Okay, I just had to find out what “Gangnam Style” is all about

by 1389AD ( 133 Comments › )
Filed under Music, Open thread at December 6th, 2012 - 6:00 pm

Being older than dirt, all I knew about “Gangnam Style” is that it had something to do with a viral music video on YouTube. Because the video has fueled various takeoffs and parodies, some of them political, I figured it was time to see what it was all about.

PSY – GANGNAM STYLE (강남스타일) M/V

Published on Jul 15, 2012 by | #1 on the YouTube 100

PSY – Gangnam Style (강남스타일)
▶ NOW available on iTunes: http://Smarturl.it/psygangnam
▶ Official PSY Online Store US & International : http://psy.shop.bravadousa.com/
▶ About PSY from YG Ent.: http://smarturl.it/YGfamilyAboutPSY
▶ PSY’s Products on eBay: http://stores.ebay.com/ygentertainment
▶ YG-eShop: http://www.ygeshop.com

For More Information @
App Store: http://goo.gl/l9TU6
Google Play: http://goo.gl/UiEn1

© YG Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.

From Wiki:

Gangnam Style” (Korean: 강남스타일, IPA: [kaŋnam sɯtʰail]) is a K-pop single by South Korean musician PSY. The song was released on July 15, 2012, as the lead single of his sixth studio album PSY 6 (Six Rules), Part 1. “Gangnam Style” debuted at number one on the Gaon Chart, the national record chart of South Korea. As of December 4, 2012, the music video has been viewed over 884 million times on YouTube, and is the site’s most watched video after surpassing Justin Bieber’s single “Baby.”

The phrase “Gangnam Style” is a Korean neologism that refers to a lifestyle associated with the Gangnam District of Seoul. The song and its accompanying music video went viral in August 2012 and have influenced popular culture since then.
[...]
“Gangnam Style” is a Korean neologism that refers to a lifestyle associated with the Gangnam district of Seoul, where people are trendy, hip and exude a certain supposed “class.” The term was listed in Times weekly vocabulary list as a manner associated with lavish lifestyles in Seoul’s Gangnam district. Psy likened the Gangnam District to Beverly Hills, California, and said in an interview that he intended in a twisted sense of humor by claiming himself to be “Gangnam Style” when everything about the song, dance, looks, and the music video is far from being such a high class.

People who are actually from Gangnam never proclaim that they are—it’s only the posers and wannabes that put on these airs and say that they are “Gangnam Style”—so this song is actually poking fun at those kinds of people who are trying so hard to be something that they’re not.

—Psy

The song talks about “the perfect girlfriend who knows when to be refined and when to get wild.” The song’s refrain “오빤 강남 스타일 (Oppan Gangnam style)” has been translated as “Big brother is Gangnam style,” with Psy referring to himself; “Oppa” is a Korean expression used by females to refer to an older male friend or older brother. During an interview with The New York Times, Psy revealed that the Korean fans have huge expectations about his dancing, so he felt a lot of pressure. In order to keep up with expectations, he studied hard to find something new and stayed up late for about 30 nights to come up with the “Gangnam Style” dance. Along the way, he had tested various “cheesy” animal-inspired dance moves with his choreographer, including panda and kangaroo moves, before settling for the horse trot, which involves pretending to ride a horse, alternately holding the reins and spinning a lasso, and moving into a legs-shuffling side gallop.
[...]
More here.

From Urban Dictionary:

(Warning: Urban Dictionary is NSFW because of over-the-top language on the site.)

1. A Korean song written by Korean singer Psy.
  2. “Gangnam” means “south(nam) of the river(gang)” in Korean. In this song, the “river(gang)” is the Han River, which penetrates the City of Seoul, capital of South Korea. The northern part of Seoul(gangbuk) has been the capital of Korea since the early 15th century. Development of Gangnam and expansion of Seoul started in 1970s. Gangnam is the icon of the rapid economic development of South Korea in 1970s and 80s. Mostly benefited from skyrocketing real estate price followed by planned economic development, Gangnam has become the most wealthy area in the entire South Korea. “Gangnam” is being regarded as the place where people are rich, girls are pretty and everything is supposed to be cool.

I’m not rich enough to have fun in Gangnam Style.

Also see:

Tags: , , ,

Comments

133 Responses to “Okay, I just had to find out what “Gangnam Style” is all about”

1. 1 | December 6, 2012 6:34 pm

Great. Now that I know, I could still not care less. But thanks for saving a lot of us from having to bother looking it up ourselves. Not that I would have, mind you.

2 | December 6, 2012 6:34 pm

I was pretty good doin the Twist

3. 3 | December 6, 2012 6:36 pm

@ Mike C.:
    Well, excuuuuuse me.

If you think the thread is that useless, why did you comment on it?

*facepalm*

4. Mars
    4 | December 6, 2012 6:37 pm

As an old school movie lover, my favorite version is Lo-Pan style. Even features James Hong in it.

5 | December 6, 2012 6:37 pm

Mike C. wrote:

Ditto

6. eaglesoars
    6 | December 6, 2012 6:39 pm

I HATE THAT MUSIC

7. 7 | December 6, 2012 6:42 pm

Already 3 people hate the thread?

It’s an open thread. Go ahead and post your own music, videos, links, and so forth here.

8. song_and_dance_man
    8 | December 6, 2012 6:42 pm

It’s the Korean version of a Macarena type song.

9. 9 | December 6, 2012 6:48 pm

heysoos wrote:

I was pretty good doin the Twist

Me too.

My hamstrings would shatter if I tried that now. I’m just not flexible enough to do stuff like that. And after the brain surgery I didn’t have enough coordination to dance at all.

10 | December 6, 2012 6:48 pm

I’m 61 and can still bust a move…my kids are always asking me to do it

12. 12 | December 6, 2012 6:50 pm

Mars wrote:

Found this on YouTube. No idea what it means:

13 | December 6, 2012 6:51 pm

@ 1389AD:

Nobody said that they hate the thread.

We just hate the stupid song.

14. eaglesoars
    14 | December 6, 2012 6:52 pm

1389AD wrote:

Already 3 people hate the thread?

I don’t hate the thread! It’s interesting info.

15. song_and_dance_man
    15 | December 6, 2012 6:52 pm

1389AD wrote:

Go ahead and post your own music, videos, links, and so forth here.

OK

As a lover of dance and song(music), I’ve been watching vids like this with what is called dubstep music.

16. 16 | December 6, 2012 6:53 pm

heysoos wrote:

“do the Locomotion”…the greatest dance song evah
    somebody post it

17. 17 | December 6, 2012 6:54 pm

heysoos wrote:

I’m 61 and can still bust a move…my kids are always asking me to do it

Kudos to you!

18 | December 6, 2012 6:54 pm

I come from a long line of musicians, whistlers, singers and hummers, dancers, and all around expressive people…my dad used to burst out in song and dance, anytime/anyplace…I’d do a hula if you asked me nice

19. eaglesoars

thanx

21 | December 6, 2012 6:57 pm

Kylie Minogue is better looking:

22. eaglesoars
    22 | December 6, 2012 6:58 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

with what is called dubstep music.

why is it called that?

signed

clueless

23. 23 | December 6, 2012 7:00 pm

1389AD wrote:

@ Mike C.:
    Well, excuuuuuse me.
    If you think the thread is that useless, why did you comment on it?
    *facepalm*

Uh, didn’t I thank you for bothering to look the term up and report on it? I think I did…. Now I know. I don’t care, but at least I know.

24. song_and_dance_man
    24 | December 6, 2012 7:05 pm

why is it called that?

I think because the music is dubbed from existing music, sorta like what the early rappers and re-mixers did and do, and there are steps in what they produce musically and in the dance. That’s why it has that sort of robotic sound to it.

Here’s another cool one.

25. Mars
    25 | December 6, 2012 7:06 pm

From downthread.

26. song_and_dance_man
    26 | December 6, 2012 7:07 pm

heysoos wrote:

…my dad used to burst out in song and dance, anytime/anyplace…

I’ve been doing that all my life, and still do it at work almost everyday.

27. 27 | December 6, 2012 7:07 pm

Looks like some colons require stick extraction

28. 28 | December 6, 2012 7:07 pm

Mike C. wrote:

1389AD wrote:
    @ Mike C.:
    Well, excuuuuuse me.
    If you think the thread is that useless, why did you comment on it?
    *facepalm*

Well, okay, you’re welcome!

song_and_dance_man wrote:
    with what is called dubstep music.
    why is it called that?
    signed
    clueless

Not much of an answer, to be sure.

Still not clear where the name came from.

29. 29 | December 6, 2012 7:09 pm

Dance, eh? Okay. Still cracks me up every time I see it. And the younger daughter, who used to teach Irish step dancing, assures me the moves are correct.

30. eaglesoars
    30 | December 6, 2012 7:11 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Well I don’t like that sound but I DO like the moves. Remember that scene in Flashdance where that kid in the park was dancing? What was it called? ‘vogueing’ or something?

31 | December 6, 2012 7:12 pm

my older sister was a huge Elvis fan…she’s five years older than me and probably my best friend to this day, she got me into the blues and r/r…anyway I was about 7-8 years old and her and another sis dressed me up like Elvis for Halloween…I remember they taught me how to thrust my hips in circles, put all this mascara or black stuff on me for sideburns, Marney ‘borrowed’ a whig, the chopped it and slathered it and sprayed it with SuperNet or whatever it was…then they both took me out to trick or treat…two older sisters and their kid brother…who does that anymore…my dad got it on film with his old 8mm Kodak movie camera and that film is sitting not twenty feet from me as I type….needless to say, even tho most of it went over head at the time, I was a sensation

32 | December 6, 2012 7:14 pm

33 | December 6, 2012 7:15 pm

@ 7 1389AD: Not hate the thread i think, but hate the musical idea of it. The same way a person hates a car wreck. I have been wanting to know this but never spent any time looking it up. Makes more sense now. :-)

Still not sure why it is popular outside of Korea?

34. eaglesoars
    34 | December 6, 2012 7:15 pm

Mike C. wrote:

assures me the moves are correct.

Apparently so. It looks like a satire of Riverdance

35 | December 6, 2012 7:15 pm

@ heysoos: Little Eva? Chubby Checker?

36. song_and_dance_man
    36 | December 6, 2012 7:16 pm

@ Mike C.:
    That was great. America’s Got Talent and all the other nations versions are a great place to find some of the most entertaining vids.

37. 37 | December 6, 2012 7:17 pm

There are some great Youtube gangnam parodies. I like the “Singaporean style” one.

38. 38 | December 6, 2012 7:18 pm

darkwords wrote:

Still not sure why it is popular outside of Korea?

I think mainly because it’s silly, and so a good stand-in for “rickrolling”.

39 | December 6, 2012 7:20 pm

My 60′s dance music was Ballad of the Green Beret in the Eastside Cafe eating potato chips with ketchup. Imaginations of jungle fighting heorics.

40. song_and_dance_man
    40 | December 6, 2012 7:22 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

If you mean the old version I don’t recall having not seen it since it was released. If it’s the newer one, I haven’t seen that one. Vogueing was a dance style where the dancers would dance in the round and one by one they would come out and try to out dance each other. Poses woud be struck in a competitive way. We used to dance like that in the 80′s.

41. brookly red
    41 | December 6, 2012 7:22 pm

darkwords wrote:

Still not sure why it is popular outside of Korea?

cause he has a freakin fantastic PR team, and that’s the only reason :)

42 | December 6, 2012 7:23 pm

@ 41 brookly red: Let’s run him for POTUS in 2016 then. More than enough time to perfect a few new moves.

43. song_and_dance_man
    43 | December 6, 2012 7:25 pm

Time to get beer. bbl

44 | December 6, 2012 7:26 pm

My sense of humor goes up and down with how tight the girlfriend is making the budget by buying shoes. I have a pair of tennis shoes and a pair of loafers. She’ll have a gangnam style pair here before long.

45. 45 | December 6, 2012 7:26 pm

An old favorite dance scene from a pretty good movie…

46. brookly red
    46 | December 6, 2012 7:27 pm

darkwords wrote:

awwww don’t be silly to be president you have to be a natural bor…

never mind.

47. 47 | December 6, 2012 7:29 pm

Mike C. wrote:
    assures me the moves are correct.
    Apparently so. It looks like a satire of Riverdance

My younger daughter says the later ones were spot-on parodies of RiverDance, and she’s seen RiverDance and Flatley many a time.

48. eaglesoars
    48 | December 6, 2012 7:29 pm

The original and I found it -- it’s breakdancing

49. 49 | December 6, 2012 7:33 pm

Also if you start a new dance move to go with your catchy song, you can get people to “ironically” dance to it in da club.

50 | December 6, 2012 7:35 pm

@ 49 Zimriel: In college they made up a dance called the alligator. It seemed to catch on like a mass hysteria. You couldn’t get a date without doing the alligator first.

51 | December 6, 2012 7:36 pm

I never watch dance. But have seen it done very well a few times. Makes me jealous that someone can take their body and twist it to a song like that and make an emotion.

52. 52 | December 6, 2012 7:39 pm

Here, we call it “Berkeley.”

53. eaglesoars
    53 | December 6, 2012 7:47 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Here, we call it “Berkeley.”

:twisted:

54. Mars
    54 | December 6, 2012 7:48 pm

A prime example of how we are always running defense in interviews.

This should have been a straight no interview with a charismatic up and coming superstar. Instead it’s an article and interview about how the evil republicans are religious fanatics and science deniers.

Any bets that their next attack will be the AGW hoax.

55 | December 6, 2012 7:50 pm

Good Zimmmerman news to me.

56. song_and_dance_man
    56 | December 6, 2012 7:51 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Oh yeah, I remember that now.

57. Mars
    57 | December 6, 2012 7:52 pm

darkwords wrote:

Good Zimmmerman news to me.

I’m glad he’s still fighting. The media is the enemy of all free men and women.

58. 58 | December 6, 2012 7:54 pm

Cripes, see what this started? Probably the second-best dance scene in a movie…

The best? Don’t be silly…

59. 59 | December 6, 2012 7:57 pm

I think here in Redneck country we call that sub urban style. Not to be confused with suburban either btw.

60. Mars
    60 | December 6, 2012 7:57 pm

61. song_and_dance_man
    61 | December 6, 2012 7:57 pm

darkwords wrote:

I got to see Barisnikov and the ABT perform the Sleeping Beauty. Amazing to watch up close. Dancers at this level are like Olympians. At the top of physical power and performance.

62 | December 6, 2012 7:59 pm

Gene, and Fred before him, took dancing into the stratosphere…everything since is a result of them

63 | December 6, 2012 8:00 pm

@ darkwords:

Still not sure why it is popular outside of Korea?

It’s popular in the US because at least 52% of the American people are friggin’ morons, as shown on November 6th.

64. 64 | December 6, 2012 8:03 pm

darkwords wrote:

Good Zimmmerman news to me.

Thats what happens when you beat a defenseless black choirboy and mercilessly shoot him.

Oh wait…

65 | December 6, 2012 8:03 pm

@ darkwords:
    Still not sure why it is popular outside of Korea?

dancing is apolitical….show some humor bro

66. song_and_dance_man
    66 | December 6, 2012 8:03 pm

Me Ole Bamboo. Dike van Dyke

67. Prebanned
    67 | December 6, 2012 8:04 pm

68 | December 6, 2012 8:06 pm

@ heysoos:

dancing is apolitical….show some humor bro

I have no sense of humor.

I had to sell it to pay my share of someone’s Obamaphone bill.

69. eaglesoars
    69 | December 6, 2012 8:07 pm

I got to see Barisnikov and the ABT perform the Sleeping Beauty

I saw him in the Nutcracker.

gulp

70. song_and_dance_man
    70 | December 6, 2012 8:08 pm

I had to sell it to pay my share of someone’s Obamaphone bill.

I wonder if they come with pre-loaded numbers to every entitlement dept. the Fed has to offer.

71. Mars
    71 | December 6, 2012 8:09 pm

I got to see Barisnikov and the ABT perform the Sleeping Beauty
    I saw him in the Nutcracker.
    gulp

I saw him in this. lol.

72. Prebanned
    72 | December 6, 2012 8:14 pm

REM0TEKONTROL

73. song_and_dance_man
    73 | December 6, 2012 8:15 pm

@ Prebanned:
    I love that show. Did you catch this guy from this last season. Again, more dubstep.

74. eaglesoars
    74 | December 6, 2012 8:15 pm

Mars wrote:

I got to see Barisnikov and the ABT perform the Sleeping Beauty
    I saw him in the Nutcracker.
    gulp

I saw him in this. lol.

That was a great movie -- but it was a movie. I saw him in person.

Best

Body

On

An

Adult

75. song_and_dance_man
    75 | December 6, 2012 8:19 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

I saw him in the Nutcracker.

He was freaking amazing. Being close to the stage, maybe six rows, we could slightly hear their foot fall on the floor and see the extraordinary ability to maintain balance. It’s the only ballet I’ve ever been to, but it was worth the price. Which IIRC was considerable and far above the price to see a concert from a rock band.

76. eaglesoars
    76 | December 6, 2012 8:20 pm

I wish O’Reilly would shut up about Bob Costas

I wish Bob Costas would shut up about Bob Costas

77. brookly red
    77 | December 6, 2012 8:21 pm

Mars wrote:

darkwords wrote:

Good Zimmmerman news to me.

I’m glad he’s still fighting. The media is the enemy of all free men and women.

he has a very strong case, I don’t see how they could let it cone to trial. here is my interesting case of the day…http://freebeacon.com/bailout-on-the-brink/

78. eaglesoars
    78 | December 6, 2012 8:21 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

The acoustics in your venue were a hell of a lot better than mine -- at Kennedy Center. We were in nose bleed and it was distracting

79 | December 6, 2012 8:21 pm

I think the main reason I have no sense of humor at the moment is that I was just listening to Mark Levin in the car on my way back from the bank.

He started taking calls from liberals, hoping that one of them could explain what the “fair” tax rate is, and what they would cut.

The last person he talked to before I got home was so math-challenged that he could only have been a member of Congress. The guy kept insisting that increasing the top marginal rate from 36 to 39.6% was only a 3.6% increase, rather than the 10% increase that it actually represents.

And then, he claimed that it would only mean that someone earning $300,000 would have to pay $300 more a year.

No wonder these idiots voted for Obama…

80. song_and_dance_man
    80 | December 6, 2012 8:22 pm

@ Prebanned:
    That was tough.

81 | December 6, 2012 8:24 pm

@ brookly red:

he has a very strong case, I don’t see how they could let it cone to trial

It’s called being a state employee. There’s no downside to losing for the prosecutor, after all.

82. song_and_dance_man
    82 | December 6, 2012 8:26 pm

I wish O’Reilly would shut up about Bob Costas

I wish Bill would have said to Bob, ‘bite me’ and then say…oh wait.

83. Prebanned
    83 | December 6, 2012 8:27 pm

@ darkwords:
    Still not sure why it is popular outside of Korea?

I like it because it is fun and takes my mind off of the stupid 52%.

84. eaglesoars
    84 | December 6, 2012 8:27 pm

No wonder these idiots voted for Obama…

They don’t understand marginal tax rates

85 | December 6, 2012 8:28 pm

@ Prebanned:

I like it because it is fun and takes my mind off of the stupid 52%.

I go to the range for that.

86. song_and_dance_man
    86 | December 6, 2012 8:28 pm

Best

Body

On

An

Adult

For some odd reason if someones nic here doesn’t suggest gender, like Carolina Girl etc., I assume they are male. The ‘GULP’ was a tell, but that last comment is solid. Now I know. ;-)

87. brookly red
    87 | December 6, 2012 8:28 pm

that too but I was referring to his law suite against NBC

88 | December 6, 2012 8:30 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

No wonder these idiots voted for Obama…

They don’t understand marginal tax rates

They don’t seem to understand much of anything. Another guy was yapping about the Iraq war, as if that’s why Obama is borrowing $4 billion a day.

89. song_and_dance_man
    89 | December 6, 2012 8:30 pm

Mars wrote:

I saw him in this. lol.

I never got tap dance. It’s cool, but if I go out to dance I can’t see myself breaking out tap shoes.

90. eaglesoars
    90 | December 6, 2012 8:32 pm

Now I know.

You must’ve missed all the times I’ve said something about ‘Hubby’, but yeah, I’m a girl. A rather old one but………

91. eaglesoars
    91 | December 6, 2012 8:34 pm

All Levin had to do was ask if they know what baseline budgeting is -- aside from a ripoff.

92. song_and_dance_man
    92 | December 6, 2012 8:34 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

The acoustics in your venue were a hell of a lot better than mine

maybe that was it. I think I saw it at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion which was constructed for such things. Plus, the orchestra was in a deep pit. Being close was a plus.

93. 93 | December 6, 2012 8:34 pm

@ darkwords:
    Still not sure why it is popular outside of Korea?

At least the ballot box stuffers are.

Sad, but true.

94. eaglesoars
    94 | December 6, 2012 8:36 pm

There’s no downside to losing for the prosecutor, after all.

If they’re smart, they’ll go after that prosecutor for prescutorial misconduct. I can’t believe Pam Bondi assigned her to the case.

95. brookly red
    96 | December 6, 2012 8:37 pm

OK 4B? I must go for beer now…

96. 97 | December 6, 2012 8:38 pm

@ Prebanned:
    I like it because it is fun and takes my mind off of the stupid 52%.
    I go to the range for that.

Funny -- going to the range focuses me on the 52 %.

My gun nut BiL lives on the east side of the Shenandoah river and when I saw him a couple of weeks back, I told him that just before he goes down in a pile of brass as the FSA crosses the mountain to give us a call so we can be ready. We’re on the western side of the valley. If he can slow them down and thin them out, we’ll get the rest of them.

97. 98 | December 6, 2012 8:38 pm

Mars wrote:
    I saw him in this. lol.

On stage, it lets you pound out an almost hypnotic rhythm.

It’s out of fashion, but I like it.

darkwords wrote:

Good Zimmmerman news to me.

Good for him.

@ eaglesoars:
    I heard that Baryshnikov was quite the womanizer. :(

98. Prebanned
    99 | December 6, 2012 8:39 pm

Yeah, I wanna kill the boosh tax cuts so they get a better idea.
    After giving everything that costs money up, I am making real money again.
    I feel like I should save a bunch so I can cover the next slump, soooo.

99. song_and_dance_man
    100 | December 6, 2012 8:39 pm

No wonder these idiots voted for Obama…

Not all of them are idiots. Some are with the Chair in ruining this country. But they don’t see it that way. The Liberelese they use is code for equalization.

101 | December 6, 2012 8:43 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

No wonder these idiots voted for Obama…

They’re still idiots if they think their plans will cause anything but disaster.

101. Prebanned
    102 | December 6, 2012 8:46 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    I like the music, makes me want to put the system back in the mustang.
    I had to get a police duty alternator to keep from running the batteries down, when the bass hit it was so pure your vision would blur.

102. eaglesoars
    103 | December 6, 2012 8:48 pm

1389AD wrote:

I heard that Baryshnikov was quite the womanizer

Honey, back in the day, he could have womanized me to his [insert body part's] content.

103. 104 | December 6, 2012 8:52 pm

heysoos wrote:

Yup.

104. 105 | December 6, 2012 8:56 pm

@ Mars:
    Wow, that was great! Those guys do some great stuff.

I like the Navy’s Gangnam Style dancer. I really like the tune too, before I even knew what it was about. I thought he was saying gangsta style with an oriental accent. My son set me strait.

105. brookly red
    106 | December 6, 2012 8:58 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

/uhhh, isn’t that the general idea or did I miss something?

106. song_and_dance_man
    107 | December 6, 2012 8:59 pm

Prebanned wrote:

I like the music

So do I. I think it’s a hell of a lot better than what the MC’s did. It’s taken to a whole new level. What I found interesting about it, is it’s usually done by just two guys with a bunch of electronic gadgets. They do this stuff live.

107. song_and_dance_man
    108 | December 6, 2012 9:01 pm

@ Rancher:
    linky no worky

108. eaglesoars
    109 | December 6, 2012 9:01 pm

brookly red wrote:

uhhh, isn’t that the general idea or did I miss something?

well 1389AD’s emoticon was :sad:

109. brookly red
    110 | December 6, 2012 9:03 pm

@ Rancher:
    linky no worky

/they make pills for that now :)

110. brookly red
    111 | December 6, 2012 9:04 pm

brookly red wrote:

uhhh, isn’t that the general idea or did I miss something?

well 1389AD’s emoticon was

OK I guess I missed something…

111. Prebanned
    112 | December 6, 2012 9:07 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    cool

113 | December 6, 2012 9:14 pm

This may have been covered already.
    I took an infrequent trip to LGF today.
    This is from the stranger than fiction file.
    Johnson was on a rant about some guy on Brietbart who
    did a negative piece on Ashley Judd who may run for the Senate
    in Kentucky.
    The guy posted a suggestive pic of her & Charlie went all morally superior
    calling the guy a sleaze and a misogynist.
    Here’s the kicker, Johnson posted the same picture.

113. 114 | December 6, 2012 9:21 pm

1389AD wrote:

Already 3 people hate the thread?

Welcome to the GOP 2012,a party of scolds! As for me I like this song. It has a very sick electro beat. But I am more of a Libertarian, so I am evil because I like Rap and Electro-House according to some Conservatives.

I’m out.

114. eaglesoars
    115 | December 6, 2012 9:22 pm

This is from the stranger than fiction file.

Nah. It’s from the Standard Operating Procedure file -- aka Double Standard

115. song_and_dance_man
    116 | December 6, 2012 9:26 pm

calling the guy a sleaze and a misogynist.

There was a time, long gone now, when Foster foisted those terms on those who deserve it most.

116. Mars
    117 | December 6, 2012 9:27 pm

This may have been covered already.
    I took an infrequent trip to LGF today.
    This is from the stranger than fiction file.
    Johnson was on a rant about some guy on Brietbart who
    did a negative piece on Ashley Judd who may run for the Senate
    in Kentucky.
    The guy posted a suggestive pic of her & Charlie went all morally superior
    calling the guy a sleaze and a misogynist.
    Here’s the kicker, Johnson posted the same picture.

So, you have a woman best known for flashing her breasts in movies. And it’s a no/no to point out that she flashes here breasts in movies?

118 | December 6, 2012 9:28 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

This is from the stranger than fiction file.

Nah. It’s from the Standard Operating Procedure file — aka Double Standard

Terrific double standard when you consider all of the vile things
    that Johnson has said about women.
    Smart , attractive women freak him out.

119 | December 6, 2012 9:29 pm

NO FUN FOR YOU!!!

119. eaglesoars
    120 | December 6, 2012 9:30 pm

Mars wrote:

So, you have a woman best known for flashing her breasts in movies.

I thought that was Demi Moore

121 | December 6, 2012 9:31 pm

@ Mars:

Apparently, but for me the best part is that that dolt Johnson
    turns around and posts the same pic.

121. song_and_dance_man
    122 | December 6, 2012 9:31 pm

123 | December 6, 2012 9:33 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

calling the guy a sleaze and a misogynist.

Actually, it best fits him, Pam Geller, Michelle Malkin, Dana Loesh. He
    sleazes them all.

124 | December 6, 2012 9:36 pm

Good night all.

124. eaglesoars
    125 | December 6, 2012 9:37 pm

nite Rix

125. eaglesoars
    126 | December 6, 2012 10:00 pm

nite all

126. brookly red
    127 | December 6, 2012 10:02 pm

This may have been covered already.
    I took an infrequent trip to LGF today.
    This is from the stranger than fiction file.
    Johnson was on a rant about some guy on Brietbart who
    did a negative piece on Ashley Judd who may run for the Senate
    in Kentucky.
    The guy posted a suggestive pic of her & Charlie went all morally superior
    calling the guy a sleaze and a misogynist.
    Here’s the kicker, Johnson posted the same picture.

Wow. And here I am living a normal healthy, productive life with meaningful work and relationships, trying to maintain a fellowship with my Lord and walking in his light, seeking to find good in all men, and then someone brings up CJ… WTF

127. Philip_Daniel
    128 | December 6, 2012 11:49 pm

128. yenta-fada
    129 | December 7, 2012 1:42 am

@ Philip_Daniel:

*Hug* Thanks, PD.

129. yenta-fada
    130 | December 7, 2012 1:44 am

Prayers for {{{Lily}}}

131 | December 7, 2012 4:54 am

brookly red wrote:

This may have been covered already.
    I took an infrequent trip to LGF today.
    This is from the stranger than fiction file.
    Johnson was on a rant about some guy on Brietbart who
    did a negative piece on Ashley Judd who may run for the Senate
    in Kentucky.
    The guy posted a suggestive pic of her & Charlie went all morally superior
    calling the guy a sleaze and a misogynist.
    Here’s the kicker, Johnson posted the same picture.

In some men there’s no good to be found, regardless of how long and hard one looks for it. :evil:

132 | December 7, 2012 10:16 am

1389AD wrote:

Already 3 people hate the thread?

i feel your pain.

133 | December 7, 2012 10:23 am

1389AD wrote:
    Already 3 people hate the thread?

I’m out.