Blood & Chrome Catchup OOT

by Macker ( 37 Comments › )
Filed under Entertainment, OOT, Open thread at November 24th, 2012 - 11:00 pm

I got sidetracked, so here’s an action-laden lineup to get you Frakheads caught up!
Episode 2

Episodes 3 & 4

Episodes 5 & 6

Djerba ain’t Ice Planet Zero! And it ain’t Hoth for that matter either. Two more episodes next Friday at 0900 hours Eastern Time, followed by the final two on December 7th.
Let’s not nuke the Overnight Open Thread!

Tags: , , ,

Comments

37 Responses to “Blood & Chrome Catchup OOT”

1. John Difool
    1 | November 24, 2012 11:09 pm

The most baddest ass music video ever.

2. rain of lead
    2 | November 25, 2012 12:08 am

cause it fits better here

twas the night before christmas (nsfw)

because christmas stuff has been flying up at casa del rain

was The Night Before Christmas (NC-17 Version)

‘Twas the night before Christmas, and God it was neat The kids were both gone, and my wife was in heat The doors were all bolted, and the phone off the hook, It was time for some nooky, by hook or by crook.

Momma in her teddy, and I in the nude, Had just hit the bedroom, and reached for the lube When out on the lawn, there arose such a cry, That I lost my boner, and poor momma went dry.

Up to the window I sprang like an elf, Tore back the shade while she played with herself. The moon on the crest of the snowman we’d built, Showed a broom up his ass, clean up to the hilt.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, But a rusty old sleigh and eight mangy reindeer. With a fat little driver, half out of his sled, A sock in his ear, and a bra on his head.

Sure as I’m speaking, he was as high as a kite. And he yelled to his team, but it didn’t sound right. Whoa Shithead, whoa Asshole, whoa Stupid, whoa Putz, Either slow down this rig or I’ll cut off your nuts.

Look out for the lamp post, and don’t hit the tree, Quit shaking the sleigh, ’cause I gotta go pee. They cleared the old lamp post, the tree got a rub, Just as Santa leaned out and threw up on my shrub.

And then from the roof we heard such a clatter, As each little reindeer now emptied his bladder. I was donning my jacket to cover my ass, When down the chimney Santa came with a crash.

His suit was all smelly with perfume galore, He looked like a bum and he smelled like a whore. “That was some brothel,” he said with a smile, “The reindeer are pooped, and I’ll just stay here awhile.

He walked to the kitchen, himself poured a drink, Then whipped out his pecker and pissed in the sink. I started to laugh, my wife smiled with glee, The old boy was hung nearly down to his knee.

Back in the den, Santa reached in his sack, But his toys were all gone, and some new things were packed. The first thing he found was a pair of false tits, The next was a handgun with a penis that spits.

A box filled with condoms was Santa’s next find, And a six pair of panties, the edible kind. A bra without nipples, a penis extension, And several other things that I shouldn’t even mention.

A fuck ring, a G-string, and all types of oil, A dildo so long, it lay in a coil. “This suff ain’t for kids, Mrs. Santa will shit, So I’ll leave ‘em here, and then I’ll just split.”

He filled every stocking and then took his leave, With one tiny butt plug tucked under his sleeve. He sprang to his sleigh, but his feet were like lead, Thus he fell on his ass and broke wind instead.

In time he was seated, took the reins of his hitch, Saying, “Take me home Rudolph, this night’s been a bitch!” The sleigh was near gone when we heard Santa shout, “The best thing about sex is that it never wears out!!”

never let the holidays stress you out
    cut loose and have some fun

reply | quote

3. 3 | November 25, 2012 3:58 am

Wow -- slow weekend. Not just here, but everywhere I read.

Have to head back to work today. Bummer. OTOH, at least I have work to head back to, at least for right now.

Hung with the wife’s siblings and spouses for a bit yesterday -- we’re all a bunch of old farts, and all more or less nuts in our own individual ways. Probably not too many more future gatherings of all of us ahead, as the clock is ticking… The wife and I are the second-youngest pair amongst the 5 pairs.

4. ThreeHundred
    4 | November 25, 2012 3:58 am

A hopefull start. Guess NBC/GE/Syfy finally realized that wrestling on the SyFy channel wasn’t cutting it…

5. John Difool
    5 | November 25, 2012 6:40 am

One thing worth noting, Blood & Chrome is filmed almost entirely in green screen & not cheesy CGI.

More time consuming & expensive, but if done right the old blue/green screen using models is a lot better than computer animated graphics imo.

6. 6 | November 25, 2012 6:47 am

@ John Difool:

View cameras are better than those dratted 35s, too.

7. 7 | November 25, 2012 6:49 am

@ Mike C.:

Which raises the question -- why hasn’t anybody marketed a digital view camera? Or has it been done and I just missed it?

8. John Difool
    8 | November 25, 2012 6:56 am

Mike C. wrote:

@ John Difool:
    View cameras are better than those dratted 35s, too.

Now they only need to bring back matte paintings 7 then the transformation to the dark side will be complete.

9. 10 | November 25, 2012 7:14 am

@ John Difool:

Elvis paintings on black velvet (shudder!)

10. 11 | November 25, 2012 7:26 am

Mike C. wrote:

@ John Difool:

Elvis paintings on black velvet (shudder!)

Elvis, JFK, the BIg Bopper and Ricie Valens in one of those black velvet “diner” paintings. Artistic devolution ain’t pretty.

11. John Difool
    12 | November 25, 2012 7:26 am

Mike C. wrote:

@ John Difool:
    Elvis paintings on black velvet (shudder!)

Dogs playing poker

12. Guggi
    13 | November 25, 2012 7:31 am

14 | November 25, 2012 7:34 am

I had a “Spirits Of Rock” poster that I was fond of.

14. John Difool
    15 | November 25, 2012 7:37 am

Bumr50 wrote:

I had a “Spirits Of Rock” poster that I was fond of.

What? No Janice Joplin wolfing down a spectral double cheeseburger?

That poster is clearly misogynist.

15. citizen_q
    16 | November 25, 2012 7:52 am

@ Mike C.:
    I had thought I heard about a digital back for a 4 x 5 view many years ago when I was more into photography. I think it was economy car expensive, and so far out of my realm of affordability that I did not give it much thought other than wow.

16. 17 | November 25, 2012 8:10 am

@ citizen_q:

Yeah, just something that would slide into a standard 4X5 (5X7, whatever…) filmholder would be good. ‘Course, you’d be looking at a 4X5 CCD -- woof! But even the old, classic 4X5 Speed Graphic had at least limited lensboard swings and tilts.

Somebody else will have to explain what the discussion concerns to the, um, “children” on the board… Some of whom probably have only a vague memory of “film”, much less view cameras or things like Speed Graphics. Maybe Paladin Phil can handle that -- he knows.

17. 18 | November 25, 2012 8:13 am

@ Guggi:
    It really shouldn’t be unexpected, though. The costs of investing in the US market are going up at the first of the year, probably dramatically, and the economy is going back into a slump (not thatit ever recovered from the last one). As such, the US market doesn’t promise to be an inviting market to invest in for the next four years (at least). I am afraid that by the end of Obama’s second term, people will have gorwn satisfied with permanent recession and high unemployment. They already seem to have.

18. 19 | November 25, 2012 8:18 am

@ Mike C.:

Full Disclosure -- I still have two 2 1/4″ square TLRs and a 2 1/4″ slide projector. Still have my trusty Kodak Carosel 35 mm slide projector, too.

20 | November 25, 2012 8:18 am

“The New Normal.”

20. John Difool
    21 | November 25, 2012 8:18 am

Guarantee people basic comforts like EBT & a small flat to eat their microwave dinners & lay their heads down in & they will grow accustomed to, adapt just fine & learn to embrace their entropy. In fact, they’ll keep on voting for more of the same.

This is what has happened in Europe & what the Democrats are counting on here.

22 | November 25, 2012 8:19 am

@ Mike C.:

I’m gonna getcha with the Kodak Disc!

23 | November 25, 2012 8:21 am

@ Mike C.:

Seriously, though, I’m pretty sure I’m one of the youngest posters on here and I definitely remember trips to the Fotomat.

23. John Difool
    24 | November 25, 2012 8:23 am

Bumr50 wrote:

“The New Normal.”

Yes, and if it goes on long enough there won’t be many people around who remember what the “Old Normal” was & can regale the younger generations with tales of prosperity.

24. Guggi
    25 | November 25, 2012 8:26 am

That’s my fear too and they will long for even more social welfare entitlements.

25. 26 | November 25, 2012 8:27 am

@ John Difool:

Yeah, I agree. That is the intention, and they are accomplishing it before our very eyes. A majority of the people now aren’t ambitious. They want thier lives given to them on a plate, and as long as that meets certain minimal standards, they are content. Like sheep in a pen. It is most distressing.

26. John Difool
    27 | November 25, 2012 8:30 am

@ John Difool:

Throughout recorded human history, sadly, entropy seems to be the rule not the exception as is democracy.

As glorious as the Roman Empire was it’s fall lasted a whole lot longer than it’s zenith.

27. 28 | November 25, 2012 8:32 am

@ Guggi:

The thing is, we are borrowing $0.40 of every dollar we are spending right now. That simply can’t go on forever. We are borrowing the money (or printing it) that we are using to vcover the interest on the debt. By about 2025, entitlementsa and interest on the debt will be the entire Federal Budget, and that is at the expanded rtates that we’ve seen under Obama. That simply is not sustainable. We’ll collapse as Greece has collapsed, but there won’t be anyone to bail us out. I figure that that is inevitable now.

28. citizen_q
    29 | November 25, 2012 8:34 am

@ Mike C.:

Whe I was first interested in photography, my heroes were Ansel Adams, and Ed Weston.

Guess I have a retro mindset. I putter around with with woodworking and prefer to play with old style hand tools, hand-planes, chisels, saws, gouges for carving, etc…

Never owned a large or medium format camera though, but I could dream. Made do with a 35mm SLR, slow ASA film and a steady tripod.

29. John Difool
    30 | November 25, 2012 8:37 am

By 2025 the cost to run the fed will be at,near or over 100% of the GDP.

The collapse is imminent but the Democrats know the only reason they can exist is by guaranteeing & handing out more goodies. Which is why all talks of austerity & entitlement reform is a joke.

Guess when the folks are hitting the streets with torches & pitchforks in a few years they are counting on being able to blame Republicans & Wall Street again.

30. John Difool
    31 | November 25, 2012 8:38 am

citizen_q wrote:

@ Mike C.:

Charles Johnson is the Ansel Adams of the modern age or haven’t you heard?

31. citizen_q
    32 | November 25, 2012 8:56 am

Driving down to visit this the in-laws for the holiday. Stopping for gas at this little country place for gas we overheard a group of 3 young local discussing if they should buy a hunting license. Seems they just got back from hunting and got themselves their deer. Now they were debating weather they should get legal after fact. By the time my wife finished her bio-break. They decided to get “legal” and they bellied up to the counter and bought their hunting licenses.

33 | November 25, 2012 9:01 am

@ citizen_q:

At least they did the right thing, eventually.

33. citizen_q
    34 | November 25, 2012 9:04 am

@ John Difool:
    You will have to excuse me. The network here in my in-laws is marginal to the point of uselessness. I might have consider posting from my phone.

I have heard a lot about cj, but not that.

I used spent a lot of time at 1.0. Did not do a lot of posting, but he is water under the bridge for me.

34. 35 | November 25, 2012 9:11 am

@ citizen_q:

Medium and/or large format film was an absolute joy in the darkroom (assuming you had the equipment to handle it.) I worked in the VA Tech Media Services Center, and we had a Bessler 45 AFX and a Durst 5X7 enlarger (as well as a lot of other cool goodies.)

The head on the Durst swiveled and we actually made some prints (B&W) once that were about 3 X 6.5 feet by putting the paper on the wall and doing the developing on the floor with sponges (we had a floor drain.) Hell, we had a 20X24″ process camera, with the lens and target area in one room and the film end in the next room. Had a vacuum pump to suck the film flat against the film plate. The good old days…

35. 36 | November 25, 2012 9:13 am

@ Mike C.:

We also had 4X5 slide projectors, and some of the profs still used 4X5 slides.

36. 37 | November 25, 2012 10:54 pm

Mike C. wrote:

@ Mike C.:
    We also had 4X5 slide projectors, and some of the profs still used 4X5 slides.

My father (long departed) had 4x5 and 8x10 view cameras, 2 darkrooms, and a gigantic camera in the basement that he used for copying. He and my uncle used it to take photos for product catalog ads.