NFL Week 10 Open Thread

by Carolina Girl ( 240 Comments › )
Filed under Uncategorized at November 11th, 2012 - 12:45 pm

Okay, okay…..just so no one says I’m a poor sport.

Hard to believe we’re already in Week 10.   I’m having to grudgingly admit that that kid from Stanford is having a better year than I thought he was going to and even my football savant offspring is telling me its time for me to hang up my Cal/Stanford rivalry scarf and admit the kid’s good.

Okay,  The kid’s good.  Call me when he has a Superbowl ring.  Meanwhile I’ll still be doing the “discount double check” dance with the guy that almost brungded us to the Rose Bowl, Aaron Effing Rodgers.

In the meantime, more than half the teams in the NFL have .500 records and while I’m having crow for lunch today dealing with personal football rivals, it looks like the undefeted Atlanta Falcons are having a superb season as Matt Ryan and company marches into the Superdome.  At this point in the Saints season, all I seem to be cheering for is for Breezy to continue his touchdown streak.

Here are this week’s matchups – have a cold beer and if it’s not too cold outside for the grill, have a burger or two for me:

Raiders @ Ravens
Rams @ 49ers
Texans @ Bears

Mondays’s Game

Chiefs @ Steelers

Byes this week – Browns, Cardinals, Packers, Redskins

Comments

240 Responses to “NFL Week 10 Open Thread”

1. 1 | November 11, 2012 12:47 pm

Patritors?

2 | November 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Aaron Effing Rodgers.

Did anyone else see his 60 Minutes interview where they showed video of him flipping out because a fan remarked that he thought Rodgers would be taller in person?

I guess he’s REAL sensitive.

Now, if I’m an opposing pass rusher, I’m trying to bring out Rodgers’ “inner Napoleon.” Every snap.

3. theoutsider
    3 | November 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Forty Niners 30-10 over the Rams, just a guess.

4. 4 | November 11, 2012 1:19 pm

@ Bumr50:

Cal hasn’t been the same since he left -- it’s like Tedford wasted all his quarterback mojo on that one recruit.

5. 5 | November 11, 2012 1:22 pm

@ Macker:

I shouldn’t write columns at 6:00 a.m. Without my glasses.

6. 6 | November 11, 2012 1:25 pm

BTW, DirecTV, if there are two slots in the damn GAME MIX is there a reason you aren’t giving us the Giants or the Chargers game instead of placeholder cards for games at 4:00 EST?

Oh cool. Saints TD!!

7. 7 | November 11, 2012 1:28 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Well apparently someone from DTV reads this blog -- just got a blurb that the games aren’t part of the mix due to broadcast restrictions.
    Huh? Are the Bengals and Bucs blacked out locally?

8 | November 11, 2012 2:04 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

Aaron Effing Rodgers.
    I guess he’s REAL sensitive.

Rodgers is 6/2…probably close to the NFL average…Romo is 6/2 as well…Brees is 6/0 but pretty effective….these guys can get it done without Brady’s 6/4 height

9 | November 11, 2012 2:05 pm

They are a dying breed.

10 | November 11, 2012 2:11 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

They are a dying breed.

maybe…one thing for certain, offensive lineman have gotten way bigger and taller over the years…Brees looks like a dwarf next to his tackles, but somehow see over or through them down the passing lanes…for that ability alone I have alot of respect for him….Doug Flutie is only 5/10 and we remember him tearing up defenses

11 | November 11, 2012 2:34 pm

halftime…two surprises
    M Turner and the vaunted Falcons run game shut down by NO…it’s Brees vs Ryan unless Turner gets it going…NO 21-Atl 17

Andy Dalton, Cin has played flawless football…I saw him a couple of years ago here in ABQ when TCU tore up the NM Lobos and he will almost certainly become the superstar I predicted…Manning is struggling
    Cin 17
    NYG 6

if there is a team I hate almost as much as the the Eagles, it’s the gd Giants

12. 12 | November 11, 2012 2:42 pm

@ heysoos:

We also remember his son’s autism foundation, as well as his drop kick in his last game in the NFL!

13 | November 11, 2012 2:48 pm

Macker wrote:

@ heysoos:

Flutie was a fine player, liked by everyone and did okay by the NFL…a colorful talent that was good for the league…a stand up guy

14. 14 | November 11, 2012 2:51 pm

@ heysoos:

He’s one of the reasons why I follow the Toronto Argonauts in the CFL!

15 | November 11, 2012 2:58 pm

LOL, Eli!

16 | November 11, 2012 2:59 pm

Macker wrote:

@ heysoos:
    He’s one of the reasons why I follow the Toronto Argonauts in the CFL!

I was laying in a hospital bed, burnt to a crisp, drinking beer with my dad when Flutie tossed his hail mary against Mia…and I watched years before when Staubach hit Pearson against the Vikes when that last gasp option was invented…just remembering stuff

17 | November 11, 2012 3:00 pm

@ 14 Macker: Colorado Football League? I think the Quarterback Reciever combination of Terrence and Phil were excellent draft choices.

18 | November 11, 2012 3:02 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

LOL, Eli!

Dalton has a pretty good game going…I want to see the Bengals have some success…I’m a diehard Cowboy fan, but a league guy too

19 | November 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Eli Manning just punted

20 | November 11, 2012 3:08 pm

boom!
    Cin 31
    NYG 6
    heh…I love it

21. poteen
    21 | November 11, 2012 3:11 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

Ya think that hasn’t been tried in the last few years? All for show. Only broken body parts will slow him down. SOB can throw the football.

22 | November 11, 2012 3:16 pm

For all their safety concerns these days one would wonder why the helmet to helmet contact is not reviewable. Too many rules that are comittee driven.

23. Guggi
    23 | November 11, 2012 3:39 pm

Obama cover-up claim over CIA chief’s affair: Was the relationship discovered by FBI months ago, but hushed up due to election?

The FBI began an investigation in February after discovering the 60-year-old’s computer had been accessed by someone else -- believed to be his 40-year-old mistress Paula Broadwell -- prompting fears of a major security breach.

(…)

A source said last night: ‘The real question is, what did the President know, and when?’
    Frances Townsend, a former senior US government security official and now a member of the CIA Advisory Committee, said: ‘Whenever the FBI opens an investigation of a senior official they have to make notification of that, especially if there is an intelligence concern.

‘It is hard to believe the White House did not know about this prior to the election.’

(…)

A senior Congressional staffer said last night: ‘What would he have told us? The resignation is incredibly convenient for the administration. Would he have revealed the CIA knew the Benghazi compound was under threat and Washington did nothing to secure it?’

Members of the House Intelligence Committee may still vote to subpoena Petraeus and force him to testify.

The source added: ‘This could be another Watergate situation where it is not the event that brings down the president but the cover-up.’

(…)

24. 24 | November 11, 2012 3:40 pm

I didn’t know they have the mercy rule in the NFL. FOX just left the Giants game and went to “a more competitive game”, the Saints Atlanta game.

25 | November 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Rancher wrote:

smart move…it’s a barnburner….Atl looking to be upset

26. Mars
    26 | November 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Sorry for posting on this thread but everything else is dead.

This guy writing this article (apparently a Rabbi), claims that everything about Petraeus situation is private.

The woman involved has been accessing his office email if earlier reports are to be believed. A head of intelligence involved in a blackmail situation and the other person has access to potentially sensitive information?

Of course this “Rabbi” also had no problem with Klintons moral failings, he was more worried that Klinton didn’t get us involved in the Rwanda situation. (Yes, he wanted Klinton in another war that we had no reason to be in the middle of.)

The Rabbi is apparently also a Republican so I have to give him some credit at least. But, it seems odd that the only people he has praise for in the article are dems.

His final message is actually quite a good one, and the article is worth the read, even if the first half managed to irritate me to no end.
    The message is confused, and I’m beginning to wonder if that’s why so many Jewish vote dem.

27. Mars
    27 | November 11, 2012 3:47 pm

The New York Times reported that General Petraeus wanted to be chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff but the Obama administration, afraid of a high profile rival, pushed him in the direction of the CIA posting, with the concomitant lower, more secretive profile that was out of the press limelight.

To me this is the money quote. Everything about this administration is all about how to make the won look better.

28. Lily
    28 | November 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Does anyone know what is going on with google or any search engines?

29. Lily
    29 | November 11, 2012 3:52 pm

Mars wrote:

Of course haven’t they been slowly degrading him?

30. Lily
    30 | November 11, 2012 3:56 pm

Saints are going to win this game….down go the FALCONS…..YEAH!

31 | November 11, 2012 3:56 pm

holy socks!
    Atl couldn’t score…

32. Lily
    32 | November 11, 2012 3:57 pm

@ Lily:

They are dangerous area though…

33. 33 | November 11, 2012 3:58 pm

@ Lily:

It doesn’t sound like Petraeus needed any help degrading himself. My question is how did this guy get through a background check and Senate confirmation with this in his background? Did they simply not find it? That’s scary if true, because he wasn’t exactly stealthy about this. Did they simply not care? I am thinking the latter, but how scary is that? Petraeus could obviously have been blackmailed with this affair. ANd how slimey is the FBI, that they allowed this to fester until after the election just to make the One look good? I believe that we need to get rid of most of the Federal Government. They are pretty much all corrupt. That’s why Petraeus got through. They are all slimey.

34. Lily
    34 | November 11, 2012 3:59 pm

Dammit…Saints need this win.

35. Lily
    35 | November 11, 2012 4:01 pm

I agree IF the corruption is off the scale.

36 | November 11, 2012 4:02 pm

@ Lily:

heh…I hate the feds, this sort of shit is exactly why

37. Lily
    37 | November 11, 2012 4:03 pm

Come on Saints hold em.

38. Lily
    38 | November 11, 2012 4:04 pm

SAINTS BEAT UN-DEFEATED FALCONS. BAM!

39. Moe Katz
    39 | November 11, 2012 4:05 pm

darkwords wrote:

For all their safety concerns these days one would wonder why the helmet to helmet contact is not reviewable. Too many rules that are committee driven.

Yeah, they should put their heads together about that.

40. Mars
    40 | November 11, 2012 4:06 pm

And if people are new to DC and not corrupt, it sure as hell doesn’t take long to fix that.

I hate having to vote for the least corrupt.

41. brookly red
    41 | November 11, 2012 4:06 pm

Lily wrote:

Of course haven’t they been slowly degrading him?

Ahhh and there in lies the hope, when the one goes down it will be from within

42. Mars
    42 | November 11, 2012 4:06 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

darkwords wrote:
    Yeah, they should put their heads together about that.

ROFL

43. Lily
    43 | November 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Lily wrote:

Of course haven’t they been slowly degrading him?

Ahhh and there in lies the hope, when the one goes down it will be from within

Yes wouldn’t that be grand.

44. brookly red
    44 | November 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Lily wrote:

Of course haven’t they been slowly degrading him?

Ahhh and there in lies the hope, when the one goes down it will be from within

Yes wouldn’t that be grand.

Oh yes, the inner circle is talking amongst themselves, all it will take is one who is not willing to fall on his sword.

45 | November 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Buf is looking to steal one from the Pats…
    Fitzpatrick has had an awesome game

46. Lily
    46 | November 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Is anyone getting THIS ISN’T THE SITE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR … with Amazon, youtube and google???

47 | November 11, 2012 4:13 pm

So is Syria starting a war with Israel to get the muslims to switch sides in their internal fight?

48. Lily
    48 | November 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Lily wrote:

Of course haven’t they been slowly degrading him?

Ahhh and there in lies the hope, when the one goes down it will be from within

Yes wouldn’t that be grand.

Hopefully there will be someone who doesn’t want to fall on their sword for obama and his administration.

49. 49 | November 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Lily wrote:

SAINTS BEAT UN-DEFEATED FALCONS. BAM!

WHAM, BAM THANK YOU MA’AM!

50 | November 11, 2012 4:14 pm

heysoos wrote:

Buf is looking to steal one from the Pats…
    Fitzpatrick has had an awesome game

turnover, Bills choke

51. Lily
    51 | November 11, 2012 4:16 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Lily wrote:

SAINTS BEAT UN-DEFEATED FALCONS. BAM!

WHAM, BAM THANK YOU MA’AM!

AWESOME!!!!

52. brookly red
    52 | November 11, 2012 4:17 pm

Lily wrote:

It would be great if it was Holder, but I am thinking probably Hillary…

53. 53 | November 11, 2012 4:19 pm

brookly red wrote:

It would be great if it was Holder, but I am thinking probably Hillary…

Methinks Hillary knows where some bodies are buried…literally and figuratively.

54. Lily
    54 | November 11, 2012 4:20 pm

Lily wrote:

It would be great if it was Holder, but I am thinking probably Hillary…

She is going to have to be forced..she says she isn’t going to testify next week.

55. Lily
    55 | November 11, 2012 4:20 pm

MacDuff wrote:

brookly red wrote:

It would be great if it was Holder, but I am thinking probably Hillary…

Methinks Hillary knows where some bodies are buried…literally and figuratively.

You bet she does.

56. 56 | November 11, 2012 4:20 pm

I believe that we need to get rid of most of the Federal Government.

Well they are going to run out of money real soon so there’s that.

57. Mars
    57 | November 11, 2012 4:20 pm

I fully expect half the world to go up in flames very soon. Since O got re-elected no one in the world has any fear of US power.

58. 58 | November 11, 2012 4:23 pm

AWESOME!!!!

We sure needed that one, didn’t we?

59. Lily
    59 | November 11, 2012 4:24 pm

Mars wrote:

My thoughts excatly …..are we looking at WWIII soon? The world is much dangerous than it was a few years ago and now we have someone who is going to cut in half our military. How obama got re-elected is one for the books..for sure.

60. Lily
    60 | November 11, 2012 4:26 pm

MacDuff wrote:

AWESOME!!!!

We sure needed that one, didn’t we?

Darn yes! The Saints seem to be getting better as more and more of the coaching staff gets back. No telling what this year would have been if all the crap in the off season hadn’t of happened.

61. brookly red
    61 | November 11, 2012 4:28 pm

Mars wrote:

there could be an upside to that, if the deck gets reshuffled some people who really deserve it may just get it.

62. brookly red
    62 | November 11, 2012 4:30 pm

Lily wrote:

well for 2,000 years we have been told how it’s gonna go down…

63. 63 | November 11, 2012 4:32 pm

Lily wrote:

This season has GOT to be KILLING Sean Peyton, but today, he had some reason to smile……If he actually knows how. :) Smiles don’t come easily to Sean.

64. Mars
    64 | November 11, 2012 4:41 pm

I don’t know what’s going on with Hillary. If she thinks she can wait until after her resignation in order to drop the bomb and still gain political traction she’s crazy.

All I can figure is she’s trying to figure out how to parlay this into another multi-million dollar book deal.

65 | November 11, 2012 4:42 pm

Petraeus is a liar, a cheat, and worse, stupid….running the CIA while boinking some bimbo and using email at the same time?…this guy is an idiot…burn his ass

66. 66 | November 11, 2012 4:44 pm

Lily wrote:

Please give me some keywords and I’ll let you know!

67. brookly red
    67 | November 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Mars wrote:

she has to be at the point where she realizes she knows too much and might just be looking at survival

68. Lily
    68 | November 11, 2012 4:46 pm

@ Macker:

The site you are looking for is not the site ..or something like that.

69. Lily
    69 | November 11, 2012 4:48 pm

heysoos wrote:

Well as I always say …anything written down, emailed or texted…is a trail you leave behind…dummies..especially if you are charge of the FBI or CIA. Cover your trail 101 epic fail.

70. yenta-fada
    70 | November 11, 2012 4:50 pm

Mars wrote:

I’m going to post this long article from a Canadian source. You will be interested in it. As to the veracity of the information; I have no idea. This periodical has been going for a few years, but it doesn’t get much exposure. Make of it what you will. It is a fresh take on current events. I leave it to the readers to see if it makes sense.

71 | November 11, 2012 4:51 pm

I have always believed that spies should run the CIA not generals or bureaucrats

72. Lily
    72 | November 11, 2012 4:52 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Lily wrote:

This season has GOT to be KILLING Sean Peyton, but today, he had some reason to smile……If he actually knows how. Smiles don’t come easily to Sean.

I image he is watching each game..cussing and taking notes on what is done right and what is done wrong. This team is his baby and then his contract comes in dispute with Goodall good grief!!!

73. 73 | November 11, 2012 4:52 pm

heysoos wrote:

I absolutely agree. Adultery is no small failing and I expect better.

74. brookly red
    74 | November 11, 2012 4:52 pm

@ Macker:

The site you are looking for is not the site ..or something like that.

site jacking is more and more common and Amazon dose little to protect it’s affiliates. My friend just had her business site jacked on Amazon and when she reported it they kicked her out. The jackers made a bad mistake though, they shipped the products via US mail. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I won’t buy anything on Amazon till they clean up their act and protect their vendors.

75. Lily
    75 | November 11, 2012 4:55 pm

76. Lily
    76 | November 11, 2012 4:56 pm

Mars wrote:

Getting in bed with the obama administration EPIC FAIL. Her ambitions are done up in smoke for doing this. Why she remains quiet is beyond me.heysoos wrote:

Doesn’t know how to cover his trail..gee even I know how to do that.
    Idiot he is.

77 | November 11, 2012 4:56 pm

@ MacDuff:
    Petraeus is sixty years old & the woman is 40.
    There was also another woman.
    This guy is a victim of his own ego.
    To me the question is, how did he get through the vetting
    for the CIA?

78. Mars
    78 | November 11, 2012 4:57 pm

Mars wrote:

It just seems odd. Usually the Klintons are in survival mode on things like this. Yet just like everyone else attached to this asshole in charge, they circle the wagons and act like loyal lackeys. It’s after the election and not even Bill has come out saying anything.

79. brookly red
    79 | November 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Lily wrote:

we have a saying in Brooklyn, “snitches get stitches”… these people play for keeps and she damn well knows it.

80. Lily
    80 | November 11, 2012 4:58 pm

@ brookly red:

I’m having problems in a lot of places..but son has fixed it and when I asked what was wrong, “Stupid crap you wouldn’t understand.” Okay. It’s fixed! GREAT!

81. 81 | November 11, 2012 5:00 pm

@ MacDuff:
    Petraeus is sixty years old & the woman is 40.
    There was also another woman.
    This guy is a victim of his own ego.
    To me the question is, how did he get through the vetting
    for the CIA?

Very good point. It kinda speaks volumes, doesn’t it?

82. Lily
    82 | November 11, 2012 5:00 pm

Lily wrote:

Did she under-estimate them? If she did now she knows. Everything is up in flames and she should dish out what she got if she doesn’t she never had a back-bone to begin with. Not to mention her husband shilling for obama …disgusting.

83. brookly red
    83 | November 11, 2012 5:00 pm

Mars wrote:

grasshopper, it hard to stab someone in the back if you are not standing behind them.

84 | November 11, 2012 5:01 pm

@ MacDuff:
    Petraeus is sixty years old & the woman is 40.
    There was also another woman.
    This guy is a victim of his own ego.
    To me the question is, how did he get through the vetting
    for the CIA?

guy is a 4 star general…every breath he’s sucked in for his entire career is on record…this whole matter is in rampant mode now…utter chaos and someone is going down hard…gotta be patient and let it unravel…these monkeys are stupid and will be shitting on each other soon enough…imo

85. Lily
    85 | November 11, 2012 5:01 pm

Mars wrote:

I know! What in the hell is going on???? Lots of questions I have.

86. Mars
    86 | November 11, 2012 5:02 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Mars wrote:

Canada Free Press is a great source for news that the US doesn’t have the balls to discuss.

87. Lily
    87 | November 11, 2012 5:02 pm

@ MacDuff:
    Petraeus is sixty years old & the woman is 40.
    There was also another woman.
    This guy is a victim of his own ego.
    To me the question is, how did he get through the vetting
    for the CIA?

Hope you are right. I certainly can’t gauge what is going on they have fooled me too many times…how in the hell do they get away with so much crap is beyond me.

88 | November 11, 2012 5:05 pm

seems pretty likely that HC has all the cards…she has the CIA on one hand and the Administration in the other….something will give…quietly excusing herself in the short run seems smart….in other words, she might just be clean

89. brookly red
    89 | November 11, 2012 5:07 pm

heysoos wrote:

and it’s working out just fine for them, here everybody’s looking at the scandal “hey look sex!” and Benghazi just fades away…

90 | November 11, 2012 5:08 pm

I don’t think so…it’s just picking up steam…there is nowhere to hide

91. Mars
    91 | November 11, 2012 5:10 pm

Mars wrote:

I know! What in the hell is going on???? Lots of questions I have.

If it wasn’t for the fact O has the power of the government behind him I can guarantee that the Klintons would have no fear of him or his thugs. The Klintons have much bigger trail of bodies behind them than O does.

(Of course the Chicago machine has even more than the Klintons so I guess it all balances.)

92. Lily
    92 | November 11, 2012 5:10 pm

Lily wrote:

well for 2,000 years we have been told how it’s gonna go down…

Ah yep…but I wonder how people felt during WWII? WWI? There will be wars and rumors of wars….right now everything is nuts.

93. yenta-fada
    93 | November 11, 2012 5:10 pm

yenta-fada wrote:
    Mars wrote:

It has a completely different take on geopolitics without sounding like Alex Jones. I don’t remember to read it much, but it does more than scream like the nutbar sites who end up blaming the Joooos, UFOs,
    and the government control of the weather.

94. brookly red
    94 | November 11, 2012 5:11 pm

I don’t think so…it’s just picking up steam…there is nowhere to hide

on that I agree, same with fast and furious… the shit is gonna hit the fan and I am thinking the klinton plan is let the party go to hell and wait until they are begged to save it.

95. Lily
    95 | November 11, 2012 5:11 pm

Mars wrote:

I know! What in the hell is going on???? Lots of questions I have.

Well with the obama administration the bodies are out in the open…remember just bumps in the road…I think the obama administration makes the Clintons look like 2nd graders…

96. yenta-fada
    96 | November 11, 2012 5:13 pm

@ Lily:

Take a few minutes and read the article I referenced above in #70.

97. Mars
    97 | November 11, 2012 5:13 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

yenta-fada wrote:
    Mars wrote:
    and the government control of the weather.

Yep. Seems to have a balanced take on things without going into conspiracy territory.

98. Lily
    98 | November 11, 2012 5:16 pm

I don’t think so…it’s just picking up steam…there is nowhere to hide

Who knows when you think something is going one way…it ends up going the other way .. it’s crazy I tell you.

99. brookly red
    99 | November 11, 2012 5:17 pm

Mars wrote:

which is fine unless of course it really is a conspiracy :)

100 | November 11, 2012 5:19 pm

All just too convenient, election on Tuesday, BHO informed
    on Wednesday.
    Petreaus submits his resignation on Thursday & it is accepted
    on Friday.
    Voila! He will not be testifying about Benghazi next week.

101 | November 11, 2012 5:21 pm

All just too convenient, election on Tuesday, BHO informed
    on Wednesday.
    Petreaus submits his resignation on Thursday & it is accepted
    on Friday.
    Voila! He will not be testifying about Benghazi next week.

he will testify whenever he’s told to…or go to jail

102. Mars
    102 | November 11, 2012 5:21 pm

Mars wrote:
    I know! What in the hell is going on???? Lots of questions I have.

Except the Klintons are homicidal 2nd graders. Their trail of bodies is long and not well hidden.

Of course O and his thugs can let people die in real time with no cover up needed. The press will do all the work for him.

103. Mars
    103 | November 11, 2012 5:23 pm

which is fine unless of course it really is a conspiracy

Very true. Everything I’m reading lately on the voting machine thing is making me want to dig up a tinfoil hat.

But, everything es connecting a little too well.

104. yenta-fada
    104 | November 11, 2012 5:24 pm

@ Mars:

Certainly the larger question is how much truth is there to the writings of Canadian Free Press? OTOH, we KNOW the MSM and the administration are lying to us. Also, there is not a lot any of us can do about it on most levels. There is no place to run to imo.

105 | November 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Polarised Aggregation quietly forming distinct parts before the Union of 50 States dissolves

106. Mars
    106 | November 11, 2012 5:25 pm

All just too convenient, election on Tuesday, BHO informed
    on Wednesday.
    Petreaus submits his resignation on Thursday & it is accepted
    on Friday.
    Voila! He will not be testifying about Benghazi next week.

he will testify whenever he’s told to…or go to jail

Last night it sounded like he would still be brought in to testify.

107. yenta-fada
    107 | November 11, 2012 5:26 pm

which is fine unless of course it really is a conspiracy
    But, everything es connecting a little too well.

Yeah. FL voting:

Click if you like this post!Sign-Up On Tuesday only one precinct had less than 113% turnout. “The Unofficial vote count is 175,554 registered voters 247,713 vote cards cast (141.10% ). The National SEAL Museum, a St. Lucie county polling place, had 158.85% voter turn out, the highest in the county.”

The Supervisor of Elections, Gertrude Walker, had this to say concerning the 141% voter turnout: “They may have had something like that in Palm Beach County, but we’ve never seen that here.”

108 | November 11, 2012 5:27 pm

he will testify whenever he’s told to…or go to jail

Under subpena, he has to show up.
    He can lawyer up & cop the 5th, or more
    likely national security.
    But they should compel him to testify with limited immunity,
    only if he cooperates.

109. Lily
    109 | November 11, 2012 5:28 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

@ Lily:

Take a few minutes and read the article I referenced above in #70.

Just got finished reading it and knew most of what was in there..and like I thought we are looking at WWIII possibly in the not so distant future. This just sucks…but hey BIG BIRD IS SAFE!!!

110. yenta-fada
    110 | November 11, 2012 5:28 pm

which is fine unless of course it really is a conspiracy

Even if it is a conspiracy, nobody can predict a “Black Swan” event that cannot be predicted. (am I even making sense here? lol)

111. Lily
    111 | November 11, 2012 5:29 pm

All just too convenient, election on Tuesday, BHO informed
    on Wednesday.
    Petreaus submits his resignation on Thursday & it is accepted
    on Friday.
    Voila! He will not be testifying about Benghazi next week.

Viola!!!! And neither will be Hillary! What great timing I tell ya!

112 | November 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Diane Feinstein was on Fox with Chris Wallace this morning.
    She actually said that she sees no relationship
    between the Petraous resignation & Benghazi.
    I assume that there is no relationship between the dawn
    and the rooster crowing.

113. Lily
    113 | November 11, 2012 5:30 pm

All just too convenient, election on Tuesday, BHO informed
    on Wednesday.
    Petreaus submits his resignation on Thursday & it is accepted
    on Friday.
    Voila! He will not be testifying about Benghazi next week.

he will testify whenever he’s told to…or go to jail

You forget he has the right to plead the 5th.

114. yenta-fada
    114 | November 11, 2012 5:31 pm

yenta-fada wrote:
    @ Lily:
    Take a few minutes and read the article I referenced above in #70.

Start doing some prepping on the supposition that God helps those that help themselves. Otherwise, it’s out of our hands.

115 | November 11, 2012 5:32 pm

this just went into the oven

bon appetit!

116 | November 11, 2012 5:32 pm

Viola!!!! And neither will be Hillary! What great timing I tell ya

Hilary left the country right after Benghazi.
    She is now in Australia. Busy, busy.

117. Mars
    117 | November 11, 2012 5:32 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

which is fine unless of course it really is a conspiracy
    But, everything es connecting a little too well.
    Yeah. FL voting:

And yet no one on our side will ever freaking question the results.

118. yenta-fada
    118 | November 11, 2012 5:32 pm

Diane Feinstein was on Fox with Chris Wallace this morning.
    She actually said that she sees no relationship
    between the Petraous resignation & Benghazi.
    I assume that there is no relationship between the dawn
    and the rooster crowing.

Or between Diane Feinstein getting rich and being part of the government.

119. Lily
    119 | November 11, 2012 5:34 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

which is fine unless of course it really is a conspiracy

You are right …. this is totally unable to predict. Smoke and mirrors all over the place.

120. yenta-fada
    120 | November 11, 2012 5:34 pm

this just went into the oven

bon appetit!

One of my favorite cookbook titles is “First you take a leek”

121. Lily
    121 | November 11, 2012 5:35 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

yenta-fada wrote:
    @ Lily:
    Take a few minutes and read the article I referenced above in #70.

Always have a plan B. Always.

122. Lily
    122 | November 11, 2012 5:36 pm

Viola!!!! And neither will be Hillary! What great timing I tell ya

Hilary left the country right after Benghazi.
    She is now in Australia. Busy, busy.

Yep how interesting.

123. yenta-fada
    124 | November 11, 2012 5:38 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Or between Diane Feinstein getting rich and being part of the government.

Yeah, just luck.
    Kinda like Harry Reid, only two years in the
    private sector & he is a mult-millionaire.
    He actually said with a straight face, “I invested well.”

125. Lily
    125 | November 11, 2012 5:39 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Yeah there are a lot of Americans who know they can’t trust the media…it doesn’t add up…but apparently there are more Americans that do believe the media…crazy world I tell you.

126 | November 11, 2012 5:40 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    Or between Diane Feinstein getting rich and being part of the government.
    Yeah, just luck.
    Kinda like Harry Reid, only two years in the
    private sector & he is a mult-millionaire.
    He actually said with a straight face, “I invested well.”

he was a lawyer for the Nevada Gaming Commission…ground zero for some skin

127 | November 11, 2012 5:42 pm

@ yenta-fada:

I see Feinstein’s involvement in the Petraeus/Benghazi news cycle as a net plus for our side.

I was remarking earlier that I’m pretty sure her blabbing totally wiped out the prosecution’s case against TWO serial killers while she was mayor of Frisco.

Let her talk!

(Oh and she’s “Chairperson Of The Intelligence Committee,” right?)

128 | November 11, 2012 5:47 pm

“America’s Game Of The Week?”

129 | November 11, 2012 5:48 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

“America’s Game Of The Week?”

Bumr50 wrote:

“America’s Game Of The Week?”

it’s football….a good game so far

130 | November 11, 2012 5:48 pm

@ heysoos:
    Old Harry was a little mobbed up, so they say.

131 | November 11, 2012 5:50 pm

Yep how interesting

This looks like a real coverup.

132. 132 | November 11, 2012 5:51 pm

he will testify whenever he’s told to…or go to jail

Oh really? And who is going to arrest him and put him in jail? Eric Holder and his Merry Men?

133 | November 11, 2012 5:51 pm

@ heysoos:
    Old Harry was a little mobbed up, so they say.

in a business where judges down to pit bosses are bought and sold…you don’t have to beat the system when you are the system…I’m a firm believer in maximum corruption…it’s just too easy, from the POTUS to your librarian down the street

134 | November 11, 2012 5:52 pm

@ heysoos:

Is Philly’s O-line just that bad, or did they give up after the new kid came in?

135 | November 11, 2012 5:53 pm

Mike C. wrote:

he will testify whenever he’s told to…or go to jail

if Holder won’t he can share the generals noose…all it takes is one federal judge

136 | November 11, 2012 5:53 pm

@ heysoos:
    Safe bet that old Harry is corrupt.

137. 137 | November 11, 2012 5:54 pm

Didn’t Diane Feinstein refuse to debate her opponent recently in her re-election bid?

138 | November 11, 2012 5:55 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ heysoos:

not sure but I love new kids…watch out for what’s his name…I remember Rodgers tearing up the Cowboys as a rookie…we won but you could see his was gonna be a big dog

139 | November 11, 2012 5:57 pm

Later gators.

140 | November 11, 2012 5:57 pm

@ heysoos:
    Safe bet that old Harry is corrupt.

of course…it’s not just a bet, it’s the reality of it…all senior Senators are corrupt, bet on that and you’ll get rich

141. Lily
    141 | November 11, 2012 5:57 pm

Yep how interesting

This looks like a real coverup.

Oh yes indeed…and who is going to have the back-bone to expose it?

142. 142 | November 11, 2012 5:58 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

Just like Debbie Stab-a-cow!

143 | November 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Yep how interesting
    This looks like a real coverup.

Oh yes indeed…and who is going to have the back-bone to expose it?

FNC, bloggers, kinfolk of the victims, and lots of print media that did not endorse BO…but it takes time

144. 144 | November 11, 2012 6:07 pm

Macker wrote:

Just like Debbie Stab-a-cow!

That’s a really funny avatar, Macker!

145. 145 | November 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

That’s a really funny avatar, Macker!

Yes and it has nothing to do with Battlestar Galactica!

146. 146 | November 11, 2012 6:14 pm

Macker wrote:

Yes and it has nothing to do with Battlestar Galactica!

I was thinking more like Battleship Earth.

147. 147 | November 11, 2012 6:15 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

Think “not Supermarionation!”

148 | November 11, 2012 6:16 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

this just went into the oven
    bon appetit!
    One of my favorite cookbook titles is “First you take a leek”

ha! i love that!

la bonne cuisine

complete cooking la cordon bleu

mastering the art of french cooking

these are the basis for any great kitchen library, imho…

149. Lily
    149 | November 11, 2012 6:21 pm

Yep how interesting
    This looks like a real coverup.

Oh yes indeed…and who is going to have the back-bone to expose it?

Time…I wonder if the MSM is even going to cover it.

150. 150 | November 11, 2012 6:45 pm

@ Macker:

Good to meet a fellow fan of B5 & Due South!

151 | November 11, 2012 6:56 pm

Cowboys pick—————>6. Now up 31-17 over Filthadelphia.

152. Lily
    152 | November 11, 2012 7:19 pm

So it begins…

IDF fires warning shot into Syria after shelling

153. Guggi
    153 | November 11, 2012 7:24 pm

So, Broadwell was threatening a woman so hard that this woman was so scared that she went to the FBI, during the investigation the FBI discovered the Petraeus emails per accident but no further investigation or charge will be made against Broadwell.

Ah, those emails must have been threatening ////////

154. Lily
    154 | November 11, 2012 7:26 pm

@ Guggi:

Does smell a bit fishy…all around doesn’t it?

155. 155 | November 11, 2012 7:26 pm

@ mfhorn:

Just so you know, that avatar has nothing to do with B5 or Due South either, eh.

156. Lily
    156 | November 11, 2012 7:29 pm

@ Macker:

I have no idea what your avatar is … not a trekki so it seems.

I’ll do like my husband does everytime I ask him question:
    “I know that’s a member of Journey!”

157. Guggi
    157 | November 11, 2012 7:30 pm

@ Guggi:
    Does smell a bit fishy…all around doesn’t it?

more than fishy

But I wouldn’t count out an act of revenge of his loving wife.////

158. Lily
    158 | November 11, 2012 7:30 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Cowboys pick—————>6. Now up 31-17 over Filthadelphia.

Saints WON. Makes me so happy. 8-)

159. Lily
    159 | November 11, 2012 7:31 pm

Guggi wrote:

@ Guggi:
    Does smell a bit fishy…all around doesn’t it?

more than fishy

But I wouldn’t count out an act of revenge of his loving wife.////

Yeah a lot is not adding up now is it? So close to after the election at that too.

160. Guggi
    160 | November 11, 2012 7:38 pm

Lily wrote:

…and she is very close to O.

161. Lily
    161 | November 11, 2012 7:38 pm

Guggi wrote:

Lily wrote:

…and she is very close to O.

Wonders of wonders!!!!
    ///

162 | November 11, 2012 7:40 pm

@ 155 Macker: Is your ringtone a startrek communicator sound?

163 | November 11, 2012 7:42 pm

@ 153 Guggi: I don’t believe that unless the woman was a high ranking government official with some pull. THe FBI gets so many complaints they would shelve anything like that. The FBI and the CIA here are going to come off as the losers holding the bag of crap.

164 | November 11, 2012 7:45 pm

Cowboys win….beat Philly
    I hate the Eagles…if hate were a company, I’d be Apple

165. Guggi
    165 | November 11, 2012 7:48 pm

darkwords wrote:

I only say I don’t count it out and O. created a job for Mrs. Petraeus and is very close to her. She is the one who linked him and his donations to the vets and military families which lead to massive contributions from the military to his campaign. Much more than Romney got.

166. 166 | November 11, 2012 7:50 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

Hell, she didn’t have to. I never saw a single political ad for the Republican candidate and she didn’t even run any until a couple days before the election.

Districts were redrawn in California so that where possible, more Democrats were included for former Republican districts and the Democrats now have a supermajority in Sacramento. There was an article on Yahoo News where the local libturds were celebrating the end of Repubicans in California and how California will be a great Democrat state.

They don’t get it. Conservative Californians will move, business will move -- they are going to be a state with no economy and nothing but a free stuff crowd demanding their goodies. But at least those hard-working Republicans will be gone.

167 | November 11, 2012 7:50 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    That should be enough to ask for an examination of the election to see if voters were voting in several places.

168. 168 | November 11, 2012 7:50 pm

darkwords wrote:

Is your ringtone a startrek communicator sound?

Gods damn it, FRAK NO! ‘zat give you any hint? 8)

169 | November 11, 2012 7:52 pm

@ 166 Carolina Girl:Well then one would want to find common cause with the minority in the Democratic party and flip the next election.

170. 170 | November 11, 2012 7:52 pm

@ Macker:

Well, it’s something from Galactica, but I can’t tell what it is.

171 | November 11, 2012 7:55 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

from what i can see, the collapse a la greece should start in cali. where it goes from there who knows. panic in other state houses will set in if cali collapses and the gimmegimme’s start to run out of other people’s stuff.

its time to take the medicine.

172. 172 | November 11, 2012 7:57 pm

@ mfhorn:

The only part you got right is…it’s from Universal! (watch at 0:41):

173 | November 11, 2012 7:59 pm

One thing you can do to improve the next election is gift someone an NRA membership. someone that is in the center. And ask them to do the same.

174. 174 | November 11, 2012 7:59 pm

@ darkwords:

There really isn’t a Democrat “minority” in this state, per se--both houses of our legislature are based on population so the urban centers of San Francisco and Los Angeles control the state. It’s only the coastal areas and Sacramento that are blue, with the rest of the state red, but because they aren’t as populated and don’t even remotely attempt to fix voter fraud, they get what they want.

It’s why San Francisco and Los Angeles are a mess and its now spread to the rest of the state. We lost two House seats in the last election, so many people have left. And illegals have replaced them.

175. CynicalConservative
    175 | November 11, 2012 8:00 pm

I’ve gotta get out of Oregon, it’s not far behind Cali.

/galt

176 | November 11, 2012 8:03 pm

It will be like any embezzler whose pyramid scheme collapses. The people at the very top will run or go to jail, some close to the top will jump out of windows to protect their families. The vast majority will lose everything. They will riot and try to take from others who weren’t robbed. So I guess to make oneself feel better this election cycle it would be good to go out and buy 1000 rounds of ammo. If the economy goes to crap they will become votes.

177 | November 11, 2012 8:06 pm

@ 172 Macker: I was thinking the negative universe from that show Xev was in. Canadian. Lexx

178. 178 | November 11, 2012 8:06 pm

CW -- I’m going to go out on a limb and predict by the time people do their taxes next year they’re going to be wishing REAL hard for a do-over. I think they’ll be looking at $5/gallon gas, the small businesses, the $250,000 guys, will be laying off and reducing workers to part time where possible, the Medicare folks will have difficulty finding a doctor and everyone is going to watch their dividend income go down as the tax rate rises.

Bread will be $5 a loaf; milk over $5 a gallon. Decent cuts of meat will be enormously expensive. Eating out wlll be a thing of the past as restaurants will cost too much.

And heating your home? Forget it. Stock up on sweats from WalMart.

And what was that again -- oh yeah, you voted for Obama because you felt he CARED more about you…..

179 | November 11, 2012 8:10 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

They don’t get it. Conservative Californians will move, business will move — they are going to be a state with no economy and nothing but a free stuff crowd demanding their goodies. But at least those hard-working Republicans will be gone.

It’s not as though this hasn’t been tried before.

New Jersey raised taxes on high income residents a few years ago. They ended up getting less tax revenue as a result, not more.

180 | November 11, 2012 8:12 pm

@ 178 Carolina Girl: As long as the millenial generations bodies are protected higher prices for all is ok. Even a world war is ok.

181 | November 11, 2012 8:13 pm

bring it.

we need the poison to fix the patient.

182. 182 | November 11, 2012 8:13 pm

darkwords wrote:

Oh, and by the way, THIS thug is back in power:

183 | November 11, 2012 8:16 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

CW — I’m going to go out on a limb and predict by the time people do their taxes next year they’re going to be wishing REAL hard for a do-over. I think they’ll be looking at $5/gallon gas, the small businesses, the $250,000 guys, will be laying off and reducing workers to part time where possible,

its already started. some of the guys at know at my club did just that, terminations to get under the obmacare minimum and terminations to cut costs (not gonna say obama supporters were first in the firing line… :lol: )

oh well, cant say i really give a shit anymore.

gas might not get too silly high as there will be reduced demand both here and in asia.

184 | November 11, 2012 8:17 pm

darkwords wrote:

oh, they will learn as well. just a matter of time and serious economic pain.

185 | November 11, 2012 8:21 pm

And Obama will claim that it’s the result of people buying Chevy Volts.

186. 186 | November 11, 2012 8:22 pm

darkwords wrote:

oh, they will learn as well. just a matter of time and serious economic pain.

“Renounce citizenship” peaked on Google searches. Just sayin’.

They’ll be looking into their rear view mirrors, saying, “Goodbye, you commie bastards!”

187. 187 | November 11, 2012 8:22 pm

What’s going to come as a shock to a lot of these people is that there is no fucking FREE health care in their future. Your boss and you pay or you pay. And no cadillac plans and no cafeteria plans, my friend.

Oh and that Medicare advantage, you AARP stooges in Florida? You know how you believed that Paul Ryan was going to push you over a cliff? Obama and company are in the process of securing your dangling rope to the branch.

188 | November 11, 2012 8:24 pm

@ 1389AD:

While the rebellion spreads to the north, ending the Civil War and paving the way for anarchy and the rule of armed gangs, particularly in the south of Albania.

Prominent crime figures have already escaped from prisons and organize gangs effectively taking control of many areas. Gangs make money through storming banks, taking hostages and kidnapping of businesses. The chaos is total and the whole country (with the exception of the capital Tirana) is completely paralyzed.

189 | November 11, 2012 8:24 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

everyone needs to feel the pain.

everyone.

190 | November 11, 2012 8:25 pm

1389AD wrote:

Oh, and by the way, THIS thug is back in power:

He’s gotta be a thug. He looks like Robert DeNiro’s twin brother.

191. 191 | November 11, 2012 8:26 pm

darkwords wrote:

oh, they will learn as well. just a matter of time and serious economic pain.

I won’t be able to tell ‘em where to go -- they’ll already be there.

But I can tell them what anatomical improbabilities they can perform.

192. 192 | November 11, 2012 8:27 pm

@ darkwords:

Lexx = EEEEWWWWWW!

193 | November 11, 2012 8:28 pm

@ 192 Macker: Horrible writing but some of the best space babes around.

194. 194 | November 11, 2012 8:28 pm

darkwords wrote:

@ 1389AD:

If I recall, one bank was robbed by using a stolen tank.

Many of those m*****f****** Albanian gang members immediately started emigrating from their earthly paradise in Albania, largely into the US and the EU. Then they started buying US politicians by the carload.

NYC pizza parlors are money laundering places for Albanian Muslim gangsters/narcoterrorists. They also contribute heavily to politicians of both parties.

The ones that didn’t drift into the US and the EU went into Kosovo and started preying on Serbs.

195 | November 11, 2012 8:29 pm

@ Macker:
    Or the thief on Farscape.

196. 196 | November 11, 2012 8:31 pm

I need a new laptop -- this one is making god awful noises.

I tried to explain to people yesterday — there is no way that raising taxes on the $250,000 and up crowd is even going to make a dent in the debt or the deficit -- it’ll be able to finance another round of spending for the free stuff crowd but that’s it. The only way they can pay for shit is to raise the debt ceiling and print more money.

But they will start reclassifying “rich.” I’ll predict by this time next year, we’ll be hearing that people earning over $100,000 aren’t paying their fair share.

197 | November 11, 2012 8:32 pm

guaranteed.

198. 198 | November 11, 2012 8:33 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

I need a new laptop — this one is making god awful noises.
    I tried to explain to people yesterday — there is no way that raising taxes on the $250,000 and up crowd is even going to make a dent in the debt or the deficit — it’ll be able to finance another round of spending for the free stuff crowd but that’s it. The only way they can pay for shit is to raise the debt ceiling and print more money.

You probably have a bad cooling fan or a bad hard drive.

Get a backup hard drive (or at least some thumb drives) and back up everything that you consider particularly important. That’s a good idea even if your device is NOT about to go kaput.

If you have your installation disks for software, you can get by with just backing up your data files.

199 | November 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Well, some people are getting ready, if this weekend’s gun show was any indication.

And I heard that at least one of the gun stores here has seen a 400% increase in sales since Tuesday.

200. 200 | November 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Yep, and all those taxes that were going to apply only to those making $250,000 or more will also be lowered. Wonder how the retired crowd that were looking at $100,000 in dividend income a year are going to manage when it’s reduced to $57,000.

201 | November 11, 2012 8:36 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

I’d ask those people how much they pay in federal taxes.

The answer is probably zero (or less).

202 | November 11, 2012 8:36 pm

1389AD wrote:

darkwords wrote:
    oh, they will learn as well. just a matter of time and serious economic pain.

I won’t be able to tell ‘em where to go — they’ll already be there.
    But I can tell them what anatomical improbabilities they can perform.

this will be a wonderful object lesson for them.

i will continue to drop subtle econ hints, leave some articles lying around, and educated surreptitiously those female RN’s who i work with who voted for obama on the basis of ‘equal pay’ and reproductive rights.

‘long is the struggle, hard the fight’ -- from an old baptist hymnal

203. 203 | November 11, 2012 8:36 pm

@ 1389AD:

I’ve done that for the programming. I wonder if getting a new one will be cheaper -- at least it will have the new Windows software as well.

Has anyone looked into the Windows “Surface” tablet?

204 | November 11, 2012 8:37 pm

@ 1389AD:

why not also take the back off and see if the fan and heat sink needs to be cleaned.

205 | November 11, 2012 8:38 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

I’ve done that for the programming. I wonder if getting a new one will be cheaper — at least it will have the new Windows software as well.

Unless you get a pretty high-end laptop, it’s almost certainly going to be cheaper than fixing the one you have.

206 | November 11, 2012 8:39 pm

i will laugh.

pain for all!

207. 207 | November 11, 2012 8:40 pm

@ 1389AD:
    Has anyone looked into the Windows “Surface” tablet?

Yes, you probably do need to replace your machine. The backup drive is for security and for ease in transferring your data to another machine.

Tablets aren’t that convenient for people who do a lot of typing.

208. 208 | November 11, 2012 8:40 pm

I make about that with overtime every year and pay about 14% of my income after deductions for home interest, etc.

But the earned income credit needs to to go. I get that people get back all the taxes they paid, but getting extra $$ is bullshit pure and simple.

209 | November 11, 2012 8:41 pm

Microsoft Surface Touch keyboards self-destruct – and more
    Does not look like it’s ready for prime time yet. It still has to work out the bugs.

210. 210 | November 11, 2012 8:42 pm

@ 1389AD:

Yep -- I have a bluetooth keyboard for my iPad but it’s not all that easy to type on.

211 | November 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Microsoft Surface Touch keyboards self-destruct – and more

Does it catch fire when it gets wet, like those $100,000 Fiskar electric cars we’re subsidizing?

212 | November 11, 2012 8:43 pm

BOOM!!!

Japan’s economy contracted in the third quarter at the fastest pace since last year’s earthquake as exports slumped and consumer spending slid.

Gross domestic product fell an annualized 3.5 percent in the three months through September, after a revised 0.3 percent gain the previous quarter, the Cabinet Office said in Tokyo today. The median of 23 estimates in a Bloomberg News survey was for a 3.4 percent drop. Barclays Plc and Societe Generale SA are among those forecasting another decline this quarter, meeting the textbook definition of a recession.

213. 213 | November 11, 2012 8:43 pm

BTW what precisely is an “Ultrabook?”

214. 214 | November 11, 2012 8:44 pm

Yup.

When they talk about “reproductive rights” it seems that they already have the right to reproduce at will, with the additional privilege of having the rest of us pay so much to raise THEIR kids that we don’t have anything left for our own families.

215 | November 11, 2012 8:44 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

I’ve never understood why some people’s entire existence has to be subsidized by the rest of us.

216. 216 | November 11, 2012 8:44 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

that’s redistribution. simple as that. the simpletons think its fab.

217. 217 | November 11, 2012 8:45 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

BTW what precisely is an “Ultrabook?”

Very fancy Intel-based thin, lightweight, pricey, high-performance laptop.

The sales figures didn’t live up to expectations.

218 | November 11, 2012 8:47 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

BTW what precisely is an “Ultrabook?”

A very thin and lightweight laptop.

219 | November 11, 2012 8:48 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Carolina Girl wrote:
    BTW what precisely is an “Ultrabook?”

A very thin and lightweight laptop.

used by Ultraman!

220. 220 | November 11, 2012 8:49 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Carolina Girl wrote:
    BTW what precisely is an “Ultrabook?”

A very thin and lightweight laptop.

And one that lacks useful features such as ports and DVD drives. :(

221. 221 | November 11, 2012 8:51 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Because they threaten to riot, sue people, and sic their blackmailers on the rest of us if we don’t comply.

They’re robbers.

222 | November 11, 2012 8:51 pm

1389AD wrote:

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Carolina Girl wrote:
    BTW what precisely is an “Ultrabook?”

A very thin and lightweight laptop.

And one that lacks useful features such as ports and DVD drives.

And a non-user replaceable battery. Pay more to get less. :twisted:

223 | November 11, 2012 8:52 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

Pay more to get less.

Was the name Obamabook already taken?

224 | November 11, 2012 8:53 pm

@ 1389AD:

They’re robbers.

I thought we had a policy of not negotiating with terrorists…

225. 225 | November 11, 2012 8:54 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

1389AD wrote:
    Da_Beerfreak wrote:
    Carolina Girl wrote:
    BTW what precisely is an “Ultrabook?”
    A very thin and lightweight laptop.
    And one that lacks useful features such as ports and DVD drives.

And a non-user replaceable battery. Pay more to get less.

The idea was to sell Ultrabooks as status symbols for people with more money than sense.

They went for tablets anyway, so stores are having to discount ‘em to get rid of ‘em.

226 | November 11, 2012 8:54 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

Pay more to get less.

Was the name Obamabook already taken?

Obamabook == never get what you do pay for… :evil:

227. 227 | November 11, 2012 8:55 pm

@ 1389AD:
    They’re robbers.
    I thought we had a policy of not negotiating with terrorists…

Ever since the 1960s, we haven’t been negotiating with our domestic terrorists. All we ever do is surrender immediately. :(

228 | November 11, 2012 8:57 pm

@ 1389AD:

The riot thing doesn’t scare me.

They always end up burning their own neighborhoods, after all.

229. 229 | November 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Problem with that is that I’m IN, or at least very near, their neighborhoods.

Nice to know my black neighbor to the north at least seems to be on the ‘right’ side of the issues. Don’t even remember what it was he said over the summer, but I got the impression he was more on the conservative side of things.

230 | November 11, 2012 9:16 pm

OOT is gonna go up at 2200est

231. 231 | November 11, 2012 9:29 pm

1389AD wrote:

You mean like the French?

232. Dolphin
    232 | November 11, 2012 9:59 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    If you go with a tablet, go with a android based -- jmho. Windows is way behind the pack as far as tablets and apple is way too $$. As far as typing -- get a stylus.

I have an HP touch pad that I high jacked and put ice cream on it. Looking to switch to a 7″ Samsung. The HP is too heavy.

233 | November 11, 2012 10:00 pm

Macker wrote:

1389AD wrote:

You mean like the French?

No. More likely the Democrats…

234 | November 11, 2012 10:01 pm

Macker wrote:

1389AD wrote:

You mean like the French?

Some of our urban politicians could give the French serious competion for
    since you and I were children back in the 60′s.

235. Dolphin
    235 | November 11, 2012 10:01 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    Oh, forgot, I did purchase a surface for work for testing. Didn’t pay with it, but it was pretty weighty.

236. 236 | November 11, 2012 10:02 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Macker wrote:
    1389AD wrote:
    You mean like the French?

Some of our urban politicians could give the French serious competion for Le Grand Macaque du Surrender status. And they’ve been giving in to the rioters and race pimps since you and I were children back in the 60′s.

Same is true of our universities, again since the 1960s.

237. 237 | November 11, 2012 10:03 pm

OOT is up.

238 | November 11, 2012 10:04 pm

@ 1389AD:

Exactement, mon ami.

239. 239 | November 12, 2012 12:05 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Ultra expensive ultra bad, ultra prone to failure.

240. 240 | November 12, 2012 12:13 am

@ mfhorn:

Wichita gun show two weeks ago they sold out of 223 by noon Saturday. Went to Topeka gun show yesterday and picked up 1000 rounds of 223 and a friend picked up another 500. I have another thousand on back order due next week plus a thousand 9mm.