More Flexibility After the Election… Disarming America

by huckfunn ( 19 Comments › )
Filed under Barack Obama, Communism, Cult of Obama, Democratic Party, Elections 2012, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, Military, Nuclear Weapons, Progressives, Russia, Socialism, Special Report at December 1st, 2012 - 10:40 am

Mr Obama says: “On all these issues, but particularly missile defence, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.”

Mr Medvedev replies: “Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you …”

Mr Obama retorts: “This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.”

Obama made that open mike revelation to  Russian President Dmitry Medvedev during a global nuclear security summit in South Korea in March of this year. Now that he has secured his reelection, it looks like Obama will follow up on his promise of “more flexibility” to Medvedev by unilaterally cutting our nuclear arsenal without the benefit of a treaty ratified by the Senate.

A State Department board of experts is calling for steep cuts in U.S. nuclear forces beyond the New START treaty limits and recommends unilateral or informal reductions to avoid expected Senate ratification battles.

“Treaties are an important but not always necessary method for reducing nuclear arsenals,” the new report by the International Security Advisory Board says. “The United States has reduced its nuclear arsenal without negotiating a new treaty in the past—both unilaterally and reciprocally with Russia.”

A similar cut in nuclear forces could be considered again “as the United States reduces the role and number of nuclear weapons in its national security strategy,” the report says.

Disclosure of the State Department report comes as President Barack Obama, who has advocated eliminating all U.S. nuclear weapons, is close to approving a formal strategy that calls for deep cuts in nuclear forces beyond the 1,550 warheads mandated under the 2010 New START accord.

Read the entire article here.  HT- Washington Free Beacon

Comments

19 Responses to “More Flexibility After the Election… Disarming America”

1. 1 | December 1, 2012 10:53 am

Obama’s goal is a neutered America. He wants to destroy us as a military and economic power, and he is probably going to succeed at it.

2 | December 1, 2012 10:55 am

He’s already accomplished most of that. As he said “we still have more work to do”.

3. unclassifiable
    3 | December 1, 2012 11:37 am

@ huckfunn:

Our future as a UN “protectorate” I think is the long-term goal.

You know we have to be punished for our past “crimes”.

4. Prebanned
    4 | December 1, 2012 11:41 am

@ huckfunn:
    I hope Obama dies a bitter old man having caused the rebirth of freedom.

5 | December 1, 2012 11:50 am

unclassifiable wrote:

@ huckfunn:

Our future as a UN “protectorate” I think is the long-term goal.

You know we have to be punished for our past “crimes”.

That’s exactly why the regime wants John Kerry for SOS. He’s been a long time advocate of subordinating U.S. sovereignty to the U.N.

6 | December 1, 2012 11:52 am

Prebanned wrote:

@ huckfunn:
    I hope Obama dies a bitter old man having caused the rebirth of freedom.

I wonder when that rebirth will occur. Certainly not in my lifetime.

7. unclassifiable
    7 | December 1, 2012 12:00 pm

@ huckfunn:

Well I have come to that conclusion myself but sometimes you have to take that perspective.

I imagine the masonry folks working on Notre Dame Cathedral probably had that perspective.

8. Prebanned
    8 | December 1, 2012 12:04 pm

@ huckfunn:
    We are already broke, we cannot sustain the level of socialism we had pre-obama.
    We are headed towards freedom or totalitarianism.

9 | December 1, 2012 12:05 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

Speaking of that, have you ever read the book Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follette? Great trilogy of a family that builds cathedrals in Europe starting in the reign of William the Conqueror.

10. unclassifiable
    10 | December 1, 2012 12:12 pm

@ huckfunn:

No, but I did read “On Wings of Eagles” as required by a former employer.

Thank you for the tip. I will put it on the list.

Currently reading “The Forgotten Man” by Amity Shlaes.

I guess I am boning up on the Depression.

11. unclassifiable
    11 | December 1, 2012 12:13 pm

@ unclassifiable:

>>I guess I am boning up on the Depression.<<

For the younger folks this means I am studying it.

Don't get too excioted.

12. Prebanned
    12 | December 1, 2012 12:17 pm

@ unclassifiable:
    At least we aren’t right next door to Obama’s “Arab Spring”.

13 | December 1, 2012 12:20 pm

@ unclassifiable:
    One of my all time favorite novels. It’s one of those that was so good that I couldn’t find a suitable “next book” for quite a long time. I’m currently on Follette’s Winter of the World which is a follow-up to Fall of Giants. Both are great reads if you like historical novels.

14. unclassifiable
    14 | December 1, 2012 12:26 pm

@ Prebanned:

Speaking boning up in the modern context.

15. 15 | December 1, 2012 12:59 pm

@ unclassifiable:

Forgotten Man is one I’m working on, too. Great book- too bad it’s not required reading in HS, or at least college, classes.

16. unclassifiable
    16 | December 1, 2012 1:52 pm

@ mfhorn:

I think we will have to encourage it outside of the state mandated day care/teen care system.

17 | December 2, 2012 8:16 am

Negotiation skills of a boy

18. Philip_Daniel
    18 | December 2, 2012 3:17 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

Our future as a UN “protectorate” I think is the long-term goal.

You know we have to be punished for our past “crimes”.

Indeed, we must be chastised, for we are “guilty” of “genocide, imperialism, and colonialism”. What better method of punishment than to be colonized by genocidal communist empires?

19. Buffalobob
    19 | December 5, 2012 7:54 pm

obama and Shillary are drawing a red line in the sand, warning Syria not to use chemical weapons. If we the US send 1 US soldier into that shit hole we are screwed. Let them destroy themselves, reducing the number of bat shit crazes.