A Friday OOT

by coldwarrior ( 49 Comments › )
Filed under Open thread, Uncategorized at December 21st, 2012 - 11:00 pm

Mrs Coldwarrior and I watched this the other night on one of the Indian Channels we get (well, I get for cricket). Anyway, we loved it!

Endhiran (Robot),  a film

the full movie here:

No Bollywood film would be complete without some choreography. :lol:

Comments

49 Responses to “A Friday OOT”

1 | December 21, 2012 11:16 pm

2 | December 21, 2012 11:25 pm

3 | December 21, 2012 11:28 pm

Hmmm… I guess I prefer something a little less abstract. New stuff from John Hiatt.

4 | December 21, 2012 11:30 pm

@ huckfunn:

bollywood cracks me up. however, often the scenes are just beautiful to watch tho.

mrs coldwarrior is a total bollywood fan.

5 | December 21, 2012 11:32 pm

the gun scene is top notch.

as linked above

6 | December 21, 2012 11:35 pm

I guess I’d have to be in the right mood. The last 2 weeks have been totally full tilt on an acquisition up in Dallas. Just got ‘er done today.

What’d ya think about the John Hiatt?

7 | December 21, 2012 11:37 pm

huckfunn wrote:

What’d ya think about the John Hiatt?

a little srv, a little roy buchanan, a little ray charles…

i like it

8 | December 21, 2012 11:37 pm

huckfunn wrote:

gotta make hay while the sun shines.

9 | December 21, 2012 11:47 pm

gotta make hay while the sun shines.

It was a low 9 figures deal and I was the buyer’s rep. Now this is weird. I went to the closing at 0830. I’m sitting at the conference table with the seller’s lawyer, banker, marketing guy, CEO and CFO. We’re waiting for confirmation of the wire transfer. While we’re waiting, we’re just yackin about football and the upcoming bowl games. I mentioned that just before I came to the meeting, I saw on Fox that the Marine who had been held in a Mexican prison since August would be released today. None of them had a clue as to what I was talking about. And these were sophisticated bidness men in their 40′s and 50′s. I was stunned. I had to sit there with that bunch until the wire came through at about 11:30 and then drive back to Austin. Wore me out.

10. eaglesoars
    10 | December 21, 2012 11:50 pm

huckfunn wrote:

And these were sophisticated bidness men in their 40′s and 50′s

Try IT people. Many of them don’t know Elvis has left the building.

11 | December 21, 2012 11:51 pm

@ huckfunn:

low information voters i suppose.

i do know when i was 60-80 hrs a week bustin my chops it was hard to keep track.

12 | December 21, 2012 11:55 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Try IT people. Many of them don’t know Elvis has left the building.

they are special.

in a good way of course. i would get one of them in one of my meetings to describe a new tech roll out and it was like talking to a squirrel. i’d have to keep asking ‘this has to do with the people in this room how?’

13 | December 21, 2012 11:59 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Low information voters. That’s the term I was trying to remember. However, I’m pretty sure that none of these guys would be Obamunists. Dunno; maybe the lawyer.

14 | December 22, 2012 12:01 am

@ huckfunn:

not sure what i think of that term.everyone cant be a news junky or a wonk.

thats what makes the message and the method so imprtant. sometimes you only have a few seconds to sell an idea,

15. eaglesoars
    15 | December 22, 2012 12:04 am

they are special.

I know. I was one for 30 yrs.

But I’ve always been such a history/politics buff I could work 60 hrs/week and still track.

I kept an 18 inch baseball bat on my desk labelled ‘user alignment tool’.

16 | December 22, 2012 12:07 am

eaglesoars wrote:

I kept an 18 inch baseball bat on my desk labelled ‘user alignment tool’.

operator timing and headspace.

had a similar device. i kept a cricket bat at my desk. when the sort would go bad in the terminal i would take it out and ‘fix’ the joint. if the employees saw me carrying the bat, they knew bad things were coming.

it became an icon in the building that i passed on.

17 | December 22, 2012 12:08 am

@ huckfunn:

not sure what i think of that term.everyone cant be a news junky or a wonk.

I hear ya. I am a news junky so I can understand that there are many who are not as up-to-date on the news as I am. But, geez. If one even clicked on a news site or watched 15 minutes of news over the past 2 weeks, one couldn’t escape the picture of the guy chained to a bed in a prison cell. I guess I’m amazed at the lack of curiosity.

18 | December 22, 2012 12:10 am

eaglesoars wrote:

i would lose track in november and come up for air in january (ups then fedexground)

now, there is no ‘peak’ . io dont hate christmas anymore.

19. eaglesoars
    19 | December 22, 2012 12:10 am

huckfunn wrote:

Are you sure about that? I only saw it on Fox

20 | December 22, 2012 12:12 am

@ huckfunn:

perhaps the more info and the more ways peeps can access info means the more they specialize and never leave their comfort zone.

so , for instance, real estate guys just stick to that, specialized on their phone.

21. eaglesoars
    21 | December 22, 2012 12:14 am

bedtime. nite all

22 | December 22, 2012 12:15 am

eaglesoars wrote:

Are you sure about that? I only saw it on Fox

i only saw it here, dont watch much tv and recently have been smashing the living beejeezes out of overtime.

23 | December 22, 2012 12:15 am

eaglesoars wrote:

Are you sure about that? I only saw it on Fox

You’ve got a point. I primarily get my news from Drudge, Fox, WZ and the Washington Times. I suppose that’s why I’m better informed than people who watch the alphabet news.

24 | December 22, 2012 12:15 am

eaglesoars wrote:

bedtime. nite all

nite yinz!

25 | December 22, 2012 12:17 am

eaglesoars wrote:

bedtime. nite all

G’nite. I almost said “I’m right behind you”, but you might not approve. :roll:

26. Mars
    26 | December 22, 2012 12:21 am

Hey @eaglesoars look what they found nine new species of. I’m sure you’re thrilled.

27 | December 22, 2012 12:21 am

This is pretty cool. Eric Clapton and Sonny Landreth.

28 | December 22, 2012 12:22 am

@ Mars:

deep fried with a nice garlic sauce.

29. Mars
    29 | December 22, 2012 12:24 am

@ Mars:
    deep fried with a nice garlic sauce.

I’ve heard that. Don’t think I could pull that one off.

30 | December 22, 2012 12:26 am

Mars wrote:

@ Mars:
    deep fried with a nice garlic sauce.

I’ve heard that. Don’t think I could pull that one off.

dont drink the tap water, eat only what you witness as fully cooked.

;)

31 | December 22, 2012 12:30 am

All done here……
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

32. Mars
    32 | December 22, 2012 12:31 am

Mars wrote:
    @ Mars:
    deep fried with a nice garlic sauce.
    I’ve heard that. Don’t think I could pull that one off.

dont drink the tap water, eat only what you witness as fully cooked.

Yep. Of course I’ve eaten in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait so I am used to not drinking any water that isn’t from a name brand bottle.

33 | December 22, 2012 12:34 am

@ Mars:

kenya, uganda, egypt.

i learned by watching a friend of mine break rule number 1.

34. Mars
    34 | December 22, 2012 12:35 am

@ Mars:
    kenya, uganda, egypt.
    i learned by watching a friend of mine break rule number 1.

Ouch.

35 | December 22, 2012 12:38 am

@ Mars:

it is really amazing what local ‘water’ can do to the foreign gut.

36. Mars
    36 | December 22, 2012 12:40 am

Yeah. I usually took my water in carbonated caramel colored form.

37. Mars
    37 | December 22, 2012 12:43 am

Tired, I think I’m heading to bed. Night all.

38 | December 22, 2012 12:44 am

Mars wrote:

Yeah. I usually took my water in carbonated caramel colored form.

to this day i still buy apolinaris or pelligrino. these are always in the house. i dont go through cases at a time, but it is a fun remembering when that was the only water (even to brush teeth) that was safe.

we grab a case at costco once in a while. my 4 yo loves it as a treat.

39 | December 22, 2012 12:57 am

i love these guys.

40. 40 | December 22, 2012 1:00 am

Welcome to the Stout Hemp Rope Party Party…

Our Motto: Why yes, there is enough Stout Hemp Rope in America to solve all of our problems.

Our Creed: A Fifth Column Treasonous Media Propagandist hanging from every streetlamp.

Our platform:

1) Go to a flat tax, 15% for all individuals 20% for all business and corporations, no deductions no loopholes. All Citizens pay, no exceptions. No non citizen receives any federal or state benefits.

2) Cap federal spending at a Maximum of 80 percent of the previous years tax receipts, No exceptions except in the event that congress declares war. The remaining 20 percent is to be used to pay down the debt and absolutely nothing else.

41 | December 22, 2012 1:03 am

lessee…..

personal liberty, check

smaller govt, check

states rights, check.

i’m in!
    (goldwater wing)

42 | December 22, 2012 1:04 am

doriangrey wrote:

we dont grow hemp anymore, have to import it from E europe.

43 | December 22, 2012 1:27 am

@ 40 doriangrey: A website dedicated to comparing stout hemp rope to major news personalities would make some news.

44. 44 | December 22, 2012 4:35 am

Ridiculous. America makes perfectly good synthetic rope in every size, color and degree of stretchiness. Braided, cored; you name it.

45. 45 | December 22, 2012 8:25 am

Mike C. wrote:

Hemp has a certain traditional/historical value here, though.

I’m sure that the REAL reason why Congress will not permit the growing of industrial hemp (which cannot be used as a drug) is that it brings up too many unpleasant associations having to do with the capital crime of treason.

46 | December 22, 2012 8:44 am

Mike C. wrote:

i’ll take hemp over synthetic any day. wont bother getting into the pros and cons of hemp over synthetic as most would find the debate to be pedantic and boring.

i do giggle at lehmans being on line.

oh, and the lecture is up.

47. 47 | December 22, 2012 8:47 am

Well, I favor tradition myself, but let’s be honest here. Lots of hanging to be done, and nobody knows how to properly whip a hemp rope end anymore. Synthetic rope can just have the ends melted (or cut with a hot blade) and yer done. A good single shot rifle (think Sharps, Ballard or Hepburn here) is a thing of beauty and joy to use, but we’re gonna need something more pragmatic to deal with these scum.

48 | December 22, 2012 8:56 am

hemp is a pretty amazing plant, it grows anywhere and even in poor soils…it does not deplete the soil either…drought and insect resistant…and it has a bunch of potential uses…Canada grows quite a bit of it…it’s just idiotic that the feds don’t allow it’s production here

49 | December 22, 2012 9:02 am

Mike C. wrote:

nobody knows how to properly whip a hemp rope end anymore

i do.

(pretty much grew up on horses)