First time visitor? Learn more.

While law deters the rational, it has far less effect on the psychotic

by Speranza ( 92 Comments › )
Filed under Crime at December 21st, 2012 - 5:00 pm

A very good article regarding the changing mental health laws.


by Charles Krauthammer

Every mass shooting has three elements: the killer, the weapon and the cultural climate. As soon as the shooting stops, partisans immediately pick their preferred root cause with corresponding pet panacea. Names are hurled, scapegoats paraded, prejudices vented. The argument goes nowhere.

Let’s be serious:

(1) The Weapon

Within hours of last week’s Newtown, Conn., massacre, the focus was the weapon and the demand was for new gun laws. Several prominent pro-gun Democrats remorsefully professed new openness to gun control. Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) is introducing a new assault weapons ban. And the president emphasized guns and ammo above all else in announcing the creation of a new task force.

I have no problem in principle with gun control. Congress enacted (and I supported) an assault weapons ban in 1994. The problem was: It didn’t work.  [.........] Unless you are prepared to confiscate all existing firearms, disarm the citizenry and repeal the Second Amendment, it’s almost impossible to craft a law that will be effective.

Feinstein’s law, for example, would exempt 900 weapons. And that’s the least of the loopholes. Even the guns that are banned can be made legal with simple, minor modifications.

Most fatal, however, is the grandfathering of existing weapons and magazines. That’s one of the reasons the ’94 law failed. At the time, there were 1.5 million assault weapons in circulation and 25 million large-capacity (i.e., more than 10 bullets) magazines. A reservoir that immense can take 100 years to draw down.

(2) The Killer

Monsters shall always be with us, but in earlier days they did not roam free. As a psychiatrist in Massachusetts in the 1970s, I committed people — often right out of the emergency room — as a danger to themselves or to others. I never did so lightly, but I labored under none of the crushing bureaucratic and legal constraints that make involuntary commitment infinitely more difficult today.

Why do you think we have so many homeless? Destitution? Poverty has declined since the 1950s. The majority of those sleeping on grates are mentally ill. In the name of civil liberties, we let them die with their rights on.

A tiny percentage of the mentally ill become mass killers. Just about everyone around Tucson shooter Jared Loughner sensed he was mentally ill and dangerous. But in effect, he had to kill before he could be put away — and (forcibly) treated.

Random mass killings were three times more common in the 2000s than in the 1980s, when gun laws were actually weaker.  [.........]

(3) The Culture

We live in an entertainment culture soaked in graphic, often sadistic, violence. Older folks find themselves stunned by what a desensitized youth finds routine, often amusing. It’s not just movies. Young men sit for hours pulling video-game triggers, mowing down human beings en masse without pain or consequence. And we profess shock when a small cadre of unstable, deeply deranged, dangerously isolated young men go out and enact the overlearned narrative.

If we’re serious about curtailing future Columbines and Newtowns, everything — guns, commitment, culture — must be on the table. It’s not hard for President Obama to call out the NRA. But will he call out the ACLU? And will he call out his Hollywood friends?

[........] We’re living not through an epidemic of gun violence but through a historic decline.

Except for these unfathomable mass murders. But these are infinitely more difficult to prevent. While law deters the rational, it has far less effect on the psychotic.  [........]

But there’s a cost. Gun control impinges upon the Second Amendment; involuntary commitment impinges upon the liberty clause of the Fifth Amendment; curbing “entertainment” violence impinges upon First Amendment free speech.

That’s a lot of impingement, a lot of amendments. But there’s no free lunch. Increasing public safety almost always means restricting liberties.

We made that trade after 9/11. We make it every time the Transportation Security Administrationinvades your body at an airport. How much are we prepared to trade away after Newtown

Read the rest - The roots of mass murder

Tags:

Comments

Comments and respectful debate are both welcome and encouraged.

Comments are the sole opinion of the comment writer, just as each thread posted is the sole opinion or post idea of the administrator that posted it or of the readers that have written guest posts for the Blogmocracy.

Obscene, abusive, or annoying remarks may be deleted or moved to spam for admin review, but the fact that particular comments remain on the site in no way constitutes an endorsement of their content by any other commenter or the admins of this Blogmocracy.

We're not easily offended and don't want people to think they have to walk on eggshells around here (like at another place that shall remain nameless) but of course, there is a limit to everything.

Play nice!

92 Responses to “While law deters the rational, it has far less effect on the psychotic”
( jump to bottom )

  1. citizen_q
    1 | December 21, 2012 5:30 pm

    I did not read the entire article, but while Charles states:

    As soon as the shooting stops, partisans immediately pick their preferred root cause with corresponding pet panacea. Names are hurled, scapegoats paraded, prejudices vented. The argument goes nowhere.

    I think he is missing the mark, and is ignoring the “Never let a good crisis go to waste” totalitarians who hijack and twist tragedies to their own political and usually IMHO nefarious ends.


  2. Tanker
    2 | December 21, 2012 5:31 pm

    How much are we prepared to trade away after Newtown

    And how much real choice will we have in anything done on any of these issues?


  3. citizen_q
    3 | December 21, 2012 5:33 pm

    @ Tanker:
    I don’t see any choice.

    We will be dictated to.

    As I said the so called national conversation will be as one sided as comrade zero’s bipartisanship.


  4. Tanker
    4 | December 21, 2012 5:36 pm

    citizen_q wrote:

    @ Tanker:
    I don’t see any choice.
    We will be dictated to.
    As I said the so called national conversation will be as one sided as comrade zero’s bipartisanship.

    Speaking of which, the zero is about to take to the stand and continue his bipartisanship! /////


  5. Tanker
    5 | December 21, 2012 5:38 pm

    @ Tanker:
    Time to hit the PSTFU button = MUTE


  6. citizen_q
    6 | December 21, 2012 5:41 pm

    Tanker wrote:

    Speaking of which, the zero is about to take to the stand and continue his bipartisanship! /////

    Normally I applaud our elected officials taking vacations. No one’s life, liberty or property is safe when the legislature is in session (Mark Twain?)

    Comrade zero and his royal court is an exception. He is always a danger to the above and add in the treasury as we foot the bill for his fancy 3 week Hawaii vacation.


  7. RIX
    7 | December 21, 2012 5:43 pm

    He is on again! How many times a day does Obama get himself
    on television?
    He is saying that Congress should take a few days off for
    Christmas and then get back to fix the fiscal mess.
    Of course he didn’t cancel his trip to Hawaii.


  8. citizen_q
    8 | December 21, 2012 5:49 pm

    @ RIX:
    I said the queen mooch, would be champing at the bit for another of their multi-million dollar vacations before the election. She had to go cold turkey for a few months before for appearances sake.


  9. RIX
    9 | December 21, 2012 5:53 pm

    @ citizen_q:
    Oh yeah, Moochelle is not missing another vacation.
    Watch how many photos have her filling her face.


  10. citizen_q
    10 | December 21, 2012 6:01 pm

    @ RIX:
    Its a pretty good case study of media bias how these royal getaways get little if any bad press.


  11. 11 | December 21, 2012 6:23 pm

    @ citizen_q:

    THat’s not fair. All the European royalty put together don’t cost as much as POTUS.


  12. citizen_q
    12 | December 21, 2012 6:29 pm

    @ Mike C.:
    A POTUS, or this POTUS?

    Later, have to fix dinner.


  13. RIX
    13 | December 21, 2012 6:30 pm

    Icitizen_q wrote:
    @ RIX:
    Its a pretty good case study of media bias how these royal getaways get little if any bad press.

    yeah, they would crucify Bush.


  14. RIX
    14 | December 21, 2012 6:35 pm

    Mike C. wrote:

    @ citizen_q:

    THat’s not fair. All the European royalty put together don’t cost as much as POTUS.

    Nor do they feel so entitled.


  15. Speranza
    15 | December 21, 2012 6:47 pm

    citizen_q wrote:

    @ RIX:
    I said the queen mooch, would be champing at the bit for another of their multi-million dollar vacations before the election. She had to go cold turkey for a few months before for appearances sake.

    She just can’t help herself.


  16. heysoos
    16 | December 21, 2012 7:13 pm

    I don’t look at their pictures or listen to their voices…I can’t stand the Obamas…couple of pimps slogging off on your dime…they are crude and tasteless, no style no class…a pair of wannabe frauds that have no clue as to how they are perceived…Mooch is a cow with a serious jaw problem, BO is a make believe dandy who is so dim witted but egotistical he cannot socialize without making a monkey of himself…he’s filled his admin with sycophants that do the ape dance for him…these two animals are a fucking disgrace


  17. 17 | December 21, 2012 7:18 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    I don’t look at their pictures or listen to their voices…I can’t stand the Obamas…couple of pimps slogging off on your dime…they are crude and tasteless, no style no class…a pair of wannabe frauds that have no clue as to how they are perceived…Mooch is a cow with a serious jaw problem, BO is a make believe dandy who is so dim witted but egotistical he cannot socialize without making a monkey of himself…he’s filled his admin with sycophants that do the ape dance for him…these two animals are a fucking disgrace

    All true and alas, the second term doesn’t even start for another month. We could use a miracle.


  18. Speranza
    18 | December 21, 2012 7:19 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    no style no class

    No class indeed, even worse then the CLinton’s I am no fan of W. but he and his wife had tons of class.


  19. heysoos
    19 | December 21, 2012 7:33 pm

    @ Speranza:
    not a big fan of GB as a politician, but you are exactly right…a good a decent man and wife…I thought Laura Bush made an excellent First Lady


  20. heysoos
    20 | December 21, 2012 7:41 pm

    I’d drink with GW….conversely, I’d head butt BO if I had the chance…
    (gettin a tad rowdy here….Rodan’s gonna bust my ass)


  21. Mars
    21 | December 21, 2012 7:59 pm

    Where is Krauthammer from?

    While I agree with him 90% of the time there are several points he both misses the mark and falls into the liberal talking points.

    Specifically these:

    I have no problem in principle with gun control. Congress enacted (and I supported) an assault weapons ban in 1994.

    Really? Supported a ban on something that the people enacting the ban can’t even correctly define?

    Feinstein’s law, for example, would exempt 900 weapons. And that’s the least of the loopholes. Even the guns that are banned can be made legal with simple, minor modifications.

    Umm, GOOD. We don’t want a comprehensive ban that works.

    Most fatal, however, is the grandfathering of existing weapons and magazines. That’s one of the reasons the ’94 law failed. At the time, there were 1.5 million assault weapons in circulation and 25 million large-capacity (i.e., more than 10 bullets) magazines. A reservoir that immense can take 100 years to draw down.

    What’s the point here? these things shouldn’t even be considered for a ban anyway. There is no reason for it.

    We live in an entertainment culture soaked in graphic, often sadistic, violence. Older folks find themselves stunned by what a desensitized youth finds routine, often amusing. It’s not just movies. Young men sit for hours pulling video-game triggers, mowing down human beings en masse without pain or consequence. And we profess shock when a small cadre of unstable, deeply deranged, dangerously isolated young men go out and enact the overlearned narrative.

    And his point is? Yes by all means lets ban every possible thing that could make someone do this. That would be EVERYTHING.

    Besides the studies have already shown there is no increased propensity toward violence due to games, movies, etc unless that individual is already mentally ill.

    That’s a lot of impingement, a lot of amendments. But there’s no free lunch. Increasing public safety almost always means restricting liberties.

    Exactly and since the facts say the opposite of what the gun grabbers say, then they needs to get the hell out of the process. Stop furthering political careers of the left on the bodies of the innocent victims. And the rights of those who never did wrong.


  22. Mars
    22 | December 21, 2012 8:01 pm

    Speranza wrote:

    heysoos wrote:
    no style no class
    No class indeed, even worse then the CLinton’s I am no fan of W. but he and his wife had tons of class.

    I remember reading about the total mess the White House was left in after the Klintons left. I’m terrified at what these classless trash will do to the peoples house.


  23. Mars
    23 | December 21, 2012 8:03 pm

    http://www.livescience.com/25656-pygmy-whales-living-fossils.html

    Another species the biologists and paleontologists were wrong about and the cryptozoologists were right about.


  24. citizen_q
    24 | December 21, 2012 8:12 pm

    @ Mars:
    I wager it would be the equivalent to a Section 8 eviction.


  25. Mars
    25 | December 21, 2012 8:13 pm

    citizen_q wrote:

    @ Mars:
    I wager it would be the equivalent to a Section 8 eviction.

    Racist ///


  26. citizen_q
    26 | December 21, 2012 8:22 pm

    @ Mars:
    And a bitter clinger too.


  27. eaglesoars
    27 | December 21, 2012 8:43 pm

    We live in an entertainment culture soaked in graphic, often sadistic, violence. Older folks find themselves stunned by what a desensitized youth finds routine, often amusing. It’s not just movies. Young men sit for hours pulling video-game triggers, mowing down human beings en masse without pain or consequence. And we profess shock when a small cadre of unstable, deeply deranged, dangerously isolated young men go out and enact the overlearned narrative.

    There’s a non-sequitur here. Sadistic violence shown in an entertainment venue did not make them psychotic.


  28. lobo91
    28 | December 21, 2012 8:54 pm

    I wish they’d stop letting libs lie on FNC.

    Some idiot from an anti-gun group was just talking about people being able to buy guns over the internet without a background check, which is absolutely not the case.

    And now there’s some jackass talking about how the people of Colorado voted to “regulate pot like alcohol and get the tax revenue from it.” Again, false. All the referendum here did was decriminalize possession of small amounts. It doesn’t make it legal to sell, and sure doesn’t tax it.


  29. heysoos
    29 | December 21, 2012 8:56 pm

    @ lobo91:
    and now 4 million people are uninformed


  30. heysoos
    30 | December 21, 2012 8:58 pm

    was waiting for the football game to start, when I figured out it was Fri not Sat…living alone has it’s drawbacks


  31. lobo91
    31 | December 21, 2012 9:01 pm

    I was just up at WalMart picking up some targets and stuff, and I walked by the ammo case.

    It looked like locusts got to it.

    Not a single box of .22, .223, or any handgun calibers in stock.


  32. brookly red
    32 | December 21, 2012 9:06 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    I wish they’d stop letting libs lie

    I wish they would stop letting libs period.


  33. citizen_q
    33 | December 21, 2012 9:07 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    was waiting for the football game to start, when I figured out it was Fri not Sat…living alone has it’s drawbacks

    OTOH, you can break wind whenever you like. /

    Formal Reprimand Issued To Flatulent Federal Worker
    Man’s gas blamed for creating “intolerable” workplace


  34. lobo91
    34 | December 21, 2012 9:11 pm

    Here’s a link to the press conference Wayne Lapierre held today at NRA headquarters if anyone is interested.


  35. heysoos
    35 | December 21, 2012 9:11 pm

    @ citizen_q:
    heh, I don’t mind…I’m secluded and safe where I am and all my kin love it here, when they show up…I go back home 2-3 times a year


  36. brookly red
    36 | December 21, 2012 9:19 pm

    citizen_q wrote:

    heysoos wrote:

    was waiting for the football game to start, when I figured out it was Fri not Sat…living alone has it’s drawbacks

    OTOH, you can break wind whenever you like. /

    Formal Reprimand Issued To Flatulent Federal Worker
    Man’s gas blamed for creating “intolerable” workplace

    just watch… he will claim it as a disability and collect a pension


  37. lobo91
    37 | December 21, 2012 9:20 pm

    “The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.”


  38. citizen_q
    38 | December 21, 2012 9:20 pm

    @ heysoos:
    I’m a fan of NM. Wife and visited again last July. Stuck here in the Cuba on the Chesapeake.

    @ lobo91:

    Our local news just showed a teaser about the press conference. Of course they focused on the code pinko.


  39. lobo91
    39 | December 21, 2012 9:22 pm

    @ citizen_q:

    I’m only about halfway through watching it. That must come later.


  40. heysoos
    40 | December 21, 2012 9:24 pm

    @ citizen_q:
    NM is the last bastion for people that want to put their history behind them…it was always this way…NM is full of leave me alone type personalities, including mine…NM in 2012 is not that much different from NM circa 1880


  41. Da_Beerfreak
    41 | December 21, 2012 9:27 pm

    citizen_q wrote:

    Stuck here in the Cuba on the Chesapeake.

    Don’t try to sugar coat it. We know you’re camping just outside of Mordor on the Potomac… :twisted:


  42. heysoos
    42 | December 21, 2012 9:31 pm

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    citizen_q wrote:
    Stuck here in the Cuba on the Chesapeake.
    Don’t try to sugar coat it. We know you’re camping just outside of Mordor on the Potomac…

    I visit and party back east every year…as much as I love DC and the big metro areas, I could not survive the surly, fast paced, obnoxious attitudes of east coasters…I lump


  43. citizen_q
    43 | December 21, 2012 9:38 pm

    @ heysoos:
    Interesting, I did not know that. It reminds me of a curious experiance I had on our trip. We visited Ortega s outside of Chimayo (?), where they weave rugs. the have a small gift shop and in that shop a small area of books of local interest. They had 15 different books on Marranos and Conversos

    I love the scenery, dry climate, and the food.

    The wife and even planned our wedding so we could spend part of our Honeymoon in ABQ for the Balloon Festival.


  44. lobo91
    44 | December 21, 2012 9:40 pm

    NRA chief urges armed guards in ‘every single school,’ dismisses calls for gun control

    National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre on Friday dismissed calls for increased gun control in response to the Connecticut school shooting, calling instead for Congress to support a plan putting armed police officers in “every single school” in America.

    In an impassioned speech, marking the NRA’s first in-depth public comments since the Newtown tragedy, LaPierre pointed the finger not at gun proliferation but violent video games, the media and the absence of armed guards at schools.

    He argued that if banks and members of Congress can have protection, schools across America should be afforded the same security.

    “It’s now time for us to assume responsibly for our schools,” he said. “The only way to stop a monster from killing our kids is to be permanently involved and invested in a plan of absolute protection.”

    He added: “The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.”

    LaPierre called for a national school security plan, including an appropriation from Congress for armed guards in every school. He tapped former Rep. Asa Hutchison, R-Ark., to lead the effort to develop the security plans, which would cover everything from building design to access control. There are nearly 100,000 public schools in America.

    Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., in a statement after the press conference, called LaPierre’s plan “reckless.”

    “It is beyond belief that following the Newtown tragedy, the National Rifle Association’s leaders want to fill our communities with guns and arm more Americans,” he said.


  45. eaglesoars
    45 | December 21, 2012 9:40 pm

    Jon Hammer is home.


  46. citizen_q
    46 | December 21, 2012 9:41 pm

    @ Da_Beerfreak:
    Close enough to almost see the baleful eye of Saruon searching for pockets of freedom and liberty to quash.


  47. eaglesoars
    47 | December 21, 2012 9:43 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    I could not survive the surly, fast paced, obnoxious attitudes of east coasters…

    Well I should hope you consider yinzers an exception………..


  48. heysoos
    48 | December 21, 2012 9:44 pm

    @ citizen_q:
    if you do, stop by and you can buy me a drink…seriously, NM is unique as far as I can tell, in that people tend to their own affairs, are far less judgmental, and just an easy going place to live…I could live wherever I want, and I choose ABQ


  49. heysoos
    49 | December 21, 2012 9:45 pm

    @ eaglesoars:
    ooh rah!…I was about to launch my own prison busting rescue mission…
    good news indeed


  50. brookly red
    50 | December 21, 2012 9:47 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    citizen_q wrote:
    Stuck here in the Cuba on the Chesapeake.
    Don’t try to sugar coat it. We know you’re camping just outside of Mordor on the Potomac…

    I visit and party back east every year…as much as I love DC and the big metro areas, I could not survive the surly, fast paced, obnoxious attitudes of east coasters…I lump

    hey! I resemble that statement.


  51. eaglesoars
    51 | December 21, 2012 9:49 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    @ eaglesoars:
    ooh rah!…I was about to launch my own prison busting rescue mission…
    good news indeed

    His congresswoman (I forget her name) was on O’Reilly. She said State and the WH did NOTHING. No behind the scenes machinations, nothing.


  52. heysoos
    52 | December 21, 2012 9:50 pm

    eaglesoars wrote:

    heysoos wrote:
    I could not survive the surly, fast paced, obnoxious attitudes of east coasters…
    Well I should hope you consider yinzers an exception………..

    I might if I knew what a yinzer is…I suspect it has something to do with a hoagie…around about of course…once again, I consider the entire country my hood and if this has anything to do with Pittsburg I’ll eat my shorts…I like that town


  53. eaglesoars
    53 | December 21, 2012 9:51 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    and if this has anything to do with Pittsburg I’ll eat my shorts

    dig in Sparky!!


  54. citizen_q
    54 | December 21, 2012 9:51 pm

    @ heysoos:
    LOL! I would love to. I will keep that in mind for our next trip out that way.


  55. heysoos
    55 | December 21, 2012 9:52 pm

    @ brookly red:
    you are tolerable…I can’t say the same for your sister over in Manhattan


  56. Da_Beerfreak
    56 | December 21, 2012 9:52 pm

    citizen_q wrote:

    @ Da_Beerfreak:
    Close enough to almost see the baleful eye of Saruon searching for pockets of freedom and liberty to quash.

    Many years ago I used to live across the river within sight of the Washington Monument. It’s not hard for the imagination to place the baleful eye of Saruon up there to watch everything inside the beltway. :cool:


  57. brookly red
    57 | December 21, 2012 9:52 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre on Friday dismissed calls for increased gun control in response to the Connecticut school shooting, calling instead for Congress to support a plan putting armed police officers in “every single school” in America.

    that would cost a lot of money and a lot of places don’t have it. Instead of police officers may I suggest the Sate Militia :)


  58. heysoos
    58 | December 21, 2012 9:54 pm

    @ Da_Beerfreak:
    I can dig that metaphor


  59. eaglesoars
    59 | December 21, 2012 9:55 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    Sate Militia

    We need law enforcement from Thailand?

    :wink:


  60. CynicalConservative
    60 | December 21, 2012 9:56 pm

    Comic relief for the gun buying frenzy… this is from a board that I haunt regularly. $1000 for a vanilla 10/22

    http://www.northwestfirearms.com/rifle-classifieds/111961-ruger-10-22-assault-rifle-bananna-clip-%241000.html#post738388

    /galt


  61. eaglesoars
    61 | December 21, 2012 9:58 pm

    CynicalConservative wrote:

    this is from a board that I haunt regularly. $1000 for a vanilla 10/22

    gulp


  62. Da_Beerfreak
    62 | December 21, 2012 9:58 pm

    Why are New Yorkers always depressed?? :wink:

    The light at the end of their tunnel is New Jersey… :shock:


  63. brookly red
    63 | December 21, 2012 9:58 pm

    eaglesoars wrote:

    brookly red wrote:

    Sate Militia

    We need law enforcement from Thailand?

    Outsourcing? brilliant! Why didn’t I think of that?


  64. brookly red
    64 | December 21, 2012 10:03 pm

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    Why are New Yorkers always depressed??

    The light at the end of their tunnel is New Jersey…

    who is depressed? every day 2 million come here leave their money and go home… what’s not to love.


  65. Da_Beerfreak
    65 | December 21, 2012 10:08 pm

    @ brookly red:
    Two million, that’s almost equal to half the population of the state I live in.


  66. eaglesoars
    66 | December 21, 2012 10:10 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    what’s not to love.

    We love NYC. Every summer we used to get a gorgeous room at the Millenium Hilton across from the WTC for the weekend and go to a Yankees game, museums, etc. I found New Yorkers to be some of the friendliest people…can be a bit brusque but truly nice


  67. darkwords
    67 | December 21, 2012 10:10 pm

    @ 27 eaglesoars: True. But what I think happens is that the people on the edge use slasher movies as a gateway feedback until they snap. Then they have been programmed poorly by hollywood to resolve their issue.


  68. brookly red
    68 | December 21, 2012 10:11 pm

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    @ brookly red:
    Two million, that’s almost equal to half the population of the state I live in.

    that is why we have the electoral college…


  69. darkwords
    69 | December 21, 2012 10:13 pm

    @ 28 lobo91: Fuzzy generalities making the mass media rounds about how the country is shifting to gun control after the shooting.


  70. eaglesoars
    70 | December 21, 2012 10:13 pm

    darkwords wrote:

    gateway feedback

    interesting term -- quite useful.


  71. Da_Beerfreak
    71 | December 21, 2012 10:15 pm

    @ brookly red:
    Thanks to the Great Compromise of 1787.


  72. brookly red
    72 | December 21, 2012 10:16 pm

    eaglesoars wrote:

    brookly red wrote:

    what’s not to love.

    We love NYC. Every summer we used to get a gorgeous room at the Millenium Hilton across from the WTC for the weekend and go to a Yankees game, museums, etc. I found New Yorkers to be some of the friendliest people…can be a bit brusque but truly nice

    the fact is half of NYers aren’t born here, they wanted more than their hometown had to offer and come here to seek fame and fortune (or at least a job) the rude New Yorker is actually an out of stater who thinks he is too good for where he came from.


  73. huckfunn
    73 | December 21, 2012 10:33 pm

    Confirmed. My 20.5 year old cat is senile. About an hour ago I went out to the garage to put away some tools. Totter (the surviving twin of Teeter & Totter) was alertly sitting in her shit box. I assumed she was taking a dump so I averted my eyes, put the tools away and went back inside. I went back out to the garage a few minutes ago and she was curled up and asleep in the shit box. And she has a very nice sleeping box, cushioned with old towels, lined with a flannel bed sheet and equipped with a heating pad. Not much doubt in my mind that she has oldtimer’s.


  74. eaglesoars
    74 | December 21, 2012 10:38 pm

    What a disgusting human being.

    Childless Lib Sandra Fluke: How we raise boys leads to gun violence.


  75. brookly red
    75 | December 21, 2012 10:41 pm

    huckfunn wrote:

    Confirmed. My 20.5 year old cat is senile. About an hour ago I went out to the garage to put away some tools. Totter (the surviving twin of Teeter & Totter) was alertly sitting in her shit box. I assumed she was taking a dump so I averted my eyes, put the tools away and went back inside. I went back out to the garage a few minutes ago and she was curled up and asleep in the shit box. And she has a very nice sleeping box, cushioned with old towels, lined with a flannel bed sheet and equipped with a heating pad. Not much doubt in my mind that she has oldtimer’s.

    I had a dog with that and my gave her Serlogeluse (sp?) it is made by Pfizer but the generic is about 9 bucks a month… she got almost 2 more yrs of life and sharp as razor. I wish they would test it on humans.


  76. brookly red
    76 | December 21, 2012 10:44 pm

    eaglesoars wrote:

    What a disgusting human being.

    Childless Lib Sandra Fluke: How we raise boys leads to gun violence.

    Liberalism is not only a mental illness it is an affront to Gods plan.


  77. huckfunn
    77 | December 21, 2012 10:47 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    I had a dog with that and my gave her Serlogeluse (sp?) it is made by Pfizer but the generic is about 9 bucks a month… she got almost 2 more yrs of life and sharp as razor. I wish they would test it on humans.

    I’m not sure if want a 20.5 year old cat to live 2 years longer, but that’s just me.


  78. eaglesoars
    78 | December 21, 2012 10:49 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    eaglesoars wrote:

    What a disgusting human being.

    Childless Lib Sandra Fluke: How we raise boys leads to gun violence.

    Liberalism is not only a mental illness it is an affront to Gods plan.

    You’ll LOVE this one.

    CNN.com contributor Aarathi Prasad yearns for an “egalitarian” brave new world of laboratory babies and artificial wombs.

    Prasad, in a revealing December 20 opinion piece titled “Reproduction without sex, a liberating future,” argued for the glories of a technological future where kids could simply be produced in the laboratory. She summed up this future in one simple phrase: “After sex without reproduction, reproduction without sex.”


  79. lobo91
    79 | December 21, 2012 10:56 pm

    eaglesoars wrote:

    What a disgusting human being.
    Childless Lib Sandra Fluke: How we raise boys leads to gun violence.

    She’s actually right, if by “we” she means her fellow liberals who have spent the past 40 years trying to turn boys into girls.


  80. huckfunn
    80 | December 21, 2012 11:02 pm

    eaglesoars wrote:

    You’ll LOVE this one.

    CNN.com contributor Aarathi Prasad yearns for an “egalitarian” brave new world of laboratory babies and artificial wombs.

    The crap being spewed from CNN, MSNBC and now ESPN are the ravings of lunatics. Where do they dream this stuff up?


  81. The Osprey
    81 | December 21, 2012 11:02 pm

    CynicalConservative wrote:

    Comic relief for the gun buying frenzy… this is from a board that I haunt regularly. $1000 for a vanilla 10/22

    http://www.northwestfirearms.com/rifle-classifieds/111961-ruger-10-22-assault-rifle-bananna-clip-%241000.html#post738388

    /galt

    Here in Arizona there are plenty of 10/22′s on the shelf. There’s not even all that much panic buying of
    handguns…1911′s, Glocks, SiGs and what not can still be had at roughly the same prices as last week.
    But the walls at Scottsdale Gun Club and US Auto Weapons that were full of AR’s, AK’s and the like two weeks ago are bare.


  82. brookly red
    82 | December 21, 2012 11:06 pm

    eaglesoars wrote:

    brookly red wrote:

    eaglesoars wrote:

    What a disgusting human being.

    Childless Lib Sandra Fluke: How we raise boys leads to gun violence.

    Liberalism is not only a mental illness it is an affront to Gods plan.

    You’ll LOVE this one.

    CNN.com contributor Aarathi Prasad yearns for an “egalitarian” brave new world of laboratory babies and artificial wombs.

    Prasad, in a revealing December 20 opinion piece titled “Reproduction without sex, a liberating future,” argued for the glories of a technological future where kids could simply be produced in the laboratory. She summed up this future in one simple phrase: “After sex without reproduction, reproduction without sex.”

    they are just so Godless, they just can’t deal with the concept of a higher power…


  83. eaglesoars
    83 | December 21, 2012 11:09 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    She’s actually right, if by “we” she means her fellow liberals who have spent the past 40 years trying to turn boys into girls.

    Libs think testosterone should be regulated/banned.


  84. eaglesoars
    84 | December 21, 2012 11:09 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    they just can’t deal with the concept of a higher power…

    They ARE the higher power. Get with the program.


  85. brookly red
    85 | December 21, 2012 11:13 pm

    eaglesoars wrote:

    lobo91 wrote:

    She’s actually right, if by “we” she means her fellow liberals who have spent the past 40 years trying to turn boys into girls.

    Libs think testosterone should be regulated/banned.

    there is a funny irony to that. male hair loss drugs are basically estrogen…


  86. eaglesoars
    86 | December 21, 2012 11:17 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    male hair loss drugs are basically estrogen…

    BWAHAHAHAHA!!


  87. huckfunn
    87 | December 21, 2012 11:18 pm

    The Osprey wrote:

    Here in Arizona there are plenty of 10/22′s on the shelf. There’s not even all that much panic buying of
    handguns…1911′s, Glocks, SiGs and what not can still be had at roughly the same prices as last week.
    But the walls at Scottsdale Gun Club and US Auto Weapons that were full of AR’s, AK’s and the like two weeks ago are bare.

    Yay! Gun porn.


  88. brookly red
    88 | December 21, 2012 11:19 pm

    eaglesoars wrote:

    male hair loss drugs are basically estrogen…

    BWAHAHAHAHA!!

    yup so it seems the best way for a guy to attract women is to become one :)


  89. coldwarrior
    89 | December 21, 2012 11:21 pm

    an oot is up


  90. eaglesoars
    90 | December 21, 2012 11:28 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    yup so it seems the best way for a guy to attract women is to become one

    Not true. Many women find bald men quite attractive. Like me. I married one………….

    Think Yul Bryner. LL Cool J


  91. brookly red
    91 | December 21, 2012 11:31 pm

    eaglesoars wrote:

    brookly red wrote:

    yup so it seems the best way for a guy to attract women is to become one

    Not true. Many women find bald men quite attractive. Like me. I married one………….

    Think Yul Bryner. LL Cool J

    I think that may be the first time in history those 2 were mentioned in the same sentence


  92. Speranza
    92 | December 22, 2012 8:40 am

    brookly red wrote:

    eaglesoars wrote:
    male hair loss drugs are basically estrogen…
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!
    yup so it seems the best way for a guy to attract women is to become one

    Yeah but he will have hair but not able to do “it”, That’s the trade off.


Back to the Top

The Blogmocracy

website design was Built By David