Pew Poll: 6 in 10 Young Americans Want More Government

by Kafir ( 157 Comments › )
Filed under Education, Elections 2016, Politics at November 27th, 2012 - 7:00 pm

We don’t have to become Democrats to beat the Democrats but we do have to modernize. The catchphrase “Winning the Future” left the Republicans thinking WTF? This is what they meant…

Pew Poll: 6 in 10 Young Americans Want More Government

If conservatives wish to have any success in winning elections in the future, they must start reaching out to young Americans–and they must start now.

A Pew Research study released today brought to light some scary figures about young people that conservatives must confront, especially since the youth vote was the deciding factor in key swing states. Here they are:

• 44 percent of young voters identify themselves with the Democratic Party, whereas only 26 percent identify with the Republican Party and 30 percent as Independent.

• 33 percent of young voters identify their political views as liberal, whereas only 26 percent identify their political views as conservative.

• 53 percent of young voters approve of President Obama’s healthcare law.

• Young voters under 30 represented 19 percent of the voter turnout population in 2012, compared to 18 percent in 2008–meaning it’s growing.

But the most troubling of the information released in this study is that nearly 6 in 10 of the voters under 30 support a more expansive role of government in solving problems. We can’t expect this mindset to change unless we start mirroring the left’s campaign efforts on college campuses.

they should be asking these questions: Want a brighter future? Do you want a job, or better yet–a career? Do you want a way to pay off those massive student loans? There is only one answer: fire the Democrats, hire us.

Conservatives can’t afford to ignore college campuses anymore and young people can’t afford being ignored. We must starting building conservative infrastructure on campuses now if we wish to see results in 2014 and 2016. If we don’t, it’s our own fault.

Since the classrooms have decided that they aren’t going to teach true history we need to take over those classrooms.

Comments

157 Responses to “Pew Poll: 6 in 10 Young Americans Want More Government”

1 | November 27, 2012 7:33 pm

Not surprised at all.

2. 2 | November 27, 2012 7:36 pm

The Republicans need to build infrastructure and get message discipline. It can be done, but they have to start doing it.

3. 3 | November 27, 2012 7:41 pm

@ Speranza:

By ceding younger voters the Republicans have allowed the Democrats to come in an propagandize them. Plus not organizing at the school board level has been a huge mistake by the GOP. The Democrats mobilize at all levels.

4 | November 27, 2012 7:44 pm

@ Speranza:

The Dems get younger voters by promising them a lot of things (most of which they fail to deliver).

5. 5 | November 27, 2012 7:46 pm

@ Speranza:

They have better message discipline.

6. brookly red
    6 | November 27, 2012 7:48 pm

@ Speranza:

well it is a hard situation, most young people are used to being taken care of by their parents and then raised up in nanny state schools. It is not until they have to support themselves that the get a chance to see what is really what.

7 | November 27, 2012 7:50 pm

It gets even more basic than falsifying history.

They teach the kids how to think one way, in lieu of all others, under the guise that it is somehow more “open-minded” to always think this way.

8. 8 | November 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Remember -- this ill-informed bunch for the most part has had no day-to-day dealings with government. Their sole experience dealing with the government last was when they got their driver’s license at the DMV at 21 (I speak re California, as we use a different license type for you when you reach 21 than 18); everyone expects the DMV folks to be annoying and incompetent; so they probably have not dealt with a government bureaucracy in the intervening years.

I wouldn’t be surprised to find out these numbers aren’t so different than if you’d taken this survey back when Speranza and I were 25 -- it was still a time when the hippie movement still had the “government can help you” mantra. Only Republicans are evil -- never forget.

Their attitude will change -- when their paychecks are carved out to pay for more government spending. When their parents advise them that the inheritance has been reduced due to the need to pay extra for services and benefits -- for food and medical care. Not to mention when the government comes for their 45% death tax.

I won’t be here to see it, but I imagine they’ll be talking about Reagan the way their grandparents talked about FDR and their parents talked about Clinton.

9 | November 27, 2012 7:55 pm

This democrat worship is pukee. The democrats are flat out failures

10. brookly red
    10 | November 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Their attitude will change — when their paychecks are carved out to pay for more government spending.

or when they have to move back in with mom and dad because they can’t get a paycheck…

11. brookly red
    11 | November 27, 2012 7:58 pm

brookly red wrote:

assuming mom and dad haven’t been foreclosed on yet…

12. unclassifiable
    12 | November 27, 2012 7:59 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Or when mom and dad have to move back in with them because the “senior security net” won’t be there.

13 | November 27, 2012 8:01 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

This democrat worship is pukee. The democrats are flat out failures

Which is why they have to rewrite history.

14 | November 27, 2012 8:01 pm

Deck chairs on the Titanic.

Nothing will change as long as elections can be easily stolen by the D’Rats.

Vote fraud is the iceberg that will keep sinking us.

15. Lily
    15 | November 27, 2012 8:02 pm

@ Speranza:

That is not the only reason that the younger voter votes democrat. I believe it’s a mis-mash of reasons.

16. brookly red
    16 | November 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Lily wrote:

Lily wrote:

@ Speranza:

younger voters vote dem because they are younger… hell I voted dem when I was younger… peer pressure is a bitch. but voting dem is like getting a tattoo.

17. Lily
    17 | November 27, 2012 8:08 pm

This here is the main reason so many of the under 30 crowd voted for obama. They have no idea what they have done. Free health-care sounds oh so great! Especially if you can’t find a job. They will find out rather quickly this isn’t FREE.

• 53 percent of young voters approve of President Obama’s healthcare law.

18 | November 27, 2012 8:08 pm

@ brookly red:

I didn’t. But then, I’ve been in the military since 6 weeks after I graduated from high school.

19. Mars
    19 | November 27, 2012 8:11 pm

I never went dem. Even though I had an intense hate of the government during the Reagan era, I had enough of a conservative core to see the dems as evil. I pretty much just summed up all politicians as scum and left it at that. However, once I was in the service, my first vote went to Bush. Or more accurately it went against Clinton.

20. Lily
    20 | November 27, 2012 8:11 pm

@ brookly red:

I don’t know…for some people sure that is the reason. But not when I was young … I didn’t view Republican’s as evil or that the Democrats were all that great either and yes I voted democat when I was young at times. Wasn’t *peer pressure* for me. In the South back in the day it was mostly Democatic. Now days it is the very reverse.

21 | November 27, 2012 8:13 pm

Lily wrote:

• 53 percent of young voters approve of President Obama’s healthcare law.

For two reasons:
    1) They haven’t experienced it yet, and
    2) By “permitting young people to stay on their parents’ insurance until they are 26,” Obama is gambling that most of them won’t have to experience the reality not only through the midterm elections, but through the next Presidential election—thereby keeping the youth demographic on the basis of an unfulfilled promise.

22. Lily
    22 | November 27, 2012 8:13 pm

Mars wrote:

Well I can agree during the Reagan years it was tough here in the South. I didn’t hate Reagan..but I didn’t *glorify* him either. The 80′s were some really tough years in the South. Finding a job was not easy.

23. 23 | November 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Something you and I discussed. Where Conservatives should have focused was on schools board elections. The Democrats organize for every level of government.

24. Lily
    24 | November 27, 2012 8:17 pm

Lily wrote:

• 53 percent of young voters approve of President Obama’s healthcare law.

For two reasons:
    1) They haven’t experienced it yet, and

Indeed and those who don’t have health insurance at this age because they can’t find a good job is another reason they *think* obamacare is good for this country ..and it isn’t only the yoots that think this a lot of older folk think obamacare is just the bees-knees. They have no idea what they have voted for at all.

25. 25 | November 27, 2012 8:18 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Reagan connected with young voters. What is needed is infrastructure a message. The Republicans should say they are fighting to liberate the youth from the Democrat controlled system. That is a way to attack the Left.

Another is school board elections, the Right has dropped the ball on this.

26. 26 | November 27, 2012 8:20 pm

@ Lily:

The economy was booming in NY during the 80′s Reagan carried the state in 80 and 84. The 80′s were an economic golden age for many in NY. The 90′s boom was continuation of the 80′s.

27. Mars
    27 | November 27, 2012 8:21 pm

@ Lily:
    My reasons were much more personal.

28 | November 27, 2012 8:21 pm

@ Lily:

Aren’t most of the former Democrat politicians from Louisiana in prison? :)

29. 29 | November 27, 2012 8:21 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Deck chairs on the Titanic.
    Nothing will change as long as elections can be easily stolen by the D’Rats.
    Vote fraud is the iceberg that will keep sinking us.

HELL YEAH.

30. 30 | November 27, 2012 8:22 pm

@ Lily:
    Aren’t most of the former Democrat politicians from Louisiana in prison?

So are the ones from Illinois.

31. 31 | November 27, 2012 8:22 pm

@ Mars:

I always hated the Dems. Ironically I only started voting Republican at the Presidential level in 04 and it was more of a vote against Kerry. I always voted Republican locally. I voted for Perot in 96 and Libertarian in 2000.

32. Lily
    32 | November 27, 2012 8:26 pm

@ Lily:

There was no boom in the south I can tell you that. Do I blame Reagan…no….but there were plenty of tough times down here for a lot of people ..took my parents house over 4 years to sell and it was a nice house. You may have experienced economic boom ….I and a lot of other people didn’t.

33. Lily
    33 | November 27, 2012 8:28 pm

@ Lily:

Aren’t most of the former Democrat politicians from Louisiana in prison?

LOL! You are talking about Edwards and why yes he has been in prison…but he got out maybe a year or more ago. Finally did his time. As for the other governors…no Edwards was the only one that went to jail. ;)

34. 34 | November 27, 2012 8:28 pm

@ Lily:

You may have experienced economic boom

My parents, not I! :-) But I got good stuff!

35. Lily
    35 | November 27, 2012 8:32 pm

@ Lily:

You may have experienced economic boom

My parents, not I! But I got good stuff!

Glad to hear your parents did well. Here under Reagan the south didn’t do well at all. I was in my 20′s during the Reagan years and was raising two young children. So I didn’t get to experience it at all. The oil bust didn’t help either.

36. brookly red
    36 | November 27, 2012 8:33 pm

I graduated in 80 and freelanced for over 10 years before taking a job. My first freelance gig in 80 paid $20/hr. My rent was $160. Yeah those were good times, easy to be a liberal in good times.

37 | November 27, 2012 8:34 pm

@ Lily:

I’ve never experienced any of these supposed “booms.”

38. brookly red
    38 | November 27, 2012 8:36 pm

@ Lily:

I’ve never experienced any of these supposed “booms.”

well in the military you get other kinds of booms, no?

thank you for your service.

39 | November 27, 2012 8:40 pm

Do we really need military bases in Europe anymore? Do we care if modern Russia takes over France?

40. BBEV
    40 | November 27, 2012 8:40 pm

41 | November 27, 2012 8:40 pm

darkwords wrote:

That’s not why they’re there.

42 | November 27, 2012 8:42 pm

@ Lily:
    GoP Economic boom — the sound of everyone becoming better off
    Dem Eco Boom — the super sonic sound of money being vacuumed out of your wallet for no shovel ready purpose.

43. brookly red
    43 | November 27, 2012 8:42 pm

darkwords wrote:

the way things are going it would be an improvement

44. 44 | November 27, 2012 8:46 pm

@ brookly red:

Yeah, it would.

45 | November 27, 2012 8:46 pm

Eat Cheeseburgers, throw litter on the street, smoke while wearing cool made in usa clothes, listen to rap, smirk at metrosexuals, let someone go ahead of you in a line.

46. brookly red
    46 | November 27, 2012 8:48 pm

darkwords wrote:

That’s not why they’re there.

47 | November 27, 2012 8:48 pm

@ 3 odan: I’m on a few mailing lists for local schools and government. They are chock full of lefties in lockstep with human rights and political correctness. It would benefit society to declare that a political tilt and to require equal representation.

48 | November 27, 2012 8:49 pm

@ brookly red:

well in the military you get other kinds of booms, no?

thank you for your service.

And now I get no medical care for them.

Although I’d rather have a job…

49 | November 27, 2012 8:50 pm

@ 41 lobo91: Germans!!!!

50. 50 | November 27, 2012 8:50 pm

@ darkwords:

Conservatives need to target school systems.

51 | November 27, 2012 8:51 pm

@ brookly red:

The relatively few bases we still have in Europe are there primarily to serve as staging areas.

There’s a reason AFRICOM isn’t in Africa…

52 | November 27, 2012 8:52 pm

@ darkwords:

Conservatives need to target school systems.

Remember…we can’t say “target” anymore…

53. brookly red
    53 | November 27, 2012 8:52 pm

@ brookly red:

well in the military you get other kinds of booms, no?

thank you for your service.

And now I get no medical care for them.

I still can not see how 0 was reelected with 23 MILLION out of work…
    Although I’d rather have a job…

still can not see how 0 was reelected with 23 MILLION out of work…

54 | November 27, 2012 8:54 pm

Now here’s something I can agree with O’Reilly about: The popularity of this “Psy” person and his inane video makes no sense.

55 | November 27, 2012 8:55 pm

@ lobo91: I’d stage out of Poland and England then.

56. brookly red
    56 | November 27, 2012 8:55 pm

There’s a reason AFRICOM isn’t in Africa…

shit there is a reason the UN isn’t in Africa… but seriously how long would it take a B2 to get from Italy to Iran?

57 | November 27, 2012 8:56 pm

Disruptive laser like focus then. :-)

58 | November 27, 2012 8:57 pm

@ brookly red:

B-2s don’t forward stage. They tried that once. It went badly:

59 | November 27, 2012 8:58 pm

@ 56 brookly red: Maybe be bold and turn Gaza into one big landing strip.

60 | November 27, 2012 8:58 pm

darkwords wrote:

@ 56 brookly red: Maybe be bold and turn Gaza into one big landing strip.

Now you’re thinking…

61 | November 27, 2012 8:59 pm

brookly red wrote:

still can not see how 0 was reelected with 23 MILLION out of work…

Hey, we got Obamaphone™! Keep Obama in Prezdent!

62 | November 27, 2012 8:59 pm

@ darkwords:

Conservatives need to target school systems.

Remember…we can’t say “target” anymore…

The Dayton Hudson Corporation is going to be really pissed when they hear that… ////

63 | November 27, 2012 9:01 pm

@ brookly red:

well in the military you get other kinds of booms, no?

thank you for your service.

And now I get no medical care for them.

I still can not see how 0 was reelected with 23 MILLION out of work…
    Although I’d rather have a job…

still can not see how 0 was reelected with 23 MILLION out of work…

He wasn’t reelected.

64 | November 27, 2012 9:01 pm

@ 50 Rodan: one would think textbooks would all be online these days and customizable by the school system, parents, and teachers.

65. unclassifiable
    65 | November 27, 2012 9:02 pm

There is only one thing from the 60′s I think the GOP can use:

QUESTION AUTHORITY!

The statist are the authorities right now in this country and I think it is time to inundate them with lot’s of pointed questions that will be developing as soon as they fashion some cockamamie scheme to pay for all of the goodies.

66 | November 27, 2012 9:03 pm

darkwords wrote:

You just pointed out why they’re not.

They don’t even want parents to see their kids’ textbooks in many cases.

67 | November 27, 2012 9:04 pm

darkwords wrote:

Textbooks are one of the biggest scams around now days.

68 | November 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Comments at PJM welcomed:

While John Boehner Gently Weeps.

69 | November 27, 2012 9:06 pm

@ 67 Da_Beerfreak: We’re not allowed to get rid of junk mail here because the postal service needs to be able to deliver some content to a box regularly. Pols are scared of what would happen if people were allowed to opt out.

70. brookly red
    70 | November 27, 2012 9:06 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

There is only one thing from the 60′s I think the GOP can use:

QUESTION AUTHORITY!

funny it may be war for oil after all :)

71. livefreeor die
    71 | November 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Our school board has a Republican majority but that has little impact because the teachers’ union calls most of the shots. They decide which textbooks and math programs to use. They decide who gets tenure. We put in a good superintendent awhile ago who went toe to toe with the teachers’ union and ended up being basically fired because of the teachers’ tantrums, which the liberal parents picked up and magnified. I agree we should get our majorities on the school boards but we’ll need to do take back our schools through other avenues as well. The biggest thing we need is to have governors and state legislatures that can break the teachers’ unions.

72 | November 27, 2012 9:12 pm

livefreeor die wrote:

I don’t know where you are, but did anyone on the board try consulting counsel to see if some of the things the teachers’ union had control of were things that they should not legally have control of? Things become a matter of custom sometimes but are not actually legally sanctioned. The school board should be able to act like the employer it is, and tell its employees what to do and not do.

73. unclassifiable
    73 | November 27, 2012 9:12 pm

@ brookly red:

War, the ultimate non sequitur.

74. Mars
    74 | November 27, 2012 9:13 pm

livefreeor die wrote:

We had a superintendent that started cost cutting measures here. The head of the board agreed with him. The rest of the board with the help of the unions destroyed them both and put them out.

75. livefreeor die
    75 | November 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Mars wrote:

livefreeor die wrote:

Yup. And the parents’ won’t back the board up when they try to make changes because the teachers’ union will target your kids if they’re pissed at you. When I reported a guidance counselor to the superintendant for not following the law on my son’s education, the teachers subsequently all went after him. They know how to do it subtly so you can’t sue them. My kids are all in private school now.

76. livefreeor die
    76 | November 27, 2012 9:22 pm

And our teachers’ union seems to have killed the thread.

77. 77 | November 27, 2012 9:23 pm

@ unclassifiable:

Yup!

78. 78 | November 27, 2012 9:27 pm

Ya know, back in the 60s/70s everyone competed to “relate” to young people and win their vote, even to the point that Nixon was on “Laugh-In”. It didn’t turn out that well and we’re still dealing with the aftermath.

Just sayin’.

79 | November 27, 2012 9:33 pm

I just saw the Gangnam Style video -- actually thought it was funny. I wonder if the DPRK has seen it! lol

80. brookly red
    80 | November 27, 2012 9:33 pm

livefreeor die wrote:

And our teachers’ union seems to have killed the thread.

the thread? they damn near killed the country.

81 | November 27, 2012 9:34 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Just sayin’.

We are not expecting to win a majority of the youth vote, just to increase our numbers (incrementalism).

82. brookly red
    82 | November 27, 2012 9:34 pm

Speranza wrote:

I just saw the Gangnam Style video — actually thought it was funny. I wonder if the DPRK has seen it! lol

it requires electricity…

83. unclassifiable
    83 | November 27, 2012 9:36 pm

@ MacDuff:

True.

BTW: Currently reading Amity Shlaes’ “The Forgotten Man”. Parallels between FDR and Obama are striking.

84 | November 27, 2012 9:36 pm

Sandra Fluke is in contention for Time Magazine’s Woman of the Year. Maybe we are living in the end of days.

85 | November 27, 2012 9:37 pm

@ brookly red:

And the internet…a computer…

86 | November 27, 2012 9:37 pm

it requires electricity…

…… and to weigh more then 100 lbs.

87. unclassifiable
    87 | November 27, 2012 9:37 pm

@ Speranza:

Reminds me of something I heard, “Incrementalism is how people will be convinced to eat their own shit.”

88 | November 27, 2012 9:38 pm

Speranza wrote:

She’s one of 38 candidates. They haven’t made a choice yet.

89. brookly red
    89 | November 27, 2012 9:38 pm

Hey! the voice in my head just said “Give in to higher taxes they are going to do it anyway… but insist on voter ID as part of the deal. They are so greedy they will go for it…”

90. brookly red
    90 | November 27, 2012 9:39 pm

Speranza wrote:

Sandra Fluke is Time Magazine’s Woman of the Year. Maybe we are living in the end of days.

She’s one of 38 candidates. They haven’t made a choice yet.

well Time is :)

91 | November 27, 2012 9:39 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

@ Speranza:

Put it between two slices of sourdough bread with some relish on it and it won’t taste half bad.

92 | November 27, 2012 9:40 pm

Speranza wrote:

She’s one of 38 candidates. They haven’t made a choice yet.

Then I misheard Hannity.

93 | November 27, 2012 9:41 pm

Sandra Fluke in contention for Time Magazine’s Person of the Year
    I stand corrected. How much do you want to bet she wins?

94. brookly red
    94 | November 27, 2012 9:41 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

@ Speranza:

shit + mayo = shit salad.

95 | November 27, 2012 9:42 pm

Speranza wrote:

How about some Wookiebread™, the healthy bread that will replace Wonder Bread once Obama nationalizes the Hostess factories to save union jobs?

96 | November 27, 2012 9:43 pm

She’s one of 38 candidates. They haven’t made a choice yet.

Fixed it. Thanks.

97. brookly red
    97 | November 27, 2012 9:43 pm

/let them eat cake

98. unclassifiable
    98 | November 27, 2012 9:44 pm

@ brookly red:

Shit smells like cheese.

C’mon you know it’s not that bad.

99 | November 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Raaaaacist!
    Killgore Trout

100 | November 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Sandra Fluke in contention for Time Magazine’s Person of the Year
    I stand corrected. How much do you want to bet she wins?

I would have to care about Time Magazine first.

101 | November 27, 2012 9:45 pm

How soon before Time Magazine disappears and goes digital just like Newsweek?

102 | November 27, 2012 9:45 pm

Speranza wrote:

How soon before Time Magazine disappears and goes digital just like Newsweek?

It’s just a matter of Time.

103 | November 27, 2012 9:46 pm

/let them eat cake

With the obesity problem we have in this country? No Twinkies or cup cakes for you!

104. brookly red
    104 | November 27, 2012 9:49 pm

/let them eat cake

I don’t watch TV or eat meat… do you I would want a twinkie?

105 | November 27, 2012 9:51 pm

brookly red wrote:

I don’t watch TV or eat meat… do you I would want a twinkie?

If you don’t want one, you will be compelled to eat one, like the kids who have their lunches brought from home confiscated and are forced to eat the Michelle-approved federal fare.

I forget who it was who said that liberals don’t care what you do, as long as it’s compulsory.

106. unclassifiable
    106 | November 27, 2012 9:53 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

I hope HTML 6 will have the feature of just destroying itself if the web content is too vapid.

/maybe I need to get on the development committee

107. 107 | November 27, 2012 9:55 pm

She probably will win!

108. brookly red
    108 | November 27, 2012 9:55 pm

brookly red wrote:

I don’t watch TV or eat meat… do you I would want a twinkie?

speaking of Moochelle, she has not said much lately…

109. 109 | November 27, 2012 9:56 pm

I like the beat.

110 | November 27, 2012 9:58 pm

I like the beat.

It’s ok., certainly not deserving of an O’Reilly seven minute segment. Hasn’t he found any “War on Christmas” stuff to get outraged over?

111 | November 27, 2012 9:58 pm

brookly red wrote:

speaking of Moochelle, she has not said much lately…

Probably stuffing her face with pastries for Christmas.

112 | November 27, 2012 9:59 pm

She probably will win!

The perfect representative for this annus horriblis.

113 | November 27, 2012 10:00 pm

brookly red wrote:

speaking of Moochelle, she has not said much lately…

Hard to talk with your mouth full.

And, she’s got at least twenty or thirty vacations to plan, with wardrobes to choose. Life’s a whirligig.

114 | November 27, 2012 10:00 pm

Geez, John McCain to be a guest on Greta! Wow that’s a shocker.

115 | November 27, 2012 10:01 pm

@ Speranza:

Hasn’t he found any “War on Christmas” stuff to get outraged over?

That was earlier in the show. Two segments, in fact.

116 | November 27, 2012 10:03 pm

@ Speranza:
    Hasn’t he found any “War on Christmas” stuff to get outraged over?

That was earlier in the show. Two segments, in fact.

He could just rerun the same shit from three years ago and nobody would catch it.

117 | November 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Speranza wrote:

That light at the end of the tunnel are the flames of Hell. :evil:

118 | November 27, 2012 10:08 pm

Sandra Fluke’s win of Time’s Woman of the Year will serve as the foundation for her 2014 Senate run.

119. unclassifiable
    119 | November 27, 2012 10:09 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

Easy there.

Fluke may be the new Secretary of State.

I mean she already is a mega tool for Obama and doesn’t have those 5 Sunday show boondoggles to contend with.

120. rain of lead
    120 | November 27, 2012 10:11 pm

bwahahahahahaha
    not piss christ, piss obama…

Glenn Beck is putting a bobblehead doll of President Obama into a container of what appeared to be urine.

“I like to call this ‘Flobama,’” Beck said with a faux French accent,
    He titled his artwork, “Obama in Pee Pee” and put a price tag of $25,000 on it.

121 | November 27, 2012 10:11 pm

/let them eat cake

I don’t watch TV or eat meat… do you I would want a twinkie?

You haven’t lived if you haven’t had a deep-fried Twinkie on a stick. :mrgreen:

122 | November 27, 2012 10:12 pm

@ rain of lead:

Good thing he has a security detail…

123. 123 | November 27, 2012 10:12 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Warhol’s “5 minutes of fame” clock needs an overhaul.

124. 124 | November 27, 2012 10:12 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

I wish you were joking, but I think you are right.

125. unclassifiable
    125 | November 27, 2012 10:13 pm

@ Speranza:

Hey Ms. Obama! Speranza, brookly red, and me have this new idea for a totally organic sandwich made from %100 recycled material.

Try it:)

126 | November 27, 2012 10:14 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Warhol’s “5 minutes of fame” clock needs an overhaul.

The actual quote was “fifteen minutes,” but Sandra’s still long overstayed her time.

Of course, since she’s basically been whoring for Mack Daddy Barack, once she wins her Senate run she will turn The World’s Greatest Deliberative Body into the Mack Senate.

127. unclassifiable
    127 | November 27, 2012 10:15 pm

@ rain of lead:

That was done for maximum liberal cognitive dissonance.

My guess is that Glen will be dealing with some special folks from Treasury pretty soon.

128. 128 | November 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

You haven’t lived if you haven’t had a deep-fried Twinkie on a stick.

I have (at a State Fair) and it epitomizes everything that’s good about what’s bad for you. It’s friggin delicious!

129. brookly red
    129 | November 27, 2012 10:18 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    @ MacDuff:

excellent… my client is a blood thinning medication. Please have another. :)

130. rain of lead
    130 | November 27, 2012 10:31 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

@ rain of lead:

That was done for maximum liberal cognitive dissonance.

*snort*
    he probably has his own personal agent

131. livefreeor die
    131 | November 27, 2012 10:37 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Da_Beerfreak wrote:
    You haven’t lived if you haven’t had a deep-fried Twinkie on a stick.

Call me when they add bacon to it.

132. livefreeor die
    132 | November 27, 2012 10:39 pm

@ rain of lead:
    I love it.
    Trump should buy it and donate it to the museum that showed the crucifix in urine. Then Beck can pester them about why they’re not displaying it.

133. Canoe Convoy
    133 | November 27, 2012 10:42 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

According to the jury, Fluke remains as homely as ever.

134 | November 27, 2012 10:42 pm

I still want to see some artist paint Obama as Mohammed.

Now that would be “edgy.”

135. livefreeor die
    135 | November 27, 2012 10:44 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

I still want to see some artist paint Obama as Mohammed.
    Now that would be “edgy.”

Hmmm…A “Draw Obama as Mohammed” Day?

136. Canoe Convoy
    136 | November 27, 2012 10:45 pm

@ Bumr50:
    Thing is, the PC garbage was in it’s infancy when I was going through University the first time around. Nowadays, PC is firmly entrenched in Universities. Just try criticizing feminists at a university these days, for example, and see what is the outcome.

137 | November 27, 2012 10:46 pm

Canoe Convoy wrote:

Zombie would be able to photograph you as Deleted Scrotum Man.

138. rain of lead
    138 | November 27, 2012 10:47 pm

*blink**blink*

well, I think I now know what ferb does when he’s not here

If you ever wondered what lies at the bottom of the slippery slope, go to Germany. There, you will find Europe’s modern moral and cultural bankruptcy on open display. There, you can visit one of many “erotic zoos” and partake in sex with animals for a price.

In a German “erotic zoo,” customers pay to have sex with farm animals. A barnyard pimp collects money from the customers. These businesses are proliferating throughout Germany and Denmark, and are completely legal.

The Telegraph gives us some background to the law’s “enlightened” legalization of bestiality:

Bestiality was legalised in Germany in 1969, the same year that gay sex was also removed from the criminal code. After that, sex with animals was only punishable if the animal was severely injured.

I would say go read it all but…no
    not this time

139 | November 27, 2012 10:47 pm

livefreeor die wrote:

Hmmm…A “Draw Obama as Mohammed” Day?

It’s a question of which group would descend upon you and tear you limb from limb first—the Obamanoids or the Muslims.

140. livefreeor die
    140 | November 27, 2012 10:49 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    But…but…both groups are all about peace, man!

141 | November 27, 2012 10:50 pm

Canoe Convoy wrote:

Zombie would be able to photograph you as Deleted Scrotum Man.

Time to repeal Amendment XIX… :twisted:

142 | November 27, 2012 10:50 pm

@ rain of lead:

Sounds like a Heavy Petting Zoo…

143. Canoe Convoy
    143 | November 27, 2012 10:50 pm

@ Mars:
    I think one lesson here is that conservatives must work at the State and Local levels as well as the national scene. PC is a rot that is destroying Western Civ from within. We have to fight a multi-front war, in several different theaters, from the culture, to the School Boards, to Political Office.

144. Canoe Convoy
    144 | November 27, 2012 10:52 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    @ Da_Beerfreak:
    Rimshot!

145 | November 27, 2012 10:57 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Time to repeal Amendment XIX…

If you haven’t read this Saki story, you should. Only a couple of pages: Hermann the Irascible; A Story of the Great Weep.

A view of “Votes for Women” from just before WWI.

146 | November 27, 2012 10:59 pm

@ rain of lead:

I would say go read it all but…no
    not this time

Leia says that when she becomes president, she’s going to cut off diplomatic relations with them…

147 | November 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Time to repeal Amendment XIX…

A view of “Votes for Women” from just before WWI.

The great weep forward… :grin:

148 | November 27, 2012 11:28 pm

@ rain of lead:

I would say go read it all but…no
    not this time

It’s a damn shame they surrendered just before we had “The Bomb” ready to go… :evil:

150 | November 27, 2012 11:33 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

It’s a damn shame they surrendered just before we had “The Bomb” ready to go…

My father, who worked on the bomb, was often asked by peace and love types if he had “any regrets” about doing so. “Yes,” he would reply, “I regret we did not get it done in time to drop it on Germany.” That shut ‘em up fast.

151 | November 27, 2012 11:41 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    I’ve bookmarked both. Thanks. :grin:

On the second one I couldn’t get their very funky PDF reader to work properly past the first page. :sad:

152 | November 27, 2012 11:42 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Google it; it’s up at a number of places—though, curiously, not at the otherwise-comprehensive site I linked to for the first story.

153 | November 27, 2012 11:47 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

It’s a damn shame they surrendered just before we had “The Bomb” ready to go…

Many years ago a grade school friend’s father was one of the young Marines training for the invasion of Japanese main island. The Bomb made him very happy when they used it instead of an invasion.

154 | November 27, 2012 11:47 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Will do.

154. 155 | November 27, 2012 11:52 pm

I’m debating running in our next local elections here. I’m not sure if I want to run for city council or school board. Drawback to the school board for me, as far as voter appeal, is that I stopped attending pubic school in 4th grade, and don’t have any kids.

156 | November 27, 2012 11:59 pm

mfhorn wrote:

There are several ways to spin that. First, if you have particular qualifications—math and/or bookkeeping expertise, for instance, since school boards have to deal with budgets—you run on those qualifications.

That you didn’t go to public school is beside the point—if you went to school, as I assume you did, then you have had experience with pedagogy and can bring that experience to the board.

Also, since in most places school budgets are based on property taxes, and there are always a lot of people who either don’t have kids or whose kids have left the nest, they too have an interest in the way the board is run—because if the board wastes money, or simply wants a bond issue, their property taxes go up. The childless and empty-nesters need representation on the school board, too. Plus, since you don’t have a child in the system, you don’t have a child who can be held hostage by a teacher’s union hostile to any initiative you want to introduce.

So it can be done.

156. 157 | November 28, 2012 11:41 am

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Canoe Convoy wrote:
    Zombie would be able to photograph you as Deleted Scrotum Man.

Time to repeal Amendment XIX…

LOL…