NFL Week 13!

by Carolina Girl ( 315 Comments › )
Filed under Uncategorized at December 2nd, 2012 - 12:45 pm

Since we’re getting close to the end of the season, it might not be a bad idea now to open the doors and discuss the upcoming playoff possibilities.    I mathematically eliminated the Saints when Breesy threw two Pick-6′s against the 49ers last Sunday while I was sitting at the drive-thru at Carl’s Jr.  – even the BBQ goodness of the Western Bacon Cheeseburger could not remove the sting (or XM Radio drown out the cheers of the Carl’s Jr. staff  – who probably spit in my food since I made the mistake of wearing my Deuce McAllister jersey).  And not to be outdone, he threw five interceptions on Thursday and brought his streak of touchdown passes in a game to an end.    I’d like to thank Roger Goodell for his splendid ass-kicking of the Saints this season.   It only goes to show how low the asshats at Time Magazine have fallen in their desperate search for the “Person of the Year” that this clown and Sandra Fluke are both contenders.   But then again, it’s Time Magazine; I have holiday circulars from Michael’s Art Supplies that are have more pages than Time.

Judging from the current standings, there is the enticing possibility in the Wild Card Round for the AFC that Andrew Luck and the Colts could be staring downfield at Mr Manning’s new neighborhood.  And I have this tingle going up my leg that No. 18 has enough of a chip on his padded shoulder to want to give a good “howdy do and how do you like me NOW” to his ex-locker mates.

Right now if I had to make book for big game, I’m going to say the Texans and the 49ers. I think barring a complete meltdown, which has happened before, alas, the road to the Super Bowl will go through Atlanta in the NFC and Houston in the AFC.   However, the 49ers defense is going to pressure the Ice-man and the Falcon offense.  As for the Texans, I’m trying to remember what team it was they lost to.  Your mileage, of course, may vary.

The match-ups this week look good.  Of course, I have no dog in the hunt, and heck, even NASCAR’s done for the year.

Jaguars @ Bills
Seahawks @ Bears
Colts @ Lions
Vikings @ Packers (this
Panthers @ Chiefs
Patriots @ Dolphins
Cardinals @ Jets
49ers @ Rams
Texans @ Titans (almost sings, doesn’t it?)
Buccaneers @ Broncos
Steelers @ Ravens
Browns @ Oakland
Bengals @ Chargers (is it coincidence that BOTH Ohio teams are in California?  I think not)
Eagles @ Cowboys
Monday’s Game:

Giants @ Redskins

Comments

315 Responses to “NFL Week 13!”

1 | December 2, 2012 1:36 pm

Giants-Redskins tomorrow night….
    RG3 is the real deal and he’s at home

2. John Difool
    2 | December 2, 2012 1:36 pm

Giants-Redskins tomorrow night….
    RG3 is the real deal and he’s at home

RG3 AGAINST THE MACHINE !

3. 3 | December 2, 2012 1:42 pm

Sean Payton is prohibited from the sidelines and Michael Vick is playing. Though unrelated, those two facts say a lot about the NFL.

4 | December 2, 2012 1:46 pm

@ John Difool:
    he sure raged against Dallas last week…4td’s, no picks, 104.6 rating…the guy is scarey good

5. Calo
    5 | December 2, 2012 1:50 pm

The Texans first and only loss was to the Packers.

And, thank you Carolina Girl for finally recognizing the Texans this year.

6 | December 2, 2012 1:51 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Vicks problem was not football related…in any case the NFL would have lost court if they denied him employment…jus sayin

7. Calo
    7 | December 2, 2012 1:54 pm

@ heysoos:
    Vick is a dog killer. :evil:

There is not much worse than a human who abuses an animal for sport and amusement.

8 | December 2, 2012 2:03 pm

Vick is a dog killer.

not only that, but he’s filthy rich again after losing everything

9. Calo
    9 | December 2, 2012 2:08 pm

@ heysoos:
    It’s best that I don’t know where to find him then.

10 | December 2, 2012 2:16 pm

@ heysoos:
    It’s best that I don’t know where to find him then.

Same here.

11. livefreeor die
    11 | December 2, 2012 2:19 pm

John Difool wrote:

Giants-Redskins tomorrow night….
    RG3 is the real deal and he’s at home
    RG3 AGAINST THE MACHINE !

We had tickets for tomorrow night’s game and had to sell them as our two high schoolers have a bunch of stuff for school this week.
    Argh.

12. John Difool
    12 | December 2, 2012 2:29 pm

Cards/Jets just had the worst half of football I have ever witnessed in my 42 years.

And I’ve watched a lot of gottdam football in those 42 years.

13 | December 2, 2012 2:32 pm

@ John Difool:

Maybe you can explain to me why Larry Fitzgerald never catches the ball anymore.

I’m guessing the running game and QB play in Arizona is struggling.

Fantasy BUST.

14. John Difool
    14 | December 2, 2012 2:37 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ John Difool:
    I’m guessing the running game and QB play in Arizona is struggling.
    Fantasy BUST.

Fitz has probably just given up at this point & wants to leave.

15. 15 | December 2, 2012 2:38 pm

@ John Difool:

Jets are the most hyped team.

16. 16 | December 2, 2012 2:43 pm

Calo wrote:

The Texans first and only loss was to the Packers.

And, thank you Carolina Girl for finally recognizing the Texans this year.

Long overdue. Most excellent team this year.

17. brookly red
    17 | December 2, 2012 2:44 pm

OMG I just clicked on and for a brief second I thought that was Obama in the 7 jersey… fortunately the laundry is done so I can have a beer now (and clean my glasses too)

18. Lily
    18 | December 2, 2012 2:48 pm

Isn’t that the truth … it was a witch hunt and Vilma is fighting it tooth and nail and denying it. It’s disgusting what he did to the Saints. Just disgusting.

19. Lily
    19 | December 2, 2012 2:57 pm

I have to agree with your evaluation concerning the Texans and the 49ers. And the 49er’s are doing it with a rookie QB in the last two games. This kid is awesome. But they are trying to tear him down because of his tat’s. It’s football and the story behind this kid is amazing.

Writer defends tattoo criticism of QB

Colin Kaepernick’s parents upset at criticism of son’s tattoos

20. 20 | December 2, 2012 2:57 pm

@ brookly red:

Oh dear. Not my intention!
    Can you imagine the Skinny Socialist suiting up? He’d be running like a lib girl the minute a defenseman jerked a muscle.

21 | December 2, 2012 3:00 pm

Lily wrote:

akin to trying to legislate morality…football is extremely violent, but almost all the players that make to the NFL come up the same way….there is a brotherhood between players that is stronger than the urge to win by injury, the players all know that….Goodells knee jerk reaction to an almost non-existant problem was bullying..yes there are players that will intentionally try to injure you, but very few

22. Lily
    22 | December 2, 2012 3:01 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Skinny socialist playing football?? The most metrosexual man evah…the nancy-in-chief???
    He can’t even throw a baseball!! I’ve seen women with more arm on that! Plus he is rather young…so being old isn’t a factor!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

23. 23 | December 2, 2012 3:02 pm

Vick is a dog killer.

Dog-EATERS are a bit worse.

24. brookly red
    24 | December 2, 2012 3:02 pm

@ brookly red:

Oh dear. Not my intention!

well I thought it was a photoshop actually… but it does kinda look like him.

25. brookly red
    25 | December 2, 2012 3:03 pm

Lily wrote:

I’ve seen women with more arm on that!

is that a Moochelle joke?

26. Lily
    26 | December 2, 2012 3:04 pm

Lily wrote:

Indeed Vilma has said if I wanted to hurt a QB in one game why in the hell didn’t I want to hurt another QB in another game???? He does not want his name smeared because of these false allegations and he is not letting up in keeping his name unsmeared.

27. 27 | December 2, 2012 3:04 pm

@ Lily:

If the Tats make him happy, it should not be anyone’s concern. His body, not mine. The 49ers should keep him in my opinion.

28. 28 | December 2, 2012 3:05 pm

John Difool wrote:

Bumr50 wrote:

@ John Difool:
    I’m guessing the running game and QB play in Arizona is struggling.
    Fantasy BUST.

Fitz has probably just given up at this point & wants to leave.

didn’t he sign a contract thru 2018?

29. 29 | December 2, 2012 3:05 pm

@ Lily:

I will never forget his changing of the overtime rules for playoff games after the Saints went to the Super Bowl after a sudden death OT win against the Vikings. All I heard in the two weeks after the game was “if only Brett Favre had been given another chance”! Sux weeks after the Super Bowl, rule change. Now personally, I think that the college rule for overtime is cool. But I would have all announced a little later in the season so it didn’t have the appearance of slapping the Saints in the face.

30. 30 | December 2, 2012 3:06 pm

brookly red wrote:

LOL i saw that likeness as well and almost left this snarky comment “ugh, that pinhead looks a bit too much like the JEF” but i thought some folks might be a fan of the football player and calling him a pinhead might upset ‘em.

31. Lily
    31 | December 2, 2012 3:07 pm

Lily wrote:
    I’ve seen women with more arm on that!
    is that a Moochelle joke?

Could be one there. But I’m talking about the one that threw a softball to me at least with 70mph on it. WHOA…it tipped by softball glove and hit me in the mouth. I swallowed a tooth and all of my front teeth were lossened and it ripped up my lips. Did it ring my bell???? Oh hell yes!

32. 32 | December 2, 2012 3:07 pm

Andrew Luck is no joke. He has led his team back in this game to within 2. He’s the real deal.

33. 33 | December 2, 2012 3:07 pm

Defensive players have so much ink they look like renegades from a casting call from Ray Bradbury’s “The Illustrated Man.”

34. 34 | December 2, 2012 3:08 pm

@ Lily:
    i find most tatoos pretty hideous but a tatoo, or thousands, do not define a persons character. hope that feller ain’t another gang-banger hoodlum like most of the nfl seems to be.

35 | December 2, 2012 3:08 pm

@ Lily:

the owners have a Rules Committee….Goodell simply signs off…and I hate that rule

36. Lily
    36 | December 2, 2012 3:10 pm

@ Lily:

Indeed. I see nothing wrong with them..he is a damn football player not a CEO. I did wonder what he had all over his arms in tats…it’s all Biblical stuff.

37. Lily
    37 | December 2, 2012 3:12 pm

@ Lily:

It was slapping the Saints in the face!!!! He really does not like the Saints. I don’t have ANYTHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT GOODELL!!!

38. 38 | December 2, 2012 3:13 pm

Maybe but I did love RG III getting the Heisman after Luck stayed back another year in hope of winning it.

39. Lily
    39 | December 2, 2012 3:15 pm

@ Lily:

PIMF ugggg….DAMN GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER especially for a rookie in the NFL.

40 | December 2, 2012 3:15 pm

@ heysoos:

It’s best that I don’t know where to find him then.

I hope that Vick discovers that St.Peter is Rin Tin Tin, grrrrrrr!

41 | December 2, 2012 3:17 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

I really like RG3′s game….he’s very smart, at least three years ahead of the curve…he’s stronger than he looks, and is simply fearless in the pocket….he clobbered the CBoys last week single handedly

42. brookly red
    42 | December 2, 2012 3:17 pm

Kirly wrote:

heh, Jovan Belcher didn’t do them any good PR

43. Lily
    43 | December 2, 2012 3:17 pm

Kirly wrote:

@ Lily:

Actually I find too many..too many but if you read in that post I posted the second link. He was a 4.0 student and has dedicated his life to helping kids stay off drugs. Hence all the Biblical tats.

44. 44 | December 2, 2012 3:18 pm

@ heysoos:

I didn’t have a problem with the rule change. I had a problem in the timing of the announcement. I’d been saying fir years that we needed to adopt that rule. Coming so soon after the Saints SB victory just seemed to have a rather snotty connotation to it. But I will confess I do view football through the prism of a Saints fan.

45. 45 | December 2, 2012 3:20 pm

@ Lily:

Lily -- if you don’t mind my asking, are you still in the NOLA area?

46. 46 | December 2, 2012 3:22 pm

OMG! Jets just went ahead!

I love Game Mix.

47. Lily
    47 | December 2, 2012 3:22 pm

@ heysoos:

You are right …the rule change isn’t a big deal..but they changed the rule after the Saints went to the Superbowl and won it. So they have been living with this old rule of OT for years then suddenly when the Saints win they decide to change it. Fishy.

48. Lily
    48 | December 2, 2012 3:24 pm

@ Lily:
    Lily — if you don’t mind my asking, are you still in the NOLA area?

Never been in NOLA area..other than to visit..I live closer to Texas in SW Louisiana. Where Rita hit. I live very close to the coast about 45 miles from it. Think around Lake Charles.

49 | December 2, 2012 3:25 pm

@ heysoos:

the NFL commish has a strange job these days…history proves what smart guys Rozelle (television) and Tagliabu (free agency) were in their time…football was growing in giant leaps…Goodall really has nothing to do, and I think he handled this past strike poorly…I think this Saints thing is just about the biggest issue he’s ever dealt with….which all adds up to a pretty mediocre performance so far…if he thought he was going to ‘clean up’ a serious problem, he’s wrong

50. 50 | December 2, 2012 3:26 pm

@ Lily:

Oh shucks. I may be in New Orleans next year and wanted to buy you a drink at Pat O’s. Any other netizens in the area? Contact me!

51 | December 2, 2012 3:28 pm

Vikes in GB is turning into a real scrap…Minny ain’t giving up

52. Lily
    52 | December 2, 2012 3:28 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

I think I’m the only Louisiana poster here. ;)

53. 53 | December 2, 2012 3:29 pm

Every game seems to be close except Houston’s and Buffalo’s.

54. John Difool
    54 | December 2, 2012 3:29 pm

Kirly wrote:

John Difool wrote:

Bumr50 wrote:
    @ John Difool:
    I’m guessing the running game and QB play in Arizona is struggling.
    Fantasy BUST.
    Fitz has probably just given up at this point & wants to leave.

didn’t he sign a contract thru 2018?

Yep, SUX 2 B Him

55. Lily
    55 | December 2, 2012 3:30 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Going to a Saints game??? I wonder if Sean Payton is going to come back with a vengeance this has just got to be really, really eating him up.

56. brookly red
    56 | December 2, 2012 3:31 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

I think I’m the only Louisiana poster here.

If any admins get bored it would be interesting to see a regional breakdown of posters, juss sayin

57. Calo
    57 | December 2, 2012 3:31 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    NO is close enough for a morning drive and an afternoon meet up.

{{Lily}}, it’s just down the road from you.

58. Lily
    58 | December 2, 2012 3:32 pm

@ Calo:

About 4 hours away…yeah. {{Calo}}!

59. 59 | December 2, 2012 3:34 pm

@ heysoos:

I couldn’t agree more regarding Rozelle and Tagliabu. I thought Goodell was Commish at the time of the Pats cheating scandal and didn’t do crap to Punish Beleshit.

I would be if e with the punishment meted out if you could prove that the Saints made illegal hits that sent players off the field. I still believe this was Jeremy Shockey getting even with the Saints trading him to the Panthers.

60 | December 2, 2012 3:34 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Dallas hesitated with Payton about a half second and he was gone…broke my heart that the CBoys didn’t jump on him for head coach….it was all set up and so obvious…I was in shock to see him go to NO….he’s one hell of a football coach

61. Lily
    61 | December 2, 2012 3:35 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    I think I’m the only Louisiana poster here.

We have a lot of Texans..a few Tennessee…a few from around Pittsburg….a few from New York…a few from California…one for sure from Florida….those are just right off the top of my head..oh wait New Mexico…and Arizona too. I know I missing some ….

62. 62 | December 2, 2012 3:35 pm

@ brookly red:

We could make it a permanent sidebar!

63 | December 2, 2012 3:36 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    I think I’m the only Louisiana poster here.

we cannot reveal how many yinzers are on this board for security reasons.

64 | December 2, 2012 3:37 pm

@ heysoos:

it’s all part of the lore now…and Shockey is a punk

65. Lily
    65 | December 2, 2012 3:37 pm

@ heysoos:

Yeah that rumor seems to hold some water (although I have heard it is just a rumor but it seems highly likely)…and where is Jeremy Shockey now? Hmmmmm? Any football team want to touch him now?

66. 66 | December 2, 2012 3:37 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    I think I’m the only Louisiana poster here.

seems to be a large number of Zonies relative to the population of the state. i always found that interesting.

67 | December 2, 2012 3:38 pm

@ heysoos:

no, too many tats for a white boy

68. 68 | December 2, 2012 3:39 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    maybe one of those revolver maps like i have on my blog. it’s doesn’t show where everyone lives but it shows a sort of stick pin where the linking in from -- without id’g any individual.

69. brookly red
    69 | December 2, 2012 3:39 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    I think I’m the only Louisiana poster here.

we cannot reveal how many yinzers are on this board for security reasons.

not the numbers just the %s eg: 7.4% from this state, 4.3% from that state…

70. Lily
    70 | December 2, 2012 3:39 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

He is the heart and soul of the Saints team…and that is his team the Saints. Now Goodell is bitching about his contract with the Saints and doesn’t meet the standards…yeah Goodell is still pounding sand on the Saints.

71. Lily
    71 | December 2, 2012 3:41 pm

LOL!!!

72 | December 2, 2012 3:41 pm

there are almost exactly 2m New Mexicans…I think Rancher and myself are the only posters from that planet….one in a million?

73. Lily
    73 | December 2, 2012 3:42 pm

@ Kirly:

Yep! LOL!

74. 74 | December 2, 2012 3:43 pm

I saw a personalized AZ license plate the other day which sayd “YINZERR”.

75. Lily
    75 | December 2, 2012 3:43 pm

@ heysoos:

LOL!!! He does have a lot of tats.

76. brookly red
    76 | December 2, 2012 3:43 pm

Kirly wrote:

@ Carolina Girl:
    I think I’m the only Louisiana poster here.

well I assumed that most posters were from red states I was surprised to find other NYers

77. Lily
    77 | December 2, 2012 3:44 pm

@ brookly red:

Louisiana would be all of 1%. Me. ;)

78 | December 2, 2012 3:44 pm

Kirly wrote:

I saw a personalized AZ license plate the other day which sayd “YINZERR”.

we are legion.

79. Calo
    79 | December 2, 2012 3:45 pm

You forgot Song&DanceMan.

Meh, one of my favorite posters from your state.

80. brookly red
    80 | December 2, 2012 3:46 pm

heysoos wrote:

gawd there are over 2m Brooklynites…

81 | December 2, 2012 3:46 pm

You forgot Song&DanceMan.
    Meh, one of my favorite posters from your state.

I did, my bad…I’ve met him, he used to live just a few blocks from me…good guy

82. Lily
    82 | December 2, 2012 3:47 pm

Kirly wrote:
    @ Carolina Girl:
    I think I’m the only Louisiana poster here.

It rather runs the gamet on where the posters live here. I think one from Washington State too if I remember correctly and one from Oregon too now that I think about it.

83. Lily
    83 | December 2, 2012 3:48 pm

You forgot Song&DanceMan.
    Meh, one of my favorite posters from your state.

Yep he is from New Mexico now isn’t he?

84 | December 2, 2012 3:49 pm

heysoos wrote:

gawd there are over 2m Brooklynites…

like ants…I love to visit NYC but….there seems to always be alot of commotion and frantic running about…I feel like Crocodile Dundee up there….I ask myself, what’s going on here?….what are all these people for?

85 | December 2, 2012 3:50 pm

I am watching the Bears & Seahawks.
    It’s 14 to 10 Bears at the 2 minute warning.
    This is like the Miss Islam beauty contest,
    ugly!
    College football has had one of its best years ever though.
    Notre Dame & Alabama! Let’s get it on!

86 | December 2, 2012 3:50 pm

You forgot Song&DanceMan.
    Meh, one of my favorite posters from your state.
    Yep he is from New Mexico now isn’t he?

lives here in ABQ way over on the west mesa…probably 15 miles from me…ABQ is very spread out

87 | December 2, 2012 3:52 pm

College football has had one of its best years ever though.

this was a good one.

cant wait for bama v the domers!

88. 88 | December 2, 2012 3:53 pm

@ Lily:

As a matter of fact -- yes! If my son stays clean and sober for a year I’m going to surprise him and take him to a Saints home game. He isn’t even going to know wherewe’re going till we reach the airport.

89. 89 | December 2, 2012 3:54 pm

So it will be Bama and who?

90. brookly red
    90 | December 2, 2012 3:54 pm

heysoos wrote:

Brooklyn isn’t manhattan, it is a city unto itself kinda on the scale of Chicago… hi-rises downtown, walk a few blocks brownstones.

91 | December 2, 2012 3:55 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

So it will be Bama and who?

Notre Dame….God’s boyz

92 | December 2, 2012 3:55 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

So it will be Bama and who?

the golden domers (notre dame)

93. Lily
    93 | December 2, 2012 3:55 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Good for your son. Good incintive too. One of my friends sons sold his TV to go to a Saints game. That is how hard-core Saints fans are. LOL!!

94. Calo
    94 | December 2, 2012 3:56 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    I don’t even want to know that story. :sad:

I’m busy living in my own kid’s nightmare right now.

95 | December 2, 2012 3:57 pm

heysoos wrote:

I’ve wondered around over there a bit….from the heights there are classic view of Manhattan I had to see….then I walked back across the bridge…one of the most amazing sights I’ve ever seen, just breathtaking for this mid west hatseed

96 | December 2, 2012 3:58 pm

wtf is a hatseed?

97. brookly red
    97 | December 2, 2012 3:59 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    I don’t even want to know that story.

I’m busy living in my own kid’s nightmare right now.

gawd it must be weird to be a kid today… your parents talkin bout you on the internet and all.

98 | December 2, 2012 3:59 pm

College football has had one of its best years ever though.

this was a good one.

cant wait for bama v the domers!

It should be epic.
    The guys at ESPN will pretty much give it to Bama before they
    even kick off.
    Pretty sure that Notre Dame will still show up.
    Two really good teams will go at it.

99. Lily
    99 | December 2, 2012 3:59 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    I don’t even want to know that story.
    I’m busy living in my own kid’s nightmare right now.

:( Mother’s crosses to bear. I don’t think men understand completely how mothers really have a heavy load on their shoulders…the only way I can explain it ….is your children are your heart walking outside of your body.

100. brookly red
    100 | December 2, 2012 3:59 pm

wtf is a hatseed?

hayseed… the t is next to the y

101. Lily
    101 | December 2, 2012 4:00 pm

wtf is a hatseed?

Never heard the term but apparently you are one. ;) Now I have heard the term hayseed.

102. 102 | December 2, 2012 4:01 pm

Holy Deja Vu! OT for the Rams and 49ers. Rams get the ball first.

103 | December 2, 2012 4:01 pm

Lily wrote:

your children are your heart walking outside of your body.

i think cardiology might have a problem with that right there…might need a consult.

104. Calo
    104 | December 2, 2012 4:01 pm

@ brookly red:
    Keyboards don’t know nothin’

105. Lily
    105 | December 2, 2012 4:02 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    I don’t even want to know that story.
    I’m busy living in my own kid’s nightmare right now.

Weird for the kids??? You don’t think they talk about their parents on the internet??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like gotta go parental unit in the room. LOL!

106. 106 | December 2, 2012 4:02 pm

@ Calo:

Calo -- if you ever want a shoulder or a sounding board, ask the admins for my home email address and I’ll be a good listener.

107 | December 2, 2012 4:03 pm

for those of you viewing the baltimore v pittsburgh game i apologize in advance for the steelers.

the injury list for the steelers is freakin epic.

108. Calo
    108 | December 2, 2012 4:03 pm

Lily goes tomorrow to the Cardiologist.

Partial blockages ….

109. Lily
    109 | December 2, 2012 4:03 pm

GMTA!

110 | December 2, 2012 4:04 pm

the injury list for the steelers is freakin epic.

like the Cowboys…we got decimated, and the best of the injured are done for the season

111. Lily
    111 | December 2, 2012 4:04 pm

8-)

112 | December 2, 2012 4:05 pm

Bears kick a 46 yd field goal with 3 seconds left.
    Tied with Seattle 17 to 17, going to overtime.
    Ok, not that ugly now.

113. brookly red
    113 | December 2, 2012 4:05 pm

heysoos wrote:

my hood is similar to the heights, about 3/4 of a mile from the bridge. a fun date is getting takeout from chinatown and eating dinner on the bridge (there are benches) while the sun sets over jersey (the pollution makes for spectacular colors LOL)

114 | December 2, 2012 4:06 pm

Calo wrote:

Lily goes tomorrow to the Cardiologist.
    Partial blockages ….

no myocardial damage?

this is a gimme fix! they might let the 1st year med student handle this.

115. 115 | December 2, 2012 4:06 pm

Mea culpa. I guess they don’t get to being “Touchdown Jesus” with them.

116. Lily
    116 | December 2, 2012 4:07 pm

@ Calo:

And scared to death…Not. Looking. Forward. To. It.

117. brookly red
    117 | December 2, 2012 4:08 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    I don’t even want to know that story.
    I’m busy living in my own kid’s nightmare right now.

hmmm, now I have been told by some experts that my brain is not in my head… is that similar?

118. Lily
    118 | December 2, 2012 4:08 pm

Calo wrote:
    Lily goes tomorrow to the Cardiologist.
    Partial blockages ….
    no myocardial damage?
    this is a gimme fix! they might let the 1st year med student handle this.

:shock:

119 | December 2, 2012 4:08 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Mea culpa. I guess they don’t get to being “Touchdown Jesus” with them.

they havent won a championship since they constructed seats in front of touchdown jesus. now his view of the field is obstructed.

120. Calo
    120 | December 2, 2012 4:08 pm

Or, just a lowly RN write the orders and the doc signs it off the next day.

Don’t tell me you haven’t done so yet.

121 | December 2, 2012 4:09 pm

@ Calo:
    And scared to death…Not. Looking. Forward. To. It.

dont be. just about everything cardiac can be fixed with meds, lifestyle changes, and some minimally invasive surgery

122 | December 2, 2012 4:10 pm

Calo wrote:

Or, just a lowly RN write the orders and the doc signs it off the next day.
    Don’t tell me you haven’t done so yet.

yessss….

123. brookly red
    123 | December 2, 2012 4:10 pm

Calo wrote:

Lily goes tomorrow to the Cardiologist.
    Partial blockages ….

no myocardial damage?

this is a gimme fix! they might let the 1st year med student handle this.

I am thinking drugs, at the very worst a stent…

124. Lily
    124 | December 2, 2012 4:10 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    I don’t even want to know that story.
    I’m busy living in my own kid’s nightmare right now.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    /I’m not touching this. ;)

125. John Difool
    125 | December 2, 2012 4:11 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:
    So it will be Bama and who?

Notre Dame….God’s boyz

The Pope’s Pigskin Carriers

126 | December 2, 2012 4:13 pm

Calo wrote:
    Lily goes tomorrow to the Cardiologist.
    Partial blockages ….
    no myocardial damage?
    this is a gimme fix! they might let the 1st year med student handle this.

I am thinking drugs, at the very worst a stent…

pretty much.

80 of lipitor, maybe some cardizem or a beta blocker, a little effient…

presto!

127. Lily
    127 | December 2, 2012 4:13 pm

@ Calo:
    And scared to death…Not. Looking. Forward. To. It.

I know still scared. Tomorrow I’ll find out what is going to be done.

128. Calo
    128 | December 2, 2012 4:14 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    And, I did see your post.

Thank you for it.

129. brookly red
    129 | December 2, 2012 4:14 pm

Calo wrote:
    Lily goes tomorrow to the Cardiologist.
    Partial blockages ….
    no myocardial damage?
    this is a gimme fix! they might let the 1st year med student handle this.

I am thinking drugs, at the very worst a stent…

pretty much.

80 of lipitor, maybe some cardizem or a beta blocker, a little effient…

presto!

Effient was my client a few years back when they launched…

130. Calo
    130 | December 2, 2012 4:15 pm

Go for the gusto. girl.

Make them stent you and fix it right.
    Forget the meds … it’s just a temporary fix.

131. brookly red
    131 | December 2, 2012 4:17 pm

@ Calo:
    And scared to death…Not. Looking. Forward. To. It.

I know still scared. Tomorrow I’ll find out what is going to be done.

you will be fine… just a bunch of pills.

132 | December 2, 2012 4:17 pm

brookly red wrote:

Effient was my client a few years back when they launched…

they have a pretty good product there. we use it all the time

133. brookly red
    133 | December 2, 2012 4:19 pm

brookly red wrote:

Effient was my client a few years back when they launched…

they have a pretty good product there. we use it all the time

I was so damn mad when the Feds blocked the launch for political reasons.

134. 134 | December 2, 2012 4:19 pm

There is nobody more superstitious than a Catholic. I know cuz I are one.

135. Lily
    135 | December 2, 2012 4:20 pm

Go for the gusto. girl.
    Make them stent you and fix it right.
    Forget the meds … it’s just a temporary fix.

:shock: I’m trying not to think about it. The doc I am going to is supposed to be good. Go for the gusto???? Oh dear. Terrified.

136. Calo
    136 | December 2, 2012 4:20 pm

Effient is the new Plavix?

137. Lily
    137 | December 2, 2012 4:21 pm

Hope so.

138 | December 2, 2012 4:22 pm

Calo wrote:

Effient is the new Plavix?

a lot less side effects.

139. 139 | December 2, 2012 4:22 pm

@ Calo:

You’re most welcome. Day or night.

140 | December 2, 2012 4:23 pm

brookly red wrote:

I was so damn mad when the Feds blocked the launch for political reasons.

yep.

141. Lily
    141 | December 2, 2012 4:24 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

There is nobody more superstitious than a Catholic. I know cuz I are one.

And for good reason. You gotta take the unseen world as real…and dear heavens…yes I’m Catholic too. I always light my blessed candles in a terrible Louisiana thunderstorm…and guess what it works. ;) It calms down soon after. Don’t mention the Rosary I have around my neck right now because of the heart problems. I said don’t notice it. 8-)

142 | December 2, 2012 4:24 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

There is nobody more superstitious than a Catholic. I know cuz I are one.

true…true…

143. 143 | December 2, 2012 4:25 pm

@ Calo:

Which is why I now call the Philadelphia Eagles the Dog Killers!

144. Calo
    144 | December 2, 2012 4:25 pm

Nah, don’t be terrified.

I did it once. No blockages in my heart vessels were noted.
    I did have a blockage in my electrical system that caused me to go into heart failure rather continuously.

And, then I had a bit of surgery and a little box implanted that fixed me.

You can do this Lily, I did it.
    It’s worth the effort.

145. 145 | December 2, 2012 4:26 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Mea culpa. I guess they don’t get to being “Touchdown Jesus” with them.

At least The Dallas Cowboys allow God to watch from Above!

146 | December 2, 2012 4:27 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Mea culpa. I guess they don’t get to being “Touchdown Jesus” with them.

In fairness our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ was offered the Head Coaching
    job at ND after Charlie Weiss was let go.
    He turned it down saying, “This my may make my mother unhappy, but
    I have to decline. I mean come on it’s tough to recruit and really the Irish
    haven’t won a Bowl Game in years.
    I”m just going to stay as Defensive Coordinator at Middle Tennessee State.”

147. Lily
    147 | December 2, 2012 4:27 pm

@ Calo:

I am going to have to. I don’t trust my body in.the.least.bit. and for good reason too. ;)

148 | December 2, 2012 4:28 pm

Go for the gusto. girl.
    Make them stent you and fix it right.
    Forget the meds … it’s just a temporary fix.

stents get medicated as well.

149. brookly red
    149 | December 2, 2012 4:29 pm

Go for the gusto. girl.
    Make them stent you and fix it right.
    Forget the meds … it’s just a temporary fix.

stents get medicated as well.

with Effient :)

150 | December 2, 2012 4:29 pm

@ Lily:
    Lilly, you will be fine. Prayers.

151 | December 2, 2012 4:29 pm

In fairness our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ was offered the Head Coaching
    job at ND after Charlie Weiss was let go.
    He turned it down saying, “This my may make my mother unhappy, but
    I have to decline. I mean come on it’s tough to recruit and really the Irish
    haven’t won a Bowl Game in years.
    I”m just going to stay as Defensive Coordinator at Middle Tennessee State.”

christ is a wise man, that was a good career move on his part.

152. Lily
    152 | December 2, 2012 4:31 pm

Thanks Rix. :)

153. 153 | December 2, 2012 4:32 pm

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!

154 | December 2, 2012 4:32 pm

Go for the gusto. girl.
    Make them stent you and fix it right.
    Forget the meds … it’s just a temporary fix.
    stents get medicated as well.

with Effient

yep, and liptior…

155. Calo
    155 | December 2, 2012 4:33 pm

@ Calo:

That is not good enough for me.

You have to believe in it -- believe there is a fix waiting for you.
    This isn’t hokey pokey voodoo medicine waiting to suck up your soul.

156 | December 2, 2012 4:33 pm

It was the right call at the time, but now?

157 | December 2, 2012 4:33 pm

@ Macker:

Pretty sure his name is “Luck”…

158 | December 2, 2012 4:33 pm

Macker wrote:

At least The Dallas Cowboys allow God to watch from Above!

quite the character they have for owner.

159. Lily
    159 | December 2, 2012 4:33 pm

@ Macker:

Yep I just saw that….well the Colts have a lotta Luck.

160 | December 2, 2012 4:34 pm

Calo wrote:

This isn’t hokey pokey voodoo medicine waiting to suck up your soul.

that’ll be obama care

161. Lily
    161 | December 2, 2012 4:34 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ Macker:
    Pretty sure his name is “Luck”…

:lol: :lol: :lol:

/that must have been a typing error. 8-)

162. John Difool
    162 | December 2, 2012 4:35 pm

Macker wrote:

Carolina Girl wrote:
    Mea culpa. I guess they don’t get to being “Touchdown Jesus” with them.

At least The Dallas Cowboys allow God to watch from Above!

Yea, so God can LOL

163 | December 2, 2012 4:35 pm

It was the right call at the time, but now?

he sees all of time and space, he knows when the job is right for him.

164. 164 | December 2, 2012 4:35 pm

@ Bumr50:
    @ Lily:

I’m saying FUCK to the Loins and not to Andrew Luck!

165 | December 2, 2012 4:35 pm

wow…Rams win…
    that’s something

166. Lily
    166 | December 2, 2012 4:36 pm

@ Calo:

I know. I also have a feeling …that I’m going to start feeling better because I got to tell you I have no energy and I don’t want to go through another spell either.

167 | December 2, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks Rix.

CW is right, probably just meds.
    If there is a procedure, you will make a speedy recovery.
    Besides if you have some down time, you will have time
    to maintain order here.

168 | December 2, 2012 4:37 pm

It was the right call at the time, but now?

he sees all of time and space, he knows when the job is right for him.

Amen.

169 | December 2, 2012 4:39 pm

See you later.
    Everybody have a great evening.

170. Lily
    170 | December 2, 2012 4:39 pm

@ Macker:

LOL! We know. Just teasing ya.

171 | December 2, 2012 4:40 pm

It was the right call at the time, but now?
    he sees all of time and space, he knows when the job is right for him.

Amen.

ya dont get to be ‘lord and savior’ by making bad career choices.

172. Lily
    172 | December 2, 2012 4:40 pm

Later Rix! :)

173. Lily
    173 | December 2, 2012 4:41 pm

Lately I have had a lot of down time. ;)

174. 174 | December 2, 2012 4:47 pm

I don’t know about that. Crucificition seems like a bitch of a way to go… 8O

175. Lily
    175 | December 2, 2012 4:49 pm

Well that wasn’t a bad career choice that was the beginning of the end game..that had to happen for Him to rise from the dead and redeem us. We owe Him a lot for that. :)

176. John Difool
    176 | December 2, 2012 4:51 pm

Not a Steelers fan, but I really hate the Stabby’s even more.

Guess I’ll root for the team that now has a 4000 year old mummy quarterback.

Go Chucky Ho-Tep !

177. Lily
    177 | December 2, 2012 4:54 pm

Stabby’s?
    Chucky Ho-Tep?

/clue-less to the terms here. ;)

178. Lily
    178 | December 2, 2012 4:55 pm

@ Lily:

You mean maybe the Tabby-cats???

179. John Difool
    179 | December 2, 2012 4:58 pm

Stabby’s?
    Chucky Ho-Tep?
    /clue-less to the terms here.

Stabby’s: Ray Lewis’ Ravens

Chucky Ho-Tep: The ancient Charlie Batch

180 | December 2, 2012 5:01 pm

He’s my age.

181. Lily
    181 | December 2, 2012 5:02 pm

@ John Difool:

Charlie Batch? Is he QB for Pittsburg? Where is Ben? Yeah I’m out of the loop here.

182 | December 2, 2012 5:03 pm

John Difool wrote:

Guess I’ll root for the team that now has a 4000 year old mummy quarterback.

Go Chucky Ho-Tep !

183 | December 2, 2012 5:04 pm

I don’t know about that. Crucificition seems like a bitch of a way to go…

contractual obligation.

later yinz….gotta go to work.

184. John Difool
    184 | December 2, 2012 5:04 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

He’s my age.

Chucky Ho-Tep is biblical age. 10 years = 1000

185. Lily
    185 | December 2, 2012 5:05 pm

Okay just noticed…Ben is hurt?

186. Lily
    186 | December 2, 2012 5:07 pm

Fight! Pittsburg isn’t doing too well.

187. Lily
    187 | December 2, 2012 5:08 pm

I don’t know about that. Crucificition seems like a bitch of a way to go…
    contractual obligation.
    later yinz….gotta go to work.

True.

188. 188 | December 2, 2012 5:09 pm

Holy crap, the Chiefs actually won.

189 | December 2, 2012 5:11 pm

smashed his ribs into his aorta…not good

190. Lily
    190 | December 2, 2012 5:12 pm

:shock:

Obamabot Sends Dear Leader Gay Love Letters In Response To Campaign’s Overly Familiar Emails…

Millions of Americans received them. Lots of them. Those overly familiar emails signed “Barack” or “Joe” asking for just $3 or $5. Many were inspired to donate to the Obama campaign.

But one student at the University of Pennsylvania was inspired in another way. He wrote back. Love letters.

When Dylan Hansen-Fliedner received an email signed by “Barack” asking for help with the great challenges that lay ahead, the 20-year-old sought to reassure the president of his support: “writing this letter makes me run out of words..i love you so much that i dont know how to express it anymore..”
    *snip*
    October 17, 2012

My sweet and Darling Barack

Today a feel very happy because I notice at each and every instant the importance you represent to me and the strength you transmit, so that I can face whichever obstacle without fear or insecurity, moved only by an infinite will to make you as happy as I feel this minute.

You are gorgeous and adorable, capable of making me realize how good it is to feel alive, how good it is that your presence makes me grow and transform into a better person, capable of turning dreams into reality and make the result of those dreams, now shared by us both, and eternalizing then into an ambience of harmony, care and love.

My life without you would lack meaning, lack sense. Without you I would be nothing but a wandering errant, searching for my path that could lead me to happiness’s door. But with you around, by my side, close to me, I’m certain of having made the right, safer and yet romantic choice. I feel that all this love and care, that I share here with you, goes both ways and it fills my heart with peace and joy. Gazing endlessly into your deep yet sweet eyes, I realize the tender and pure light that pours from your heart and soul.

I shall never let this feeling that joins us perish. Never, by any chance, let us dript away from love’s true path, built on complicity and affection.

I love you and forever will!

Love,

Dylan

191. Lily
    191 | December 2, 2012 5:14 pm

smashed his ribs into his aorta…not good

Oooooooooohhhhh not good…when did he do that and how is he doing? Good grief!

192. John Difool
    192 | December 2, 2012 5:14 pm

50 Shades Of Ghey

193. 193 | December 2, 2012 5:16 pm

@ Lily:

Ew. I’m not hungry any more.

194. Lily
    194 | December 2, 2012 5:16 pm

LOL!

195 | December 2, 2012 5:17 pm

@ Lily:
    a ‘wandering errant’ for sure…and a lunaticLily wrote:

smashed his ribs into his aorta…not good
    Oooooooooohhhhh not good…when did he do that and how is he doing? Good grief!

he’s alright, but his future is mixed up…I feel bad for the guy, Ben is one of the good guys

196. Lily
    196 | December 2, 2012 5:17 pm

@ mfhorn:

Helps one to stick to the diet now doesn’t it?

197. Lily
    197 | December 2, 2012 5:18 pm

@ heysoos:

This could be a career ending injury then?

198 | December 2, 2012 5:20 pm

Big Ben…you just have to like his style and his game…fans everywhere love the guy and he’s good for the NFL, a good role model…but he’s got his ass kicked right now

199 | December 2, 2012 5:22 pm

@ heysoos:
    This could be a career ending injury then?

I don’t think he can play through this injury, it’s very serious, not in terms of pain or playing disability, but yeah, another hard hit to the thorax could possibly kill him…ribs tend to fracture in knife blade ends

200 | December 2, 2012 5:24 pm

@ heysoos:
    This could be a career ending injury then?

no, season ending…he’ll heal up

201. Lily
    201 | December 2, 2012 5:25 pm

@ heysoos:
    This could be a career ending injury then?

So even if it heals…the ribs are weakened and another hit could be his last one. Oh my.

202. Lily
    202 | December 2, 2012 5:25 pm

@ heysoos:
    This could be a career ending injury then?
    no, season ending…he’ll heal up

Okay….I can understand him not playing with the injury.

203 | December 2, 2012 5:27 pm

@ heysoos:
    This could be a career ending injury then?

fractures usually heal stronger than the original bone….bones tend to over do it when they mend leaving a tough, sometimes bulbous ‘scar’….he’ll be fine

204. Lily
    204 | December 2, 2012 5:29 pm

That’s good.

205 | December 2, 2012 5:33 pm

That’s good.

That’s good.

yeah, these guys (like other folks) work their asses off to get to the NFL…it’s a lot of hard work and dedication, confidence and ability…it’s a very unique, elite group…usually starts with Rocket ball and ends with college…almost twenty years to get there and it’s the Big Dream come true…I hate to see guys hurt after so many dreams and so much effort

206. Lily
    206 | December 2, 2012 5:35 pm

@ heysoos:

I hate to see them hurt too..but it comes with the job unfortunately.

207. Lily
    207 | December 2, 2012 5:39 pm

Well I’m glad obama is keeping his ego in check since he has got re-elected.
    /////////////////

Barack Obama Honors Rosa Parks Anniversary By Tweeting Picture Of . . . Barack Obama…

208 | December 2, 2012 5:40 pm

@ heysoos:
    I hate to see them hurt too..but it comes with the job unfortunately.

it does, which is why they make so much money…and times change as do medical technology…for several years Dick Butkus could not even get out of bed on game day…his wife dressed him and got him to the stadium, he could not do it alone…the great Dick B couldn’t dress himself in the end

209. brookly red
    209 | December 2, 2012 5:41 pm

Lily wrote:

Well I’m glad obama is keeping his ego in check since he has got re-elected.
    /////////////////

well his service to the community will be well noted. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/03/nyregion/interfaith-medical-center-in-brooklyn-plans-to-declare-bankruptcy.html?hp

210. Lily
    210 | December 2, 2012 5:42 pm

@ heysoos:
    I hate to see them hurt too..but it comes with the job unfortunately.

I can imagine…it is a pretty rough game. He wasn’t able to dress himself on game day to play? How in the world did he play?

211. Lily
    211 | December 2, 2012 5:44 pm

@ brookly red:

Yep the Charity hospitals are already getting hit hard…way to go obama but hey we need to funnel more money into the global warming crap or to hostile countries to us.

212. brookly red
    212 | December 2, 2012 5:49 pm

this hospital serves Bed-Stuy and Crown Heights, mostly Black and Carrabean

213. John Difool
    213 | December 2, 2012 5:50 pm

Lily wrote:

Well I’m glad obama is keeping his ego in check since he has got re-elected.
    /////////////////

Rosa Parks encouraged people to sit at the front of the bus. 57 years later, Obama is throwing people under the bus.

214. brookly red
    214 | December 2, 2012 5:51 pm

Darn that went off befoe I pulled the trigger …brookly red wrote:

“In letters to state officials, Mr. Barotz has said that a 2010 Medicaid rate cut cost Interfaith 40 percent of its inpatient revenue and precipitated its current crisis.”

this hospital serves Bed-Stuy and Crown Heights, mostly Black and Carrabean

meant to say: this hospital serves Bed-Stuy and Crown Heights, mostly Black and Carriabean

215. brookly red
    215 | December 2, 2012 5:55 pm

AGAIN!
    brookly red wrote:

meant to say: this hospital serves Bed-Stuy and Crown Heights, mostly poor Black and Caribbean, and all Obama voters. I hope the free phones were worth it.

216. 216 | December 2, 2012 6:02 pm

Hmm, just got word that Louisville will be playing Florida in the Sugar Bowl. Nice bowl bid for Louisville and, quite frankly, I think we can take ‘em.

217. 217 | December 2, 2012 6:04 pm

@ brookly red:

Calm down, red, you’re all jumpy. ;)

218. Lily
    218 | December 2, 2012 6:06 pm

this hospital serves Bed-Stuy and Crown Heights, mostly Black and Carrabean

Yep it serves the poor …but hey obama doesn’t care about the poor. Not.One.Bit. Just their votes after that he is done with them.

219. Lily
    219 | December 2, 2012 6:10 pm

AGAIN!
    brookly red wrote:

Honestly people who voted for obama never even gave a thought to what dangers he will wrought upon them. I have talked to a few of them..thankfully over the phone..still not pleasent. They are utterly clue-less and so totally gloating too. This was family and when I told them about my spells..”Well that was probably because of the electiion and you are going to have to just get over it..obama won deal with!” I went WTH??? I never said anything about the elections!!! It is what it is!!!

220 | December 2, 2012 6:12 pm

Looks like MTV has found yet another tasteless “reality” show to replace Jersey Shore:

221 | December 2, 2012 6:14 pm

Troy Polamalu just flew across my screen looking like Jimmy Snuka.

I hope he’s all better.

222. brookly red
    222 | December 2, 2012 6:15 pm

@ brookly red:

Calm down, red, you’re all jumpy.

no it kept submitting before I clicked on it…

223. Lily
    223 | December 2, 2012 6:17 pm

Good heavens! Really??? No wonder people think southerners are hicks. Like they aren’t preforming for the show? Hey I remember when MTV had you know actual music videos on it. Not anymore…do they even play music vids anymore??

224. 224 | December 2, 2012 6:19 pm

Brainless guidos are OUT, brainless hillbillies are IN. If WTV wanted to be honestly edgy, they’d do brainless Muslims; there’s a billion of ‘em!

225 | December 2, 2012 6:21 pm

MacDuff wrote:

When the brainless hillbillies blow stuff up, they don’t take you with them…

//”Hold my beer…”

226. 226 | December 2, 2012 6:21 pm

@ MacDuff:

WTV=MTV (that’s like vertical dyslexia, no?)

227. John Difool
    227 | December 2, 2012 6:21 pm

Well, at least they have more teeth than tats.

That’s rare in them parts.

228. Lily
    228 | December 2, 2012 6:22 pm

MacDuff wrote:
    When the brainless hillbillies blow stuff up, they don’t take you with them…

No they don’t.

229. Lily
    229 | December 2, 2012 6:23 pm

”Hold my beer…”

Wait …I’ve heard that before.

230. John Difool
    230 | December 2, 2012 6:26 pm

”Hold my beer…”
    Wait …I’ve heard that before.

We say it here almost ever day.

231. Lily
    231 | December 2, 2012 6:26 pm

@ MacDuff:
    WTV=MTV (that’s like vertical dyslexia, no?)

Kinda of! LOL!
    /no really it’s your commie keyboard messing with you. 8-)

232 | December 2, 2012 6:27 pm

”Hold my beer…”

Wait …I’ve heard that before.

I always tell my students that “Hold my beer” is not a proper range command.

233. 233 | December 2, 2012 6:27 pm

Lily wrote:

They seem to like stereotypes so I have a great idea for them, how about some black single parent welfare households with their thug teens running the streets of Chicago or, better yet, Detroit?

234. brookly red
    234 | December 2, 2012 6:28 pm

Lily wrote:

hey I keep trying to tell people not to watch TV… they say oh, but the football, oh but the weather channel, oh but, oh but… oh but your all a bunch of fucking drug addicts in denial. Resist the devil and he will flee from you, watch TV and you might as well invite him for dinner.

235. 235 | December 2, 2012 6:28 pm

@ MacDuff:

WTV=MTV (that’s like vertical dyslexia, no?)

Well at least you didn’t write HTB (that’s Russian, not English!)….

236. Lily
    236 | December 2, 2012 6:28 pm

John Difool wrote:

”Hold my beer…”
    Wait …I’ve heard that before.
    We say it here almost ever day.

Where’s here? Brookly is interested in where everyone is posting from and darn it…I forgot Colorado too.. add that state to your list Brookly. ;)

237. 237 | December 2, 2012 6:30 pm

Meeecheeegan heeere!

238. Lily
    238 | December 2, 2012 6:30 pm

”Hold my beer…”
    Wait …I’ve heard that before.
    I always tell my students that “Hold my beer” is not a proper range command.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

239. John Difool
    239 | December 2, 2012 6:32 pm

John Difool wrote:
    ”Hold my beer…”
    Wait …I’ve heard that before.
    We say it here almost ever day.

Richmond, Virginia

240 | December 2, 2012 6:33 pm

@ MacDuff:

Dream on…

241. Lily
    241 | December 2, 2012 6:33 pm

Lily wrote:

Chicago or Detroit? Either would be good…I think I saw an article and I’m guessing 15 shot 9 dead all in one night in Chicago and those numbers might be inflated..but it was something along those lines.

242. brookly red
    242 | December 2, 2012 6:36 pm

Lily wrote:

security cams on the 10 o clock news…

243. brookly red
    243 | December 2, 2012 6:37 pm

Lily wrote:

meanwhile 3 dead in Afghanistan…

244. Lily
    244 | December 2, 2012 6:38 pm

Lily wrote:

You know there is some truth in that. I’m rather careful what I watch..and normally either DVD or through streaming. There was a Saint back in the day that prophesied about the dangers of books and information in the future that will be very dangerous spiritually and to resist it. Everytime you say that I think back to that Saint.

245. Lily
    245 | December 2, 2012 6:39 pm

Macker wrote:

Meeecheeegan heeere!

Another to add Brookly~!

246. Lily
    246 | December 2, 2012 6:40 pm

@ John Difool:

Yeehah…another state to the list! ;)
    /I think “hold my beer” does go with the South in some sense. 8-)

247. Lily
    247 | December 2, 2012 6:41 pm

@ Lily:

Unless they are drinking whiskey…then it’s “Hold my drink”. 8-)

248. Lily
    248 | December 2, 2012 6:42 pm

@ brookly red:

Yep and guess what I think it was by friendlies again …correct me if I’m wrong.

249 | December 2, 2012 6:44 pm

@ brookly red:

Yep and guess what I think it was by friendlies again …correct me if I’m wrong.

They don’t sound so friendly to me…

250. Lily
    250 | December 2, 2012 6:47 pm

@ MacDuff:

Dream on…

Yep never going to happen. Not that reality…but there is a series called “Gangland”…..

251. Lily
    251 | December 2, 2012 6:49 pm

@ brookly red:

Yep and guess what I think it was by friendlies again …correct me if I’m wrong.

They don’t sound so friendly to me…

They are not…but we are training them for some reason. Our guys and gals over there must really have a moral problem with things like this going on and D.C. in such a disconnect.

252. 252 | December 2, 2012 6:50 pm

What position did he play? :D :D

Sorry, I just couldn’t resist that one!

253. Lily
    253 | December 2, 2012 6:51 pm

@ MacDuff:

LOL! I knew someone was going to do that! :lol:

254. Calo
    254 | December 2, 2012 7:03 pm

John Difool wrote:

Well, at least they have more teeth than tats.

That’s rare in them parts.

Bwahhh!

You are a rotten soul.

God love you Mr DiFool.

255. Lily
    255 | December 2, 2012 7:05 pm

John Difool wrote:
    Well, at least they have more teeth than tats.
    That’s rare in them parts.
    Bwahhh!
    You are a rotten soul.
    God love you Mr DiFool.

Well if you are talking Hillbillies…he isn’t all that far off. LOL!

256. Calo
    256 | December 2, 2012 7:08 pm

Sorry, Miss Lily.

That one caught my attention. :evil:

257. Lily
    257 | December 2, 2012 7:09 pm

I’ve been watching a show called Primeval and it’s made by the BBC…unreal..it’s about dinosaurs coming through from the past through openings in the space/time whatever. They go after the dino’s with no guns and in many cases no weapons. Really?? No wonder Europe likes our shows better. I thought our shows were stupid. Sometimes though stupid shows gets ones minds off of things. LOL!

258. John Difool
    258 | December 2, 2012 7:09 pm

John Difool wrote:
    Well, at least they have more teeth than tats.
    That’s rare in them parts.
    Bwahhh!
    You are a rotten soul.
    God love you Mr DiFool.
    Well if you are talking Hillbillies…he isn’t all that far off. LOL!

how so?

259. Lily
    259 | December 2, 2012 7:12 pm

Sorry, Miss Lily.
    That one caught my attention.

LOL!!! Hillbillies are from a certain region of the south…northern Mississippi, Tennessee, both Virgina’s and what not. They are a bit different than your normal southerner. They talk real fast, drink a lot of beer and are teeth challenged sometimes. LOL!

260. brookly red
    260 | December 2, 2012 7:16 pm

@ brookly red:

Yep and guess what I think it was by friendlies again …correct me if I’m wrong.

They don’t sound so friendly to me…

you missed my point. 3 dead in Afghanistan in a war vs the Taliban 6 dead in Chicago on an average day. Who is more dangerous? The Taliban or the Liberals?
    Now add in the dead in all the other Democrat ruled cities and you got a US murder rate of about 75 a day.

261. Lily
    261 | December 2, 2012 7:18 pm

@ brookly red:
    Yep and guess what I think it was by friendlies again …correct me if I’m wrong.
    They don’t sound so friendly to me…

Yes I did miss your point and it is a very good point..more dead here in America on the average day than are the enemy we are supposed to be fighting. Sorry about that.

262. John Difool
    262 | December 2, 2012 7:21 pm

Sorry, Miss Lily.
    That one caught my attention.

Here’s what it means to me to be a Virginian, but an American first & foremost

263. brookly red
    263 | December 2, 2012 7:23 pm

Lily wrote:

don’t be sorry just be a witness We have more gunshot victims per day in liberal gun control cities than in war zones.

264. Lily
    264 | December 2, 2012 7:26 pm

@ John Difool:

Of course American first and foremost. I come from a state of mismashed cultures but American first and foremost.

265. Lily
    265 | December 2, 2012 7:28 pm

Lily wrote:

I have noticed it thanks to you pointing that out. Indeed in those liberal cities you have a lot of deaths.

266. Lily
    266 | December 2, 2012 7:31 pm

@ John Difool:

Oh and I meant no offense..I have hillbillies as relatives..my grandfather did moonshine.

267 | December 2, 2012 7:31 pm

For a career second stringer (I don’t mean that in a bad way) Charlie Batch made a good accounting for himself today. I always liked him.

268. John Difool
    268 | December 2, 2012 7:32 pm

@ John Difool:

I come from the state where it all started. The first Thanksgiving, the Mother of presidents, the place where the capitol of another country once stood briefly and where another country that subjugated us under it’s crown met it’s demise not once, but twice.

Richmond is the only city in the U.S. or in the world that was ever burned down completely, not once, but three times.

Twice against the crown, once against the flag.

269. Lily
    269 | December 2, 2012 7:32 pm

@ Lily:

made and ran moonshine back in the day that is.

270. 270 | December 2, 2012 7:32 pm

OT drive by comment for those who are following the story:

271. Lily
    271 | December 2, 2012 7:34 pm

@ John Difool:

Very true a lot of history there. A lot.

272. Lily
    272 | December 2, 2012 7:34 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Yes he did do a good job…Pittsburg won!!

273 | December 2, 2012 7:35 pm

brookly red wrote:

security cams on the 10 o clock news…

Great idea for a new reality show. “Real Security Cams of Rahmland”. They could run it between “Cops” and “Wildest Police Videos”.

274. 274 | December 2, 2012 7:37 pm

@ Lily:

[Smacks Forehead] Ay-yi-yi! Another former Lions player who makes good elsewhere….

275. Lily
    275 | December 2, 2012 7:38 pm

@ Macker:

I know how you feel. ;)

276. Calo
    276 | December 2, 2012 7:39 pm

@ Bunk X:
    I am.

Thanks, Bunk.

277. brookly red
    277 | December 2, 2012 7:40 pm

huckfunn wrote:

heh, Rahmland. It might run for one season, but after that people grow tired of watching the same murder over and over.

278 | December 2, 2012 7:45 pm

@ brookly red:

Very few US deaths in Afghanistan are due to gunshots.

279 | December 2, 2012 7:46 pm

@ Lily:

made and ran moonshine back in the day that is.

Have you seen this? Just came out on DVD this week.

It wasn’t bad.

280 | December 2, 2012 7:49 pm

@ brookly red:

I’m amazed that they’re still able to come up with new ideas on CSI after all these seasons.

I think my favorite was the guy who was killed accidentally by a raccoon-turned-projectile.

281. Lily
    281 | December 2, 2012 7:50 pm

No but I rented it just last night! Was going to watch it tonight.

282 | December 2, 2012 7:52 pm

283. 283 | December 2, 2012 7:55 pm

I reading that this suicidal KC Chiefs player had had some head injury problems. This head injury issue in football, at all levels, hasn’t even begun to crest.

284. Lily
    284 | December 2, 2012 7:56 pm

@ brookly red:

Well all you have to do is look back at all the real things that did happen…endless amounts of ideas to come from. I just watched a show where 5 people were killed in a house. Was it murder? The woman appear to have been attacked because her clothing was amiss….the previous renters had a beef with the landlord…so what happened? Come to find out the landlord was cheap and fixed everything himself and put a coil in backwards in the heater which made the flow of carbon monoxide flow into the house instead of out of the house. Tragic all the way around and true. Carbon monoxide poisioning can cause tummy aches which explains the womans clothes disarrayed.

285. Lily
    285 | December 2, 2012 7:58 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Yes but him and his girlfriend were also fighting a lot too. So no telling where this will go.

286 | December 2, 2012 7:59 pm

MacDuff wrote:

This head injury issue in football, at all levels, hasn’t even begun to crest.

What now, NFL head bailouts?

287. Lily
    287 | December 2, 2012 7:59 pm

@ MacDuff:

Oh and the girlfriend was shot several times if I remember correctly..overkill…rage.

288 | December 2, 2012 8:00 pm

huckfunn wrote:

MacDuff wrote:
    This head injury issue in football, at all levels, hasn’t even begun to crest.
    What now, NFL head bailouts?

other way around…the NFL is the most successful business in the history of humons

289 | December 2, 2012 8:01 pm

I had Fox News on while I was cooking dinner, and I heard them mention a multiple homicide in LA. It seems 4 people were found lined up on the front lawn of a house, all shot in the head.

The anchor said that police say it “doesn’t appear random.”

//Gee…ya think?

290. Lily
    290 | December 2, 2012 8:03 pm

The anchor said that police say it “doesn’t appear random.”
    //Gee…ya think?

Under-statement there. Police don’t care to give too much information to reporters …when they have something like this.

291. Lily
    291 | December 2, 2012 8:05 pm

@ Lily:

In fact I’d bet money the reporters asked if this was a random act of violence.

292 | December 2, 2012 8:07 pm

@ Lily:

If it had been in NYC instead of LA, Bloomberg would have blamed Tea Partiers.

293. Lily
    293 | December 2, 2012 8:10 pm

Probably…the media can be a nightmare for police on a case like this. They are already under pressure with that many people being killed and the media puts even more pressure.

294. Lily
    294 | December 2, 2012 8:14 pm

Why would the obama administration be involved with this?????

Florida School Replaces Baby Jesus With Frosty The Snowman After Pressure From Obama Admin…

Frosty the Snowman is there — and so is Santa Claus.

But the Baby Jesus is stuffed inside a closet at Cottondale Elementary School — leaving many residents of this small town in the Florida panhandle outraged.

The Nativity scene had been a part of the school’s holiday lawn decorations for years. But this year the yuletide display is strictly secular.

Principal Brenda Jones told television station WJHG the decision to keep Baby Jesus in the closet came after an official with the Dept. of Education dropped by to discuss the separation of church and state.

“The Dept. of Education came in and talked to us about the legalities of religion in the school systems and the separation of the two,” Jones told the television station.

295. 295 | December 2, 2012 8:15 pm

If it had been in NYC instead of LA, Bloomberg would have blamed Tea Partiers.

Or the accursed bottle babies.

296. citizen_q
    296 | December 2, 2012 8:21 pm

@ Lily:
    Wonder what their position is on mo-ham-head?

Cynical me, would not be surprised with a double-standard with respect to is-lame.

297. Lily
    297 | December 2, 2012 8:23 pm

@ citizen_q:

What has happened to our country????

298. 298 | December 2, 2012 8:23 pm

citizen_q wrote:

@ Lily:
    Wonder what their position is on mo-ham-head?

It doesn’t take a lot of courage to kick a dog that doesn’t bite.

299. Lily
    299 | December 2, 2012 8:26 pm

citizen_q wrote:
    @ Lily:
    Wonder what their position is on mo-ham-head?
    It doesn’t take a lot of courage to kick a dog that doesn’t bite.

There is no where in our constitution a seperation of Church and State? Only that the State cannot impose a religion on it’s people like the Church of England. Freedom of Religion..not Freedom FROM Religion. Isn’t this a direct violation of our First Amendment rights? By the Dept. of Education???

300. citizen_q
    300 | December 2, 2012 8:28 pm

@ Lily:
    Things do seem a mess. Evil is firmly entrenched like a tapeworm.

@ MacDuff:
    Well put!

301. Lily
    301 | December 2, 2012 8:30 pm

@ citizen_q:

Yes it is..it is un-nerving to be honest this rejection of God! Nothing good can come from this. Nothing.

302 | December 2, 2012 8:30 pm

@ 294 Lily:
    IMO some national churches need to take the government to court on issues of separation of church and state. Public schools are for everyone not just the secular religion. If they want taxes from all to support them. There are aspects of religions that require a cultural habit throughout a day.

a catholic school is home to catholic immmersion. A public school should in a way represent comparative religion and be ok with it’s expression. Or they shouldn’t be using the word holiday in any way shape or form. and then edit it out of every book in the library.

303. Lily
    303 | December 2, 2012 8:33 pm

@ darkwords:

It’s unreal what is going on. And believe it or not there are a lot of Christians that aren’t seeing this!!!!! They are not listening to the Church they are listening to the damn propaganda on TV!!! Someone close to me who is supposedly a devout Catholic now finds In God We Trust offensive on our money!!!!!!!!!!! WTH????

304. citizen_q
    304 | December 2, 2012 8:35 pm

@ Lily:
    In this aspect, I am glad that we don’t have children. I don’t think I would deal with well this kine of silliness..

305. 305 | December 2, 2012 8:35 pm

Lily wrote:
    I’ve seen women with more arm on that!
    is that a Moochelle joke?

Yup. But they’d have to give everybody rabies shots before allowing her on the field.

@ MacDuff:
    Dream on…

If it got on television even MORE people would start emulating the evil of thug culture.

306. Lily
    306 | December 2, 2012 8:39 pm

citizen_q wrote:

@ Lily:

I have two sons who are well out of the school system. It’s my grandchildren that I worry for. I have given my son a good and firm religious foundation hopefully he will pass this on to his children.
    This is trying to rub out God in our culture. Very un-nerving.

307. Lily
    307 | December 2, 2012 8:40 pm

Nite all…have a good one! :)

308. citizen_q
    308 | December 2, 2012 8:42 pm

Good night!

309. 309 | December 2, 2012 9:01 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    I think I’m the only Louisiana poster here.

Luling, LA here. NOT Luling, TX. People always confuse the two.
    I don’t post too often though.

310. Calo

8) went to pass hit back, stick accidently hits the players gut
    9) referee got in the way
    10) played the man, recovered the puck
    11) those players shouldn’t have been leaning over the bench like that

312. 313 | December 2, 2012 10:19 pm

@ MacDuff:
    Oh wait. You said football. Nevermind.

313. 314 | December 2, 2012 10:34 pm

@ Lily:
    An overuse of abbreviations and punctuation, combined with a misunderstanding of it’s usage, and basic grammer/spelling rules. IMO.

314. 315 | December 2, 2012 10:41 pm

@ darkwords:
    Cain’t teach history without teaching about religion.