Joke of the Day: Obama says he’s more Moderate Republican than Socialist

by Rodan ( 235 Comments › )
Filed under Barack Obama, Democratic Party, Humor, Progressives at December 14th, 2012 - 3:00 pm

As much as I hate Obama, I have to admit he is funny at times. His latest funny act is claiming his policies are more Moderate Republican than Socialist!

President Barack Obama believes that if he were president 25 years ago, his economic policies would make him a moderate Republican.

During an interview with Noticias Univision 23, the network’s Miami affiliate newscast, Obama pushed back against the accusation made in some corners of south Florida’s Cuban-American and Venezuelan communities that he wants to instill a socialist economic system in the U.S. The president said he believes few actually believe that.

“I don’t know that there are a lot of Cubans or Venezuelans, Americans who believe that,” Obama said. “The truth of the matter is that my policies are so mainstream that if I had set the same policies that I had back in the 1980s, I would be considered a moderate Republican.”

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, this was so funny! I swear Obama should have been a stand up comedian! To be fair, one thing he has in common with Moderate Republicans like the Bush Family and McCain is his love of Islam. Other than that, this has to be the funniest thing I have read!

Tags: ,

Comments

235 Responses to “Joke of the Day: Obama says he’s more Moderate Republican than Socialist”

1 | December 14, 2012 3:28 pm

He’s a “moderate Republican,” a “supporter of Israel,” a candy mint, a floor wax, and a fine dessert topping.

2. 2 | December 14, 2012 4:05 pm

“Take my wife, PLEASE!”

3 | December 14, 2012 4:13 pm

Obama addressed the nation about the school shooting.
    He kept choking up with grief.
    I got the distinct impression that he was faking
    appropriate behavior for the camera.

4 | December 14, 2012 4:14 pm

BO is an idiot…smooth talker would not survive on the streets or in a middle class work place….he’s a moron in a Brooks Bros suit…I’d love an opportunity to accidentally headbutt that asshole

5. 5 | December 14, 2012 4:19 pm

I can’t take listening to more than a few seconds of his robotic voice. It oozes of narcissism.

6. 6 | December 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Must be all that CHOOOOOM! he’s done over the years, and still continues to do while on the Down Low at the same time.

7. unclassifiable
    7 | December 14, 2012 4:23 pm

Actually he would be more in tune to Teddy Roosevelt and Herbert Hoover. You could throw Richard Nixon in there too but his level of progressivism was so out and out weird I am not sure how to classifiy it. Rodan you would probably throw G. W. Bush in there also with Stimulus I and Medicare Part D.

May I remind folks that even Reagan had deficits (ahem) but everyone needs to understand that Congress and the Executive brancjh have to work in concert to make a budget and guide spending.

8. 8 | December 14, 2012 4:29 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

. . . . understand that Congress and the Executive brancjh have to work in concert to make a budget and guide spending.

A budget? What’s that?

9. unclassifiable
    9 | December 14, 2012 4:30 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

He’s white, he’s black, he’s a Muslim, he’s a Christian, he’s an atheist, he’s Kenyan, he’s an Indonesian, he’s Hawaiian, he’s straight, he’s gay, he’s a smoker, he’s a health nut…

Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick he’s a friggin Swiss Army person!

Aw damn it now he’s Swisssssss….

FOOOOOOOOM!

We interrupt this rant to notify you that Unclassifiable’s head just imploded.

10 | December 14, 2012 4:32 pm

@ unclassifiable:

Probably why we haven’t had a budget in 3 years.

11. unclassifiable
    11 | December 14, 2012 4:33 pm

@ father_of_10:

I thought you were going to ask me what a “brancjh” was?

/whew that was close

12. 12 | December 14, 2012 4:34 pm

@ unclassifiable:

As Leftist as some of those Moderate Republicans were, Obama is far closer to McGovern than them.

13. theoutsider
    13 | December 14, 2012 4:56 pm

Obama is far closer to Nixon, Ford, Rockefeller, and George Romney, than McGovern.

15 | December 14, 2012 4:59 pm

theoutsider wrote:

Ideologically, Obama is closer to Mao than he is to any previous American president. He’s just allowed the need to be reelected moderate his actions somewhat to this point.

As he let his buddy Putin know, though, he’ll have “more flexibility” in this term, since there are no constraints on his power now.

16 | December 14, 2012 4:59 pm

theoutsider wrote:

how much debt is too much?

16. yenta-fada
  17. Guggi
    18 | December 14, 2012 5:03 pm

theoutsider wrote:

Ford

Maybe to Henry Ford not to Gerald Ford.

20 | December 14, 2012 5:04 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

How Zero saved the victims of Sandy:

yeah, he stiffed those folks too…the Stiffer In Chief…outsider has no comment oddly enough

19. theoutsider
    21 | December 14, 2012 5:06 pm

@ theoutsider:
    If you look at history, he’s probably more of an Eisenhower republican though.

20. yenta-fada
    22 | December 14, 2012 5:07 pm

The ‘Don’t worry, be happy Preezy’ fails to notice OR UNDERSTAND….

21. Guggi
    23 | December 14, 2012 5:08 pm

theoutsider wrote:

@ theoutsider:
    If you look at history, he’s probably more of an Eisenhower republican though.

Sorry, but you’re insane.

22. yenta-fada
    24 | December 14, 2012 5:09 pm

@ heysoos:

My husband is reading the book you recommended “Boss”, and it really is an eye opener. A bit dated, and a style suitable to newspaper columns, of course. But accurate and fascinating. A good companion to the TV series.

23. yenta-fada
    25 | December 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Guggi wrote:

theoutsider wrote:

@ theoutsider:
    If you look at history, he’s probably more of an Eisenhower republican though.

Sorry, but you’re insane.

Someone had to say it clearly. lol

26 | December 14, 2012 5:16 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

@ heysoos:

heh, I remember that and good for him…you nailed it but I read it when it first came out and Daley was still in office…the Chicago Way precedes Daley by a hundred years…it’s a special sort of American thing…colorful, yet toxic..like Capone himself

27 | December 14, 2012 5:17 pm

father_of_10 wrote:

unclassifiable wrote:

A budget? What’s that?

A budget is a list of winners and losers.

Winners get money and losers don’t.

26. 28 | December 14, 2012 5:20 pm

theoutsider wrote:

@ theoutsider:
    If you look at history, he’s probably more of an Eisenhower republican though.

That’s a preposterous statement, I await your expansion on it with bated breath.

29 | December 14, 2012 5:22 pm

Buzz alluded to this way up thread…
    shooter was a clinical lunatic

28. theoutsider
    30 | December 14, 2012 5:22 pm

@ MacDuff:
    Look at his record.

31 | December 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

Exactly

32 | December 14, 2012 5:26 pm

theoutsider wrote:

I find him closer to Lenin. Don’t ya think?

33 | December 14, 2012 5:27 pm

theoutsider wrote:

@ MacDuff:
    Look at his record.

show us your record…why do you live here if you hate America?…we invented football and yet you hate us….how do you rationalize that?…I’ll bet you really hate Tony Romo

32. Guggi
    34 | December 14, 2012 5:34 pm

theoutsider wrote:

@ MacDuff:
    Look at his record.

I guess such stupid claims come from Rick Ungar and they are as well false as stupid

As Reason Magazine’s Peter Suderman and AEI’s James Pethokoukis have noted, federal spending under the Obama administration has been at historic highs, consuming 24 percent of the economy, on average, compared to around 20 percent under George Bush, and 20 percent or less in most years since the end of World War II. (That percentage holds true even if you blame Bush for the record spending in 2009 after he left office, which is somewhat misleading). In 2011, the federal budget reached $3.6 trillion, compared to $2.9 trillion in 2008. By contrast, under the Eisenhower administration, the federal budget ranged from $76 billion in 1953, to $97 billion in 1961, according to the World Almanac. So Obama is obviously a bigger spender than either Bush, or Eisenhower, contrary to Rick Ungar’s absurd claim that Obama is “the smallest government spender since Eisenhower.” Ungar cites the claims of a liberal reporter, MarketWatch’s Rex Nutting, who has claimed that “under Obama, federal spending is rising at the slowest pace since Dwight Eisenhower.” As the Washington Examiner notes, this is misleading, since it largely blames Bush for $400 billion in spending in 2009 that Obama was responsible for, including major spending increases that Bush had opposed:

Nice try but now to the facts.

33. 35 | December 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Only way Obama’s close to those guys is in the phone directory.

34. 36 | December 14, 2012 5:37 pm

theoutsider wrote:

@ MacDuff:
    Look at his record.

You make assertions, then provide no facts to back them up……are you too stupid to do your own research?

Lets see, Ike presided over an unprecedented economic boom, built the Interstate Highway system (possibly the most impressive contraction project in the history of man) and cemented the US as the preeminent power on the planet, just for starters.

Obama wouldn’t make a patch on Ike’s ass.

35. 37 | December 14, 2012 5:40 pm

@ MacDuff:

“Contraction project” = “construction project”

I’m sure that’s probably assumed, but theoutsider is a bit slow on the uptake……

36. johnnydowrong2
    38 | December 14, 2012 5:44 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

To commentators with ugly, angry, slur comments about Obama… Thank you!
    You are among the reasons normal people stay away from GOP and Tea Party…You racists truly ARE hateful people!

I mean really 20 kids under 9 years old get slaughtered and if anyone do not get emotional about it is well to me as sick as the #$%$-hole who shot them. that makes Obama a narcisisst that you black-hating racist falsely call him?

The comments on here about this are almost as sick as what this lunatic did. From these comments it’s easy to see where he came from.

President Obama cares about people. You may disagree with him on certain issues, but he’s not a bad person.

37. johnnydowrong2
    39 | December 14, 2012 5:44 pm

No, Barack Obama is obviously not a communist. Nor indeed a Marxist, nor a Maoist. After the enormously public failure of communism, he’d be a fool to be -- and he isn’t.
    Barack Obama might possibly be a Muslim. But this is not an issue, since there is no law in the USA barring members of a religion from holding a public office.
    Barack Obama is not a pathological liar, although he, quite by necessity and like all other Presidents is a habitual liar. At least he doesn’t start wars with his lies.
    Barack Obama is not a homosexual, as his wife can attest.
    You just a sad, sick, pathetic hateful racist! The people who call our President a socialist use this rhetoric for racist reasons and/or because they’ve never cracked open a book on political theory.
    socialism

so·cial·ism
    [soh-shuh-liz-uhm] Show IPA.
    noun
    a theory or system of social organization that advocates the vesting of the ownership and control of the means of production and distribution, of capital, land, etc., in the community as a whole.
    procedure or practice in accordance with this theory.
    (in Marxist theory) the stage following capitalism in the transition of a society to communism, characterized by the imperfect implementation of collectivist principles.

Based on this definition, what action has the Obama Administration taken that qualifies as socialist?
    Nothing at all, but the frothy mouthed wingers can’t call him another word so they settle for that.

It’s no mystery here that I’ve been critical of many of Obama’s policies, however, I have spoken out when he has been unfairly characterized or treated by the right-wing media or absurd wing-nuts (some of whom post on this blog) in a variety of ways which contradict each other, and NONE of which Obama is: Liberal, Marxist, Communist, Socialist, A Muslim, anti-American, not American, gay, traitor, Usurper, an Enemy of America, a Racist, a Narcissist, a Liar, and on and on. In an alphabet of lies from the right I posted, I’ve said this fact once, I’ll say it again. The only reason the party of hypocritical louts choose to call Barack Obama a Marxist, Communist, Muslim is for the sole purpose that they cannot call him what they really want to call him, and that is NIGGER!

38. 40 | December 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Heh, Eisenhower presided over the biggest construction project in man’s history, while Obama is presiding over the biggest contraction project in man’s history.

Yeah, just alike. :D

39. johnnydowrong2
    41 | December 14, 2012 5:44 pm

@ heysoos:

What a racist piece of crap you are.Hope Ss beats your ass!

42 | December 14, 2012 5:49 pm

Johnny Boo Boo!…waz up?
    yup, I’m a bonified BO racists…I hate white people including him…
    pass the bong dude

41. 43 | December 14, 2012 5:49 pm

@ johnnydowrong2:
    @ johnnydowrong2:
    @ johnnydowrong2:

Ya better crawl back under your rock before the sun dries out your putrid ass.

42. 44 | December 14, 2012 5:55 pm

Later, peeps. I’ve seen enough of trolls for one evening (and they’re not even interesting trolls!). I need to kill some brain cells….gotta keep ‘em in check or they’ll just overrun the place!

Have a wonderful evening.

45 | December 14, 2012 6:00 pm

@ johnnydowrong2:
    You really tend to rant, don’t you?
    Whenever someone drops the race card they have already lost the
    debate.
    There are not racists on this board with the possible exception of you.
    Obama is critcised for his actions and policies not his race.
    But you think that his race should shield him, which does make you
    a racist, now doesn’t it?

46 | December 14, 2012 6:01 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Only way Obama’s close to those guys is in the phone directory.

Really

45. 47 | December 14, 2012 6:02 pm

@ heysoos:

Check it out, everyone -- the circus came to town and left without one of its clowns!

46. 48 | December 14, 2012 6:03 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

(and I wasn’t referring to YOU, Heysoos….)

47. 49 | December 14, 2012 6:04 pm

What, this board doesn’t have a contract with Orkin?

48. 50 | December 14, 2012 6:04 pm

However, if you’d care to cruise over to LGF or WonKKKette, you’ll find all kinds of racist slurs on Tim Scott and Lt. Col. West.

49. 51 | December 14, 2012 6:06 pm

@ Mike C.:

Nah, Rodan promised he’d pick up some Round-Up at Home Depot, and now he’s saying I’m the one who promised to do it. I said okay, over the weekend, and I’ll be picking up an Iron Fist Troll Hammer while I’m there.

52 | December 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Carolina Girl:
    (and I wasn’t referring to YOU, Heysoos….)

what? are you saying you don’t like my rubber nose?

53 | December 14, 2012 6:11 pm

this would be a good time to post some John Hurt…something easy and soothing…life goes on

52. song_and_dance_man
    54 | December 14, 2012 6:13 pm

I see we have another idiot 1.0′er visiting us.

53. 55 | December 14, 2012 6:13 pm

@ heysoos:

I think it’s grand, darlin’.

BTW, for all you “trolls” who only get the GAZE from me, I’ll break my rule on addressing all y’all just once, to give you some advice. If you want me to come after you, I most certainly will; I don’t because I have respect for this board and the people on it. I don’t like seeing attention whores arrive for the sole purpose of making it all about them. Hence: GAZE — I gaze upon your asshattedness in all it’s glory. Since attention is what you want.

But before you open that little can of worms. I want you to cruise your ass over to Diary of Daedalus and read what I do to Charles Johnson on a regular basis and ask yourself if you really, really want to go there.

56 | December 14, 2012 6:15 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Mike C.:

They used to love to race smear Condi Rice

55. song_and_dance_man
    57 | December 14, 2012 6:16 pm

I didn’t see one racist thing in heysoos’ comment. The LLL is convinced that if someone doesn’t like the Chair it has to be because he’s half black.

56. 58 | December 14, 2012 6:19 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

Obama is marxist = RAAAACIST
    Clarence Thomas is extremist -- Speaking truth to power.

59 | December 14, 2012 6:20 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    consider outsider plays in the Pee Wee league…
    jus sayin

60 | December 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ heysoos:

Check it out, everyone — the circus came to town and left without one of its clowns!

This bed wetter, Johnnydowrong has obviously not read
    the racist comments by Obama in his memoirs.

59. song_and_dance_man
    61 | December 14, 2012 6:22 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Chair is the racist

Radical
    Acting
    Commander
    Initiating
    Socialist
    Takeover

RACIS

60. unclassifiable
    62 | December 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Man I leave this place to get a drink and someone has clogged the toilet and left johnnytwoturds all over the floor.

/gets out mop and clorox

61. song_and_dance_man
    63 | December 14, 2012 6:24 pm

@ unclassifiable:
    I think you should loan IT your gravatar.

62. 64 | December 14, 2012 6:24 pm

@ unclassifiable:

Not only that, he left the damn seat up as well. Urban Infidel and I are PO’d.

63. 65 | December 14, 2012 6:25 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

Doesn’t need to it can use its high school yearbook photo.

64. 66 | December 14, 2012 6:26 pm

@ heysoos:

To which I say, if he keeps it up -- welcome to the NFL!

67 | December 14, 2012 6:28 pm

Where did the 5th year Sociology major go?

68 | December 14, 2012 6:30 pm

Later Gators.

67. song_and_dance_man
    69 | December 14, 2012 6:30 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

I never got that complaint. The darn seat has hinges and can be lowered.

/re-closes the can

68. unclassifiable
    70 | December 14, 2012 6:30 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Being presumptive aren’t we.

I mean that assumes that johnny2turds graduated.

BTW I left the seat up. Sorry bad bachelor habit.

69. song_and_dance_man
    71 | December 14, 2012 6:31 pm

Where did the 5th year Sociology major go?

He’s checking with Foster for a rebuttal.

70. 72 | December 14, 2012 6:32 pm

@ unclassifiable:

Okay, YOU I will forgive.

Mom called him for dinner. I hear it’s mystery meatloaf today.

71. unclassifiable
    73 | December 14, 2012 6:34 pm

OK I am going back to the janitors closet to finish my drink… er um … empty the mop bucket and disinfect everything.

You kids behave and wash your hands after you do your business damn it.

72. 74 | December 14, 2012 6:34 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

I don’t know where it comes from either. I think it’s from guys taking putting the seat up, taking a whiz, forgetting to lower it again and a woman going into the bathroom and sitting down, not realizing the seat is up. I imagine it is rather funny to watch when it happens.

Forget the hinges -- why isn’t someone turning on the light?

73. 75 | December 14, 2012 6:34 pm

Guggi wrote:

Nice try but now to the facts.

Liberals only play when they can get their own facts.

76 | December 14, 2012 6:38 pm

@ johnnydowrong2:

No, Barack Obama is obviously not a communist. Nor indeed a Marxist, nor a Maoist. After the enormously public failure of communism, he’d be a fool to be — and he isn’t.

It’s just a coincidence that nearly every person he’s ever been associated with in his entire life is one, though. I’m sure he just ignored everything he was ever taught.

75. 77 | December 14, 2012 6:43 pm

Don’t you just LOVE a good coincidence.
    BTW, how is my favorite pretty puppy on the planet?

76. song_and_dance_man
    78 | December 14, 2012 6:44 pm

Back to the topic of the thread.

I think what Chair is referring to is the fact that Medicare was enacted with 47% of (R)’s backing Johnson in this portion of the Great Society program/initiative. However, and this is big, no one at that time knew(or probably ignored) what a beast Fed funded entitlement programs would become.

So in a very small and only one way is he right, but he attempts to lump every other program that was on level with Medicare as though all Moderate (R)’s were on board with every other program that was instituted with the same intention.

As usual he twists the facts and explains away his socialism with examples that have nothing to do with his forward radical ideals.

79 | December 14, 2012 6:48 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Don’t you just LOVE a good coincidence.
    BTW, how is my favorite pretty puppy on the planet?

She’s trying to convince me that it’s dinnertime at the moment.

78. 80 | December 14, 2012 6:50 pm

Some further news (but not verified).
    The weapons used in the attack today belonged to the perpetrator’s Mother and that he, shall we way “approrpriated” them. Stay tuned.

79. song_and_dance_man
    81 | December 14, 2012 6:51 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

I don’t know where it comes from either.

My guess it comes from the days of being Gentlemen and Ladies. I still open a door(car or building) for a gal, so I guess closing a Loo seat should be the right thing to do. So it must be the right thing to do.

I repent. ;-)

82 | December 14, 2012 6:53 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

Speaking of Medicare:

Dems draw red line on raising Medicare age, complicating talks

While Democrats claim Republican resistance to tax hikes has hamstrung House Speaker John Boehner in talks over the looming fiscal crisis, President Obama’s allies are drawing some red lines of their own.

The result is that anything Obama and Boehner might agree to faces an uncertain fate on the floors of the House and Senate.

The item that has most galvanized Democrats in opposition is the prospect of raising the Medicare eligibility age. This was included in Boehner’s counterproposal last week and has long been discussed as part of a long-term deficit-reduction package.

But while talks between Boehner and Obama sputter, Democratic leaders on Capitol Hill have used the window to mount a stiff resistance. House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi this week gave the idea a big thumbs-down, only to be echoed days later by Dick Durbin, the No. 2 Democrat in the Senate.

“Raising the Medicare age represents more of the same,” Pelosi wrote in a USA Today column. “For seniors nearing retirement, it means less security for themselves and their families. It betrays the bedrock promise of Medicare: that Americans who work hard and take responsibility all their lives can know dignity in their later years.”

The hardening opposition among Democrats to this entitlement cut has only complicated talks between Obama and Boehner. While Obama blames Republican opposition to raising taxes on the top 2 percent, Boehner has taken to blaming Obama for glossing over the need for entitlement cuts.

81. 83 | December 14, 2012 6:53 pm

My cats do that. They wake me at 1:30 in the morning with the “time for NOMS!” cry and I look at the clock and inform them it is not time to get up.

84 | December 14, 2012 6:55 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Some further news (but not verified).

And he’s been variously described as “autistic,” “learning disabled,” or having Asperger’s syndrome.

83. 85 | December 14, 2012 6:55 pm

Oooo….I’m getting flamed at Disqus because I said I thought Obama’s note cards for his speech said “Pause here to wipe ‘tear’ from under left eye.”

86 | December 14, 2012 6:56 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Fortunately, Leia doesn’t do that. She goes to bed when I do, and usually gets up when I do.

85. 87 | December 14, 2012 6:57 pm

Asperger’s? I know those with Asperger’s get frustrated and tend to act out, but I’m not all that familiar with that level of violence being displayed.

86. song_and_dance_man
    88 | December 14, 2012 6:57 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

I heard the weapons belonged to the mom and he took them.

87. song_and_dance_man
    89 | December 14, 2012 6:59 pm

Even old hippies want their Obama Stash sooner, rather than later.

90 | December 14, 2012 6:59 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Of course, none of that precludes his just being psycho…

89. song_and_dance_man
    91 | December 14, 2012 7:01 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

A friend of mine taught his cat to almost act like a dog. He would call it, it would come, he would talk to it and the cat would respond and obey.

92 | December 14, 2012 7:02 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Even old hippies want their Obama Stash sooner, rather than later.

Of course, they’re talking about gradually raising the eligibility age over something like the next 18 years, but hey, who needs facts, right?

That’s as stupid as when 20 year olds were rioting in Greece over the retirement age being raised by 2 years.

93 | December 14, 2012 7:04 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

@ Carolina Girl:

Cats can be trained to do all that stuff. They just typically don’t want to, so they don’t.

Dogs are much more geared toward trying to please their humans.

92. song_and_dance_man
    94 | December 14, 2012 7:10 pm

Raising the eligibility rate makes sense. People live longer in better health than in the 60′s when the program was lawed(is that a legit word?. My current job which I started at 48 will take me to 68 if I gain the grace of God to live that long and retire with a decent pension. And even after that I think I’ll take a job with the evil Walmart or McDonalds as an aside to buttress SS and PERA.

95 | December 14, 2012 7:13 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

And the full eligibility age for Social Security is already 67, so doesn’t it make sense that Medicare should be the same?

94. song_and_dance_man
    96 | December 14, 2012 7:23 pm

It makes perfect sense unless the one asking for this relief is in dire straits and has a record of employment and contribution.

97 | December 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Looks like the dogs in New Zealand successfully learned how to drive.

98 | December 14, 2012 7:38 pm

I hope Leia doesn’t see this:

97. Aussie Infidel
    99 | December 14, 2012 7:44 pm

They make smart dogs down under.

I know Mark quite well actually. He’s a really well known Animal psychologist / Trainer here in NZ.

I used to fly with his dad, Gordon Vette who was the Air NZ DC-10 Fleet Command Captain and a great aviator. He won the World Aviation Excellence Award in the 1990s from the RAS for guiding a lost flyer in the middle of the Pacific to Norfolk Island, with some REALLY smart flying and great bit of imaginative problem solving. Mark’s brother was also a great pilot and was the youngest F-111 captain in the Royal Australian Air Force.

100 | December 14, 2012 7:48 pm

@ Aussie Infidel:

The one in the Youtube video was more impressive, since he actually went around a curve.

Although his parking wasn’t so good.

99. Aussie Infidel
    101 | December 14, 2012 7:51 pm

Like your ‘reindeer friend’ there lobo! :)

Is he Donner or Blitzen? His nose isn’t red so he’s definitely not Rudolph :)

100. Brick
    102 | December 14, 2012 7:53 pm

I hope Leia doesn’t see this:

I think the real test would be to see if he’ll brake for a squirrel.

103 | December 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Brick wrote:

I hope Leia doesn’t see this:
    I think the real test would be to see if he’ll brake for a squirrel.

Do they have squirrels in New Zealand?

102. Aussie Infidel
    104 | December 14, 2012 7:57 pm

@ Brick:
    He’d probably think … what the hell is a squirrel? (There are no squirrels in NZ mate) and then jump right out the window and chase it anyway! :)

103. Aussie Infidel
    105 | December 14, 2012 7:58 pm

Actually the REAL test is whether he can get out of the seatbelt and take the governor off line and go for a few high speed laps :)

104. Aussie Infidel
    106 | December 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Mark Vette is a great publicist. He just hit it out of the park with the publicity he’s scored with this. :)

107 | December 14, 2012 8:00 pm

@ Aussie Infidel:

An American dog would demand a Mustang or maybe an SUV, instead of a Mini.

106. Aussie Infidel
    108 | December 14, 2012 8:01 pm

I Feel a lazy Saturday afternoon lunch calling me.

See you guys tomorrow. Sleep well. :)

107. Aussie Infidel
    109 | December 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Very true and an Afghan dog who somehow escaped getting eaten by his master would demand a truck filled with C-4!

108. 110 | December 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Obama=’moderate Republican’ about like mfhorn=6’6″ tall.

I’m 5’7″.

109. Brick
    111 | December 14, 2012 8:12 pm

Brick wrote:
    I hope Leia doesn’t see this:
    I think the real test would be to see if he’ll brake for a squirrel.
    Do they have squirrels in New Zealand?

Damn. A potentially humorous mental image destroyed by an ugly fact. :(

110. brookly red
    112 | December 14, 2012 8:13 pm

Looks like the dogs in New Zealand successfully learned how to drive.

the teamsters ain’t happy…

111. eaglesoars
    113 | December 14, 2012 8:21 pm

mfhorn wrote:

Obama=’moderate Republican’ about like mfhorn=6’6″ tall.

I’m 5’7″.

The man is a pathological liar. I didn’t even believe his ‘speech’ about the massacre in Conneticut (sp?)

I expect him to hit the links sometime this weekend.

112. Brick
    114 | December 14, 2012 8:26 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

I expect him to hit the links sometime this weekend.

Those golf clubs ain’t gonna swing themselves!

113. eaglesoars
    115 | December 14, 2012 8:31 pm

Brick wrote:

Those golf clubs ain’t gonna swing themselves!

heh. Have you noticed Donald Trump has NOT invited him to join any of his clubs? Trump is a HUGE player -- he loves the game -- but apparently no one wants to play with Obama.

116 | December 14, 2012 8:43 pm

I’m tired of being demonized.

115. brookly red
    117 | December 14, 2012 8:45 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

I’m tired of being demonized.

I think I missed something

118 | December 14, 2012 8:48 pm

@ brookly red:

Not here. Just in general.

117. brookly red
    119 | December 14, 2012 8:50 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ brookly red:

Not here. Just in general.

yeah go on

120 | December 14, 2012 8:50 pm

Brick wrote:
    Those golf clubs ain’t gonna swing themselves!
    heh. Have you noticed Donald Trump has NOT invited him to join any of his clubs? Trump is a HUGE player — he loves the game — but apparently no one wants to play with Obama.

because obama cheats at golf.

Regards,

-Coldwarrior
    President, BGGCC
    Awards Committee Chair
    Players Team Captain

121 | December 14, 2012 8:54 pm

@ brookly red:

I read the header, and just followed the logical conclusion as to what Soetoro is up to when he describes himself as he did.

It just moves me (us, if you’re so inclined) further towards “radical,” “extreme,” and “dangerous.”

122 | December 14, 2012 8:55 pm

@ brookly red:

Sorry I wasn’t more specific.

My bad.

121. brookly red
    123 | December 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ brookly red:

really, hmmm. I just read it as he is lying, again. I suppose you could read that into it but actually I don’t think he is that smart.

122. brookly red
    124 | December 14, 2012 9:04 pm

the pizza rebellion continues! http://www.myfoxny.com/story/20350175/tom-monaghan-sues-feds-over-new-health-care-law

125 | December 14, 2012 9:12 pm

Golf isn’t the only thing he cheats at, unfortunately.

126 | December 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Brick wrote:
    Those golf clubs ain’t gonna swing themselves!

because obama cheats at golf.

Regards,

-Coldwarrior
    President, BGGCC
    Awards Committee Chair
    Players Team Captain

Hey, I remember that thread. I’d just sold the house in Cleburne and we were celebrating with rusty nails and big ceegars. I couldn’t talk NoThreat into a lap dance.

125. eaglesoars
    127 | December 14, 2012 9:22 pm

Brick wrote:
    Those golf clubs ain’t gonna swing themselves!

because obama cheats at golf.

Regards,

-Coldwarrior
    President, BGGCC
    Awards Committee Chair
    Players Team Captain

OH MY GOD

I have played golf maybe 12 times in my entire life -- the toughest course Mahogany Bay at St. Thomas. I get into a trap and I just pick up the ball and throw it on the green. Not a serious player, obviously. But even MY swing is better than THAT!! And my ‘cheating’ is up front. Right out in the open and nobody keeps my score. I’m just out there to spend good money on ruining a perfectly nice walk and hitch a ride on a golf cart.

I do have good clubs tho. I have to get back into it.

128 | December 14, 2012 9:26 pm

FORE!!!

127. eaglesoars
    129 | December 14, 2012 9:27 pm

FORE!!!

heh. In my case foreWARNED!

I truly suck. I truly don’t care.

130 | December 14, 2012 9:29 pm

I have played golf maybe 12 times in my entire life

You’re probably about 4 games ahead of me… that is full 18 holes. My son and I used to go fairly regularly to a 9 hole course and that was all the golf I needed.

131 | December 14, 2012 9:29 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

I truly suck. I truly don’t care.

then for you it isnt:

a good walk spoiled.

its just a nice walk in a well manicured park.

132 | December 14, 2012 9:29 pm

@ 21 theoutsider: Conservatives: slow to change, measured change. Liberals: Quick to change, unmeasured change. Hope and Change.

That parts him apart from most Republicans.

133 | December 14, 2012 9:30 pm

@ huckfunn:

3x18 holes a week average, walking all of them for about 8 months out of the year.

last year i walked 120plus miles on the course.

134 | December 14, 2012 9:31 pm

- the toughest course Mahogany Bay at St. Thomas

toughest course i ever played was oakmont cc

135 | December 14, 2012 9:33 pm

@ huckfunn:

last year i walked 120plus miles on the course.

That’s a good thing. I just don’t want to get out in front of a bunch of people and look stupid. Not only that, it’s so damn hot for a good part of the year down here. If I’m outside I want to be soaking in a pool.

136 | December 14, 2012 9:35 pm

@ huckfunn:

oh, it gets damned humid up here. i go early in the AM to beat the heat.

rodan was shocked how humid it gets here and he lives in florida!

137 | December 14, 2012 9:38 pm

huckfunn wrote:

I just don’t want to get out in front of a bunch of people and look stupid

hell, i do that all the time.

138 | December 14, 2012 9:39 pm

Did you see this? Kliff Kingsbury gets head coach job at Texas Tech. Kingsbury, former ace QB at Tech was the Aggie OC and replaces Tommy Tuberville who fleux de coupe and ran off to Cincinnati. Kingsbury is only 33!

137. eaglesoars
    139 | December 14, 2012 9:39 pm

- the toughest course Mahogany Bay at St. Thomas

toughest course i ever played was oakmont cc

Oakmont. Johnny Miller ’72, I think? I remember. I had Palmer’s autograph -- after he tried to kill me with a ball ricocheting off a tree above my head -- lost in the flood.

Mahogany Bay has NO line of sight. None.

138. eaglesoars
    140 | December 14, 2012 9:41 pm

huckfunn wrote:

I just don’t want to get out in front of a bunch of people and look stupid

I do that every time I get on the course. I don’t care. Eventually, they -- ‘other people’ -- don’t either.

139. 141 | December 14, 2012 9:41 pm

@ huckfunn:

Sorry for the time in getting back to you on this, but you asked a few days ago if I was in KS, and yes, I’m in Wichita.

What’s the latest on Lily’s recovery?

142 | December 14, 2012 9:42 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Oakmont. Johnny Miller ’72, I think? I remember. I had Palmer’s autograph — after he tried to kill me with a ball ricocheting off a tree above my head —

i’m jealous.

143 | December 14, 2012 9:43 pm

huckfunn wrote:

33…ok, looks like tech might be looking at a long term coach there.

144 | December 14, 2012 9:45 pm

mfhorn wrote:

@ huckfunn:

What’s the latest on Lily’s recovery?

Now I seem to remember that you’re from Kansas. I’ve been mostly absent from the thread for much of the past week, so I’m not sure. Calo’s been keeping up with her and will hopefully give us an update.

145 | December 14, 2012 9:45 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Mahogany Bay has NO line of sight. None.

that makes it tough. my cc has that issue on a bunch of holes as well. lotsa blind shots on 1, 2, 4, 9, 11, and 17.

and trees….trees…trees

144. unclassifiable
    146 | December 14, 2012 9:47 pm

huckfunn wrote:

33…ok, looks like tech might be looking at a long term coach there.

No such thing as a “long term” coaching hire.

“There are two types of coaches. those that are fired and those that are gonna get fired.”
    -Bum Phillips

147 | December 14, 2012 9:48 pm

33…ok, looks like tech might be looking at a long term coach there.

Kingsbury may well be the youngest head coach in NCAA FB. He sure did a nice job at A&M and that’s probably what got him the nod at tech, along with the fact he bleeds black and red.

148 | December 14, 2012 9:48 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

No such thing as a “long term” coaching hire.

yeah…true. true.

149 | December 14, 2012 9:49 pm

huckfunn wrote:

i like seeing an alumnist come back and get a chance to run the show. it’s nice.

150 | December 14, 2012 9:49 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

No such thing as a “long term” coaching hire.

-Bum Phillips

Heh. One of my favorite Bum quotes. It also works well for independent petroleum landmen.

149. unclassifiable
    151 | December 14, 2012 9:52 pm

huckfunn wrote:

unclassifiable wrote:

No such thing as a “long term” coaching hire.

-Bum Phillips

Oh man do you got one of those jobs where you lie to momma and tell her you play piano in a whore house?

152 | December 14, 2012 9:54 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

Haw! Actually, she worked with me up in the Barnett Shale for about 3 years after she retired from teaching 3rd grade.

151. unclassifiable
    153 | December 14, 2012 9:55 pm

@ huckfunn:

Just kidding. I have had to support and enhance royalty and lease systems so I know it’s a thankless job.

152. eaglesoars
    154 | December 14, 2012 10:00 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Mahogany Bay has NO line of sight. None.

and trees….trees…trees

The funniest thing -- if you ‘have’ a course at a club or something you walk it first so you literally get the lay of the land and get to know it. At Mahogany Bay EVERYBODY was a freaking tourist. We met a group coming THE WRONG WAY. We heard a ‘play thru’ holler and it was coming from in front of us. They had no idea where they were or that they had started from the 12th hole. I think we were on the 5th hole. We -- of course -- let them play thru but we showed them the map. They were thoroughly embarrassed but I really can’t blame them. It’s a confusing course and nothing but mountain. It was hysterical.

153. song_and_dance_man
    155 | December 14, 2012 10:00 pm

I just heard Savage make a fine observation. No one in the MSM is mentioning the Waco massacre.

154. 156 | December 14, 2012 10:00 pm

I found a job I’ll be applying for this weekend, doing something very similar to my current position (life insurance) but for about 60% more money. And probably a chance for future raises, which we don’t get at the call center.

155. brookly red
    157 | December 14, 2012 10:03 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

song_and_dance_man wrote:

well most of them weren’t born then… how about no one in the MSM is mentioning fast & furious.

156. Moe Katz
    158 | December 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Regarding the theme of Rodan’s thread:

You need to distinguish between someone’s ideological druthers and their actual policy. O has socialist druthers but sees himself as bending to the demands of reality to the point of being indistinguishable at times from a moderate Republican. I don’t think he’s entirely wrong here, and it seems to me the debates showed some overlap between the two candidates on a broad range of issues.

157. brookly red
    159 | December 14, 2012 10:06 pm

mfhorn wrote:

good luck

160 | December 14, 2012 10:07 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

@ huckfunn:

Actually, I’ve been a landman for the better part of 33 years and it’s been very rewarding. I’ve been an independent for all but 1 of those years. I’ve had exactly one paid Christmas and 1 paid vacation in all of those years, but it has been worth it. Of course if I had my druthers, I druther be a piano player in a ho house. :grin:

159. brookly red
    161 | December 14, 2012 10:08 pm

Regarding the theme of Rodan’s thread:

2 words, RINO’s suck.

160. eaglesoars
    162 | December 14, 2012 10:08 pm

mfhorn wrote:

Oh good gracious. The very BEST of luck and prayers …….

161. brookly red
    163 | December 14, 2012 10:09 pm

huckfunn wrote:

unclassifiable wrote:

@ huckfunn:

I suppose playing the piano is better than playing the organ ;)

162. eaglesoars
    164 | December 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

Whatever you’re smoking -- I want some.

163. eaglesoars
    165 | December 14, 2012 10:11 pm

brookly red wrote:

I suppose playing the piano is better than playing the organ

NO NO NO NO

You did NOT just say that.

Yeah, you did.

164. Moe Katz
    166 | December 14, 2012 10:11 pm

Marv Levy: predicting the winner (of the Super Bowl) is easy … being right’s the hard part,”

165. Moe Katz
    167 | December 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Moe Katz wrote:
    Whatever you’re smoking — I want some.

No, you give me some of yours!

166. brookly red
    168 | December 14, 2012 10:13 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

Whatever you’re smoking — I want some.

no, that was spot on. a moderate republican is like a dull knife, it may have a point but it is useless in a fight.

167. brookly red
    169 | December 14, 2012 10:15 pm

brookly red wrote:

I suppose playing the piano is better than playing the organ

NO NO NO NO

You did NOT just say that.

Yeah, you did.

awww come on, I gotta be me :)

168. song_and_dance_man
    170 | December 14, 2012 10:16 pm

@ brookly red:

recall

I meant the Ft. Hood killings.

169. brookly red
    171 | December 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Moe Katz wrote:
    Whatever you’re smoking — I want some.

No, you give me some of yours!

hey that’s not moderate republican, that’s liberal democrat

170. Moe Katz
    172 | December 14, 2012 10:21 pm

@ brookly red:
    Do you really think O would, in his heart of hearts, have opposed the admission of the Pals to UN observer state status? Presidents don’t really have their druthers, they’re really circumscribed by Congress, the State Dep’t, and reality in general.

171. brookly red
    173 | December 14, 2012 10:22 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

@ brookly red:

recall

I meant the Ft. Hood killings.

/oh the tragic work place accident? I remember hearing something about that…

172. song_and_dance_man
    174 | December 14, 2012 10:22 pm

@ Moe Katz:

I think Chair was referring to things that were done in the 60′s that somehow give him cred in the avenue he’s driving down in this instance.

See my 78

173. brookly red
    175 | December 14, 2012 10:24 pm

@ brookly red:

honestly, I don’t think he has a heart of hearts. I think he is a tool of satan. There I said it.

174. Moe Katz
    176 | December 14, 2012 10:24 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

@ Moe Katz:
    See my 78

That makes sense.

175. song_and_dance_man
    177 | December 14, 2012 10:26 pm

aladam I make great chicken noodle soup.

176. Moe Katz
    178 | December 14, 2012 10:27 pm

brookly red wrote:

Well perhaps, but it’s a tribute to the US system of gov’t with its checks and balances that he isn’t able to do a lot more damage.

177. eaglesoars
    179 | December 14, 2012 10:28 pm

brookly red wrote:

Consider that stolen and I’m taking all the credit.

Off to do some reading. Good. Nite.

178. eaglesoars
    180 | December 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

he isn’t able to do a lot more damage.

WHAT???

gawd. It’s a good thing my reading is science fiction.

179. Moe Katz
    181 | December 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Moe Katz wrote:
    he isn’t able to do a lot more damage.
    WHAT???
    gawd. It’s a good thing my reading is science fiction.

If you read SF you should have a good imagination. Now imagine the world if Obama had his druthers.

180. brookly red
    182 | December 14, 2012 10:39 pm

brookly red wrote:

well yes and no, he has ravaged the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and it is a blessing he has not turned country into the old Soviet, but I don’t think the checks and balances have much to do with it.

I think that he/they know that in the event of a civil war (and don’t think it couldn’t happen) he would not have the support of the military.

181. Moe Katz
    183 | December 14, 2012 10:42 pm

brookly red wrote:

Unless Powell comes out of retirement….

182. brookly red
    184 | December 14, 2012 10:45 pm

brookly red wrote:

Unless Powell comes out of retirement….

I do believe he/they are trying to subvert the military, but I don’t see it happening.

183. Moe Katz
    185 | December 14, 2012 10:47 pm

brookly red wrote:

You would know more about that than I do, but I would expect you’re right.

184. 186 | December 14, 2012 10:52 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

aladam I make great chicken noodle soup.

I could use some of that right now…

185. Philip_Daniel
    187 | December 14, 2012 11:26 pm

188 | December 14, 2012 11:33 pm

brookly red wrote:

Unless Powell comes out of retirement….

Colin Powell is a joke.

187. brookly red
    189 | December 14, 2012 11:34 pm

Philip_Daniel wrote:

just another day in east flatbush…

188. Moe Katz

:mrgreen: Indeed.

brookly red wrote:

@ brookly red:

brookly red wrote:

Indeed.

eaglesoars wrote:
    Mahogany Bay has NO line of sight. None.
    and trees….trees…trees

The funniest thing — if you ‘have’ a course at a club or something you walk it first so you literally get the lay of the land and get to know it. At Mahogany Bay EVERYBODY was a freaking tourist. We met a group coming THE WRONG WAY. We heard a ‘play thru’ holler and it was coming from in front of us. They had no idea where they were or that they had started from the 12th hole. I think we were on the 5th hole. We — of course — let them play thru but we showed them the map. They were thoroughly embarrassed but I really can’t blame them. It’s a confusing course and nothing but mountain. It was hysterical.

190. 192 | December 15, 2012 12:32 am

@ eaglesoars:

That makes two of us. I’m sure in the note cards was “Pause for effect and wipe under left eye to simulate tear.”

Who the hell needs note cards to express grief at a tragedy?

193 | December 15, 2012 1:07 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Who the hell needs note cards to express grief at a tragedy?

Someone who was raised by wolves and/or Communists.

192. Moe Katz
    194 | December 15, 2012 2:05 am

Communist wolves? Why should there only be commie rats?

193. 195 | December 15, 2012 2:52 am

Fossil Rocks Anthem…

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ClJ5lwl_wM0

That’s definitely a “double Heh.”

Hat tip -- TattooedIntellectual at GCP

194. 196 | December 15, 2012 2:53 am

Damnit…

195. Guggi
    197 | December 15, 2012 3:02 am

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Where does this number come from (47 percent) ?

What I could find was:

SENATE YEA NAY NOT VOTING

Democrats 57 7 4

Republicans 13 17 2

HOUSE YEA NAY NOT VOTING

Democrats 237 48 8

Republicans 70 68 2

source

So 13/70 votes are hardly 47 percent.

196. 198 | December 15, 2012 3:41 am

@ Guggi:

You’re right -- it’s a bit over 48%. 83 votes out of 172.

197. Guggi
    199 | December 15, 2012 6:09 am

STATEMENT BY THE U.S. CONFERENCE OF MAYORS PRESIDENT
    PHILADELPHIA MAYOR MICHAEL NUTTER
    ON THIS MORNING’S MASS SHOOTING IN NEWTOWN

Washington, D.C. – U.S. Conference of Mayors President Philadelphia (PA) Michael A. Nutter today issued the following statement on the Connecticut school shooting:
    “Again and again and again, Americans are stunned by senseless acts of violence involving guns. Today’s tragedy targeting young children in Newtown is incomprehensible.

“On behalf of The U.S. Conference of Mayors, I send our condolences to the victims, their families, and their community. We know that Newtown First Selectman Patricia Llodra and Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy are doing everything possible today to help the community cope with so much loss and pain.

“Too many times this year, mayors have expressed shock at a mass shooting. The Conference has been calling for sensible gun laws to protect the public for more than 40 years. We hope that today’s monstrous act of gun violence finally forces this nation’s leaders to make reasonable changes in our gun laws and regulations – changes that will help prevent senseless tragedies such as the one that has rocked Newtown and the nation.

“As a country, we don’t need more debate, no more excuses. The time for action is now.”

198. Guggi
    200 | December 15, 2012 6:11 am

@ Mike C.:

I didn’t know that you count congressmen and senators as one. I don’t compare apples and oranges.

199. Guggi
    201 | December 15, 2012 6:19 am

Bloomberg: Obama Must Take ‘Immediate Action’ Against Guns

Today, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, an ardent gun control advocate, moved to politicize the monstrous school shooting in Connecticut, issuing the following statement:

With all the carnage from gun violence in our country, it’s still almost impossible to believe that a mass shooting in a kindergarten class could happen. It has come to that. Not even kindergarteners learning their A,B,Cs are safe. We heard after Columbine that it was too soon to talk about gun laws. We heard it after Virginia Tech. After Tucson and Aurora and Oak Creek. And now we are hearing it again. For every day we wait, 34 more people are murdered with guns. Today, many of them were five-year olds. President Obama rightly sent his heartfelt condolences to the families in Newtown. But the country needs him to send a bill to Congress to fix this problem. Calling for ‘meaningful action’ is not enough. We need immediate action. We have heard all the rhetoric before. What we have not seen is leadership – not from the White House and not from Congress. That must end today. This is a national tragedy and it demands a national response. My deepest sympathies are with the families of all those affected, and my determination to stop this madness is stronger than ever.

If Bloomberg’s deepest sympathies were with the family, he wouldn’t use this as an opportunity to get on his soapbox about gun control. We don’t know all the facts of the case yet, Connecticut has some of the most restrictive gun control laws in the country, and it seems that the shooter obtained his guns legally.

200. 202 | December 15, 2012 6:27 am

Guggi wrote:

@ Mike C.:

SADM’s post, to which you were responding, said 47% or R’s supported the legislation. It didn’t discriminate between the houses of congress. He was right (more or less), you were wrong.

Not rocket science here…

203 | December 15, 2012 6:32 am

@ Guggi:
    It’s not about guns, it’s all about control.

204 | December 15, 2012 6:35 am

Guggi wrote:

@ Mike C.:

Before the passage of the Seventeenth Amendment there was a big difference between the House and the Senate. Now days not so much, two sides of the same coin.

205 | December 15, 2012 6:50 am

Something the DemonicRats refuse to admit…
    The Only Way To Stop A Man With A Gun Is With A Gun
    Disarming the law abiding is rewarding the criminal.

204. 206 | December 15, 2012 7:35 am

@ Da_Beerfreak:

If you read over the thread on the shooting, notice how quickly fultonchain morphs from wanting “reasonable” control of “assault weapons” to telling you how many and what kind of guns you can own, how you can and cannot carry them, and even how much ammunition you are allowed to own. What he never comes out and says is that only the politically connected would be allowed to own guns in the first place, just like New York City. It is nothing about preventing shootings like this (which arming the potential victims would do) and all about using a tragedy to further their political agenda.

207 | December 15, 2012 7:36 am

So now they’re saying Lanza’s mother had no association with the school what so ever. The media are such lazy louts

208 | December 15, 2012 7:39 am

The point we really have to make clear is that when deterrence works no one gets hurt. This fact does not fit in with the liberal plan and must be suppressed at all costs.

209 | December 15, 2012 7:45 am

@ Da_Beerfreak:

lets change the types of weapons and ammo to types of words….nouns, verbs, adverbs, and adjectives.

we need reasonable noun, verb, adverb, and adjective control!

208. 210 | December 15, 2012 7:45 am

waldensianspirit wrote:

In the age of instant information, most of the Information is crap. It seems to take longer to get the facts than it did in the past!

What the purpose of Twitter, other than for celebrities to, instantaneously, broadcast their ignorance to the world?

209. Guggi
    211 | December 15, 2012 7:47 am

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Thank you for your information and your polite manners.

212 | December 15, 2012 7:48 am

we need sensible noun, verb, adverb, and adjective control!

We have that now, it’s called politically correct speech…

213 | December 15, 2012 7:51 am

@ Guggi:
    :oops:

212. 214 | December 15, 2012 7:54 am

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    Indeed. Free expression is, by its nature, offensive to someone. If you’re not stepping on someone’s toes, you’re speech isn’t truly free.

213. 215 | December 15, 2012 7:54 am

@ Da_Beerfreak:

When someone uses a gun in self-defense, it doesn’t make the news. What message does it send to the unstabe that if they go into a classroom and killl a bunch of unarmed kids, they will be famous? The media has its role in these kinds of events. No one is proposing media control. The gun controllers know that the answer to abuses of the Second Amendment are the same as for abuses of the First Amerndment: more freedom, not less. That is if you want to really do something about the problem. The Left isn’t interested in that. If they were they’d be talking about going back to putting the insane in assylums where they can’t hurt people. If someone is a danger, they shouldn’t be walking the streets. It shouldn’t be a question of whether or not they can buy a gun. After all, if they kill someone with an axe, that person is just as dead as if they;’d used a gun. In this case, the gunman could have used pretty much any other weapon he chose. No one was armed to stop him, and the kids were defenseless.

214. Guggi
    216 | December 15, 2012 8:02 am

That so many Republicans had supported Johnson’s medicare bill only shows that Republicans (as well as Democrats) have never been such a monolithic block like some here wish they should be.

Jacob Javits (R) was certainly more liberal than James Eastland (D).

217 | December 15, 2012 8:05 am

There are two things that the liberals fail to understand, reality and human nature. That’s why they are hopelessly trapped in their little world of make believe. Which would be fine by me if they would stay there but they want to drag the rest of us down with them.

218 | December 15, 2012 8:14 am

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

we need sensible noun, verb, adverb, and adjective control!
    We have that now, it’s called politically correct speech…

not me.

i speak freely.

217. 219 | December 15, 2012 8:22 am

With strict gun control, Britain’s gun crime has gone up 89% in the last decade. The gun controllers don’t want to look at the positive side of gun ownership. Over the last 20 year the trend in the States has been to allow freer access to guns and especially carrying guns, and crime has gone down. At worst, allowing carrying guns doesn’t increase crime. Therefore the State has no reason or authority to continue to resist such measures. This is something the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals has just told Illinois. I expect them to appeal it to the Supreme Court, where Roberts will have a chance to redeem himself from his ObamaCare ruling.

220 | December 15, 2012 8:23 am

obamacare tax on ammo.

219. 221 | December 15, 2012 8:23 am

Oddly, Huckabee is on Fox actually making a little sense. Who knew?

222 | December 15, 2012 8:29 am

MacDuff wrote:

Oddly, Huckabee is on Fox actually making a little sense. Who knew?

that fool governed to the left of bill clinton yet is held in regard as a voice on the right. he has so many groups on the right suckered it isnt even funny. heh, he isnt the fool. those who think he is a conservative are the fools.

221. 223 | December 15, 2012 8:31 am

Hmm, they’re saying some of these teachers were huddled in hiding with their students…..praying. The old axiom that there are “no atheists in a foxhole” is proven once again. Secularism and diversity just aren’t appropriate when facing possible death.

222. 224 | December 15, 2012 8:35 am

MacDuff wrote:

Oddly, Huckabee is on Fox actually making a little sense. Who knew?

Well, like the broken (mechanical analog) clock, he had a moment of correctness this morning, and it had nothing to do with his unfortunate politics.

225 | December 15, 2012 8:36 am

lecture is up.

(and the fresh ‘coldwarrior’s own’ double smoked pepper bacon from my buds at the smoke/slaughterhouse make is getting fried up now)

224. 226 | December 15, 2012 8:39 am

lecture is up.

Wise man say “never fry bacon in the nude”. : D

225. 227 | December 15, 2012 9:00 am

Obama has chosen John Kerry as Sec State. Scary. This man is a traitor, but I expect him to sail through confirmation. The Republicans believe in being collegial more than they believe in good governance.

226. Guggi
    228 | December 15, 2012 9:04 am

I guess this was all staged. Choose someone who will be fought and then come up with your original choice.

229 | December 15, 2012 9:05 am

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

we need sensible noun, verb, adverb, and adjective control!
    We have that now, it’s called politically correct speech…

not me.

i speak freely.

Same here. Fork the libtards with chainsaw…

228. 230 | December 15, 2012 9:16 am

If Republicans oppose ‘Lurch’, would they be prejudiced against former Swift Boaters who marry in to money?

229. 231 | December 15, 2012 9:19 am

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

we need sensible noun, verb, adverb, and adjective control!
    We have that now, it’s called politically correct speech…

not me.

i speak freely.

Same here. Fork the libtards with chainsaw…

Sideways!

230. 232 | December 15, 2012 9:32 am

@ Guggi:

I suspect as much. Kerry might would have met with opposition if he’d been the first out of the gate, but here the Republicans score a tactical victory while continuing to lose the war. Oh, well. I expect the next four years to be compounded misery. I don’t have high expectations for the Obama Administration at all.

231. 233 | December 15, 2012 9:33 am

@ mfhorn:

I want to tax John Kerry’s ass off. Put him in the 90% bracket. He’s living off a dead man’s money, anyway.

232. Guggi
    234 | December 15, 2012 9:51 am

@ mfhorn:

A fugly Gigolo :-P

233. Moe Katz
    235 | December 15, 2012 6:34 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Wise man say “never fry bacon in the nude”. : D

I thought that was how you make spotted dick.