Paula Broadwell married and mother of 2 is who Petraeus had an affair with

by Rodan ( 7 Comments › )
Filed under government, Headlines at November 9th, 2012 - 11:34 pm

The paramour of David Petraeus has been revealed. She is a married woman mother of 2. Her name is Paula Broadwell and was the General’s biographer. This came light because she had been accessing his personal email.

WASHINGTON—Central Intelligence Agency Director David Petraeus resigned after a probe into whether someone else was using his email led to the discovery that he was having an extramarital affair, according to several people briefed on the matter.

A Federal Bureau of Investigation inquiry into use of Mr. Petraeus’s Gmail account led agents to believe the woman or someone close to her had sought access to his email, the people said.

Multiple officials familiar with the investigation identified the woman as the author of a biography on Mr. Petraeus.

[….]

Multiple officials said Mr. Petraeus’s affair was with Paula Broadwell, a West Point graduate who recently wrote a book on the retired general, “All In: The Education of General David Petraeus.” Efforts to reach Ms. Broadwell were unsuccessful. A spokeswoman for her publisher, Penguin, did not immediately comment.

Here is something I came across Hot Air. A NY times letter by an aggrieved husband whose wife is having an affair.

My wife is having an affair with a government executive. His role is to manage a project whose progress is seen worldwide as a demonstration of American leadership. (This might seem hyperbolic, but it is not an exaggeration.) I have met with him on several occasions, and he has been gracious. (I doubt if he is aware of my knowledge.) I have watched the affair intensify over the last year, and I have also benefited from his generosity. He is engaged in work that I am passionate about and is absolutely the right person for the job. I strongly feel that exposing the affair will create a major distraction that would adversely impact the success of an important effort. My issue: Should I acknowledge this affair and finally force closure? Should I suffer in silence for the next year or two for a project I feel must succeed? Should I be “true to my heart” and walk away from the entire miserable situation and put the episode behind me?

This letter sounds alot like the Patraeus-Broadwell situation.

Tags: , ,

Comments

7 Responses to “Paula Broadwell married and mother of 2 is who Petraeus had an affair with”

1 | November 9, 2012 11:47 pm

Interesting. Out of the few dozen couples i know well. I only know of one that has maintained their fidelity. For a good number of them the indiscretion was temporary and they realized they wanted to be together. I tend not to judge people on this quality except to note that in almost 100 percent of the cases it is very hurtful to one or all of the people involved. It is best to try and learn to carry a character of mind that has clear communication with ones spouse.

It’s been suggested the CIA is leaking this in payback mode for Benghazi. Does that mean Obama is clean?

2. Mars
    2 | November 10, 2012 12:02 am

darkwords wrote:

I never would have dreamed of carrying on an affair. My ex-wife however carried one on for at least 6 months before she left the home. The worst part was that she took the children with her and blamed everything on me. All without admitting the affair. Then the idiot gave me her cell phones to see if I could repair them. 6+ months of text messages could have really done her in during court if my lawyer had had the balls to go for it.

3. 4 | November 10, 2012 7:55 am

Mars wrote:

You should have gotten a different lawyer.

4. 5 | November 10, 2012 7:59 am

darkwords wrote:

Does that mean Obama is clean?

Obama is unlikely to be carrying on an affair, but I’d bet money he’s had backchannel dealings with the Muslim Brotherhood that would be very interesting if they came out. Stuff that might would have cost him the election, maybe. But probably not. Everyone who is paying attention knows Obama wants Iran to get nukes and is selling out Israel. Having explicit confirmation of that fact wouldn’t have changed a significant number of people’s minds. I’m convinced now that no one could have beaten Obama. He’s the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT, and he promised free shit to half the voting populace. That he’ll have to borrow all that money from China and that it’ll all really go to doners doesn’t matter in the least to the Free Shit Army.

5. Lily
    6 | November 11, 2012 12:04 am

darkwords wrote:

Obama clean????? I bet the leaking is coming from his adminstration or with their knowledge and go ahead…remember revenge!

6. Lily
    7 | November 11, 2012 12:08 am

You are right …. no one could have beat obama…plain and simple…no matter how bloody his hands are, no matter how much he lies, no matter how much he colludes with the enemy ….he is a cult of his own. May the American people know who is really like this next 4 years.