Conservative money should focus on buying media outlets

by Rodan ( 81 Comments › )
Filed under Conservatism, Republican Party, The Political Right at December 13th, 2012 - 2:00 pm

The Republican Party and it’s Conservative PAC allies spent close to 1 billion dollars in the past election. Looking at the results, it was a total waste of money. The Obama campaign dictated the terms of the election and ran circles around the GOP. He was able to do this because of the Media-Entertainment Industrial Complex. This is what Conservative donors should focus on. Buying media and entertainment outlets to start leveling the playing field.

Mitt Romney and the GOP lost, but it wasn’t for lack of money. They spent a lot; they just didn’t get enough bang for the buck.

Billionaire Sheldon Adelson alone donated $150 million. But Romney lost anyway, especially among unmarried women.

Which is why I think that rich people wanting to support the Republican Party might want to direct their money somewhere besides TV ads that copy, poorly, what Lee Atwater did decades ago.

My suggestion: Buy some women’s magazines. No, really. Or at least some women’s Web sites.

One of the groups with whom Romney did worst was female “low-information voters.” Those are women who don’t really follow politics, and vote based on a vague sense of who’s mean and who’s nice, who’s cool and who’s uncool.

Since, by definition, they don’t pay much attention to political news, they get this sense from what they do read. And for many, that’s traditional women’s magazines — Redbook, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, the Ladies Home Journal, etc. — and the newer women’s sites like YourTango, The Frisky, Yahoo! Shine, and the like.

The thing is, those magazines and Web sites see themselves, pretty consciously, as a propaganda arm of the Democratic Party. So while nine out of 10 articles may be the usual stuff on sex, diet and shopping, the 10th will always be either soft p.r. for the Democrats or soft — or sometimes not-so-soft — hits on Republicans.

The loser Karl Rove’s Super PAC spent 300 million. If they had invested 100 Million of that on buying magazines and TV outlets, it would have been more cost effective. Republicans need to start buying up parts of the Media-Entertainment Industrial complex to get their message out.

Another tactic Republicans need to do is put out a positive message. Right now Republicans just like to whine and complain. Very rarely do they say what they are for. Many of the GOP are dismissive of groups that do not vote for them. This is a recipe for continual defeat. What is needed is building up infrastructure and a positive vision for the future. Personally, I am not optimistic  if this can be done in time for 2016.

(Hat Tip: Eaglesoars)

In a more important matter, what do people think of the current NFL playoff scenario?

Tags:

Comments

81 Responses to “Conservative money should focus on buying media outlets”

1. Storagemanager
    1 | December 13, 2012 2:25 pm

If anyone would make a Conservative movie..it would be a blockbuster…one with American values…not the mindless dribble of late.

2. 2 | December 13, 2012 2:27 pm

Re the NFL -- I have this in my column for Sunday…..since apparently writing about and praising any team is the kiss of death for them (Ex. A is the Texans Monday night), as we discuss the media purchase possibilities, please include a playoff possible team that you don’t like. I will tally up the votes and write an exhaustive column full of praise and including a photograph of their quarterback for Sunday, which should pretty much guarantee a miserable performance for said team.

Please, one vote per person. After, we aren’t liberals here.

3. 3 | December 13, 2012 2:30 pm

@ Storagemanager:

What’s the skinny on “Zero Dark Thirty” -- is this the one where Obama gave unfettered access or was that the movie that jerk put out on the Nat Geo channel right before the election. The one with new and improved phoney Obama footage of his “weighty” decision (made for him while he was zooming back from the golf course so he could be changed and in the sit room before the take down).

4. Storagemanager
    4 | December 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Please, one vote per person. After, we aren’t liberals here.

does a split personality get two?

5. 5 | December 13, 2012 2:32 pm

@ Storagemanager:

Sure, as long as it’s one each from AFC and NFC.

6. Mars
    6 | December 13, 2012 2:33 pm

Storagemanager wrote:

There have been a few. I’m partial to American Carol, though it bombed pretty badly. Just didn’t get any hype at all.

7. Mars
    7 | December 13, 2012 2:35 pm

If the Koch bros or the Amway head were 1/10th the threat the libs have blown them up to be they would have already done something like this.

Look at Soros. The libs downplay his influence and control, but he saw that the media was already an arm of the progressive movement so he went a step further and created support organizations for them. (Media Matters and similar groups.) He put all their talking points in a couple of easy to access places and made sure the press was on the same page.

8. Mars
    9 | December 13, 2012 2:41 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

Report: Obama Likely To Nominate Anti-Israel RINO Chuck Hagel To Secretary Of Defense…

I hate that bastard, but I can’t help but think he’d be less dangerous than John “the traitor” Kerry.

9. 10 | December 13, 2012 2:42 pm

@ Mars:

I went to American Carol as well -- because to me, it was important to support a conservative film with conservative actors.

10. Mars
  11. 12 | December 13, 2012 2:43 pm

@ Mars:

Even with the lesser of two evils….you still get evil.

12. 13 | December 13, 2012 2:44 pm

@ Mars:

Yep -- same expression she had on her face at the NASCAR race back in 2011 when her supposed favorite driver Carl Edwards was leading the race.

13. Mars
    14 | December 13, 2012 2:44 pm

Mike Al-Moron needs to keep his fat yap shut. There’s no way he’s an expert in anything requiring him to get off the couch.

14. Mars
    15 | December 13, 2012 2:46 pm

Mars wrote:

Look how happy she is.

Great film.

15. 16 | December 13, 2012 2:47 pm

@ Mars:

Wait till my next post at 5:00 PM!

16. Mars
    17 | December 13, 2012 2:48 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Mars:
    Even with the lesser of two evils….you still get evil.

True, but we’re going to get evil under this president no matter what.

So we get someone that firmly cements the Won’s stance toward Israel, or we get one that utterly destroys the military (which is what he was hired to do during Viet Nam.) Either way it’s a win/win for the progs, but at least with Hagel it will be hard for the Won to proclaim his love of Israel anymore.

17. Mars
    18 | December 13, 2012 2:49 pm

@ Mars:
    Wait till my next post at 5:00 PM!

I’m looking at info for two posts. Not sure which one will get done.

1. How Boehner is repeating GWB’s 1990 mistakes.

2. The history of prohibitionary behavior in the liberal movement.

18. 19 | December 13, 2012 2:50 pm

@ Mars:

Of course, IIRC, SpongeMike Sweatpants is notorious for hiring non-union labor and not paying his workers. He’s also known for lying, but I believe that’s part of his genetic make-up.

19. 20 | December 13, 2012 2:51 pm

@ Mars:

What would please me the most is Israel refusing to let his plane land and Bebe refusing to meet with him.

20. Mars
    21 | December 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Mars:

Yep, I had a documentary that was awesome on Moore. It was called Shooting Michael Moore by Kevin Leffler. I talked to him a few times by email. Great documentary on how big a hypocrite Moore is.

Also, it’s funny as hell.

21. 22 | December 13, 2012 2:53 pm

@ Mars:

2. The history of prohibitionary behavior in the liberal movement.

I think that is better!

22. Mars
    23 | December 13, 2012 2:55 pm

Mars wrote:

Carolina Girl wrote:
    @ Mars:

Also, it’s funny as hell.

Oh, and Leffler is a Democrat and fairly left wing. Was a classmate of Moores.

He just got fed up with Moore’s hypocrisy and self financed the film.

If you get a chance to buy it, do it. Support people who just want to tell the truth.

23. Mars
    24 | December 13, 2012 2:55 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

That would be awesome.

24. Mars
    25 | December 13, 2012 2:56 pm

@ Mars:
    2. The history of prohibitionary behavior in the liberal movement.
    I think that is better!

Probably, but it’s going to be a lot of work. I’ve been finding that a lot of that info has gone missing through the years.

25. 26 | December 13, 2012 3:02 pm

@ Mars:

Nobody really believes that Obama is on Israel’s side, not even pro-Obama Jews. What this election has done is proved to the Democrats that they can be as hostile to Israel as they want to be, and they will still get the Jewish vote. The only people Obama’s anti-Israel stance pisses off are the Evangelicals, and the Democrats don’t get their votes anyway.

26. Mars
    27 | December 13, 2012 3:05 pm

Frighteningly true.

27. Mars
    28 | December 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Has anyone noticed how the rise of true evil seems to (much of the time) coincide with anti-semitic sentiment?

29 | December 13, 2012 3:12 pm

@ 2 Carolina Girl: The Seattle Seahawks will win the Superbowl this year and not have to put up with a referee awarding their Superbowl to the Steelers. That was a union hit job.

29. 30 | December 13, 2012 3:13 pm

And the fact that Democrat Catholics blindly voted for him (they will vote Democrat ever since Kennedy -- they could give a CRAP about the issues).

I know a woman (I don’t call her a friend anymore) who would send me email after email detailing bullcrap stories about how Bush was going to reinstitute the draft, etc., etc. I finally asked her if she ever bothered to actually research the crap she was sending on and that I’d appreciate it if she’d remove me from her email list. Later on I found another “acquaintance” of hers who told her the same thing. In fact she went so far as to tell her that for someone who claimed to be such a “political” and involved person, she was the most woefully ignorant of the realities of the situation moron she’d ever seen.

31 | December 13, 2012 3:13 pm

@ 6 Mars: Buy up the Benghazi video and release it.

31. 32 | December 13, 2012 3:15 pm

@ darkwords:

So….you’d like me to write about the Steelers?

33 | December 13, 2012 3:17 pm

@ 26 Iron Fist: Here is where Jewish rabbis should be alinskyed if they supported Obama. Get in their face and make them face a polarity. Ask them if they really are “queers for hamas”

It will take actions that stark to shift the way the country is moving. peacefully polarize it.

34 | December 13, 2012 3:17 pm

@ 32 Carolina Girl: Yes Please. And the 49ers. :-)

34. 35 | December 13, 2012 3:19 pm

@ darkwords:

Actually, I believe the week I wrote about the 49ers they lost to the Rams. The 49er fans I know are asking me to write about the Patriots. With a BIIIIG picture of Tom Brady.

36 | December 13, 2012 3:26 pm

@ 35 Carolina Girl:49 er fans would probably hire you to write about the patriots. $10 a word. They can make it up by shorting your position in vegas.

36. 37 | December 13, 2012 3:35 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Usually the more ignorant the Liberals are, the more they think that they know. The ones that are the most pig ignorant consider themselves experts on all subject matter. I try and avoid their company when I at all can.

37. Mars
    38 | December 13, 2012 3:35 pm

darkwords wrote:

@ 6 Mars: Buy up the Benghazi video and release it.

No lie there.

If anyone doubts just how deeply the liberals have their claws into everything take a look at the 12/12 concert for Sandy relief.

I don’t think an ounce of the money is going to go to the victims.

I know who is behind the concert, I know who’s on their board.

This is not a good group of people.

38. 39 | December 13, 2012 3:36 pm

@ darkwords:

Nah, I work in San Francisco. I’m surrounded by them. They’ll just make my life miserable like they did after the Divisional Game last year (I’m a Saints fan). But I’ll be mentioning the tattoo’d wonder boy just for fun. Of course, he isn’t doing quite so well now that the other teams have some film on him. You only get the “unknown” element going for you for a couple games.

40 | December 13, 2012 3:41 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    Saints play the Cowboys next week…remember how the last game turned out?

40. unclassifiable
    41 | December 13, 2012 3:43 pm

@ darkwords:

Hey hey hey I need the niners to win.

Strictly as an investment.

41. Mars
    42 | December 13, 2012 3:51 pm

I recently came to a horrible conclusion. I’ve decided that next year I’m going to invest in my state lottery every month as soon as it opens up. I ran the numbers and it looks like my odds are about the same at winning it as they are of getting a good career job.

About the same number of people competing for the jobs as there are for my state lottery.

It’s not a huge amount, but it will get me by for a few years (even after taxes.).

And if I don’t win then I guess I’m out 20 bucks a month for three or four months. Other than that I’m not any worse off than I am already.

42. 43 | December 13, 2012 3:55 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

I have some Colombian relatives who think the GOP plans to put them in camps. I am dead serious. One relative has an arsenal in his house and practices guerrilla tactics with some of his friends in the Everglades every other weekend. I asked him what is his proof, and he referred to some Comments BY Ann Coulter and some BS from Univision.

This relative is pretty Far Right and his dad was a Rightwing paramilitary in Colombia back in the 90′s. If even him and some of my relatives believe the BS, it shows you how effective Democratic propaganda is and how Republicans need to counter it.

So I see how your friend fell for that BS. It’s one thing for you and I to tell people we know it’s BS, but if they don’t see it on TV, they don’t believe us. Hence the point of the post. We NEED media infrastructure.

43. 44 | December 13, 2012 3:57 pm

@ Mars:

I was thinking the same thing!

44. 45 | December 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Check your mail!

45. 46 | December 13, 2012 4:01 pm

Jay Carney, big, bad ball-less wolfe, is apparently not interested in getting Bummer’s take on the big story of the day:

White House press secretary Jay Carney responded to reports of violence breaking out during union protests of the Michigan legislature passing right-to-work laws earlier in the week.

Carney said he hadn’t discussed the reports with President Obama.

“I haven’t discussed reports like that with him, so I’m not sure if he’s aware of it, but we would deplore violence in any case,” Carney said Thursday.

Michigan State Police vowed to investigate all reported acts of violence during the protests, including one in which Fox News contributor Steven Crowder was attacked by union protesters, according to the Lansing State Journal.

This is what you call a real “WTF??? moment.

46. yenta-fada
    47 | December 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Sorry if already posted. Russia backing off supporting Assad. Making plans for ‘thousands of Russian citizens’ to evacuate if necessary.

….MOSCOW (AP) — Syria’s most powerful ally, Russia, said for the first time Thursday that President Bashar Assad is losing control of his country and the rebels might win the civil war, dramatically shifting the diplomatic landscape at a time of enormous momentum for the opposition.

While Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov gave no immediate signal that Russia would change its stance and agree to impose international sanctions on Assad’s regime, his remarks will likely be seen as a betrayal in Damascus and could persuade many Syrians to shift their loyalties and abandon support for the government.

Russia’s assessment could also further strengthen the hand of the rebels, who have made some significant gains in their offensive, capturing two major military bases and mounting a serious challenge to Assad’s seat of power, Damascus. “We must look at the facts: There is a trend for the government to progressively lose control over an increasing part of the territory,” Bogdanov, the Foreign Ministry’s pointman on Syria, said during hearings at a Kremlin advisory body, the Public Chamber. “An opposition victory can’t be excluded.”

Bogdanov’s statement marks a clear attempt by the Kremlin to begin positioning itself for Assad’s eventual defeat. He said that Russia is prepared to evacuate thousands of its citizens from Syria, although he didn’t say when that might happen. At the same time, Bogdanov reaffirmed Russia’s call for a compromise, saying it would take the opposition a long time to defeat the regime and Syria would suffer heavy casualties.

“The fighting will become even more intense, and you will lose tens of thousands and, perhaps, hundreds of thousands of people,” he said. “If such a price for the ouster of the president seems acceptable to you, what can we do? We, of course, consider it absolutely unacceptable.” Bogdanov repeated that Russia would stick to an agreement reached in Geneva in June calling for negotiations involving the government and the opposition.

Russia has joined with China at the United Nations Security Council to veto three resolutions that would have imposed sanctions on Assad’s regime over its bloody crackdown on the uprising that began in March 2011. Moscow also has continued to provide the Syrian government with weapons despite strong international protests.
    Fyodor Lukyanov, the editor of the magazine Russia in Global Affairs, said Bogdanov’s statement marked an effort by Russia to position itself for the fall of its ally.

“It’s better to talk about it now than keep saying until the moment of collapse that things remain under control,” he said. The statement may also reflect new information about the situation on the ground received by the Kremlin, he said.
    “A public statement like that appears to indicate that the balance is shifting,” Lukyanov said.

Asked if and when Russia is going to evacuate its embassy in Syria, Bogdanov said that the “moment hasn’t come yet.”
    He added that the Foreign Ministry is looking at possible evacuation plans for thousands of Russian citizens, most of whom are Russian women married to Syrian men and their children. “We have plans for any occasion,” Bogdanov said.
    He said that “half of them support the opposition,” adding that Syrian opposition delegations that have visited Moscow have included some Russian citizens.The Interfax news agency said that if the government decides to evacuate Russians from Syria, it could be done by ships escorted by the Russian navy and by government planes.

47. Mars
    48 | December 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Carney said he hadn’t discussed the reports with President Obama.
    This is what you call a real “WTF??? moment.

Under this admin it’s what they call Thursday.

48. 49 | December 13, 2012 4:12 pm

@ yenta-fada:

The Russians know that now that NATO is openly supporting The Caliphate, Syria is a loss cause. The Russians are going to fortify their possessions in the Caucasus.

This is going to increase Russian paranoia. You have NATO to their west and the Muslim Brotherhood Block (Caliphate towards their south. I don’t really blame them for their outlook. The truth is NATO is the bad guy now.

49. 50 | December 13, 2012 4:14 pm

@ yenta-fada:

most of whom are Russian women married to Syrian men and their children.

Syrian Orthodox Christians. The Russians will use this to give them refuge. The rest will flee to South America. A shame America doesn’t give refuge, but hey they are not Muslim.

50. unclassifiable
    51 | December 13, 2012 4:15 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Well that could be the case but I think if the guy I was supporting was showing suicidal megalomania ala Tony Montana except his little friends are Scuds with Sarin and VX I might just bug my folks out anyway.

51. yenta-fada
    52 | December 13, 2012 4:26 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

@ yenta-fada:

Megalomania is essential to Islamic dictatorships. Ahmadinejad, Erdogan, etc. etc. The ayatollahs seem to be backing Iran’s ‘religious’ nutcase.

52. yenta-fada
    53 | December 13, 2012 4:27 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Canada is also a NATO member. We have a small military with outdated equipment afaik. Ozero is driving this for his MB friends.

53. 54 | December 13, 2012 4:31 pm

@ yenta-fada:

NATO has been an arm of the Islamic interets since the 1990′s. I am very anti-NATO and want it’s dissolution.

54. 55 | December 13, 2012 4:34 pm

Breaking News, from ZIP --

Embattled U.N. envoy Susan Rice is dropping out of the running to be the next secretary of state after months of criticism over her Benghazi comments, she told NBC News on Thursday.

“If nominated, I am now convinced that the confirmation process would be lengthy, disruptive and costly – to you and to our most pressing national and international priorities,” Rice wrote in a letter to President Obama, saying she’s saddened by the partisan politics surrounding her prospects.

“That trade-off is simply not worth it to our country…Therefore, I respectfully request that you no longer consider my candidacy at this time,” she wrote in the letter obtained by NBC News.

Rice had been viewed as one of the front-runners to replace Hillary Clinton as the nation’s top foreign policy official.

I’d ask Speranza if it’s too late to take that bet, but I imagine it’s time for Barry to fire up Dad’s airplane and take it around the block a few times to put forth why he’s still putting Rice forth and he won’t let the evil conservatives and GOP get away with this.

55. 57 | December 13, 2012 4:40 pm

I really hope that kid takes the ‘Skins to the Super Bowl and tells that asshat “bite me.”

56. 58 | December 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Oh, and on further note, the White House has put forth a pork-laden Sandy relief bill, designed, with billions of unnecessary and un-Sandy related spending. The idea, of course, is to load it with pork so that Republicans will vote against it, thereby allowing President Lies-a-Lot to whine that the GOP doesn’t give a crap about these victims, “just like they didn’t care about Katrina.”

My solution? GOP takes the bill, rewrites it with a new name and number, and strips it of pork, and passes it.

57. yenta-fada
    59 | December 13, 2012 4:43 pm

@ yenta-fada:

A view of a Putin/Arab alliance from Doug Casey:

“Once Morsi becomes the new Mubarak of Egypt, he will undoubtedly begin pushing for more Islamist presence throughout the Middle East. The Islamists would seek to topple the governments in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and the other countries in the Persian Gulf and replace them with Islamist regimes. These governments would be vehemently anti-Israel and also hostile towards Israel’s biggest ally -- the United States.

And who stands to gain the most from the establishment of an Islamist, anti-US, pan-Arab state?

Interestingly enough, we believe it is Russian President Vladimir Putin.

A few weeks ago, we mentioned how Vladimir Putin now owns the number-one publicly traded oil producer in the world -- Rosneft. The company is looking to produce more than 4 million barrels per day -- more than that of Exxon Mobil.

According to his master’s thesis, what Putin is looking for is to reestablish Russia as a major world power through the control of natural resources. So far he has already done a good job, maintaining a stranglehold on Europe’s energy. In our upcoming Casey Energy Report, we will complete a two-part series on Putin’s control of Europe -- and how investors could profit.

It is true that a secular Russia and an Islamist Arab state would not be a match made in heaven, but a common opponent (the United States) and a common goal (more revenues for the country’s coffers through higher oil prices) could very well bring them together in a marriage of convenience.

If Putin decides to throw his lot in with the Arab oil-producing countries, it would give him control of over 40% of the world’s oil supply, a figure that would be increased to more than half of all the oil production in the world if the rest of OPEC tagged along.

A unified front of Arab countries combined with the wiles of Vladimir Putin would create an unprecedented level of volatility in the energy markets.”

58. 60 | December 13, 2012 4:46 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

The sad thing is that now he’ll either put forth Samantha Powers or John Kerry. Neither one of them will be any better. But after Rice got canned, you know the Senate will roll over for either one of these losers.

59. 61 | December 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Keep the name and number, and just completely re-write it and don;t let the Senate have another vote on it. Just like ObamaCare. And dare Obama to veto it.

60. 62 | December 13, 2012 4:48 pm

@ yenta-fada:

That analysis is way off. The Muslim Brotherhood has declared Russia it’s #1 enemy. They want to settle scores with the Russia. It’s the US who is allied with the Islamist, not Russia.

Expect to see a Russian-Caliphate war in 10 years!

61. yenta-fada
    63 | December 13, 2012 4:48 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

re: Susan Rice. In other words, she does not want further scrutiny into her past failures.

62. yenta-fada
    64 | December 13, 2012 4:49 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    That analysis is way off. The Muslim Brotherhood has declared Russia it’s #1 enemy. They want to settle scores with the Russia. It’s teh US who is allied with the Islamist, not Russia.
    Expect to see a Russian-Caliphate war in 10 years!

Well, when the tide goes out, we will see who has been swimming naked. :-)

63. 65 | December 13, 2012 4:50 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Progressive tolerance!

ESPN Panelist: RGIII a ‘cornball brother’ because may be a Republican

Dude ought to STFU about race and talk about football. I’m so f**king over race I want to vomit.

64. yenta-fada
    66 | December 13, 2012 4:51 pm

I vote for “the rent is too damn high” guy. /

65. 67 | December 13, 2012 4:53 pm

I am pissed that the US has been patsy of Islamic interests the last 20 years. It makes me very angry. We are the bad guys now. The Republicans can use this against the Democrats, but the national party is bought off.

I am very angry about this.

66. 68 | December 13, 2012 4:54 pm

@ MacDuff:

I am getting sick of these sports analysts trying to be political experts. They are nothing but fools.

67. eaglesoars
    69 | December 13, 2012 4:55 pm

(Hat Tip: Eaglesoars)

Thanks for that but hat tip yerself big guy. You’re the one who has been flogging this into the wind for at least a month. Good work.

back to chores.

68. 70 | December 13, 2012 4:55 pm

Samantha Powers is worse. She advocated A NATO bombing campaign against Israel like was done to the Serbs.

69. 71 | December 13, 2012 4:56 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Check out the next thread at 5! :wink:

70. 72 | December 13, 2012 4:57 pm

And isn’t Obamacare turning out to be the turd we always knew it was. Suddenly you have 16 Democrat Senators (including that jerk and fraud Al Franken) wanting the tax on medical devices put on hold.

Sorry, assholes, you wanted it, you got it. Delaying a tax isn’t going to make it easier. Maybe you should have read the damn bill before you passed it. You can’t change it without both Houses now, and Republicans are not inclined to help you -- you OWN this. Start praying that the Supreme Court finds a loophole and does what it should have done and kick the entirety of the bill to the curb because of the Religious Freedom clause and the fact that the bill has no severability provisions -- by your own makin.

Oh, and Aetna and Blue Cross already saying premiums will double (Aetna) and go up 20% (Blue Cross) in California. I’m sorry -- remind me again -- my premiums were going to go DOWN, right?

71. 73 | December 13, 2012 4:58 pm

@ MacDuff:

Politics has seeped into everything and it fouls everything it touches. We need more John Maddens.

72. 74 | December 13, 2012 5:03 pm

New Thread.

73. 75 | December 13, 2012 5:04 pm

@ MacDuff:

yeah I got pissed at that Costas rant. I spent that weekend trying to block out politics and saw that asshole spew his garbage.

74. 76 | December 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

I’m sorry — remind me again — my premiums were going to go DOWN, right?

It is called the Affordable Care Act for a reason. By the time they are done, all affordable health insurance will be gone, leaving only the Government as an insurer. This is by Design. Marxists always want to make things worse. They want thing to get so bad that the People overthrow the existing order in the hopes of getting something, anything that is better. Then the Marxists waltz into power, and suppress the revolution, and kill everyone who has a chance of making anything better. Marxism is about shared misery for the 99%, and unimaginable power for the one percent. The stupid American people are following their script.

75. 77 | December 13, 2012 5:12 pm

New Thread.

76. unclassifiable
    78 | December 13, 2012 5:48 pm

Especially Kerry since he is a former member of the club.

79 | December 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Purchasing stalking horses in the new meida. Astroturf facebook, twitter , pinterest, reddit. Bot opinion against media targets.

80 | December 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Support anonymous even if at odds with them. Support the EFF even though they are liberally driven. Pass new privacy legislation.

79. 81 | December 13, 2012 9:58 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

He’s a truly evil POS.
    And a Serb-basher from way back.

Carolina Girl wrote:

Sorry, assholes, you wanted it, you got it. Delaying a tax isn’t going to make it easier. Maybe you should have read the damn bill before you passed it. You can’t change it without both Houses now, and Republicans are not inclined to help you — you OWN this. Start praying that the Supreme Court finds a loophole and does what it should have done and kick the entirety of the bill to the curb because of the Religious Freedom clause and the fact that the bill has no severability provisions — by your own makin.
    Oh, and Aetna and Blue Cross already saying premiums will double (Aetna) and go up 20% (Blue Cross) in California. I’m sorry — remind me again — my premiums were going to go DOWN, right?

Older people cannot get jobs that have insurance benefits. It’s part-time only for us. And we don’t get paid enough to afford insurance.

So we end up living like THIS and hoping we don’t get any sicker before we can emigrate.