Merry Christmas!

by Flyovercountry ( 18 Comments › )
Filed under Uncategorized at December 24th, 2012 - 4:59 pm

I thought that something a little different might be fun for Christmas this year. Here is an adaptation of the original Brothers Grimm story of Santa Claus. Before proceeding, and yes Santa was a Grimm creation before his legend changed over the centuries, realize that the Grimm fairy tales are massively different from the stories most Americans tell their children before bedtime. The Brothers Grimm were Eastern European, and lived about 150 years ago. Terrible things happened to children who disobeyed their parents or to people who disobeyed the rules of a ordered society. The tale of Santa Claus is no different from the other works of the Brothers Grimm. So, if this is likely to upset your sensibilities, do not proceed.

As for me, I enjoy a tale of irony which I can promise you this, will deviate from the same old same old that comes with a non stop television diet of Tim Allen and George Bailey.

You will be able to download the printed version by clicking here.

All material originally posted from this website, sfdebris dot com.

sfdebris is a website maintained by a reasonably funny guy named Charles Sonnenburg, whom I have never met personally, nor even virtually. This adaptation of the original Brothers Grimm tale of Santa Claus, and the curse that made him was written and narrated by Sonnenburg. I hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as I have.

Cross Posted from Musings of a Mad Conservative.

Comments

18 Responses to “Merry Christmas!”

1. 1 | December 24, 2012 5:32 pm

Merry Christmas Eve, Peeps! (Guess I better get going before the stores are all closed.)

2 | December 24, 2012 5:36 pm

NORAD’s Santa Cam from Israel, Egypt & the West Bank.

Hopefully, he has a good missile defense system on the sleigh…

3 | December 24, 2012 5:43 pm

the King…

4. 4 | December 24, 2012 5:44 pm

BWAHAHAHAH… Ya should have made a thread out of this… Breaking News:

5. song_and_dance_man
    5 | December 24, 2012 5:49 pm

I love your reply to Starve the Beast

6. 6 | December 24, 2012 5:52 pm

ha ha ha

7. Moe Katz
    7 | December 24, 2012 6:36 pm

I was reflecting that the mass shootings are a cultural phenomenon, and among males in particular—quite possibly driven by testosterone. Having all male children fixed at an early age would almost certainly put a stop to it. Haven’t figured out how the falling birth rate would be addressed, however.

8 | December 24, 2012 6:44 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

call me, I’ll take care of it

9. 9 | December 24, 2012 6:48 pm

@ Moe Katz:

Test tubes.

10. 10 | December 24, 2012 6:53 pm

Merry Christmas, all. May God bless you in the coming year.

11. 11 | December 24, 2012 6:59 pm

Then again, a blinking red light to warn off other traffic from creaming Santa, who is after all dumb enough to go flying around at supersonic speeds in an open sleigh, is not entirely a bad idea, Just sayin.

12. 12 | December 24, 2012 7:07 pm

I’m done cooking for the day, the last dishwasher load of the day is processing, I just caught the end of the Scrooge movie with George C. Scott, and I think I’ll clean me up now, then hit the sack. Merry Christmas to all!

14 | December 24, 2012 7:15 pm

@ heysoos:
    $1.25 million….that’s MILLION

14. mawskrat
    15 | December 24, 2012 7:15 pm

for all my believing friends…Tarja Turunen -- Silent Night (Live in Sibiu, 2005)

16 | December 24, 2012 8:06 pm