First time visitor? Learn more.

Beyond Fox News

by Rodan ( 88 Comments › )
Filed under Conservatism, Elections 2012, Elections 2016, Media, Republican Party, The Political Right at December 11th, 2012 - 5:00 pm

Fox News has done a lot of good in the media as it has  allowed Conservative/Libertarian voices an outlet to air their opinions. Fox also  covers stories that the Progressive media refuse to cover at all (or hardly cover at all) such as Fast & Furious, the Benghazi fiasco, the Black Panther intimidation of voters in Philadelphia, etc.

As we saw with the last election, Fox News is really outgunned by the Media-Entertainment Industrial Complex.  Fox also made the mistake of creating  a false bubble perpetrated by  Karl Rove and Dick Morris that Obama was going to lose. Conservatives refused to believe polls showing Obama winning while guest after guest on Fox reassured us that the polls were wrong. The only ones warning the Fox audience about the coming defeat were Pat Caddell, Doug Schoen and Larry Sabato and they were right and the rest of Fox was wrong.   Some on the Right realize that they need to get their message out  to the public by other means besides Fox News and have begun to go that route.

WASHINGTON — Earlier this month, with the fiscal-cliff fight intensifying and public pressure mounting on Republicans to cave, House Speaker John Boehner prepared to take his case to the American people.

Hoping to change the dynamic of the debate, he armed himself with fresh talking points, a heap of data, and a few well-crafted lines designed to prove to frustrated Americans that House Republicans had their best interests at heart.

Then he called Fox News.

To some Republican strategists and communications operatives, Boehner’s insular media strategy in recent weeks — a smattering of press conferences on Capitol Hill, and a sit-down with Chris Wallace at Fox News Sunday — is emblematic of what one called the GOP’s “choir-preaching problem.”

[....]

As the Grand Old Party looks to convert a new generation of conservatives, some Republican strategists are urging their leaders to start carrying their message to media outlets that aren’t named after a certain bushy-tailed woodland carnivore.

“Fox is great,” Appell said. “But those viewers already agree with us. … I think you have to take the attitude with the media that no one is going to just give you anything; you have to go out there and get it. Whether that’s sitting down with Univision, or BET, or visiting college campuses and doing an interview at each one with student-run media. How else are different demographics going to get to know you if you never reach out to them?”

“The Democrats have been much better at this than we have,” he added.

[....]

Marco Rubio is frequently cited by strategists as a conservative star who seems to inherently understand the need to court new media outlets. During the four-day Republican National Convention, for example, the Florida senator sat for two interviews with Univision, and one with Black Entertainment Television’s news anchor Ed Gordon. He’s also done two separate interviews with The Daily Show on Comedy Central, and he was the first major political figure to make the trek to BuzzFeed’s New York headquarters earlier this year.

“Americans get their news from a wide range of sources these days, so you can’t limit your engagement to a limited number of media,” said Rubio press secretary Alex Conant. “Sen. Rubio is a conservative who happens to speak fluent Spanish, which opens up a lot of Hispanic media opportunities.

Fox News has done awesome work and is the best news organization in the business, but conservatives need to start appearing on other outlets (assuming that other outlets will allow them to appear, which in no ways is a given). Will there be some gotcha questions?  Sure, but after the Akin/Mourdock debacles,  conservatives need to be prepared for them (schooled actually). It’s time to go beyond Fox News and spread our message to groups we normally do not try to reach and if that means appearing on MSNBC and CNN so be it. Also it would be nice to see conservatives not afraid to appear on The Late Show, Comedy Central, The Tonight Show, MTV, even the hag fest known as The View.

As for Fox News, they need to get rid of Karl Rove, Dick Morris, Sarah Palin, Alan Colmes,  Geraldo Rivera, 9/11 Truther Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel, Jeanine Pirro, and John Bolton and bring on newer voices. Fox has some terrific regulars – Chris Wallace, Bret Baier, Brit Hume, Charles Krauthammer, Kirsten Powers, Stuart Varney, Tucker Carlson,  Greg Gutfield, Joe Trippi, Steven Hayward, but the discredited dead wood needs replacing.

Tags:

Comments

Comments and respectful debate are both welcome and encouraged.

Comments are the sole opinion of the comment writer, just as each thread posted is the sole opinion or post idea of the administrator that posted it or of the readers that have written guest posts for the Blogmocracy.

Obscene, abusive, or annoying remarks may be deleted or moved to spam for admin review, but the fact that particular comments remain on the site in no way constitutes an endorsement of their content by any other commenter or the admins of this Blogmocracy.

We're not easily offended and don't want people to think they have to walk on eggshells around here (like at another place that shall remain nameless) but of course, there is a limit to everything.

Play nice!

88 Responses to “Beyond Fox News”
( jump to bottom )

  1. heysoos
    1 | December 11, 2012 5:06 pm

    FOX could start today, exposing the union thugs up in MI…mob behavior and threats of blood and retribution in response to a legal and civil law


  2. coldwarrior
    2 | December 11, 2012 5:09 pm

    get some new blood in the gop leadership, people who understand the media and the game that goes on.


  3. taxfreekiller
    3 | December 11, 2012 5:10 pm

    On this premeditaded attack on Steven Crowder in MI by the union thugs.

    1. This is one of the many test that B. Obama has in his plan.

    2. The Republican Party leadership has show its cards face up and has backed down.

    3. We are the line that has to hold. Do Not Back Down.

    4. No leaders, open source leadership on the ground when ever where ever.

    One goal.

    Do Not Back Down.


  4. coldwarrior
    4 | December 11, 2012 5:10 pm

    or people who dont care if they are media darlings like mccain


  5. coldwarrior
    5 | December 11, 2012 5:12 pm

    limbaugh used the term media industrial complex today. that term was coined here first some months ago


  6. taxfreekiller
    6 | December 11, 2012 5:12 pm

    Word is that Hannity will show the full vid on Steve Crowder.

    O’Riley will pass it with a “its just those youts” and mug for the camera some more and help Newt sell some books.


  7. heysoos
    7 | December 11, 2012 5:13 pm

    if you want to brawl with the donks, you gotta sucker punch, kneecap, and when they go down, kick em in the head then kick them in the throat….this is how you get your message out there these days….does FOX have the nads?…does FOX have the guts to call out BO as a pussy that gets his own ambassadors killed?…FOX needs to attack the president as if their life depended on it…no guts, no glory


  8. taxfreekiller
    8 | December 11, 2012 5:17 pm

    Ms tfk was doing a talk last night at a deal here.

    One thing she said off the cuff at the end when it was questions ect.

    “It seems to me that John McCain has a long term mental problem.
    He now is very close to John Kerry, who given the power back in the 1970′s would have voted, allowed, seeked to leave John McCain in the North Viet prison for his whole life. Kerry would have left McCain for dead ms tfk killer thinks. She does not understand it but she thinks it would have happend had Kerry had the choice at the time.”

    Yet there is McCain not even giving it a thought.@ coldwarrior:


  9. coldwarrior
    9 | December 11, 2012 5:19 pm

    @ taxfreekiller:

    he is a fool that loves the media lights and will do anything to be buddies with he tv anchors and pundits. he needs to be loved. its a sickness


  10. 10 | December 11, 2012 5:19 pm

    By the way, listening to Paul Ryan on Hannity’s radio show. It’s as if he’s been reading our blog here at the Blogmocracy. Paul Ryan gets it.


  11. taxfreekiller
    11 | December 11, 2012 5:20 pm

    DNBD

    Do Not Back Down


  12. unclassifiable
    12 | December 11, 2012 5:21 pm

    File this under “If I call fire they won’t blame me“.

    /sorry Haley I think you and Larry are part of the problem


  13. coldwarrior
    13 | December 11, 2012 5:21 pm

    Flyovercountry wrote:

    By the way, listening to Paul Ryan on Hannity’s radio show. It’s as if he’s been reading our blog here at the Blogmocracy. Paul Ryan gets it.

    this dovetails nicely with you post

    better message, better messengers


  14. 14 | December 11, 2012 5:22 pm

    As to your post Rodan, I would still advocate having everyone on our side read, “The Boys On The Bus,” by Timmothy Crouse. It’s a how to manual for getting good press for conservative candidates. Nixon was the last GOP candidate to get this good treatment. That in itself says a lot.


  15. RIX
    15 | December 11, 2012 5:23 pm

    As the Grand Old Party looks to convert a new generation of conservatives, some Republican strategists are urging their leaders to start carrying their message to media outlets that aren’t named after a certain bushy-tailed woodland carnivore.

    It makes sense to go to outlets other than Fox.
    Any Republican advocate that goes on MSNBC
    has to be ready for hosts like Chris Matthews
    who will sceam and smear.
    They should just give it back to them.


  16. unclassifiable
    16 | December 11, 2012 5:26 pm

    @ taxfreekiller:

    I do not think the talking heads are part of the solution.

    They will do what keeps them on the air and in the end they are little better than the lefty talking heads.

    We need folks running for office. If Hannity or O’Riely ever run for office then that is a different thing but Fox only has so much utility in getting the word out.


  17. coldwarrior
    17 | December 11, 2012 5:28 pm

    RIX wrote:

    It makes sense to go to outlets other than Fox.
    Any Republican advocte that goes on MSNBC
    has to be ready for hosts like Chris Matthews
    who will sceam and smear.
    They should just give it back to them.

    call them out. get right in their face and give it right back to them.

    call them on their bias and vapidity.


  18. unclassifiable
    18 | December 11, 2012 5:31 pm

    @ RIX:

    Let’s start with this…

    Chris (Mattthews) why are you getting so emotional?

    Why are you yelling?

    Do you fear my ideas?

    Do my words have special powers that you are afraid people will hear?

    Tell you what, I am putting it on the line. I can ruin my life, my family, and my reputation speaking out against the liberal machine. The least you could do in consideration is let me have my say and have a normal dialog where we are talking about my proposals and your objections and let the viewers decide.

    You do think your viewers are smart enough for that don’t you?


  19. Speranza
    19 | December 11, 2012 5:34 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    RIX wrote:
    It makes sense to go to outlets other than Fox.
    Any Republican advocte that goes on MSNBC
    has to be ready for hosts like Chris Matthews
    who will sceam and smear.
    They should just give it back to them.
    call them out. get right in their face and give it right back to them.
    call them on their bias and vapidity.

    Amen!
    Fox News was my “security blanket”.


  20. Speranza
    20 | December 11, 2012 5:38 pm

    RIX wrote:

    As the Grand Old Party looks to convert a new generation of conservatives, some Republican strategists are urging their leaders to start carrying their message to media outlets that aren’t named after a certain bushy-tailed woodland carnivore.
    It makes sense to go to outlets other than Fox.
    Any Republican advocate that goes on MSNBC
    has to be ready for hosts like Chris Matthews
    who will sceam and smear.
    They should just give it back to them.

    They need to call out the losers over there for what they truly are.


  21. RIX
    21 | December 11, 2012 5:45 pm

    @ coldwarrior:
    The Republicans should send their best and meanest to MSNBC.


  22. coldwarrior
    22 | December 11, 2012 5:47 pm

    @ Speranza:
    @ RIX:

    there is no reason why our side cant get nasty once in a while. most of these gopers appear spineless in the face of opposition on tv.

    damnit men, stand up for yourselves!


  23. unclassifiable
    23 | December 11, 2012 5:48 pm

    And by all means let’s help the Media-Entertainment Industrial Complex identify the right bogeymen for the “new age”:

    The Democratic Party and the Unions ARE THE ESTABLISHMENT.

    The Democratic Party and the Unions ARE THE MAN.

    Conservatives are the anti-establishment.

    That should be our rebranding.

    We will be snotty. We will be incessant. And we will bug the crap out of you.

    But we will do it with honor.

    And we will look and act so much better than the union thugs and the occunutters.

    I think this is what Brietbart had in mind.


  24. Speranza
    24 | December 11, 2012 5:49 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    @ Speranza:
    @ RIX:
    there is no reason why our side cant get nasty once in a while. most of these gopers appear spineless in the face of opposition on tv.
    damnit men, stand up for yourselves!

    You mean that Joe Scarborough is a push over on MSNBC -- who would’ve thought that? /


  25. RIX
    25 | December 11, 2012 5:49 pm

    @ unclassifiable:
    How about, “Chis are you drunk?”
    Maybe too far.


  26. coldwarrior
    26 | December 11, 2012 5:53 pm

    Speranza wrote:

    coldwarrior wrote:
    @ Speranza:
    @ RIX:
    there is no reason why our side cant get nasty once in a while. most of these gopers appear spineless in the face of opposition on tv.
    damnit men, stand up for yourselves!

    You mean that Joe Scarborough is a push over on MSNBC — who would’ve thought that? /

    spines will be needed!


  27. unclassifiable
    27 | December 11, 2012 5:54 pm

    @ RIX:

    No sense hammering the obvious.


  28. RIX
    28 | December 11, 2012 5:55 pm

    @ Speranza:


  29. heysoos
    29 | December 11, 2012 5:55 pm

    @ RIX:
    there is no too far…that’s a wall in front of you


  30. RIX
    30 | December 11, 2012 5:58 pm

    @ Speranza:

    The are losers at MSNBC, but so smug about it.


  31. unclassifiable
    31 | December 11, 2012 6:01 pm

    @ RIX:

    It would be a great “hack” to have MSNBC schedule McCain, Graham, etc. (you know -- moderates) and then switch Allen West on them at the last minute.

    Chris M: Weren’t you on last night. Jeez this is getting old.
    Allen W: Well Mr. McCain had a case of explosive diarrhea and asked me to fill in.
    Chris M: Again???!!!! What the hell… That’s two moderates in a row!
    Allen W: Well it is unusual. But anyway lets continue our conversation from last night about why this administration SUCKS.


  32. lobo91
    32 | December 11, 2012 6:01 pm

    RIX wrote:

    @ Speranza:

    The are losers at MSNBC, but so smug about it.

    I don’t see why any Republicans would bother to go on MSNBC. There are local TV news shows that get higher ratings.


  33. Speranza
    33 | December 11, 2012 6:01 pm

    RIX wrote:

    @ unclassifiable:
    How about, “Chis are you drunk?”
    Maybe too far.

    But most likely true!


  34. Speranza
    34 | December 11, 2012 6:02 pm

    unclassifiable wrote:

    @ RIX:
    It would be a great “hack” to have MSNBC schedule McCain, Graham, etc. (you know — moderates) and then switch Allen West on them at the last minute.
    Chris M: Weren’t you on last night. Jeez this is getting old.
    Allen W: Well Mr. McCain had a case of explosive diarrhea and asked me to fill in.
    Chris M: Again???!!!! What the hell… That’s two moderates in a row!
    Allen W: Well it is unusual. But anyway lets continue our conversation from last night about why this administration SUCKS.

    Having lost his seat, Allen West needs to regroup.


  35. Speranza
    35 | December 11, 2012 6:03 pm

    RIX wrote:

    @ coldwarrior:
    The Republicans should send their best and meanest to MSNBC.

    Good, that excludes Pat Buchanan lol.


  36. Speranza
    36 | December 11, 2012 6:05 pm

    I’m not a Michelle Malkin or much of an Ann Coulter fan but both were ambushed by Chris Matthews. Matthews used John Edwards wife Elizabeth (a cancer patient) in his ambush.


  37. unclassifiable
    37 | December 11, 2012 6:05 pm

    @ Speranza:

    This is part of that process.

    Some folks aren’t cut out to run for office.

    Some folks are perfect as partisan attack pit bulls from hell.


  38. Speranza
    38 | December 11, 2012 6:09 pm

    @ unclassifiable:
    No longer in congress (after only two years and being gerrymandered, thank you GOP Establishment in Florida) West sadly lacks the credibility. Frankly I felt the same way with Palin after she quit the governorship after two years on the job, at least West went down in a re-election bid.


  39. heysoos
    39 | December 11, 2012 6:11 pm

    Speranza wrote:

    I’m not a Michelle Malkin or much of an Ann Coulter fan but both were ambushed by Chris Matthews. Matthews used John Edwards wife Elizabeth (a cancer patient) in his ambush.

    then they all went out dancing together…I don’t give a damn about any of them…the tv culture hens are clacking about…I instinctively dismiss tv heads…you want to quote them and give them legitimacy go ahead


  40. Mars
    40 | December 11, 2012 6:16 pm

    Flyovercountry wrote:

    As to your post Rodan, I would still advocate having everyone on our side read, “The Boys On The Bus,” by Timmothy Crouse. It’s a how to manual for getting good press for conservative candidates. Nixon was the last GOP candidate to get this good treatment. That in itself says a lot.

    That’s the only way we are going to manage it in the media today.

    Any interview given will be nothing but gotcha questions, strawmen, and logical fallacies. And any points we do score will be edited out before airing.

    We can only win on live shows. Otherwise the only other alternative is to buy as much of the media as we can.

    http://sonoranalliance.com/conservative-documentaries/

    One of the best lists of conservative documentaries I have found. I’ve seen some of these and many of them are way more entertaining than whatever newest propaganda, Matt Damon, et al, want to foist on the public.


  41. RIX
    41 | December 11, 2012 6:18 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    RIX wrote:

    @ Speranza:

    The are losers at MSNBC, but so smug about it.

    I don’t see why any Republicans would bother to go on MSNBC. There are local TV news shows that get higher ratings.

    You could hide people in Witness protection over there, but it could
    be interesting.


  42. Mars
    42 | December 11, 2012 6:21 pm

    Speranza wrote:

    unclassifiable wrote:
    @ RIX:
    It would be a great “hack” to have MSNBC schedule McCain, Graham, etc. (you know — moderates) and then switch Allen West on them at the last minute.
    Chris M: Weren’t you on last night. Jeez this is getting old.
    Allen W: Well Mr. McCain had a case of explosive diarrhea and asked me to fill in.
    Chris M: Again???!!!! What the hell… That’s two moderates in a row!
    Allen W: Well it is unusual. But anyway lets continue our conversation from last night about why this administration SUCKS.

    Having lost his seat, Allen West needs to regroup.

    He has an open invitation from the Georgia Republican party to run there if I remember the article correctly.

    Unless it is a live show, it would be pointless to have anyone on our side go to MSNBC. The show would be edited so heavily all it would show is our side screaming at poor innocent Chrissy. They’d probably edit out every other word our guy says in order to make him sound crazy.


  43. RIX
    43 | December 11, 2012 6:21 pm

    Speranza wrote:

    RIX wrote:

    @ coldwarrior:
    The Republicans should send their best and meanest to MSNBC.

    Good, that excludes Pat Buchanan lol.

    And Sharron Angle and Christine O’Donnell.


  44. Speranza
    44 | December 11, 2012 6:27 pm

    RIX wrote:

    Speranza wrote:
    RIX wrote:
    @ coldwarrior:
    The Republicans should send their best and meanest to MSNBC.
    Good, that excludes Pat Buchanan lol.

    And Sharron Angle and Christine O’Donnell.

    Yeah they put on anyone on the Right who will say something embarrassing.


  45. coldwarrior
    45 | December 11, 2012 6:28 pm

    @ Speranza:

    the dems have serious message discipline.


  46. Speranza
    46 | December 11, 2012 6:29 pm

    Mars wrote:

    He has an open invitation from the Georgia Republican party to run there if I remember the article correctly.

    Unless it is a live show, it would be pointless to have anyone on our side go to MSNBC. The show would be edited so heavily all it would show is our side screaming at poor innocent Chrissy. They’d probably edit out every other word our guy says in order to make him sound crazy.

    He originally is from Georgia. I was thinking he should move to S.C. and run for Tim Scott’s seat if Scott is appointed to the Senate. Yeah you need to go on live on MSNBC.


  47. RIX
    47 | December 11, 2012 6:29 pm

    Later Gators.


  48. Speranza
    48 | December 11, 2012 6:30 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    Speranza wrote:
    I’m not a Michelle Malkin or much of an Ann Coulter fan but both were ambushed by Chris Matthews. Matthews used John Edwards wife Elizabeth (a cancer patient) in his ambush.

    then they all went out dancing together…I don’t give a damn about any of them…the tv culture hens are clacking about…I instinctively dismiss tv heads…you want to quote them and give them legitimacy go ahead

    Uhhh, ok.


  49. unclassifiable
    49 | December 11, 2012 6:31 pm

    @ Mars:

    You know I always wondered if it would be ok to take a minicam for yourself to one of those things?

    Probably an “exclusive content issue” but you are essentially recording yourself and your “experience” so…


  50. Speranza
    50 | December 11, 2012 6:32 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    @ Speranza:
    the dems have serious message discipline.

    They sure do and any candidate who is toxic, they drop like a hot potato. They would have pulled the plug on an Akin so fast it would have made your head spin. In Red States they will run center-right candidates and eschew their litmus tests.


  51. coldwarrior
    51 | December 11, 2012 6:35 pm

    Speranza wrote:

    They sure do and any candidate who is toxic, they drop like a hot potato. They would have pulled the plug on an Akin so fast it would have made your head spin. In Red States they will run center-right candidates and eschew their litmus tests.

    people might make fun of howard dean, but he cleaned the gop’s clocks.

    lay off gun control, stay on message, and run center right peeps in more conservative areas.


  52. Mars
    52 | December 11, 2012 6:36 pm

    unclassifiable wrote:

    @ Mars:
    You know I always wondered if it would be ok to take a minicam for yourself to one of those things?
    Probably an “exclusive content issue” but you are essentially recording yourself and your “experience” so…

    I’d guess it’s a huge no/no. They can’t have anyone proving their ridiculous bias.


  53. Mars
    53 | December 11, 2012 6:39 pm

    Speranza wrote:

    coldwarrior wrote:
    @ Speranza:
    the dems have serious message discipline.

    They sure do and any candidate who is toxic, they drop like a hot potato. They would have pulled the plug on an Akin so fast it would have made your head spin. In Red States they will run center-right candidates and eschew their litmus tests.

    I don’t completely agree with that. Yes, we’ve seen some of that lately, but all through the 80-early 2000′s the dems circled the wagon around any politician that had “moral failings” while the Republicans would immediately throw them to the sharks. The Republicans were well known for eating their own while the dems had a strong reputation for allowing any reprehensible behavior.

    Hell, Jesse Jackson Jr could have still gotten a free pass. Or how about William Jefferson, or Ted Kennedy, or….


  54. coldwarrior
    54 | December 11, 2012 6:41 pm

    @ Mars:

    moral failings are not part of the dem litmus test. dems dont care. they want to win.


  55. Mars
    56 | December 11, 2012 6:44 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    @ Mars:
    moral failings are not part of the dem litmus test. dems dont care. they want to win.

    Right apparently corruption, treason, homicide, and perjury aren’t part of it either.

    So what is their test? Staying on message? Because there is no other thing they won’t forgive or allow. The only time they will destroy their own is if they deviate from the message in the least.

    (Also, the running center-right candidates thing. Yeah, they don’t really do that. They run candidates that APPEAR center-right. I live in MT and that liberal jackass John Tester has been elected twice now because he has a conservative haircut.)


  56. heysoos
    57 | December 11, 2012 6:44 pm

    Speranza wrote:

    heysoos wrote:
    Speranza wrote:
    I’m not a Michelle Malkin or much of an Ann Coulter fan but both were ambushed by Chris Matthews. Matthews used John Edwards wife Elizabeth (a cancer patient) in his ambush.
    then they all went out dancing together…I don’t give a damn about any of them…the tv culture hens are clacking about…I instinctively dismiss tv heads…you want to quote them and give them legitimacy go ahead

    Uhhh, ok.

    I’d rather have the elected themselves be the voice of the party, not some tv personality…no foul


  57. coldwarrior
    58 | December 11, 2012 6:46 pm

    Mars wrote:

    Right apparently corruption, treason, homicide, and perjury aren’t part of it either.

    sure aint.

    just win baby.


  58. coldwarrior
    59 | December 11, 2012 6:47 pm

    Mars wrote:

    Also, the running center-right candidates thing. Yeah, they don’t really do that

    sure they did, jason altmire, D PA

    more conservative than most so called republicans.


  59. Mars
    60 | December 11, 2012 6:49 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    Speranza wrote:
    heysoos wrote:
    Speranza wrote:
    I’m not a Michelle Malkin or much of an Ann Coulter fan but both were ambushed by Chris Wallace. Wallace used John Edwards wife Elizabeth (a cancer patient) in his ambush.
    then they all went out dancing together…I don’t give a damn about any of them…the tv culture hens are clacking about…I instinctively dismiss tv heads…you want to quote them and give them legitimacy go ahead
    Uhhh, ok.

    I’d rather have the elected themselves be the voice of the party, not some tv personality…no foul

    TV and radio people can say what the elected don’t dare. They only have to answer to the ratings. The elected have to be re-elected.

    Without tv and radio personalities the conservative movement would have been dead years ago thanks to the liberals media domination.

    I for one am glad we have those people doing the work that elected officials can’t or won’t do.


  60. coldwarrior
    61 | December 11, 2012 6:49 pm

    fact is, we dont get some message discipline and learn how to handle the media we will always be a t a disadvantage.

    ya cant govern from the back benches.


  61. coldwarrior
    62 | December 11, 2012 6:49 pm

    @ Mars:

    buckley


  62. heysoos
    63 | December 11, 2012 6:50 pm

    @ Mars:
    studies have shown that hair style is the number one factor of concern regarding re-election…a $200 poo and trim is ordinary inside the beltway


  63. Mars
    64 | December 11, 2012 6:50 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    Mars wrote:
    Also, the running center-right candidates thing. Yeah, they don’t really do that
    sure they did, jason altmire, D PA
    more conservative than most so called republicans.

    Never heard of him. All I know is 90% of the mythical blue dogs have voted with Obama 95% of the time. If that’s conservative I have a unicorn for sale.


  64. heysoos
    65 | December 11, 2012 6:51 pm

    @ Mars:
    I’m sure you are right


  65. Mars
    66 | December 11, 2012 6:52 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    @ Mars:
    buckley

    Yes. Also if we hadn’t had Rush Limbaugh through all those years from the 80′s we would have lost the movement by the mid 90′s. There wouldn’t have been a Gingrich revolution or anything else the politicians like taking credit for.


  66. coldwarrior
    67 | December 11, 2012 6:56 pm

    Mars wrote:

    Never heard of him. All I know is 90% of the mythical blue dogs have voted with Obama 95% of the time. If that’s conservative I have a unicorn for sale.

    he lost to mutha’s commie #2 in the last primary, then the commie got his ass beat bad in the general election. altmire voted against obamacare, raising debt ceilings, more independent than anything.


  67. Mars
    68 | December 11, 2012 6:57 pm

    We have messages that appeal to wide swathes of the country. We however, do not have the means of getting it out in any organized fashion. Fox news sits pretty much center on news with conservative editorializing. AM radio has been largely dominated by the conservatives.

    Where we have failed is with getting the message in the popular media. We have no standard popular outlets. Major networks are liberal controlled, movie channels are liberal controlled, movie studios, music labels, awards organizations, educational institutions, textbook companies, all of it liberal controlled.

    Our message is lost in an ocean of trivial babble.


  68. coldwarrior
    69 | December 11, 2012 6:58 pm

    @ coldwarrior:

    February 25, 2011

    (WASHINGTON, D.C.) — An independent study of Congressional voting records released today by National Journal – a non-partisan publication – found that U.S. Congressman Jason Altmire’s (PA-04) voting record in 2010 places him 15 slots to the right of center in the U.S. House of Representatives for the second year in a row. Congressman Altmire’s voting record in 2010 was more conservative than 54.2 percent of House Members’ voting records. Congressman Altmire is also currently the only member of the House who has never missed a vote in Congress over the past four years


  69. Mars
    70 | December 11, 2012 6:59 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    Mars wrote:
    Never heard of him. All I know is 90% of the mythical blue dogs have voted with Obama 95% of the time. If that’s conservative I have a unicorn for sale.
    he lost to mutha’s commie #2 in the last primary, then the commie got his ass beat bad in the general election. altmire voted against obamacare, raising debt ceilings, more independent than anything.

    Then why the hell is he a dem? I’ve never understood dems who stay with a party that doesn’t represent any of their beliefs. I run into those people constantly in this state. None of them can give me a clear answer why they vote dem. Most of the time it winds up being “I always have”, or “the local news says…”
    .


  70. coldwarrior
    71 | December 11, 2012 7:00 pm

    Mars wrote:

    Where we have failed is with getting the message in the popular media. We have no standard popular outlets. Major networks are liberal controlled, movie channels are liberal controlled, movie studios, music labels, awards organizations, educational institutions, textbook companies, all of it liberal controlled.

    most people are scolds and hate pop culture (therefore dismiss it out right) on our side.

    why not try to co opt some pop culture.


  71. Mars
    72 | December 11, 2012 7:00 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    @ coldwarrior:
    February 25, 2011
    (WASHINGTON, D.C.) — An independent study of Congressional voting records released today by National Journal – a non-partisan publication – found that U.S. Congressman Jason Altmire’s (PA-04) voting record in 2010 places him 15 slots to the right of center in the U.S. House of Representatives for the second year in a row. Congressman Altmire’s voting record in 2010 was more conservative than 54.2 percent of House Members’ voting records. Congressman Altmire is also currently the only member of the House who has never missed a vote in Congress over the past four years

    Then his political affiliation makes even less sense.

    Also your earlier post made it clear he was not who the dems wanted in that seat, so


  72. coldwarrior
    73 | December 11, 2012 7:02 pm

    Mars wrote:

    Then why the hell is he a dem? I’ve never understood dems who stay with a party that doesn’t represent any of their beliefs.

    he was the last of the old school truman/kennedy dems.

    you have to understand W PA do understand him. we are pretty much all republicans now here. the dem party left the dems who live here. they are conservative and hard working and many were vets but were old school dems who didnt hate america.

    there was a sea change in the dem party and he was one of the last to go.


  73. coldwarrior
    74 | December 11, 2012 7:03 pm

    Mars wrote:

    Also your earlier post made it clear he was not who the dems wanted in that seat, so

    he won easily the other primaries. this was murtha’s second banana trying to get back in poswer after PA gutted mutha’s district. yeah, the commies got him on the ballot, then he lost big to the republican.

    foolish move on their part.


  74. coldwarrior
    75 | December 11, 2012 7:09 pm

    assholes.

    Kansas Rep. Tim Huelskamp declared in an exclusive Newsmax TV interview that “petty, vindictive politics” led House Speaker John Boehner and the Republican Steering Committee to boot him and three other congressmen from key leadership posts last week.

    “I haven’t had any of the leaders of the GOP conference actually have the courage to sit down and say, ‘Hey, this is why we did this to you,’” Huelskamp, a first-term Republican backed by the Tea Party Patriots, tells Newsmax. “They sent out anonymous rumors and leaks by staff — and those are usually very unfounded and don’t match up to reality.”

    Huelskamp and two other tea party favorites were stripped of their House committee seats last week by Boehner and the GOP steering group. The others are David Schweikert of Arizona and Justin Amash of Michigan.
    North Carolina GOP Rep. Walter Jones also lost his leadership position.

    The congressmen have charged that they were removed because they refused to tow the party line — even supporting Boehner’s counteroffer of $800 billion in revenue increases to reach a deal with President Barack Obama to avert the fiscal cliff scheduled to take effect at the end of the month.

    Boehner told the tea party representatives in a letter that they would not be reinstated to their positions, Huelskamp said on Tuesday.

    Besides the House Budget Committee, the Kansas Republican also lost his seat on the House Agriculture Committee.

    “Someone from Kansas has been on the House Ag Committee for over 100 years — and this because of petty, vindictive politics, you pick a fifth-generation farmer off the Ag Committee. I’ve got a Ph.D., in ag-policy making as well. It’s a good fit.


  75. coldwarrior
    76 | December 11, 2012 7:14 pm

    “It’s really a general attack on conservatives,” Huelskamp declared. “There are a lot of outside conservative groups that represent the base of the Republican Party — and they’ve been pretty upset by these votes, and they’ve been outraged when you disagree with the GOP establishment. I believe the GOP establishment blew this election.

    Now is not the time to kick conservatives in the side. Now’s the time we ought to broaden the base by bringing more conservatives into the party and also bring Libertarians into the party as well.

    “We’re finding out, though, that the current House is not very open to dissenting views,” he added. “But after decades and decades and decades of overspending by both parties, isn’t it about time we actually tried the conservative ideals that the Republican Party claims to stand for?”


  76. 77 | December 11, 2012 7:29 pm

    Gov. Snyder has signed Michigan’s right to work law. Well, well, well. Talk about accelerating the process.

    Now, of course, let’s all watch the Ringling Bros. Networks downplay the union violence and call the TEA Party extremists all in the same breath. Juggling -- it’s not for amateurs.


  77. lobo91
    78 | December 11, 2012 7:32 pm

    Carolina Girl wrote:

    Gov. Snyder has signed Michigan’s right to work law. Well, well, well. Talk about accelerating the process.

    Now, of course, let’s all watch the Ringling Bros. Networks downplay the union violence and call the TEA Party extremists all in the same breath. Juggling — it’s not for amateurs.

    I thought Beckel was going to blow a gasket today.


  78. Speranza
    79 | December 11, 2012 7:33 pm

    Earlier I said that “Chris Wallace” ambushed Michelle Malkin and Ann Coulter. I should have said “Chris Matthews”. It has been fixed.


  79. Mars
    80 | December 11, 2012 7:45 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    Carolina Girl wrote:

    Gov. Snyder has signed Michigan’s right to work law. Well, well, well. Talk about accelerating the process.
    Now, of course, let’s all watch the Ringling Bros. Networks downplay the union violence and call the TEA Party extremists all in the same breath. Juggling — it’s not for amateurs.

    I thought Beckel was going to blow a gasket today.

    Hannity had a jackass on the radio saying the whole tea party (all the way back to the original) was about violence.

    He claimed that they killed people and threw them off the boats.


  80. 81 | December 11, 2012 7:53 pm

    @ Mars

    Really? It didn’t sound like Charles, did it? Kilgore? Ludwig? It’s certainly delusional enough to be one of them.


  81. Mars
    82 | December 11, 2012 7:56 pm

    Carolina Girl wrote:

    @ Mars
    Really? It didn’t sound like Charles, did it? Kilgore? Ludwig? It’s certainly delusional enough to be one of them.

    I can’t remember the asshats name, he’s one of Hannitys regulars. Still it does fit the pattern doesn’t it.

    Apparently all of this clowns revolutionary war history came from the game Assassins Creed 3.


  82. 83 | December 11, 2012 7:57 pm

    BTW, to Jeffrey Immelt -- who said “Chinese Gov’t works -- it gets things done.”

    Jeff -- and Mussolini made the trains run on time and Hitler built the Volkswagen. It’s amazing what despotic and oppressive governments can do when they don’t let messing things like human rights and the rule of law get in the way.


  83. Mars
    84 | December 11, 2012 8:00 pm

    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/11/15842456-snyder-signs-michigan-anti-union-right-to-work-measures-over-protests-of-thousands?lite

    NBC news has decided to flat out lie.

    A tent set up by supporters of the measures also collapsed amid what authorities described as “pushing and shoving” among protesters. No one was hurt, police said.


  84. 85 | December 11, 2012 8:00 pm

    BTW -- NBC is now dead to me. I don’t think there are any shows I actually watch, and I wrote off Sunday Night Football after Costas and gun control last week. I don’t know what else I might “voluntarily” purchase from GE but if you can think of anything, let me know.


  85. Mars
    86 | December 11, 2012 8:01 pm

    NBC reporting this ONLY from the union perspective.


  86. Mars
    87 | December 11, 2012 8:04 pm

    http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-250_162-10014845.html

    CBS also unable to find any violence.


  87. Mars
    88 | December 11, 2012 8:08 pm

    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57558532/right-to-work-signed-into-law-in-michigan/

    Though most protesters opposed right-to-work, there were some supporters present as well — many affiliated with the conservative advocacy group Americans for Prosperity. The Michigan branch of that group said in a statement that the legislation reflected “a pro-growth policy that can and will help to turn Michigan’s economy around.” The tent erected by Americans for Prosperity at the protests was torn down by opponents of the legislation.

    I take it back. CBS has a little more spine.

    Before Snyder signed the legislation, Michigan state Rep. Douglas Geiss said Tuesday that “there will be blood” if they become law.

    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/michigan-governor-signs-work-bill-law/story?id=17934332#.UMfY-XeW85M

    ABC saw nothing.


Back to the Top

The Blogmocracy

website design was Built By David