Reaping the whirlwind

by Speranza ( 133 Comments › )
Filed under Democratic Party, Elections 2012, Media, Movies, Politics at November 8th, 2012 - 8:00 am

The three pillars of Democratic strength – the educational system, the media, and the popular culture.

by Roger Simon

I have to admit something. Unlike most of my PJM colleagues and many in the right punditocracy, deep down I never thought Mitt Romney would win.

I’m not bragging here, not in the slightest. I’m no Nostradamus of any sort and I wish to God it had been otherwise. But if you look back at the collective prediction post of the other day, you will see that mine was very short, almost terse. I was hiding behind Michael Barone, a friend whose knowledge I respect immensely, relying on his views and obfuscating my own, almost willing them away.

[........]

Still don’t, but analyzing what occurred in any but the bleakest manner is to be Dr. Pangloss times ten. Anyone who continues to think America is a center-right country is chugging so much Kool-Aid he or she is in danger of turning into a blimp and floating off into space. (That includes me for listening to and believing my good friend Hugh Hewitt when he said this repeatedly.)

A country with 8 or who knows what percent real employment, headed for insolvency in a global meltdown, with a national debt reaching to Alpha Centauri, just voted for more of the same. Romney did worse than McCain in many areas.

[.......]

I don’t blame Mitt Romney. He wasn’t the greatest candidate, but plug in any of the others who were competing and it likely would have been worse. Imagine how Rick Santorum would have dealt with the bogus and repellent “war on women” and imagine an electoral map almost exclusively blue. And that’s just for starters. There was little anyone could do. The electorate had already been brainwashed (more of that in a moment).

Yes, the president has luck that makes the Irish seem like failures: A hurricane arrives in the nick of time to save him from his Libya lies (not that the media wasn’t already covering up for him, but still). And he gets a boost from a Republican governor more interested in his own survival than the country’s.

But even with that luck you would think the electorate would have the brains (self-preservation really) to put him out of office.

So we have a problem with democracy. It’s not working or, more specifically, has been turned on its end, with the masses manipulated against their own self-interest, creating power elites similar to those described in Milovan Djilas’ The New Class.

How did that happen? I think many of us know there are three pillars of our own destruction: the educational system, the media and entertainment (the popular arts).

Those three areas are so corrupted those who legitimately are on the center-right (or anywhere close to it) will increasingly find themselves swimming upstream against a current so great who knows where it will take them. (Think Hayek, Orwell, etc.) We must address ourselves to these three immediately before it is too late. In many ways, it already is. Culture is the mother of politics and mother is turning into Medea.

If it sounds as if I am depressed, I am. Extremely. We are indeed riding the whirlwind. The America we thought we knew was not there. The face of the globe just changed as well. The enemies of democracy are laughing.

{……]

Read the rest - The Whirlwind is here

Tags:

Comments

133 Responses to “Reaping the whirlwind”

1. rain of lead
    1 | November 8, 2012 8:10 am

to steal a quote from Stacy Mccain

In a way, the results are Obama’s best possible punishment. The bad news is that there will be substantial collateral damage, and damage to your collateral. Great time not to be too attached to your toys.

My worry is that, as FDR II rolls us on through the Even Greater American Depression (EGAD), the saga climaxes in WWIII.

2. Storagemanager
    2 | November 8, 2012 8:10 am

In his second term, Obama will try to add his name to those of Nebuchadnezzar and Titus, who exiled the Jews from Bethlehem, Shilo, Beit El and Hevron. And if a more left-leaning government rises in Israel in the next January elections, Obama will also have his Josephus Flavius in Jerusalem to implement this Judenrein program.

The real Obama’s vendetta won’t be personally against “Bibi”, but against the Jews of Israel. Obama will use the Diaspora in order to punish the Israelis. The US Jews who enthusiastically re-elected the president are blind to and comfortable with the avalanche that is going to fall on the State of Israel. Under Obama, a malignant growth will raise its ugly head: anti-Jewish legislation.

Jewish building in Judea and Samaria will be reduced to the status of an exception. A Jew will be allowed to build only within the pale of “Jewish settlements”. Even a Jew who owns the land and who possesses a building license from the municipality, will be nevertheless forbidden to build.

And this is solely because of his race. Just because he is a Jew. Jewish human rights will be trampled underfoot, Jewish democratic rights will be disregarded.

3. 3 | November 8, 2012 8:25 am

I’d like a large order of schadenfreude with extra irony, please!

4. ferb123
    4 | November 8, 2012 8:44 am

MacDuff wrote:

I’d like a large order of schadenfreude with extra irony, please!

Hello,

here you can find a ranking of the most accurate polls for election 2012

1.PPP
    2.Daily Kos
    3.YouGov

24.Rasmussen LoooooL
    24.Gallup LooooooooooooL

(rasmussen party id poll for oct2012: R+5.8 LooooooooooooooL
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/archive/mood_of_america_archive/partisan_trends/summary_of_party_affiliation )

;)

5. rain of lead
    5 | November 8, 2012 8:48 am

ok dipshit
    we get it
    the polls were right
    obama won

ya got anything new to bring to the table
    or are you just going to be a dick
    (more than you already are)

6. 6 | November 8, 2012 8:50 am

Democracy can only work when the people are educated, knowledgable about current events, and when they put the COuntry first, above their own selfish aims. 52% of the population wishes to live off the sweat of the other 48% of the population, and Barack Obama promised a way for this to happen. Such a society is not sustainable, but Obama doesn’t care about that (indeed, he may consider its unsustainability a feature, not a bug). All the Democrats care about is personal power, and the dumbed-down 52% will give them that power for “free” goodies paid for with money borrowed from China or stolen from their fellow citizens who actually produce. We have become a parasite society. I don’t think there is anything that will change that until we collapse. When we collapse, the parasites will be discarded. Many of them will litterally starve. That is fine by me. I am just trying to get my household in position to survive the inevitible collapse.

7 | November 8, 2012 8:51 am

@ ferb123:

how you gonna pay for all this debt?

seriously.

i’ll give you a day to answer this question. i expect it by tomorrow am. dazzle us with your brilliance.

8. 8 | November 8, 2012 8:52 am

@ ferb123:

I guess you didn’t get the “irony” part. Oh, and I’ll not be replying to your poorly written, immature, banal posts again, so enjoy this one.

9. 9 | November 8, 2012 8:54 am

Borrow more money from China, of course. The real question is what are we going to do when China won’t loan to us for next to nothing interest, and the interest on our debt goes up? That could throw us into default much quicker than Greece fell apart.

10. 10 | November 8, 2012 8:55 am

@ MacDuff:

Time to simply GAZE at the toddler contingent. The attention whores need to go back to DU.

11. 11 | November 8, 2012 8:56 am

I understand that we may be looking at yet another credit downgrade.

12. 12 | November 8, 2012 8:57 am

Oh,. and unlike Greece, there will be nobody to bail us out. I really hope Ferb enjoys the wars that are coming his way when the US falls. It’ll be a return to the early 20th Century internationally, with the Islamic Hordes in place of Germany as the greatest threat to the world. And they will be a much greater threat than Gemany because there are so many more of them. And they will have nukes. Four more years of Obama guarantees that Iran will get nuclear weapons, and that gruarantees a nuclear war in the Middle East. Why is it the so-called Peace faction wants Nuclear War so badly? The only answer I can come up with is they hate the Jews more than they love Peace.

13 | November 8, 2012 8:57 am

@ ferb123:
    how you gonna pay for all this debt?
    seriously.

My only comfort is that the Obama voters will be hurt just as bad as the rest of us.

14 | November 8, 2012 8:58 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

I understand that we may be looking at yet another credit downgrade.

The fun never stops.

15. rain of lead
    15 | November 8, 2012 8:58 am

hey CW
    can you take a copy of the rest in peace post
    to Tina’s funeral
    I think it would be nice for the family to see how many people
    from her “online” family loved her and will miss her

16 | November 8, 2012 8:58 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ MacDuff:

They have not completed their toilet training.

17. 17 | November 8, 2012 8:59 am

@ Carolina Girl:

That is inevitible, whether it happens today or a year from now. By the end of Obama’s reign, we will be over $21 trillion in debt, and God alone knows what our GDP will have sunk to. The second wave of the Great Recession is coming. The stock market crash of yesterday is just a foretaste of the economic doom that is headed our way. Obama will be so much worse in his second term.

18 | November 8, 2012 9:00 am

@ rain of lead:

yep.

bbl

19. 19 | November 8, 2012 9:00 am

Gutfeld quoted “TV’s Andy Levy” last night: “25% of the people want to get stuff, 25% of the people want to give stuff away….that’s 50%”.

Yeah, reap the whirlwind, indeed. If I’m going to suffer, I want every one of these mofos to be suffering right along side of me so I can laugh maniacally at them.

20. ferb123
    20 | November 8, 2012 9:02 am

@ ferb123:
    how you gonna pay for all this debt?
    seriously.

I am not that clever :)
    But I am sure democrats and republicans will (have to) find a solution, otherwise you drive off fiscal cliff.

21 | November 8, 2012 9:03 am

MacDuff wrote:

With the exception of a few friends, any Obama voter I feel deserves all the misery that will be coming down the road.

22 | November 8, 2012 9:06 am

ferb123 wrote:

I am not that clever :)

You mean winding up like Greece is not an attractive option?

23 | November 8, 2012 9:07 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Don’t worry, either Martin O’Malley or Deval Patrick (the two probable Democratic 2016 nominees) will have the answer.

24. 24 | November 8, 2012 9:07 am

And of course, the implementation of Obamacare is about to unleash a massive amount of taxes and fines on that magical $250,000 millionaire that apparently is going to be able to absorb an incredible amount of income confiscation.

I’ll make a prediction -- that unemployment is going to be accurately reported from now on -- and we’ll be looking at double digits by Spring.

25. ferb123
    25 | November 8, 2012 9:08 am

Speranza wrote:

ferb123 wrote:
    I am not that clever
    You mean winding up like Greece is not an attractive option?

I think comparing the US with greece is like comparing a bike with a NASCAR car

26 | November 8, 2012 9:09 am

I am really sorry that America will not have a talented, intelligent, and fine man such as Mitt Romney as its president.

27 | November 8, 2012 9:10 am

ferb123 wrote:

I think comparing the US with greece is like comparing a bike with a NASCAR car

You are right -- Greece had someone to bail them out, who bails us out???

28. 28 | November 8, 2012 9:10 am

ferb123 wrote:

otherwise you drive off fiscal cliff

How do you know that that isn’t exactly what Obama and the Democrats want? They want higher taxes, but they want to punish America, too. And they really want to gut the military. Sequestration gives them the tool to do that without having to take the politically disasterous action of actually voting to do what they want to do. With the aid of a complicit media, they may even be able to blame the Republicans for their actions. They have played this political game extremely well. It looks like they are going to get exactly what they want.

29. 29 | November 8, 2012 9:10 am

BTW, did Jesse Jackson Jr. make a victory speech on the steps of the psyche ward?

30. 30 | November 8, 2012 9:12 am

Speranza wrote:

The more the election went on and the more I saw of Mitt Romney, the more respect I had for him. Yeah, it’s a damned shame that this country turned such a fine man away.

31. rain of lead
    31 | November 8, 2012 9:14 am

mornin fist

do you think that being in one of the most conservative states in the country that might shield us (slightly) from the coming trainwreck?

32 | November 8, 2012 9:14 am

MacDuff wrote:

I really grew to like and admire him. It is our nation’s loss.

33. bluliner10
    33 | November 8, 2012 9:15 am

MacDuff wrote:

The brilliance of the American electorate right there. Encapsulated in a simple yet biting question. Jesse Jackson Jr, under investigation for the possible criminal misuse of campaign funds and misses work as he spends 4 months in drug rehab, is retained by the good people of Illinois to receive a paycheck for zero productivity. Democrats really are the stupidist people to walk the face of the earth.

34. 34 | November 8, 2012 9:15 am

@ MacDuff:

Amazing what the libturds will elect, isn’t it? I guess McCaskill’s husband can safely resume his dealmaking in the Senate Dining Room. At least conservatives have the decency to be embarrassed by people like Akin and Mourdock.

35. 35 | November 8, 2012 9:15 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

I’ll make a prediction — that unemployment is going to be accurately reported from now on — and we’ll be looking at double digits by Spring.

I don’ tknow about the accurate reporting, but we are really at about 11% right now. How many of those unemployed went and pulled the lever for Obama? It is appalling. And as for the ObamaCare taxes, I’ll bet that the tax for not having health insurance falls disproportionately on the lower middle class. People who make too much money to be on Medicaide, but too little to be able to afford health insurance premiums o their own. Hell, I’d fall into that block if I didn’t have insurance through my workplace. I am expensive to insure.

36. ferb123
    36 | November 8, 2012 9:17 am

Speranza wrote:

ferb123 wrote:
    I think comparing the US with greece is like comparing a bike with a NASCAR car
    You are right — Greece had someone to bail them out, who bails us out???

Fed ???

37. Prebanned
    37 | November 8, 2012 9:18 am

We are Europe.
    We have European Growth.
    We have European Unemployment.
    Coming soon, European taxes, Gas and food prices.

We aren’t in a recession, this is the new normal.

38. rain of lead
    38 | November 8, 2012 9:18 am

I think the 3 most common words conservatives will have over the next four years are “told ya so!”

39. 39 | November 8, 2012 9:18 am

@ rain of lead:

Obama is a child when it comes to those who oppose him (best “revenge” is to vote for him -- revenge for WHAT?). Texas received no FEMA aid for the Wildfires. He will have no problem punishing the Red States any way he can.

40. 40 | November 8, 2012 9:20 am

@ rain of lead:

It’ll depend. What happens when the bills finally come due? California is on the verge of collapse, and Illinois isn’t much better. The Blue Model is doomed to fail by its very nature. What comes out of that failure? The Blue States will try to pilliage money from the Red States (insolvents States versus the Solvent States). If we let them, it will just prolong the inevitible. If we resist, what will we do? Secession? The insolvent states wouldn’t have he money to fight a war to keep us. I really don’t know where it will go. The next decade or so is going to be terribly interesting, in a Chinese curse sot of way.

41. rain of lead
    41 | November 8, 2012 9:20 am

@ ferb123:

oh please!
    are you really that fucking stupid
    we can’t bail ourselves out with our own money

the fed is printing 40 BILLION dollars a month now
    and look how well thats working

42. 42 | November 8, 2012 9:21 am

@ ferb123:

We just print the money? Ever heard of inflation? Study the history of the Weimar Republic, and you will seehow just printing the money works out.

43. rain of lead
    43 | November 8, 2012 9:21 am

but,but,but…
    I don’t want to live in interesting times

44. rain of lead
    44 | November 8, 2012 9:23 am

not sure ferb understands history

45. MikeA
    45 | November 8, 2012 9:24 am

Remember this from John Adams:

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

We have become an immoral and non-religious people. This past election has proved we are past the tipping point. From this point on we are fighting a delaying action at best.

Rome 2.0

46. 46 | November 8, 2012 9:25 am

ferb123 wrote:

Fed ???

*face palm*

47. ferb123
    47 | November 8, 2012 9:26 am

rain of lead wrote:

@ ferb123:
    oh please!
    are you really that fucking stupid
    we can’t bail ourselves out with our own money
    the fed is printing 40 BILLION dollars a month now
    and look how well thats working

At the end you bail out yourselve though the FED (which is afaik the largest US debtholder)

48. livefreeor die
    48 | November 8, 2012 9:26 am

Speranza wrote:

MacDuff wrote:

Yup. I think most conservatives will be more protected from the impact of a second helping of Bammy. The hubby and I will take care of our kids and friends and family with a similar world view. All the mooches in my family-they will get no help from us when the whirlwind hits. They support this government they can look to it for help.

49. 49 | November 8, 2012 9:27 am

@ rain of lead:

I don’t either. I’dlike it if my martial skills were simply somthing I did for personal gratification. I’d prefer never to have to use them in combat. But things will get nasty in the collapse. It won’t be so bad around here. The parasite class is smaller, and less entrenched. But how do you think the people for Obama will take it when the government collapses and the government checks stop coming? Or when they simply print the money, and their government check is worthless because of inflation? These people are takers, and they are used to getting what they want. They won’t just sit in their decaying tenaments and starve. They’ll come try to take from the productive. Best to be armed and know how to use the tools. We’ll have to meet force with force.

50. livefreeor die
    50 | November 8, 2012 9:27 am

@ rain of lead:
    Quote of the week!

51. rain of lead
    51 | November 8, 2012 9:31 am

no pity for the large urban areas when they collapse
    I live near a rural part of tn so not too worried

52. 52 | November 8, 2012 9:36 am

The bright side is that the parasitic class is mostly in large urban centers and rarely deal with the rural centers. If any of them can survive the trek out they will be easy to deal with.

53. Guggi
    53 | November 8, 2012 9:36 am

Even McDonalds is thinking about how they can replace employees with kinds of robots. You don’t pay healthcare insurance for robots and they work around the clock.

54. 54 | November 8, 2012 9:37 am

@ Speranza:

Vile, personal slander has been around as long as there’s been politics, but it seems more pronounced now with the 24/7 news cycle and the inescapability of the media. They did it to Bush who, regardless of political differences, was a good man, and they did it to Romney. The fact is that, over the past couple of decades, it’s been pretty one-sided with Democrats getting in the gutter and Republicans taking the high road -- and the low blows.

Hillary whined about the “politics of personal destruction” but, ironically, the personal attacks on Bill were all factual, deserved and truth be told, his moral failings were likely even greater than we’ll ever know.

55 | November 8, 2012 9:40 am

the looming cuts to the defense budget is going to kill New Mexico…we get the most federal dollars back per capita than any state…there is a ton of military stuff here and it’s the mainstay of our economy…of course, once again NM went full bore for the donks…so typical, voting against your own interests…NM is full of ferbs

56. Storagemanager
    56 | November 8, 2012 9:42 am

If they drive America off the cliff…they can say we need to start over.. tear up the constitution…and start over….

57. bluliner10
    57 | November 8, 2012 9:42 am

@ heysoos:
    North Carolina was a nice suprise. Republican Governor, Lt Governor and both houses. They also chose Romney by a comfortable margin despite the late call. I might be happy being here after all.

58. rain of lead
    58 | November 8, 2012 9:44 am

@ Guggi:

companies are already going to a part time (29 hrs or less)
    workforce to not pay insurance or the fine…but the employees
    will have to have ins or pay the fine

59. rain of lead
    59 | November 8, 2012 9:44 am

service industries hardest hit

60. rain of lead
    60 | November 8, 2012 9:45 am

@ rain of lead:

oh wait….
    thats most of our economey

61. Prebanned
    62 | November 8, 2012 9:45 am

To put it in perspective, Ferb did not vote for Obama.
    Ferb did not help Obama get elected.
    Ferb is happy that Obama got reelected because Ferb is not that bright.
    The world is going to be much harder for dull people.
    It is not Ferb’s fault even though He cheers the thing that will hurt Him.

62. rain of lead
    63 | November 8, 2012 9:45 am

later

64 | November 8, 2012 9:48 am

bluliner10 wrote:

@ heysoos:

I have an old friend in the Raleigh area…beautiful state, lots of good people…I’m very fond of the Carolinas

64. ferb123
    65 | November 8, 2012 9:52 am

Prebanned wrote:

To put it in perspective, Ferb did not vote for Obama.
    Ferb did not help Obama get elected.
    Ferb is happy that Obama got reelected because Ferb is not that bright.
    The world is going to be much harder for dull people.
    It is not Ferb’s fault even though He cheers the thing that will hurt Him.

You forgot
    Ferb is happy that Obama got reelected because Ferb bet 5 million dollars on Obama :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

65. bluliner10
    66 | November 8, 2012 9:53 am

@ heysoos:
    I was in this battalion 20 years ago (madness), I was not as enamored with the area, but this tour has been better. But I was very upset to get assigned here with the possibility of NOT going to Afghanistan. But I bought the house, the wife’s daughter and family are here and it feels very much like home. But if things go south, my wife owns a house in Thailand. All I need is money for a plane ticket…walking distance to Laos when my auto Visa needs renewing.

66. Storagemanager
    67 | November 8, 2012 9:53 am

They cheered Hitler too

After Obama win, U.S. backs new U.N. arms treaty talks http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/07/us-arms-treaty-un-idUSBRE8A627J20121107

67. bluliner10
    68 | November 8, 2012 9:55 am

@ heysoos:
    And there is a lot of hockey here now…Raleigh to watch the NHL (maybe today????) minor league hockey in FayetteNam and my beer league in Wilmington.

68. Storagemanager
    69 | November 8, 2012 9:55 am

Like he promised.

MOSCOW (AP) — Russia expects President Barack Obama to show more flexibility in a dispute over U.S. missile defense plans following his re-election, the country’s deputy prime minister said Thursday.

The controversy over the planned missile shield has strained the relations between the U.S. and Russia. Moscow has rejected Washington’s assurances that the shield is intended to fend off potential missile threats from Iran and voiced concern the system could threaten Russia’s nuclear deterrent.

69. 70 | November 8, 2012 9:59 am

@ Storagemanager:

I think that is their plan. I don’ tkno wif all the States will go along with that. If they tear up the Constitution, might as well break the Union as well. Let the South and West go their way, and the Left Coast and Northeast can become little North Koreas for all I care.

70. Prebanned
    71 | November 8, 2012 10:00 am

@ ferb123:
    Which is why you hang out here every day.
    Because if I won 5 million dollars, I would definately hang out at LGF every day.
    You are not even that good at being annoying.

71. Storagemanager
    72 | November 8, 2012 10:02 am

A divided America is no longer a super power…and no longer a threat to Islam or China,Russia…..We will be too busy fighting each other.

72. Storagemanager
    73 | November 8, 2012 10:03 am

civil war is the goal..

73. 74 | November 8, 2012 10:05 am

Storagemanager wrote:

Russia will get into war with the restored Caliphate.

74. 75 | November 8, 2012 10:05 am

@ Prebanned:

Indeed -- if I wanted daily discourse with the mindset of a 12-year-old, I’d be teaching middle school.

75. 76 | November 8, 2012 10:07 am

@ Storagemanager:

There is one thing Obama will never be flexible with Russia over. His support of the Muslim Brotherhood.

76. Prebanned
    77 | November 8, 2012 10:07 am

@ Carolina Girl:
    :-D

77. 78 | November 8, 2012 10:08 am

President Flexibility will immediately enter into negotiations with Russia to reduce our nuclear arsenal. He’ll go first, because he really is that kind of idiot. After he’s left us relatively defenseless, China and Russia will have a nice fist bump and reengage in world intimidation.

78. 79 | November 8, 2012 10:08 am

@ Storagemanager:

That is UN based gun control. I told everyone that gun control would be first on Obama’s plate when he was re-elected, and here it is! They don’t have the votes to ratify a treaty in the Senate, thank God. That is why RINOs are worthless. It wouldn’t matter if we stillhad Dick Lugar in the Senate. He’d be voting with the Democrats on all the important issues. Better that we have a Democrat, and then their dictatorial moves don’t have the veneer of “bi-partisanship” that they’d have with a bunch of RINOs in office.

79. Storagemanager
    80 | November 8, 2012 10:10 am

From the Muslim brotherhood ” the project ”

•Avoiding conflict within the Islamist movements on all levels, including the development of processes for conflict resolution;
    • Instituting alliances with Western “progressive” organizations that share similar goals;

80. 81 | November 8, 2012 10:10 am

Later, my peeps. I need to get to the gym and work out these old bones. Have a good day!

81. 82 | November 8, 2012 10:11 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Russia and China will get into it with the New Caliphate. So let Russia deal with the muzzies.

83 | November 8, 2012 10:12 am

Storagemanager wrote:

From the Muslim brotherhood ” the project ”

Egypt is an America hating shithole…I see little reason to sit around and stroke them

83. 84 | November 8, 2012 10:13 am

Storagemanager wrote:

And they certainly fdo that. Obama will be the spear-point for Muslim Brotherhood operations world wide. With the tacit support of the United States, the Muslim Brotherhood will expand greatly. And the Muslim Brotherhood is really just the political wing of al Qaeda. Their goal is a world-wide Shari’ia totalitarian State, rulled by Mullahs, and enforcing Shari’ia brutally. Egypt will be one of the centers of this. It’ll be interesting to see what they do when Iran gets atomic weapons. There is nothing to stop that from happening now.

84. Storagemanager
    85 | November 8, 2012 10:14 am

@ Carolina Girl:

The SUNNI…not…the SHIA….Iran and Syria are Shia.

85. Prebanned
    86 | November 8, 2012 10:15 am

I agree, if the people want Communism, let them elect Communists.
    The 2012 election showed that Dims are still drinking coolaid but they aren’t convincing anyone else to join them.
    On the other hand there was less turnout for the other side.
    So we get a Standoff for 2 more years.
    We are in a better position than we were in 2008-2010.
    Sucks about the SCOTUS, but elections have consequenses.
    Backdoor cap and trade is going to hurt, too.

86. Storagemanager
    87 | November 8, 2012 10:16 am

The future

NEW YORK (AP) --
    McDonald’s Corp. says a key sales figure fell in October, marking the first monthly drop in nearly a decade for the world’s biggest hamburger chain.

The company, based in Oak Brook, Ill., says global sales at restaurants open at least a year fell 1.8 percent for the month. The last time the figure dropped was in 2003. The figure is a key metric because it strips out the impact of newly opened and closed locations.

The fast-food chain says the figure fell 2.2 percent in both the U.S. and Europe. In the region encompassing Asia, the Middle East and Africa, it dropped 2.4 percent.

After year of outperforming its rivals, McDonald’s has seen sales slow recently as the company faces intensifying competition and a persistently weak economy.

Read more: http://www.myfoxny.com/story/20039869/mcdonalds-sales-drops-for-first-time-since-2003#ixzz2Be1aBPy0

87. 88 | November 8, 2012 10:22 am

@ Storagemanager:

The Russians could care less about the Shia. They will throw them under the bus when needed. They are using them to prevent the Caliphate.

88. 89 | November 8, 2012 10:25 am

And relatively unnoticed is that the evil filmmaker who insulted Islam is locked up for a year for “probation violation.” His video was mentioned in court, by the way.

And the “video was responsible” fiction continues….

90 | November 8, 2012 10:32 am

after a few days of analysis, pointing, cheering and general butt licking….our elected officials can get back on the campaign trail again and do what they do best

90. Storagemanager
    91 | November 8, 2012 10:33 am

@ Storagemanager:

They care about ports and oil…

91. Storagemanager
    92 | November 8, 2012 10:34 am

Russian and Iran work as one for different reasons…Iran wants Mecca and Russia wants the Saudi oil.

92. Storagemanager
    93 | November 8, 2012 10:35 am

He who controls the oil…rules the world.

95 | November 8, 2012 10:36 am

Storagemanager wrote:

He who controls the oil…rules the world.

Who controls the media rules the world.

96 | November 8, 2012 10:37 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

And the “video was responsible” fiction continues….

Remember when they used to say that John Ashcroft was the biggest threat to our liberties?

95. Storagemanager
    97 | November 8, 2012 10:37 am

Speranza wrote:

Storagemanager wrote:
    He who controls the oil…rules the world.

Who controls the media rules the world.

Media trucks need fuel.

98 | November 8, 2012 10:38 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

That’s where the GOP House majority needs to assert itself.

97. Storagemanager
    99 | November 8, 2012 10:40 am

@ Speranza:

China appears to be within two years of deploying submarine-launched nuclear weapons, adding a new leg to its nuclear arsenal that should lead to arms-reduction talks, a draft report by a congressionally mandated U.S. commission says. http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/08/us-china-usa-military-idUSBRE8A705720121108

98. 100 | November 8, 2012 10:40 am

Speranza wrote:

Who controls the media rules the world.

Unfortuinately true, and the Left controls the media in a way tha would have made Joseph Goebbles proud. It is scary, really, how Leftist dominated the media landscape is. I don’ tkno wwhat we do about that. We watch Fox News, post on blogs, read information from the internet. The information is out there if you can get people to look, but most of the people get their news from Left-wing infotainment, and don’t Care to look deeper. They aren’t going to vcare until it affects their government cheese, and then it will be far too late to do anything about it.

99. 101 | November 8, 2012 10:41 am

bluliner10 wrote:

@ heysoos:

I know it’s a sin to envy thy neighbor’s house, but in this case, I do. The one in Thailand, that is.

Guggi wrote:

Yup.

@ Storagemanager:

Yup.

100. 102 | November 8, 2012 10:44 am

@ Speranza:

Fat chance the Chinese will take the US seriously when we owe them so much money. Matter of fact, the interest on the US debt is funding Chinese military expansion. They’re laughing all the way to the bank.

Let’s just say that the Chinese government is a lot more loyal to the interests of China than our government is to the interests of the US.

101. 103 | November 8, 2012 10:44 am

@ Storagemanager:

Yup!

102. 104 | November 8, 2012 10:45 am

Speranza wrote:

Storagemanager wrote:
    He who controls the oil…rules the world.

Who controls the media rules the world.

He who controls the Spice, Controls the Universe

103. Storagemanager
    105 | November 8, 2012 10:45 am

The SUNNI are using the West to defeat the SHIA….The SHIA are using Russia and China….not the other way…make no mistake…The Shia if and when gain power…will war on the people that helped them….that is ISLAM….

104. 106 | November 8, 2012 10:46 am

Storagemanager wrote:

Arms reduction my ass, this will result in a new Cold War arms build up.

105. 107 | November 8, 2012 10:47 am

Storagemanager wrote:

Yup, it’s a very complex Chess game where betrayal is the end game.

106. 108 | November 8, 2012 10:48 am

@ Speranza:

Odd in that I don’t recall any of Ashcroft’s policies killing 300 foreign nationals and a border patrol agent.

107. 109 | November 8, 2012 10:50 am

1389AD wrote:

That’s a pretty low bar to cross. Our cgovernment is loyal to its own power, but nothing else matters to them. They’ll let the whole system crash on the assumption that they can ride the wave, stay rich and powerful, and that the crash will bring them more power as the plebians offer up their freedom for someone who will make things marginally “better”. Who knows? They could be right about that. I think in th eDebtor States, they are right abou tthe majority of the population. These arethe people who voted for Obama this time around. In the Solvent States, though, there is less of this mentality. I am fortunate in where I live. The majority of my neighbors share my values and my goals. We elected a Republican supermajority to the Tennessee House and Senate Tuesday. LEt the Democrats walk out, run away, and hide if they like. We’ll just pass the legislation that we want, and the vast Majority of Tennesseans will be pleased.

108. Storagemanager
    110 | November 8, 2012 10:50 am

Islam has the patience of a cat playing with a mouse….and they gain ground everyday…

109. 111 | November 8, 2012 10:50 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Speranza:

Or any ICE Agents… (Jamie Zapata)

110. MikeA
    112 | November 8, 2012 10:51 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Yes that may be but he had something infinitely worse… He actually had bible studies in his office. Can you imagine that!?!?!?!?

/// (Do I really need to…)

111. 113 | November 8, 2012 10:51 am

@ Speranza:

Taiwan is, in a word, screwed.

112. MikeA
    114 | November 8, 2012 10:53 am

The Chinese have their own issues to deal with. Their economy is not humming along as they want. It has major problems. Building big empty cities is not a good way to spend money. If they don’t keep all those people employed, they tend to riot.

113. 115 | November 8, 2012 10:53 am

@ MikeA:

No. But let’s not forget that PATRIOT Act -- which resulted in so many Americans being jailed! Oh wait. Not one.

It took incensed Muslims and a need to lie by the Obama administration to cover its criminal negligence to stick and American in prison for speech.

114. 116 | November 8, 2012 10:55 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Or any US ambassadors, though I don’t guess you can lay that at Holder’s feet. The Ambassador is Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. Still, Bush was supposed to be so awful, but he managed not to do any of that. We see how “principled” the people who railed against Bush’s policies (including one Barack Hussein Obama) really are. One thing is clear: the so-called “Peace” movement should never be taken as anything but a Democrat front group ever again. They aren’t “Peacenicks”. They are Democrats. War is just fine when it brings power to the Democrats.

115. Storagemanager
    117 | November 8, 2012 10:55 am

The list of suspects in the Libya terror attack now extends to a handful of suspected militants aligned with an Egyptian group known as the Jamal Network, Fox News has learned.

A U.S. official said the Jamal Network is committed to violence to attain its political ambitions, adding they are “hard-core, violent extremists in Egypt who are trying to develop a relationship with Al Qaeda.”

Fox News is told that there are between two- and three-dozen suspects actively being investigated at any one time in connection with the Benghazi attack. The suspect list is fluid, drawn from intelligence ranging from intercepts to witness accounts, with new names being added and dropped on a regular basis.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/08/benghazi-attack-suspect-list-expands-to-include-egyptians/?test=latestnews#ixzz2BeBLVhqU

116. 118 | November 8, 2012 10:57 am

Storagemanager wrote:

Coldwarrior, Rodan and I have discussed this at great length. The West, Including Russia and China are playing a Chess game based on Cold War Strategies, they are convinced that the various Islamic factions are their pawns in a global geopolitical power struggle.

Islam on the other hand is playing an asymmetrical Chess Game where the West, Russian and China are the pawns.

The The West, Russia and China base their strategies on conventional military strength and tactics which include both nuclear weapons and the Geneva Convention, Islam is basing their strategy on the lack of conventional military targets and a complete and total rejection of the Geneva Convention.

117. 119 | November 8, 2012 10:57 am

I find it interesting that Romney was vilified for (1) Bain’s supposed outsourcing of jobs to China after he was associated with them and (2) his reference to Jeep sending jobs to China (and we have the quotes from Fiat’s head to back it up).

Meanwhile, half a million people buy the iPhone and iPad and other smart phones, waiting in line overnight, without any concern that Apple, Samsung, et al. have not only shipped all those jobs to China, but were never here in the first place (I believe the first Apple computers were manufactured in Japan).

118. Storagemanager
    120 | November 8, 2012 10:58 am

You were warned: Obama’s layoff bomb goes BOOM! http://michellemalkin.com/

119. Storagemanager
    121 | November 8, 2012 11:00 am

YES….fighting ISLAM is like fighting a ZOMBIE army….only a kill shot to the head will kill the walking dead.

120. taxfreekiller
    122 | November 8, 2012 11:01 am

So,

Is this correct?

Only 32% of registered Republicans voted Nov. 6, 2012.

If so where the f’ were the other 68%, how many votes whould that have been and why in the f’ can the RNC and or US citizens not get out our vote.

If even 50% of registered R’s voted then all would be sane.

WTF,

apathy
    no guts
    no glory

We need to get a “vote boot camp” going, teach how to get out the vote. Put people on KP duty if they do not show.

Have practic vote deals to get people in the habbit of voteing.

Make sure they know where to go. Make sure the dam job gets done.

The D’s should be easy to beat if WE just worked at it.

No longer can we allow the lazy ass RNC to do the work , they failed.

121. Storagemanager
    123 | November 8, 2012 11:03 am

Speaking as the al Qaeda leader’s brother, he says they are ideologically inseparable.

‘Our people like death, the same way others like life,’ he tells reporter Nic Robertson. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2201645/Our-people-like-death-Brother-Al-Qaeda-leader-Aymen-al-Zawahiri-reveals-peace-plan.html

122. MikeA
    124 | November 8, 2012 11:03 am

@ Storagemanager:

Bottled sunshine also works. Faster and disinfects!!!!

123. 125 | November 8, 2012 11:04 am

New Thread.

124. 126 | November 8, 2012 11:07 am

Storagemanager wrote:

The Belmont Club produced a document back in 2003 called “The Three Conjectures” Which should be required reading for every person in the West, especially anyone involved in Foreign Policy.

Personally I believe we have passed the point of no return on Conjecture 1, and are precariously balanced on the edge between Conjectures 2 and 3, and conjecture 3 is slipping farther and farther away with every passing hour.

That leaves only Conjecture 2 as a possible outcome for the West’s conflict with Islam.

125. taxfreekiller
    127 | November 8, 2012 11:08 am

35% conservative and say so

25% liberal and say so

40% moderate because they do not want the liberals to call them names but will vote conservative if we can just get them out on vote days.

126. bluliner10
    128 | November 8, 2012 11:08 am

@ 1389AD:
    It is a nice option to have.

127. 129 | November 8, 2012 11:09 am

@ taxfreekiller:

At one of our TEA Party rallies earlier this year, Kevin McGary, President of the California chapter of the Frederick Douglas Society, stated that in the 2010 election, even after the rallies and speeches, only 32% of TEA Party people turned out to vote.

Maybe it was the lines, maybe it was the idea that they weren’t needed or maybe, like so many at Free Republic, it was they were mad that Sarah Palin wasn’t the nominee (even though she didn’t run) and they really hated Mitt Romney and it was much more important to teach the GOP hierarchy a lesson than it was to make sure that Obama was vanquished.

Yeah, that whole “teaching a lesson” to power sure works out well, doesn’t it? I remember 12 dumbass jurors that wanted to teach LAPD a lesson 15 years ago and let a monster who slaughtered two people walk free.

128. 130 | November 8, 2012 11:11 am

taxfreekiller wrote:

No longer can we allow the lazy ass RNC to do the work , they failed.

Exactly. This was a systemic failure. Romney had the money, but he didn’t have the enthusiasm I hoped for. He did where I live (we went Republican in a bifg way in Tennessee), but in other parts of the country not so much. We need to begin nowwith our 2016 plans. 2016 is probably too late to save the country, but we have to try. The first thing, as Rodan said yesterday, is th eexcommunication of Chris Christie. That son of a bitch practically endorsed Obama after Sandy. He gave him publicity that was better than anything Obama could buy. He needs to exit stage Left, the sooner the better. If he is our 2016 nominee, I will vote for th eLibertarian candidate. I will never cast a ballot for Christie.

129. 131 | November 8, 2012 11:12 am

MikeA wrote:

@ Storagemanager:
    Bottled sunshine also works. Faster and disinfects!!!!

I am afraid that is what it is eventually going to come to. Sadly, it won’t happen until our arrogant narcissistic leaders have covered their hands in so much blood of our own people through attempts to negotiate and appease Islam that the citizens of the West threaten to hang them or worse.

130. 132 | November 8, 2012 11:29 am

In fact, there is some polling data that indicated that Obama’s handling of Sandy gave them a more positive view of him.

There should have been an immediate ad in those four days before the election showing how Obama was all show no go -- where was he during the Texas wildfires? The flooding of Nashville? The BP Disaster?

Well, get used to the new normal -- Obama isn’t going to give a shit about your disaster if you’re in a red state -- not that he ever did. But he’s certainly not going to interrupt his golf game or vacation if you’re a BLUE state with a disaster, either.

131. 133 | November 8, 2012 11:32 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

There should have been an immediate ad in those four days before the election showing how Obama was all show no go — where was he during the Texas wildfires? The flooding of Nashville? The BP Disaster?
    Well, get used to the new normal — Obama isn’t going to give a shit about your disaster if you’re in a red state — not that he ever did. But he’s certainly not going to interrupt his golf game or vacation if you’re a BLUE state with a disaster, either.

The People on Staten Island and in New Jersey are waking up to that fact today. Sucks to be them, sorry but my sympathy for them expired on Nov. 6th.