NFL Week 15! Open Thread

by Carolina Girl ( 241 Comments › )
Filed under Uncategorized at December 16th, 2012 - 12:49 pm

Oh wow. I’m starting to think this column is the kiss of death to good teams. I tell everyone to tune in to watch the Houston Texans and they get stomped by Bill Belichik and his Trilby with a football. So who don’t we like this week? I’ll be accepting PayPal bribes for the next two weeks to write about any team (featuring a photo of key player) you’d like to see lose big. Xmas is coming up and Momma needs a new set of rims. I’ve had to promise Flyboy and the Football Savant Offspring never to mention the team from Oakland and Lily’s requested I never mention that Crescent City bunch again.

So here’s a photo of Tom Brady. This should please my 49er fan friends (and I have many – so I’m sorry to those of you who requested that I write about them this week.  I spend all day with these people and they have access to office supplies that can accurately travel a decent distance when hurled).

Also, my column gets put to bed on Friday, so I would like to take this opportunity to express my condolences to the Dallas Cowboy family for the untimely loss of Jerry Brown. But the team paid their respects in the finest way possible – victory on the field.

And to Rob Parker – currently suspended by ESPN for being a self-important bigot – I got an email from RG III — which stated simply, “Rob who?”

Here are the matchups this week (and nice job on the dog-killer’s team Thursday night, Mighty Bengals).

Giants @ Falcons

Broncos @ Ravens

Packers @ Bears

Redskins @ Browns   (you show ‘em who’s “cornball, ” RG III)

Colts @ Texans

Jaguars @ Dolphins

Buccaneers @ Saints

Vikings @ Rams

Lions @ Cardinals

Seahawks @ Bills

Panthers @ Chargers

Steelers @ Cowboys

Chiefs @ Oakland   (Football Savant Offspring will be in the stands – be sure to wave, son!)

49ers at Patriots

Monday’s Game

Jets @ Titans

Comments

241 Responses to “NFL Week 15! Open Thread”

1 | December 16, 2012 1:58 pm

NYG playing without Bradshaw…7-5
    Redskins playing without RG3…7-6
    Cowboys (7-6) play the Steelers…
    things are getting interesting in the NFC East
    meanwhile the Gints are getting pounded by the Falcons

2. 2 | December 16, 2012 2:00 pm

this is important! so i’m reposting it from the abandoned previous thread….

i have been told that i make a rather good coconut macaroon cookie. i must say that the batch i just made are by far my very best. they’re incredibly good. and the coconut, on the outside is toasted just perfectly. i’ve never accomplished that before. i don’t have a clue what i did differently either.

Santa is gonna leave me the BEST presents! :-)

3. yenta-fada
    3 | December 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Kirly wrote:

this is important! so i’m reposting it from the abandoned previous thread….

Santa is gonna leave me the BEST presents!

That is DEFINITELY worth a repost. :-)
    Take that, Starbucks.

4. yenta-fada
    4 | December 16, 2012 2:17 pm

A repost for Kirly.

5 | December 16, 2012 2:19 pm

The Giants gave the ball to a guy named Kregg Lumpkin.

6 | December 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

The Giants gave the ball to a guy named Kregg Lumpkin.

shoulda taken the FG

7. yenta-fada
    7 | December 16, 2012 2:29 pm

The world of the permanently entitled professional Democrat with grievances:

On Thursday’s “Your World,” Neil Cavuto repeatedly pressed Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson for specifics on what Democrats would be willing to cut as part of a budget agreement. For her part, the Texas congresswoman insisted on focusing on “revenue generation.”

“No, you told me things you’d do to raise taxes. That’s what you told me. Credits, allowances, that sort of stuff. That’s what you told me,” Cavuto said.

“You’ve got to talk about revenue generation,” the congresswoman replied.

“I know that, but it’s 100 percent of what you’re talking about, congresswoman,” said Cavuto.

“It is not 100 percent of what I’m talking about. If you’d shut up for just a second, I would try,” she responded.

Cavuto shot back: “You got to tell me one thing you’d cut. I beg you congresswoman, one thing you would say, I would cut this. What would it be?”

Rep. Johnson thought for a moment and responded: “You.”

A pause.

“You don’t know, do you?” asked Cavuto.

“Well, yes I do know, but I have to have time to explain it. I can’t tell you I’m going to walk in and cut this and cut that. First of all, it has to have be some type of dialogue.

8 | December 16, 2012 2:30 pm

@ heysoos:

I saw it on a feed.

I have Eli in my fantasy playoffs, and can’t bear to watch that.

Instead I got to watch Joe Flacco throw a 99-yard pick 6!!

9 | December 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ heysoos:
    I saw it on a feed.
    I have Eli in my fantasy playoffs, and can’t bear to watch that.
    Instead I got to watch Joe Flacco throw a 99-yard pick 6!!

I’m a Cowboy fan…Gints need to lose, Boys have to win later
    Atl 24
    NYG 0

10 | December 16, 2012 2:46 pm

Falcons putting the whoop-ass on the Giants. Now 24-squat. If the Cowboys can beat the Steelers, they’ll be tied with the Giants. I think Dallas would win the tie-breaker as they are 3-2 in the division and NY is 2-3.

11 | December 16, 2012 2:49 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Dallas has to play the Redskins in DC yet…I’m thinking Dallas has to win out, next week they have the Saints at NO…not an easy thing

12 | December 16, 2012 2:49 pm

@ heysoos:
    Beat me to it. Browns currently leading the Skins 14-10. It would be a good day for the Cowboys if da Boys can win while Skins and Giants both go down.

13 | December 16, 2012 2:51 pm

huckfunn wrote:

@ heysoos:

indeed…big day today for the East

14. 14 | December 16, 2012 2:54 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

A repost for Kirly.

bwahahahah! omg, that’s too funny. too bad it’s entirely true.

15 | December 16, 2012 3:24 pm

Common where is the steeler/49 er love from you. They are needy.

16 | December 16, 2012 3:26 pm

@ 7 yenta-fada: She is a liar that doesn’t know. That is how a liar reasons.

17 | December 16, 2012 3:27 pm

Next year lets get an ESPN fantasy league going to Blogmocracy. It’s easier to do these days. and free if no money involved.

18 | December 16, 2012 3:34 pm

@ darkwords:

That’s how I play.

That would be fun.

19 | December 16, 2012 3:35 pm

@ Bumr50: I could get my brother to play also. An intro to the blogmocracy. lol

20 | December 16, 2012 3:36 pm

NYG are getting hammered…
    Matt Ryan has a masterpiece game going

21. 21 | December 16, 2012 3:41 pm

@ darkwords:

The Democrats have no intention of cutting anything other than the military. Now that they intend to gut. I bet they are giddy over sequestration. They don’t even have to vote to gut the military. That vote has laready happened, and they didn’t payt for it with their jobs. I am unconvinced that Boehner wasn’t in on this from the beginning. He gave the Democrats everything that they’ve asked for, all packaged up with a Christmas bow.

22 | December 16, 2012 3:41 pm

The Bears are down 8 to the Pack midway through the 4th quarter.
    They keep getting break after break and can’t take advantage.
    Cutler keeps scowling, throwing interceptions and blaming
    everybody else.
    It’s hard to be a Bears fan. Da Bears!

23. 23 | December 16, 2012 3:50 pm

Falcons gave me an early Christmas present.

24 | December 16, 2012 3:52 pm

Rancher wrote:

Falcons gave me an early Christmas present.

no kidding…NYG have not been shut out in 16yrs

25. 25 | December 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Why isn’t RG III playing?

26 | December 16, 2012 4:12 pm

@ Rancher:

Grade 1 LCL sprain.

27 | December 16, 2012 4:16 pm

steelers looked terrible last week, and much of this season as well. so yinz cowboy fans may have a win today.

i am hoping for the steelers to lose the rest of their games and get higher draft picks.

28. Calo
    28 | December 16, 2012 4:20 pm

One word, Cowboys.

29 | December 16, 2012 4:23 pm

We need a back to replace the truther China doll, Rashard Mendenhall.

30 | December 16, 2012 4:31 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

We need a back to replace the truther China doll, Rashard Mendenhall.

we need more than that.

31. Calo
    31 | December 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Since this is an open thread, and the question has been asked by some Blockmockrateers….

I spoke with Lily yesterday.

She is home and doing well, although a bit tired and uncomfortable after her heart bypass surgery last week. However, I am done passing on information about her condition.

Now, it is her turn to fire up the computer and speak for herself…

Lily? You are up.

32. 32 | December 16, 2012 4:41 pm

Rancher wrote:

Why isn’t RG III playing?

Perhaps the NFL’s Black Caucus has deemed him “inauthentic”.

33 | December 16, 2012 4:43 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Rancher wrote:
    Why isn’t RG III playing?

Perhaps the NFL’s Black Caucus has deemed him “inauthentic”.

he’s a cornball….whatever that is
    he single handedly beat the Cowboys three weeks ago…he’s awesome

34 | December 16, 2012 4:47 pm

@ Calo:

the cardiac nurse has spoken.

35 | December 16, 2012 4:47 pm

heysoos wrote:

cornball

Sounds hard on the teeth.

36. 36 | December 16, 2012 4:48 pm

Calo wrote:

I spoke with Lily yesterday.

Now, it is her turn to fire up the computer and speak for herself…

Lily? You are up.

Perhaps the Saints’ 41-0 romp over Tampa Bay wore her out!

37 | December 16, 2012 4:48 pm

hi Lily!
    get well soon and come back and see us

38. 38 | December 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

heysoos wrote:

cornball

Sounds hard on the teeth.

…or maybe a bit nasty. :D

39 | December 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Heeeeaaaaaaaaath!!!

40. Calo
    40 | December 16, 2012 4:54 pm

/Compassionate Caring

41. 41 | December 16, 2012 4:56 pm

Since they lost, it’s “duhhhhhh, bears….”
    Loins vs. Cardinals = Toilet Bowl!

42. 42 | December 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Calo wrote:

One word, Cowboys.

Two words: Dog Killers!

43. Lily
    43 | December 16, 2012 5:01 pm

@ Calo:

Yeah Lynn…finally got on the computer today. I spent a good lively hour deleting junk e-mail. ;)

44. Calo
    44 | December 16, 2012 5:03 pm

CRAP! Someone better delete the spill on aisle #43

45. Lily
    45 | December 16, 2012 5:03 pm

@ Calo:

the cardiac nurse has spoken.

Indeed! 8-)

46. Lily
    46 | December 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Calo wrote:

CRAP! Someone better delete the spill on aisle #43

LOL!!!! 8-)

47. brookly red
    47 | December 16, 2012 5:04 pm

yo! :)

48. Calo
    48 | December 16, 2012 5:07 pm

@ Lily:

It’s OK, that is my name.
    Glad to see you finally enjoy the land of the living, again.

49 | December 16, 2012 5:07 pm

I’d like to watch one game, just one Cowboy game where I don’t have a heart attack…been a long 46 years

50. Lily
    50 | December 16, 2012 5:08 pm

@ MacDuff:

Naw…but I have to admit it doesn’t take much to wear me out. ;)
    Actually my first day back on the computer…since they snatched me away and held me hostage first thing I remember was going to candy mountain and the next thing you know one of my kidney’s was missing!!
    /don’t buy into the Candy Mountain lie. There is no Candy there. :(

51 | December 16, 2012 5:10 pm

Hey!

52. Lily
    52 | December 16, 2012 5:12 pm

heysoos wrote:

hi Lily!
    get well soon and come back and see us

You guys think ya could’ve gotten rid of me that easy??? 8-)
    /I was going to get on yesterday but the nap won out. ;)

53. Calo
    53 | December 16, 2012 5:12 pm

LMAO … Candy Mountain?

Please, someone pass me the narcotics that Lily is stashing in her house.

54. Lily
    54 | December 16, 2012 5:14 pm

@ brookly red:

Yo Brookly!!! And yo back at cha! :)

55. Lily
    55 | December 16, 2012 5:16 pm

Calo wrote:

@ Lily:

It’s OK, that is my name.
    Glad to see you finally enjoy the land of the living, again.

Yeah each day a little bit more energy and am surprised the computer isn’t killing my legs. So doing okay in that regard. ;)

56. Lily
    56 | December 16, 2012 5:16 pm

heysoos wrote:

?

57 | December 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Yo, Lillllllllllllly!
    How are you feeling?

58. Lily
    58 | December 16, 2012 5:17 pm

@ Bumr50:

Hey Bumr50!!! ;)

59 | December 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Macker wrote:

Since they lost, it’s “duhhhhhh, bears….”
    Loins vs. Cardinals = Toilet Bowl!

We have one dumb ass quarterback,Cutler.

60. Calo
    60 | December 16, 2012 5:19 pm

heysoos wrote:

?

What does it matter? He is a faux Southerner posting the Blues utoobage and trying to win our hearts.

61. Lily
    61 | December 16, 2012 5:21 pm

@ Calo:

Ahhhh so you haven’t heard of it then have ya?

62. Lily
    62 | December 16, 2012 5:22 pm

Calo wrote:

CRAP! Someone better delete the spill on aisle #43

Dammit!! Yes please clean-up on asile #43 PLEASE…I blame the meds!!!! So Soooooooooooooorrrry!!!!!!

63 | December 16, 2012 5:23 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Rancher wrote:

Why isn’t RG III playing?

Perhaps the NFL’s Black Caucus has deemed him “inauthentic”.

Well you do know he has a “White” girlfriend.
    Since he is not a rapper that puts his Black cred
    into question.
    There is also a suspicion that he may be, gasp!
    A Republican!

64. 64 | December 16, 2012 5:23 pm

@ MacDuff:

Naw…but I have to admit it doesn’t take much to wear me out.
    /don’t buy into the Candy Mountain lie. There is no Candy there.

Hi Lily, good to see you back! Consider yourself HUGGED!

65. Lily
    65 | December 16, 2012 5:26 pm

Yo, Lillllllllllllly!
    How are you feeling?

Pretty good for being run over by an eighteen-wheeler! Hey Rix how you doing??

66 | December 16, 2012 5:27 pm

Calo wrote:

heysoos wrote:
    ?

I am a faux southerner…I cannot spell ben-yay

67. Lily
    67 | December 16, 2012 5:27 pm

@ Calo:

LOL!!!!! ;)

68 | December 16, 2012 5:28 pm

Yo, Lillllllllllllly!
    How are you feeling?
    Pretty good for being run over by an eighteen-wheeler! Hey Rix how you doing??

I am doing great Lilly & it sounds like you are too.
    Just recover quickly.

69 | December 16, 2012 5:29 pm

besides Lily, who can spell ben-yay…honestly

70 | December 16, 2012 5:29 pm

See y’all later.

71. Lily
    71 | December 16, 2012 5:29 pm

@ MacDuff:

Thanks MacDuffed!!!! Hugged back!!! :)

72. Bordm
    72 | December 16, 2012 5:33 pm

@ heysoos:
    Beignet…. just sayin’….

73. Lily
    73 | December 16, 2012 5:34 pm

Yo, Lillllllllllllly!
    How are you feeling?
    Pretty good for being run over by an eighteen-wheeler! Hey Rix how you doing??
    I am doing great Lilly & it sounds like you are too.
    Just recover quickly.

Those are my orders recover quickly..but correctly by hubby too! Apparently I am going to be my husbands vacation this year. :( I still on oxygen and extremely sore and hurting in some places. But each day I feel a bit stronger. Which is really good!!!! ;)

74. Calo
    74 | December 16, 2012 5:36 pm

@ Bordm:
    Heh, another Texan here tonight.

The NRA Convention is in town in May 2013 -- pass your email on to HuckFinn please. We are trying to get a Blogmock meet up underway.

75. Mars
    75 | December 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Lily, welcome back.

Beignet, wonderful little sweetened puffs of pastry.

And I’m from MT.

Wish I could get them up here more often. Never been in the south to have them there, though it was a southern bbq joint that I first had them.

76 | December 16, 2012 5:46 pm

@ Lily:

Those are my orders recover quickly..but correctly by hubby too! Apparently I am going to be my husbands vacation this year. I still on oxygen and extremely sore and hurting in some places. But each day I feel a bit stronger. Which is really good!!!!

That’s fantastcic!

77. 77 | December 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Lily! welcome back! Glad you’re home and doing well.

78 | December 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Lily, welcome back.
    Beignet, wonderful little sweetened puffs of pastry.
    And I’m from MT.

you have not lived til you’re having beignets and Bloody’s in Jackson Park at 10am

79 | December 16, 2012 5:56 pm

After the Bears loss to the Pack today, Brian Urlacher who is on the DL
    was interviewed .
    He was asked about the conversation among the fans & the Media,
    whether or not Head Coach Lovie Smith should be back next year.
    He answered “Two people that I don’t care about are the Media
    and the fans. They don’t know what they’re talking about.
    Then he was asked about the fans reaction to their disgraceful
    performance today.
    He answered, “I could not care less about the fans.”
    I can’t wait to spend a gazillion dollars to go to another
    Bears game./

80 | December 16, 2012 5:57 pm

After the Bears loss to the Pack today, Brian Urlacher who is on the DL
    was interviewed .
    He was asked about the conversation among the fans & the Media,
    whether or not Head Coach Lovie Smith should be back next year.
    He answered “Two people that I don’t care about are the Media
    and the fans. They don’t know what they’re talking about.
    Then he was asked about the fans reaction to their disgraceful
    performance today.
    He answered, “I could not care less about the fans.”
    I can’t wait to spend a gazillion dollars to go to another
    Bears game./

he’s washed up…time to retire back in New Mexico

81. Bordm
    81 | December 16, 2012 6:01 pm

@ Calo:
    I’m planning on being there, sent Huck an email. :grin:

82. Lily
    82 | December 16, 2012 6:02 pm

@ Mars:

Thanks Mars. Ah yes those little french donuts..are very good!!!

You can also make them yourself too!

83. Lily
    83 | December 16, 2012 6:03 pm

@ Kirly:

Thanks {{Kirly}}! :)

84. 84 | December 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Welcome back!

85. Bordm
    85 | December 16, 2012 6:10 pm

@ Lily:
    Or you can order it straight from the source, if your local grocery doesn’t carry it. http://shop.cafedumonde.com/originals.html

86 | December 16, 2012 6:13 pm

@ heysoos:

he’s washed up…time to retire back in New Mexico

I agree. What a rotten attitude Urlacher has.
    He makes copious amounts of money to play a game
    that most of us would have played for free.
    The fans generate the cash & he should have some
    respect for that.

87. 87 | December 16, 2012 6:13 pm

Will Bob Costas rant about guns again tonight?

88. Lily
    88 | December 16, 2012 6:14 pm

After the Bears loss to the Pack today, Brian Urlacher who is on the DL
    was interviewed .
    He was asked about the conversation among the fans & the Media,
    whether or not Head Coach Lovie Smith should be back next year.
    He answered “Two people that I don’t care about are the Media
    and the fans. They don’t know what they’re talking about.
    Then he was asked about the fans reaction to their disgraceful
    performance today.
    He answered, “I could not care less about the fans.”
    I can’t wait to spend a gazillion dollars to go to another
    Bears game./

He doesn’t give a crap about the fans hmmm???? You know what? In just a few days the fans aren’t going to give a crap about him either. I can already see the karma coming from this and number two it is going to be swift and quick. So to hell with the fans he says?????

89. Lily
    89 | December 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Thanks Rodan! Good to be back! ;)

90. Lily
    90 | December 16, 2012 6:18 pm

Bordm wrote:

@ Lily:

I almost posted that link figured the mix link would be a challenged and something festive to make … :)

91 | December 16, 2012 6:18 pm

@ Lily:
    Urlacher has some talent, but he has been a jerk from the jump.
    Butkus is part animal, seriously I think that he has grizzley DNA.
    He never bashed the fans.

92 | December 16, 2012 6:19 pm

See y’all later.
    Lilly, I am glad that you are doing well!

93. Lily
    93 | December 16, 2012 6:20 pm

Thanks Rix! See ya later! :)

94. brookly red
    94 | December 16, 2012 6:22 pm

He never bashed the fans.

Chicago is a strange place…

95. Lily
    95 | December 16, 2012 6:23 pm

@ Lily:
    Urlacher has some talent, but he has been a jerk from the jump.
    Butkus is part animal, seriously I think that he has grizzley DNA.
    He never bashed the fans.

Basically what you said about Urlacher is what my husband said. Apparently they don’t care where there bread and butter comes from.

96. eaglesoars
    96 | December 16, 2012 6:25 pm

LILY!!

*smooch*

97. Lily
    97 | December 16, 2012 6:26 pm

What a sack …Romo really lost a lot of yards there.

98. eaglesoars
    98 | December 16, 2012 6:26 pm

oooo, nice sack…….

99. Bordm
    99 | December 16, 2012 6:28 pm

@ Lily:

For the non-Cajun types, Festive = hell of a mess in the kitchen to clean up

Glad you’re starting to feel better.

100. Lily
    100 | December 16, 2012 6:28 pm

@ eaglesoars:

{{eaglesoars}} how are you doing? I get the feeling I have slept and napped through a few good news stories. Shoot it’s starting to feel like a little nap time soon already. LOL!

101. eaglesoars
    101 | December 16, 2012 6:29 pm

*(*&(%$^%$^%

dammit

102. Lily
    102 | December 16, 2012 6:33 pm

@ Bordm:

Thanks so much Bordm!!!!!! Oh yes am glad to be done with the by-pass surgery! Oh and at Christmas time at that too…I have just awesome timing.
    /but God has really blessed me…I was walking around with what you would call a *widow-maker*. Someone upstairs was looking out for me.

103. eaglesoars
    103 | December 16, 2012 6:36 pm

@ eaglesoars:

I’m good -- recovering from our Christmas party yesterday. Getting too old for this nonsense.

Yeah, there are a few news stories while you were unavailable. Don’t go looking for them.

So, didn’t we TELL you there was nothing to worry about? We did, yessiree.

Got this cookbood -- Mastering the Art of Southern Cooking -- think there’s a recipe in there for red beans and rice? Nope.

OH

104. eaglesoars
    104 | December 16, 2012 6:38 pm

Well I trying to say
    GO STEELERS 60 yd run

105 | December 16, 2012 6:40 pm

Welcome back Lily!

Leia wants to know if you’re eating lots of peanut butter.

106. Buffalobob
    106 | December 16, 2012 6:43 pm

The cowboys being a class act organization have the drunken thug who killed (allegedly) his teammate on the side lines. They say they don.t condone his action but want to show their support. Bob Costas should be proud.

107. brookly red
    107 | December 16, 2012 6:45 pm

@ Bordm:

absolutely, if you had waited till the new year your “ration” would have been given to an illegal,transgendered, welfare recipient

108. Lily
    108 | December 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Hey lobo! I’m taking my meds not sure which is which..some heart pills some pain. I’ll find out what is going on Thursday my first Dr. appointment with cardio doctor. Which will probably mean more meds added to what I’m taking.
    So far no peanut butter has been needed! ;)

109. brookly red
    109 | December 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Buffalobob wrote:

They say they don.t condone his action but want to show their support.

what? is he a Kennedy or something?

110. Lily
    110 | December 16, 2012 6:48 pm

@ Bordm:

I would’ve been dead before I even got the voucher. Sad but more than true.

111. Bordm
    111 | December 16, 2012 6:54 pm

Earlier in the game, one of the talking heads mentioned that Jerry Brown’s mother asked the Cowboy organization to stand behind Brent….

112. brookly red
    112 | December 16, 2012 6:55 pm

@ Bordm:

I would’ve been dead before I even got the voucher. Sad but more than true.

I am hoping that whoever was watching out for you is also watching out for us, the situation we are dealing with can not be fixed by the hand of man

113. Lily
    113 | December 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Buffalobob wrote:
    They say they don.t condone his action but want to show their support.
    what? is he a Kennedy or something?

How is the person who killed your son being on the side-line showing support? For who? Or what? Sorry for me it would be too raw for me to see the careless fool on the side-lines doesn’t mean I couldn’t forgive him but certainly not reward him.

114. Lily
    114 | December 16, 2012 6:59 pm

@ Bordm:
    I would’ve been dead before I even got the voucher. Sad but more than true.

Very true..it will take something much more powerful than man who thinks he is divine. From what I can tell is everything about him is against what is good.

115. brookly red
    115 | December 16, 2012 7:00 pm

Buffalobob wrote:
    They say they don.t condone his action but want to show their support.
    what? is he a Kennedy or something?

under the circumstances I am going to punt… you need to fully recover before we deal with this, BS.

116 | December 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Florida man accused of killing neighbor with a hammer

A Tampa-Bay area man who authorities say attacked his neighbor with a hammer has been charged with second degree murder with a weapon.

A Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office press release says 28-year-old Jarrett Kyle Brooks was booked into jail late Saturday. It was not immediately known if he has an attorney.

Authorities say Brooks approached Jonathan Acree from behind at a Thonotosassa trailer park, striking him in the head and neck multiple times with a hammer.

Acree was pronounced dead at the hospital.

//We need hammer control now!

117. brookly red
    117 | December 16, 2012 7:06 pm

Florida man accused of killing neighbor with a hammer

Acree was pronounced dead at the hospital.

//We need hammer control now!

/obviously only trained union members should have hammers.

118. Lily
    118 | December 16, 2012 7:06 pm

@ brookly red:

:) Thanks brookly. Yeah I have several weeks of recovery ahead of me…LOL! I think the oddest thing that happened was when I was in ICU for two days after the surgery. The first afternoon and night I was semi-awake and remember several nurses coming in and out of my room saying I was pretty! Fully awake and all not so much! ;)

119. brookly red
    119 | December 16, 2012 7:09 pm

@ brookly red:

as long as they were not say my,my,my don’t she look natural.

120 | December 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Feinstein leads Democratic senators in call to renew gun debate, vows legislation

Democratic senators flung open the door Sunday for a renewed debate on national gun laws, vowing in the aftermath of the deadly Connecticut school shootings to immediately introduce gun-ban legislation and take the issue to the chamber floor.

California Sen. Dianne Feinstein said she will introduce a bill on the first day Congress returns in January to ban the sale of so-called “assault weapons” and high-capacity ammunition clips.

“I’m going to introduce it in the Senate, and the same bill will be introduced in the House,” Feinstein said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

Feinstein, a major supporter of a 10-year ban on assault weapons that expired in 2004, said her renewed effort is to get “weapons of war off the streets.”

She was joined Sunday by Sens. Dick Durbin, Illinois, and Richard Blumenthal, Connecticut, who vowed to bring the issue to Capitol Hill in the coming weeks.

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg suggested that gun control should be the top item on President Obama’s second-term agenda and called on him to lead the debate.

“The president has to lead, tell this country what to do,” the Democratic mayor told NBC.

Bloomberg — whose group Mayors Against Illegal Guns is becoming increasingly vocal about the issue — also dismissed the notion that the National Rifle Association remains powerful enough to defeat tighter regulations.

Someone should point out to Bloomberg that unlike NYC, America is not a monarchy, and Obama doesn’t have the authority to “tell this country what to do.”

121. Lily
    121 | December 16, 2012 7:12 pm

@ brookly red:

No thank goodness no.. 8-)

122. Lily
    122 | December 16, 2012 7:15 pm

As far as Bloomberg goes, “A girl can dream you know!”

123. Lily
    123 | December 16, 2012 7:16 pm

Nite all! Have a good one! :)

124 | December 16, 2012 7:17 pm

Night

125. brookly red
    125 | December 16, 2012 7:20 pm

I would as a New Yorker to point out that Bloomberg is an outlaw who circumvented the will of the people by passing the term limit laws and illegally occupies an illegal third term.

He is exactly the tyrant the founders intended to protect us against by means of the 2nd amendment, no wonder it scares him.

126. Mars
    126 | December 16, 2012 7:24 pm

@ Lily:
    I can’t remember when she said it, but Feinstein said that before she left office she would have full gun bans in place.

I tried looking it up but her most recent nonsense is most of the news.

Though it looks like she was planning this back in November anyway.

Never let a crisis go to waste. Filth.

127. Mars
    127 | December 16, 2012 7:25 pm

@ brookly red:
    Yet, so many New Yorkers worship him.

I don’t get it, even clear across the country we saw the way things were headed when he started all of his insane draconian bans and restrictions.

128. 128 | December 16, 2012 7:29 pm

@ Lily:

Lily -- looks like Drew and the Boys decided to give you a nice get well gift -- better than flowers. Shut out Tampa Bay 41-0.

Love home, hon!

129 | December 16, 2012 7:29 pm

@ Mars:

Yes, she was. she’s been waiting for another opportunity.

If new laws are the solution, how about if we pass oen making it illegal to murder children?

Oh, wait…//

130. Mars
    130 | December 16, 2012 7:31 pm

@ Mars:
    Yes, she was. she’s been waiting for another opportunity.
    Oh, wait…//

Exactly. OH and the one thing they won’t tell you. The existing laws worked as written.

131. brookly red
    131 | December 16, 2012 7:32 pm

@ brookly red:
    Yet, so many New Yorkers worship him.

not one new yorker worships him. liberal transplants that came here to make money worship him. no one born he can say his name with without spiting on the sidewalk (which is also illegal)

132. eaglesoars
    132 | December 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Mars wrote:

Though it looks like she was planning this back in November anyway.

And it’s such BS and she knows it. Harvey. Milk.

One legally armed adult. That’s all it takes.

I wonder if she has an armed bodyguard -- or two?

133 | December 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Looks like the Obama show memorial service is getting ready to start…

134. Mars
    134 | December 16, 2012 7:34 pm

@ brookly red:
    Yet, so many New Yorkers worship him.

Yet he somehow kept getting reelected.

135. eaglesoars
    135 | December 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Mars wrote:

Yet, so many New Yorkers worship him.

Um, don’t think so. When Cindy Adams ‘carefully’ sneers at you………

And she’s friends w/Imelda Marcos

136 | December 16, 2012 7:37 pm

@ Mars:

And he only got just over 1 million votes last time.

If so many people hate him, maybe they should try voting him out.

137. brookly red
    137 | December 16, 2012 7:38 pm

@ brookly red:
    Yet, so many New Yorkers worship him.

Yet he somehow kept getting reelected.

So does Hugo Chavez… whats your point?

138 | December 16, 2012 7:38 pm

@ eaglesoars:

I know she used to have one of the ultra-rare San Francisco concealed carry permits. Don’t know if she still has it.

139. eaglesoars
    139 | December 16, 2012 7:43 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Huh

I didn’t know that. One of our senators -- who thankfully is leaving the political stage -- Jim Webb -- tried to get a weapon into his office via one of his staffers. Staffer got caught and Webb let him take the fall for it.

140. brookly red
    140 | December 16, 2012 7:43 pm

And he only got just over 1 million votes last time.

If so many people hate him, maybe they should try voting him out.

he was not even legally eligible to run, maybe you with all due respect should get your hateon for NY under control and see your future if you let this stand.

141 | December 16, 2012 7:44 pm

@ eaglesoars:

I didn’t know that. One of our senators — who thankfully is leaving the political stage — Jim Webb — tried to get a weapon into his office via one of his staffers. Staffer got caught and Webb let him take the fall for it.

I remember that.

142. Mars
    142 | December 16, 2012 7:45 pm

@ brookly red:
    Yet, so many New Yorkers worship him.
    Yet he somehow kept getting reelected.

So does Hugo Chavez… whats your point?

Wasn’t aware New York had suspended free elections.

If they don’t love him there seems to be an awful lot of apathy.

Of course maybe you are right and there is just massive election fraud. After the last presidential election nothing would surprise me anymore.

143 | December 16, 2012 7:46 pm

brookly red wrote:

And he only got just over 1 million votes last time.
    If so many people hate him, maybe they should try voting him out.

Which has what to do with my point, exactly? There are what, 12 million people there? If so many people hate him, how did he win with only 1 million votes?

144 | December 16, 2012 7:48 pm

@ Mars:

Wasn’t aware New York had suspended free elections.

If they don’t love him there seems to be an awful lot of apathy.

Exactly my point.

They’d apparently rather have something to bitch about than make the effort to go vote for someone else.

145. brookly red
    145 | December 16, 2012 7:52 pm

@ Mars:

we had term limit laws in place that he simply ignored (had a mock hearing and over-ruled them) he was not legally eligible to run/serve for a third term but just did it anyway… you better read the writing one the wall before you have O president for life.

146. Mars
    146 | December 16, 2012 7:53 pm

I’ll admit weird things do happen. We just had an extremely popular Representative run for Senate here. He lost because the idiots in my state can’t find it in themselves to vote against an incumbent unless the press has manufactured some form of scandal.

The over 65 crowd here seems especially susceptible to this particular type of apathy.

147 | December 16, 2012 7:54 pm

Cowboys win in OT. Giants, Skins and Cowboys now share a 3-way tie in the NFC East.

148 | December 16, 2012 7:55 pm

@ brookly red:

I’m well aware of how he gamed the election laws.

Still doesn’t answer my question, though.

149. Mars
    149 | December 16, 2012 7:55 pm

@ Mars:

I don’t doubt that at all. What I’m wondering is, since he did flout the laws the way he did, they why did the people reelect him?

Around here we just admit that over 50% of the people are just freaking idiots.

150. brookly red
    150 | December 16, 2012 7:56 pm

with all due respect go fuck your self. we have an out law in office and you blame us?

151 | December 16, 2012 7:57 pm

@ Mars:

Around here we just admit that over 50% of the people are just freaking idiots.

I’ve operated on that assumption my whole life.

152 | December 16, 2012 7:59 pm

brookly red wrote:

If that’s not the answer, what is?

It sure as hell isn’t my fault. You’ve already tried to blame me for your city’s fucked up gun laws, which nobody in the city will make the effort to change.

Now you’re trying to blame me for the fact that your fellow inmates were too dumb to go vote for someone else?

153. brookly red
    153 | December 16, 2012 8:00 pm

OK say what you will but I warn you there is a Bloomberg in your future

154. Mars
    154 | December 16, 2012 8:01 pm

I’m not trying to blast New York here. It’s just that out here all we ever hear about is the insanity of you guys and of course California. Because our press is always pushing the latest law or ban as an example of how enlightened the coasts are and how we need to follow.
    (In the case of the smoking bans we looked at what NY had and took it a step further in our lunacy.)

So, I for one try to understand how, if there are so many conservatives or anti-totalitarian sentiment, then how do the coasts keep voting for these people and laws?

It’s not an attack, it’s actual confusion.

Like here, we’ve had two complete dem crooks win as governor in a row. Why, because the school unions flooded the tv with ads telling how the republicans were going to cut funds to schools and there would be more school shutdowns.

They fall for that almost every time. (Last two mill levy votes were the first time that my local community finally told them to go to hell.)

155. eaglesoars
    155 | December 16, 2012 8:02 pm

brookly red wrote:

you better read the writing one the wall before you have O president for life.

Yep. It was fascinating to watch -- clinically speaking. But to understand what happened requires a passing knowledge of Albany and you get that- or I do -- from the NY Post and the NY Daily News. Probably the most corrupt state capital in the country except for Chicago (yeah I know it’s officially Springfield)

Bloomberg bought it lock, stock and barrel. He had nothing better to do. He was bored…..

And of course the Grey Lady just rolled on her back, spread her legs…..

156. CynicalConservative
    156 | December 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Lots of friendly fire lately, first cali, now ny. Same team folks. With all due respect to CW and the language; lighten the fuck up people.

I’ve got no beef with anyone here except the morning trolls (which I ignore).

Flame away since I’ve now put myself in the line of fire.

/galt

157. CynicalConservative
    157 | December 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Mars said it better. thanks

/galt

158. Mars
    158 | December 16, 2012 8:05 pm

OK say what you will but I warn you there is a Bloomberg in your future

There probably will be, but I don’t know why you’re getting so hostile.

He broke the laws, or at least bent them to the point of not being recognizable. The question we’re wondering is: where did the votes come from?

Was there massive election fraud? Or did he just appeal strongly to the minority community?

That’s all I’m wondering. I don’t quite get the tone you’re putting out.

Somehow a totalitarian dictator got elected, and instead of just telling us what the hell happened, you choose to attack.

I don’t understand your tactic here. You’d think that you’d want to try and explain how things happened so maybe people elsewhere could try and prevent it or at least see it coming.

159 | December 16, 2012 8:05 pm

Dallas ripped the number one NFL defense…win in OT with stout defense

160 | December 16, 2012 8:05 pm

@ eaglesoars:

I doubt that his spending record on his last campaign will ever be broken, on a dollar per vote basis.

He spent $104 million on an election where he got just over 1 million votes.

161. brookly red
    161 | December 16, 2012 8:07 pm

brookly red wrote:

If that’s not the answer, what is?

blame the victim much? I am not trying to blame you I am trying to get you to see that we are an occupied people. For example I was an NRA supporter but did they once challenge our gun laws (Bernie Goteze would have been a good chance) no. They just take our money to support Harry Reid… Did the rest of the country stand up when Bloomberg brushed aside our term limit laws? no. Go ahead just blame us.

162. Mars
    162 | December 16, 2012 8:08 pm

Anyone else notice Hillary’s “health problems” have now prevented her from testifying on the 20th?

163 | December 16, 2012 8:09 pm

Coincidence, I’m sure.

164. Mars
    164 | December 16, 2012 8:11 pm

@ brookly red:
    We had the same thing happen here with the smoking bans. None of the smokers rights organizations stood up. But, neither did our local tavern association even though it caused critical financial losses to them.

But as for what happened with his breaking election law, unfortunately there is nothing anyone else could do. Only the people of NY have the right to file lawsuits and complaints with the election commission. Not sure why you are turning that around on people who have no means of doing anything about it.

165. brookly red
    165 | December 16, 2012 8:11 pm

OK say what you will but I warn you there is a Bloomberg in your future

There probably will be, but I don’t know why you’re getting so hostile.

That’s all I’m wondering. I don’t quite get the tone you’re putting out.

I am not attacking anyone, why do you seek reason he was elected? He was not eligible to run for a third term, he broke the law. But the3 rest of the country went along with it. OK blame us.

166 | December 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Boehner gives Obama full green light to raise taxes and spend like a drunken Marxist sailor

167 | December 16, 2012 8:13 pm

Is it just me, or is it odd that there are more federal agents investigating this shooting in CT--where we pretty much know all the significant facts--than there have been investigating what happened in Benghazi?

Maybe I’m just becoming cynical…

168. brookly red
    168 | December 16, 2012 8:13 pm

nothing to see here

169. eaglesoars
    169 | December 16, 2012 8:13 pm

And I think about these people and I wonder -- why? He hasn’t done anything except ban Big Gulps and ban autos from Times Square. Why was it so important to him to spend all that money, to commit fraud -- and for what? Does he think his penis is really that small?

Apparently.

170 | December 16, 2012 8:15 pm

@ brookly red:

I am not attacking anyone, why do you seek reason he was elected?

Mainly because you made the statement that all native New Yorkers hate him. I assume that means they wouldn’t have voted for him.

Have these “transplants” now grown to outnumber the natives?

171. Mars
    171 | December 16, 2012 8:16 pm

@ brookly red:
    I’m not sure where the language barrier is here, WHERE DID THE VOTES COME FROM IF EVERYONE KNEW HE BROKE THE LAW? That’s what doesn’t make sense.

And once again. The only people who can legally step in are people in NY. They have to file the lawsuits, they have to contest the election. If this did not happen then I don’t know what to tell you.

Even when our governor tried to go around election law he got sued in our state. It didn’t get finished until he was already out of office, but it got done. (4 years for an election lawsuit, it may have been an new record. The judge found an amazing amount of delays.)

waldensianspirit wrote:

Yep, and Obama turned it down. If there was an independent press they should be asking what the hell happened.

172 | December 16, 2012 8:17 pm

How nice…a Muslim prayer.

I thought killing children was one of their sacraments?

173. Mars
    173 | December 16, 2012 8:17 pm

nothing to see here

Yeah, that kind of seems odd.

174. eaglesoars
    174 | December 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Mars wrote:

To be fair -- she has been looking like she’s been dragged thru a knot hole. By her hair. Hubby worked with her when she was in the Senate -- she has the work ethic of a mule.

Having said that -- she ain’t stupid

175 | December 16, 2012 8:19 pm

@ Mars:

She’ll probably use her concussion as an excuse to claim that she has no memory now…

176 | December 16, 2012 8:19 pm

@ Mars:
    No this is since that turn down. This is raising the debt limit as if there is no limit

177 | December 16, 2012 8:20 pm

@ brookly red:
    I am not attacking anyone, why do you seek reason he was elected?
    Have these “transplants” now grown to outnumber the natives?

New Yorkers invented Rio Rancho, New Mexico…bunch of misfits that should have stayed on Staten Island…they don’t fit in down here

178 | December 16, 2012 8:20 pm

@ eaglesoars:

she has the work ethic of a mule

Too bad she uses it in the service of evil.

179. brookly red
    179 | December 16, 2012 8:20 pm

@ brookly red:

I am not attacking anyone, why do you seek reason he was elected?

Have these “transplants” now grown to outnumber the natives?

damn skippy, NY is a university town, and the finical capitol is wall street… tell me you don’t has some classmates who came here for a job.

180. Mars
    180 | December 16, 2012 8:21 pm

@ brookly red:
    I am not attacking anyone, why do you seek reason he was elected?
    Have these “transplants” now grown to outnumber the natives?

That would be option 3.

So, it is either
    1. Election fraud
    2. Appeal to poor and minority communities
    3. Transplants outnumber voting New Yorkers.

As I see it with the current climate it could be a combination of all three.

If he was willing to break the law and spend that much on re-election than there is no reason he wouldn’t have spent at least that much to steal the election.

(See, that’s what we were wondering. How someone breaking the law in that way gets votes.)

Don’t worry it happens. I haven’t figured out a way for it to be stopped. As I mentioned earlier our previous governor violated election law and the case wasn’t settled till after the election.

One of our Senators also violated election law in his first term and all he was required to do was pay a small fine and apologize.

So it does happen and there are not good mechanisms in place to stop it. Especially when you add in the corrupt liberal controlled court.

181. brookly red
    181 | December 16, 2012 8:23 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Mars wrote:

To be fair — she has been looking like she’s been dragged thru a knot hole. By her hair. Hubby worked with her when she was in the Senate — she has the work ethic of a mule.

Having said that — she ain’t stupid

really? she chose mammon over God… tell me again she ain’t stupid.

182 | December 16, 2012 8:24 pm

new link on it at wz:
    Boehner Caves On Debt Limit, Offers To Raise It For Another Year…

183 | December 16, 2012 8:24 pm

Maybe I’m just becoming cynical…

Cost-cutting measure; it’s a shorter commute to Connecticut than to Libya, with better takeout and, generally, more safety.

184 | December 16, 2012 8:24 pm

@ Mars:

If you’re talking about campaign finance laws, that’s the only penalty that can ever be levied for any violation.

A candidate could be videotaped taking delivery of a 40 foot shipping container full of cash from China, and all that would happen is he’d have to pay a fine.

Which would come out of the illegal cash.

185. Mars
    185 | December 16, 2012 8:24 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

@ Mars:

Damn, the turn down was only a couple hours ago. Guess it took that long for Boehner to find his kneepads again.

@ brookly red:
    I don’t know anyone who went there for work or school, but I sure see where you are coming from. Even in our conservative western states here, the damn college towns are bluer than anywhere in the surrounding area.

Thank you. That does help me understand the situation a lot more.

186. 186 | December 16, 2012 8:25 pm

Obama is planning on ruining my Sunday Nigh Football. He’s going to make some address and the game is switching to NBC Sports and CNBC.

He’s probably going to demagogue.

187. Mars
    187 | December 16, 2012 8:25 pm

@ Mars:
    Which would come out of the illegal cash.

Yep, that’s the biggest piece of bullshit ever. If you are caught violating campaign finance law then that should be it, you’re done, you lose your campaign and the right to ever run again. Hell, you should also be up on federal charges.

188 | December 16, 2012 8:25 pm

@ brookly red:
    I am not attacking anyone, why do you seek reason he was elected?
    Have these “transplants” now grown to outnumber the natives?

oh please, Ann Arbor is a university town…NYC is just a big town, more and bigger assholes…as for WS there are plenty of people that don’t want to participate in that corruption…NY ain’t shit, just big

189. Mars
    189 | December 16, 2012 8:26 pm

He’s probably going to demagogue.

He’s had a couple days to have his keepers put together a pretty speech loaded with codewords and threatening hints at future actions.

190. brookly red
    190 | December 16, 2012 8:27 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Maybe I’m just becoming cynical…

besides in Libya you might just catch a muslin and that would be politically incorrect.

191 | December 16, 2012 8:27 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

True. I really enjoyed their original excuse, which was that it was “too dangerous” for the FBI to go to Benghazi.

Yet it apparently wasn’t too dangerous to have an ambassador go there with nothing but Libyans for security…

192. Mars
    192 | December 16, 2012 8:29 pm

heysoos wrote:

@ brookly red:
    I am not attacking anyone, why do you seek reason he was elected?
    Have these “transplants” now grown to outnumber the natives?

Don’t forget Wall Street voted overwhelmingly for O. And even in my little city, it’s far bluer than it should be thanks to one university. (The other one is christian and doesn’t affect the numbers too dramatically. But, the University branch here is over half blue in every election survey, and has voted over 80% of the student body every election the last 10 years.)

193. 193 | December 16, 2012 8:29 pm

@ Mars:

I’m not watching it. I’ll read up on it later. But yeah he will demagogue and the media will say it is the greatest speech ever in galactic history.

194. Mars
    194 | December 16, 2012 8:30 pm

Yep.

195. eaglesoars
    195 | December 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Too bad she uses it in the service of evil.

brookly red wrote:

really? she chose mammon over God… tell me again she ain’t stupid.

I’ve never figured out how or why someone with such political talents gravitates to men who are completely worthless.

She’s spent her entire life being used.

On the other hand -- I don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it.

196. 196 | December 16, 2012 8:31 pm

@ Mars:

The media will say it is a call for healing. In reality Obama will do a political attack!

197 | December 16, 2012 8:32 pm

@ Mars:

Hell, even Charles Krauthammer still thinks Obama’s speech in Tucson was something great.

198 | December 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Mars wrote:

Supposedly he’s claiming that he wrote it all by his very own self with just a little help from his speechwriters.

Which will make one thing he’s sort of kinda worked on in the four years he’s been paid to impersonate a President.

199 | December 16, 2012 8:34 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Considering that we’re paying someone $100k to walk his dog, I find that hard to believe.

200 | December 16, 2012 8:34 pm

I suspect that Krauthammer says that for certain things, like the Tucson speech, to ensure that he keeps a toehold of credibility with the MSM. If he condemned everything that slithered out of Obama’s mouth, he’d look “too negative,” and would get no airtime; if he concedes on a speech where 2/3 of the country is creaming its drawers, he gets invited back to the hostile venues where he can still speak a little sense to the senseless.

201. Mars
    201 | December 16, 2012 8:34 pm

The fact is there are going to be more and more election irregularities and unusual election occurrences and I’m sure it isn’t hard to guess who they will favor. Don’t forget that all the recent campaign finance reform was designed to help liberals only. And to not punish actual crime when it happens. We don’t need to be getting hostile toward each other due to our perceptions of what one area or another is like. We need to pool info and figure out what happened and how it happened. That way we can see it happening at our local level and maybe call it out before it occurs. Information is our only hope right now. Without it, we are just going to blindly continue into the slaughterhouse.

202. Mars
    202 | December 16, 2012 8:35 pm

Interesting timeline here. Everyone should read it.

203 | December 16, 2012 8:35 pm

Obama, like Mrika in Heinlein’s book “Farnham’s Freehold,” needs two servants to shake it for him when he pees.

204. eaglesoars
    204 | December 16, 2012 8:36 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

new link on it at wz:
    Boehner Caves On Debt Limit, Offers To Raise It For Another Year…

why do we even bother……….

205. 205 | December 16, 2012 8:41 pm

@ eaglesoars:

No Shocker.

206. Mars
    206 | December 16, 2012 8:41 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Pretty logical theory.

207. 207 | December 16, 2012 8:43 pm

I’m sure it was -- right down to the cue to wipe the nonexistent tear from his eye.

208 | December 16, 2012 8:44 pm

Pretty logical theory.

That’s what I would do were I in Krauthammer’s place. And Krauthammer is at least as smart as I am, because he’s in his place, while I’m not

209. song_and_dance_man
    209 | December 16, 2012 8:46 pm

Was watching the Patriot 49′er when they went to the Chair delivering a speech to the people affected by the CT tragedy. He was heckled.

210 | December 16, 2012 8:46 pm

Ruh roh…here it comes…

211. 211 | December 16, 2012 8:47 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

Game is on CNBC.

212 | December 16, 2012 8:49 pm

Isn’t it time for the Speaker to change his name from “Boehner” to “Boehnee?”

213. song_and_dance_man
    213 | December 16, 2012 8:50 pm

And of course he mentions a whole hosts of tragedies but neglects to mention Ft. Hood.

214. song_and_dance_man
    214 | December 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Yeah I know. I’m watching it there.

215. 215 | December 16, 2012 8:50 pm

I checked briefly to see if the Chair was still talking. He has his “I’m mad at the gun owners face on.”

I imagine he’s pissing off the people watching the Survivor finale as well.

216 | December 16, 2012 8:51 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Well, there was obviously no way that could have been prevented…
    ////////

217. Buffalobob
    217 | December 16, 2012 8:52 pm

@ eaglesoars: If you remember back in the days of it depende on what the meaning of is, is. Hillary had a similar amnesia event. She could not for the life of her recall what happened to the Rose Law firm billing records.Vincent Foster may have known but like Susan Rice he took one for the team, (so to speak).

218 | December 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

I imagine he’s pissing off the people watching the Survivor finale as well.

He’s in classic Democrat “It’s for the children” mode.

219. 219 | December 16, 2012 8:53 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

Not mentioned of course will be the guy with the CCW who prevented a bloodbath.

220. 220 | December 16, 2012 8:54 pm

I guess it would be inappropriate and evil of me to mention that Timothy McVeigh killed 22 children with fertilizer.

221 | December 16, 2012 8:55 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ song_and_dance_man:
    Not mentioned of course will be the guy with the CCW who prevented a bloodbath.

There’s never any mention of anyone using a gun to protect themselves or others. It never happens according to the MSM.

222. citizen_q
    222 | December 16, 2012 8:57 pm

Comrade zero’s voice is the sound of liberty and freedom dying.

223. song_and_dance_man
    223 | December 16, 2012 8:57 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    The Chair is a disgusting man. If you’re watching it, it’s like he’s in campaign mode. Platitudes and insincere mumbo jumbo.

224 | December 16, 2012 8:57 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

@ Carolina Girl:

He has no other mode.

225. 225 | December 16, 2012 8:59 pm

By the way, does anyone think channels were changed all over the country when his self-righteous mug appeared? I imagine he was even booed all over San Francisco.

226. song_and_dance_man
    226 | December 16, 2012 8:59 pm

Bob Costas is the anchor for the game. Halftime is gonna be a turn off.

227 | December 16, 2012 9:00 pm

The Anti-American-in-Chief using what should be a solemn memorial for dead children as a political full-court press for gun control. Disgusting. **spit** Never forget that this president sent thousands of guns to Mexico which resulted in the murder of hundreds of Mexicans.

228 | December 16, 2012 9:01 pm

Fodder for the truly indoctrinated O-bots.

229. song_and_dance_man
    229 | December 16, 2012 9:02 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Not mentioned of course will be the guy with the CCW who prevented a bloodbath.

Of course not. A reasonable person carrying a gun preventing a crime rubs against LLL’s agenda of ‘gun control’.

230. 230 | December 16, 2012 9:03 pm

@ Bumr50:

He wants to talk gun control he can start with Eric Holder, 300+ dead Mexicans and Brian Terry.

231 | December 16, 2012 9:03 pm

huckfunn wrote:

The Anti-American-in-Chief using a what should a solemn memorial for dead children as a political full-court press for gun control. Disgusting. **spit** Never forget that this president sent thousands of guns to Mexico which resulted in the murder of hundreds of Mexicans.

“Bumps in the road.”

232. CynicalConservative
    232 | December 16, 2012 9:03 pm

So, wonder what the EO’s are going to look like.

/galt

233 | December 16, 2012 9:06 pm

“Bumps in the road.”

Obama’s “bumps in the road” have gotten way beyond tiresome.

234. song_and_dance_man
    234 | December 16, 2012 9:06 pm

@ huckfunn:
    And most Americans are unaware of his illegal exploits. This is what pisses me off to no end. The MSM must be destrOyed.

235 | December 16, 2012 9:08 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Well, that was mere “workplace violence.”

Sandy Hook was violence in the workplace. Big, big difference.

236. song_and_dance_man
    236 | December 16, 2012 9:08 pm

Buffalobob wrote:

And had no idea just how over 900 FBI files had found there way into the WH.

237. eaglesoars
    237 | December 16, 2012 9:14 pm

citizen_q wrote:

Comrade zero’s voice is the sound of liberty and freedom dying.

We had our Christmas party yesterday. This entire neighborhood is military in some form or other. I think Hubby and I are the only civilians. As the evening wore down -- our neighbor -- great guy -- Navy intelligence(NCIS) -- knows everything that’s wrong with Obama.

But he CAN NOT attribute it to bad intentions. That would break his mind.

Maybe that explains a lot of what I/we see -- POTUS is the enemy? Well, where do you take it from there? So you just don’t go there.

238 | December 16, 2012 9:14 pm

This thread is starting to get a little boggy. As nothing else is scheduled, I’ve put up NFL Week 15 Open Thread 2.

239. song_and_dance_man
    239 | December 16, 2012 9:14 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Well, that was mere “workplace violence.”

Sandy Hook was violence in the workplace. Big, big difference.

There are two differences. Hood and Hook are one letter apart. But the bigger difference is a Muslim connection.

240 | December 16, 2012 9:16 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

But he CAN NOT attribute it to bad intentions. That would break his mind.

Maybe that explains a lot of what I/we see — POTUS is the enemy? Well, where do you take it from there? So you just don’t go there.

It is past time to “go” there. We are there. Nobody could make such consistently destructive decisions without the intent to do so.

241. citizen_q
    241 | December 16, 2012 9:18 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Yes, very scary.

Scarier still is that he has help, lots of help.