Chris Christie beclowns himself on SNL

by Rodan ( 162 Comments › )
Filed under Elections 2012, Progressives, Republican Party at November 19th, 2012 - 6:51 pm

While people IN NJ are still suffering, Christie goes on Saturday Night Live. He was invited as a rewarded for his treachery to Mitt Romney.

Expect to see Chris Christie get more exposure in the popular culture. He is the left’s favorite Republican. Christie should enjoy his fame while it lasts. Once he’s not useful, the Progressives will drop him like they did McCain in 2008.

Tags: ,

Comments

162 Responses to “Chris Christie beclowns himself on SNL”

1. 1 | November 19, 2012 6:56 pm

I commend your judicious usage of the word “beclowns”!

2 | November 19, 2012 6:57 pm

The fat*** misses the twinkies and ho ho’s.

3. 4 | November 19, 2012 7:03 pm

I never was much of a fan of SNL. Eventually I was told that cannabis (or perhaps other recreational chemicals) were needed to appreciate it.

Never put it to the test. Never gonna.

5 | November 19, 2012 7:05 pm

1389AD wrote:

Never put it to the test. Never gonna.

It was funny once. Of course, that was before most of the current audience was born.

5. eaglesoars
    6 | November 19, 2012 7:07 pm

Did anyone see Eric Bolling absolutely EVISCERATE Christie on The Five tonite? There was blood on the floor.

6. eaglesoars
    7 | November 19, 2012 7:15 pm

Hey! anybody else heard this?

Stay of execution for Twinkies as Hostess Brands and bakers union agree to mediation talks

7. 8 | November 19, 2012 7:16 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Nope, missed that. Busy sorting paperwork & throwing stuff away. If you live in a motorhome you can NOT be a hoarder!

8. eaglesoars
    9 | November 19, 2012 7:17 pm

1389AD wrote:

Busy sorting paperwork & throwing stuff away.

Story of my life. You have my sympathy

9. Mars
    10 | November 19, 2012 7:19 pm

Oddly enough Lorne Michaels votes Republican.

10. Lily
    11 | November 19, 2012 7:20 pm

1389AD wrote:

Never put it to the test. Never gonna.

Yes it was a long, long, time ago.

12 | November 19, 2012 7:21 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

My favorite part was when Beckel drank Gutfeld’s entire Twinkie shake and nearly passed out.

13 | November 19, 2012 7:21 pm

@ Lily:

Yes it was a long, long, time ago.

…in a galaxy far, far away…

13. 14 | November 19, 2012 7:22 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Hey! anybody else heard this?

According to the story, the bankruptcy judge talked ‘em into it.

I don’t have a dog in that fight. I don’t eat that stuff. I have too many problems w/ my blood sugar.

14. Lily
    15 | November 19, 2012 7:22 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Sorry I missed that …but Beckel deserved that in my opinion…he is really hard to take at times when I do watch that show.

15. Lily
    16 | November 19, 2012 7:23 pm

@ Lily:

Yes it was a long, long, time ago.

…in a galaxy far, far away…

:lol: :lol: :lol:

17 | November 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Here’s a good example of not getting the concept:

While Israel and Hamas were far apart in their demands, both sides said they were open to a diplomatic solution — and prepared for further escalation if that failed.

The leader of Hamas took a tough stance, rejecting Israel’s demands that the militant group stop its rocket fire. Instead, Khaled Mashaal said, Israel must meet Hamas’ demands for a lifting of the blockade of Gaza.

‘‘We don’t accept Israeli conditions because it is the aggressor,’’ he told reporters in Egypt. ‘‘We want a cease-fire along with meeting our demands.’’

Why, exactly, would Israel make concessions to Hamas? What’s in it for them, other than saving on ammunition costs?

17. Mars
    18 | November 19, 2012 7:26 pm

Some republicans are trying to buck the system. Haven’t read enough to know if their ideas were good or not, but the fact that it was released then yanked shows the level of war going on in the party right now.

18. 19 | November 19, 2012 7:27 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Andrea Tantaros tweeted that Beckel ran off the set and heaved it up.

20 | November 19, 2012 7:27 pm

@ Lily:

Gutfeld put 4 Twinkies and some milk into a blender.

He offered everyone a taste. Beckel downed the entire glass.

21 | November 19, 2012 7:27 pm

“Fat guuuuy in a liiiittle suit…”

21. 22 | November 19, 2012 7:29 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Ingesting that much sugar that rapidly is a bad idea for anybody, and considering his age and build, he may very well have a blood sugar problem. Nausea can be one of the symptoms. So is dizziness and blurred vision.

Also, if he had imbibed alcoholic beverages earlier in the day, that could have whipsawed his blood sugar, first dropping it then bouncing it way up again.

22. Lily
    23 | November 19, 2012 7:32 pm

@ Lily:

Gutfeld put 4 Twinkies and some milk into a blender.

He offered everyone a taste. Beckel downed the entire glass.

Shows you the level of idiot he is…drink the whole thing? Ah hell no. I think he wanted to look tough…instead he looked like a nancy running off stage to heave it up. LOL! Got to know your limits.

24 | November 19, 2012 7:32 pm

Lily wrote:

Yes it was a long, long, time ago.

…I can still remember how SNL made me smile
    And I knew if I smoked some weed, or drank beer ’til I almost peed
    I could get some chuckles for a while
    But finally to save my liver, I turned down beers from willing givers
    And gave up smoking hemp, ’cause then I working as a temp was
    I don’t recall I ever cried when finally I did decide
    That when my eyes, unstoned, were wide
    For me, SNL died
    So bye, bye, Saturday Night Live
    I’ve got better ways to waste time than with your shuck and jive
    The people who still watch you have the mind of a hive
    And your punchlines never seem to arrive…

24. Mars
    25 | November 19, 2012 7:33 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Hey! anybody else heard this?

Sounds to me like the judge overstepped his bounds and is trying to help the unions.

26 | November 19, 2012 7:33 pm

@ Lily:

It was pretty funny. He missed the whole final segment. Dana Perrino had them go to a wide shot to show his empty chair.

26. Mars
    27 | November 19, 2012 7:34 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Andrea Tantaros tweeted that Beckel ran off the set and heaved it up.

Considering what Beckel seems to be drinking the rest of the time, it shouldn’t have been a problem.

28 | November 19, 2012 7:34 pm

@ Mars:

Yeah…like that never happens…

28. Lily
    29 | November 19, 2012 7:34 pm

@ 1389AD:

I don’t think it was the sugar it was just too rich to down all at once. That would make anyone heave it up. Look I like my sugar I drink a lot of soda’s and lo and behold I have no problems at all with my sugar levels..which are checked every 6 months.

29. eaglesoars
    30 | November 19, 2012 7:35 pm

Really?

The judge noted that the bakery union, which represents about 30 percent of Hostess workers, went on strike after rejecting the company’s latest contract offer, even though it had never filed an objection to it.

‘Many people, myself included, have serious questions as to the logic behind this strike,’ said Judge Robert Drain, who heard the case in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Southern District of New York in White Plains, N.Y.

‘Not to have gone through that step leaves a huge question mark in this case.’

I read it as the judge busting their chops

30. Lily
    31 | November 19, 2012 7:36 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Lily wrote:

Yes it was a long, long, time ago.

…I can still remember how SNL made me smile
    And I knew if I smoked some weed, or drank beer ’til I almost peed
    I could get some chuckles for a while
    But finally to save my liver, I turned down beers from willing givers
    And gave up smoking hemp, ’cause then I working as a temp was
    I don’t recall I ever cried when finally I did decide
    That when my eyes, unstoned, were wide
    For me, SNL died
    So bye, bye, Saturday Night Live
    I’ve got better ways to waste time than with your shuck and jive
    The people who still watch you have the mind of a hive
    And your punchlines never seem to arrive…

Awesome buzz..you hit that one out of the ball-park! LOL!
    /I was actually thinking of that song when I wrote a long, long time ago. ;)

31. eaglesoars
    32 | November 19, 2012 7:37 pm

Mars wrote:

He’s been sober and drug free for years. He’s not shy talking about it. Kinda like Imus

32. 33 | November 19, 2012 7:37 pm

eaglesoars wrote:
    Andrea Tantaros tweeted that Beckel ran off the set and heaved it up.

That could exacerbate a blood sugar issue. Alcohol drops the blood sugar soon after imbibing, then sends it back up later on. If he had a few (?) drinks earlier in the day, then went on the set and drank all that crap, the blood sugar effect could have made him sick as a dog.

33. Mars
    34 | November 19, 2012 7:39 pm

Really?
    ‘Not to have gone through that step leaves a huge question mark in this case.’
    I read it as the judge busting their chops

Ok, missed that. All I caught was the part of him saying that the two sides didn’t go through the process. Thought he was pulling something.

Forgive me if I don’t trust judges anymore.

35 | November 19, 2012 7:39 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Hey! anybody else heard this?

Guess some people realised they’ll be out of a job and jobs are harder to come by

35. Lily
    36 | November 19, 2012 7:40 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Hey! anybody else heard this?

Or maybe help the company by making the union to actually sit at the table.
    /might be wrong. But I do know this all those workers would be willing to take a 2% decress in pay to keep their jobs. From what I understood about the whole situation only a small group of union thugs refused to even consider to sit at the table which forced all the people to lose their jobs. Hence possibility a lot of people started bitching about it.

36. 37 | November 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Mars wrote:

Well, I hope you’re right, even though I find Beckel very annoying.

@ 1389AD:

Even if you don’t have a blood sugar issue, Beckel might. And if he does, he is going to get sick from drinking that.

Diabetes tends to run in families.

37. Mars
    38 | November 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Mars wrote:

Then he has something else going on. He sounds and looks completely wasted everytime they bring him on. It’s very hard to believe he’s sober.

39 | November 19, 2012 7:41 pm

:mrgreen:

39. eaglesoars
    40 | November 19, 2012 7:41 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

YA THINK??!! Kurtz (head of the union) was quoted today as saying he was hoping a new buyer would rehire all his union workers.

I think somebody must have promptly smacked him upside the head. Like the Teamsters union.

40. Lily
    41 | November 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Really?

‘Not to have gone through that step leaves a huge question mark in this case.’

I read it as the judge busting their chops

That’s how I’m reading it too. The union bosses do not represent the union workers at all. This can not be said too often.

42 | November 19, 2012 7:45 pm

@ eaglesoars:

or his wife…

42. 43 | November 19, 2012 7:45 pm

Mars wrote:

Some of it could be residual damage from whatever intoxicants he was on.

Also…blood sugar. Poor control of blood sugar can cause mental confusion, sweating, blurred vision, poor balance, and so forth.

Eating way too much food (of ANY kind) at one sitting will also trigger elevated blood sugar.

43. Lily
    44 | November 19, 2012 7:45 pm

eaglesoars wrote:
    Andrea Tantaros tweeted that Beckel ran off the set and heaved it up.

Honestly I think it was just too rich..eagle says he has quit drinking.

44. eaglesoars
    45 | November 19, 2012 7:45 pm

Mars wrote:

It’s very hard to believe he’s sober.

He is. He goes to ‘meetings’ and talks about that too.

He can be obnoxious as hell and sometimes he outright lies for ‘his side’.

But he’s sober

45. Lily
    46 | November 19, 2012 7:47 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

eaglesoars wrote:

Hey! anybody else heard this?

I could almost bet money on the workers being pissed at the union bosses for pulling this stunt. Workers in general will take a decrease in pay if it means staying employed and not destroying the company. Union bosses do not have the workers best interest in mind.

46. Mars
    47 | November 19, 2012 7:48 pm

Mars wrote:
    It’s very hard to believe he’s sober.
    He is. He goes to ‘meetings’ and talks about that too.
    He can be obnoxious as hell and sometimes he outright lies for ‘his side’.
    But he’s sober

I guess that’s even sadder. There have been times that he has come across as a decent person. It’s a pity there isn’t another reason for his behavior. I guess it’s just brainwashing.

47. Mars
    48 | November 19, 2012 7:49 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

eaglesoars wrote:
    Hey! anybody else heard this?

Plus they only “represent” 30%. First the other 70% are pretty damn pissed, then keep in mind not all the people “represented” by a union actually want the union pulling this shit.

48. eaglesoars
    49 | November 19, 2012 7:49 pm

Honestly I think it was just too rich

Just WATCHING Gutfeld mix that in the blender turned my stomach.

Given that before Gutfeld did that, they showed what Beckel was like last Friday when he couldn’t stop eating the Twinkies (or wtaever they were) and had everybody on the set in hysterics -- I think they just set him up. He’s a glutton and they were pretty sure he’d guzzle the whole thing.

49. 50 | November 19, 2012 7:49 pm

eaglesoars wrote:
    Andrea Tantaros tweeted that Beckel ran off the set and heaved it up.

Honestly I think it was just too rich..eagle says he has quit drinking.

Some people can more or less cope with 4 Twinkies and a glass of milk -- others can’t. Somebody brought a whole lot of donuts to the break room at work and one of the young guys (actually of slender build) ate all the ones that were left. Then he complained that he didn’t feel well….

50. Lily
    51 | November 19, 2012 7:50 pm

@ 1389AD:

I think it was too rich. To try and diagnose someone over the TV is hard. The drink too rich … isn’t the easiest explanation the most plausible one. ;)

51. eaglesoars
    52 | November 19, 2012 7:51 pm

Mars wrote:

I guess it’s just brainwashing he’s an asshole.

52. Lily
    53 | November 19, 2012 7:54 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

eaglesoars wrote:
    Hey! anybody else heard this?

I can bet you dollars to donuts that even the 30% weren’t happy about the union bosses pulling this type of shit. The union bosses do not have the best interest of the workers in mind. I imagine there was huge blow-back by the workers.

53. Mars
    54 | November 19, 2012 7:54 pm

I heard the real reason for this today on the radio. Anyone want to venture a guess?

55 | November 19, 2012 7:54 pm

@ 1389AD:

But he didn’t do it in 10 seconds like Beckel did,

55. 56 | November 19, 2012 7:55 pm

Honestly I think it was just too rich
    Just WATCHING Gutfeld mix that in the blender turned my stomach.
    Given that before Gutfeld did that, they showed what Beckel was like last Friday when he couldn’t stop eating the Twinkies (or wtaever they were) and had everybody on the set in hysterics — I think they just set him up. He’s a glutton and they were pretty sure he’d guzzle the whole thing.

56. Lily
    57 | November 19, 2012 7:55 pm

Honestly I think it was just too rich

Just WATCHING Gutfeld mix that in the blender turned my stomach.

Bingo and he was dumb enough to think he could hold it down. LOL!

58 | November 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Mars wrote:

It’s all he knows how to do?

58. 59 | November 19, 2012 7:56 pm

@ 1389AD:
    But he didn’t do it in 10 seconds like Beckel did,

Presumably not, but then, I wasn’t there to see it happen.

59. Lily
    60 | November 19, 2012 7:56 pm

@ 1389AD:

Younger males can eat like no tomorrow. Beckel isn’t young anymore and I think it was just too rich for the tummy.

60. Lily
    61 | November 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Mars wrote:

I’m scared to venture why? Because there was so much fraud?

61. eaglesoars
    62 | November 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Mars wrote:

Anyone want to venture a guess?

tellmetellmetellme

pleasepleaseplease

63 | November 19, 2012 7:59 pm

@ 1389AD:

Beckel hasn’t been young since Nixon was president.

64 | November 19, 2012 8:00 pm

Beckel hasn’t been young since Nixon was president.

:mrgreen:

64. 65 | November 19, 2012 8:01 pm

@ Lily:

Or it could be a long time ago in the same galaxy!
    [Plunks down 10,000 Quatloos to The Osprey]

65. Mars
    66 | November 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Mars wrote:

It’s all he knows how to do?

Basically yes. Rush explained today that O is going to frame everything as a campaign in order to be able to control it better. That way he can drive up popular support for his issues and go straight to executive orders (my take) and avoid congress.

66. Lily
    67 | November 19, 2012 8:03 pm

@ 1389AD:

Beckel hasn’t been young since Nixon was president.

Yep and there in lies the problem…too rich for tummy. I had only brothers and my children were only sons…they are locusts in the kitchen …they leave little behind when they are hungry…and the amounts they eat are amazing. When I was younger my mother had to hide my food til I got off from work or my brothers would have ate it.
    There was never any leftovers at home. Even the large jar of mayo wasn’t safe. ;)

67. Lily
    68 | November 19, 2012 8:04 pm

@ Macker:

LOL!

69 | November 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Ugh.

Enough with the Twinkies.

I just ate something called a “Trashcan Cookie” which contained: toffee, cornflakes, pretzels, chocolate chips, marshmallows, and coconut.

69. eaglesoars
    70 | November 19, 2012 8:07 pm

Mars wrote:

I must have been in the grocery store and missed it. If that’s an accurate representation of Rush’s analysis, I respectfully beg to differ.

Obama has NEVER governed and it is, basically, a stupid question to begin with. He’s in perpetual campaign mode because that’s what he likes to do -- he can lie his ass off w/no accountability

71 | November 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Lily wrote:

they are locusts in the kitchen …

:mrgreen:

I one time came in and saw mom had left a container of cranberry juice out. Took a big swig and ‘Bam!” she hadn’t done her msds paperwork; pure vinegar. ’bout as soon as I was coherent my brother walked in; “Hey bro? Want some cranberry juice?”

72 | November 19, 2012 8:09 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Obama has NEVER governed and it is, basically, a stupid question to begin with. He’s in perpetual campaign mode because that’s what he likes to do — he can lie his ass off w/no accountability

Clinton was the same way.

72. eaglesoars
    73 | November 19, 2012 8:10 pm

they are locusts in the kitchen

To be fair, my parents said when my sister and I turned 13, their grocery bill went up by 15%/week. Lasted for about a yr for each of us.

73. Mars
    74 | November 19, 2012 8:10 pm

Mars wrote:

Actually that’s also what he said. O has never governed. That being in campaign mode and framing everything as a campaign is the only way he can go “forward”.

74. Lily
    75 | November 19, 2012 8:10 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

Lily wrote:

they are locusts in the kitchen …

LOL! Sounds about right.

75. 76 | November 19, 2012 8:11 pm

The Carrot Rebellion

76. Mars
    77 | November 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Mars wrote:

The executive order bit is my own add in. I just have a feeling we are going to see something like we’ve never seen before.

77. eaglesoars
    78 | November 19, 2012 8:12 pm

Clinton was the same way.

Aw c’mon -- Clinton LIVED for the back and forth of politics that is part of governing. The ‘lying his ass off’ part is the same, but Clinton could work the gov’t levers.

Obama delegates it to hacks like jarrett

79 | November 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Mexican twinkies will use real sugar.

80 | November 19, 2012 8:13 pm

@ darkwords:
    But taste like Bubble Gum

80. eaglesoars
    81 | November 19, 2012 8:13 pm

And I agree with you 250%

81. Lily
    82 | November 19, 2012 8:13 pm

they are locusts in the kitchen

Oh sure growing girls eat too…but compared to boys omg….there is not enough food to feed them!!! I was at the grocery store every other day with my sons! Then they have to have snacks in-between meals. Neither my brothers or my sons were over-weight either. The food intake is a lot. LOL!

83 | November 19, 2012 8:15 pm

darkwords wrote:

Mexican twinkies will use real sugar.

That transports on the back of the same truck the cocaine comes in. Should make the products like Coca Cola before they were told to extract the cocaine

84 | November 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Whoring for comments at PJM, as usual, here’s something to get people in the holiday mood:

It’s Beginning To Look Like A Recession
    —apologies to Meredith Wilson and “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas”

It’s beginning to look like a recession
    Everywhere you go
    Take a good look at the home sales
    Mortgage applicants fail
    To qualify though interest rates are low
    It’s beginning to look like a recession
    High-priced energy
    But the best indicator you’ll see
    Is now living frugally
    Off of your EBT

Your employer cut hours ’cause Obamacare lowers
    And he’d rather pay the fine
    You’ve cut luxuries like going to movies
    Or taking the family to dine
    And if you lose your job you can’t find another
    Though it’s not for lack of tryin’

It’s beginning to look like a recession
    The Dow’s begun to tank
    But please spare me all your tears
    If you voted for four more years
    You’ve yourself to thank

85 | November 19, 2012 8:16 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Clinton was the same way.

Aw c’mon — Clinton LIVED for the back and forth of politics that is part of governing. The ‘lying his ass off’ part is the same, but Clinton could work the gov’t levers.

Obama delegates it to hacks like jarrett

But Clinton still never stopped campaigning until the day he left office.

85. eaglesoars
    86 | November 19, 2012 8:17 pm

mfhorn wrote:

The Carrot Rebellion

That is a VERY clever theater owner. But I think the writer is much too hard on the Spanish people’s motives.

They’re broke. A lot of the young people are leaving for So America.

86. 87 | November 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Mars wrote:

It’s all he knows how to do?

He’s keeping the mechanisms in place to steal the 2014 election, the 2016 election, and so on and so forth, until such time as a 10-million-strong torch-and-pitchfork mob has other ideas.

Although said mob will have my heartfelt sympathy, I hope to be somewhere far away by then.

87. eaglesoars
    88 | November 19, 2012 8:18 pm

But Clinton still never stopped campaigning until the day he left office.

Oh, VERY true. Happy warrior he was. Obama is just a resentful grump

88. Mars
    89 | November 19, 2012 8:20 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

But Clinton still never stopped campaigning until the day he left office.
    Oh, VERY true. Happy warrior he was. Obama is just a resentful grump

It’s easy to smile when you’re getting laid as much as he was.

89. 90 | November 19, 2012 8:21 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

Holy sugar buzz, Batman!

91 | November 19, 2012 8:23 pm

@ eaglesoars:

I thought that whole “farewell speech” thing he did at Andrews was so over the top is was just unreal.

Your successor was just inaugurated. Get on the plane and shut up.

91. eaglesoars
    92 | November 19, 2012 8:25 pm

You watched/listen to it ??!!

oh dear.

My sister and I were too busy making up jokes about Aretha Franklin’s hat

92. 93 | November 19, 2012 8:25 pm

Lily wrote:

Even the large jar of mayo wasn’t safe. ;)

Now THAT is rich food, if eaten by itself. Bleeeargh!

93. Lily
    94 | November 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Lily wrote:

Even the large jar of mayo wasn’t safe.

Now THAT is rich food, if eaten by itself. Bleeeargh!

You should have seen their sandwiches…I’m telling you young males eat a LOT!

94. 95 | November 19, 2012 8:28 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

Ugh.
    Enough with the Twinkies.

I can’t even deal with 4 oz. of eggnog WITHOUT the alcohol.

95. 96 | November 19, 2012 8:45 pm

@ Mars:

He is permanently campaigning. Plus he will give his operation over to Deval Patrick.

97 | November 19, 2012 8:52 pm

Mars wrote:

Oddly enough Lorne Michaels votes Republican.

And we all know where Al Franken ended up… :roll:

97. Moe Katz
    98 | November 19, 2012 8:54 pm

1389AD wrote:

If you live in a motorhome you can NOT be a hoarder!

That would be a blessing for me. Don’t know if the missus would go for that, however.

98. Mars
    99 | November 19, 2012 8:56 pm

@ Mars:

Yep.

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Mars wrote:
    Oddly enough Lorne Michaels votes Republican.

And we all know where Al Franken ended up…

Yeah Michaels was well aware of what kind of nut he was, but thought he was funny. (Which is odd, I never once found his writing or acting the least bit humorous.)

101 | November 19, 2012 8:59 pm

@ Moe Katz:

did he get the shot?

100. Moe Katz
    102 | November 19, 2012 8:59 pm

@ Moe Katz:
    did he get the shot?

I wondered that myself.

101. eaglesoars
    103 | November 19, 2012 8:59 pm

O’Reilly is reading his email.

“O’Reilly, I’m Asian and the reason Asians went for obama is because Republicans are perceived to be the white party”

My hair ignited. I am sick unto death of hearing ‘white’ used as a pejorative.

How many Dems called Hermain Caine Uncle Tom? We could run Mia Love and she would be called The House N-word.

102. Mars
    104 | November 19, 2012 9:03 pm

Anonymous terrorists lying again.

103. eaglesoars
    105 | November 19, 2012 9:03 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

My hair ignited. I am sick unto death of hearing ‘white’ used as a pejorative.

oh, and MALE

Debbie Washyerhair Schultz : We’re too white and too male

We need to fight this. It’s demonization based on race and gender.
    Take it to them.

104. Mars
    106 | November 19, 2012 9:04 pm

Mars wrote:

Anonymous terrorists lying again.

Whoops warning, that is a “progressive” site. (Progressive in the definition from the 30′s. Communist/anarchist conjunction.)

107 | November 19, 2012 9:05 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

I am sick unto death of hearing ‘white’ used as a pejorative.

They keep sticking us in the bleachers…

108 | November 19, 2012 9:07 pm

Debbie Washyerhair Schultz : We’re too white and too male

We need to fight this. It’s demonization based on race and gender.
    Take it to them.

Somebody needs to ask Li’l Debbie why she has reduced herself to being a snack cake with legs.

107. eaglesoars
    109 | November 19, 2012 9:07 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

They keep sticking us in the bleachers…

Please god make it stop

110 | November 19, 2012 9:09 pm

Please god make it stop

Can’t be done; it’s a package deal.

109. 111 | November 19, 2012 9:14 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Until the media is addressed nothing will change. Something needs to be done about the media.

110. eaglesoars
    112 | November 19, 2012 9:21 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Remember you said earlier we needed a good PR firm? I found something last nite -- not about PR specifically but about the psychology of ‘framing’ -- and the media was part of it. I posted the links but I don’t think you saw them. I’m too tired to go find it again, but I’ll email a doc with everything in it tomorrow, m’kay?

It speaks very tightly to what you’ve been (rightly) pounding on, but it goes a long way toward explain why people are so susceptible to it. Fascinating.

111. whosoever
    113 | November 19, 2012 9:29 pm

By the way, thank you Mr. Darkwords for finding that video clip for me!

114 | November 19, 2012 9:44 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Please god make it stop

Gahhhhhh! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!! Via WZ.

113. eaglesoars
    115 | November 19, 2012 9:49 pm

@ huckfunn:

heh heh heh

The fox fur jacket and mink headband in my closet are looking better every day.

116 | November 19, 2012 9:50 pm

WTF???
    State Department Sends Assistant Secretary to … Minneapolis

“Assistant Secretary of State for International Organization Affairs Esther Brimmer will travel to Minneapolis, Minnesota, November 19 where she will be hosted by Congressman Keith Ellison (D-MN) and participate in a series of discussions with civil society organizations on U.S. multilateral engagement,” the State Department’s press release reads. “During her trip, Assistant Secretary Brimmer will participate in a roundtable discussion on human rights at the Center for Changing Lives with Congressman Ellison, local human rights and refugee advocates, and local and state government officials. Later in the day, Assistant Secretary Brimmer and Congressman Ellison will participate in a roundtable discussion on food security issues hosted by the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy, a non-profit research and advocacy organization that promotes sustainable food, farm, and trade systems.”

The press release is written in the same way an announcement for a trip abroad would be described. Except Brimmer is only going to Minnesota.

“While in Minneapolis, Assistant Secretary Brimmer will also meet with Eric Schwartz, Dean of the Humphrey School and former Assistant Secretary for the Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration, and students at the University of Minnesota’s Humphrey Graduate School for Public Affairs,” the press release reads.

115. eaglesoars
    117 | November 19, 2012 9:52 pm

@ huckfunn:

Agenda 21

116. Mars
    118 | November 19, 2012 9:52 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Let M know I have sent the article. Hope it’s up to standards.

119 | November 19, 2012 9:53 pm

@ huckfunn:

Agenda 21

With fur… :shock:

118. Mars
    120 | November 19, 2012 9:54 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Remember you said earlier we needed a good PR firm? I found something last nite — not about PR specifically but about the psychology of ‘framing’ — and the media was part of it. I posted the links but I don’t think you saw them. I’m too tired to go find it again, but I’ll email a doc with everything in it tomorrow, m’kay?

Maybe they can drop those links in with my article I just sent. They work together perfectly.

119. eaglesoars
    121 | November 19, 2012 9:55 pm

@ Mars:

Ok, let me see if I can find them -- I’ll forward to Rodan -- go bug him to forward to you

120. Mars
    122 | November 19, 2012 9:58 pm

@ Mars:
    Ok, let me see if I can find them — I’ll forward to Rodan — go bug him to forward to you

Since I already sent it, maybe Rodan can just drop them in mine.

121. eaglesoars
    123 | November 19, 2012 10:01 pm

got it.

Start here.

I thought it would take longer so I don’t need to email anyone. There’s a lot here but I hope you’ll be able to use some of it.

122. Mars
    124 | November 19, 2012 10:03 pm

got it.
    Start here.

Wow, nope, on second thought that deserves an article of its own.

125 | November 19, 2012 10:04 pm

Minneapolis aka “Mogadishu on the Mississippi” has become a third world destination now days… :evil:

124. eaglesoars
    126 | November 19, 2012 10:06 pm

Mars wrote:

Wow, nope, on second thought that deserves an article of its own.

I think so. I hope Rodan reads the damn thing. He’s right about the media but he doesn’t go far enough. We need to understand why people are so vulnerable to it.

125. Mars
    127 | November 19, 2012 10:07 pm

Just stumbled this awesome article. It’s amazing how liberals love evil, right up until they are face to face with it.

126. Mars
    128 | November 19, 2012 10:08 pm

Mars wrote:
    Wow, nope, on second thought that deserves an article of its own.

I’m thinking explaining framing and the Overton Window concept together. How about The Overton Window Frame, lol.

127. eaglesoars
    129 | November 19, 2012 10:12 pm

I haven’t finished the piece, but this struck me:

Had Ernesto Guevara not linked up with Raul and Fidel Castro in Mexico city that fateful summer of 1955 — had he not linked up with a Cuban exile named Nico Lopez in Guatemala the year before who later introduced him to Raul and Fidel Castro in Mexico City — everything points to Ernesto continuing his life of a traveling hobo, panhandling, mooching off women, staying in flophouses and scribbling unreadable poetry.

I thought he had trained as a physician?

128. Mars
    130 | November 19, 2012 10:15 pm

I haven’t finished the piece, but this struck me:
    I thought he had trained as a physician?

Not sure. But, the life of a revolutionary seemed to be more him. Of course there also is the chance that he might have started traveling around making people disappear. He seemed to be more than slightly psychotic.

129. EBL
    131 | November 19, 2012 10:21 pm

@ Macker:
    Cory Booker may beclown Kris Kristiekreme too.

130. eaglesoars
    132 | November 19, 2012 10:21 pm

@ Mars:

just checked wiki -- he completed his medical studies in 1953.

oh yeah, he was definitely psychotic. I don’t think Fidel mourned him.

131. 133 | November 19, 2012 10:23 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

There are parts of Tennessee that are called Little Kurdistan. And then there’s always Dearbornistan and Islamville in upstate NY.

132. eaglesoars
    134 | November 19, 2012 10:24 pm

EBL wrote:

@ Macker:
    Cory Booker may beclown Kris Kristiekreme too.

People are going to remember when Booker went out and shoveled snow -- and Krispiekreme kissed Obama and appeared on SNL

133. eaglesoars
    136 | November 19, 2012 10:31 pm

sleepy -- time to say goodnite

134. EBL
    137 | November 19, 2012 10:34 pm

@ Mars:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Che_Guevara Compare the propaganda of the Wikipedia article to the American Thinker piece. Now I assume the later is more true, because I trust American Thinker. I know how Wikipedia works and how self appointed administrators love to manipulate pet project pages from any true debate and argument. Doubt me? Find a verifiable fact that does not fit the tone of a wikipedia page and with the cite post it at Wikipedia. Chances are it will be deleted.

135. EBL
    138 | November 19, 2012 10:36 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    I hope Booker kicks his fat ass. The sooner he is gone the better for the GOP. He can always date Ann Coulter.

136. Mars
    139 | November 19, 2012 10:37 pm

EBL wrote:

@ Mars:

Oh yeah. There are reams of conservative material online about wikipedias manipulations. And the editors always side with the libs.

137. poteen
    140 | November 19, 2012 10:52 pm

Just heard something interesting but haven’t found any verification yet.

Alli Bank, formerly GMAC, the only reasonably profitable entity in the GM corporation, is being sold off to one of Warren Buffett’s companies.
    Funny how that works.

141 | November 19, 2012 10:58 pm

@ poteen:

Coincidence, I’m sure.

139. 142 | November 19, 2012 11:10 pm

EBL wrote:

@ Macker:
    Cory Booker may beclown Kris Kristiekreme too.

I am sending money to Booker if he challenged Christie.

140. 143 | November 19, 2012 11:13 pm

@ Mars:

Ok just let her know.

141. Mars
    144 | November 19, 2012 11:19 pm

@ Mars:
    Ok just let her know.

Hopefully our troll is not around when it posts.

BTW have you noticed that when ferb vanishes so does the outsider? When ferb comes online so does the outsider.

Is having a sock that’s as liberal as your primary a banning offense?

142. rain of lead
    146 | November 19, 2012 11:28 pm

mmmmm
    pecan pie
    southern style
    heated and buttered
    mmmmmmmm

143. 147 | November 19, 2012 11:45 pm

@ Mars:

The Ips are different, but that doesn’t mean anything. But yes, that would be a banning offense.

148 | November 19, 2012 11:48 pm

Christie poll shows he gave obama a bump and Romney the Jersey Salute.

149 | November 19, 2012 11:50 pm

@ 144 Mars: The outsider is a long time LGF er I believe. Ferb might be his sock to escape the clutches of the cult leader over there.

146. gibsonz
    150 | November 20, 2012 12:52 am

Chris Christie…The Republican Obama! Ann Coulter`s version of a political hunk!

151 | November 20, 2012 2:19 am

JAY LENO: ‘Economy Is So Bad MSNBC Had To Lay Off 300 Obama Spokesmen’

148. 152 | November 20, 2012 3:36 am

poteen wrote:

Just heard something interesting but haven’t found any verification yet.

Funny how that works.

I’m trying to get another, more fuel-efficient car (definitely not a Government Motors or Chrysysler car!), and I specifically told the dealer I’m working with that I do not want to be financed through those guys! They are dicks!

149. 153 | November 20, 2012 4:22 am

@ Macker:

Since my dealer had one in their online inventory list, I went and drove a Subaru Crosstreck with a manual transmission yesterday An Imprezza-based replacement for the old Outback Sport, sorta like a smaller Outback. The new one gets better mileage by using the 2.0 litre engine at 143 bhp instead of the old standard 2.5 litre boxer at 170 bhp. It would make a good little all-weather road car if you live where winter occurs, what with AWD and extra ground clearance. Has light rated towing capacity as well. It was $ 23 K and change, list. New vehicle, though, so hard to get exactly as you want it at the moment, especially the manual versions. The auto tranny versions are more common and get better mileage, and they have paddle shifters if you want to play boy racer, but they’re mounted on the steering wheel itself, which is just stupid, IMHO. Of course, if you don’t need an all-weather road car with the AWD and extra ground clearance, you can get better mileage for less bucks from other manufacturers. It ain’t that Mini Countryman S All4 I semi-lust after, but it’s a more practical (and probably more reliable) car for substantially less money, so it’s on my list if I ever get off my ass and replace my 16 year old Geo Metro.

Geo Notes:

Age -- 16 years (I’ve had it 14)
    BHP -- A screaming 58. 1000 cc engine, 3 cylinders.
    Condition -- Cosmetically rough, inside and out
    Total miles -- < 42 K (yes, you read that correctly)
    MPG -- 40 in town, 45 on the highway, if driven aggressively (absolutely necessary if you want to get anywhere)
    Monthly payment -- Paid off over a decade ago.
    Extras -- Nobody wants to borrow it, and nobody is going to steal it.
    Downsides -- Not exactly a chick magnet. But then, my wife is not real big on the whole "picking up chicks" thing. Women…

150. 154 | November 20, 2012 5:11 am

Good morning everyone. Last Thursday was Opening Night. Still stoked about being in my first show.

151. Guggi
    155 | November 20, 2012 5:19 am

OmG, she couldn’t even write the book herself ?

If Broadwell were a journalist, her “mentor” would be deemed a “source,” but she is more stenographer than hack (she employed a Washington Post editor to ghostwrite All In, her Petraeus hagiography). And besides, reporters aren’t allowed to sleep with their sources, so mentor is a helpful euphemism.

152. 156 | November 20, 2012 5:56 am

Guggi wrote:

Does this mean she’s not a presstitute? :P

157 | November 20, 2012 5:57 am

@ PaladinPhil:

Congratulations!

154. Guggi
    158 | November 20, 2012 6:04 am

Does this mean she’s not a presstitute?

raps Iron Fist’s knuckles :-P

155. 160 | November 20, 2012 6:27 am

PaladinPhil wrote:

Good for you, may it be the first of many!

156. 161 | November 20, 2012 6:47 am

Only two parts that would ever have me attempt to go on stage; Henry in Henry V, and the Major-General in Pirates of Penzance. And since I can neither act nor sing, either seems unlikely. Guess I’ll have to stick with geophysics…

157. 162 | November 20, 2012 6:50 am

@ Mike C.:

Okay, I would do it to deliver Patrick Henry’s speech of March 23, 1775.