left 2 young sons (11 and 13) and a wife several years younger than he was. Fortunately the extended family and church are very involved and very helpful.

57. Prebanned
    57 | November 8, 2012 9:30 pm

How wonderful you did not lose Mrs Coldwarrior!

58. Prebanned
    58 | November 8, 2012 9:32 pm

@ gibsonz:
    Gibsonz, that is so sad.

59. Prebanned
    59 | November 8, 2012 9:38 pm

@ huckfunn:
    That is sad.
    My Dad died 6 years ago at 59, at a CCW class, there was a nurse and an officer at the class and they performed CPR and called an ambulance immedietly.
    There was nothing anyone could do, He was just gone.
    You just never know how much time anyone has.
    Everybody is going sometime.

60. Mars
    60 | November 8, 2012 9:41 pm

My father died in front of me in March. Was reaching for Tums and just dropped. My brother and I tried cpr until the ambulance arrived and they continued all the way to the hospital.

He came back a couple times but lost the battle that night.

61 | November 8, 2012 9:42 pm

@ Prebanned:
    One never knows. Everyone over 40, particularly married with kids, should have their affairs in order and their loved ones provided for.

62. song_and_dance_man
    62 | November 8, 2012 9:44 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

The gist of the point I wanted to get clarification on was not just the homosexual aspect of where civil-legal code opposes the Lawful. The question begged a more generic answer. That is, where is the point where the legality of a behavior comes in direct opposition to what we, many on board, might consider it just what is Lawful, in relation to what not only Moses passed on.

That is a fine point that one can use for a would be thief. He’ll be fine just as long as he doesn’t steal.

I find that to be on the border of ludicrous, when allowing something that is contrary to what we know of the nature of man and woman. Morality, and law, could be the imposition of the defining fact that makes people who they should be, in the eyes of God.

Morality is the defining keystone for any society that seeks ennobling and the hallmark for any who seek it.

63. 63 | November 8, 2012 9:50 pm

What Romney ought to do now.

My suggestion to Mitt Romney is to go back into business with Bain, or to form another company, and do what he did before, with a vengeance. I think he ought to take it the limit, go whole hog and make a billion dollars in the next 4 years and then tell the country: I could’ve done it for the country, but you idiots said no. Enjoy your misery.

64. 64 | November 8, 2012 9:54 pm

father_of_10 wrote:

I could’ve done it for the country, but you idiots said no. Enjoy your misery.

Thank God, Mitt actually has too much class for that.

65. song_and_dance_man
    65 | November 8, 2012 9:59 pm

buzz

It’s not my intent on chasing or fisking you, as it were. You just happen to be the leading authority on legal issues as well being adequately versed on the Torah.

I just have a problem with moral issues where they pertain to what society has collectively deemed legal. And it so happened you raised this, to me, conundrum in the back thread.

66. song_and_dance_man
    66 | November 8, 2012 10:06 pm

father_of_10 wrote:

Unfortunately the idiots would not be on any dole Mitt would be a part of. He’s into jobs and not welfare.

67. song_and_dance_man
    67 | November 8, 2012 10:08 pm

Dorian

Have you seen this? a 7 year old playing Roades. Crazy

68. song_and_dance_man
    68 | November 8, 2012 10:21 pm

I made a delicious tuna salad for work.

albacore white in water, salsa, carrot, pickled ginger, mixed lettuce, onion, egg and thousand island dressing. Tastes great in a tortilla.

69. brookly red
    69 | November 8, 2012 10:23 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

I made a delicious tuna salad for work.

salsa and pickled ginger… Kinky

70. song_and_dance_man
    70 | November 8, 2012 10:25 pm

@ brookly red:
    The salsa was for heat, the ginger, because I’ve never done it before. Subtle taste.

71. 71 | November 8, 2012 10:26 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

That’s just sick… :twisted:

72. song_and_dance_man
    72 | November 8, 2012 10:26 pm

later

Off to less challenging modes.

73. song_and_dance_man
    73 | November 8, 2012 10:29 pm

doriangrey wrote:

That’s just sick

I hardly remember what I was doing at 7 years of age. What a ride that KID must be on.

74. 74 | November 8, 2012 10:35 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

doriangrey wrote:
    That’s just sick

Dude is killing me… Hell, I didn’t even start playing guitar until I was 10… :sad:

75. Alberta Oil Peon
    75 | November 8, 2012 10:44 pm

CW, I am glad to hear the missus is making a recovery from her heart attack. Too much bad news this week.

76. AZfederalist
    76 | November 8, 2012 10:44 pm

Haven’t been here for a few days; too PO’d at Tuesday’s results to be civil so missed the news on Mrs. Coldwarrior.

Prayers for a rapid recovery.

77 | November 8, 2012 10:53 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

I don’t know as I’d call myself a “leading authority,” but I bashfully accept the compliment.

As far as being “fisked,” I’m not worried. The give and take with the real folks here and the other sites I frequent (I do not include our little trollies) is a source of pleasure, not perturbation.

78. song_and_dance_man
    78 | November 8, 2012 11:34 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Kind and fine words from a gentleman. A good night that had some friendly challenge.

79. 79 | November 9, 2012 12:26 am

huckfunn wrote:

@ Prebanned:

Exactly.

My husband had to call work today and tell them I couldn’t come in on account of my collapsing during an asthma attack. Seemed to be triggered by lifting some bags of garbage. Not very heavy bags either. Dunno why it would make me sick. :(

I started feeling nauseous and gasping & my vision went dim. That asthma is not under adequate control and I will be looked at by a nurse practitioner tomorrow morning to see if we can get it sorted out. It’s also possible I have some kind of bug. I’m aching all over and my eyes are watery.

80. 80 | November 9, 2012 12:28 am

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

I second that. No kidding about the bad news!

A little piece of good news … it’s possible that Allen West may keep his House seat. I’m so glad he’s fighting the vote fraud. Vote fraud is truly, truly evil and must never be tolerated by anyone.

81 | November 9, 2012 12:32 am

@ 1389AD:

Vote fraud is truly, truly evil and must never be tolerated by anyone.

I’m becoming increasingly convinced that that’s how Obama managed to win this election. PA and Ohio at a minimum look to have been rigged.

And don’t get me started on the military absentee ballots.

82. 2soonold2latesmart
    82 | November 9, 2012 12:40 am

Coldwarrior and Mrs Coldwarrior,

So glad to hear that everything went well and that you are on the path to recovery. There is hope.

Cardiac events are so unpredictable and different. As was pointed out in this thread, some people just literally drop dead in their tracks, while others just get warning signals, that if heeded promptly result in the proper remediation action.

That is my story too. On Sept 22, 2005 I was out with my hiking group on our regular weekly hike, and I felt weak and was having trouble keeping with my usual fellow hikers. So I turned around and went back, got in my car and drove home. When I laid down to rest, I felt a pain in my chest, and down my left arm, so then knew this was a cardiac event and so I had my wife take me down to our local hospital emergency department. I was still able to walk around OK on my own at this time.

They did some initial tests and determined that there was some kind of a cardiac event and so they checked me in immediately and put me on medications. A few hours later they did an angiogram procedure where they send a thin tube up through a vein entering near my groin. This is an exploration procedure to determine what the problem is.

They found two blockages -- one 100% blocked and one 90% blocked on some arteries near my heart. Right after that, they did the angioplasty procedure where they again enter the vein (or artery) near my groin and this time place stents (two of them) to open up the blockages. I was sedated during these procedures, but awake and aware of what was going on. I remember being so impressed by the team effort involved in this operation.

After that I stayed in the hospital for about nine days for observation and went home with a bunch of pills to take. I am still taking some pills even now, seven years later. The good news is that I have fully recovered and am in good health and quite active even now at age 72.

My photostream on Flickr

I am so thankful for my good fortune to be living in this age where modern medicine can achieve such miracles. It could have been so much worse. I have learned since my initial event that if you sense any sign of cardiac distress, to immediately call 911 and get medical help. Don’t try to be a hero and find your own way to a hospital. If you call 911, you get medical diagnosis and treatment as soon as the ambulance arrives. Minutes are so precious at this time.

So that is my little sermon for today. Know the signs of heart attacks or strokes, and get help as soon as possible if you ever think you are affected. And may good fortune follow you too.