Caturday: Getting ready for Christmas

by 1389AD ( 38 Comments › )
Filed under Caturday, Open thread at December 22nd, 2012 - 7:00 pm

(h/t: Johanna)

Get out kitties - I got Caturday errands to run!

Housework on a Caturday? Nooooooo!

Lolcat: Deck the halls with catnip mousies - Wreck the tree and blame the doggies

Tags: ,

Comments

38 Responses to “Caturday: Getting ready for Christmas”

2 | December 22, 2012 7:44 pm

anyone who trusts the feds to be fair needs a mental exam…they are reducing us to ant status…go there, bring back a chunk of leaf, repeat til you die

2. Calo
    3 | December 22, 2012 8:11 pm

@ heysoos:
    I thought we were done with politics for a Caturday night.

What happened, haysoos?

4 | December 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Legislator’s electoral plan catches RNC’s ear

HARRISBURG — The national GOP is keeping an eye on state Senate Republican leader Dominic Pileggi‘s effort to change the way Pennsylvania counts its votes in presidential elections.

Pileggi caused a stir last fall when he proposed abandoning the method 48 states use to award their Electoral College votes: The statewide election winner gets all the electoral votes.

Because Democratic President Obama beat Republican nominee Mitt Romney in Pennsylvania — by 5 percent of the 5.7 million ballots cast in the Nov. 6 election — the state‘s 20 electoral votes were folded into Obama‘s re-election total.

Pileggi argues that the winner-take-all system is inherently unfair because the losing party — that‘s been the GOP in presidential elections going back to 1992 in Pennsylvania — gets no credit in the electoral count.

ht -- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

4. Brick
    5 | December 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

Legislator’s electoral plan catches RNC’s ear

ht — Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Don’t hold your breath. This was bandied about in 2011 as well -- and could have been passed in time for this past November -- but no dice. :(

And here’s a pic of Mabelcat to keep the thread on track.

6 | December 22, 2012 9:23 pm

Calo wrote:

@ heysoos:
    I thought we were done with politics for a Caturday night.
    What happened, haysoos?

momentary second wind

6. Calo
    7 | December 22, 2012 9:26 pm

@ heysoos:
    Well, if I miss you again ….

Merry Christmas haysoos.
    I’m glad you finally made this blog your home.

Now, post me some blues, please.

7. 8 | December 22, 2012 9:28 pm

Calo wrote:

@ heysoos:
    Well, if I miss you again ….

Then get some new readers and a better scope on your rifle… :twisted: :razz:

8. Calo
    9 | December 22, 2012 9:31 pm

You NEVER answered my tweet today.

Denier!

9. 10 | December 22, 2012 9:32 pm

Calo wrote:

You NEVER answered my tweet today.
    Denier!

Never saw it… :oops:

11 | December 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Calo wrote:

@ heysoos:
    Well, if I miss you again ….
    Merry Christmas haysoos.
    I’m glad you finally made this blog your home.
    Now, post me some blues, please.

well thank you and to you as well…I had to go get some take out, and took a spin through downtown to look at the decorations…Old Town Plaza is especially cool…lots o shoppers, eaters, and tourists…
    some blues…blues are lots of styles, genres, branches and twigs…I like my generation doing the old stuff…like this

11. Calo
    12 | December 22, 2012 10:09 pm

@ heysoos:
    Aaahh, perfect.
    I am a converted old person in love with Mick.
    Better late than never.

12. eaglesoars
    13 | December 22, 2012 10:19 pm

@ Brick:

That’s one gorgeous cat!

13. Brick
    14 | December 22, 2012 10:40 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

@ Brick:
    That’s one gorgeous cat!

Thanks. One of my better pet pics.

It’s a rescue cat my parents adopted.

14. 15 | December 22, 2012 11:28 pm

We might have a home for our little foster kitten! We’ll take her to the shelter tomorrow to meet the lady.

16 | December 23, 2012 12:11 am

A place you can get a free beer.

17 | December 23, 2012 12:14 am

A twwet.

delmo ‏@delmolition
    I’m so white at dancing.

People that live by negative stereotypes are usually clueless about life. And in this case a double negative

18 | December 23, 2012 12:16 am

Ted Nugent ‏@TedNugent
    Manchin Bloomburg Clinton Obama Durbin et al hav fulltime tax paid for security toting the very firearms they wish to deny we the people
    Retweeted by American Infidel

19 | December 23, 2012 12:19 am

@ 18 darkwords: Nugent knows how to talk this issue

19. 20 | December 23, 2012 3:05 am

I’ll put my comment/suggestion from the last long-dead thread here in case “Mars” looks in here when the sun is up…

The thread is dead, but I’ll add a point or two anyway, just in case Mars looks back in.

I see that A — money is tight, and that B — you’d like to avoid even a background check. my suggestion? Buy a used revolver from an individual. Revolvers are “old fashioned” and everybody wants a pistol of some sort these days, so revolvers don’t bring premium prices (some excepted.) Lots and lots of police service-style revolvers out there with a lot of life left in them. Usually with a 4″ barrel, in steel or stainless steel. S&W and Ruger are two top brands. I’d recommend a .357 magnum. That’s a kick-ass round, but the weapon will also fire .38 Special +P or regular .38 Special if you want less recoil/cheaper ammo. Yes, they only hold 6 (or 5) rounds and they’re slower to reload, but they are just as deadly as any pistol. They are also simplicity itself when it comes to operation.

Note that I’m talking double action revolvers here, not western-style single actions.

A decent revolver in the hands of somebody who knows how to use it is a fearsome weapon, and they have killed a hell of a lot of people. There’s huge numbers of them out there due to the fact that virtually every police department in the country used to use them, and a lot of them have not much more than handling and holster wear.

20. 21 | December 23, 2012 5:50 am

@ Mike C.:

Addendum -- If you are going to get a pistol (center fire), get a 9 mm. Cheapest and most available center fire pistol ammo on the planet, and fully capable of putting a bad guy down. Don’t get caught up in the caliber race. Lot’s of good 9 mm designs out there, from tiny to large, steel to alloy to polymer-framed. I like the Beretta model 9/92/96 design myself, but that’s just a personal preference; there lots of other good ones by reliable manufacturers of quality firearms. Avoid oddball designs, brands and cartidges.

21. 22 | December 23, 2012 7:41 am

Revolver wisdom -- Yes, there actually are such things as semi-automatic revolvers and revolvers that can effectively use a suppressor. They’re mostly rare collectors’ items, and you don’t need one unless you’re a collector.

22. 23 | December 23, 2012 7:50 am

Okay, so nobody’s in the mood for a gun thread…

23. 24 | December 23, 2012 7:51 am

Crossbows?

24. 25 | December 23, 2012 7:59 am

A rousing game of “Go Fish”, perhaps?

26 | December 23, 2012 8:01 am

@ Mike C.:

I’ve got a 9.

26. 27 | December 23, 2012 8:10 am

Go fish…

28 | December 23, 2012 8:11 am

Bill Ayers: Left Must Utilize Its ‘Absolute Access’ To America’s ‘Classrooms’

EAGnews.org: Former President Obama grillout buddy and self-described communist Bill Ayers came out this month to discuss how leftists can mold America to their liking: through access to schools. Ayers is famous for, in 1969, helping found Weather Underground, a self-described communist revolutionary group that bombed public buildings including police stations, the Pentagon, and the U.S. Capitol to provoke social unrest. Ayers also directed a school that allowed no grades or report cards in an effort to discourage competition.

A 1973 book Ayers coauthored was dedicated to Sirhan Sirhan, the convicted assassin of Robert Kennedy. He has spoken and written frequently on education and assisted former Chicago Mayor Richard Daley in reshaping the city’s schools in the 1990s. Sol Stern has written in City Journal: “Calling Bill Ayers a school reformer is a bit like calling Joseph Stalin an agricultural reformer.”

In this video, obtained by EAGnews.org, Ayers gives leftists advice on how to change the country from “movements on the ground.”

“If we want change to come, we would do well not to look at the sites of power we have no access to…” Ayers says. “We have absolute access to the community, the school, the neighborhood, the street, the classroom, the workplace, the farm, the shop.”

ht- Breitbart

29 | December 23, 2012 8:11 am

@ Mike C.:

With the 9?

Lemme go find a spillway…

29. 30 | December 23, 2012 8:16 am

Oops, wrong suggested topic.

I’ve got two 9s.

30. 31 | December 23, 2012 8:20 am

While the true gun nut never feels like he has enough of anything, I have convinced myself that, for the moment, I am good to go, so I am not joining the current panic buying spree.

32 | December 23, 2012 8:23 am

@ Mike C.:

It was a play on words.

I do have a G17 as my only handgun, and it was transferred to me years ago.

Due to a combination of youthful recklessness, state DUI laws, and an overzealous county sheriff, I’ll never be able to buy another one here, nor will I be able to take it from my home.

I should really be working on an expungement right now.

32. 33 | December 23, 2012 8:27 am

@ Bumr50:

My younger daughter used to work for the district Commonwealth Attorney’s office, and she said people had stuff expunged all the damned time. Depends on the state and district, I expect, so that may not be very helpful.

34 | December 23, 2012 8:32 am

@ Mike C.:

My former GOP state Rep. just got elected to the state Senate in a special election last August.

He knows me, and is from the same District as the current PA Governor, Tom Corbett (also from the District in which I live.)

So I’m waiting until he gets sworn in. I just need to draw up some sympathetic paperwork.

34. 35 | December 23, 2012 8:35 am

@ Bumr50:

Well, good luck with that. Depending on the time since the offense, it’s pretty pro forma here.

36 | December 23, 2012 9:07 am

@ Mike C.:

Thanks!

36. 37 | December 23, 2012 9:26 am

Everybody except us heathens must be at church.

38 | December 23, 2012 10:05 am

@ Mike C.:

I’m upthread now.

I’ve convinced my Protestant wife to attend Midnight Mass Dec. 24.

She’s never been.

It really is a beautiful thing, even for heathens!