The Sycophants Are Marching

by Bunk X ( 105 Comments › )
Filed under Academia, Cult of Obama, Democratic Party, Economy, Elections 2012, Free Speech, Marxism, Politics, Progressives, Socialism at November 8th, 2012 - 12:30 am

Many saw it coming but were too silent or too late in the game to do anything about it, and now the 2012 Elections are over. Get ready for Recession Part 2.

I understand how Clinton got elected.  Ross Perot jumped in and split the opposition. Why Clinton got re-elected is still an enigma to me.

I also understand why Obama got elected, and it all had to do with his mixed race. Nothing else can explain the ascendency of a young senator with no governing experience and a mysterious background, but like Clinton, his re-election is bizarre given his lack of a positive track record on anything.

It’s going to take years, if not decades, to mop up the mess that half of the US voting populace voted for last Tuesday. The only thing we can hope for is that some sentient parents are still willing and able to educate their children to diffuse the lies that the liberals/progressives/socialists are feeding them via the failed public school system.

What they don’t control is the Internet. NOT YET.
Don’t delude yourselves into thinking that they’re not trying.  The Internet is the last bastion of Free Speech.

____________________________________________________________

[Update requested and complied with.  h/t Mars]

Tags: , ,

Comments

105 Responses to “The Sycophants Are Marching”

1. Mars
    1 | November 8, 2012 12:58 am

For as long as it lasts. We are here.

2. Mars
    2 | November 8, 2012 1:00 am

Bunk can you put this in your post? Seems to be apropos.

3. 3 | November 8, 2012 1:02 am

A quote floating around the internet …

“Do not blame Caesar, blame the people of Rome who have so enthusiastically acclaimed and adored him and rejoiced in their loss of freedom and danced in his path and gave him triumphal processions. Blame the people who hail him when he speaks in the Forum of the ‘new, wonderful, good society’ which shall now be Rome’s, interpreted to mean: more money, more ease, more security, more living fatly at the expense of the industrious.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero, around 90BC

I really don’t know if it is really from Cicero but it’s been reverberating on the internet so drilling down to find the complete and true origin might take some time.

4. 4 | November 8, 2012 1:23 am

@ Mars:
    Done.

5. 5 | November 8, 2012 1:25 am

@ Mars:
    Walt Kelly lives.

6. 6 | November 8, 2012 1:28 am

@ Peter:

7. pat
    7 | November 8, 2012 2:12 am

I believe I pointed this out on an earlier thread about polling. The pollsters were saying Dem +8-11. I tried to explain that they were right. The young are universally liberal, hate America as a nation, and do not own land lines. They learned this from cartoons, then infantile comedies, teachers, academics, and finally Colbert. They would rather be jobless then have a Republican in office.

8. 8 | November 8, 2012 2:37 am

One of the worst aspects of this sort of election outcome is the rise of fantasy scenarios and the seemingly endless months of “shoulda, coulda, woulda” punditry. It’s almost as depressing as the election results themselves. This is not the same thing as a typical post-mortem analysis of a failed technical decision (“What did we get wrong? Why? Can we prevent or minimize that in the future?”) What we’re going to see everywhere for the next year is seccession, Third Party, abandon principles and become more like Democrats, etc., etc., etc. And not one single new idea in the whole damned lot, or at least not to anybody with many years on them, because we’ve heard them all before the last time, and the time before that and the time before that, ad infinitum.

To quote Mr. Taggert (“Slim” Whitman) -- “I am depressed.”

9. 9 | November 8, 2012 2:51 am

@ Mike C.:
    It ain’t such a big deal. At least we can still bitch about it.

10. 10 | November 8, 2012 3:02 am

@ Bunk X:

So far I’ve read about Texas seccession, Allen West as Speaker of the House, and more Third Party crap than I can count. Not to mention Benghazi hearings in the House. Ooh! Scary! I bet that has the Obama administration quaking in their boots! Just like the F&F hearings in the House did. I might just as well go to the public library when I get home and see if they have a copy of “Grimm’s Fairy Tales.”

11. Eliana
    11 | November 8, 2012 4:16 am

@ Mike C.:

Obama himself said that he couldn’t really do all he wanted in his first term because of the Republicans.

He’s weakened this time around. He’s not some kind of messiah anymore to most liberals.

Meanwhile, the Republicans still have the House and Obama knows that this isn’t as easy a job as he thought it would be.

12. ThreeHundred
    12 | November 8, 2012 4:25 am

Four more years of malaise…

13. 13 | November 8, 2012 5:19 am

@ Eliana:

He’s weakened this time around.

Oh really ? How so? By the increased majority in the Senate? Executive orders somehow vanished? Contempt filings by House committees somehow get enforced?

Sorry, but I’d rather face reality. There’s been a fundamental structural change, and we’re going to have to deal with it. Fantasy isn’t going to cut it, I’m afraid, although we’ll be subjected to endless amounts of it.

14. 14 | November 8, 2012 5:20 am

ThreeHundred wrote:

Four more years of malaise…

Optimist!

15. 15 | November 8, 2012 5:20 am

@ Eliana

Of course, he knows he will not be able to get NEW taxes past the House (even if that spineless shithed Boehner is soooo willing to work with him) so he will unleash his regulatory agencies and their power to fine. If pre-election information is correct, the EPA alone had 26 industry oppressive regulations ready to go.

America is about to find out that despite their hardcore belief in the contrary, he doesn’t really give a shit about them. He could care less if they can afford food, gasoline, if they lose their house or, frankly, if they either have or can afford health care.

He cares only about power. And making America pay for her sins.

16. eaglesoars
    16 | November 8, 2012 5:29 am

Eliana wrote:

He’s weakened this time around.

I don’t mean to be rude, but you’re not getting it. That’s as short sighted as saying Well, yeah, but he doesn’t have a mandate.

HE DOESN’T CARE and neither do his minions. Hinderaker over at Powerline is writing that the good thing is that now Obama will have to deal with the mess he made.

Obama doesn’t think there’s anything to fix. Mess? What mess? The only dis-satisfaction he has right now is that the ‘transformation’ is not happening fast enough. This is exactly what he wanted.

Want to stop him? Entice him to overreach and then mire the admin in scandal to the point of paralysis. Find a pit bull special prosecuter and let loose the dogs of war.

17. Eliana
    17 | November 8, 2012 5:31 am

@ Mike C.:

From Richard Cohen, ultra-liberal at the Washington Post in an article titled “The president who seems not to care”:

…[Bobby] Kennedy had huge causes. End poverty. End the war. He challenged a sitting president over Vietnam. It could have cost him his career. It did cost him his life. The draft is long gone, and with it indignation about senseless wars. Poverty persists, but now it is mostly blamed on the poor. When it comes to the underclass, we are out of ideas . . . or patience. Or both. Pity Obama in this regard. It’s hard to summon us for a crusade that has already been fought and lost. We made war on poverty. Poverty hardly noticed.

But somewhere between the campaign and the White House itself, Obama got lost. It turned out he had no cause at all. Expanding health insurance was Hillary Clinton’s longtime goal, and even after Obama adopted it, he never argued for it with any fervor. In an unfairly mocked campaign speech, he promised to slow the rise of the oceans and begin to heal the planet. But when he took office, climate change was abandoned — too much trouble, too much opposition. His eloquence, it turned out, was reserved for campaigning.

Obama never espoused a cause bigger than his own political survival. This is the gravamen of the indictment from the left, particularly certain African Americans. They are right. Young black men fill the jails and the morgues, yet Obama says nothing. Bobby Kennedy showed his anger, his impatience, his stunned incredulity at the state of black America. Obama shows nothing.

…On the movie screen, Robert F. Kennedy’s appeal is obvious: authenticity. He cared. He showed it. People saw that and cared about him in return. With Obama, the process is reversed. It’s hard to care about someone who seems not to care in return. I will vote for him for his good things, and I will vote for him to keep Republican vandals from sacking the government. But after watching Bobby Kennedy, I will vote for Obama with regret. I wish he was the man I once mistook him for.

Something has changed.

18. 19 | November 8, 2012 5:35 am

Good morning everyone. Me and my daily distractions again.

19. 20 | November 8, 2012 5:35 am

@ Mike C.:

I pray and hope that the four conservatives on the Supreme Court can hold on for four more years as well.

It’s a childish reaction on my part, for sure, but in many ways, I want that “majority” to really find out just what they voted for. We are reaching a tipping point in that we pretty much have as many people expecting subsidy from the government as are paying taxes to give them their free stuff. Our debt is the equivalent of the GDP and these same 47% have no idea why this is significant and what its dangers might be.

In the end, the Republican Romney voters didn’t show up at the polls, despite the crowds at the rallies and despite telling everyone how “fired up” they were. In the end two foolish men who couldn’t keep their traps shut fed right into a “war on women” meme and hurt the GOP at the polls, In the end, the MSM did what they always did and lied and smeared and made sure Americans didn’t get the facts, but their vision of what the facts might be.

Whether Obama is indeed “weakened” depends on whether or not you see hin as someone who is concerned about his place in the eyes of his constituents. He has proven over the last four years that he has no use for those who disagree with him -- he has vilified Republicans, conservatives and others in actual Presidential speeches, not just campaign outings.

He has nothing to lose. In four years he could care less whether Biden is place in a position to run for the Presidency (much like Clinton could have cared less if Gore won in 2000), in fact, I seriously doubt if he cares what history will say about him -- Democrats write history.

And I imagine Moochelle will be taking more vacations this time rather than last. She’s no longer worried about her image and I’m sure we’ve heard the last of her great concern about military famiiies.

20. Eliana
    21 | November 8, 2012 5:39 am

@ Carolina Girl:

While Americans face two huge tax increases this year (including Obamacare), Michelle will be off on her million dollar vacations.

The tax increases will bankrupt people who are living paycheck to paycheck.

21. 22 | November 8, 2012 5:47 am

@ Eliana:

Americans have also been given a “payroll” tax cut for the last year or so. That will come to an end. Those were tax monies destined for the social security coffers. That should be expiring at the same time as the Bush tax rates (after 11 years I no longer consider them cuts but rates).

22. Eliana
    23 | November 8, 2012 5:55 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Liberals are going to find out what their vote has cost them.

Personally, I don’t think they’re going to enjoy it.

Thanks for the extra information!

23. 24 | November 8, 2012 6:03 am

@ Eliana:

BOHICA….

24. 25 | November 8, 2012 6:04 am

@ Eliana:

Well, you’re welcome!

I would overhear conversations on my boss’s speakerphone with other lawyers saying that they were so worried Obama would be defeated and basically making fun of Romney and expressing real concern he would win. What I couldn’t understand was why? Romney was an excellent businessman, and had a reputation for turning things around. They can’t have been worried about the economic optics of Romney -- so my thinking is the little libby bigots were worried that the cultist Mormon was going to win.

Of course, as they watch their stocks tank and watch their little pet commie boy destroy their fortunes, I will step back and say “didn’t see that coming, did you?” Wait’ll they all go to sell their homes and find out that there’s a sales tax to go to Obamacare. Wait’ll they find out that there are 31 new taxes they’ll get to pay and that millionaires meant THEM.

But I’m sure that they were dancing a jig on Tuesday night that they kept the MORMON out of the White House.

25. Eliana
    26 | November 8, 2012 6:13 am

@ Carolina Girl:

The lawyers at your firm are the 1% that Obama and his minions have been demonizing.

They just voted and celebrated to get their own asses kicked.

26. eaglesoars
    27 | November 8, 2012 6:21 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

Is it really a Morman thing with them? Or are they seeing all the new regs as lawwyers’ full employment guarantees?

(what kind of law are they practicing?)

27. 28 | November 8, 2012 6:24 am

Herman Cain is calling for a third party……

Thanks for the memories, Herman, but you’re overdue for your trip back to Kansas!

28. Guggi
    29 | November 8, 2012 6:27 am

Peter wrote:

I really don’t know if it is really from Cicero

certainly not.

29. 30 | November 8, 2012 6:27 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Eliana:

Well, you’re welcome!

I would overhear conversations on my boss’s speakerphone with other lawyers saying that they were so worried Obama would be defeated and basically making fun of Romney and expressing real concern he would win. What I couldn’t understand was why? Romney was an excellent businessman, and had a reputation for turning things around. They can’t have been worried about the economic optics of Romney — so my thinking is the little libby bigots were worried that the cultist Mormon was going to win.

If that isn’t textbook cognative dissonance, I don’t know what is.

30. Guggi
    31 | November 8, 2012 6:28 am

Mike C. wrote:

To quote Mr. Taggert (“Slim” Whitman) — “I am depressed.”

I so concure

31. Eliana
    32 | November 8, 2012 6:28 am

@ MacDuff:

Herman Cain did damage.

He needs to retire from politics.

32. 33 | November 8, 2012 6:33 am

Eliana wrote:

@ MacDuff:

Herman Cain did damage.

He needs to retire from politics.

Indeed. I don’t have any time or patience for distractions and that’s all he ever was…..mildly intriguing, but ultimately a distraction.

33. 34 | November 8, 2012 6:37 am

@ eaglesoars:

They are typical libturds from Chicago. They vote all touchy feely and ain’t it cool that we voted for a Black dude. They read the Huffington Post and follow Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow. They think Michael Moore is a visionary. They think they’re the “special” 1% because they aren’t Wall Street.

As soon as I can leave here to to go to Texas, I am. Even if it means walking away from my house.

34. Guggi
    35 | November 8, 2012 6:37 am

pat wrote:

Yes they have become a gimme, gimme, gimme society with “fair share” and “social justice” and “entitlements of free stuff” as their agenda.

35. eaglesoars
    36 | November 8, 2012 6:40 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

As soon as I can leave here to to go to Texas,

You are the 2nd person in as many days I have talked to who is thinking Texas. And the other person isn’t even American.

36. 37 | November 8, 2012 6:41 am

@ MacDuff:

True. But he was genuinely Black -- which is why Obama turned that See You Next Tuesday Gloria Allwet loose on him (I don’t believe it was Romney). When Romney was gaining momentum, Obama did the same thing.

No third party, Mr. Cain. It is political suicide. But I also think in light of his comments to Obama, John Boehner should NOT be re-elected speaker.

38 | November 8, 2012 6:41 am

Eliana wrote:

@ MacDuff:
    Herman Cain did damage.
    He needs to retire from politics.

The GOP elite do more and massive damage. Example getting rid of Allen West. They are and want more RINOs

38. eaglesoars
    39 | November 8, 2012 6:44 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

John Boehner should NOT be re-elected speaker.

I agree. My problem is that I can’t think of anyone else. My understanding is that Cantor can be abrasive.

39. Fritz Katz
    40 | November 8, 2012 6:44 am

Here’s just an example of why we lost. Here in the Florida Senate race we had a good man with a PERFECT conservative voting record — Connie Mack.

He ran against a lying, corrupt, beltway sleaze — Bill Nelson.

Early in the election, Nelson defined Mack as someone who just never showed up for work. How can you have a PERFECT voting record but not show up? Why didn’t Mack put this in his commercials?

There is only one winner in the battle between EVIL and STUPID.

40. 41 | November 8, 2012 6:45 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Boehner’s culpability could be argued, but I sure as hell wouldn’t argue in his favor -- it’s time for a new face in that spot. Hmm, maybe Ryan.

41. Eliana
    42 | November 8, 2012 6:46 am

@ waldensianspirit:

Herman Cain should not have gotten involved in the primaries while knowing he had sex scandals that could come to light.

42. Eliana
    43 | November 8, 2012 6:48 am

@ MacDuff:

Hmm, maybe Ryan.

Good idea!!

44 | November 8, 2012 6:50 am

You Stay Classy, Luis Cortez!

A window in…

45 | November 8, 2012 6:50 am

until the MSM comes clean, this is the new normal…
    it’s entertainment now, people allow themselves to be corrupted via their addiction to television….the truth no longer is a power of it’s own….true and false share equal value

45. 46 | November 8, 2012 6:51 am

@ eaglesoars:

Texas mostly because I’m near retirement and I think my money will go farther. That or buy myself a Class A motor home and do my own personal “TEA” Party tour,

I want to live where my vote counts. I want to leave California to the monsters who created her. We now have a Democrat Supermajority in both houses of the California legislature. They will vote more free stuff to the illegals and the welfare kings and queens that put them there. They now have a new tax source of income that they will immediately spend initially in yet another failed effort to “fix” California’s schools, refusing to realize it’s the incompetence of the teachers protected by the CTA Union and the SEIU that’s destroying them. I understand fully half of the enrollments are kids who speak English as a second language.

Meanwhile, a folly called high-speed rail, a pet project of Jerry Brown, is set to be built and bankrupt California further, is on target to pull some of that new tax money when no one’s looking, and will destroy a great deal of farmland in the Central and San Joaquin valleys.

46. 47 | November 8, 2012 6:52 am

@ eaglesoars:

Paul Ryan.

47. Eliana
    48 | November 8, 2012 6:53 am

@ Carolina Girl:

I take it that liberals don’t consider farmland to be part of the environment because farms earn money, right?

49 | November 8, 2012 6:54 am

California Voters Approve Higher Taxes

Good luck with that

More companies will definitely leave

49. 50 | November 8, 2012 6:54 am

@ MacDuff:

GMTA -- see my comment above.

50. eaglesoars
    51 | November 8, 2012 7:05 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ eaglesoars:

Paul Ryan.

No. Hhe’s more important focusing on fiscal/numbers stuff

I full understand wanting to leave California. VDH wrote a piece the other day on why more people AREN’T leaving (tradion, emotional attachment).

Yeah, well, they’re about to become unattached to even more of their money.

Ddarwin award.

51. 52 | November 8, 2012 7:06 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ MacDuff:

GMTA — see my comment above.

It would appear great minds move in the same orbits, no? Top o da mornin.

52. Storagemanager
    53 | November 8, 2012 7:12 am

Iran was named to the group overseeing the U.N. Arms Treaty Conference earlier this year. (Stand Up America)

Less than a day after Obama’s election, the US backed a UN treaty to regulate arms.
    Obama delayed the talks during election season.
    Reuters reported:

Hours after U.S. President Barack Obama was re-elected, the United States backed a U.N. committee’s call on Wednesday to renew debate over a draft international treaty to regulate the $70 billion global conventional arms trade.

U.N. delegates and gun control activists have complained that talks collapsed in July largely because Obama feared attacks from Republican rival Mitt Romney if his administration was seen as supporting the pact, a charge Washington denies.

The month-long talks at U.N. headquarters broke off after the United States – along with Russia and other major arms producers – said it had problems with the draft treaty and asked for more time.

But the U.N. General Assembly’s disarmament committee moved quickly after Obama’s win to approve a resolution calling for a new round of talks March 18-28. It passed with 157 votes in favor, none against and 18 abstentions.

U.N. diplomats said the vote had been expected before Tuesday’s U.S. presidential election but was delayed due to Superstorm Sandy, which caused a three-day closure of the United Nations last week.

53. 54 | November 8, 2012 7:16 am

@ Carolina Girl:

California is a perfect example of the wages of liberalism, yet Californians refuse to remove the scales from their eyes. They just said on Fox that Obama won CA by 20 pts, presumably because they feel that Obma will, eventually, bail CA out of their mess. The sad truth is, they’re probably right.

54. Eliana
    55 | November 8, 2012 7:20 am

@ MacDuff:

If Obama had his way, the U.S. would become The United States of California and its capital would be San Francisco.

55. Eliana
    56 | November 8, 2012 7:21 am

@ Eliana:

Cambridge, MA might be a second capital.

56. eaglesoars
    57 | November 8, 2012 7:24 am

Guess what Sparky? He got what he needed from you -- your votes -- so don’t be surprised if one day you wake up and realize you’re just wadded up kleenex in the corner by the wastebasket.

Latinos: Obama ‘owes’ us

“President Obama unquestionably owes this historic victory to 71% of the Latino vote,” said the DRM Action Coalition which promotes the DREAM Act to provide children of undocumented workers special access to college. The group said that their big vote was motivated by Obama’s decision to let those children stay in the United States.

And it prompted them to storm Mitt Romney with protests and complaints. “Today’s election result shows that being against the DREAM Act and immigration is no longer good politics for the Republican Party if they plan to win the Latino vote in the future,” they added.

57. 58 | November 8, 2012 7:28 am

The US reelected Obama for the same reason France elected the Socialist Hollande, the fear of the inevitable economic reckoning. This is looking less like the United States and more like “Lord of the Flies”.

58. Storagemanager
    59 | November 8, 2012 7:32 am

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula was sentenced to one year in prison today for charges related to violating his probation. Perhaps just as newsworthy is the AP’s assertion that the anti-Muhammad film was responsible for the attack that killed four Americans in Libya. No, really. Via the AP: The California man behind an anti-Muslim film that roiled [...] http://www.shoebat.com/

59. Storagemanager
    60 | November 8, 2012 7:34 am

@ MacDuff:
    It will look less like the United States …everyday Obama is in office…His intent is to dance on her grave.

60. Guggi
    61 | November 8, 2012 7:36 am

Yea, reach out to “minorities” where you can buy your (re)election.

Destroy the nation join the Democrats with all the “minority”-”identity”-politics. If the Republicans -- like Rodan wants it -- reach out to minorities why should anyone vote for Republicans instead of the original who have invented those politics the “Democrats” ?

Let’s start, let the U.S.A. split up in minority and identity groups and destroy the nation. Hallelujah this will work like it worked in the Osman Empire.

61. 62 | November 8, 2012 7:38 am

Storagemanager wrote:

No doubt there will be high fives all around the next time Obama and Putin meet.

62. 63 | November 8, 2012 7:40 am

@ Carolina Girl:

I just emailed my Congressman to make that suggestion.

63. Storagemanager
    64 | November 8, 2012 7:42 am

@ MacDuff:
    Barack Obama microphone gaffe: ‘I’ll have more flexibility after election’
    President Barack Obama was caught on microphone telling Dmitry Medvedev that he would have more flexibility after November’s election to deal with contentious issues such as missile defence http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/9167332/Barack-Obama-microphone-gaffe-Ill-have-more-flexibility-after-election.html

64. 65 | November 8, 2012 7:42 am

Guggi wrote:

Yea, reach out to “minorities” where you can buy your (re)election.

Destroy the nation join the Democrats with all the “minority”-”identity”-politics. If the Republicans — like Rodan wants it — reach out to minorities why should anyone vote for Republicans instead of the original who have invented those politics the “Democrats” ?

As usual, Guggi, you’re spot-on. We’ve less like the United States and more like the Disparate Aggreived Minorities (DAM).

65. Storagemanager
    66 | November 8, 2012 7:44 am

Syrian President Bashar Assad vowed to “live and die” in Syria, saying in an interview broadcast Thursday that he will never flee his country despite the bloody, 19-month-old uprising against him.

The broadcast comes two days after British Prime Minister David Cameron suggested that Assad could be allowed safe passage out of the country if that would guarantee an end to the nation’s civil war, which activists estimate has killed more than 36,000 people. (AP) http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/1,7340,L-4302902,00.html

66. 67 | November 8, 2012 7:44 am

@ Carolina Girl:

I wish I could help you on your house. I finally got rid of mine because I found a kick-ass realator who could get the job done. They got me more than my asking price, in this market. Still, it took me over 2 1/2 years to sell it, and it cost me about 70% of the value of the home just to get rid of it.

67. 68 | November 8, 2012 7:45 am

@ Guggi:

I think you can reach immigrants without pandering to them. I sure don’t think the ‘Dream Act’ is anything we should support by any means. But focus on the damage being done in ‘their’ community by the policies of the left (high unemployment, for example), and how conservative approaches have worked in the past (Reagan).

But yeah, we need to show a vision for a unified America- people of all races benefiting, not just ‘here’s how we’ll help you as Blacks/Hispanics/gays /etc

68. 69 | November 8, 2012 7:46 am

MacDuff wrote:

Better yet, Disparate Aggrieved Minority Nation (DAMN).

69. 70 | November 8, 2012 7:49 am

@ Storagemanager:

Speaking of violating probation:

One of Mike Bloomberg’s allies in Mayors Against Illegal Guns who only left the coalition when she had to resign from office when convicted of multiple crimes is in the court system again. After reaching a deal with prosecutors, she’s already in violation of her probation.

Court records show former Baltimore Mayor Sheila Dixon has been charged with violating her probation on theft and perjury charges.

Dixon, a Democrat, resigned in 2010 after she pleaded guilty to lying about gifts from her former boyfriend, a developer who received tax breaks from the city. She was also convicted of stealing about $500 in gift cards donated to the city for needy families.

That’s right, Bloomberg’s gun control project had him working with a mayor who stole gifts for families in poverty, and even when the court allowed her probation, she still couldn’t keep herself out of trouble. I guess this means we need to give his project a new nickname – Illegaler Mayors Against Guns.

So these people want us not to be able to get guns, while they pilliage the poor? Got it. I hope they put this chick under the jail.

70. Storagemanager
    71 | November 8, 2012 7:49 am

Boston — A Romney adviser partly blames last night’s defeat on a weak message. “Turnout was the big problem, since we didn’t get all of McCain’s voters to the polls, but we really should have been talking more about Benghazi and Obamacare,” an adviser says, speaking on the condition of anonymity. “Those are major issues and Romney rarely mentioned them in the final days.”

The adviser expects Stuart Stevens, Romney’s chief strategist, to bear the brunt of the blame, but not all of it. “There is a Boston clique that will stick together,” the adviser says. “But blaming Stuart and the other newcomers means blaming Romney, so they will be careful. They know Romney always gave Stuart his complete confidence.”

Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey, the adviser adds, is persona non grata in Romney’s inner circle. “He went out of his way to embrace the president during the final week of the campaign,” the adviser says. “It wasn’t necessary and it hurt us. Todd Akin, Richard Mourdock, and Chris Christie undermined the Republican message.”

71. 72 | November 8, 2012 7:52 am

@ Eliana:

The environmentalists are destroying farming in California but refusing toe release needed water in order to protect a non-indiginous bait fish called a snail darter.

72. Storagemanager
    73 | November 8, 2012 7:52 am

“And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …”
    Samuel Adams

73. 74 | November 8, 2012 7:55 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Eliana:

Ah yes, the Snail Darter. That little beggar is quite famous!

74. 75 | November 8, 2012 7:58 am

@ MacDuff:

Meanwhile, the population centers keep re-electing Feinstein and Boxer, two metropolitan bitches who don’t give two shits about the farmers except in the two weeks before elections. After which they promptly ignore them again.

Waiting for Obama to try and sell more U.S. bonds now that credit rating is not only downgraded but I believe it’s about to be downgraded again.

75. Guggi
    76 | November 8, 2012 7:59 am

MacDuff wrote:

Isn’t that sad ? Groupthink, we against the “others”, ethnicism, identity affiliation, religious affiliation, cultural affiliation etc. has become the mantra of the U.S.A.

To be an “American” is nothing worth than your entitelments as a group.

76. 77 | November 8, 2012 8:00 am

Laura Ingraham had an interesting tweet last night. She said maybe it’s time for the GOP to stop picking candidates using the “it’s their turn” criteria.

77. 78 | November 8, 2012 8:03 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

Ya think?!

78. Guggi
    79 | November 8, 2012 8:03 am

mfhorn wrote:

Yep these should be the core values of your country.

79. Storagemanager
    80 | November 8, 2012 8:04 am

WASHINGTON (CBSDC/AP) — Islamists in the Middle East are speaking out following President Barack Obama’s re-election Tuesday night.

The Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood feels that the only foreign policy change Obama can bring is by “accepting the will of the Arab people.”

“We must rely on ourselves and on our resources and build our country,” Issam Al-Aryan, a top Muslim Brotherhood official, said, according to The Times of Israel. “In the absence of direct American influence, Egypt can affect and lead the process of building a democratic and constitutional regime that will become a dream for African and the southern hemisphere.”

Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood wants to make Shariah Law the main source of the country’s new constitution.

Terror group Hamas is calling for Obama not to be “biased” toward Israeli interests during his second term.

80. 81 | November 8, 2012 8:07 am

It’s going to come as a complete shock to the aggreived minorities that voted Presdident Pieceocrap a second term that in his mind he doesn’t owe them anything. I’ve no doubt he’s planning to bestow as much amnesty as he can without Congressional approval.

They are going to be further shocked when the economic conditions fall even further behind. Because Romney wasn’t lying when he said Obama had no plan and that he was incapable of leadership.

81. 82 | November 8, 2012 8:08 am

Guggi wrote:

To be an “American” is nothing worth than your entitlements
    as a group.

There was a time when we reveled in our unity, hence “United”. Now we worship diversity, which highlights differences and division. The root word for diversity is divide and they either don’t see the cruel irony in that, or that’s just what they had in mind. I’m pretty sure it’s the latter.

82. 83 | November 8, 2012 8:16 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

Not true! He does have a plan. It’s just not one that has the best interests of most Americans at heart. The “Transformation of America” continues it’s downward spiral.

84 | November 8, 2012 8:16 am

4 years ago I predicted 7-7.5% permanent unemployment…people will just go comatose while their quality of life sinks away…so long as they have a tv they will stay happily apathetic…millions of them

84. 85 | November 8, 2012 8:17 am

@ Carolina Girl:

That would be nice. This early out, I am on th eRubio 2016 bandwagon. It isn’t his “turn”, but he is an excellent conservative (no flip-flopping), and if he wouldn’t help with the hispanic vote (without pandering), then that is a lost cause.

85. Guggi
    86 | November 8, 2012 8:18 am

Everyone witha twitter/facebook/craiglist account should go to the celebrity accounts who supported O. and ask them: where is my job ? Did you spent some additional taxes according to the “Buffet rule” and how much ? How much do you pay your secretary, your cleaning lady, your gardener ? Where is all the stimulus money ?

Squeeze them, punish those who cheered for him if he is a “Teflon man” you can’t reach.

86. Guggi
    87 | November 8, 2012 8:20 am

MacDuff wrote:

In short: divide et impera !

88 | November 8, 2012 8:21 am

speaking of the stimulus….BO simply ignores his own law…

and nobody does a damn thing about it

88. 89 | November 8, 2012 8:21 am

heysoos wrote:

so long as they have a tv they will stay happily apathetic

Exactly! America has been so dumbed down. I am studying the Civil War, and I am constantly amazed at the level of education among even the enlisted men. Their everyday speech required a larger vocabulary than your average college English course these days. True, they couldn’t spell by modern standards, but that didn’t mean they weren’t educated. Even the uneducated, like Nathan Bedford Forrest, had much higher vocabularies than most of the products of the modern school industry. I believe that this dumbing-down is deliberate. The uneducated are easier to control.

89. Guggi
    90 | November 8, 2012 8:23 am

heysoos wrote:

and nobody does a damn thing about it

who should care ? The media ?

90. Guggi
    91 | November 8, 2012 8:23 am

My new slogan:

Ave Obama, morituri te salutant

91. 92 | November 8, 2012 8:28 am

@ Guggi:

Exactly! That has been the Deomcrat’s strategy for my whole life. They have also been the anti-American party all my life. I wish that the GOP had the balls to challenge them on that. They want to gut our military, and Sequestration has given Obama the tools to do that without forcing his Democrat Senators and Congressmen to even vote on it. America is so screwed. 2016 can[t come soon enough, but I am afraid that it will be too late by then. It is already too late. Re-electing Obama is choosing decline and fall. When the history is written about the fall of America, 2012 will be reconed as the year we fell. It’ll just take a little while for the reality to catch up with us.

92. 93 | November 8, 2012 8:33 am

@ Guggi:

Congress can’t do anything about it wht the Senate in Democrat hands, and we learned under the Clinton Administration that the Democrats will let a Democrat President get away with any damned thing he wants to. That’s why nothing will come of the Benghazi debacle. Democrats at bestdon’t care about te Country. They don’t care abouyt American citizens at home or abroad. All they care about is POWER. ANd Obama increases their power.

93. Guggi
    94 | November 8, 2012 8:34 am

2012 will be reconed as the year we fell.

…the year you went over the cliff.

94. 95 | November 8, 2012 8:38 am

I have seen the dumbing down in my time as well. My grandfather new ancient greek and was able to translate it to English. My father dropped out of school in grade 10 (long story as to why) and they had two English classes that were mandatory. Literature and Grammar. Today grammar is taught incidentally and the literature is rubbish.

95. Guggi
    96 | November 8, 2012 8:43 am

PaladinPhil wrote:

Today grammar is taught incidentally

Who needs English grammar :-P

96. 97 | November 8, 2012 8:45 am

Since Warren Buffett was so upset about his tax rate less than his secretary’s, he should be pleased to know that the tax rates for capital gains and dividents are about to go up to 23.8% and 43.8%, respectively, from 15%. So, Mr. Buffett, for every $100,000 you make in dividend income this year, you’ll get to keep about half. Of course, I’m sure you’ll have no problem with it.

But let’s consider that a retireee that is living off $250,000 a year on dividend income -- just saw their yearly income HALVED.

Happy now, asshole? You and the rest of the Silicon Valley billionaires got what you wanted.

97. 98 | November 8, 2012 8:48 am

I do wonder if even the Democrats in the Senate are embarrassed by the ramblings of Harry Reid and will elect a different Senator Majority leader.

Probably won’t happen, but my little optimistic soul hasn’t totally surrendered.

98. 99 | November 8, 2012 8:48 am

@ PaladinPhil:
    @ Guggi:

Back in the day, primary schools were called “grammar schools”. I wonder how many of today’s kids, upon completion of their primary education, can even define “grammar”?

99. Guggi
    100 | November 8, 2012 8:51 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

But let’s consider that a retireee that is living off $250,000 a year on dividend income — just saw their yearly income HALVED.

If one lives from US$ 250,000 a year on dividend income this one is part of the “greedy rich” according to O. und all the social welfare freeloaders.

100. Guggi
    101 | November 8, 2012 8:52 am

MacDuff wrote:

same here. Students can’t analyze sentences anymore.

101. 102 | November 8, 2012 8:56 am

MacDuff wrote:

Grammar lives with grampa? :)

102. 103 | November 8, 2012 9:04 am

Guggi wrote:

same here. Students can’t analyze sentences anymore.

Here, we used to call it “diagraming” sentences. I loved that, and I was also very good at it!

103. 104 | November 8, 2012 9:05 am

PaladinPhil wrote:

MacDuff wrote:

Grammar lives with grampa?

:) :D

105 | November 8, 2012 10:51 am

MacDuff wrote:

PaladinPhil wrote:

MacDuff wrote:

Grammar lives with grampa?

Not in California.

There, Heather has two grammars.