Yes, Mitt Romney Was The Problem

by Flyovercountry ( 16 Comments › )
Filed under Headlines at November 28th, 2012 - 4:59 pm

Yes, Romney was the problem.

Comments

16 Responses to “Yes, Mitt Romney Was The Problem”

1. Tanker
    1 | November 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Yes in many ways Romney was the problem. I became convinced that all would be ok with him in office as time past. Reading that article/comments, I see many others had the same problem with his as I did. Unlike many on the right, I swallowed my misgivings and voted for him because he was much better than what we had or what we would get from Obama have another go at finishing his mission.

He fought in ways that made us believe he would be all in, but in the end failed to go for the throat when presented the chance.

I still believe he would have been better as President, but I would’ve continued to worry what his next move would be as his term went along.

2. 2 | November 28, 2012 6:45 pm

I wonder what the response would have been had Romney announced that he’d only run for one term, and would step aside in 4 years to let Ryan run.

3. Lily
    3 | November 28, 2012 7:26 pm

How about voter apathy was the problem. Hmmm? Seems like it really boils down to that. So a bunch a people didn’t vote for Romney to teach the GOP a lesson. Way to go!!!

4. 4 | November 28, 2012 7:35 pm

@ Lily:

I voted for Romney, donated cash to his campaign, and volunteered my time and talent. The problem was not voter apathy, it was the fact that he never defended conservatism as a message, never made the attempt to draw that distinction, at least not in a way that mattered, and flew to the territory of moderation once he thought he had a chance. After the first debate, he made the conscious effort to become Mitt from Dem Lite.

That was the point of the article, and those who picked him as the only one who had a chance of winning should never, ever, be listened to again, and that goes double for Ann Coulter.

5. 5 | November 28, 2012 7:52 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

I think the GOP was the problem. Romney ran with dysfunctional party.

6. 6 | November 28, 2012 7:53 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

Ann Coulter should not be taken serious.

7. Lily
    7 | November 28, 2012 7:55 pm

Flyovercountry wrote:

@ Lily:

And even though he did that …what is going on? Romney ran the most worst negative campaign evah. Look the media was in the tank with obama and they controlled the message. No matter what Romney did he would have been seen as the radical!!!! But wait a minute obama was the centrist…how in the hell do you deal with that???

8. Lily
    8 | November 28, 2012 7:55 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

Ann Coulter should not be taken serious.

No kidding.

9. 9 | November 28, 2012 7:58 pm

@ Lily:

Every time I see her on TV, I think “God, she’s Coyote Fugly!”

10. Lily
    10 | November 28, 2012 7:59 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

Romney grew on me he actually ran on the message everyone wanted him to run on “It’s the economy stupid!” Guess what it didn’t work. Look at the voters and the media for the problem.
    And yes there was low voter turn out on the Republican and Democratic side. Both were lower than in 2008…but really there should have been a huge voter turn out for Republicans in this election they didn’t show up.

11. Lily
    11 | November 28, 2012 8:03 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

I wasn’t talking about you as a voter who did do something I’m talking about all those voters who didn’t go and vote..what is their excuse Romney wasn’t _____________ fill in the blank enough for them? Compared to obama???? Really? What about the Catholic’s who voted for obama when it was very clear obama is attacking the Church…and I’m a Catholic. What was their excuse? They have none in my opinion. They were told this man is a LIAR DO NOT BELIEVE HIM….yet they either chose not to vote or vote for him over the Church unbelievable in my opinion. Just unbelievable.

12. Lily
    12 | November 28, 2012 8:05 pm

@ Macker:

She is overly thin. I have seen much uglier though. ;)
    /Ann is all about Ann making a buck.

13. 13 | November 28, 2012 8:38 pm

@ Lily:

yes, but here’s the deal, nobody else but Mitt Romney was running for President. At the end of the day, he was the man in charge, and he was the guy calling the shots. Would we all have liked to see him win this thing, absolutely. In the blame game, as anywhere else in life, answers should first be sought in the mirror. I would be willing to bet my eye teeth that Mitt Romney himself said that at least a hundred times to his employees during his wildly successful business career. There were a lot of us who said to run on big ideas, direction for America, Conservatism itself, just like Reagan did, and not to run on it’s the economy stupid, as it were. Romney did not listen to us, and he ended up running from that position in the end, partly because he did not believe in that message himself.

I was not a Romney guy, until the day he secured the nomination, and then I became his most ardent supporter. To this day, I believe he would have made a great President, most especially when compared to the clown we ended up hiring, but that changes nothing. This election was eminently winnable, and what’s more, we should have made gains in the Senate and House as well.

The enduring hall mark of the Republican Party is its ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Both painful and grotesque to watch. Laughable when those who are most responsible point fingers at everyone else. The moderate establishment rammed Romney down our throats, and they were the first to call his campaign dead prior to the first debate. It was, as usual, the Conservatives who held firm and continued fighting for him. Then, after it looked like he may actually win, and a lot of us believed, those same moderates started telling the Conservatives that we had nothing to do with his success, that the Tea Party was in the way, and that we should all just stop talking. After the election, those very same gurus were the first to point fingers, and guess who they blamed.

What’s truly odd was the fact that during the GOP primary debates, each of the 8 candidates claimed to be the heir apparent to Ronald Reagan, and further claimed to be somewhere to the right of Barry Goldwater, and then after the General Election, flat out declared the very same Conservative movement that they assured us they were a part of to be the problem with the Republican Party.

Say what you want about the Democrats, but they at least have the good sense to avoid placing themselves at odds with their voting base.

14. Lily
    14 | November 28, 2012 8:46 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

Can’t argue with that on the Democratic voting base. They are rabid in their support.

15. Tanker
    15 | November 28, 2012 10:22 pm

@ Flyovercountry:
    Damn well said. Wish I could get my thoughts out so well!

16 | November 28, 2012 11:09 pm

@ Flyovercountry:
    I think the GOP was the problem. Romney ran with dysfunctional party.

True. Would Bachmann,Cain, Palin, Gingrich, or Santorum done any better? The answer is hell no!