Merry Christmas To All

by Bunk X ( 69 Comments › )
Filed under Christianity, OOT at December 24th, 2012 - 9:00 pm

Merry Christmas to all Blogmockrateers and denizens of
The Overnight Open Thread!

Tags: , ,

Comments

69 Responses to “Merry Christmas To All”

1. whosoever
    1 | December 24, 2012 9:17 pm

May the face of the Creator of the universe shine upon you and all of your loved ones. And even not-so-loved ones!
    Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates it, and to my Jewish elder brethren and sistren, a big Thank You!!!!!

2. Aussie Infidel
    2 | December 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Merry Christmas everyone.

Just finished a Christmas lunch and had to let TWO holes out on my belt!

3. 3 | December 24, 2012 10:01 pm

@ Aussie Infidel:

Merry Christmas!

4. Arbalest
    4 | December 24, 2012 10:18 pm

2012 hasn’t been a complete loss:

Link found at tonight’s Ace ONT:

… at the very bottom:

The Kent Dorfman Award for Most Confused Blogging:

Charles Johnson, Little Green Foosballs (Diary of Daedalus accepting the award for Charles)

… and Merry Christmas to all.

5. Calo
    5 | December 24, 2012 10:30 pm

@ Arbalest:
    Oh, my.

BUNK?

You are up, tweet some Christmas cheer to CJ and Company.

6. 6 | December 24, 2012 10:56 pm

Merry Christmas from Ogden UT.

Sorry I haven’t been around much, too busy working…

7. gibsonz
    7 | December 24, 2012 11:02 pm

Merry Christmas!

8. 8 | December 24, 2012 11:03 pm

Merry Christmas Bunk-a-roonie…

9. mawskrat
    9 | December 24, 2012 11:08 pm

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx4rdMtCE3c

10. 10 | December 24, 2012 11:16 pm

@ Arbalest:

Foosballs! Now that’s damn funny! 8)

11 | December 25, 2012 12:08 am

Looks like we’ll have a white Christmas here. It’s been snowing for awhile now.

Great timing for the heater in my car to quit…

12. Calo
    12 | December 25, 2012 12:13 am

Well, we have rain here. And I need new windshield wipers to see and go retrieve some coffee for tomorrow morning or it ain’t gonna be a Merry Christmas here.

13 | December 25, 2012 12:30 am

@ Calo:

Replacing wiper blades is a little easier than replacing a heater blower motor, unfortunately. I had to cancel my trip to New Mexico because of it.

14. Calo
    14 | December 25, 2012 12:37 am

I saw the problems you posted about your heater yesterday. It’s a shame it wasn’t as simple as a blown out fuse to fix.

So, at least I have some company tonight on Christmas Eve and your snow to dream about.

15 | December 25, 2012 12:44 am

@ Calo:

I’m spending my Christmas Eve watching superhero movies and listening to Leia chew on her present.

Don’t tell my mom, but I’m actually not all that disappointed…

16. texasam7
    16 | December 25, 2012 12:46 am

Merry Christmas, folks! Back from Christmas Eve services, had a shot of whisky with the wife, and now I’m working on a big bottle of oatmeal stout.

17. Calo
    17 | December 25, 2012 12:54 am

Don’t tell my mom, but I am glad she left town to visit her other kid and grandkids this Christmas too.

Now, on the other hand, I’ve got this kid visiting us who finished boot camp a month or two ago at Camp Pendleton and wants Kevlar skivvies for Christmas.

Meh, where to shop?

18 | December 25, 2012 12:56 am

@ Calo:

try here

19. Bob-Crotchit
    19 | December 25, 2012 1:00 am

Merry Nachos Jack

20. Calo
    20 | December 25, 2012 1:03 am

I refuse to recognize the fact that he is all grown up.
    I’ve know him since before he could drive, he practically lived at my home for a few years.

And, he is jonesing to go to Afghanistan in a few months. I’m not ready.

21. song_and_dance_man
    21 | December 25, 2012 1:04 am

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn10FF-FQfs

22. song_and_dance_man
    22 | December 25, 2012 1:11 am

@ mawskrat:

Now that was a cool rendition. Classic with a bluesy and jazzy Fender.

23. rain of lead
    23 | December 25, 2012 1:22 am

@ Calo:

hey miss calo
    have you had a chance to start on the hobbit yet?

24. Calo
    24 | December 25, 2012 1:37 am

@ rain of lead:
    I have it downloaded on my Kindle.

But, of course, I don’t have one, yet.
    And, the Kindle on my phone is a bit difficult to read.

So, ask me in a few hours.

Merry Christmas and many blessings to you, momcat and the kitten.

25. Alberta Oil Peon
    25 | December 25, 2012 2:13 am

Merry Christmas from beautiful rural Nicaragua. The stars are shining, the laguna is like a millpond, and the dogs, roosters and fireworks have gone blessedly silent. Had a fine meal at a classy restaurant in Granada this evening. The Nicas sure know how to do grilled beef.

Poor AOP has to go home on New Year’s Eve.

26. 4_Sticks
    26 | December 25, 2012 2:19 am

Merry Christmas to all …

and to all a good night.

27. 27 | December 25, 2012 3:01 am

@ Calo:

Congrats & Merry Christmas to Charles Johnson and his Little @green_footballs for making the 2012 list! directorblue.blogspot.com/2012/12/fab50-… #LGF— BRC_807 (@Gus_807) December 25, 2012

28. Aussie Infidel
    28 | December 25, 2012 3:17 am

@ Aussie Infidel:

Merry Christmas!

Why thank you Rodan and a Very Merry Christmas to you and yours too.

… and just in case you have some PC relatives here is a suggested Christmas Opps Yule Holiday greeting.

On this day, and in full compliance with Federal Anti-Discrimination legislation, please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non addictive, gender neutral celebration of the summer solstice holiday practices with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2013, but not without due respect for the calendar of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great, and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

* By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/him or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. The wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

29. 29 | December 25, 2012 3:17 am

Looks like Christmas out there. Maybe 2″ of snow/

30. Aussie Infidel
    30 | December 25, 2012 3:22 am

Ahhh snow :0

It’s mid summer here with the tail end of a tropical cyclone leaving its mark. VERY humid and ‘blowy’ rain on and off and VERY humid.

As ever all the folks in tents are enduring their Christmas holidays baling out their tents and trying to stop their kids from drowning in their sleeping bags. Ahhhh Christmas in NZ. What can beat it!

LOL

31. Aussie Infidel
    31 | December 25, 2012 3:24 am

…. and did I say it was HUMID!!!!!! :)

32. irradicable
    32 | December 25, 2012 3:42 am

Merry Christmas…, carry-on.

33. 33 | December 25, 2012 4:20 am

I know half the globe at least feels otherwise, but Christmas in summer time just ain’t right…

34. 34 | December 25, 2012 5:34 am

Trying to get the old mind right for the coming rush. Once the wife wakes up, stuff has to be done before people arrive. There’s cleaning, of course, plus more food prep stuff. Fortunately here the madness is usually finished around 3 PM. Then it’s more cleaning, of course. But I need to clean the dining room table and chairs, vacuum the downstairs one last time, carve some bird, set the table, lay out various minor foodstuffs, etc., etc. The wife does most of the cooking today (I did most of yesterday’s cooking), but I do have to keep up with whatever mess she generates in that process. Have to get my game face on…

35 | December 25, 2012 5:42 am

just 12 more hours of work and i get 7 days off…

merry christmas all!

we are taking the kids up north tonight to gramma’s where they already have a foot of snow and are expecting another 15 tomorrow afternoon! white christmas indeed!

36. 36 | December 25, 2012 6:55 am

Good morning and Merry Christmas to all!

37. 37 | December 25, 2012 6:56 am

Only a couple on inches here, but I ain’t bitching. Merely decorative will do nicely.

I’m not headed back to the salt mine until Jan. 5. Come Jan. 31, I’m unemployed again. Maybe I should do something about that…

38. 38 | December 25, 2012 7:37 am

Okay, carved up half the turkey – that should be enough for one meal for six. If not, there’s always the other half.

39. 39 | December 25, 2012 7:58 am

Merry Christmas, everyone! No snow here. Wah.

40. 40 | December 25, 2012 8:02 am

We got just enough snow here in the lower Shenandoah valley.

41. citizen_q
    41 | December 25, 2012 8:25 am

Merry Christmas everyone.

Got about 3 inches of snow here in mid-Maryland. White Christmases don’t happen too often here.

42 | December 25, 2012 8:48 am

R.I.P. Charles Durning. I wasn’t aware of this, but he was the only survivor of his Army unit that was in the first wave to hit the beach at Normandy.

43. 43 | December 25, 2012 8:52 am

huckfunn wrote:

A Silver Star and 3 Purple Hearts. POW, too. Never talked about it.

44 | December 25, 2012 9:00 am

@ Mike C.:
    According to Wiki, he went into Normandy on a glider, was wounded, in the hospital until he was deemed fit for duty in December, ’44 and sent to Bastogne just in time for the Battle of the Bulge.

45 | December 25, 2012 9:09 am

httpv://youtu.be/tAW7kcEb6LE

46 | December 25, 2012 9:29 am

httpv://youtu.be/zR0ZJyEhNx0

47 | December 25, 2012 9:46 am

httpv://youtu.be/x5jeelU1Vb4

48. mawskrat
    48 | December 25, 2012 10:41 am

Dr. Who marathon…BBC America

never evah look into the time vortex!!!

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JWOnVNWkDE

49. John Difool
    49 | December 25, 2012 11:00 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !

50 | December 25, 2012 12:01 pm

@ huckfunn:

I see you’ve got a Handel on things this morning,
    so to quote the Governator, I’ll be Bach.

httpv://youtu.be/ZF-OWT9DSdo

51 | December 25, 2012 12:05 pm

The Osprey wrote:

@ huckfunn:

I see you’ve got a Handel on things this morning,
    so to quote the Governator, I’ll be Bach.

Sehr gut!

52. taxfreekiller
    52 | December 25, 2012 12:07 pm

From a soon to be White Christmas near the Red River in Texas.

Merry, Merry a Christmas one and all.

Iron Fist etal did you see this, guy called us on this.

Newspaper in NY, published the names and addresses of people who own guns in their area in the Sunday 22 paper.

Title of article:

Map:Where are the gun permits in your neighborhood?

Gannett owned.

They claim they got it via freedom of information, but the officals in charge of that at the state level say not so.

Obama and the Democrat Party leadership are behind this.

They take action now to scare U.S. all.

Merry Christmas from the commie Democrats.

53. 53 | December 25, 2012 12:11 pm

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pQgSvN7hYo

54 | December 25, 2012 12:21 pm

Merry Christmas to all!

55 | December 25, 2012 12:45 pm

Last night Piers Morgan delared to Rick Warfren on his program
    that “The Bible should be ammended to allow gay marriage.”
    Ammend the Bible. Hmm, how many states would that take.?

56 | December 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Ammend the Bible. Hmm, how many states would that take.?

13/16ths of all 57.

57 | December 25, 2012 12:49 pm

Last night Piers Morgan delared to Rick Warfren on his program
    that “The Bible should be ammended to allow gay marriage.”
    Ammend the Bible. Hmm, how many states would that take.?

38 But first they would have to hold a Biblical Convention to propose the changes… :wink:

58 | December 25, 2012 12:59 pm

As usual, the brilliance of the regime is dazzling:
    OBAMA, HOLDER PUSH TO LOOSEN GUN SALE RESTRICTIONS—FOR LEGAL IMMIGRANTS

59. 59 | December 25, 2012 1:15 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

Please don’t tell us Piers Morgan is teh ghey….

60 | December 25, 2012 1:15 pm

@ huckfunn:
    That sounds right, It can be called the Piers Morgan
    Biblical Amendment.

61 | December 25, 2012 1:16 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    I would really like to hear Piers Morgan propose an amendment
    to the Koran.

62 | December 25, 2012 1:21 pm

with regard to Piers Morgan, whoever he is…
    the truth has no more value than a lie, it doesn’t matter if you are right or wrong nor if you are popular or unlikable…if the ratings are there and the money rolls in, the goal has been met…screw the rest of it

63 | December 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Macker wrote:

@ Da_Beerfreak:

Please don’t tell us Piers Morgan is teh ghey….

I don’t know anything about that, but he is an attention whore.

64. 64 | December 25, 2012 1:27 pm

New Thread

65. 65 | December 25, 2012 1:35 pm

@ taxfreekiller:

I saw that. It is dispicable. We ought to find out everythng we can about this reporter and publish that. I mean everything. Name, home address, the name of his mistress, how much he drinks at lunch, everything. It is a public service to let people kknow who their news people are.

66. 66 | December 25, 2012 1:35 pm

I don’t know anything about that, but he is an attention whore.

On that, we can agree! 8)

67. 67 | December 25, 2012 2:39 pm

@ taxfreekiller:

Is that the story you mean? There’s a link to an interactive map in the story too.

68. taxfreekiller
    68 | December 25, 2012 3:01 pm

So, they set one group on another.

Gun owners known to the the nut job gun grabbing commie liberals, what could go wrong with drive by’s at these homes?

It is an attack plain and simple.

Obama will use the useful fools.

@ Kirly: