by Flyovercountry ( 167 Comments › )
Filed under Politics, taxation at December 20th, 2012 - 7:00 pm

Political Cartoons by Jerry Holbert

That horrid Plan B. will be passed tonight in the House. This may surprise you, since it is the plan offered by House Minority Leader, Nancy Pelosi, six months ago. Harry Reid and President Obama, in the truest spirit of bipartisan compromise, have declared that the plan that they themselves authored six months ago is no longer to be considered a serious offer and does not shift left far enough for them. Leading me to my question, what Universe is this, Vanilla Sky?

Here’s the good news, for those of you waiting for a House which shows some, any evidence of possessing a conservative voice emanating from a man who does indeed have both testicles still attached to his person, what we have been suffering through in the past few weeks since the November election has been that crappy biannual event known as the Lame Duck Session. Those Congress Critters recently voted out are still there, and the new members just elected for the first time are not.

Much of what we have been mad about during the last couple of weeks has more to do with events about to unfold than the current circumstance of the feared, “fiscal cliff.” Boehner’s maneuver to remove the conservatives in his caucus from important committee positions, the threats and promises to watch voting patterns to detect heresy within Republican ranks, and even the 11th hour passage of this massive attempt to surrender each and every principle upon which the GOP has claimed to stand upon for the past, well forever, is nothing more than fear of what will happen to his tenuous grip on power come January 1, 2013.

In November, Republicans lost 10 seats. Of those 10 seats, two were conservative members, and the other 8 came from the Boehner wing of the House Caucus. What this means is, John Boehner will have a weakened hold on a smaller majority, not exactly the stuff of dreams for someone who wishes to inflict his will upon others. That’s why the committee assignments and such had to be decided in this session, rather than in the next. The Tea Party Caucus will, as of January 1st, be a larger percentage of a smaller majority, and their support will be necessary for John Boehner to pass a piece of legislation giving him permission to use the rest room.

Two things will be at play here. One, the only chance he has at keeping his grip on power is through control of the committees. The other thing at play is his knowledge that if this deal does not go through now, he’ll never be able to get it passed come January, not without Tea Party support. If this piece of crap legislation passes prior to January 1, he knows that the next Congress will bear the electoral consequences for it, just like that crap Lame Duck nonsense that occurred in 2010. The problem of course is that this issue will still be waiting for us when the Lame Duck is gone. Unfortunately for Speaker Boehner, January will not bring a case of national amnesia with respect to the budgetary battle still raging.

The bottom line is this for me, with Harry Reid and Barack Obama promising to nix the current deal, I find that to be good news. I expect to see the new Congress treat the whole thing a little differently come January. I’m still holding out hope for actual cuts in spending, (which is the same thing as our taxes paid.) In 11 days, John Boehner will have the unenviable position of needing those conservatives that he just screwed, and something tells me that they will be smart enough to make him pay for what he’s attempted to do. The Republicans in the House do have some power, and more to the point, they control the strings to the purse. Not a penny gets spent on anything without the House’s say so. It’s time to draw those strings shut, and that’ll put an end to the Obama destruction of the nation pretty darned quick.

Cross Posted from Musings of a Mad Conservative.

Update: The vote on Plan B has been called off.

Comments

167 Responses to “Plan B. Fails Tonight, Which Is Good. Boehner’s Dynamic Changes In 11 Days. Update; Plan B vote cancelled.”

1. 1 | December 20, 2012 7:05 pm

All right folks… 8 hours until the end of the World, raise your hand if you forgot to Loid your Girns… :twisted:

2. 2 | December 20, 2012 7:09 pm

Didn’t Douglas Adams write a book entitled, “Restaurant At The End Of The Universe?” I have plans for Saturday, hope you don’t mind if I don’t participate in this year’s end times hysteria. It’s not that I don’t enjoy shooting looters and burning down the neighbor’s house as much as the next guy. It’s just that I’m getting a little a little bored with it all this year.

3. song_and_dance_man
    3 | December 20, 2012 7:11 pm

The Mayans didn’t have leap years, so that means the world ended about 7 months ago.

4. song_and_dance_man
    4 | December 20, 2012 7:18 pm

Reid will continue to threat any reasonable bill as going nowhere in the Senate. I expect no deal with the rates returning to the Clinton era level, a further plunge in the economy and the (D)’s in trouble come the midterms in 14. I think we, America, needs a bit of tribulation to wake us, or rather the ignorant, up to the policies of the Obama reign.

5. 5 | December 20, 2012 7:31 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

You do know that they didn’t need leap years, right? that the Mayan calendar only loses 1 day every 30,000 years, right?

6 | December 20, 2012 7:34 pm

doriangrey wrote:

World can’t end soon enough. It’s been an incredible waste of space. :evil:

7. 7 | December 20, 2012 7:36 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

doriangrey wrote:

World can’t end soon enough. It’s been an incredible waste of space.

You got that right.

8. song_and_dance_man
    8 | December 20, 2012 7:38 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Oh sure,… ruin my joke with exactitudes. stragga fragga.

*sits…tapping fingers for the next appearance of Hale Bopp*

9. 9 | December 20, 2012 7:38 pm

They lived in the tropics, so the seasons meant less to them than they did to temperate zone civilizations.

10 | December 20, 2012 7:38 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    At least some Folks will find the new hyperspace bypass lane to be a useful time saver…

11. 11 | December 20, 2012 7:40 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    There’s a lot of space out there, you know…

12. 12 | December 20, 2012 7:41 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

doriangrey wrote:
    Oh sure,… ruin my joke with exactitudes. stragga fragga.
    *sits…tapping fingers for the next appearance of Hale Bopp*

Hey man, I’m just trying to look out for ya. It’s not like the world comes to an end every day ya know. You don’t want to be the guy who ends up admitting that, ok, ya I was there when the world ended, but I was in the bathroom washing my hands and missed the whole thing because I miscalculated when it was going to happen. :shock:

13 | December 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Mike C. wrote:

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    There’s a lot of space out there, you know…

Try telling that to the Vogons. :mrgreen:

14. Calo
    14 | December 20, 2012 7:46 pm

doriangrey wrote:

What about the daylight savings time factor?

15. song_and_dance_man
    15 | December 20, 2012 7:47 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Sorta like a Doomsday Diamond lane? You have to be Socal to get that.

16. 16 | December 20, 2012 7:47 pm

Calo wrote:

doriangrey wrote:

What about the daylight savings time factor?

The Mayans were on Pacific Standard Time… You know, West Coast of Central America. :razz:

17. Calo
    17 | December 20, 2012 7:50 pm

That’s too much math for me tonight to calculate.

I’ll just sit here and look cute instead.

18. 18 | December 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Flyovercountry wrote:

That won’t happen here. We are too broke to attract any looters. Looters don’t frequent old rattletrap RVs and ancient SUVs that don’t have working heat or radio. And if arsonists come around, we’ll just get on the road and get away from them.

Neither the fiscal cliff nor the Mayan calendar predict the eschaton.

Here’s the latest Mayan calendar discovery.

19. 19 | December 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Sorry Plan B failing is not good. Why do Conservatives want to defend people like Jay Z, Bruce Springsteen, Katy Perry, George Soros, Jamie Foxx, Jon Bon Jovi and others of their ilk who voted for Obama. Raise their axes. Boehner called Obama’s bluff on this.

If this goes down to defeat, The GOP does not deserve to exist. We should not die on a hill for Millionaires who hate us.

20. song_and_dance_man
    20 | December 20, 2012 7:51 pm

I wonder if the Mayans predicted their demise?

21. 21 | December 20, 2012 7:53 pm

Calo wrote:
    doriangrey wrote:
    What about the daylight savings time factor?

Wrong.

Guatemala shares the same time zone with Chicago.

Daylight Savings Time does not apply in Guatemala, because they are close to the Equator and don’t have large seasonal shifts in day length. Chicago does not have daylight savings time in December, either.

22. 22 | December 20, 2012 7:53 pm

Mike C. wrote:

Yup. Winter in the tropics just means less humidity that summer.

23. song_and_dance_man
    23 | December 20, 2012 7:55 pm

1389AD wrote:

Here’s the latest Mayan calendar discovery.

funny

For us the world ended on Nov 6th. Sort of.

24. 24 | December 20, 2012 7:55 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

I wonder if the Mayans predicted their demise?

The Mayans are still there. They just don’t build big temples and sacrifice people. They do still speak their old languages. But they use cell phones to hold their conversations.

25. gibsonz
    25 | December 20, 2012 7:56 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    Chief Tawanga Bloomberg demanded sacrifices be limited to 16 a day from the usual 32…no, they never saw it coming!

26. song_and_dance_man
    26 | December 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Calo wrote:

I’ll just sit here and look cute instead.

I’m with you.

27. 27 | December 20, 2012 7:58 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

1389AD wrote:
    Here’s the latest Mayan calendar discovery.
    funny
    For us the world ended on Nov 6th. Sort of.

It ended for me in 2008.

I knew that the US would come to a bad end after the Clintons bombed the Serbs. That doesn’t take insight, just eyesight -- but too many eyes were closed. That was when we really tipped over the edge of the cliff, in a moral sense. I knew that the end would come fairly quickly. We are seeing it now.

28. Brick
    28 | December 20, 2012 8:06 pm

I won’t mind the end of the world fiscal or otherwise, as long as refreshments are served. Some fizzy punch would be splendid.

29. 29 | December 20, 2012 8:06 pm

@ 1389AD:

I knew that the US would come to a bad end after the Clintons bombed the Serbs.

I knew then that the US Government had been hijacked by Marxists, Globalists, Satanists and Islamists. Nothing since then has changed my opinion. I thought the Tea Party would restore sanity to the GOP. I was wrong.

Funny how many Republican politicians calling themselves “Christians” were happy about bombing Christians for Muslims and want to commit America to war for the Muslim Brotherhood? I hope Conservatives wake up and realize they are being used.

30. song_and_dance_man
    30 | December 20, 2012 8:09 pm

1389AD wrote:

I believe that. I work with a lot of Navajos, and although they have somewhat assimilated they still teach their children their native tongue. I hear it everyday.

I know little about it, but I’ve asked some if there is a written form of it. You know, like letters or characters that form every other modern language. So far, from those I’ve asked about, there is no lettering. It’s purely oral from what I’ve learned so far.

31 | December 20, 2012 8:13 pm

I really don’t expect anything good to come from the Fools in DC Town anymore. :evil:

32 | December 20, 2012 8:15 pm

@ 1389AD:
    I knew that the US would come to a bad end after the Clintons bombed the Serbs.

agree with all of that…there is no party that represents middle American interests…you’ll get fucked by one party as sure as the other…I’m on the fringe and just don’t care anymore…I look back at the GOP debates and just laugh at the freak show…governing is no longer the primary role of government….people are very slow to catch on

33. 33 | December 20, 2012 8:15 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

1389AD wrote:

Umm, the Mayan’s have the earliest documented written language known. Forgotten by the descendents of the Mayans, but deciphered in the mid 70′s.

34. song_and_dance_man
    34 | December 20, 2012 8:17 pm

1389AD wrote:

I knew that the US would come to a bad end after the Clintons bombed the Serbs. That doesn’t take insight, just eyesight — but too many eyes were closed. That was when we really tipped over the edge of the cliff, in a moral sense. I knew that the end would come fairly quickly. We are seeing it now.

And Chair is taking it to a whole new level with his support of the MB taking opportunity with the so called Arab Spring.

35 | December 20, 2012 8:18 pm

Just saw this over at Freerepublic, no link yet:
    “Capitol Hill reporters on Twitter writing Speaker Boehner has dropped Plan B fiscal cliff vote tongiht[sic] after revolt from House Republican caucus. House will recess until after Christmas.After raucus[sic] closed dooor[sic] House GOP meeting, Boehner says House has already passed bills to cut spending and taxes to avert fiscal cliff and the ball is the court of the Senate and President Obama.”

H/T Freerepublic

36. 36 | December 20, 2012 8:20 pm

@ heysoos:

You were right and I apologize if I was harsh at times. But I will do a Mea Culpa. You were right my friend!

37 | December 20, 2012 8:20 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    oh yeah?…my dick is bigger than your dick

38. 38 | December 20, 2012 8:24 pm

Al Jazeera interviews Maya people in Guatemala to see how they feel about the ‘apocalypse’ predictions

39. 39 | December 20, 2012 8:24 pm

I think we should start the Stout Hemp Rope Party. I used to view it as a joke, but you are spot on about the traitors.

40. song_and_dance_man
    40 | December 20, 2012 8:24 pm

Brick wrote:

Some drinks to consider

Doomsday Daiquiri
    Volka Volcano Mudslide
    Tequila Comet Sunrise
    And of course the Seven Seven with bitters.

41. eaglesoars
    41 | December 20, 2012 8:27 pm

Umm, the Mayan’s have the earliest documented written language known

really? Earlier than Egyptian Hierglyphs? Linear B? I could look it up but I’m lazy tonight

42 | December 20, 2012 8:28 pm

43 | December 20, 2012 8:28 pm

no need…I’ve got my personal reasons for hating the feds…just a micro series of events with the IRS…I watched a lot of the Watergate hearings and as it all unfolded into pit of corruption I just shook my head in amazement…the feds can and will do anything they want…this epic entitlement problem is the root of our entire political culture…you knew that….frankly I don’t trust anybody, but I enjoy the political discussion here very much…I’m just to cynical and jaded to give a shit

44. song_and_dance_man
    44 | December 20, 2012 8:29 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Well, of course the Mayans were far more advanced technology wise than the Navajo.

45 | December 20, 2012 8:32 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    two words…
    aliens

46. song_and_dance_man
    46 | December 20, 2012 8:32 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

aladammit. The answer was only to be used at the end of the thread.

47 | December 20, 2012 8:33 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    :grin:

48. 48 | December 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Umm, the Mayan’s have the earliest documented written language known

I believe the Indians have it with Sanskrit.

49. CynicalConservative
    49 | December 20, 2012 8:38 pm

heysoos wrote:

I’m just to cynical and jaded to give a shit

I think I’m at least 20 years your junior and I feel the same.

/galt

50. Brick
    50 | December 20, 2012 8:41 pm

CynicalConservative wrote:

heysoos wrote:
    I’m just to cynical and jaded to give a shit

I think I’m at least 20 years your junior and I feel the same.
    /galt

I believe the ballot box is all but exhausted. :(

51. Moe Katz
    51 | December 20, 2012 8:47 pm

Off topic, but I just had to share this Canadian item. Attawapiskat First Nation Chief Theresa Spence is on a hunger strike against poverty among Natives in Canada. Could be a long hunger strike, judging by her appearance.

52 | December 20, 2012 8:49 pm

our economic and social problems in America are massive…they will require equally massive solutions, but like Bangladesh we have our hands out for stuff we cannot afford…the safety net is all out of proportion…I say if you take any money from the feds you are disqualified from voting…draconian?….you got a better idea?

53. 53 | December 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Umm, the Mayan’s have the earliest documented written language known

The Mayan written language can be dated back to before 3000 BC.

54. 54 | December 20, 2012 8:51 pm

Works for me.

55. 55 | December 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Want to be the first national candidate?

56. 56 | December 20, 2012 9:18 pm

Want to be the first national candidate?

Think the country is ready for me? :twisted:

57. 57 | December 20, 2012 9:25 pm

hey what do we have to lose?

58 | December 20, 2012 9:27 pm

Boehner didn’t have the votes.

59. 59 | December 20, 2012 9:30 pm

hey what do we have to lose?

True, and it’s not like we could possible screw the country up any more than the Dem and the Rep’s already have. So ya, I’m in… :twisted:

60. Mars
    60 | December 20, 2012 9:32 pm

And I didn’t read this, but I do know Sumerian is the first known written language.

61. eaglesoars
    61 | December 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

Boehner didn’t have the votes.

Boehner doesn’t have anything.

Loser.

62. Mars
    62 | December 20, 2012 9:34 pm

There are also a half dozen or so “mystery” languages, that many still aren’t sure if they are actual written languages or if they are just random mud scratches. And they are really, really old.

63. Mars
    63 | December 20, 2012 9:35 pm

Just found this. Parts are made here in MT. This is a hell of an expensive way to make the libs get a collective heart attack.

64 | December 20, 2012 9:35 pm

hey what do we have to lose?

Bob Dylan got it right. When ya ain’t got nothin’, ya got nothin’ to lose…

65. eaglesoars
    65 | December 20, 2012 9:38 pm

Mars wrote:

huh. I’d never heard of the Ebla tablets before. That was interesting. Hope they survive the civil war.

Yes, I also thought Sumerian was the oldest known writing but was surprised to see that Linear B was 1000 yrs younger. I thought it was older than that.

66. eaglesoars
    66 | December 20, 2012 9:41 pm

I think some former Marines/Seals who don’t need orders from the CIC should get together and raid that prison in Mexico and bring Jon Hammer home.

67. Mars
    67 | December 20, 2012 9:41 pm

Mars wrote:

It would be a great loss.

I also believe that I’ve read Chinese (not sure what dialect) is the oldest language still in use.

68. Mars
    68 | December 20, 2012 9:42 pm

Got your addy.

69. eaglesoars
    69 | December 20, 2012 9:46 pm

Got your addy.

:wink:

70. eaglesoars
    70 | December 20, 2012 9:50 pm

Jon Hammer faught in Fallujah??!!

GO GET HIM.

71. Aussie Infidel
    71 | December 20, 2012 9:55 pm

Is it raining frogs where you are/ I must say that I’m rather enjoying the apocalypse so far. Other than having to clean the dead frogs out of the guttering and keeping the windows closed so that the locus swarms don’t get inside, it’s been quite nice so far. Bummer about one’s first born dying, but on the up side I hadn’t purchased his Christmas present yet, so that was a bit of good luck and a saving of money. I’m not looking forward to the rivers turning to blood but there is plenty of beer in the ‘frig and I won’t go thursty, so apart from having to have a ‘British bath’ with clean wipes, it’s all good.

72 | December 20, 2012 9:57 pm

Heads up for a cool tune. The Action. John Hiatt, Ry Cooder, et al:

73. Aussie Infidel
    73 | December 20, 2012 9:59 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Jon Hammer faught in Fallujah??!!

GO GET HIM.

Why put American kids lives in danger. Simply subcontract Hammar’s escape to the local drug cartel. Let the Mexicans kill each other in the resulting crossfire.

Hammar gets out of jail and you pay the rescuers in heavily ‘discounted’ US dollars, (that’s a saving right there) and there are less Mexicans trying to cross into Texas.

What’s not to like?

74. eaglesoars
    74 | December 20, 2012 10:04 pm

Aussie Infidel wrote:

Why put American kids lives in danger

I see the merit to your idea and I appreciate it. But this is a matter of national “fuck with us at your peril”

AND. If we start paying cartels to rescue kidnapped Americans (and that’s what he is) -- we’re gonna get a lot more kidnapped Americans.

Time for Molly’s meds. brb.

75. Aussie Infidel
    75 | December 20, 2012 10:08 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Hmmm You do have a valid point there eagle. Build the fence …. build the fence… build the fence…. oh and use Mexicans in US prisons to do it. Make sure that they are all on the Mexican side of the fence when the last section if hauled into place.

76 | December 20, 2012 10:11 pm

One more and I’m done for the night.

77. eaglesoars
    77 | December 20, 2012 10:12 pm

You’re worried about frogs and locusts? You people have FUNNEL WEB SPIDERS
    *shiver*

78. eaglesoars
    78 | December 20, 2012 10:14 pm

build the fence….

Build a 30 foot fence, they’ll get 35 foot ladders and/or start tunneling.

Land mines.

79. Mars
    79 | December 20, 2012 10:14 pm

You’re worried about frogs and locusts? You people have FUNNEL WEB SPIDERS
    *shiver*

I do believe I heard that Australia has more things that can kill you than things that can’t.lol.

80. eaglesoars
    80 | December 20, 2012 10:18 pm

@ huckfunn:

That was great huck, thanks. have a good nite.

81. eaglesoars
    81 | December 20, 2012 10:20 pm

Mars wrote:

Oh yeah. They’re called Aussies. They can out-party anybody else on the planet and nearly killed me in Spain.

82. Mars
    82 | December 20, 2012 10:23 pm

Lol.

I have to say my friends that drank while I was in Germany said the Brits and German army were pretty darn good partiers too.

83. Aussie Infidel
    83 | December 20, 2012 10:25 pm

build the fence….

Build a 30 foot fence, they’ll get 35 foot ladders and/or start tunneling.

Land mines.

I’m shocked… shocked I say. Ye of little faith. Simply allow the market forces decide. Place a bounty on Mexican ears and open the season. Oh and the more entrepreneurial amongst you, sell the Mexicans lots and lots of ladders.

There’d be competition for all the best sniping positions up and down the border. You could even start a ‘sniper positions’ futures market. I can hear the corporate lunch chatter already. “What’s you position on ‘positions’ Chas? ” Ohh I’m bullish Fred and the positions market looks as if it’s the magic bullet, (pardon the pun) that will pull the US market out its nosedive”

This is such a great deal.

Who says free enterprise is dead in the US of A ?

84. eaglesoars
    84 | December 20, 2012 10:27 pm

@ Aussie Infidel:

:cool:

I love it!

85. Aussie Infidel
    85 | December 20, 2012 10:30 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Well that is true actually. Even those cuddly platypuses have lethal poisonous ‘spurs on their back legs. Tricky little buggers. Don’;t sweat the funnelwebs you can see them and just work around them. It’s the Trap-door spiders that jump out of hiding and bite your toes and the Red Backs on the toilet seat. Get bitten on the bum by one of them and you soon find out who your friends are when you ask a mate to suck the poison out for you.

86. Mars
    86 | December 20, 2012 10:31 pm

build the fence….
    Build a 30 foot fence, they’ll get 35 foot ladders and/or start tunneling.
    Land mines.

This is such a great deal.
    Who says free enterprise is dead in the US of A ?

Nah, it’s already been shown that as the Obama economy rolls on, Mexico will soon have to deal with an illegal US immigration problem.

87. Aussie Infidel
    87 | December 20, 2012 10:38 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    As a wee lad of 8 1/2 I used to dig out Trapdoor spiders in my backyard. Tie a string around a jar and lower it into the hole and then push the very pissed off Trapdoor into the jar. Pull it up quickly before he climbed out and screw on the lid.

My mum was a country girl and told me very seriously … “Now don’t you get bitten”.

The Death Adders who used to lunch on frogs in the creek at the bottom of the garden were a different proposition all together! LOL :)

88. eaglesoars
    88 | December 20, 2012 10:40 pm

AAAAAAAGHHHHHH!!!

I went on a 10-day Outward Bound Expedition to the Everglades. The guides were quite clear -- watch where you step -- water moccasin snakes -- there is no helicopter service on call and you will be evac’d on somebody’s back and no we’re not sucking the venom out.

Found a cypress dome (dry land in the middle of a lot of water) where we could drop our packs and grab a bite.

Then we realized the ground seemed to be moving.

Scorpions.

Can’t believe I paid good money for that.

89. Mars
    89 | December 20, 2012 10:43 pm

So, I’ve heard.

I’m always amazed by the number of people who don’t know the platypus has venomous spurs.

And of course the “adorable” Koala will shit and piss all over you.

90. Mars
    90 | December 20, 2012 10:44 pm

AAAAAAAGHHHHHH!!!
    I went on a 10-day Outward Bound Expedition to the Everglades. The guides were quite clear — watch where you step — water moccasin snakes — there is no helicopter service on call and you will be evac’d on somebody’s back and no we’re not sucking the venom out.
    Then we realized the ground seemed to be moving.
    Scorpions.
    Can’t believe I paid good money for that.

Not a big fan of the damn camel spiders in Saudi and Kuwait. Big suckers and boy they could jump.

On the other hand the hedgehogs are really cute.

91. Aussie Infidel
    91 | December 20, 2012 10:47 pm

MMMm Scorpions Yummmmmmm

Actually when I was an Army Cadet at the tender age of 14 we got stranded in the bush without rations for 4 days. It pissed down rain 90% of the time and we were inside a cloud 100% of the time. We found a very large Red Bellied Black Snake that had just eaten a rabbit so we very carefully pushed a .303 rifle up against its head and blew it off with a blank. They only issued us live ammo on the range.

We skinned it, bashed it with rocks to break up the meat rolled it in the last twn tubes of sweetened condensed milk we had and rolled it in smashed up ‘hard tack buscuite.

It was sooo good. But we were also sooo hungry.

92. Aussie Infidel
    92 | December 20, 2012 10:48 pm

biscuits = cookies

93. eaglesoars
    93 | December 20, 2012 10:48 pm

@ Mars:

The only spider that doesn’t make me irrational on sight is a daddy long legs. I’m very kind to them. They can crawl on me and I don’t mind.

Everything else gets a baseball bat.

94. eaglesoars
    94 | December 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Aussie Infidel wrote:

Actually that sounds quite good -- and very clever.

95. Aussie Infidel
    95 | December 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Aussie Infidel wrote:

And of course the “adorable” Koala will shit and piss all over you.

Ahhh I see that you’ve been christened by a Koala as well! LOL :)

Later. I’m off to the Claddah Irish pub to solve the world’s problems with my mates.

Cheers

96. eaglesoars
    96 | December 20, 2012 10:54 pm

Mars wrote:

On the other hand the hedgehogs are really cute.

People keep thosee things as pets. Don’t get it.

97. Mars
    97 | December 20, 2012 10:54 pm

Aussie Infidel wrote:
    And of course the “adorable” Koala will shit and piss all over you.

Ahhh I see that you’ve been christened by a Koala as well! LOL
    Cheers

Just heard the horror stories.

Enjoy.

98. eaglesoars
    98 | December 20, 2012 10:57 pm

nite Aussie. Thanks for the laughs……….

99. Mars
    99 | December 20, 2012 10:57 pm

Mars wrote:
    On the other hand the hedgehogs are really cute.
    People keep thosee things as pets. Don’t get it.

I had a couple. But, on the move up here, they caught pneumonia and died. they are really cute, hard to hold on to though and very nervous.

100. eaglesoars
    100 | December 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Mars wrote:

But, on the move up here, they caught pneumonia and died.

I can’t bear losing animals. Watching Molly sicken and die is almost more than we can stand. She’s our last critter.

Ok, off for the nite! sleep tight everyone!

101. Mars
    101 | December 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Mars wrote:
    But, on the move up here, they caught pneumonia and died.
    Ok, off for the nite! sleep tight everyone!

Good night, sleep well.

102. rain of lead
    102 | December 20, 2012 11:06 pm

hey ya’ll

103. rain of lead
    103 | December 20, 2012 11:08 pm

anybody else seen the hobbit yet?

104 | December 20, 2012 11:10 pm

I want my own elephant

105 | December 20, 2012 11:11 pm

oliphaunt in Hobbitspeak

106. rain of lead
    106 | December 20, 2012 11:12 pm

heysoos wrote:

I want my own elephant

?
    Dude, you ever scooped an elephants litter box?

not a fun job

107. rain of lead
    107 | December 20, 2012 11:14 pm

don’t belive the propaganda from the movie

this is really why bilbo wound up on a journey with a wizard and a bunch of dwarves

108. Calo
    108 | December 20, 2012 11:15 pm

@ rain of lead:
    No, and I still have never read the book, or even Lord of the Rings. :sad:

I thought haysoos was speaking Squahili until I wiki’d Oliphant.

109 | December 20, 2012 11:16 pm

@ rain of lead:
    I’ll hire Hindus to do the scoopin

110 | December 20, 2012 11:18 pm

@ Calo:
    give it a try…it’s a great story, not some pop thing

111. Calo
    111 | December 20, 2012 11:22 pm

heysoos wrote:

@ Calo:
    give it a try…it’s a great story, not some pop thing

Is it similar to the Harry Potter series of books.

I did read those to my kids when they were younger and enjoyed them immensely.

112. rain of lead
    112 | December 20, 2012 11:25 pm

@ Calo:
    @ Calo:

a very rich universe
    some of the best story telling ever put to paper

113 | December 20, 2012 11:26 pm

@ Calo:
    I’m not familiar with Harry Potter…but I can speak for the wonderful genius of Tolkiens prose…it’s the ultimate, epic tale

114. rain of lead
    114 | December 20, 2012 11:27 pm

@ Calo:

err no
    the hobbit was a “kids” book

the lord of the rings came after

not kids stuff

115. rain of lead
    115 | December 20, 2012 11:30 pm

here is a bit from the hobbit movie
    this is a dwarf song taken straight from the book

misty mountain cold

116 | December 20, 2012 11:30 pm

rain of lead wrote:

@ Calo:
    err no
    the hobbit was a “kids” book
    the lord of the rings came after
    not kids stuff

if Jackson can tap the Silmarillion, there is a multi-billion dollar market there

117. rain of lead
    117 | December 20, 2012 11:33 pm

@ heysoos:

from the first part
    he is doing great expanding the history of middle earth
    the next two parts are going to kick ass

118 | December 20, 2012 11:35 pm

@ rain of lead:
    I cannot see a three movie Hobbit…no way

119. rain of lead
    119 | December 20, 2012 11:38 pm

@ heysoos:

dude
    I saw the first one….
    trust me he will have NO problem getting two more movies out of this

after 3hours I left the theatre thinking “it’s over…already?”

120. Calo
    120 | December 20, 2012 11:39 pm

@ rain of lead:
    @ heysoos:
    Gentlemen, enjoy your evening.

I’ve been beat up all day and work today, and I’m going toes up for the evening now that I downloaded the Hobbit to keep me company.

Sleep well.

121. rain of lead
    121 | December 20, 2012 11:41 pm

the hobbit is only a part
    dwarf politics
    the white council

saurons return to power

there is a lot of stuff going on in middle earth

122. 122 | December 20, 2012 11:50 pm

Yup.

123. rain of lead
    123 | December 21, 2012 12:15 am

are we back on
    did the blog just strip a gear?

124. Mars
    124 | December 21, 2012 1:33 am

heysoos wrote:

rain of lead wrote:
    @ Calo:
    err no
    the hobbit was a “kids” book
    the lord of the rings came after
    not kids stuff

The Silmarillion is far more dry than The Hobbit or LOTR.

Something very fishy going on here in MT, I would like a lot of brains looking at this and see if anyone can see what’s happening.

Breakins, thefts, now Fed intervention after a district judge already made a ruling. Things aren’t sitting right.

125. Moe Katz
    125 | December 21, 2012 1:35 am

rain of lead wrote:

are we back on
    did the blog just strip a gear?

Kind of ominous if you ask me….

126. Mars
    126 | December 21, 2012 1:38 am

Next on the nanny state list. Laundry pods.

Here’s a post from another thread on another US business shut down by nanny govt.

Now the only remaining option is Chinese knockoffs.

Who’s sending business to China again? ///

127. whosoever
    127 | December 21, 2012 2:39 am

@ rain of lead:

dwarf politics

I am so sick of it. I really need to pay to see more?

128. irradicable
    128 | December 21, 2012 4:13 am

@ whosoever:

what?

129 | December 21, 2012 5:21 am

Mike C. wrote:

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    There’s a lot of space out there, you know…

Space is big. You just won’t believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it’s a long way down the road to the chemist’s, but that’s just peanuts to space.

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

130. 130 | December 21, 2012 5:41 am

I luvs me some Doug Adams…

“Oh no -- not again.”

131. 131 | December 21, 2012 6:05 am

Good news for LC9 owners -- new factory magazines still in stock and available at Midway USA.

Bad news for LC9 owners -- the damned things are still apparently made from Unobtainium, judging by the (not raised) price. $ 29 for a 7 round single-stack magazine??? Almost 50% more than factory Beretta M9/92/96 15 round magazines. Ugh.

Still, I could use a couple more…

132. ferb123
    132 | December 21, 2012 6:42 am

hmmm solution might be very simple:
    1. drive off the fiscal cliff
    -> tax increases automatically for everybody
    2. Obama introduces Obama-taxcuts for ppl making Gop happy because they have not increased taxes
    -> Gop happy about spending cuts
    -> Dem happy because they increase taxes for the rich
    -> Dem happy that they can blame fiscal cliff for spending cuts

133. ferb123
    133 | December 21, 2012 6:45 am

sorry should be

ferb123 wrote:

hmmm solution might be very simple:
    1. drive off the fiscal cliff
    -> tax increases automatically for everybody
    2. Obama introduces Obama-taxcuts for ppl making <250k
    -> Gop happy because they have not increased taxes
    -> Gop happy about spending cuts
    -> Dem happy because they increase taxes for the rich
    -> Dem happy that they can blame fiscal cliff for spending cuts

134. 134 | December 21, 2012 6:49 am

@ ferb123:

No, Obozo would much rather raise everyone’s taxes. It’s far better in his opinion than cutting the bloated federal budget.

135. 135 | December 21, 2012 6:51 am

Translation = We’re all fucked.

I’d normally say “Buy more ammo”, but good luck with that now…

136. 136 | December 21, 2012 6:58 am

mfhorn wrote:

@ ferb123:

The Obama acolytes don’t seem to understand that the middle classs is where the money is and, if there is to be any appreciable increase in revenues, middle class taxes will have to increase.

The “tax the rich” meme isn’t designed to raise revenue, it’s designed to provoke passions -- it’s dangerous and disgraceful.

137. ferb123
    137 | December 21, 2012 7:05 am

MacDuff wrote:

mfhorn wrote:
    @ ferb123:

The “tax the rich” meme isn’t designed to raise revenue, it’s designed to provoke passions — it’s dangerous and disgraceful.

I have read raising taxes for rich would generate 1 trillion (over 10 years) in revenue.
    I dont think this is insignificant.

138. 138 | December 21, 2012 7:08 am

@ ferb123:

What is the criteria for “rich” in that scenario?

139. 139 | December 21, 2012 7:09 am

ferb123 wrote:

I dont think this is insignificant.

The assumption in that figure is that the truly rich will allow themselves to be financially molested in that manner, and it’s an inherently false assumption. Haven’t you seen what’s happening in France?

140. ferb123
    140 | December 21, 2012 7:12 am

Mike C. wrote:

@ ferb123:
    What is the criteria for “rich” in that scenario?

afaik making >250k a year

141. ferb123
    141 | December 21, 2012 7:14 am

MacDuff wrote:

ferb123 wrote:
    I dont think this is insignificant.

you really think “the rich” will emigrate???
    Maybe to europe or china ?
    XDDDDDDDDDDD

142. 142 | December 21, 2012 7:20 am

ferb123 wrote:

you really think “the rich” will emigrate???
    Maybe to europe or china ?
    XDDDDDDDDDDD

People with means will find ways to avoid the tax; the more means they have, the less tax (as a percentage) the government will collect.

BTW, the “XDD” crap is inappropriate -- this isn’t a Justin Bieber blog.

143. 143 | December 21, 2012 7:26 am

@ ferb123:

$250K a year is upper middle class and, most especially, successful small businesses (a lot of small businesses pay taxes as “individuals”). The latter is where raising these taxes is going to cost jobs. If you haven’t noticed, we have a bit of an unemployment problem here in the United States. Raising taxes will make that worse. Does that really seem to be the bright thing to do? Is it “fair” to put people out of work?

144. ferb123
    144 | December 21, 2012 7:26 am

MacDuff wrote:

ferb123 wrote:
    you really think “the rich” will emigrate???
    Maybe to europe or china ?
    XDDDDDDDDDDD
    BTW, the “XDD” crap is inappropriate — this isn’t a Justin Bieber blog.

Obama could close these loopholes :mrgreen:

145. 145 | December 21, 2012 7:27 am

MacDuff wrote:

BTW, the “XDD” crap is inappropriate — this isn’t a Justin Bieber blog.

You’ve got to give ferb a break on that. He’s only about 15 or 16. To him everything is Justin Bieber…

146. ferb123
    147 | December 21, 2012 7:29 am

@ ferb123:

hmmm ok, lets call them “upper 2%” instead of “the rich”

147. 148 | December 21, 2012 7:29 am

ferb123 wrote:

Obama could close these loopholes

Actually, that is the Republican plan Obama has pledged to veto. You see, a lot of Obama’s constituencies benefit from those loopholes. Obama is as likely to publicly circumcise himself with a Swiss army knife as he is to close those loopholes.

148. 149 | December 21, 2012 7:30 am

@ ferb123:

So you are in favor of puting people out of work. Interesting. To you that is fairness. To me, it is madness. We can’t unemployee ourselves to prosperity.

149. 150 | December 21, 2012 7:32 am

@ ferb123:

“Taxing the Rich” isn’t about economics, it’s about ideology. See my #146 and feel free to respond to the points in the piece.

150. 151 | December 21, 2012 7:37 am

@ MacDuff:

Yes, it is all about Ideology. They want to raise taxes, and they don’t care if revenue goes down as a result. They want to punish the successful and, most especially, make sure the Middle Class doesn’t rise above their station. The real class warfare from the Obama Administration is a war on th eupper middle class and successful small businesses.

151. ferb123
    152 | December 21, 2012 7:44 am

MacDuff wrote:

@ ferb123:

If I understand this correctly #146 only shows that the bush tax cuts the upper 0.1% richer and the bottom 50% poorer

152. 153 | December 21, 2012 7:44 am

ferb123 wrote:

Mike C. wrote:
    @ ferb123:
    What is the criteria for “rich” in that scenario?
    afaik making >250k a year

If you think a family making $ 250 K/year is rich, I have some beachfront property in AZ to sell you. And I mean in average places in America -- forget NYC, SanFran and places like that.

153. 154 | December 21, 2012 7:45 am

Obama said somewhere along the line that he didn’t care if less revenue came in after an increase in some kind of tax (capital gains, maybe?). Proof that this is nothing but a class war.

Ferb- haven’t you seen what’s happening over in Froggieland where the socialist President raised taxes to something like 75% and the rich are fleeing like rats off a sinking ship?

Cut spending first, then a small, one year increase on taxes on the very richest (over 1 million), surtax the Obama constituencies (rich movie/tv/music types + those industries, and trust fund disbursements) by about 20%, PLUS a 50% surtax on George Soros & Warren Buffet. Repeat annually, but all contingent on massive cuts in federal spending.

154. 155 | December 21, 2012 7:47 am

ferb123 wrote:

No, you don’t understand it correctly, not even close. Try again.

155. 156 | December 21, 2012 7:47 am

@ ferb123:

From the linked page ” the richest 1% paid $84 billion more in taxes in 2007 than they had in 2000 — that’s a 23% increase — even though their average tax rate went down.

What’s more, their share of the overall income tax burden grew, climbing from 37% in 2000 to 40% in 2007.

At the other end of the spectrum, the bottom half of taxpayers paid $6 billion less in income taxes in 2007 than they had seven years earlier — a 16% drop — and their share of the total income tax burden dropped from 3.9% to 2.9%.”

156. 157 | December 21, 2012 7:51 am

@ mfhorn:

Those are “facts”. Ferb don’t need no stinkin’ facts!

That said, the Left don’t care about revenue or really who is paying the bulk of the actual tax revenue. They care about keeping the upper middle class from getting above their station. It is all about maintaining the current class system. They want to keep the Warren Buffets rich, and people like us from getting to be well off (not rich, mind you, but simply well off). They intend to borrow the money they spend, so raising revenue isn’t really an issue with them.

157. 158 | December 21, 2012 7:53 am

@ MacDuff:

Indeed. They’re about wealth redistribution and could care less about the impact on actual revenue. The obtuseness of @ ferb123: goes a long way to proving that.

158. ferb123
    159 | December 21, 2012 7:59 am

mfhorn wrote:

@ ferb123:

how it looked like in 2008 or 2009, 2010 where the bush taxcuts were still intact?

159. 160 | December 21, 2012 8:14 am

@ ferb123:

Uh, the “Bush Tax Cuts” were in effect 2004-2012, so the years 2004-2007 mentioned above are included.

160. 161 | December 21, 2012 8:18 am

Well, the sun is rising right on schedule and @ ferb123: is still willfully thick.

Armageddon has clearly been averted!

161. 162 | December 21, 2012 8:22 am

The eeevil ones on Wall Street are not amused this morning.

162. theoutsider
    163 | December 21, 2012 8:28 am

Merry Christmas everyone. Who’s going to be Speaker of the House next year? Opinions?

163. 164 | December 21, 2012 9:06 am

@ theoutsider:
    rry Christmas! My et is oehner keeps hi job. onservatives are the biggest single blckin the Republican Party, butthe Estalishment types a the RINOs combined outnumber us.

165 | December 21, 2012 9:20 am

@ ferb123:

I dont think this is insignificant.

Actually, yes, it is insignificant in terms of what the federal government spends. That’s $100 billion a year.

We’re on track to have a $1.6 trillion deficit this fiscal year.

165. taxfreekiller
    166 | December 21, 2012 9:45 am

A real “outsider”.

putz@ theoutsider:

166. taxfreekiller
    167 | December 21, 2012 9:50 am

1. With less than 60 conservative Republicans in the House the line was held for now.

2. Makes the usefulness of a third party something to think about.

3. Lots of shinney monkeys dancing to distract U.S..

4.. The inside the two party evil money cult want two things.
    a. Amnesty
    b. more control of guns

5. The sheep dogs must not sleep on duty nor glance way for a moment the wolfs are hungry for our freedoms.